Type keyword(s) to search

2019 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp Spoilers

Drogo
  • Start Topic

11 hours ago, HideyYall said:

I was at the game. They all looked incredible.  To answer the question about why Rachel didn't do Thunderstruck, is because it is only for 36 girls.  There have been injuries in the past and that is why 37 were taken on the team.  Two girls were told that they would rotate.  I don't know who the other is.  Guess we will find out Thursday.

I think they always look incredible. They work so hard, and I imagine first games are probably rough for a group of people who don't have a final team until 5-6 days before. I'm glad to hear someone else can back this up who was actually at the game 🙂 

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Kayce said:

Briana is one of my three faves...Brennan, Briana and Bridget 🙂

Also...they've had 37 and 39 girls before on the roster and they didn't rotate girls out, as far as I know,  for TS. .why start now?  

In 2016 they had 37 and yes  they did rotate girls for TS for each game . All 37 were on the field throughout the game.  As someone else previously stated the formation for TS will only allow 36 and no more

Edited by forumborum
Finish statement
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, HideyYall said:

I was at the game. They all looked incredible.  To answer the question about why Rachel didn't do Thunderstruck, is because it is only for 36 girls.  There have been injuries in the past and that is why 37 were taken on the team.  Two girls were told that they would rotate.  I don't know who the other is.  Guess we will find out Thursday.

This just doesn't make any sense to me as to why they would do that! I mean, they have all-stars that could fill in for those that are injured.  They have in the past, so why can't they now?  

Edited by TUOwl84
  • Love 2

I don’t quite understand the comment that “Thunderstruck only allows for 36 girls”? Are people suggesting that there’s no way to make a triangle with more than 36 girls or that they are simply choosing not to?

As someone else stated, they had 39 girls one year (2012, i believe), and I don’t remember 3 girls sitting out each pregame. It’s possible that they did, but I don’t remember it. Anyone have video from that year?

• Love 7
12 hours ago, Mercurialsteph said:

That’s interesting a 3 year vet on show group would be asked to rotate not a rookie or a two year or non show group vet...

My guess is they asked girls who would be able to do the changes that are required should they need to fill in and be good at it. Filling in isn’t an easy task because depending on your position it can be very different from what you are used to doing and where your formations usually are on the field. 

3 minutes ago, KatieC said:

My guess is they asked girls who would be able to do the changes that are required should they need to fill in and be good at it. Filling in isn’t an easy task because depending on your position it can be very different from what you are used to doing and where your formations usually are on the field. 

I remember when Emma filled in for someone injured she stated the last time she was on the field her sport was on the opposite side on the 50. She was having trouble erasing her muscle memory. I am also impressed that they can dance the same motions to different music. I don't think I could do that. 

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, SanDiegoGal said:

Agree with your post, but I must add that it is a dangerous scenario with Victoria in that spot. If she had been in the back corner, then she could only take-out 1 or 2 girls at most with her beautiful storm antics. But in her current spot, she could wipe-out 7 or 8 girls with a single move out of space.

I vote for Christina to rotate with Christina... which I guess makes the squad 36!

I love Christina. Is she the strongest? Maybe not, but I love her dedication. It's hard to repeatedly try for something after failing multiples times. And once she finally made it, she stuck with it. Not like the quitters of Kalyssa, Alexandria, Milan, ect.   

• LOL 3
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, Jess14 said:

I don’t quite understand the comment that “Thunderstruck only allows for 36 girls”? Are people suggesting that there’s no way to make a triangle with more than 36 girls or that they are simply choosing not to?

As someone else stated, they had 39 girls one year (2012, i believe), and I don’t remember 3 girls sitting out each pregame. It’s possible that they did, but I don’t remember it. Anyone have video from that year?

