Type keyword(s) to search

2019 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp Spoilers

Drogo
  • Start Topic

42 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

If I remember her post correctly, I thought Shelly said that there was only one person who opted out of being featured on the show.

Nice to know they can opt out of being featured should they choose to do so. 🙂

5 hours ago, elledance87 said:

Long time lurker on here but made an account to answer this question.

My high school dance team did pop splits. We did them on grass and in a gym setting for competition both hooked up like DCC and on our own depending on chorography.

They are not hard and not hard to learn if you have dance training.

Issues can arise for a couple of reason when you learn them:

In your head: If you think you can’t do it, you will not be able to do it. Same goes for being overdramatic

Pressure when learning: We always took new girls aside and taught it one by one to make it a calmer environment. If you try to impress people when you learn it and jump with too much force that can get you hurt

Thinking you are truly landing in a spilt: You kind of catch yourself before you hit your girly bits on the ground. (This can happen if you are super flexible). Usually you are sliding down the last foot or so.

Not having a spilt.: If you can’t do a spilt on the ground you can’t do a jump split safely.

Counting and not trusting the person next to you: Super dangerous if you are hooked up and one person goes down but not the other.

Not having grace: Really helps to have ballet background. You really should focus on the up jump and not the downward motion. This way you are more floating then crashing to the ground. This is the reason this move is now banned at my high school because a girl with little dance background that still somehow made the team tried it and tore her hamstring.  

I agree with this. My high school drill team did jump spilts.  For me, the idea of doing it was terrifying, but once I swallowed my fear and did it, it was fine, the same as the first time doing a back handspring or an aerial.  Everyone on our drill team had a dance background including ballet usually starting between the ages of 3 and 5, and our coach worked with us one on one to ensure that we were using proper technique and form before we ever hooked up in a line to try to lessen the possibility of injury. 

I really hope that the DCC girls are getting more instruction than what we see on the show with regard to jump splits and field work in general, especially since it seems that a lot of these girls have never danced on a football field before.  

It has always seemed to me that spending a couple of hours on marching fundamentals and learning their field placement before adding in the dance steps would save poor Judy’s vocal cords from yelling “LINES!!!” constantly. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, DCCFanInKy said:

Who is that in front of the middle security guard?

If that really is Taylor, She is really hanging out of the back of her shorts!  Is that how short they’re supposed to be?  Or does she have them pulled up way high!  Forget the shorts looking like diapers, these shorts look more like French cut briefs!  Yikes,

• Love 1
4 hours ago, DCCFanInKy said:

Sorry to post this again but what's this called? This is the first time I've seen them do this routine.

Its called not "laying down the law" is what it is.. Cassie hurry and show these girls how to be 3 seconds off properly please. Thanks

3 hours ago, Holly85 said:

Honestly y’all I’m bored with group 1 

Poor Amy Bo Peep and her lost sheep.

tenor.gif?itemid=5020641

• Useful 1
  • LOL 9
1 minute ago, Dal8las said:

Its called not "laying down the law" is what it is.. Cassie hurry and show these girls how to be 3 seconds off properly please. Thanks

Poor Amy Bo Peep and her lost sheep.

tenor.gif?itemid=5020641

Was you there tonight 

4 hours ago, DCCFanInKy said:

Sorry to post this again but what's this called? This is the first time I've seen them do this routine.

"Hear me Now," and the song's by 3OH3! This routine was choreographed by Michelle Keys (cheered 2008-11) two years ago.

Well, what do you know.... Holly P. would've been a fifth year vet, alongside Amy. (Only saying that because this must have been one of her last performances as a DCC before she resigned).

• Love 3
9 hours ago, Holly85 said:

A74330EB-6A99-42EC-98F8-02D4E2482C8C.jpeg

Tall Girl Squad slaying

8 hours ago, Holly85 said:

Was you there tonight 

I missed tonight do to work sadly. I was so pissed, I was showered and ready to go too....

Edited by Dal8las
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, Dal8las said:

Tall Girl Squad slaying in perfect triangle formation 

RT1.gif

I missed tonight do to work sadly. I was so pissed, I was showered and ready to go too....

Oh man it was a lot of fun people were still coming in after halftime they had a good turn out for a preseason game 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, scorpio1031 said:

Jacie taking her turn back in the day.

My favorite of this last generation, miss her so much! 

1 hour ago, DCCFanInKy said:

Who is that in front of the middle security guard?

Taylor P

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

Oh man it was a lot of fun people were still coming in after halftime they had a good turn out for a preseason game 

Im jealous, but I should be there for Sunday's season opener against the gross ass Giants! I missed my concession stand food hahaha

• Love 1
Just now, Dal8las said:

Im jealous, but I should be there for Sunday's season opener against the gross ass Giants! I missed my concession stand food hahaha

Omg it’s the best my husband got one of the pop belly burgers that looked so amazing 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, scorpio1031 said:

I know!!  Wouldn’t that prove getting on the squad was your first priority?

