Type keyword(s) to search

2019 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp Spoilers

Drogo
  • Start Topic

1 minute ago, Agent Gully said:

Thanks for the information you have shared with us! I think being cut first would be more embarrassing than painful. Being cut last would leave you with a lot of "if only I had/hadn't" thoughts. To be cut last two years in a row would be unbearable and I think if that happened to me, there would be a  LOT of bleeping when the show finally aired!

Hopefully, whoever it is doesn't have any "If only I had..." thoughts.  I feel pretty sure they have given it their all.  If they have those thoughts, then that would mean that they didn't give it everything they had.

• Love 2
15 minutes ago, HideyYall said:

Hopefully, whoever it is doesn't have any "If only I had..." thoughts.  I feel pretty sure they have given it their all.  If they have those thoughts, then that would mean that they didn't give it everything they had.

Not true.  I often have those "if only" thoughts even when I know there's nothing more I could have done.

• Love 6
28 minutes ago, Agent Gully said:

Thanks for the information you have shared with us! I think being cut first would be more embarrassing than painful. Being cut last would leave you with a lot of "if only I had/hadn't" thoughts. To be cut last two years in a row would be unbearable and I think if that happened to me, there would be a  LOT of bleeping when the show finally aired!

btw......don't hold me 100 percent accountable on what I have been told.  It seriously comes from a friend of a friend of a friend (and maybe another friend before that).  LOL  BUT one thing I do know 100 percent is the final cut has not been made.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Tornado said:

Well since there are no cameras at tonights practice, that means the squad announcement isnt tonight...however, it could have already been announced and tonight could be a practice with the final squad to get ready for the game...and the cone of silence order has been given

I asked Shelly if the team was finalized a bit ago and she said no 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, HideyYall said:

I guess it goes to show that we all have different views on what is attractive.  There are a few on the team that I don't think are beautiful either (although ALL of them are WAAAAY above the average young woman in appearance).  

That's true. It's not that I don't think she should make the team. I would be just fine if she did. And I've always  thought there were plenty of girls on the team that weren't particularly beautiful or what not, so I don't know why people like to pick on certain girls for their looks as to why they shouldn't be on the team. There's been lots of less pretty girls on the squad over the years/ones that don't have the "DCC look" so. Lol. I point out the girls' looks just to voice my opinion on them. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Pau84 said:

I think (know) that it is her body fat. Her BMI is too low, so the shape of her face disappears. Lily has in essence very nice features but these get lost when she loses pounds. The same happens to Daphne. I hope they eat a sandwich and start looking their old glam self.

Kelli’s beloved grandmother said it herself: 10 pounds makes you look 5 years younger.

In that case, I should look 15 years younger.  Hmmmm....... 🙂

• LOL 15
4 hours ago, Pau84 said:

Kelli’s beloved grandmother said it herself: 10 pounds makes you look 5 years younger.

It also makes you look 10 pounds heavier.  😢 

giphy.gif

• LOL 11
5 hours ago, HideyYall said:

I think it would be the most sick minded thing anyone has ever done to the candidates if they cut her.  

They did it to Kyndall, so they have no problem doing it again.

7 hours ago, HideyYall said:

I really can't pick who I wish to be cut.  I really wish that no one was cut.  I think I would rather be cut first than last.  Being the very last one to be cut I think would be far more painful.  

Last would be rotten. I think the sweet spot would be 2/3 of the way through, especially for the ones in college. Paid dance job for the summer with a lot of practice in the DCC style, setting you up for next season. 

For the career girls working 40 hours a week? Cut them early (ie Malena.) I can’t imagine two months of 8-5 then 6-12 practice and trying to function. If they aren’t sooooo close to making the team, let them go. 

The TCC like Mackenzie who were amazing but needed flexibility are an exception...she truly needed time but was 100% everywhere else. 

Edited by kalibean
Punctuation is our friend.
  • Love 8
17 minutes ago, kalibean said:

Last would be rotten. I think the sweet spot would be 2/3 of the way through, especially for the ones in college. Paid dance job for the summer with a lot of practice in the DCC style, setting you up for next season. 

For the career girls working 40 hours a week? Cut them early (ie Malena.) I can’t imagine two months of 8-5 then 6-12 practice and trying to function. If they aren’t sooooo close to making the team, let them go. 

The TCC like Mackenzie who were amazing but needed flexibility are an exception...she truly needed time but was 100% everywhere else. 