They didn't. That's why I don't understand why this year is any different

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Jess14 said:

It means there's no way to make a triangle with more than 36 girls because they are choosing not to 😁

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
16 hours ago, SanDiegoGal said:

I will give Victoria credit for slimming down this season. With that said, her dancing ability has not improved and CMT edits are going WAY OVERBOARD with this "changed Victoria" storyline. When the candidates were filling-out the personality survey, and Victoria was shown saying that she has all new answers because she changed so much in the last year... I call B.S. Sure, she may have matured, but that does not mean that her entire personality changed! I took the Myers-Briggs Personality Test in college, in my 30's, and again in my 40's, and my personality type was the same all three times. I'd be more tempted to believe Victoria had grown and matured if it wasn't shoved down my throat every other minute. JMrightO. 🙂

Thank you. All the research shows that personality does not change much over the course of our lifetimes. Behavior, however, can change. So while we may be seeing VK make better choices when it comes to behavior, I do not buy into the theory that she had a 180 degree turnaround in her personality over the last year.

• Love 13

I also think it's odd that they are rotating two girls as alternates. Everything about this season (2 points, 2 alternates who aren't alternates but sit out...) Seems like wishy washy management to me. 

Also, after re-watching the early seasons, I really miss Judy yelling at the girls like an actual coach. This year, it's just constant boring snippets of feedback from Kelli and Judy.  Quiet, repetitive   "you really need to learn the choreography and pay attention to the details." Well duh. Boring.

• Love 6
11 minutes ago, ByTor said:

It means there's no way to make a triangle with more than 36 girls because they are choosing not to 😁

I agree.  Technically, they can do a "triangle-ish" formation with 37, but the columns and staggered lines would be tricky...

2019-08-27 (26).png

• Love 7
5 hours ago, DCCKnowItAll said:

It’s Gina in the first pic and Amy in the second 

It's Gina in both pics. My arrow in the 2nd pic is sloppy, but it's meant to be pointing at the 2nd girl (Gina), not the first girl (Amy). It's the 2nd girl in line (Gina) who steps out ahead of the others.

• Love 2
36 minutes ago, veronicamers said:

Thank you. All the research shows that personality does not change much over the course of our lifetimes. Behavior, however, can change. So while we may be seeing VK make better choices when it comes to behavior, I do not buy into the theory that she had a 180 degree turnaround in her personality over the last year.

Couldn't agree more!  I don't buy it for a second that she has changed that much.  "A leopard never changes its spots".

Edited by rl27rl
  • Love 10
10 minutes ago, Tootie said:

I agree.  Technically, they can do a "triangle-ish" formation with 37, but the columns and staggered lines would be tricky...

2019-08-27 (26).png

No more tricky than all that switching they're doing up front with switching points/some positions.

Sorry, I don't buy the "we took 37 because we might need an alternate" theory/explanation, that's what they use All-Stars for (I know it wasn't you, @Tootiewho posted that explanation).

• Love 7
7 minutes ago, BBK said:

Forgive me for being lazy about this, but too many posts have transpired since & I just don’t want to make the effort too look...

...but, regarding Rachel A....in the last video posted of the game (the person said the cheerleaders come out at about 1:18, or there abouts) isn’t that R.A. performing with her group? 

I was gonna be funny & say ‘she quit’ but I know how crazy we all went with Gina, that (even tho I posted it) I’d probably start believing it myself...HaHa...so I won’t!

...but yea, I thought I saw Rachel A.

Someone with ‘energy’ wanna confirm?

Thanks!

They showed Molly in Tess' group (some people got the two confused) and then they show a close up of Rachel W., but I didn't see Rachel A anywhere in that clip...

2 minutes ago, Tootie said:

They showed Molly in Tess' group (some people got the two confused) and then they show a close up of Rachel W., but I didn't see Rachel A anywhere in that clip...

Thank you, sweetie...I just realized I had my Rachel’s confused (thought Rachel A., was Rachel W.) In fact it was R.W. that I saw performing 

Oy vey...it was only the 2nd game too...I need to learn these girls name in order to keep up with y’all 😂🤷🏻‍♂️

• LOL 2
2 hours ago, TUOwl84 said:

This just doesn't make any sense to me as to why they would do that! I mean, they have all-stars that could fill in for those that are injured.  They have in the past, so why can't they now?  

$$$

Cheaper to have current DCCs perform per game than all star. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Jess14 said:

it was after that year the girls started getting paid more per game, more period.  36 is Charlotte's current cut off for the number of girls who can be on the field at one time.  

