Type keyword(s) to search

2019 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp Spoilers

Drogo
  • Start Topic

7 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

Yes, there is a lot of talk about how having so many eyes and opinions and experiences, lead to forming a better squad.  But if your opinion differs from her, she becomes a 🤬

There is no opinion different from hers!  Remember, she has GRACE!!!  

• LOL 2
On 6/6/2019 at 7:23 AM, Kayce said:

I'm glad someone else said it....because I love Judy and she is usually on point with her outfit choices...this one....not so much...and Kelli...I know she loves her monochromatic outfits, but that mustard does her no favors.  

RE: The Trevino sisters....I didn't care for either one of them...just thought they were OK both in dancing and looks.  

I never thought Trisha was pretty. She looks good in photos. Crystal sometimes looked like she had crossed eyes. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

Why do their lockers have state their home state?  That's so odd.  I assume it's a mode to show off that they get women from all over the country but it's still weird IMO.

9 hours ago, PrincessLeia said:

one Lanvin pantsuit

*dead*  LMFAO

8 hours ago, Isolabella said:

Wow, Alexis looked bigger on the jumbo-tron than Maddie. In Tess's group, my eyes went straight to Gina (duh) and even Molly on the other side of Tess. It's just awkward when the girls behind you are dancing harder than the point girl.

OMG the lady in the stands at maybe 1:29 is the epitome of what I expect a TX lady to look like with the leopard shirt and bleached blonde bouffant hair, hahaha! Love it...

• LOL 6
48 minutes ago, iloveit said:

Why do their lockers have state their home state?  That's so odd.  I assume it's a mode to show off that they get women from all over the country but it's still weird IMO.

*dead*  LMFAO

Part in bold.  Pretty sure that's it.

9 hours ago, Tuxcat said:

I don't have a problem with nepotism at all. What I don't like- is when they outright deny that it occurs.

I believe K&J has mentioned before that legacies have an inside track but would not give them a uniform they were not ready and we can see Dayton is a perfect example of that. Her mom is a choreographer.  VK is 19 and had some growing up to do .... I am rooting for her to have a great season 🙂

• Love 6
13 hours ago, ByTor said:

@kariyaki said it's easy to find out from a Google search, so I did one.  Lots of results that all say the same thing

giphy.gif

I've been giving this some thought / trying to remember, didn't Charlotte explain to the girls what the Star meant when she was giving them their first tour of the newly opened "The Star" facility? And then they all had to touch the Star? I was thinking that's what she intended when she asked the question. Either way, it's akin to knowing/understanding your company's mission statement and it would be a good canned response for the girls to commit to memory 🙂

• Love 4
13 hours ago, Blue hues said:

And of course VK found the camera when exiting the field!  With her I guess cameras supersede audience!

To be fair, it’s fans that are watching what those cameras are filming.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, iloveit said:

*dead*  LMFAO

Maybe it's also to show that they are America's Sweethearts, literally from all over the USA, not just Texas's Sweethearts. I get that the Cowboys are "America's team" and that's why the girls are called America's Sweethearts, but idk just a thought!

• Love 3
18 hours ago, ByTor said:

@kariyaki said it's easy to find out from a Google search, so I did one.  Lots of results that all say the same thing

giphy.gif

It’s kinda generic? And since they don’t have only one star in their uniforms, how would that be a representation of the lone star state? Not saying that she shouldn’t be able to bullshit her way out of this question, but when we applaud VK for answering a random question with something supposedly funny, i don’t want to condemn someone who is normally well spoken for not answering a question they haven’t given a ‘correct’ answer on.

17 hours ago, Blue hues said:

And of course VK found the camera when exiting the field!  With her I guess cameras supersede audience!

...she flipped her hair once she spotted the camera and then decided it’s a good idea to flash her ginormous teeth on the jumbotron. I’m sorry but no other girl engaged the camera like that and if we’re going to call out Gina for adding hairflips on her way out, we should call her out too.

16 hours ago, RockYou said:

Awwwwee looky looky everyone!!

Vic has now proclaimed Cassie’s little one as another Legacy!!

Isn’t it cute how Vic can predict the future?

Mind blown. 

NEPOTISM at its finest.

It will never end

0C468B45-6E71-44A5-8B77-86B889C3662D.jpeg

I suppose fuck you Madeline, we know you’re not going to make it because your mom isn’t Kelli’s bff or Judy’s relative?

15 hours ago, DCCFanInKy said:

Based on this photo it doesn't look like Victoria got much of a makeover.  Does anyone else see that?

Why would she? She was born the perfect dcc!

