Type keyword(s) to search

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. After Katrina, one of my employees volunteered for the Corps of Engineers BlueRoof project and was sent to southeastern Texas. The houses there didn't have street addresses. Watching two or more teams drive aimlessly around for 90 minutes is not compelling TV, it's boring TV.
  3. She'll tell Pete that she did and he's naive enough to believe her! He's very trusting. Although the ghosts want Pete to travel and tell them about his adventures, this could backfire on him, and they could become resentful. Some people can only handle so much good happening to someone else before they get jealous and resentful. That sounds terrible, but sadly, that's the way some people are. That's what I thought, too. Sam wanted him to go and probably he would have refused if she hadn't agreed to pay his expenses, so she just lied about it. (We already know she knows how to lie.) I think that even Jay, despite his affection for Pete, would object to her actually wasting their money like that. Speaking of Jay and Pete, it was hilarious when he was trying to entice Pete to follow him by jingling his keys, and Sass snapped, "We're not pets!" I've been having the same feeling. i think Isaac does love Nigel but perhaps in a way that's not as committed. Nigel's little speech after their bachelor parties about how the two of them clicked and how he was even more sure about their wedding showed that, for him, this is the real deal. Meanwhile, of course, Isaac's fantasizing about his stripper. And then his remark yesterday about the places he'd visit if he had Pete's power without realizing how it might have made Nigel feel made me a bit uneasy. I think Isaac, if he's not careful, could break Nigel's heart, and I can definitely imagine that their path as a married couple might have some rocks in it next season--which would make for some interesting story arcs, I guess. I'm wondering if his lesser commitment is because he'd lived a pretty frustrating life--he never really got to do what he wanted or be what he wanted to be, so he still has all these unrealized dreams and yearnings. Nigel, perhaps, had a much more successful and fulfilled life (I really do wish we'd get some backstory on him one of these days) and so he's ready to settle down. He's also, I think, generally more sensitive to Isaac's feelings than vice versa despite the occasional needling about Britain vs. America.
  4. To be fair, Harris seems like a lost cause at this point. She almost married a weirdo and was kinda hoping some even worse guy got her pregnant.
  5. Many science journal articles list as authors everyone who worked on the study, including students. So, yes, Sheldon should have been aware of this, but, he probably wasn't reading her emails (hence the letter, although it wasn't explicitly stated in the episode).
  6. Something is seriously not adding with this guy. As of 2021, he was a realtor in Indiana He & Kristen apparently just bought property together in Indiana
  7. ^^^It would be more like if Elaine Benes said it to Summer: Regarding the IRL story of the missing Australian baby, 30+ years later a bit of the child's clothing was found buried near a dingo lair. DNA tests proved the blood on the clothing was indeed the baby's. Her mother had served several years in prison for murder before the evidence was found and she was released. Later she was officially pardoned and the Australian government paid her over a million dollars in compensation. Heh, I think the best we're going to see on Y&R is Jordan convicted of murder and kidnapping, and Victor at least charged with kidnapping. <fingers crossed>
  8. I discovered TWoP via a recap; Aaron Sorkin had written a horrible episode of The West Wing, "Isaac and Ishmael", and the recapper took it apart practically line by line, pointing out all the factual errors and stereotypes. I thought the recap's length was because there was so very, very much to criticize in that script. When I poked around and read a few more, I was surprised to see, no, they were all that frakkin' long. It's not often I declare a written work too long, but I lost patience with them. If a recapper hated an episode of an otherwise beloved show, and I felt the same way, though, that was fun to read for the snark.
  9. LOL—Olivia is running herself ragged at the hotel? Doing what? Sasha being the new Q chef is not something I'd have ever thought would happen. If she wants to cook, she should ask Carly if she can work at Bobbie's. Much less nonsense to deal with there. And yeah, Olivia was REALLY LOUD. I liked Ava's shirt. The print was so colorful. The women's wardrobe is so hit-or-miss. Even for non-reputation-washing reasons, you can't just donate something to a city, but of course Sonny's ego doesn't allow him to consider that. This isn't said nearly enough, and I really like that the show has started doing it. I also really liked it when Laura said to Sonny that his good deeds don't absolve the bad ones. We're finally getting badly needed nuance in these kinds of conversations. It was good. We went through this with my mom, and I understand both sides. But if Gregory starts having someone in the house now, when he just needs someone to be there in case of trouble, it will be so much easier when the care needs to be more constant. For now, the person could do light housekeeping or whatever and stay out of his way. That hovering is what drove my mom crazy, as well as having a stranger in the house. But start early and you get used to each other. "Is this a good time?" "I hope not, or I'll have nothing to report." Hee.