• Useful 3

Victoria got a fuckton of personal attention and guidance this past year. 

lol not with her dancing.  falling out of turns is something you correct with 9 year olds

I don't think a stank personality can be fixed.

Don't tell me they all enjoy Veruca - they don't want to get spanked for upsetting her. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 14
19 hours ago, Bellisima08 said:

I have been trying to figure out who it is with the super low leg, but their face is too far back. It looks like its the 4th person from the end of the line next to Maddie.

Guessing Kristen

On 8/25/2019 at 8:51 PM, DCCKnowItAll said:

First time posting, I usually just lurk lol I didn’t see anyone post this, but here is pregame from yesterday’s game 

Just WOW!  Bridget seriously stands out in a GOOD way.  You can spot her sparkle from a mile away.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

I can understand why they would choose Rachel A over a rookie to rotate, if that's what they are doing.  If someone got injured throughout the game, they would need someone that can adjust to where that person was in the formation's that they do.  This would mean that they can dance on the right side or the left side, front or back to any of the song's.  In order to do that they need a stronger dancer to be a fill in.  Maybe this is why they took the 37 girl's. 

I have never been to a game, don 't really get the game's where I live, so please understand I am only basing this on what I see on Youtube, or on the internet.

To me, it seemed like Jinelle, last season, filled in even on the sideline's, not just for TS. However, it seemed like she had to learn everything from training camp and I can only imagine that it was a lot in a short amount of time. So instead of just having an All-Star fill in, it may have been easier to take the 37, and have a couple of girl's, that are seasoned, adjust to whatever spot that need's to be filled.

• Love 2

Rachel A. might be on weight watch. They also might be waiting for the end of preseason and might cut someone based off how they perform during preseason game.. I know they did meet the team, but its not like they wont cut a girl...what season was that one Kaitlin girl that made it and the then went MIA. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
10 minutes ago, Dal8las said:

Rachel A. might be on weight watch. They also might be waiting for the end of preseason and might cut someone based off how they perform during preseason game.. I know they did meet the team, but its not like they wont cut a girl...what season was that one Kaitlin girl that made it and the then went MIA. 

Honestly with today being squad photo day I doubt they would do it now if they planned on cutting a lady after preseason 

• Love 1
17 hours ago, hereforthedrama said:

Correction on TS formation for when Maddie's point:

image.thumb.png.30dd6291ef839594955d808e53ad87b6.png

Kickline formation:

image.thumb.png.87b8a72e9d27101f09ac8fafa55dcfbe.png

So Tess ends up in the triangle and yet Gina and Heather get pushed back in the formation? Kelli needs to retire already or at least check her eyes.

17 hours ago, DanceLife21 said:

Longtime lurker... in the latest video of TS that was posted. Just pointing out Tess screwed up at about 2:52. At the ripple in 3 groups- she should have went with first group but went on counts for the second. Visually that mistake would have been glaring. The triangle is a hot mess.  SMH

That was really bad. I can’t believe it’s been two performances and we already had one point messing up twice and someone in the second line messing up once.

14 hours ago, chrishunt said:

I understand this perspective but I thought this was the point of All-Stars! Plus, to have a show group vet as one of the rotaters as opposed to a rookie is odd imho.

Yeah that’s bullshit. At least they should be rotating one girl per game, not making a SG 3rd year vet one of the two “alternates”. Wanna force out a vet? How about the point who has been on ww for most of her tenure? How about the point who messes up? How about the girl who clearly messes up her counts? How about the beautiful storm who’s a dance risk? Alexis looked much bigger on the jumbotron so no way rachel’s out because of her weight. I’m sorry but placing Rachel in SG must mean they think she’s strong, so why on earth would they bench her over Christina and Savannah? It’s like they’re trying to force all decent dancers out with their management choices lately.