14 hours ago, Taralightner said:

The nepotism topic. Here’s the thing. The entire organization is built on nepotism. Most of the executive staff are direct family members of Jerry Jones. If we expect the DCC (run by Jerry’s daughter) to institute a no nepotism policy, we are asking the Cowboy’s organization to dismantle their entire executive team. I’m not defending it- I think it leads to bad hiring practices, reduced talent in some cases, and disgruntled teams/ employees. But, I am saying that this is a practice handed down from the top of the organization. They aren’t going to change it unless the Jones’ sell the team. 

Nah, i don’t mind the top dogs being family members as much. It’s his investment, he wants to keep it in the family and if they screw up, they will lose money. It’s not the same with trying like hell to convince everyone that vk is the perfect dcc. Now the day Charlotte makes Hayley the new dcc director i’ll agree that they rub the nepotism in our faces.

Edited by dreamcatcher
  • Love 9
4 hours ago, tinabee1967 said:

I never thought Trisha was pretty. She looks good in photos. Crystal sometimes looked like she had crossed eyes. 

The Trevino sisters bothered me so much....Trisha was so photogenic, but not the best in person....I felt like she was catfishing everyone. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 3

Also, I saw someone say they will never like Briana which is all good and your opinion. What did she do though or is this a personal choice....

Also, watching Bridget she doesnt have it yet to be a point...give her 2 more years.....

I mean it would be crazy if she became a point when Gina, Lexie, Caroline, Hannah, and Ashlee are there. If you look at the formation and Gina, Maddie, and Caroline stay they will be the triangle.

Edited by Dal8las
  • Love 4
13 hours ago, PrincessLeia said:

I seriously can’t believe they are making a girl sit out each game. That completely sucks. They didn’t rotate girls out when they had 39 on the squad.... if money is the real issue I’m dead. For what Charlotte spends on one Lanvin pantsuit more than covers the 37th girl or an All Star for the season. I have to be either missing something or I’m completely misunderstanding the reasoning behind this. 

Shelly said when the squad was announced that we’ll see why they took 37 and we haven’t yet.. so I don’t think you’re misunderstanding anything yet when nothing has been said. 

• Love 4
14 hours ago, PrincessLeia said:

I seriously can’t believe they are making a girl sit out each game. That completely sucks. They didn’t rotate girls out when they had 39 on the squad.... if money is the real issue I’m dead. For what Charlotte spends on one Lanvin pantsuit more than covers the 37th girl or an All Star for the season. I have to be either missing something or I’m completely misunderstanding the reasoning behind this. 

2 minutes ago, Cowboysfan16 said:

Shelly said when the squad was announced that we’ll see why they took 37 and we haven’t yet.. so I don’t think you’re misunderstanding anything yet when nothing has been said. 

I'm really leaning towards someone (more than likely a vet) being injured.  I seem to remember in a past season (or more) them taking an odd # of people.

• Love 2

Just saw something on youtube that gave me a whole new respect for Victoria

This video is edited - meaning, she probably had multiple attempts to get the right effect.

I think VK has been getting by - she's a blender. 

This video though, didn't show anything new.

Her leaps aren't very high and look at how she goes into her turns - tilted.

She had core issues back then too - hence, the falling out and the hops. 

I questioned what dance background Kelli has because she acts like VK is the second coming.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, dreamcatcher said:

I supposed fuck you Madeline, we know you’re not going to make it because your mom isn’t Kelli’s bff or Judy’s relative?

Or Dayton for that matter.  She should have just said future legacy cause there could be other "legacies" that make the squad between now and then.

21 minutes ago, DCCFanInKy said:

I'm really leaning towards someone (more than likely a vet) being injured.  I seem to remember in a past season (or more) them taking an odd # of people.

Like LaurenB said upthread, it's a money issue.  Cause we've seen all 37 girls practicing and performing at Friends and Family - I would hope that after what happened with Lauren last season, that they wouldn't take chances and make an injured girl perform.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Dal8las said:

Also, I saw someone say they will never like Briana which is all good and your opinion. What did she do though or is this a personal choice....

Also, watching Bridget she doesnt have it yet to be a point...give her 2 more years.....

I mean it would be crazy if she became a point when Gina, Lexie, Caroline, Hannah, and Ashlee are there. If you look at the formation and Gina, Maddie, and Caroline stay they will be the triangle.

Well she’s got a better position than Hannah and Ashlee, so why not? I would be happy with Ashlee, Hannah or Caroline at point, but I think Bridget is strong too. She always looks like she’s having the time of her life and she has experience as point of her squad so... but I do think that Caroline will get there before Bridget and Hannah won’t make it to the triangle for whatever stupid reason kelli comes up with.

