Type keyword(s) to search

S39.E01: I Vote You Out and That's It

FormerMod-a1
Message added by Whimsy

As a reminder, there is NO discussion of the previews in the episode threads. Offenders will get a warning. 

• Start Topic

30 minutes ago, SVNBob said:

Well, Elizabeth is the first one to actually write "No Vote" on a parchment.  All previous non-voters simply didn't put anything in the urn, or had an alternate piece or parchment they had to place in the urn instead of their vote.  In their cases, they didn't exactly announce there was one fewer vote than there should have been.  Anyone paying attention might have put it together, but they didn't seem to.  So there is a precedent.

Also, in this case, they didn't need to read all the "votes" anyway.  The final vote was 7-2.  Peachy read 6 of the 7, which was enough.  Elizabeth can just claim her vote wasn't read, which is true enough.

I know they don't have to show all the votes most of the time, but exactly what votes they show (the writing may give it away) is still a producers choice.  As she had to write something down here it would have been curious to see the reaction with a 'no vote' read out.

59 minutes ago, amazingracefan said:

It's like the audience just want production to tell them who to root for so they don't have to gamble and decide themselves.

That's how I felt about Sandra and Rob in their hidy-hole saying, "I like her" and "I like him."  Every minute they're on screen is Survivor time wasted to me.

• Love 8
1 minute ago, JudyObscure said:

That's how I felt about Sandra and Rob in their hidy-hole saying, "I like her" and "I like him."  Every minute they're on screen is Survivor time wasted to me.

Yea, that just feels like a way for TPTB to tell us who we're supposed to like. Who did they specifically say they liked? I only remember Sandra saying she liked Vince and Rob agreeing.

• Useful 1
58 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Yea, that just feels like a way for TPTB to tell us who we're supposed to like. Who did they specifically say they liked? I only remember Sandra saying she liked Vince and Rob agreeing.

I know they both thought that Karishma was smart.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, Machiabelly said:

Don't forget Kel Gleason from way back in season 2. He was born in America, but raised in New Brunswick. I seem to remember that he was called Canadian back then. 

He was the guy Jerri accused of having beef jerky.

Yeah, I thought that poster was saying first NHL player on the show ever (LOL) because there's definitely been Canadians?  Definitely Kel came to mind first, but I thought there were others.

It's funny because I was watching Love Island (US) this summer and there was a Canadian guy and it was very normal, but in Googling this now it appears Survivor has had very strict rules about not having Canadians on the show.  

It was funny and it seemed so fake when Sandra said she liked Vince because he had said the most innocuous thing right beforehand.  I know it's "editing" but Sandra judging the contestants after one sentence is really funny.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 3

I liked it!  And I know it's not a popular opinion, but I LOVE ME SOME BOSTON ROB!!!  seeing him and Sandra and her snark made me love the episode all the more!

You know I've been thinking the next twist in Survivor needs to be : Survivor back to basics, and they need to do the game as they did the very first season (they can reveal the votes at the end) but take away all the idols and stuff, it will FREAK ppl out!

• Love 13
1 hour ago, Cindylou said:

You know I've been thinking the next twist in Survivor needs to be : Survivor back to basics, and they need to do the game as they did the very first season (they can reveal the votes at the end) but take away all the idols and stuff, it will FREAK ppl out!

I love that idea.  I remember when it was about surviving, getting food and such.

• Love 10
19 hours ago, aquarian1 said:

Nah, I'm in the US and I'd never say I lived in Horsham, no one outside that area would know where that is.  I say I lived in Philadelphia instead.  I currently live in a 'burb of Saint Paul, but I still say I live in St Paul (or the Twin Cities) because no one outside this area would know where Maplewood is.  

Hi from Delco! (I'd also say I'm from Philly)

• Love 6
3 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

It was funny and it seemed so fake when Sandra said she liked Vince because he had said the most innocuous thing right beforehand.  I know it's "editing" but Sandra judging the contestants after one sentence is really funny.

