Type keyword(s) to search

2019 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp Spoilers

Drogo
  • Start Topic

Is it possible that the 36 is a NFL cheerleader rule? similar to that there is a limit of how many NFL players are on the roster - ie cuts will be coming to every club over the next few weeks, once preseason is over.

Are there any other cheerleader clubs have more than 36-38 (allowing for alternates/injuries) ?

6 minutes ago, sATL said:

Is it possible that the 36 is a NFL cheerleader rule? similar to that there is a limit of how many NFL players are on the roster - ie cuts will be coming to every club over the next few weeks, once preseason is over.

Are there any other cheerleader clubs have more than 36-38 (allowing for alternates/injuries) ?

I know one team only has 26 another team has like 34 really depends on the team shoot one team has like 53 members bc they have dancer and stunt team members all on one team 

Edited by Holly85
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, chrishunt said:

The whole “taking 37 but only having 36 on the field because of pay” doesn’t make sense. If the girls are still required to be there, even in the locker room, it’s a work event and legally they must be paid. Shelly said we’d find out the reason on the show, so it’s got to be big enough and DCC appropriate enough to reveal on CMT. I think someone, likely a senior vet, is pregnant or severely injured.

The rookies are now getting 12 per hour for practice and 250 per game.  Except, the 12 an hour is probably more than game day pay as they have to be on time for game day five hours before the game and are there after the game for a few hours.   

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
15 minutes ago, HideyYall said:

The rookies are now getting 12 per hour for practice and 250 per game.  Except, the 12 an hour is probably more than game day pay as they have to be on time for game day five hours before the game and are there after the game for a few hours.   

That’s great that they are getting paid more they all deserve it they all work so hard 

• Love 4
On 8/27/2019 at 1:33 PM, Tootie said:

I agree.  Technically, they can do a "triangle-ish" formation with 37, but the columns and staggered lines would be tricky...

2019-08-27 (26).png

Right on, Tootie.  One sleepless night of the weekend, my mind started thinking about blocking with 37.  I got my sketch pad out and came up with the same formation.

Tonight, I went to YouTube to find formations made of nested chevrons as I recalled them using them in the past.

I happened across a 2013 video featuring 37–a heart—which I enjoy.

9E719114-4915-490D-A845-164C529C26F6.jpeg

• Love 18
3 minutes ago, DCCFan197605 said:

Right on, Tootie.  One sleepless night of the weekend, my mind started thinking about blocking with 37.  I got my sketch pad out and came up with the same formation.

Tonight, I went to YouTube to find formations made of nested chevrons as I recalled them using them in the past.

I happened across a 2013 video featuring 37–a heart—which I enjoy.

9E719114-4915-490D-A845-164C529C26F6.jpeg

You stay up on sleepless nights thinking about this?

Just now, HideyYall said:

Did you make the spreadsheet of the formation?  Just curious.

• LOL 6
  • Love 3
6 minutes ago, HideyYall said:

I sure do.  If you check my post history, most occur after 2 am.

But, sadly no spreadsheets.  I am not as cool as Tootie.  Just old school sketching.

722FCE6D-56E9-43C3-8E10-E39A4247A07F.jpeg

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 10

Actually, it was fun hunting the old formations.

It looks like a classic diamond 💎 is used, too.   This one is from the reviled shared point in one pre-season.  When we first heard of Maddie and Amy sharing point, I thought we’d get a formation like this one.   It wasn’t until later one fellow member indicated they would switch the single point duties during the dance.

8E5F0993-2CAB-45C5-AE05-56FC16A7B876.png

• Love 8
5 minutes ago, Tootie said:

I'm sorry if my spreadsheets offend people.  I guess I shouldn't share them...  My bad!

Oh no!!!  Some of us need a visual aid.  And like I’ve said before, the only way I could do what you do, is by drawing on my computer screen with a ruler, protractor and white out😂

So, thank you for doing what you do:)

24 minutes ago, DCCFan197605 said:

I sure do.  If you check my post history, most occur after 2 am.

But, sadly no spreadsheets.  I am not as cool as Tootie.  Just old school sketching.

722FCE6D-56E9-43C3-8E10-E39A4247A07F.jpeg

And here’s to old school sketching 🍻

• Love 18
3 hours ago, Tootie said:

I'm sorry if my spreadsheets offend people.  I guess I shouldn't share them...  My bad!

I find them useful!

The Baltimore Ravens have 53 cheerleaders (as Holly mentioned a team did earlier) that comprise the stunt and cheer squads which all perform on game days.

From what I am reading between the lines, there is a reason for having 37 on the team that has nothing to do with pay. JMO

• Love 13
4 hours ago, HideyYall said:

HAHA!  I was going to say that too!  That's awesome!  

4 hours ago, Tootie said:

Don't you dare stop!  (said with love :))

• Love 14
16 hours ago, Dal8las said:

Where did the theory come from that they are only going to pay 36 girls at time? Its hella shady, I would hate to have to be the one to sit out a game because you didn't want to pay me.

