Type keyword(s) to search

2019 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp Spoilers

Drogo
  • Start Topic

3 hours ago, DCCFanInKy said:

Is that Victoria and Amanda right behind Travis? Also almost out of the shot on our left (Travis' right) is that Lily?

I am so looking forward to seeing Travis Wall tonight!! He is such a great choreographer!

5 minutes ago, Taralightner said:

I’m watching Pluto right now and it is the end of season 12. I can’t see past the last episode of this season. 

Do you think it’s possible that they could take another one? I mean, with all of these experiments with formations and the sloppiness that we are seeing (that I’ve NEVER seen before), is it possible that this team isn’t “set” yet? Are they making mistakes because of extra pressure/nerves??  

Shelly said it was set a few weeks ago.  And it would be such a waste of time and money to have to take another one.  They didn't take one when Alexandria left.

1 minute ago, Taralightner said:

Since the 4 preseason games are over- have we seen Kat sit out for two and Rachel sit out for 2? Sorry about all these questions- I’m trying to test my theory. 

The DCC only perform at home games, so it has been Rachel one game and Kat one game

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

Shelly said it was set a few weeks ago.  And it would be such a waste of time and money to have to take another one.  They didn't take one when Alexandria left.

The DCC only perform at home games, so it has been Rachel one game and Kat one game

Lol. Yep. I forgot about the home game factor. I agree it would be a waste of money to take 2 photos.  Shelly said team was set? I must have missed that post. I saw that she said that we would find out about this crazy 37, but only dancing 36 at each game in an episode. 

ETA: I’m really not trying to start some craziness here. Just thinking out loud. 

Edited by Taralightner
29 minutes ago, go4luca said:

I know some of them.  Not sure if any of these are not on your list:

Savannah & Alexandra

Brennan & Victoria

Tess & Erin with Bret

Brianna & Chandi

Caroline & Miranda with Taylor P.

Daphne & Christina with Meredith

Heather & Bridget with Kelcey

Lexie and Madeline M. with Lauren

1 hour ago, loveanddcc said:

Group Triangles 

Group 1

Amy 

Caroline  Miranda 

Savannah                 Daphne  

Cianna   Kelcey     Amanda   Madeline 

Group 2

Maddie 

Ashlee         Lexie

Rachel W               Rachel A 

Alanna    Lisa              Chandi           Erin

Group 3

Heather 

Alexis        Amber

Bridget                     Christina 

Briana       Kristin        Taylor P        Jalyn 

Group 4

Tess 

Molly     Gina 

Brennan               Hannah 

Meredith  Victoria   Lily        Taylor J 

Not sure why they would switch Kat and Rachel A since she’s not in a back row? Unless I got the placements wrong.

Kat is in Amy's group.

Maddie was Kat's boot buddy.

Edited by Corky28
  • Useful 2
15 minutes ago, Corky28 said:

Kat is in Amy's group.

Maddie was Kat's boot buddy.

Got it. I saw a video of Savannah dancing next to Alanna, which didn’t make sense since I had also seen her next to Cianna. I thought I was losing my mind. Maybe she fills in for Rachel A when Kat is in the game. It still doesn’t make sense tho... bc that’s a third row spot in both groups, not back row like one would expect an alternate to perform in.

29 minutes ago, adukesantana said:

Just watched the preview for tonight's episode, and knew I LOVED Chandi from the beginning, because she's half Trinidadian!!🇹🇹🇹🇹🇹🇹🇹🇹. I'm soooooo happy right now!!! 

She is so pretty! She’s my favorite rookie so far. 

• Love 10
10 hours ago, cgloss said:

THIS is how that choreo should look. They look great, energized, having fun with perfect formations.

Unfortunately, Briana is where she should be. She screwed up a lot and looks weak. And I like her. 

I said that last year. And I like her as well, a home-girl. But I watched her for 3-4 years from stadium row 7 from the field while she cheered in TN. Trust me, she's twice as better than now than she was in Nashville. She smiles a bit more now. And, if you notice, she always works in/towards the back in the episodes on the show when they are dancing in the studio.  I talked with her and 3 of the others at the autograph table at AT&T Stadium one weekend last year when Dallas played the Titans.  She's as nice and kind and well/spoken as she can be. I do like her and am happy for her.  But she is not on the level of a Nicole, Jacie, Sasha, Crystal, etc. Obviously TPTB like her too, but felt she's not a front row girl or Show Group power level at this time.  But to me the squad as a whole this season is not one of the strongest talent-wise as most past seasons. 