Don't know that I'd say that. I think the girls want to be onboard with whatever DCC throws at them. They know the show is being made. The girls may choose "yes" because they want to be seen as team players, down for anything the organization is involved with. Maybe some think opting out could be viewed as not being on board with all that DCC offers. Who knows! lol 

• Love 1
10 hours ago, ByTor said:

That's how I feel about Bridget *small voice*

@ByTorRUUUUUUUNNNNN!!! 😂

5 hours ago, Bellisima08 said:

I don't know about anyone else but my eyes go right to Kelcey in this photo!

THANK YOU!!!

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, Jazzmom said:

Not sure who is the blonde in back row, right of heather when looking at vid, but 5 sec in falls out of step, and 16 sec in, has hair flip in opposite direction of the rest of the cheerleaders. 

Formation: 

Heather 

Alexis      Amber

Bridget                    Christina 

Briana                                     Jalyn 

Kristin      Taylor P

Taylor P looks lost.

Amber messed up the formation at 23 seconds.

Jalyn looks weak. 

Also, do we  know who switches with Kat yet?

Edited by loveanddcc
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, KatebytheSea said:

Question: I know Victoria K is a DCC legacy. What is the name of the other legacy that is auditioning this year? I forgot.

Just an observation: I looking at the 2015 Rookie Group, Amy Leonall was not the one I would have pegged for a 5th year DCC. I would have thought Holly (before the fallout), Robin, maybe Stephanie. Guess I just didn't think it would be Amy. People surprise you!  😊

Honestly, I don’t think she would’ve stayed if more girls from her rookie class had stayed too. Or even if she did, she would’ve been hidden away.

8 hours ago, TB12 said:

I do not think Amanda is  very pretty is she blonde with a greatcfigure yes but I think she’s kind of weird looking in her eyes. Not trying to be mean but everyone raves about her look. Also I don’t think this is Meredith's best angle she looks old and harsh & as my mama would say it must be nice to be perfect, I am not, but I’m also not a DCC & will see myself out now.... 🙂 

D73FDF43-DA94-4E14-ABCA-58ADB12B50B5.jpeg

Kelcey looks so much like Amber!

2 hours ago, CowboysFanatic said:

"Hear me Now," and the song's by 3OH3! This routine was choreographed by Michelle Keys (cheered 2008-11) two years ago.

Well, what do you know.... Holly P. would've been a fifth year vet, alongside Amy. (Only saying that because this must have been one of her last performances as a DCC before she resigned).

Hope this wasn’t Michelle’s original choreo... who the hell thinks having these girls kneel on the turf would look good in the middle of the choreo?

• Love 1
10 hours ago, TB12 said:

I do not think Amanda is  very pretty is she blonde with a greatcfigure yes but I think she’s kind of weird looking in her eyes. Not trying to be mean but everyone raves about her look. Also I don’t think this is Meredith's best angle she looks old and harsh & as my mama would say it must be nice to be perfect, I am not, but I’m also not a DCC & will see myself out now.... 🙂 

D73FDF43-DA94-4E14-ABCA-58ADB12B50B5.jpeg

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and is very subjective. However, it is possible to add objectivity into something like beauty, and this can be done by referencing a representative group and just asking questions. Will this change someone else's mind about how beautiful someone is? No, but it will give someone a perspective on how ones own subjectiveness scales on an objective perspective.

I am 100% convinced that the responses on the question whether Amanda Dilks is very pretty, will consist of more yes's than no's. For sure. I will go even further to say that Amanda will get more than 80% yes's!

I wonder what the responses will be like when the respondents are all men. 99%? 😂  

With these three, Meredith Madden, Amanda Dilks and Kelcey Wetterberg, I think an extra column is warranted! A 'very very pretty' column! They can hold their own against all the great DCC's of the past, of the likes of Abigail Klein, Nicole Bulcher (the gold standard if you ask me!) Lauren Williams, Natalie Woods or Ashton Torres. No doubt!

I cannot say this about all current DCC's unfortunately!

Being a wonderful person or a boss woman doesn't change this!  

Edited by Pau84
  • Love 4
17 minutes ago, Pau84 said:

I wonder what the responses will be like when the respondents are all men. 99%? 😂   

Well, I'm not "all men," but I'll say yes 😂

• Love 1
9 hours ago, DCCFanInKy said:

Someone pls remind me again who are the oldest ladies this year? The youngest?

Boy Maddie's hair has really gotten long this year! 

Haven't rewatched the video.  Is the one you're talking about messing up a blonde?

