Type keyword(s) to search

2019 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp Spoilers

Drogo
  • Start Topic

52 minutes ago, Taralightner said:

It was confirmed that Charlotte said that only 36 will get paid by Shelly earlier in the thread- I’m pretty sure I saw it as I just finished reading all 278 pages. 

ETA: I could be wrong- anyone else? I know there is a lot of conversation about only paying 36 and I know it was attributed to what Charlotte had said. 

That is so sad. Kelli and Judy should take pay cuts hahah

• Love 2
1 hour ago, CrazyEve said:

Question, there has only been 3 legacy that actually made the squad right, Meredith Oden, Cassie and Victoria. So whose the other 2 that VKis talking about? 

If shes talking about the ones who tried out then it’s adding Dayton, that girl who tried out a few years ago (forgot her name, but her mom cheered in 1985 called Natasha something), that girl who tried out the same year the first time Dayton tried out and then the othe legacy that tried out this year, which means there was 7 legacy that we know (since the show started, unless I’m wrong) that tried out but only 3 got onto the squad.

The 5th is talking about Cassie's daughter ...I don't know who the 4th would be must have been a girl on an older squad or they are speaking on Dayton...which would be weird since she didnt make it....

Edited by Dal8las
  • Love 1

Has anyone mentioned the performance by the all stars yesterday? Tasha looks big. 😬 Don't get me wrong--I don't blame her whatsoever! After so much scrutiny about your appearance and maintaining weight while you're on the team, I would totally indulge and enjoy after leaving the team. But if you're going to be an all star are you supposed to still look good in your uniform?

p.s. sorry, I don't know how to embed videos from fb/twitter

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Dal8las said:

The 5th is talking about Cassie's daughter ...I don't know who the 4th would be must have been a girl on a older squad or they are speaking on Dayton...which would be weird since she didnt make it....

Amber Gosdin was the first legacy. 1995-1996; 2003-2004. Her mom was Billie Gosdin who cheered in 1979

• Useful 4
19 minutes ago, AEJ79 said:

Amber Gosdin was the first legacy. 1995-1996; 2003-2004. Her mom was Billie Gosdin who cheered in 1979

Thank you, never knew so it's

Amber Gosdin a reference 

Dallas_Cowboys_Amber_Gosdin_1995_Y1.jpg.9e6dbbe5dc988a98f1d04d49e311eb03.jpg first year 95-96

bio_amber_gosdin2004.jpg.4957f38c92e809c9b5fedce1bfad25bb.jpg Second year 2003-2004

Her Mom Billie

12-Billie-Gosdin-Hottest-Dallas-Cowboys-Cheerleaders-3.png.325f9c07d7088de98d90c09c4a8543f8.png

Ive read about Billie..she only was there for a year, but popular non the less

Meredith

Cassie

VK

Mini Cassie

Edited by Dal8las
  • Love 3
23 minutes ago, DCCFanInKy said:

I like Christina too but could what I bolded above been what keeps her around? Hmmmm....

I don't think she's a blender, I can pick her apart from the rest of the blondes from past teams. I think her hair looked better curled though. I wonder why they had her wear it straight. 

I'm pretty sure when VK is talking legacies she means herself, Sam, Dayton, Cassie & now Lennon. They always take pics together even before they started trying out and we're young calling themselves the legacies. This is the mindset of VK - born into it, already a legacy even if I'm on the team or not! 

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, go4luca said:

Unpopular opinion or not, Bridget would be ready and fine as point next year.  She would have been fine this year too (as well as a few other 2nd years).  But I think it would have been hell for any 2nd year that may have been given point this year.  Too much drama from upper vets and I like most of the 2nd years too much to wish that kind of hell upon them.

Unpopular 

OMqDXY.gif

HAHAH jk but thats the beauty of it. I would love for Bridget to get point next year, but Maddie is def staying sadly .... Little Debbie....#Taraforpoint

Edited by Dal8las
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
35 minutes ago, Dal8las said:

Thank you, never knew so it's

Amber Gosdin a reference 

Dallas_Cowboys_Amber_Gosdin_1995_Y1.jpg.9e6dbbe5dc988a98f1d04d49e311eb03.jpg first year 95-96

bio_amber_gosdin2004.jpg.4957f38c92e809c9b5fedce1bfad25bb.jpg Second year 2003-2004

Her Mom Billie

12-Billie-Gosdin-Hottest-Dallas-Cowboys-Cheerleaders-3.png.325f9c07d7088de98d90c09c4a8543f8.png

Ive read about Billie I think she was like one of the greatest DCC they had or something like that super popular in her day.