I've always thought they should cut some people way earlier than they did, even not have them in TC. Surely they can tell after the first week or two who is getting it and who isn't. They won't miraculously get their kicks to their nose, they won't change their face, they won't pick up routines quicker if they can't remember a couple of them in week 1. Just rip off that plaster, or band-aid as you Americans say!

• Love 9
8 hours ago, TUOwl84 said:

It’s not her dancing. It’s her look. She looks tired and old to me this year. 

4907F6C3-E839-41C9-ADE6-718A2389A1DC.jpeg

I can’t tell if she has sun damage on her face, bad skin, or if she simply doesn’t match her makeup to the rest of her skin. Or if she doesn’t understand how to apply makeup. She needs to see an excellent makeup artist and an excellent dermatologist ASAP. She’s a cute girl, but her face isn’t living it’s best life.

• Love 11

I'm neutral on Lily at this point, but I think it would be beyond cruel for her to be the last cut for a second time. 

I agree she looks different this year but in the pictures I've seen posted here, it appears rather than genuinely smiling, she is using a trick popularized by Jackie O (DCCs preferred arbiter of all things elegant and ladylike) to minimize laugh lines. Basically it's just pulling back your lips to expose your teeth, so it looks like a "smile" but there is no true happiness, just a pose. 

In last year's welcome to training camp pic she looks truly joyful.  In the casual pics from this year she just looks like she's setting her teeth and with no gladness involved to light up her face and with the jaw and throat more involved in the move her face looks harsh.  Or as @Agent Gully has mentioned, determined.

If she makes the team I hope genuine excitement will bring a glow back to her. 

Edited by PattiD4DCC
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4

Hopefully not, but it wouldn't surprise me if the final cut isn't delayed until the end of the week, or even early next week.  I'm sure CMT and the producers of the show want to script and capture everything they can for the last few episodes to keep the audience in suspense.  I have a friend who is supposed to go to Meet the Team and it's scheduled for next Thursday (Aug 22) I believe.

2 minutes ago, DCCManFan said:
Edited by DCCManFan
  • Useful 7
  • Love 5
8 hours ago, Dallasfan said:

Why do y’all not like VK. She’s so full of personality and talent. Plus, you can tell she’s worked hard. Also can’t understand the people against Kristen who seems sweet. To each her own I guess. 

Personally, it's because of her behavior and entitlement last year (which has been somewhat toned down this year so far, at least on what was shown) among other things.  She couldn't control the nepotism and favoritism shown by Kelli, but Victoria's own immature behavior made her seem younger than she was.  In addition, her dancing is out of control (to me), she gained 11 pounds last year, lied about certain things and did so straight to Kelli's face, and other things.  I will give her that she's so far seemed to keep her weight in check this year, but I don't see that her dancing, especially her turns, have improved.  I could say SO much more, but won't.  At least not right now.

8 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

I hope we aren't in a situation like last year, where it is an obvious cut but Kelli refuses to see it.

Wasn't there the thought last year that Kelli was petitioning Charlotte to make the team 40 girls so she WOULDN'T have to cut people she wants on the squad?  Unless every other rookie candidate is far better than Victoria and Kelli can't stomach the thought of cutting her again, then I don't see the problem of who the last cut should be.  We already know that Kelli ranks the girls as to who's the top 36 and who isn't so unless one of those girls is SO close and Kelli's just giving her time to see if she can get there. . . .Still, if that's the case, the girl has had all summer to get there and just can't seem to make it, then just cut her and move on to the squad so the girl can rest, recover, and actually have a bit of a break before she decides what to do next.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, PrincessLeia said:

I can’t tell if she has sun damage on her face, bad skin, or if she simply doesn’t match her makeup to the rest of her skin. Or if she doesn’t understand how to apply makeup. She needs to see an excellent makeup artist and an excellent dermatologist ASAP. She’s a cute girl, but her face isn’t living it’s best life.

I don't think she is wearing makeup here, but has sunscreen on her face that gives a white cast.  Also, because of using sunscreen her face is lighter than her body.

• Love 1
10 hours ago, Tornado said:

Hi, Im from the Boston area. Pats fan through and through...but yet, ive watched MTT from season 1. 

Try being a die hard Eagles fan with a vested interested in the DCC.  Hate their football team but love the girls!  I think part of it is because I know I would never be one (not because of team affiliation but because I am tall, lanky, and can't dance my way out of a paper bag).  😉 

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, PattiD4DCC said:

I'm neutral on Lily at this point, but I think it would be beyond cruel for her to be the last cut for a second time. 

What you see as cruel, Kelli sees as drama that could translate into higher ratings. It’s ALL about the reality show now, folks, which is the main reason for the decline in the team’s quality. 

