Type keyword(s) to search

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. For some reason, I associate Kahuna with Kahlua, so now I'm craving a White Russian beverage. Wasn't that what The Dude drinks? I can abide that. hahaha
  3. Rose looks like she is from the trailer park and it's my understanding that she is from a disadvantaged background. She's going to look like she's from the trailer park no matter what she wears or how she styles herself. They did have fact sheets there. Ali should have been more prepared but Ali also shouldn't have been hosting that open house because she does not have a license and is limited on what she can legally say. She would've ended up telling the people they needed to talk to Gio whether she was prepared or not because she is not licensed. All of them except for maybe Jarvis & Brandi are severely unprofessional so Ali is in great company. They really could've kept this season in the vault because it was pointless. There was hardly any real estate. We saw Polly/Gio do a deal, Rose did a deal with Jason off camera and we never got to find out if Kayla sold the house. Everyone else was just standing around either gossiping or complaining about other people's business. The sad thing is this is actually a more interesting cast than the Sunset cast but now we know 3 characters aren't coming back, should the show come back for Season 4?
  4. I watch S.W.A.T. and IMO that show is running on vapors. Shemar is not really able to do much of the physical stuff anymore. My theory is that CBS uncancelled the show for another season to hold onto him while they're revving up their new soap opera. There are a lot of fan fingers crossed that Shemar will be on the new soap at least on a recurring basis and perhaps not as Malcolm Winters.
  5. arc

Challengers (2023)

I think this was well directed and acted but I feel like the writing didn’t get to the heart of anything. Certainly partly by design as everyone is mostly sort of obliquely talking at each other, but even when it’s supposed to be something direct and real, I never quite connected with the characters. Well, actually, about the direction, I’m not sure how to feel about the last few tennis sequences that got into player first-person and ball POV shots. Audacious and weird but also a little off-putting.
  6. Miracles happen. Victoria was not supposed to be able to have more kids yet she ended up giving birth to Katie. And even guys who've had vasectomies sometimes have a random swimmer break free, though the odds of it happening at pretty small.
  7. I've started noticing a pattern with these last two episodes: it gives us a groanworthy moment with Dean, but it gives the few Sam fans out there (that like him more than Dean) a nice moment that either redeems Sam as a character or just makes him look that much more well-written. Sam's final moment this episode where he finally admits that he's feeling better about his life is easily one of my favorite moments on the show, period. Plus, I like that Padalecki is given an opportunity to show his acting range for once instead of letting Ackles hog the spotlight like always. It's just weird but also cool how Sam's character has matured a lot more this season while Dean's character took a regression instead of being the usually level-headed and rational one. Sam is the heart and Dean is the head of the team, but this season so far, Dean's head is somewhere stuck up his butt. I don't mind Jo returning, and Osiris' whole schtick had so much potential for a plot (not to mention how we are finally upping the stakes to making mythological gods a regular MotW now), but unfortunately, that potential was squandered because the show wants to drag Amy's plotline out. This episode would have been given a 4.5/5 at minimum if Amy was put on the stand and Sam has to struggle with being betrayed by the end. As it is, bringing Jo back just for what might as well be a filler episode that failed to address Dean's guilt over lying to Sam in any shape or form, I sentence you to a... 2/5 The 2 is for Sam, both for his speech at the end and him being a lawyer. No points for dragging out what was a poorly written scene from last episode's ending. On the bright side... next episode: SPIKE AND CORDY. OH MY FUCKING GOD FINALLY LETS GOOOOOO
  8. Today
  9. If this is too dark for you, 6 and 7 will be apocalyptic. I considered eps 1-4 to be the lightest ones lol.
  10. I really liked the Teeny Tiny Pin sketch and the recording studio was fun, even though I knew where it was going after the first beat. And WU, of course. And thank you, WU, for going after Kristi Noem. I thought Dua Lipa was good in everything, but her songs didn't do anything for me. Maybe she has other, better, songs. The rest of the sketches were unmemorable but the show energy was good.
  11. His trust fund should be able to cover it!
  12. I keep forgetting to put in Erik's take on the episode, "Chaos Q":
  13. this was alright, nothing really stood out IMO. Though it seemed to me that DL was used less in the live sketches than other hosts usually are.