Meredith

Cassie

VK

Mini Cassie

Wow, to take off several years and to make it back is amazing. I wonder why she took so many years off.

• Love 6
46 minutes ago, JayDKay said:

I'm pretty sure when VK is talking legacies she means herself, Sam, Dayton, Cassie & now Lennon. They always take pics together even before they started trying out and we're young calling themselves the legacies. This is the mindset of VK - born into it, already a legacy even if I'm on the team or not! 

I'm with Madeline S - not a legacy until you make the squad:)

1 hour ago, Dal8las said:

That is so sad. Kelli and Judy should take pay cuts hahah

So what happens when Kelli wants to retire and they bring in an assistant director to start training - what is the least amount of girls needed to do TS?  

Any more guesses on who is sitting out tomorrow night?  If they are continuing with 3rd years who aren't group leaders, I say either Christina, Savannah or Molly.  And the girl who rotates out, is she banned to the locker room or does she even have to be there?  Cause if she is sitting in the locker room, she might as well get paid.  Personally, I think the girl who rotates out should be sitting in the stands drinking beer and eating nachos and just enjoying herself.

• LOL 2
  • Love 9
15 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

So what happens when Kelli wants to retire and they bring in an assistant director to start training - what is the least amount of girls needed to do TS?  

Any more guesses on who is sitting out tomorrow night?  If they are continuing with 3rd years who aren't group leaders, I say either Christina, Savannah or Molly.  And the girl who rotates out, is she banned to the locker room or does she even have to be there?  Cause if she is sitting in the locker room, she might as well get paid.  Personally, I think the girl who rotates out should be sitting in the stands drinking beer and eating nachos and just enjoying herself.

Im guessing 36 is the best number and idk I just feel its dumb that they bring 37 knowing one isn't going to get paid for the game, but has to make every practice. 

I mean even athletes that stay on the bench get paid and they might never see the field...

I do wonder how they choose, Im guessing the GL are the only ones safe unless they get hurt or have a job situation where they can't make it. I think they probably help the coaches film/take notes of something when sitting out. 

Edited by Dal8las
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, PhillyFan said:

To be fair, it’s fans that are watching what those cameras are filming.

True.  But K&J are constantly reminding the girls that they are to avoid being distracted.  If she is looking for the camera, and then flipping her hair, or winking or whatever, then she is being distracted.

1 hour ago, dreamcatcher said:

Which is funny considering that there are only 4 upper vets and the 3rd years are behind several 2nd years anyway. I can see some 3rd years being mean, but none of the 4 ‘senior’. 

They knew KaShara was retiring.  They have had a year to start showing their best, which is what they should always be doing anyway.  And they saw what happened with KaShara becoming point over Lacey, so that should have been a reality check in itself to "bring it".  So if they took it for granted, then they shouldn't be mean.

• Love 5

There is no way in hell they can possibly make someone show up, sit out, and not get paid. They HAVE to be covering their asses more than that these days.  They have countless eyes on them and more than enough people ready to whistle blow that if true.

Edited by Lolfordays
  • Love 17

The whole “taking 37 but only having 36 on the field because of pay” doesn’t make sense. If the girls are still required to be there, even in the locker room, it’s a work event and legally they must be paid. Shelly said we’d find out the reason on the show, so it’s got to be big enough and DCC appropriate enough to reveal on CMT. I think someone, likely a senior vet, is pregnant or severely injured.

• Love 8
34 minutes ago, chrishunt said:

The whole “taking 37 but only having 36 on the field because of pay” doesn’t make sense. If the girls are still required to be there, even in the locker room, it’s a work event and legally they must be paid. Shelly said we’d find out the reason on the show, so it’s got to be big enough and DCC appropriate enough to reveal on CMT. I think someone, likely a senior vet, is pregnant or severely injured.

Another idea — someone is being paid via another budget line.

Like Cowboys Fit, for example.

37 minutes ago, chrishunt said:

But we have seen all of the senior vets do the jump split.

Listen, it can take forever to “pop”. You can be active, you can run. Exercise.

No one is responsibly jump splitting pregnant.