• Love 13
19 minutes ago, itsweird said:

Try being a die hard Eagles fan with a vested interested in the DCC.  Hate their football team but love the girls!  I think part of it is because I know I would never be one (not because of team affiliation but because I am tall, lanky, and can't dance my way out of a paper bag).  😉 

^^^ all of this is me, too!

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
9 minutes ago, SmpIsimon said:

What you see as cruel, Kelli sees as drama that could translate into higher ratings. It’s ALL about the reality show now, folks, which is the main reason for the decline in the team’s quality. 

I can definitely see how this would happen. The biggest deterrent for some of the truly amazing dancers is the show and it's design; what makes Kelli feel popular and makes the organization more money is also the show. 

There is a reason why Abby Lee Miller & Dance Moms are on Season 8 and Kim of Queens was cancelled after Season 1. Drama sells and Kelli has chosen to sell her soul to the Reality TV Gods instead of having the best squad possible. 

Oh and I forgot to address Shelley's move. I've said it once, I'll say it again---after their treatment of Dayton I would have burned it all down in my exit, but the fact that she has moved to a different state and is still working for the organization really disappoints me. 

• Love 16
2 hours ago, PrincessLeia said:

I think she’s just aging normally and has lost a lot of body fat, maybe too fast. This personally didn’t happen to me until I was 30, and boy were people rude to me. Saying I was too thin and must me starving myself. Well, I couldn’t help it. I don’t like to critique when we don’t know what’s going on in her world. Also, fairly certain she was chosen as an alternate last year and that’s why she is so close to everyone. Like Madeline was the year before. They just don’t discuss alternates publicly.

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, GgJax said:

I think she’s just aging normally and has lost a lot of body fat, maybe too fast. This personally didn’t happen to me until I was 30, and boy were people rude to me. Saying I was too thin and must me starving myself. Well, I couldn’t help it. I don’t like to critique when we don’t know what’s going on in her world. Also, fairly certain she was chosen as an alternate last year and that’s why she is so close to everyone. Like Madeline was the year before. They just don’t discuss alternates publicly.

They have alternates?  Pardon my ignorance but I didn't know that.  How does that work?

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, itsweird said:

They have alternates?  Pardon my ignorance but I didn't know that.  How does that work?

Kelli and Judy have mentioned it on past seasons, not as often anymore. The last time I heard them mention it is when Yuko had some immigration issue, and they said “we could maybe make her an alternate” this was during training camp. The rest is just speculation on my part, but I do think the alternates attend all training and games. I think they grow close to the squad that way. Last year Madeline was in almost all of the team’a private Instagram stories. And she was picked up by former DCC for Live, Love, Game Day’s Sydney Durso to do modeling. She was “in” — and I have seen Lily in the same manner as far as Instagram stories the last year. It’s just a guess tho. No hard facts.

Edited by GgJax
Typo
  • Useful 3

It's great that so many fans of other teams are DCC and MTT fans.  I don't think I could do that, though.  I'm an old timer.  This is year 41 of my Cowboys fandom and I've loved the DCC equally as much as the team the whole time.  Watching another squad would be blasphemy.  Kudos to those who can put their love for another team aside and just enjoy the show.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, Weeklydcc said:

It's great that so many fans of other teams are DCC and MTT fans.  I don't think I could do that, though.  I'm an old timer.  This is year 41 of my Cowboys fandom and I've loved the DCC equally as much as the team the whole time.  Watching another squad would be blasphemy.  Kudos to those who can put their love for another team aside and just enjoy the show.

They could be say - rockettes - and I would feel the same.  I just enjoy watching young women trying to achieve their dreams in an elusive world I would never see otherwise.  "I like the wine, not the bottle" (extra points if you get that quote) 😉 

• Love 6
12 minutes ago, GgJax said:

Kelli and Judy have mentioned it on past seasons, not as often anymore. The last time I heard them mention it is when Yuko had some immigration issue, and they said “we could maybe make her an alternate” this was during training camp. The rest is just speculation on my part, but I do think the alternates attend all training and games. I think they grow close to the squad that way. Last year Madeline was in almost all of the team’a private Instagram stories. And she was picked up by former DCC for Live, Love, Game Day’s Sydney Durso to do modeling. She was “in” — and I have seen Lily in the same manner as far as Instagram stories the last year. It’s just a guess tho. No hard facts.

Wow, this is amazing! I had no idea about the alternates!! Would love to know more about this! 