I've never enjoyed Sandra because she seems pretty ruthless and (to me) humourless, and her quote that made the title sealed it. The people were correct - voting someone out then WAS destroying someone's dream almost before it got started, plus gave them the embarrassment of being first out. That Sandra didn't care about this whatsoever didn't endear her to me. 

To be fair, Rob is probably exactly the same. What made me like him better than Sandra, apart from his humour, is probably that I got to see him with Amber, on the show and on the special about their wedding. (Don't judge me.) 

Maybe if I'd ever seen Sandra with her family it would humanize her more to me. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Yeah, I thought that poster was saying first NHL player on the show ever (LOL) because there's definitely been Canadians?  Definitely Kel came to mind first, but I thought there were others.

You have to have American citizenship to be on the show. So you can be a dual American-Canadian citizen, but if you are only Canadian you can't apply.

Impressed by this first episode, loved Rob and Sandra especially at TC, fingers crossed it is going to be a good season.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Cindylou said:

I liked it!  And I know it's not a popular opinion, but I LOVE ME SOME BOSTON ROB!!!  seeing him and Sandra and her snark made me love the episode all the more!

It's obviously not an unpopular opinion or else they wouldn't keep bringing him back.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, lh25 said:

Does anyone else thing that has Elizabeth not chosen to go up against BR to make fire, she would have been told Survivor is all about taking chances and making big moves?

Absolutely. She was in a no-win situation with what/how he was going to respond.  Either way he would have given her a negative response.

My wife and I discussed this question and we both came to the same conclusion.

Edited by preeya
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Melina22 said:

I've never enjoyed Sandra because she seems pretty ruthless and (to me) humourless, and her quote that made the title sealed it. The people were correct - voting someone out then WAS destroying someone's dream almost before it got started, plus gave them the embarrassment of being first out. That Sandra didn't care about this whatsoever didn't endear her to me. 

See, and this is one of the many reasons I love her.  I wouldn't give a rat's ass about voting people out either.  These are a group of strangers who are competing against you.  It's not like anything horrible is happening to them, they're just losing a game.  She is absolutely ruthless when it comes to playing the game but she's never an asshole to her tribemates on a personal level. From all the interviews I've read in the past, people really liked her, which certainly helped her on her way to winning twice.  I actually find her very funny but I can see how that deadpan snarky humour isn't everyone's cup of tea.  

• Love 22

Shameless Survivor slut here. I am almost impervious to whatever they throw at me on this show. I just eat it up. HOWEVER - the reason Edge of Extinction didn't sit well with me because the very most basic premise to me is that after sticking it out, figuring your way around all the weirdness TPTB throw at you, managing not to alienate the other players - you get them to vote for you. So sitting on your butt away from the action and then swooping in at the end and coming up the winner is, eh, not completely off but it messes with the basics in my opinion.

Other than that, bring on Sandra and Rob! Lie, don't do marooning - I don't care. I actually like both Sandra and Rob. Sandra demonstrably was mean to Russell H., but I only think more of her for that. He is a troll. Rob has always held a soft spot for me because he KNOWS its a game. The first boot maybe, has a bit of sadness to it, but after that - everyone should be fairly ruthless. If you're not, you're not there to win.

• Love 10
2 hours ago, lh25 said:
4 hours ago, Cindylou said:

I love that idea.  I remember when it was about surviving, getting food and such.

We just recently rewatched Season 1 for the first time. 

It was pretty clear Burnette & Probst weren't exactly sure what they had yet. Probst talks a lot about this "unique social experiment" as if he's not sure the game is going to be interesting enough on its own.

And there's a lot of in-hindsight hysterical moral posturing by some of the players about how forming alliances rather voting at each tribal on the "merits" - whatever that is - is so lowdown and sleazy and dirty. 