• Love 11
22 minutes ago, DKay said:

I talked with her and 3 of the others at the autograph table at AT&T Stadium one weekend last year when Dallas played the Titans.  She's as nice and kind and well/spoken as she can be. I do like her and am happy for her. 

I'm so happy to read this firsthand take on Briana.  She seems mature, well grounded and genuine.  

• Love 11
22 hours ago, DCCFanInKy said:

Hmmm I'm looking at the FAQ on the DCC's website and It says "Finalists have a brief meeting with DCC Alumnae Brooke Wicker Alexander to schedule their personal interview appointment and to discuss Final Audition Components: Solo Talent Presentation, Panel Interview and Test."  Who is that and wonder why not Kelli?? (note it said the same thing for Finals).

Brooke does this every year. The rare times we see her, it's usually just the back of her. She does the same thing after the training camp participants are selected. It's probably helpful to have someone wrangle everyone, give them the rundown, and handle the administrative stuff while Kelli and Judy are being filmed, thanking the judges and everyone who helped out, etc.  I'm sure there are a lot of details to manage and it helps to have people to handle these different aspects of the day and keep things running smoothly.

Brooke was a very popular cheerleader in the 90s. I believe she was the one who ran the SoDCC newsletter.

1312908765_brookewickeralexanderq4qPT_St_117.jpeg.246569d4513deba31d862d0689288984.jpeg

1364735914_BrookeWicker-Alexander9cyUc_St_117.jpeg.d2ff82bcce6e3dd33e004191cbdba7c0.jpeg

387764661_BrookeWickerAlexanderDE7D0892-AB96-406B-B360-719DB8A9559F.thumb.jpg.jpeg.99981546c5d3087e7b302132890334d9.jpeg

Brooke Wicker in the 90s. She overlapped with Shelly for a bit.

85206104_1995Cowboys_BrookeWicker(yr4).png.2c36345d928d2f169252d63b69b3084e.png

Edited by sleepyjean
  • Useful 4
  • Love 6
5 minutes ago, Anebnanie said:

Hi!  I've been a lurker for years, but I had to create an account to say that I had some doubts about Kat, but she 100% won me over tonight.  Anyone who says that they would rather be homeless than give up their cat is my kind of girl.  

Agree. I’m liking Kat as well. I’m sad she didn’t get to dance last night! 

• Love 7

Why are they keeping Kat??? 

Ugh! She showed such weakness at Finals. Now she’s struggling in TC. 

And, she lost me when I just found out that she brought her pet (a cat) to her host family house without asking them first! Who does that??? (No hate please- I have a cat). 

• Love 7
10 minutes ago, Taralightner said:

And, she lost me when I just found out that she brought her pet (a cat) to her host family house without asking them first! Who does that??? (No hate please- I have a cat). 

Did you watch tonight 

• Love 3
On 8/29/2019 at 4:43 PM, TB12 said:

I do not think Amanda is  very pretty is she blonde with a greatcfigure yes but I think she’s kind of weird looking in her eyes. Not trying to be mean but everyone raves about her look. Also I don’t think this is Meredith's best angle she looks old and harsh & as my mama would say it must be nice to be perfect, I am not, but I’m also not a DCC & will see myself out now.... 🙂 

D73FDF43-DA94-4E14-ABCA-58ADB12B50B5.jpeg

I think amanda is stunning. She has model features. Wide set eyes. Also a little hooded what they used to call bedroom eyes. Nice difference to a lot of the other overly perky eyes. 

• Love 7
4 hours ago, go4luca said:

I know some of them.  Not sure if any of these are not on your list:

Savannah & Alexandra

Brennan & Victoria

Tess & Erin with Bret

Brianna & Chandi

Caroline & Miranda with Taylor P.

Daphne & Christina with Meredith

Heather & Bridget with Kelcey

Lexie and Madeline M. with Lauren

I'm a little late to the party, so someone might have already answered this, but here are the other boot buddy pairs that I know...