Whats the point of being on the team?  To not get paid, because the coaches decided to keep one extra girl. That should be on the coaches to find a way to get all 37 girls paid. It's ridiculous since they could honestly cut this squad down to 34....exhausting to say the least..

Also unless Rachel A. is injured I would never sit her out...the girls that should rotate out each game should be Kat, Lily, and Christina.  

I'm not sure anyone said that.  It is just another made up conspiracy theory .

• Love 8
12 hours ago, chrishunt said:

The whole “taking 37 but only having 36 on the field because of pay” doesn’t make sense. If the girls are still required to be there, even in the locker room, it’s a work event and legally they must be paid. Shelly said we’d find out the reason on the show, so it’s got to be big enough and DCC appropriate enough to reveal on CMT. I think someone, likely a senior vet, is pregnant or severely injured.

Who said they took 37 because of pay? 

11 hours ago, Bellisima08 said:

Madeline's view of how you are not a legacy until you make the team is really so much more appealing then VK and others acting like being a legacy is their due & that a spot should be theirs automatically. It would be interesting if one day one of these kids not only rejected it, but went public & railed on the organization.

This adorable little girl is already being accused of only making the team 15 years from now because she is a legacy.

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
5 hours ago, Tootie said:

Please do not stop sharing your spreadsheets, they are awesome and VERY helpful!!! You are awesome!

• Love 19
18 minutes ago, cherryblossom said:

When speaking of legacies, wasn’t there a girl in prelims or semis where K said she didn’t know that this was a daughter of a legacy & K even danced with the Mom.

Yep! That was Madeline Grace & she’s auditioning again next year. 

• Love 5
3 hours ago, HideyYall said:

This adorable little girl is already being accused of only making the team 15 years from now because she is a legacy.

The gag is who will be the coaches in 15 years...hahaha. Will there even be a NFL like it is today? Will they even have cheerleaders?...

• Love 5
8 hours ago, DCCFan197605 said:

It looks like a classic diamond 💎 is used, too.   This one is from the reviled shared point in one pre-season.  When we first heard of Maddie and Amy sharing point, I thought we’d get a formation like this one.   It wasn’t until later one fellow member indicated they would switch the single point duties during the dance.

I remember this formation wasn't it like Crystal and Evan here...or Crystal and Brooke? I forget

8 hours ago, Tootie said:

Me at this

tenor.gif?itemid=7954085

Edited by Dal8las
  • LOL 4
  • Love 7
15 hours ago, pinkandsparkly13 said:

It's dumb if they make them stay in the locker room if they're not dancing and have to be there. At least let them watch the damn game! Being baished to a locker room for 3 hours? 

Why not let the one not performing on the field  work with the All Stars visiting suites etc.. on game day.  Just sitting alone unproductive on game day seems like such a waste of a good DCC.

• Love 6
11 minutes ago, flightlevel said:

Why not let the one not performing on the field  work with the All Stars visiting suites etc.. on game day.  Just sitting alone unproductive on game day seems like such a waste of a good DCC.

It happens though.  I read "Deep in the Heart of Texas: Reflections of Former Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders" and they mention being sat out for performances consistently with the girls.  Then again, it was a different director then, but who knows . . .

11 minutes ago, rl27rl said:

It happens though.  I read "Deep in the Heart of Texas: Reflections of Former Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders" and they mention being sat out for performances consistently with the girls.  Then again, it was a different director then, but who knows . . .

Such a waste of time and resources. I don't know why they stick around. 

• Love 5
9 hours ago, DCCFan197605 said:

I think that formation was from 2011, with Whitney and Ashton bc brittany evans was injured, which makes me to remember that both were two powerful dancers

• Love 1
43 minutes ago, rl27rl said:

I think that was Texie Schram (spelling?) at Texas stadium where they could only get like 32 cheerleaders on the field and they had 36 and leave like 4 in the locker room. That is if you are talking about that book written by the Scholz sisters.

There is a few other books on DCC I read. One just slagged DCC off and the short version was “if anything happened to you no one would help you but at DMD if that happened you’d have all hands helping you” which was similar to what Milan said in her podcast ... sorry to get off topic.

Didn’t I see someone post it was squad photo day the other day? If not when is it. I’m dying to see what mess that photo would look like this year. I’m dying to see how long VK last before she goes back to invading someone’s space esp in the triangle.

Edited by CrazyEve
  • Love 1

Jeez, I kinda feel bad for Gina Marie. The edits are just annihilating her. Because she is getting cut, it is so easy to go back through the footage and focus on all her screw ups when putting the episodes together. I love Brett. I was so sad to learn she got cut, so watching her on the episodes with her big smile and her excited enthusiasm, it breaks my heart knowing she doesnt make it.

• Love 7
9 hours ago, Tootie said:

What? No way! I love the graphics and refer to them frequently. Don't stop please!