They are talking about Alanna

9 hours ago, DCCFanInKy said:

Hmmm I'm looking at the FAQ on the DCC's website and It says "Finalists have a brief meeting with DCC Alumnae Brooke Wicker Alexander to schedule their personal interview appointment and to discuss Final Audition Components: Solo Talent Presentation, Panel Interview and Test."  Who is that and wonder why not Kelli?? (note it said the same thing for Finals).

Not watching (not entirely sure it's even being shown where I live - I'm more in Indy Colts territory).  Maybe she became overheated/sick during the game?

I believe they are allowed to take brief breaks for water/gatorade during the game to stay hydrated.  I would certainly think they'd need to given the length of the games and as much time they are required to dance. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

The girls rotate to the sidelines for water breaks and can sit down for a few minutes. Back in the day at Texas Stadium, if it was hot they’d have cool towels and if it was freezing, I remember seeing some with what I’m assuming were warm towels covering their legs. 

• Love 1
7 hours ago, loveanddcc said:

Formation: 

Heather 

Alexis      Amber

Bridget                    Christina 

Briana                                     Jalyn 

Kristin      Taylor P

Taylor P looks lost.

Jalyn looks weak. 

Also, do we  know who switches with Kat yet?

WHY is Amber in that spot and not Briana??? 😞 

• Love 2
8 hours ago, CowboysFanatic said:

THIS is how that choreo should look. They look great, energized, having fun with perfect formations.

11 minutes ago, ByTor said:

WHY is Amber in that spot and not Briana??? 😞 

Unfortunately, Briana is where she should be. She screwed up a lot and looks weak. And I like her. 

• Love 4
18 minutes ago, DCCFanInKy said:

What's the significance of being "Game Day Girl"? Do they get any special privileges or perks?

A picture in the Game Day Magazine and a Shout Out during the game. Back in the day they got a whole quarter change dance  just of them, then they had a special compilation of them posted on social media, this season idk yet. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
10 minutes ago, cgloss said:

Unfortunately, Briana is where she should be. She screwed up a lot and looks weak. And I like her. 

With how much Amber's been screwing up, I think Briana should be given a shot to be up closer, but of course I may be a tad biased 🙂 

• Love 3
Just now, ByTor said:

With how much Amber's been screwing up, I think Briana should be given a shot to be up closer, but of course I may be a tad biased 🙂 

Agreed Amber is a no for me

• Love 3
10 hours ago, DCCFanInKy said:

is it me or does Bridget need a bigger top??

LOL those flotation devices always look like they're mere centimeters from making an full-on appearance.

• LOL 9
11 hours ago, DCCFanInKy said:

Someone pls remind me again who are the oldest ladies this year? The youngest?

Boy Maddie's hair has really gotten long this year! 

Haven't rewatched the video.  Is the one you're talking about messing up a blonde?

Being that the tall blonde in the far right corner stepped out of the double, I have an educated guess who that is.  

Edit:  truthfully, it might be Erin not VK.

Edited by ClosetDCCFan
  • LOL 1
8 hours ago, loveanddcc said:

Amber seems to mess up a lot

45 minutes ago, ByTor said:

LOL those flotation devices always look like they're mere centimeters from making an full-on appearance.

Wish I had that problem 😂

58 minutes ago, ByTor said:

Yesssss Team Bri!

• Love 4

Seems to me that the order of who stands in those mini triangles is group leader -> 2nd group leader -> show group members -> then the rest is non show group members based on seniority 3 yr to 2 yr to rookies. Everyone in that triangle is where they should be. (Personally, I would switch Alexis and Bridget).

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

Im guessing they are going to sit a rookie for each game...I know they sat Rachel A, however I think they wanted to give the rookies one game to all dance together or whatever. 

It's either that or they are being scored and lowest scored has to sit..which wouldn't make sense since Rachel A sat.

If the rookie theory is correct that means one rookie gets to dance all the games. I wonder who that would be?

20190830_093417.jpg

Edited by Dal8las
  • Love 1
9 minutes ago, ByTor said:

Alexis is the 2nd GL, so that's her spot.  I think Bridget is fine where she is.

Yeah I know. I was saying everyone is technically where they should be, but if I were making the triangle, Bridget would be on the second row because she’s clearly a better dancer. I’d also move Jalyn up!

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
10 minutes ago, Dal8las said:

Im guessing they are going to sit a rookie for each game...I know they sat Rachel A last, however I think they wanted to give the rookies one game to all dance together or whatever. 

It's either that or they are being scored and lowest scored has to sit..which wouldn't make sense since Rachel A sat.

If the rookie theory is correct that means one rookie gets to dance all the games. I wonder who that would be?

20190830_093417.jpg

Someone said on here it’s two specific ladies that will rotate games 

• Love 1