Amanda & Gina

Kat & Hannah

Lily & Amy

Lisa & Amber

Madeline S & Ashlee

Shaina & Rachel A

4 hours ago, Erinbridget said:

I know this is totally random, but does anyone know who was who’s boot buddies this year? I know most of them, but some I don’t think were ever posted on social media. I was just wondering, haha. But I wanted to know if we could make a list of all of the TCCs (even the ones who did not make the final team) and their vet boot buddy. 

Edited by Tootie
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
13 minutes ago, Taralightner said:

It's certainly common courtesy to mention that you have a pet. Unless I missed something though (which is very possible), she could have told them about the cat, but the host didn't realize that he/she had an allergy until Kat and the cat was there. The text message mentioned a message from the doctor, so it seems like the host had some sort of reaction. I have a friend who likes dogs and is perfectly fine around my dog and others with short hair, but when another friend bought her dog around that has long hair and sheds like crazy, her allergies went crazy!

When does Alexandra get cut? Was she one of the last ones?

I continue to like Lisa, and I'm surprised she didn't make show group. I thought Amanda looked great during Travis's choreo. He definitely outdanced some of the DCCs as well. 

1 minute ago, Jess14 said:

Low kicks was the reason given on the show. 

They do the kick line at least twice before training camp. Why did they invite Ashley to begin with if her kicks were so bad? They gave her a whole 2 weeks to improve and then decided? Makes no sense to me.

• Love 13
2 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

Low kicks was the reason given on the show. 

I was honestly shocked and gasped when they cut her mid practice? Has this happened before? In previous seasons it always seemed they did it at the end. There were no hugs no goodbyes. Nothing. seemed harsh and then Gina Marie too. 

Just now, Tuxcat said:

They do the kick line at least twice before training camp. Why did they invite Ashley to begin with if her kicks were so bad? They gave her a whole 2 weeks to improve and then decided? Makes no sense to me.

I agree. Not to mention based off that I have no clue how Kat made the team. She didn't even do kicks in her auditions. I feel like they were so many better people they could have chosen.

• Love 5
Just now, Ssaallluuu said:

I was honestly shocked and gasped when they cut her mid practice? Has this happened before? In previous seasons it always seemed they did it at the end. There were no hugs no goodbyes. Nothing. seemed harsh and then Gina Marie too. 

Yeah, for a second, I wondered if other stuff was mentioned in the meeting, which accounted for the abrupt nature and harshness of it. However, if that was the case, then I don't think she would be vowing to come back next year.

I think it makes sense to go ahead and cut people if they (K&J) don't think that they can improve enough, but if they were only going to keep her for one week, then it makes no sense that they brought her in to training camp to begin with. 

• Love 3
Just now, Holly85 said:

How was it !! 

I liked the Episode in general, but a big chunk of it was kind of the “Kat show.” 

They opened with Kat getting a manicure- during that, she gets a text telling her that she had to move because someone in her host family was deathly allergic to cats. She had stayed there only 1 night- who brings a cat to someone else’s house without asking?   Then they show a lot about her dancing- Travis Wall notices the same weakness we saw at auditions. 

Other stuff in the episode I liked: we knew about who was cut, but apparently they are trying to cut early this year instead of drawing out the time that a TCC stays so it’s easier on everyone. Ashley cut for kicks, Gina Marie- dance experience and choreo pick up problems. Instead of that heart wrenching ending of camp cut, they are doing it now. I love that approach. 

I LOVED Travis Wall and his teaching style!!!! So much fun to watch. 

They also showed that the personality testing was used to help them put dancers into groups. 

Since we knew some of the outcomes, it was good to see how it actually played out. 

• Love 4

It seems a bit harsh or awkward to cut a girl mid-practice but I think it serves a number of reasons:

- They don’t have to stay after practice to talk to Kelli and Judy and make the night even longer than it already is.

- Other team members don’t have to wait after practice until the girl are told their fate, making their nights shorter as well.

- They can do the cuts/critiques while the group leaders are teaching dances, which is better use of their time  

- It eliminates that weird hug circle the girls used do when everyone would gather after practice.  I appreciate the idea of their friendship & sisterhood but HATE that weird hug circle. Especially for those who are like 4th ring from the center. At that point, who you even hugging?!

• LOL 5
  • Love 10

A few thoughts:

Why didn't Lisa make SG?