5 hours ago, kariyaki said:

I beg to differ on this. There is only one answer to "what does the star stand for" and the point of it is to assess whether they've done ANY research at all about the organization they're trying out for. Anyone who gets this wrong didn't even bother googling it because you get the answer just from doing that.

This isn’t intended to be snark, but really what exactly is the correct answer? Because they didn’t give us one on the show and none of us here seems to know what they were going for.

45 minutes ago, whosadcc said:

I can understand why they would choose Rachel A over a rookie to rotate, if that's what they are doing.  If someone got injured throughout the game, they would need someone that can adjust to where that person was in the formation's that they do.  This would mean that they can dance on the right side or the left side, front or back to any of the song's.  In order to do that they need a stronger dancer to be a fill in.  Maybe this is why they took the 37 girl's. 

I have never been to a game, don 't really get the game's where I live, so please understand I am only basing this on what I see on Youtube, or on the internet.

To me, it seemed like Jinelle, last season, filled in even on the sideline's, not just for TS. However, it seemed like she had to learn everything from training camp and I can only imagine that it was a lot in a short amount of time. So instead of just having an All-Star fill in, it may have been easier to take the 37, and have a couple of girl's, that are seasoned, adjust to whatever spot that need's to be filled.

That’s not true. All girls have the same ‘memory muscle’ issue-as in, they will be more likely to mess up the counts if they’ve been used to dancing on a certain spot. Kinda what Tess did actually. A strong rookie wouldn’t be used to her spot and would be good enough to pick up changes quickly. Plus, rotating someone in the back is quite easy. Rachel is SG so she has to be somewhere in the middle/front, which is much harder to cover for.

As for Jinelle, let’s be honest:they’ve been doing the same sideline dances for at least a decade. At most, all stars need to learn one new dance per season, maybe 2.

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, dreamcatcher said:

So Tess ends up in the triangle and yet Gina and Heather get pushed back in the formation? Kelli needs to retire already or at least check her eyes.

That was really bad. I can’t believe it’s been two performances and we already had one point messing up twice and someone in the second line messing up once.

Yeah that’s bullshit. At least they should be rotating one girl per game, not making a SG 3rd year vet one of the two “alternates”. Wanna force out a vet? How about the point who has been on ww for most of her tenure? How about the point who messes up? How about the girl who clearly messes up her counts? How about the beautiful storm who’s a dance risk? Alexis looked much bigger on the jumbotron so no way rachel’s out because of her weight. I’m sorry but placing Rachel in SG must mean they think she’s strong, so why on earth would they bench her over Christina and Savannah? It’s like they’re trying to force all decent dancers out with their management choices lately.

This isn’t intended to be snark, but really what exactly is the correct answer? Because they didn’t give us one on the show and none of us here seems to know what they were going for.

That’s not true. All girls have the same ‘memory muscle’ issue-as in, they will be more likely to mess up the counts if they’ve been used to dancing on a certain spot. Kinda what Tess did actually. A strong rookie wouldn’t be used to her spot and would be good enough to pick up changes quickly. Plus, rotating someone in the back is quite easy. Rachel is SG so she has to be somewhere in the middle/front, which is much harder to cover for.

As for Jinelle, let’s be honest:they’ve been doing the same sideline dances for at least a decade. At most, all stars need to learn one new dance per season, maybe 2.

I doubt she out for weight maybe she has a small injury or something I doubt she is one of the two that will rotate !!! 

• Love 2

I'm glad that Victoria is hidden.  I wonder if it's another of Kelli's strategies to keep Victoria under the radar in the hopes that people forget about her and the fact that she didn't earn her spot the way the rest of the rookies had to.  Tina, on the other hand, probably wants Victoria front and center so that people actually know she's there and rocking it.  The hidden spot may also help to hide Victoria's lack of technique and all of her mistakes, including being able to turn.

Someone posted that same show group video along with the alleged Mama Kalina screaming elsewhere.  That person claims to know both Mama Kalina and Kelli and had nothing but praise for the performance. I couldn't even tell which one was Veruca and this group posted all that was wrong with performance - including awful choreo.