• Love 1

It's dumb if they make them stay in the locker room if they're not dancing and have to be there. At least let them watch the damn game! Being banished to a locker room for 3 hours? No thanks! Does the person only sit out during Thunderstruck, or can they dance on the sidelines during the game? And they sure as hell can afford to pay that person even if they're not doing TS. So miss me with that nonsense! Lol

• Love 4
2 hours ago, AEJ79 said:

I have a feeling legacies most likely will start to increase as years go on ...

actually I'm surprised there hasn't been a 3rd generation give the 1st squad (male & female ) was in 1960.  That was 59 years ago - plenty of time for 2 generations.

I wonder do they have a rule if your 3rd (or more) generation can you skip a 1st round of the audition... 

Edited by sATL
  • Love 1
On 8/27/2019 at 1:34 PM, Teriyaki Terror said:

I love Christina. Is she the strongest? Maybe not, but I love her dedication. It's hard to repeatedly try for something after failing multiples times. And once she finally made it, she stuck with it. Not like the quitters of Kalyssa, Alexandria, Milan, ect.   

Not seeing Milan as a “quitter” compared to the other two. I think Alexandria tried out just to see if she could make the team and got our of there at the first opportunity she got. 

Yes, Christina finally made it but her solo and interview this year were lame, lame, lame. She’s lucky they kept her after scoring that low compared to the others. 

Just my two cents. I know Christina has a lot of fans.

• Love 7
21 hours ago, RockYou said:

Awwwwee looky looky everyone!!

Vic has now proclaimed Cassie’s little one as another Legacy!!

Isn’t it cute how Vic can predict the future?

Mind blown. 

NEPOTISM at its finest.

It will never end

0C468B45-6E71-44A5-8B77-86B889C3662D.jpeg

Madeline's view of how you are not a legacy until you make the team is really so much more appealing then VK and others acting like being a legacy is their due & that a spot should be theirs automatically. It would be interesting if one day one of these kids not only rejected it, but went public & railed on the organization.

• Love 14
7 hours ago, Cowboysfan16 said:

Shelly said when the squad was announced that we’ll see why they took 37 and we haven’t yet.. so I don’t think you’re misunderstanding anything yet when nothing has been said. 

It’s been stated by multiple sources that they are rotating two girls due to budget constraints and injuries. They took 37 in case of injury and Charlotte won’t let them set the formation at 37 because she is too cheap to pay for the extra girl on game day. Just because Shelly hasn’t chimed in doesn’t mean what’s been stated isn’t accurate. By all means, if what’s been said is wrong, I’d love to hear all about it! Haven’t caught up yet today so maybe there’s new info!

7 hours ago, DCCFanInKy said:

I'm really leaning towards someone (more than likely a vet) being injured.  I seem to remember in a past season (or more) them taking an odd # of people.

They DID take an odd number but they ALL danced. It’s been reported they are rotating only two specific girls due to budget constraints put in place by Charlotte. That’s different. 

Edited by PrincessLeia
  • Love 6
29 minutes ago, PrincessLeia said:

It’s been stated by multiple sources that they are rotating two girls due to budget constraints and injuries. They took 37 in case of injury and Charlotte won’t let them set the formation at 37 because she is too cheap to pay for the extra girl on game day. Just because Shelly hasn’t chimed in doesn’t mean what’s been stated isn’t accurate. By all means, if what’s been said is wrong, I’d love to hear all about it! Haven’t caught up yet today so maybe there’s new info!

They DID take an odd number but they ALL danced. It’s been reported they are rotating only two specific girls due to budget constraints put in place by Charlotte. That’s different. 

It’s not any different then the nba they may pick a squad of 19-20 but only use 12 at a game so I don’t see what the big deal is 

Edited by Holly85

@ShellyB can you please help us conclude this argument by confirming if taking 37 but having 36 dance is an issue of budget constraints or for another reason? I know you’ve said taking 36 girls on the squad is an issue of budget constraints, but is taking 37 and having 36 dance just a matter of K&J not being able to cut a last girl?