I'm still in love with Kat, love her spirit.

VK seems to be a more humble than she use to be or she is getting a better edit.

Pages ago it was said that K&J thought of this Rookie class as weak but Kelli contradicted that on tonight's show by saying it's a strong Rookie class. Any thoughts?

Ashleys cut reminded me of someone getting their head chopped off...quick and dirty. She was not a hard cut for them at all.

Poor GinaM she was not ready this year. That was not shocking she was cut.

• Love 14
27 minutes ago, Taralightner said:

They also showed that the personality testing was used to help them put dancers into groups. 

I still think it was we have a blonde with a brunette upon which we can build our bouquet.

• LOL 6
4 minutes ago, GeorgiaPeach11 said:

Pages ago it was said that K&J thought of this Rookie class as weak but Kelli contradicted that on tonight's show by saying it's a strong Rookie class. Any thoughts?

The quick cuts show that they’ve seen early weakness. I think they’ve publicly (on the show) have said every year: “This is one of the most talented rookie class that we’ve seen in years.” 

They can’t publicly say- “hey, we are really concerned about our new squad- how are we ever going to be ready to go on stage in 2 months?” 

2 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

I still think it was we have a blonde with a brunette upon which we can build our bouquet.

I said “help,” not define. Lol. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
4 minutes ago, Taralightner said:

I said “help,” not define. Lol. 

True:)  I find it interesting that they ignore the judge's opinions when they are trying to help choose a team.  But then, they do this to help choose leaders.  I say go with your gut, based on being around these girls for all this time.  Oops, I forgot - they aren't around these girls as much as we think.  Like someone said, it just seems to be product placement.  

38 minutes ago, Taralightner said:

but a big chunk of it was kind of the “Kat show.

Make us forget the VK show from last year, or make Kat this year's "girl we love to hate" to draw attention away from VK.  Which, if they are trying to give Kat a bad edit, isn't fair to her.

• Love 10
14 hours ago, cgloss said:

THIS is how that choreo should look. They look great, energized, having fun with perfect formations.

Unfortunately, Briana is where she should be. She screwed up a lot and looks weak. And I like her. 

I totally agree about the choreo-- I can't stop watching Jena and Holly in that routine whereas with the current squad I was like meh. 

• Love 6
8 minutes ago, Rosie-Brooklyn said:

Not going to lie, I expected to come here and see a bunch of praise for Kat because she said that she'd rather be homeless than give up her cat. Cat people-- in my experience-- regard this as the gold standard of viewpoints. 

I do respect her for that. Did she ever say her cat’s name? I think the cats are winning this season tbh. Every time I rewatch episode 4, I pause for Gatsby, cry and hug my cat  🥺😻

Edited by loveanddcc
  • LOL 3
  • Love 5

Just had this idea. They could add to auditions (between semi’s and finals) a ballet class. If they saw each of the TCCs at the barre, they would easily see things like turn-out, feet placement in the dance positions, extensions (ability to get that leg up in a controlled way), and knowledge of basic dance vocabulary. This could be a round like interviews where they have an almost pass/fail grade that would go into the decision of who makes it to camp.  The judges could still watch them all at finals, but would have this information at deliberations after finals so that they would know who would most likely struggle at camp because of their dance technique. Just a thought...  

• Useful 4
  • Love 3

Yes Victoria is so amazing. Yeah yeah. She still looks big, not fat, but not much different from that time last year IMO. And her hair looked flat on top. What is up with it? It's not straight, it's not curled, it's just there. Lol but she's okay. I can't tell who is better than who with the girls that are picked out by Travis. I thought Maddie looked good when they were doing the DCC dance. And she's bigger too. 

My boyfriend said Judy looked like she was taking a nap during the meeting with Bret. Lol. She barely says anything anymore. 

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, Taralightner said:

Just had this idea. They could add to auditions (between semi’s and finals) a ballet class. If they saw each of the TCCs at the barre, they would easily see things like turn-out, feet placement in the dance positions, extensions (ability to get that leg up in a controlled way), and knowledge of basic dance vocabulary. This could be a round like interviews where they have an almost pass/fail grade that would go into the decision of who makes it to camp.  The judges could still watch them all at finals, but would have this information at deliberations after finals so that they would know who would most likely struggle at camp because of their dance technique. Just a thought...  