A LOT more variety in challenges. A LOT more camera time spent on everyday camp life. And of course everything has to be explained to the viewers for the very first time, so there's a lot of repetition. 

We forget now how different Survivor was when it premiered. It really was something brand new.

[And I understand if this post gets shitcanned, I've wandered way off from the episode topic.]

• Useful 2
  • Love 9
33 minutes ago, Rachel RSL said:

See, and this is one of the many reasons I love her.  I wouldn't give a rat's ass about voting people out either.  

This makes me think of a post I made on the BB thread, about how our favourite players tend to be people who remind us of ourselves, or people we really like. I have zero ruthlessness in me, and don't see one thing in Sandra I recognize. I'm not bragging by any means... the world needs people like Sandra who aren't sentimental or emotional when decisions need to be made. If every player was like me, they'd draw straws to vote people out to avoid the trauma. The show would be unwatchable. But I find her hard to warm to. Maybe that will change during the season. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 6
5 minutes ago, Rachel RSL said:

The snark gene!  You definitely have the snark gene. (Why else would you hang out with here with us lol)

Excellent point! I adore snark. I'm not ruthless but I'm snarky. (Or rather I like to sit back and let others do the snarking for me.Then I giggle.) 

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, OldWiseOne said:

You have to have American citizenship to be on the show. So you can be a dual American-Canadian citizen, but if you are only Canadian you can't apply.

Impressed by this first episode, loved Rob and Sandra especially at TC, fingers crossed it is going to be a good season.

The eligibility rules were changed last year so Canadian citizens can now apply to compete on the show.  That is the reason they are making a big deal about Tom being the "first" Canadian Survivor (even though he is probably lived the majority of adult life in the U.S)

• Love 2

Ladies and Gentlemen: I give you the shark jumping moment for SURVIVOR...Boston Rob and Sandra sitting up in the box seats wisecracking like they are Statler and Waldorf watching the MUPPETT SHOW.

In other news: Having an olympic swimmer as a castaway is fair...how?

Why was Elaine wondering why she was apparently targeted. It's SURVIVOR 101 that the beautiful people will always target for first boot someone who is in any way, shape or form different.

Blue bikini girl won't be long for this game with a strategy like this: You know someone is being targeted so you pick THEM are your ride or die...just so you can be voted out the following tribal council.

Wanted to like the Asian girl but I was the one feeling uncomfortable when she was rallying the girls by throwing what amounted to a veiled "me too" shade on Dan. For heaven's sake...not every man is a mustache twirling villain trying to be "inappropriate". I thought it was unfair to imply that towards him.

Lauren is an early favorite...I hope she doesn't let me down...same with the NHL guy. He feels like a natural leader.

Elizabeth way over did the "golly whiz gee" when Rob was demonstrating making a fire. She might be a great olympian but she's a lousy actress following prompts from production to act all shock and awe in the prescence of the so called idols. I say so called because Boston Rob's win should come with an asterix. I mean if you keep bringing someone back enough time they would statistically be bound to win at some point!

• Love 2
47 minutes ago, North of Eden said:

I say so called because Boston Rob's win should come with an asterisk. I mean if you keep bringing someone back enough time they would statistically be bound to win at some point!

ITA

• Love 1
On 9/26/2019 at 8:35 AM, Straycat80 said:

I’ve wondered why Survivor has the contestants play in their underwear because in seasons past they wore swimming suits. 

Yeah, I hate that. Imagine being a woman, forced to play in bra and underpants, with Handsy-Dan touching, leaning on you, rubbing your neck, etc.  They should all play in shorts and tank tops, with the women having the option of a sports bra.

On 9/26/2019 at 8:57 AM, JudyObscure said:

Yes! What makes anyone, ever walk up to someone and do that amateur massage thing?  A woman did that to my son's neck at work and gave him a pinched nerve.  I don't even trust chiropractors, if you're not my doctor or my husband stand back. 