39 minutes ago, DCCFanInKy said:

Current squad appearing at the kickoff luncheon (When I click on the video all it wants to do is buffer)

It was the group leaders 1st and seconds 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
12 minutes ago, dreamcatcher said:

but I think Bridget is strong too. 

Unpopular opinion or not, Bridget would be ready and fine as point next year.  She would have been fine this year too (as well as a few other 2nd years).  But I think it would have been hell for any 2nd year that may have been given point this year.  Too much drama from upper vets and I like most of the 2nd years too much to wish that kind of hell upon them.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, dreamcatcher said:

Well she’s got a better position than Hannah and Ashlee, so why not? I would be happy with Ashlee, Hannah or Caroline at point, but I think Bridget is strong too. She always looks like she’s having the time of her life and she has experience as point of her squad so... but I do think that Caroline will get there before Bridget and Hannah won’t make it to the triangle for whatever stupid reason kelli comes up with.

Im just looking at her position in the fourth line...where Caroline & Gina are in the third. Ashlee is in the same line as Bridget I think. Anyways I like Bridget, but Im saying this year I don't see her being good for point this season like some are saying. Give her another 2 years if she stays. Kelli said something last ep about Bridget "better then last year"...so I don't know how to take that in terms of what she upgraded Dance, Pop, Showmanship? I personally think Bridget can add more pop based off vids I have seen...she is just smiling in some videos and people are loving it, but she isn't doing anything more hype than Heather/Alexis (imo)...and those too bore me to death. 

We all know how unprepared Kashara looked when she was thrusted into point her third year...she was being out danced by everyone in the diamond. She did upgrade though her 4th year, but she was dancing next to Maddie so anything looks more entertaining then Little Debbie...no shade.

I think I am being fair...I like all the girls this season non irk me like last couple of seasons..this is just coming from someone without rose colored lenses.

source.gif

Edited by Dal8las
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, Christineelgene said:

Regarding 37 ladies on the squad.  They took 37 in 2016, which turned out to be a good idea because Alexandra left before the season started.  However, I doubt they knew that, so there must have been some other motive.

They’ve taken more than 36 several times since the show has aired- someone posted earlier on this thread a chart with the season number and number of cheerleaders that were chosen. The difference this year is that only 36 are getting paid on game day. So the odd girl out has to be available, but she doesn’t get paid for the game. I find this absurd. I mean, they are paying 37 for practice time, but can’t swing an extra $150 for the game as well? Since there are 10 home games (8 regular and 2 preseason), we are talking $1500 for the season.  That’s less than one teeth whitening treatment for Veruca. I say they leave her teeth alone and pay the cheerleader her game day paycheck. 

**** please note, the teeth whitening thing is a joke; no need to do a deep dive on who pays to maintain the great white way.*****

• LOL 4
  • Love 3

Where did the theory come from that they are only going to pay 36 girls at time? Its hella shady, I would hate to have to be the one to sit out a game because you didn't want to pay me.

Whats the point of being on the team?  To not get paid, because the coaches decided to keep one extra girl. That should be on the coaches to find a way to get all 37 girls paid. It's ridiculous since they could honestly cut this squad down to 34....exhausting to say the least..

Also unless Rachel A. is injured I would never sit her out...the girls that should rotate out each game should be Kat, Lily, and Christina.  

Edited by Dal8las
  • Love 7

Veruca's gummy smile upthread is so distracting.  K/J didn't take past TCCs for too gummy of smiles.  K even made fun of one TCC one season during cameos.  Ugh, this blatant nepotism makes me sick.  I haven't watched this season and won't be as long as Veruca is on the squad/Cowboys payroll. Ugh

• Love 12
3 hours ago, dreamcatcher said:

It’s kinda generic? And since they don’t have only one star in their uniforms, how would that be a representation of the lone star state?

That's the correct answer to the question, though.  Nobody said it had to make sense 🙂 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
7 minutes ago, rl27rl said:

Veruca's gummy smile upthread is so distracting.  K/J didn't take past TCCs for too gummy of smiles.  K even made fun of one TCC one season during cameos.  Ugh, this blatant nepotism makes me sick.  I haven't watched this season and won't be as long as Veruca is on the squad/Cowboys payroll. Ugh

Victoria's smile is way better than the season 7 chick.  She is what K&J and Charlotte want for in a DCC look. Tall blonde and a long leg to show off the boots.  I am still rooting for her to have a good season.  The alternative is they all look bad .... who wants that just to say I told you so .... I wish all the rookies a good season 🙂

• Love 4

Question, there has only been 3 legacy that actually made the squad right, Meredith Oden, Cassie and Victoria. So whose the other 2 that VKis talking about? 