  10. Mostly to avoid a lawsuit. I mean, of course he would say the TV character is so different as to be unrecognizable, even if it is exactly like the real person. I know nothing about the real life story. I am 3 eps in and find myself frustrated by Donny, who seems to make poor choices at every turn - not only with Martha, but with the woman he dated and even his ex. If you make enough poor choices, things go wrong. Not sure what the point of BR is. It's not a study in psychology. It's not a story of a powerless victim. It's just a story that I can't imagine going anywhere except jail or death.
  11. Clumsiness. I'm expecting a delivery and since I live on the fifth floor, I need to get notifications on my phone, which has unreliable coverage and sometimes goes to voice mail instead of ringing as a call. My phone just pinged, so I leapt up in case it was the delivery guys leaving a message, not wanting to risk them leaving before I got downstairs. Of course, my laptop shot off my lap, straight down onto my toe, which now hurts like hell, elevated or otherwise, won't bend and is bright red. I'm used to my elbows and shins being bruised long after I've forgotten what I bumped, but now I have to worry about toes? Naturally it was a cold call, and since I answered, they now have a phone number belonging to a live person to harass and with a number to sell on. Double peeve.
  12. I have never understood why Georgie doesn't use correct grammar, since the rest of his family does. Has it ever been addressed? I wonder if the writers put the storyline of Georgie talking to C.C. using correct grammar because that is how they are going to write for him in the spin off? I am so sad that "Missy" will not be in the spin off. She has been my fav character for quite awhile, with George and Georgie tied for second. I hope that at least the writers give us a Missy-centered episode before the end, but I am not counting on it.
  13. Yes. I think I may like Russell even more than Colter. I know it's not going to be the same as in the books but it should still be pretty good.
  14. I did! Now I'm watching Queen Charlotte too.
  15. TV Gangsters swap hostages all the time... Not for ransom, but as good faith gesture during negotiations. Fargo, Burn Notice and many others
  16. So, the Commanders selected Jayden Daniels. Sure, he won the Heisman but he looks kind of slim and I'm getting RG III vibes--and that ain't good. Good luck, young man, and I hope I'm wrong.
  17. Sheldon was willing to move to Bozeman. I assume he knows it snows there. The winter of 1993-94 in Boston is second place for snowiest winters for the city with 96.3 inches.
  18. That's a great point that I didn't think of! The brides who end up with the dresses won't know that the MAFS girls wore the dresses, so they can create new memories and happiness in the dresses 🙂.
  19. There are still New Yorkers today who think nothing exists west of New Jersey.
  20. I don't understand why Max doesn't have all the episodes on the platform, but I guess this is something.
  21. I'd forgotten that was MIT. So Mary probably prayed about it and now believes her prayers were answered. To be fair, I think a storm of that magnitude is referenced as an "act of God" in many homeowner insurance policies. here’s link to some photographs of the non-denominational mit chapel. it was designed by eero saarinen, who also designed the saint louis arch. it is a peaceful, and truly spiritual place mit chapel
  22. It's clearly a Columbo (and more recently, Pokerface)-style detective show. More like a howtheysolveit than whodunnit. One of the upsides of a showing filming in NYC is they get excellent Broadway actors like the Tony-nominated Diamond.
  23. I mean this in the nicest possible way: I think it would be good for someone to die on the plane, so Pete has someone to really keep him company on the flight.
  24. Sav's Squid Ceviche with Mango, Chilli, Coconut and Curry Leaf.
  25. Don't even say it! Yikes!🤮 In fairness, Maggie could never fit a helmet onto that bouffant of hers. If Ron were writing this, I'd be bracing myself for Xander arranging a Furnace of Love 2.0. Her parents are Blockhead Brady and Kristen 2.0. Find compassion in your heart for her. She never stood a chance.
  1. Load more activity