I had a boss come up to me and start rubbing my neck, I jumped and was thisclose to hitting him. Turns out I have a weird pressure point that he jabbed, and it felt like an attack. 

Back to the show - When they're not doing a challenge,  just sitting around talking, they should know not to touch people without permission. For women it can feel powerless when a man is being "friendly " and you dont want to anger him by telling him to back off.

• Love 15
3 hours ago, North of Eden said:

In other news: Having an olympic swimmer as a castaway is fair...how?

It's not the first time there's been Olympians on Survivor.  The first was track "star" Crystal Cox from Gabon (although that now carries an asterisk since it was revealed after the fact that she had doped during her Games, which actually explains her poor physical game in Gabon).  But more relevant is Katrina Radke from HvHvH.  She was also an Olympic swimmer...but also the first boot.

And there's been professional or former-pro athletes on Survivor throughout the run.  NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL (with Tom this season), and even pro-wrestling (which does count) have all had representatives play Survivor.

What makes it fair is two-fold.  First, specialized athletic ability doesn't always translate into performing well at Survivor challenges.  It can help, depending on the challenge, but not always.  The fact that the tribe with both the Olympian and the NHL player lost the only challenge thus far proves that.

Second, athletic ability can only get you so far in the game.  Possibly, with an immunity run, all the way to the F3.  But that doesn't mean anything if you can't get the plurality of the jury to vote for you in the end.   And since there's no defined criteria for how the jury has to vote, there's no telling if an athletic run will be enough to earn the win.

3 hours ago, North of Eden said:

I say so called because Boston Rob's win should come with an asterix. I mean if you keep bringing someone back enough time they would statistically be bound to win at some point!

Ozzy, Cirie, and Rupert would beg to differ.  Like Rob, 4 games each.  But still 0 wins among them.

• Love 18
5 hours ago, SVNBob said:

What makes it fair is two-fold.  First, specialized athletic ability doesn't always translate into performing well at Survivor challenges.  It can help, depending on the challenge, but not always.  The fact that the tribe with both the Olympian and the NHL player lost the only challenge thus far proves that.

I totally agree. Watching that first  challenge I was struck again by how physically brave they  all were.  I have no trouble diving into a nice clean swimming pool, but there is no way I could have plunged straight into the dirt under those ropes or stood in a human ladder while people ran up and dug their shoes into my shoulder or thrown myself down the other side just hoping I wouldn't land on my head and snap my neck. 

Remember that year when the first challenge had everyone jumping into a big net and some young girl broke her wrist?  Not surprised, I hate those nets. 

I noticed lots of bruises on people after this one.  The way  pro athletes are taught to protect and coddle their bodies it may be even harder for them to throw themselves into Survivor challenges.

• Love 4
6 hours ago, karriemom said:

I’m from West Chester and I either say Philly or outside Philly.  It’s just an easier point of reference for people.

I’m from Center City.  Definitely say Philly 😉

But on topic, I loved this episode.  I watch it with my 13 and 16 year old boys and they usually favor the jocks but this time they were *all about Janet*!  She’s awesome.

• Love 9
14 hours ago, North of Eden said:

Wanted to like the Asian girl but I was the one feeling uncomfortable when she was rallying the girls by throwing what amounted to a veiled "me too" shade on Dan. For heaven's sake...not every man is a mustache twirling villain trying to be "inappropriate". I thought it was unfair to imply that towards him.

Intent is not relevant

10 hours ago, SVNBob said:

And there's been professional or former-pro athletes on Survivor throughout the run.  NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL (with Tom this season), and even pro-wrestling (which does count) have all had representatives play Survivor.

There was a former NBA player on Cagayan, Cliff Robinson, and Survivor tried to do all sorts of basketball challenges just for his benefit and he ended up being hilariously bad at them anyway.  This kind of thing usually happens on this show and it's good for irony and laughs.