But then only trained dancers would make it.... I’m not ok with that. It’s not like the audience can tell who’s trained or not and untrained girls can have better performance quality and shine in other ways.

• Love 13
10 hours ago, Monique said:

If you were right then Molly shouldn’t be in the triangle for Group 4 and Hannah should be. Molly isn’t on show group and Hannah is and Hannah can dance circles around her. Also if group 4 is the tall girl group which it seems to be I wonder why they let Gina be Tess’s 2nd leader. She looks short between Tess, Hannah, and Molly 🤷🏾‍♀️  

I think the triangles are about what’s going to look best on screen. That means the prettiest girls who can consistently do the choreography. A Tess Gina Hannah triangle would be too harsh. They all have harsh features. Molly softens them out.

It’s not about who’s individually more beautiful, it’s about the picture that’s created by the three girls in front of the camera.

Show group is based more on who’s the best technical dancer.... I would imagine that they put some girls on show group for looks and interview skills, but a lot of them make it bc they can do tricks and skills 

Edited by loveanddcc
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
40 minutes ago, loveanddcc said:

But then only trained dancers would make it.... I’m not ok with that. It’s not like the audience can tell who’s trained or not and untrained girls can have better performance quality and shine in other ways.

I hear you. The reality is that this is a professional dance job. Tonight, they asked Kat if she knew what relevé and coupé meant. When she didn’t know coupé, they told her that she needed to find some dance classes in the area. I’m not saying everyone needs to be a professional level ballerina, but K&J have cut so many TCCs because of lack of dance training... even a few years of ballet as a young adult could prepare someone like Kat (who has a ton of natural talent and training in an area like gymnastics, so flexibility and turn out have already been taught), to be on top of her game instead of a little behind the curve. 

Edited by Taralightner
  • Love 7

Wasn’t the rumor that Ashley had a weird sugar daddy situation going on and that’s why she was really cut? Would make sense that they did it quick and emotionless when they’ve given plenty of other girls time to work on their kicks

• Useful 1
  • Love 7

I'm surprised nobody mentioned the part about Kat not telling her mom that she's basically homeless and that's distracting her from practicing and focusing on DCC.  I wonder what happened with the nice lady who offered to let her move in.  It fell through somehow.  I hope Kat is back on her feet now.  She is charismatic and interesting even if she only cheers every other game.  

• Love 9
26 minutes ago, Taralightner said:

I hear you. The reality is that this is a professional dance job. Tonight, they asked Kat if she knew what relevé and coupé meant. When she didn’t know coupé, they told her that she needed to find some dance classes in the area. I’m not saying everyone needs to be a professional level ballerina, but K&J have cut so many TCCs because of lack of dance training... even a few years of ballet as a young adult could prepare someone like Kat (who has a ton of natural talent and training in an area like gymnastics, so flexibility and turn out have already been taught), to be on top of her game instead of a little behind the curve. 

Ohh, I understand now! I haven’t seen tonight’s episode yet. Earlier this season, Kelli said technique is great “but the reality is we’re going to put boots over those feet.” They have to decide what they want. They can’t say you don’t need to be trained and then cut girls for things like turnout and feet or drag them for not having a dance vocabulary. I was hopeful that Kelli's statement meant they’d changed their minds about technical training. 

Edited by loveanddcc
  • Love 4
On 6/16/2019 at 1:43 PM, loveanddcc said:

Ashley got burned for her actions that she did one week before she auditioned for DCC. From what I've heard, at the very least she slept with her teammates bf and at the very worst it was an ongoing SD/SB affair in which he allegedly promised to buy her way onto DCC, but someone ratted her out to Kelli and allegedly a video surfaced that was threatened to be released if she made the team. I've heard that she was a mean girl on Mavs but it was the other stuff that got her cut.

Here’s the info I mentioned previously from page 88 of this thread.

• Useful 2
3 hours ago, Ssaallluuu said:

I think amanda is stunning. She has model features. Wide set eyes. Also a little hooded what they used to call bedroom eyes. Nice difference to a lot of the other overly perky eyes. 

It is definitely the wide set eyes that make her unique. Much like Jacqueline Kennedy.

jackie-lovely-pachouli-1564070516.jpg

• Love 1