  14. Cold Open: Oh joy, starting with a sketch about the college protesters. But god bless Kenan for getting that workout for carrying this sketch on his back like that. Monologue: Dua Lipa's parents were far more normal than I was expecting. And incredibly charming. I liked the fake Q&A bit, and it got the Kristi Noem bit out of the way. Just a plain "NOPE" and moving right on. Spicy: Oh, bringing this one back. Come on, if there was ever a time to reference the Drake/Kendrick beef, it would be now. And they didn't. The Anomalous Man: Just by the first shot I knew it was a Sarah Squirm sketch. It's an Elephant Man parody with Sarah as the lead, of course this was her. Hiding that he was sexting someone else was the twist I was waiting for. Good Morning Greenville: Here's the Drake/Kendrick sketch. And of course spoken through the mouths of the whitest people they could find. I liked "As Soon As Possible Rocky." This oddly felt realistic for a dumb morning show to do. Sonny Angels: Oh dear god, Bowen creeped me out here. And this kept getting weird. "Okay. I'm back. With churros." was my favorite line of the sketch. And these dolls are real?! And it's a reference to something that happened in Challengers?! Penne a la Vodka: Okay, an ad for A Big Ass Aluminum Tray of Penne a la Vodka is genius. That IS the laziest, universal dish for any occasion. Dua Lipa 1: Okay, apparently that was Troye Sivan introducing her. I can see a sequel sketch incoming. WU: Starting with puppy murder! Man, the guys had a glut of material this week. Even had on Marcello as one of her dogs. And That was Chloe Fineman as Jojo Siwa. Give the SNL makeup crew another Emmy for that one. And Jerry Seinfeld's problem isn't that he's doing too much press, it's the stupid crap he's been saying while doing too much press and they didn't even address that. Fat Daddy: A BBQ pitmaster-turned-OBGYN is a great premise. Why did they save this sketch for AFTER Update?! This one was so great and silly. I caught the newspaper headline at the end of the sketch: Teeny Tiny Statement Pin: I'm in this sketch and I don't like it. I loved this one. I laughed at "Free Ellen" and all the vague statement pins. Soul Booth: "Oh, it's the jingle guys again!" Dua Lipa's accent carried this sketch. I'm very relieved that there were no "This host is hot" sketches. Dua Lipa can do one American accent. It's vaguely New York that's also Southern, and they're gonna get all the mileage out of it. Next week is Maya Rudolph and Vampire Weekend and it can't come fast enough. If one sketch should've gotten a sequel tonight, it was that Troye Sivan sketch since he was actually there.
  15. Rivers did have a late night show on Fox when it was a new broadcast network. The ratings were not good, and she was fired after a season. Her hosting that show was what destroyed her relationship with Johnny Carson. To me, it makes sense that Deborah would still care deeply about that kind of opportunity, given her history. I don't know if she would realistically still be considered for that job, even if she was having a big moment, but Jean Smart really sells Deborah's ambition.
  16. Morgan Elsbeth wants revenge... for what? All the other NightSisters getting killed? Then working for the Empire is inexplicable... Big Brain Thrawn fails to point this out as well...
  17. I'm a little late to the party! I tried to watch The Amazing Race many seasons ago, but just couldn't get into it. Then yesterday I got my alumni magazine, and saw an article about the winners. John graduated from Northwestern University in 2018. So, yeah, his family could be rich. But I went to Northwestern (Class of '74!) and my family was most definitely not rich. Admission is needs-blind. When I saw that the final episode was filmed in the Seattle area, where I currently live, I had to watch it. It was definitely fun to see all the local places that were featured. I think they did a pretty decent job. Although it was a real waste of Chihuly Garden and Glass. Not the ideal setting for a race! I got a real kick out of the "grunge" challenge at the Showbox. I saw some great shows there, back in the day. (Pre-grunge!) Please don't judge our local bands by those sound checks! The Black Tones are fabulous. Marymoor Park is a 640-acre county park on Lake Sammamish. It hosted the WOMAD USA festival for four years back in the day. Still a great concert venue where, more recently, I have seen the Decemberists, Alabama Shakes, Kamasi Washington, Khruangbin... So, not somebody's backyard. (But, practically in my backyard, a 20-minute walk on the Sammamish River Trail from my apartment.) And I don't think even I could find the Clise Mansion there in the dark.