I do not buy into the theory that she had a 180 degree turnaround in her personality over the last year.

i think she answered the way she thought would generate a better outcome - not so much how she really is.

Will probably never get a concrete answer on how well she is or is not perceived by teammates. TBH - if we never hear about her again, would be perfect.  She accepted her ill gotten spot. Nothing will ever make be believe it was earned. AT ALL. 

Edited by chabelisaywow
  • Love 8
6 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

I doubt she out for weight maybe she has a small injury or something I doubt she is one of the two that will rotate !!! 

But she was practicing in the back, so i’m guessing it’s not injury related. Hope it’s not true, but even if multiple girls have to rotate, why would you start with a 3rd year SG vet? Unless they didn’t want to keep a vet out of the in-season games and didn’t want to force a rookie to miss out on the first game experience with their teammates. Not that Kelli is so considerate to actually think of that, and still multiple vets to choose from (ahem christina or savvy ahem).

• Love 2
20 hours ago, DCCKnowItAll said:

Here’s another video. Not the best, but it shows one of the quarter changes. They start around 1:15

Thank you for sharing this.  She may take a decent photo every so often, but it seems to take a lot of effort.  After watching the video Victoria does not scream HD friendly to me at all.  I apologize for sounding rude, but I honestly don’t get her.640DDFAE-1CEF-49E5-8F0D-ADB08C5E609E.thumb.jpeg.a0b3f170fac01342150fd78db57a38d0.jpeg

• Love 11
6 minutes ago, chabelisaywow said:

Someone posted that same show group video along with the alleged Mama Kalina screaming elsewhere.  That person claims to know both Mama Kalina and Kelli and had nothing but praise for the performance. I couldn't even tell which one was Veruca and this group posted all that was wrong with performance - including awful choreo.

i think she answered the way she thought would generate a better outcome - not some much how she really is.

Will probably never get a concrete answer on how well she is or is not perceived. TBH - if we never hear about her again, would be perfect.  She accepted her ill gotten spot. Nothing will ever make be believe it was earned. AT ALL. 

Honestly, I feel somewhat bad for her. I keep recalling Cassie talking about her retirement, looking completely lost and saying something to the effect of this has been my only dream and it’s ending. She was what? 23? This is VK in 5 years from now. Then i’m picturing her as GL and point (both are inevitable imo) and i lose all my goodwill...

• Love 10
8 hours ago, Monique said:

Briana and Taylor did a podcast last season and said they were the shortest and tallest on the team at 5’1/5’2 and 5’11 respectively 

Well this has been an eye opener. I'm pretty much the same height as Briana at 5'2 🤣 I thought she would've been like 4'10-5'0 based on how much shorter she is than everyone else in the photos. Wow I'm short.. 

In other news, would someone like to fund a trip to Dallas for me and get me into a game. Kthanksbye. (P.s I only fly first class) 

• LOL 14
  • Love 1
16 minutes ago, chabelisaywow said:

Will probably never get a concrete answer on how well she is or is not perceived. 

We've heard stories about Cassie getting girls cut, how she would make your life miserable if you weren't nice to her, how she would run to mommy, etc, so you know that it's part of the "unofficial" DCC history.  If Cassie had that much influence, I would think VK has that much influence and more.  Not only that, but any DCC watching last year's eps and reading social media would be very aware of how VK was treated.  So, if they get along with her and it's a real friendship, that's great.  But I wouldn't be surprised to find out it's a relationship fueled by fear of losing their spot or angering TPTB.

• Love 16
8 minutes ago, dreamcatcher said:

Honestly, I feel somewhat bad for her. I keep recalling Cassie talking about her retirement, looking completely lost and saying something to the effect of this has been my only dream and it’s ending. She was what? 23? This is VK in 5 years from now. Then i’m picturing her as GL and point (both are inevitable imo) and i lose all my goodwill...