If shes talking about the ones who tried out then it’s adding Dayton, that girl who tried out a few years ago (forgot her name, but her mom cheered in 1985 called Natasha something), that girl who tried out the same year the first time Dayton tried out and then the othe legacy that tried out this year, which means there was 7 legacy that we know (since the show started, unless I’m wrong) that tried out but only 3 got onto the squad.

54 minutes ago, Dal8las said:

Where did the theory come from that they are only going to pay 36 girls at time? Its hella shady, I would hate to have to be the one to sit out a game because you didn't want to pay me.

Whats the point of being on the team?  To not get paid, because the coaches decided to keep one extra girl. That should be on the coaches to find a way to get all 37 girls paid. It's ridiculous since they could honestly cut this squad down to 34....exhausting to say the least..

Also unless Rachel A. is injured I would never sit her out...the girls that should rotate out each game should be Kat, Lily, and Christina.  

It was confirmed that Charlotte said that only 36 will get paid by Shelly earlier in the thread- I’m pretty sure I saw it as I just finished reading all 278 pages. 

ETA: I could be wrong- anyone else? I know there is a lot of conversation about only paying 36 and I know it was attributed to what Charlotte had said. 

Edited by Taralightner
  • Useful 1
15 minutes ago, lah715 said:

Victoria's smile is way better than the season 7 chick.  She is what K&J and Charlotte want for in a DCC look. Tall blonde and a long leg to show off the boots.  I am still rooting for her to have a good season.  The alternative is they all look bad .... who wants that just to say I told you so .... I wish all the rookies a good season 🙂

image.png.456d4b6bcad0836df2370601cfbbaabb.png

• LOL 8
  • Love 2
17 minutes ago, CrazyEve said:

Question, there has only been 3 legacy that actually made the squad right, Meredith Oden, Cassie and Victoria. So whose the other 2 that VKis talking about? 

If shes talking about the ones who tried out then it’s adding Dayton, that girl who tried out a few years ago (forgot her name, but her mom cheered in 1985 called Natasha something), that girl who tried out the same year the first time Dayton tried out and then the othe legacy that tried out this year, which means there was 7 legacy that we know (since the show started, unless I’m wrong) that tried out but only 3 got onto the squad.

1. Meredith Oden (Kim?) (2007- 10)
  2. Cassie Trammel (Judy) (2009-12)
  3. Victoria Kalina (Tina) (2019)
  4. Dayton Bramhall (Shelly) (Didn't make final team)
  5. Madeline Salter (Don't know her Mom's name for sure and not sure if that's her last name but it sounds familiar)(Didn't make final team)
  6. ?
  7. ?
Edited by DCCFanInKy
Added something.

Okay just one topic from MTT Season 10, the fact that Stephanie Haymen made the team is crazy. Obvs it was a favor to Brooke but seriously she was bordering on chunky the day they took the squad photo. Its so infuriating that it really seems about who you know rather than what you can do. Its infuriating, sigh...

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
18 minutes ago, CrazyEve said:

Amber Gosdin was the first legacy. 1995-1996; 2003-2004. Her mom was Billie Gosdin who cheered in 1979

• Useful 1
9 minutes ago, DCCFanInKy said:
  1. Meredith Oden (Kim?)
  2. Cassie Trammel (Judy)
  3. Victoria Kalina (Tina)
  5. Madeline Salter (Don't know her Mom's name for sure and not sure if that's her last name but it sounds familiar)(Didn't make final team)
  6. ?
  7. ?

I am going to have to go back and search for the lady (Natasha?) from Florida whose mother was a DCC.  She went on to do porn, I remember that.

• LOL 1
Just now, Christineelgene said:

I am going to have to go back and search for the lady (Natasha?) from Florida whose mother was a DCC.  She went on to do porn, I remember that.

Did I at least get all the Mom's names right I mentioned?

Just now, Christineelgene said:

I also remember her having really bad teeth ... sorry that sounds mean :-(

• Love 2
22 minutes ago, DCCFanInKy said:
  1. Meredith Oden (Kim?) (2007- 10)
  2. Cassie Trammel (Judy) (2009-12)
  3. Victoria Kalina (Tina) (2019)
  6. ?
  7. ?
  1. Meredith Oden (Kim) DCC: 2007- 10
  2. Cassie Trammel (Judy) DCC: 2009-12
  3. Victoria Kalina (Tina) DCC: 2019
  4. Dayton Bramhall (Shelly) TCC: 2018
  5. Madeline Salter (Shannon) TCC: 2019
Edited by Pau84
21 minutes ago, TB12 said:

Okay just one topic from MTT Season 10, the fact that Stephanie Haymen made the team is crazy. Obvs it was a favor to Brooke but seriously she was bordering on chunky the day they took the squad photo. Its so infuriating that it really seems about who you know rather than what you can do. Its infuriating, sigh...