Was it that Kelly in Season 1 was a rowing teacher and she lost a rowing challenge to Gervase, who famously couldn't swim well?  This started the tradition.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • LOL 2
  • Love 11
2 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Intent is not relevant

Usually I do think it is, but I agree with you here.  After a couple of years of the news continually covering things like the hair blowing incident, any man who still doesn't know that quite a few  women simply do not want to be touched by men in any way, is either so arrogant he thinks he's the exception or being deliberately obtuse because he likes to do what he likes to do.  Dan struck me as some of both.

• Love 15

What I don't like with this Rob and Sandra twist is that it's easy for them to manipulate the game in order to help a player or ruin another player's game. For example, we all know the show loves Elaine. If she is in trouble, they can put only her name in the bag and when she goes to the island of idols she will have a really easy task in order to win an immunity idol. Or the opposite, if there is a player who seems boring, they can lead the conversation in such a way that this player might be better to be voted out for the rest. Rob Cesternino had a good example, it's like the players have a legal dispute with every other player and they have the same lawyer. Who will the lawyer help most? If I realize that Rob and Sandra effect the game in such a way, I will be mad and disappointed. I think this is a flaw of the twist. They are there to give advise to everyone but the good advise for player A will result in the detriment of player B,  so how have you helped player B after all?

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

The funny part was them thinking Island of the Idols would mean immunity idols, when it was finally revealed it was past contestants.  But then the annoying thing is we are supposed to idolize these people, I'd like someone to go there and say to their faces 'well you aren't my idols'.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, amazingracefan said:

The funny part was them thinking Island of the Idols would mean immunity idols, when it was finally revealed it was past contestants. 

Technically, it's both, since the current contestants can potentially get an HII from Rob and Sandra.

On 9/26/2019 at 3:38 AM, DEL901 said:

As for Vince’s underwear.... producers vet clothing and it doesn’t really matter what you want to wear.   

Please, please Survivor producers put swim suits on the contestants.  For us the viewing public.

• Love 3
On 9/27/2019 at 2:48 PM, Melina22 said:

The people were correct - voting someone out then WAS destroying someone's dream almost before it got started, plus gave them the embarrassment of being first out. That Sandra didn't care about this whatsoever didn't endear her to me.

It's a game.  People shouldn't take it so seriously.  But like you I'd be trying to make friends with everyone and would have a hard time voting people out.

On 9/27/2019 at 3:50 PM, lh25 said:

Does anyone else thing that has Elizabeth not chosen to go up against BR to make fire, she would have been told Survivor is all about taking chances and making big moves?

Yup.  I said this back on page 1.  I also think she should have told her tribemates that she was tested on building a fire and failed.  Period.  It's the truth.

• Love 3

I just wonder if they whispered in Elizabeth's ear just before she rounded the corner, "Those two big statues are supposed to be Boston Rob and Sandra.  Act like you recognize them."  

Goodness knows I wouldn't have known that without being told.

• LOL 4
  • Love 6

If you’re a germaphobe would you ever even go on Survivor? That said, I thought Kellee had the right to either love/hate getting touched. She doesn’t even know this guy and prefers not to be touched. At least it was handled in a good way and he wasn’t voted out just because she is the one who had the issue. I’m curious to see if he (Dan) continues to annoy people or learned his lesson. I also want to see if Kellee’s germaphobia hinders her game. 

• Love 1
30 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

If you’re a germaphobe would you ever even go on Survivor? That said, I thought Kellee had the right to either love/hate getting touched. She doesn’t even know this guy and prefers not to be touched. 

I am very tidy, but not a germaphobe.  However, I was molested for 12 years of my childhood, and NO ONE has permission to touch me unless I approve of it.

All she had to say to him was, "I have issues with being touched without permission.  You didn't know that before, but you know it now.  You may have meant it as a bonding opportunity, but please do not touch me again without asking."