I get the same way when many of the girls say this has been their dream for their whole life, it seems very minimal in the scope of a dancer's world/life. I mean there is more out there for a dancer. Being DCC should be an intro to the Pro Dance circuit. The Rockettes, Dancing for musical acts like Beyonce, Rih, Drake etc, Dancing in Films/TV, Cirque du Soleil, Classy Burlesque like Moulin Rouge. 

For Cheerleaders though I guess this is the end all be all...

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, Dal8las said:

I get the same way when many of the girls say this has been their dream for their whole life, it seems very minimal in the scope of a dancer's world/life. I mean there is more out there for a dancer. Being DCC should be an intro to the Pro Dance circuit. The Rockettes, Dancing for musical acts like Beyonce, Rih, Drake etc, Dancing in Films/TV, Cirque du Soleil, Classy Burlesque like Moulin Rouge. 

For Cheerleaders though I guess this is the end all be all...

With other girls i don’t mind that much because 1.most of them exaggerate just because that’s what K&C want to hear 2.have had a college education/professional experience as this is truly just another achievement before they move on. I think Cassie kinda wanted this just for her mom and because she had no other career or educational aspirations. VK though does seem a 100% desperate to be a dcc and have been taking classes for years (plus she had the dcc victoria account for years). Apart from Cassie, she must be the only dcc staying still with her parents, no real college experience, no professional experience. She’s not even strong enough of a dancer to make a career out of it or become a teacher. I know we all have different dreams and priorities but for me, being a dcc in this day and age shouldn’t be the whole world of a young woman.

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
20 hours ago, kevinrm45 said:

1. Why does she have to be in the middle of almost every single group photo?
2. Why does it always appear that she's purposely trying to shove/lean into the person next to her to try and be as center as possible?

jerry_jerbear_low81772_67586381_121171485897587_725307265127461710_n.thumb.jpg.89af2f0dd1427495456045ac574b5bce.jpg

Because if she’s not a Veruca will go to Auntie Kelli & day they’re not letting me be the center of the universe... perhaps someday I’ll believe she earned her boots but right now I still see someone who was gifted her position & CMT is along for the ride... 

19 hours ago, chabelisaywow said:

Veruca is getting by... I was thinking maybe she can't turn. Will she really need to? Does lol DCC "style" include turns.  As far as I can see - it's a lot of hairography. 

One of Tina and Kelly's friends has been defending her saying she earned her spot... and is well liked by her peers. 

For me - to quote Heather B from the first Real World - "they use what you give them.." so if her teammates are being "nice" it's because they don't want to get snitched on.

Veruca got her squirrel...  I hope she lays low now. 

Agree per my last post! And LOVE your Heather B reference!!!

• Love 7
41 minutes ago, chabelisaywow said:

i think she answered the way she thought would generate a better outcome - not so much how she really is.

Oh I think she answered the question she was given to rehearse way before interviews.  She was reading a line.  We've never seen any indication that VK can think on her feet or at all.  They made sure she did everything to perfection.  I'm sure she was also given the routine for preliminaries.   She's on the team and other than start the weight watch and notching the team members injured by count, there's not much we can do other than drown in her entitlement.

• Love 12
18 hours ago, hathorlive said:

Gee, I can't imagine why Veruca has trouble making friends.  Who does this?  I mean, the only thing missing is the drunk uncle screaming "get 'em sketer," ala toddlers and tiaras style.  I think the Kalina's prove you can marry up, but you are still white trash.  Was that harsh?  Maybe, but Ima pray for them.

Laughing so hard ‘ima pray for them’ could not agree more they definitely come off thy way to me... 

• Love 8
2 hours ago, J-R said:

Just WOW!  Bridget seriously stands out in a GOOD way.  You can spot her sparkle from a mile away.

omg will they EVER get rid of thunder struck? (and by they i know its not K&J)  It's been like 10 years, right???  Soooooo boring!!! I watch the clips of the quarter change dances on DCC twitter and I thought they were boring, too. The music seems overall not fun like it used to.  I used to always steal the dance songs for my workout playlist!  I guess it's DCC's fault I am no longer inspired to work out lol.  THANKS JERRY!

Edited by iloveit
  • LOL 1