Couldn't agree more!  That was the year that they kept Stephanie and cut Liz Rueter.  I always liked Liz and wished she had made the team.

• Love 4
Just now, Pau84 said:
  1. Meredith Oden (Kim) DCC: 2007- 10
  2. Cassie Trammel (Judy) DCC: 2009-12
  3. Victoria Kalina (Tina) DCC: 2019
  4. Dayton Bramhall (Shelly) TCC: 2018
  5. Madeline Salter (Shannon) TCC:2019

Thank you @Pau84!

Just now, rl27rl said:

Couldn't agree more!  That was the year that they kept Stephanie and cut Liz Rueter.  I always liked Liz and wished she had made the team.

Wasn't she kind of "chunky" (and I'm not trying to snark on her)?

• Love 2
1 hour ago, go4luca said:

Unpopular opinion or not, Bridget would be ready and fine as point next year.  She would have been fine this year too (as well as a few other 2nd years).  But I think it would have been hell for any 2nd year that may have been given point this year.  Too much drama from upper vets and I like most of the 2nd years too much to wish that kind of hell upon them.

Which is funny considering that there are only 4 upper vets and the 3rd years are behind several 2nd years anyway. I can see some 3rd years being mean, but none of the 4 ‘senior’. 

1 hour ago, Dal8las said:

Im just looking at her position in the fourth line...where Caroline & Gina are in the third. Ashlee is in the same line as Bridget I think. Anyways I like Bridget, but Im saying this year I don't see her being good for point this season like some are saying. Give her another 2 years if she stays. Kelli said something last ep about Bridget "better then last year"...so I don't know how to take that in terms of what she upgraded Dance, Pop, Showmanship? I personally think Bridget can add more pop based off vids I have seen...she is just smiling in some videos and people are loving it, but she isn't doing anything more hype than Heather/Alexis (imo)...and those too bore me to death. 

You’re right. She is in the third row when Amy is point and then gets behind Gina. Still good though. Personally, i would love it if all rockstar 2nd years get to be point. Give it to Caroline next year, next Rachel (they love her), then Amber, then Hannah, Alanna, Bridget, Ashlee... Keep ms.horsemouth away from point-if these girls retire, we will have to deal with VK at point for at least two seasons.

40 minutes ago, ByTor said:

That's the correct answer to the question, though.  Nobody said it had to make sense 🙂 

Well most of the things they say don’t make sense to me so that sounds about right! I wonder if they get these answers though or if they expect the poor girls to be able to answer all these stupid questions perfectly on their own.

34 minutes ago, lah715 said:

Nah, we can agree to disagree. Yes they like tall blondes, but her smile ain’t better than the other poor girl’s. Plus, mama Kalina was the one who brought it up and I think it’s so ironic considering her own daughter has the same problem.

• LOL 3
  • Love 7
1 minute ago, DCCFanInKy said:

Natasha McCarley ? We REALLY need to move this to small talk before we get in trouble.

Yep her, I remember that picture from one of the seasons when her daughter tried out and the show posted a pic of her mom think it was season 7 or 8 that this was sorry this was my fault I didn’t know who VK was on about with her legacy comments and that it didn’t add up.

Dayton’s 1st yea of tryout someone else tried out and Shelly said who it was, but I can’t remmeber who now.

Back on topic, the videos aren’t great with the mess ups i think my head is spinning with so much change in the triangle during thunder I mean Amy and Maddie could’ve switched places with the points but I’m no trained dancer but I guess that’s a massive transition.

4 minutes ago, DCCFanInKy said:

Thank you @Pau84!

Wasn't she kind of "chunky" (and I'm not trying to snark on her)?

Yes, Liz was chunky too but a much better dancer than Stephanie and yes, i was mad at how that played out too...

• Love 4
On 8/27/2019 at 1:34 PM, Teriyaki Terror said:

I love Christina. Is she the strongest? Maybe not, but I love her dedication. It's hard to repeatedly try for something after failing multiples times. And once she finally made it, she stuck with it. Not like the quitters of Kalyssa, Alexandria, Milan, ect.   

Agree. I like Christina too. She has that cute sporty look- totally different look from others on the team. I admire her perseverance as well. 

• Love 9
5 minutes ago, YellowRose said:

Agree. I like Christina too. She has that cute sporty look- totally different look from others on the team. I admire her perseverance as well. 

I like Christina too but could what I bolded above been what keeps her around? Hmmmm....