Type keyword(s) to search

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Well, mission accomplished, that EC was chaos, alright. Not explained sufficiently, re-defined by judges who liked or disliked a dish, and championed by a likely stoned Matty M. I used to watch his Canadian cooking show on Cooking Channel (the early days when it was filled with Canadian shows) and he was goofy but harmless. Made a lot of meatloaf. Guess he was there for The Bear fans. And points for Savanah’s mustard greens dessert in your face, MM. Sure, but it didn’t seem like it. And producers? Start with your host. Kristin was honest about the fuckery, I’m guessing Padma would have either explained it better or killed it. Foss, the blond guy at the table, likes to push food boundaries, sorry they only chryoned (?!) his name and not talked more about him. Heres hoping things improve. That move to Wednesday is tough.
  3. The reason, if nothing else, is for precedent. All court systems use previous rulings to inform and influence future rulings, but this is especially important in the North American law system which is based on common law. Precedents allow the court system to clarify points government laws don't cover and can become just as strong as actual government legislation. Which is why getting the ruling right is so important. As much as many of us want Harvey Weinstein to rot in jail, we shouldn't want our passion to get him in jail to muck up rulings and set bad precedents for the future. Because then we'd risk throwing a good person in jail who doesn't deserve it all because of a bad ruling.
  4. Agreed completely — I was horrified to see how this episode ended. Immunity for that psychopath? After all of those decades of tenacious efforts by the daughter, sister, detectives and that determined FBI agent, it is a travesty.
  5. I really thought JJ would never come back so when it was announced I was so excited and they truly did muck it up and a good part of that was him coming back in the middle of a story built around another actor. Much as I enjoyed NAC, he’s no JJ to me and I think they can find a good young actor to fill his shoes eventually. But the younger scene needs more men in general. Bring on a Cam recast too. I know the cast is bloated but it’s certainly not with people in that age range. As for his unfollowing people on insta, I have to say I have such a soft spot for when actors seem to truly want to stay in touch. Tom Pelphry still follows and interacts with his GL costars (including LW) and it makes me smile. But since he follows so few people it’s probably some social media manager who has curated his account. Ah well. I hope Teschner can work his magic again.
  6. I believe that Heidi’s sister said in one of her posts or TikToks that Heidi made the decision to go skirts only before she started dating/courting Timothy. I think Heidi’s family, in general, is opening Tim’s eyes a bit. They may have open discussions with their kids instead of just demanding and preaching at them.
  7. Call me too literal, but I thought it was stupid that they had to make burgers without ground meat and then most of them just ground their own meat and that was okay. Oh, and ground up meat and fish together sounds disgusting.
  8. Kevin Spacey's Accusers Come Forward for First Time in New Explosive Docuseries Spacey Unmasked
  9. Very wobbly tonight. Dunno why. Mo had chow today and I had bread. Egg & cheese cutters for lunch and PB&J for dinner. Maybe soup tomorrow? I have sweet potato, English potato, carrot, onion, plantain, pumpkin and white cabbage. For meat I have sausage, corned beef, or suspicious pork. Buddy used to love the van. And the old Suzuki before it. Mo loves the van too. After the brake peddle work done this morning he had spent most of the day in the van. Here he is with his tail wagging at high speed! Had to fetch him out for Garden Patrol and lock it up for the night. We have a bunch of public holidays coming up, including Monday and Wednesday next week. With the weekend and everyone likely to avoid work on Tuesday..... I don't know what the holidays are for other than May Day on the 1st. Short Change Hero by The Heavy. If you ever watched a British action show called Strike Back, you might recognize this as the basis for their theme. OK, it's only a handful of minutes to midnight so I will end here and read two pages before dousing the lights. Mo was here next to me but has fled. However, the house is locked up so he can't get far. He was very snuggly all night last night.
  10. Love the series and as someone who is very lukewarm on Lukas Gage, I love him as Cat King. I was admittedly someone upset at the recasting of Ty Tennant and Sebastian Croft, but I am over it. Jayden Revri, George Rexstrew and Kassius Nelson are incredible. They work well together and they are a wonderful iteration of Charles, Edwin and Crystal. And Max Jenkins and Caitlin Reilly as the Dandelion Sprites were hilarious. The casting agent/s was firing from all cylinders.
  11. Does Bodie know Gen isn't his? The whole he'll look after her when he's out seemed out of nowhere. I'm with Jake, what's with the rush to sign papers to make Vince and Sharon for guardian to a child they don't know who isn't Bodies. Jake being the guardian makes sense and perfect for her. Three Rock obviously not going anywhere. Good on Jake for calling Bodie out on choosing to live for everyone else. Hopefully Vince's tremors will be ok.
  12. Todd and Lyle in an epic prank war sounds beyond fantastic, because they have such different styles. My prediction is that Lyle is going to go for psychological/mind games/head games while Todd goes for destruction, inconvenience and pure annoyance.
  13. DMK