• Useful 1
  • Love 11

I agree with other posters, Elizabeth was in a no win situation. Why wouldn't she try to make fire, BR didn't say "If you don't try to make fire against me, I may have other options"...So if it had been me, I would have assumed my option was try to make fire against Rob, or lose a vote, what do I have to lose to try?

I will save my making judgements on Dan, until I see more episodes, these shows have a tendency to edit people in a certain light, so I'm not going to judge based on one small clip.

I do feel that oftentimes people have advantages in this game, athletes, or people that have jobs that help them in survivalist situations. I am a huge fan of Dancing with the Stars, and am always shocked at the fact a few people have dance backgrounds. They are part of girl bands, or currently the Bachelorette showed her pictures from dance from when she was a kid, and her Miss TN or whatever state she is from, talent was dance....But she doesn't have an upper advantage, because even though dance was her talent....she never liked it, until she was on DWTS....HAHA

I do like this cast, I feel like they have strayed away from the usual demographic....In that I feel like every character has a maturity level that we haven't always seen. It's not an age thing, it's an "I can take this person seriously thing'.....

I was amused at Sandra taking Elizabeth away to practice, like it was good cop/bad cop, but instead it was good Survivor/bad Survivor.

I guess that when Dennis Quaid in that one Esurance commercial signed for all those teeth whitening strips, he shared a few crates with B-Rob.  

I like both Sandra and B-Rob, and I'm okay with the format--I mean, it's not great, but it's not EoE, so I'll deal.   

Missy and the brain tumor that cleared up with meds--wow, what a story!  I like her so far.   In fact, now that Ronnie's gone I like or am neutral on just about anyone that made any impression on me--which was several of them, even if minimally.  This bodes well for my following the season!

I get very granular and say I'm from Francisville in Philadelphia, this city of neighborhoods.  But I spent half my childhood in Delco.  

• Love 1

I love how women are told they should be more vocal about not wanting men to touch them, then get told that they are at fault when they do tell dudes to knock it off, too. Several of the women mentioned his overly familiar behavior. None of them should have been put in that situation by Dan, and all of them had the right to handle it however tf they chose. (And it seemed like he was only doing it to women. Why?) 

• Love 17
34 minutes ago, azshadowwalker said:

(And it seemed like he was only doing it to women. Why?)

Could have just been the editing.  Only showing Dan touching the women supported the story they were telling with Kellee.  (Which was a good and timely story, so well done for them actually tackling the subject instead of doing the opposite and editing it out.)  But any occasions of Dan behaving the same with male tribemates could have undermined that story.

Or it could have been that he didn't approach the men in the same manner.  Or a little of both.

• Love 3

What I liked most on this episode, and weirdly nobody has mentioned it - was the CUMIN discussion.  A woman whose name I can't remember said the rice would have been improved with the addition of CUMIN, then Elaine said she never heard of CUMIN and it must be some kind of big-city bourgeois shit, and - then it just turned into one of those THINGS that happen when people are talking and messing around together.  Person number one didn't actually feel strongly in any way about CUMIN so when CUMIN started being thrown around as first a SNOB word and then almost immediately a JOKE word, where the very use of the word CUMIN was funny - well as I said to Mr. Rat we really very rarely get to see the kinds of freewheeling fun conversations that develop friendly relationships on this show.   So that I really loved.

I don't care about mentor anything.  I much prefer Sandra to Rob, but they're had worse twists in the past.

Edited by ratgirlagogo
because addition is not addiction DOH.
  • Love 13

The thing with handsy Dan is that, while it's never OK to be  physically intimate with someone without their consent, he has only known these people for what, one, two days?  Basically, he is lying his head into the lap of a complete stranger (ie, putting his face near her crotch), and giving un-asked-for backrubs to strangers as if it is no big thing.  Something is off with that guy.