• Love 3
2 hours ago, pinkandsparkly13 said:

It's dumb if they make them stay in the locker room if they're not dancing and have to be there. At least let them watch the damn game! Being banished to a locker room for 3 hours? No thanks! Does the person only sit out during Thunderstruck, or can they dance on the sidelines during the game? And they sure as hell can afford to pay that person even if they're not doing TS. So miss me with that nonsense! Lol

Hopefully @ShellyB can answer some of this if it doesn't come to light as MTT progresses

Just now, DCCFanInKy said:

Hopefully @ShellyB can answer some of this if it doesn't come to light as MTT progresses

I just thought of something.  Maybe she CAN'T say due to contracts with CMT

• Love 2
1 hour ago, PrincessLeia said:

I mean... sure. I never said that hers was the end all be all. But she confirmed right away that we would all see why. So I don’t think anyone should be getting flustered about the squad being at 37, not knowing exactly why and not the thought to be 36 when they’ve literally performed in a preseason game nonetheless. Personally, it’s frustrating when everyone has an opinion to throw out hoping their assumption sticks and a multitude take it as fact, then it continues to circulate like its true. It’s helpful to have Shelly, someone who actually “knows”. I’m sure it’s answered on the show... so I feel like it’s not affecting anyone’s life by not knowing exactly why at the moment. It’s 37, I feel like it really doesn’t matter and good for them! 🙂 

• Love 8
4 minutes ago, Cowboysfan16 said:

So I don’t think anyone should be getting flustered about the squad being at 37, not knowing exactly why

But....but.....we're good at getting flustered and not knowing why😂.  

• LOL 20
  • Love 4
3 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

And then we’re drawn to making sometimes crazy conclusions 😂 I honestly love seeing where something starts and pages later where it ends and everything in between. Like the “Gina quit” post omg 😂😂😂

• LOL 7
  • Love 2
8 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

It keeps life interesting.  I mean, really, what would life be like if we weren't flustered?  

Boring.

Edited by MTTFan
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, Cowboysfan16 said:

And then we’re drawn to making sometimes crazy conclusions 😂 I honestly love seeing where something starts and pages later where it ends and everything in between. Like the “Gina quit” post omg 😂😂😂

What's that game/exercise where someone whispers something then you continue it down the line and it comes out something entirely different? (and anymore of this discussion better get moved to small talk before we get in trouble 🙂 )

Edited by DCCFanInKy
Added something.
  • Love 1

What's that game/exercise where someone whispers something then you continue it down the line and it comes out something entirely different?

chinese whispers...lol

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

I think we should hire a Forum Correspondent that would be responsible for fact-checking and reporting everything that happens in the squad and training camp 😂.

Though, to be fair, we kind of do have that already with the forum insiders. I do love every singe one of you, insiders!

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
19 minutes ago, Cowboysfan16 said:

I mean... sure. I never said that hers was the end all be all. But she confirmed right away that we would all see why. So I don’t think anyone should be getting flustered about the squad being at 37, not knowing exactly why and not the thought to be 36 when they’ve literally performed in a preseason game nonetheless. Personally, it’s frustrating when everyone has an opinion to throw out hoping their assumption sticks and a multitude take it as fact, then it continues to circulate like its true. It’s helpful to have Shelly, someone who actually “knows”. I’m sure it’s answered on the show... so I feel like it’s not affecting anyone’s life by not knowing exactly why at the moment. It’s 37, I feel like it really doesn’t matter and good for them! 🙂 

I think we are talking about two different topics! I’m not upset or frustrated about the number. I’m actually not frustrated or upset at all. 😂😂😂😂😂😂 I’m talking about rotating the extra girl due to budget constraints and not just redoing the formation so they can all dance every game, like they’ve done previously. But maybe someone is injured and we just don’t know it, although Rachel sat out and no confirmation she’s injured. My info has come from a few sources, not just what’s been posted here. I love me some @ShellyB and meant no disrespect! 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Holly85 said:

It’s not any different then the nba they may pick a squad of 19-20 but only use 12 at a game so I don’t see what the big deal is 

My last comment on this topic. It’s a “big” deal because they’ve always adjusted the formation and they’re not this year allegedly due to budget which is cheap considering how much money they have. So one girl has to sit out which sucks given how hard she’s worked to get that uniform. This isn’t the NBA. It’s the Ivy League if cheerleading! 😂

And I say “big” because in real life this is nothing! 🤪

I seriously wasn’t trying to make a big deal.... was just trying to explain what I meant in my initial post, which was mostly posted in snarky disbelief and wasn’t meant to be taken too seriously! I mean, it could all be wrong anyway!

Edited by PrincessLeia
  • Love 6
4 minutes ago, PrincessLeia said:

I think we are talking about two different topics! I’m not upset or frustrated about the number. I’m actually not frustrated or upset at all. 😂😂😂😂😂😂 I’m talking about rotating the extra girl due to budget constraints and not just redoing the formation so they can all dance every game, like they’ve done previously. But maybe someone is injured and we just don’t know it, although Rachel sat out and no confirmation she’s injured. My info has come from a few sources, not just what’s been posted here. I love me some @ShellyB and meant no disrespect! 