MLB Thread

I really do hate the Padres city connects. They look like an 80s Trapper Keeper.
  14. People published this article on Thursday... Jeannie Mai Accuses Estranged Husband Jeezy of Domestic Abuse and Child Neglect amid Ongoing Divorce This one is from today Friday which also has People being a shill for Dulcolax... Jeannie Mai on Being a Single Mom amid Difficult Divorce: 'I'm Going to Do Whatever It Takes' (Exclusive)
  15. I liked Jake telling Bode that Bode needs to learn that fighting for himself can be good enough, he need not always attach himself to someone else. I also thought Alix West Lefler (Genevieve) did really well in this episode. It was also great seeing Lochlyn Munro again and I appreciated that this episode didn't follow the usual story beat where people campaigning for the shutdown of the show-central institution see how good said institution is and the institution is saved. No, even though Three Rock more than proved their worth to the community, they're still getting shut down. I don't know where the story goes from here and I don't know if it's the right choice, but the show made a move that took some guts, so credit to them. ...but...Billy Burke... Sure, Fire Country may not always know the best about how to use him, but I'd have to say, it's a deal breaker if he leaves, especially if they write him out so cheaply. Burke and Diane Farr really centre and ground this show and give it its heart and soul, so the show should be wise to keep those two around because you can't replace actors like that. Yeah, likely we'll get some more Hollywood health and Vince is going to wind up being just fine despite the scare, just like Sharon was with her kidney (remember that storyline?), but I'd appreciate it if the show gave Vince and Sharon more meaningful things to do other than cheap drama like the kidney and Vince's electric shock. Just like S.W.A.T. before it, we've got three more episodes of Fire Country to go. Will Three Rock survive? Will Bode understand the meaning of life? Will we ever get competent writers on this show? One thing's for sure though- if a tree falls in a forest, at least Station 42 will notice.
  16. I also had no idea. I looked it up. There were actually quite a few sites talking about it, but fwiw, this one is the first that came up in my search on duckduckgo: https://www.democracyentrepreneurs.org/ This game is hard on people who stammer or are otherwise slow talkers.
  17. 4/26 "Chameleon" (Better title would have been "The Face in the Dress") The NJ DA who gave that psycho serial killer immunity on the 2nd murder and the FBI boss who didn't put full resources on this case in the interest of protecting other women/future victims should both be fired. I hope this episode produces enough outrage to make some heads roll (no pun intended.) I don't know how they can live with themselves after screwing over that family, the daughter and sister of which were awesome. Those ladies were truly inspiring. Loved how the one detective said if he ever went missing, he'd want them on the case. This was a really engaging episode and with plenty of participants telling the story, Andrea didn't even ask too many of her normal jackassy questions.
  18. I haven't tried every time in every location in every orientation but the first twin all nine locations is only valid in 16 locations/orientations kincluding 4 in the midde) which is less that half. You don't have to have either of the two correct to know they fit together a certain way. So you effectively reduce your number of tiles from 9 to 8. Considering a double tile in a 9x9 matrix, there should only be 24 possible places for it to go, including orientations. (I'm in bed so can't double check that.) And since roads exit on both long sides, it must go in a central row or column. Which reduces the options to what? eight? And there are also two roads exiting on one short side which would thus be prohibited from being on the outer perimeter. Reducing the possible options to.... four? (Still trying to do it in my head.) I'm not sure how you arrive at a fractional number of possible solutions... I have an image like that. I chose to post the screen-grab I did because the individual tiles were square. The details of bushes and buildings are of no consequence. I could have divided the angled view up into nine parallelograms and then distorted each back into a square but that was too much like work. So yes, not a trivial problem to solve, but I think it's far less complicated than it appears.
  19. On TV, police solve cases, when in reality most go unsolved. Also, waaaaay less police brutality and murders at traffic stops happen on TV. Clearance rates: https://www.statista.com/statistics/194213/crime-clearance-rate-by-type-in-the-us/
  20. Lamb18

The NBA

Refs finally call a few on Eubanks. Wolves in the lead at the end of the first quarter.
  21. Ha, same! I was livid about the wording of my warning and a few years later I feel some vindication that the mod who gave it to me was fired.
  22. Yes, and I really feel the difference in performance between Jay and Sam. They are not as comfortable with each other; at least, it seems that way to me. In the last two seasons, that couple was so sweet together, but with the actress getting larger due to pregnancy, those bed scenes must be so awkward.
  23. Maybe it's one of the places where there was a mass shooting.
  24. Today
  25. I’m confused as to how he’s Goliath. Unless he was somehow reincarnated, and then sent back to earth. I’m so confused.
  1. Load more activity