• Love 3
46 minutes ago, CrazyEve said:

I think that was Texie Schram (spelling?) at Texas stadium where they could only get like 32 cheerleaders on the field and they had 36 and leave like 4 in the locker room. That is if you are talking about that book written by the Scholz sisters.

There is a few other books on DCC I read. One just slagged DCC off and the short version was “if anything happened to you no one would help you but at DMD if that happened you’d have all hands helping you” which was similar to what Milan said in her podcast ... sorry to get off topic.

Didn’t I see someone post it was squad photo day the other day? If not when is it. I’m dying to see what mess that photo would look like this year. I’m dying to see how long VK last before she goes back to invading someone’s space esp in the triangle.

Yeah it was the other day 

15 hours ago, Cowboysfan16 said:

And then we’re drawn to making sometimes crazy conclusions 😂 I honestly love seeing where something starts and pages later where it ends and everything in between. Like the “Gina quit” post omg 😂😂😂

And if something is repeated often enough, it suddenly becomes gospel . . .

• LOL 8
  • Love 3

Does anybody in here is not fan of Caroline or Ashlee ?? (like me, hope i dont get hate for this )

I would reather put Jalyn, Daphne and Hannah all the way in the triangle in front of them. I dont think Carolina has the power of Bridget, Gina and Maddie.

And i didnt notice the huge mistake of Tess in the first formation of TS OMG, she is not front material.

Edited by MadisonWu
11 minutes ago, MadisonWu said:

Does anybody in here is not fan of Caroline or Ashlee ?? (like me, hope i dont get hate for this )

I would reather put Jalyn, Daphne and Hannah all the way in the triangle in front of them. I dont think Carolina has the power of Bridget, Gina and Maddie.

And i didnt notice the huge mistake of Tess in the first formation of TS OMG, she is not front material.

I have no idea why everyone is so bedazzled by Caroline. She’s as basic as vanilla soft serve and ivory soap. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 14
8 minutes ago, Jennv said:

I have no idea why everyone is so bedazzled by Caroline. She’s as basic as vanilla soft serve and ivory soap. 

That's how I feel about Bridget *small voice*

• LOL 6
  • Love 9
3 minutes ago, Jennv said:

I didn't know she was on the squad til I saw the post she won "Rookie of The Year". There is always a girl every new rookie squad that will get a fan following that seems so strange...Heather is a great example..I would put her in the soft serve group..

• LOL 4
  • Love 7

I have no idea why everyone is so bedazzled by Caroline.

She has really good technique and extension.

I think there are a lot of other reasons certain DCC "stick" out.

I'm beginning to think that you don't really need good technique, extension, or heck even know how to dance to be on squad.

Hence - VK.

She sticks out for so many other reasons. lol. 

Edited by chabelisaywow
words man, words
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 6
7 hours ago, HideyYall said:

Who said they took 37 because of pay? 

No one.  Shelly originally said that 36 was a hard number, for budget reasons.  Then, when the squad was announced, they took 37.  Shelly said the reason behind taking 37 would be known during the episode.  Someone said that 2 girls would be rotating games to make 36.  Then all of a sudden, the rumor mill has it that only 36 girls get paid on game day because of Charlotte.  Shelly never said that only 36 girls will get paid.

• Love 17
25 minutes ago, Donna S said:

No one.  Shelly originally said that 36 was a hard number, for budget reasons.  Then, when the squad was announced, they took 37.  Shelly said the reason behind taking 37 would be known during the episode.  Someone said that 2 girls would be rotating games to make 36.  Then all of a sudden, the rumor mill has it that only 36 girls get paid on game day because of Charlotte.  Shelly never said that only 36 girls will get paid.

Yes, someone did. One of our insiders posted this multiple pages back. I’ll go back and try to find the post. Actually, no I won’t cuz it’s not like it’ll convince anyone. 😂 ✌️ 

Edited by PrincessLeia
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, PrincessLeia said:

Yes, someone did. One of our insiders posted this multiple pages back. I’ll go back and try to find the post. Actually, no I won’t cuz it’s not like it’ll convince anyone. 😂 ✌️ 

I always take what these insiders say with a grain of salt 

• Love 4
1 minute ago, PrincessLeia said:

Yep. One of the insiders said that Charlotte will no longer pay for more than 36 girls to be on the field. I remember because I think it was in response to one of my posts asking about about the year that they had 39, and all girls were on the field for TS.

Although as someone said, if the 37th girl is required to be at Cowboys stadium, then she is at work and still must be paid, so I’m not sure there’s a money reason behind the 37th girl sitting out of TS. Now, if she just has entire the day off and doesn’t show up at all, that’s different.

• Love 2
18 hours ago, Holly85 said:

It’s not any different then the nba they may pick a squad of 19-20 but only use 12 at a game so I don’t see what the big deal is 

But that’s not dcc. They’ve never done this before and if that’s the case now, they don’t need all stars anymore. Imo they could easily cut this squad down to 32 and they can replace the all stars with the remaining 5 girls if needed who will just do appearances etc. you don’t alternate the main girls when you have a separate mini squad specifically for this.

• Love 3