Oh my.. so sorry about that. 😂😂 I read like 3 pages and totally didn’t mean to misinterpret what you were getting at. I agree and would like to know as well! Really hoping the budget thing isn’t actually true because why take an extra girl and not be able to properly allocate your resources?! I think it’s weird because Rachel was performing last week at the training camp performance at the Star. so I’m confused lol. However her being injured would be the only thing to make sense as she’s on SG and a 3rd year now.

2 minutes ago, PrincessLeia said:

My last comment on this topic. It’s a “big” deal because they’ve always adjusted the formation and they’re not this year allegedly due to budget which is cheap considering how much money they have. So one girl has to sit out which sucks given how hard she’s worked to get that uniform. This isn’t the NBA. It’s the Ivy League if cheerleading! 😂

And I say “big” because in real life this is nothing! 🤪

I seriously wasn’t trying to make a big deal.... was just trying to explain what I meant in my initial post, which was mostly posted in snarky disbelief and wasn’t meant to be taken too seriously! I mean, it could all be wrong anyway!

I was just trying to add on to what you already stated lol 

3 hours ago, sATL said:

I have a feeling legacies most likely will start to increase as years go on ...

actually I'm surprised there hasn't been a 3rd generation give the 1st squad (male & female ) was in 1960.  That was 59 years ago - plenty of time for 2 generations. 

I suspect that being a DCC back in its infancy wasn't touted as the "Ivy League of cheerleading."  As such, the cheerleaders didn't pass on the cult mentality to their daughters who spent their whole lives dreaming of nothing but being a DCC.

But yes, I predict a future where at least half of the squad is composed of legacies.

Edited by 123DCCWoooo
  • Love 2
39 minutes ago, Cowboysfan16 said:

Oh my.. so sorry about that. 😂😂 I read like 3 pages and totally didn’t mean to misinterpret what you were getting at. I agree and would like to know as well! Really hoping the budget thing isn’t actually true because why take an extra girl and not be able to properly allocate your resources?! I think it’s weird because Rachel was performing last week at the training camp performance at the Star. so I’m confused lol. However her being injured would be the only thing to make sense as she’s on SG and a 3rd year now.

Lol no worries. No apology necessary! The whole TC this summer has been so weird who even knows!!!! I probably came off way more passionate than I intended about this topic! 😂😂😂😂🤪🤪🤪🤪

• Love 1

If they are actually making someone show up and not get paid on game day just because they aren’t performing, they are going to eventually find themselves back in an Erica-type PR nightmare.

It is way different than the Mavs situation — they still got paid, and we’re still working doing suite visits and whatnot.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, PrincessLeia said:

I would think legally if she has to be at the game she has to be paid whether she performs or not. 

Adding that I could not find a post with confirmation, just speculation but I possibly missed it. 

Edited by KatieC
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, Lolfordays said:

If they are actually making someone show up and not get paid on game day just because they aren’t performing, they are going to eventually find themselves back in an Erica-type PR nightmare.

It is way different than the Mavs situation — they still got paid, and we’re still working doing suite visits and whatnot.

I heard tho from a podcast that Alexis did she said a lot of times they didn’t even have to come to the games if they weren’t dancing 

On 8/27/2019 at 5:45 PM, CrazyEve said:

what do All stars earn? Both at home football games and if they get asked to go do shows eg draft days,

All Star pay is what they each received at the time of retiring from the team. 

2 hours ago, chrishunt said:

@ShellyB can you please help us conclude this argument by confirming if taking 37 but having 36 dance is an issue of budget constraints or for another reason? I know you’ve said taking 36 girls on the squad is an issue of budget constraints, but is taking 37 and having 36 dance just a matter of K&J not being able to cut a last girl?

You’ll have to wait for the episode. 🤷🏻‍♀️

2 hours ago, DCCFanInKy said:

I just thought of something.  Maybe she CAN'T say due to contracts with CMT

You’ll have to wait for the episode...

• Useful 8
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, ShellyB said:

All Star pay is what they each received at the time of retiring from the team. 

You’ll have to wait for the episode. 🤷🏻‍♀️

You’ll have to wait for the episode...

I say this with love:  Tease!  🙂❤️

• LOL 3
  • Love 3