I mean, maybe weeks from now, when he has developed relationships with these people and they have established a consensual physical intimacy from living together, then I could understand it.  But basically perfect strangers?  I would think it odd if a woman were doing it at that stage, too. But the strength/power dynamic for the woman to be on the receiving end is really putting her in an awkward spot.  One could almost think he was doing it to provoke a confrontation or something, to get someone else on the "outs" with the tribe, but he doesn't seem anywhere near that (Survivor) smart.  Probably just clueless.  Which is no excuse.

Edited by Special K
  • Love 17
On 9/27/2019 at 7:34 AM, SVNBob said:

Well, Elizabeth is the first one to actually write "No Vote" on a parchment.  All previous non-voters simply didn't put anything in the urn, or had an alternate piece or parchment they had to place in the urn instead of their vote.  In their cases, they didn't exactly announce there was one fewer vote than there should have been.  Anyone paying attention might have put it together, but they didn't seem to.  So there is a precedent.

Also, in this case, they didn't need to read all the "votes" anyway.  The final vote was 7-2.  Peachy read 6 of the 7, which was enough.  Elizabeth can just claim her vote wasn't read, which is true enough.

On 9/27/2019 at 8:08 AM, amazingracefan said:

I know they don't have to show all the votes most of the time, but exactly what votes they show (the writing may give it away) is still a producers choice.  As she had to write something down here it would have been curious to see the reaction with a 'no vote' read out.

I think it's pretty well established that Jeffy (or the producers) reorder the votes as they see fit in order to create the most drama.  That's why when votes are split he usually alternates between one for X, one for Y, and how often times it's so convenient how the last vote decides it.  If Elizabeth's "No Vote" had made a difference, no doubt it would have been the last vote read off.

What I find interesting is that in seasons where there was that "break an urn, play a game, but lose your vote if you lose"... the contestant who lost their vote still went to the booth but just didn't put anything in the urn.  And there was at least one time where it made a difference.  I swear I remember Jeffy saying something like "5 votes X, 4 votes Y, 1 vote left".  And the votes didn't add up, because one person lost their vote and didn't tell anyone.  I swear after the final votes were tallied, at least one person on the tribe had this puzzled look as if they were counting the votes and knew the votes weren't adding up.  But then nothing was said the next episode.

So I wonder if Elizabeth was forced to write "no vote" or just thought she had to.

On 9/29/2019 at 7:44 AM, AZChristian said:

I just wonder if they whispered in Elizabeth's ear just before she rounded the corner, "Those two big statues are supposed to be Boston Rob and Sandra.  Act like you recognize them."  

Goodness knows I wouldn't have known that without being told.

I completely agree, it struck me as very disingenuous when she was sitting in the confessional and gushing that there's these two huge status of Sandra and Boston Rob and then they actually walked out!  I know what those two look like, and I would have been hard pressed to instantly identify those ugly monstrous heads as those two.  I am positive they told her in advance what she was going to be seeing.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
10 hours ago, azshadowwalker said:

I love how women are told they should be more vocal about not wanting men to touch them, then get told that they are at fault when they do tell dudes to knock it off, too. Several of the women mentioned his overly familiar behavior. None of them should have been put in that situation by Dan, and all of them had the right to handle it however tf they chose. (And it seemed like he was only doing it to women. Why?) 

I agree.  People in the position of putting up with this harassment never seem to have the perfect reaction that people accept.  Women cannot win.  It's a very fancy conversational maneuvering where instead of focusing on the person doing the touching the focus changes to the person's reaction to it for some reason.  And it becomes about judging whether we accept that reaction.  I'm with you because I don't care what the reaction is and  I personally don't care to evaluate that.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 15
1 hour ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

It's a very fancy conversational maneuvering where instead of focusing on the person doing the touching the focus changes to the person's reaction to it for some reason.  And it becomes about judging whether we accept that reaction. 

image.png.6f26623fed837a1c014dd9b2c96c360e.png

• LOL 5
  • Love 9