  18. Empire Engineer: Dr. Hemlock, this incredibly long bridge over the valley needs handrails per Safety Directive 2397. Hemlock: I need every credit for hard drive storage in the lab. Make the railing height .3 meters
  19. It's funny you should say that, because Jerry Seinfeld recently had this to bitch about: “It used to be, you would go home at the end of the day, most people would go, ‘Oh, Cheers is on. Oh, M*A*S*H is on. Oh, Mary Tyler Moore is on. All in the Family is on,’” he told The New Yorker. “You just expected, there’ll be some funny stuff we can watch on TV tonight. Well, guess what—where is it? This is the result of the extreme left and P.C. crap, and people worrying so much about offending other people. You'll notice he's talking about shows that are 40, 50 years old. It's rather telling that Seinfeld doesn't even mention sitcoms from the 90s (a great decade for them, IMO)... you know, the decade his own fucking sitcom was on?! This makes it looks like he's been stewing about this very trivial issue for nearly half a century. And we've had comedies from the 2000s onward! I realize that people still seem to prefer "dark n' gritty" (and true crime is huge), but sitcoms and comedies are still around. The reason they may not be as in high demand has nothing to do with "political correctness". It has everything to do with changing tastes, and good ol' supply and demand. Audiences's tastes change all the time. For all we know, we could have a sitcom renaissance ten years from now. Finally, Jerry... you dated a 17-year-old when you were 40. You have no right to cast stones at anybody or anything, so kindly take a damn seat. Oh, and your new movie sounds awful. I have no idea what to with people who complain about stuff like that, except maybe suggest they live in an underground bunker and never come out again.
  20. I remember when Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D could only get permission to use obscure or new versions of Deathlok, which the first season did an origin story on. M.O.D.O.K Superior and Ghost Rider. Even though all three did things like the popular character only Robbie Reyes in his Hell Charger was accepted like Miles Morales was as an alternate Spider-Man.
  21. WW2 was a non-event for the hotel and staff... Rostov and Osip are the proletariat Siskel & Ebert now
  22. Two part season finale. Not sure this warranted 2 hours but it ended with arrests. What makes me frustrated is so much of the evidence was already available at the time of the murders. They could have gotten the financials, interviewed the former employees who could have told them about the money problems, the facebook posts, the videos, everyone attesting how much Amy resented her mother...what the hell were the police doing? Was the survellience video of him wearing the Acics new or was that also something they had? Because if it was that's just inexcusable. The show also went out of their way to paint Amy as evil incarnate and Kathy, I think that was the mom's name, as a perfect angel. Which, no. Kellie kept bringing up Amy not wanting to listen to her mother from a young age like that was proof of her being the Bad Seed. If that's a crime then lock up every kid ever. Is she guilty? Oh yeah, but I've never seen such biased storytelling on Cold Justice before and it needs to stop. Next week is a followup on a bunch of cases which I do want to see, but I wish someone besides Kellie was narrating.
  23. I had to go Google the actor immediately and was disappointed to learn that Deidre Hall is not actually his mother. It would be an amazing Easter egg if she were!
  24. [decided it was better to just ignore it - my bad]
  25. Awww, you should celebrate, you are a true survivor and you deserve it Congratulations to both you and @isalicat! Speaking of dark chocolate, I have been fighting having a small piece of dark chocolate all evening. I've already had my allotted snack for the day but it's been calling me and then you had to mention it! Agggghhhh..... 😖😉
  26. Nothing groundbreaking or too surprising, but I thought this was a pretty fun episode with nice payoffs and resolutions to some annoying threads like Dashiell's engagement to Marian and Peggy's tension with her editor. I was hoping to see an exterior of the Metropolitan. I expected it when the Duke showed up. Was it such a big deal for the Duke to be at the opening? I thought it would have been enough with Bertha securing that top opera singer who everyone wanted to see. I sort of liked Marian and Larry from the start of the series. But I was hoping there would have been a little more lead-up for this. Neither had shown an inkling of romantic interest in one another. The kiss was just so awkward. I was a little icked out by Larry's bedroom activities earlier this season. Ada's sudden wealth at the end was ridiculous but the scene was funny, and I do want to see more. It totally made her transient husband even more of a plot device than he seemed already.
  1. Load more activity