• Love 2
16 minutes ago, GgJax said:

Madeline who? Madeline Malloy was on the team last year, not an alternate. Is there another Madeline?

9 minutes ago, itsweird said:

They could be say - rockettes - and I would feel the same.  I just enjoy watching young women trying to achieve their dreams in an elusive world I would never see otherwise.  "I like the wine, not the bottle" (extra points if you get that quote) 😉 

Same here! I'm another Bostonian diehard Pats fan but have been following DCC since i was a little girl! I, too, love watching people making their dreams come true! I live vicariously through them good and bad, well except for Veruca, haha! :-)

• Love 1

I thought it was confirmed that there were no alternates? Besides, if they have alternates, why do all stars fill in when someone is out? Sorry, that’s speculation I don’t buy. I think Lily spent all of last summer with the team in training camp and they formed actual friendships that didn’t end just because training camp did. Not everything is a conspiracy. 🤷‍♀️

Edited by sugarplum
Typo
  • Love 24

I absolutely find it beyond cruel to wait to cut the final girl.  Whoever she is, she worked her butt off all Summer & possibly uprooted herself from a home several states away.  I can only guess at the pain and hurt of being the final cut after forging friendships with girls on the squad.  Not only for whoever the final cut is, but for the remaining girls as well.  If it's all for CMT drama, this practice is incredibly sad.

Not that K&J or the show care one iota about my opinion but why not make the final cut 2 weeks ago and use this time for added rehearsal time to perfect the new team?  Especially with the new whackadoodle two point config scenario?

• Love 20
2 minutes ago, go4luca said:

I absolutely find it beyond cruel to wait to cut the final girl.  Whoever she is, she worked her butt off all Summer & possibly uprooted herself from a home several states away.  I can only guess at the pain and hurt of being the final cut after forging friendships with girls on the squad.  Not only for whoever the final cut is, but for the remaining girls as well.  If it's all for CMT drama, this practice is incredibly sad.

Not that K&J or the show care one iota about my opinion but why not make the final cut 2 weeks ago and use this time for added rehearsal time to perfect the new team?  Especially with the new whackadoodle two point config scenario?

Perfectly said!

• Love 2
15 minutes ago, TB12 said:

Same here! I'm another Bostonian diehard Pats fan but have been following DCC since i was a little girl! I, too, love watching people making their dreams come true! I live vicariously through them good and bad, well except for Veruca, haha! :-)

Diehard Broncos and Denver Broncos Cheerleaders fan here! DCC MTT is my guilty pleasure and even though I'm not a Cowboys fan, I do love this show and all the drama it produces! Hope we hear soon about the final team for this year.

• Love 4
10 minutes ago, AerialDancer said:

This is 100% not true. It’s been confirmed here by Shelly in the past that there are no alternates. Also, why on earth would they take a secret alternate that literally no one ever sees?? The all stars fill this role, if needed. lily is just friends with everyone. 

Well clue me in why Kelli said Yuko could be an “alternate at best” during the season before that. Watch that clip then clarify what she meant by that.

• Love 1

I maintain that all of Lily's face issues could be solved by gaining some weight. Gina (as much as I adore her), Daphne, Tess, Lily...they're all going to look ridden hard and put away wet by the time they're 35. Being on the extreme thin end does that to a woman. 💁‍♀️

Edited by PunchPowerPop
Mistyped
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, SmpIsimon said:

So sad, but I hear ya! 

Amusing to see that Amazon categorizes Season 1 of DCC MTT as "Reality Comedy."  There will always be tears when people see their dream end - we're all used to that as part of the process and that is drama enough for me. Note to Kelli: there is a difference between drama and torture.  

Also funny that from what I've read on here last season was the highest rated so far, and the season that made me question if I want to keep watching! 

• Love 4

I think Shelley has debunked the "alternates" myth several times.  They do not have alternates.  The All Stars will fill in, like Jinelle did for Yuko after her car accident last year, but they do not have alternate team members.  

• Love 6
22 minutes ago, go4luca said:

100 percent agree. The poor TCCs on the bubble, having to wait until Friday now. And what I find most difficult to stomach is that the show presents the final cuts who are openly distressed as ‘too emotional’. Not just Malena but all of them. When everything is set up to make them emotional - endless TC, late nights, stringing things along - and the long wait alone in the studio before the office meeting. 

Dear whoever is the last cut, please don’t give them the satisfaction, try and keep your anger and sadness until you’re out in the car. Not easy I know. 

• Love 7
16 minutes ago, GgJax said:

Well clue me in why Kelli said Yuko could be an “alternate at best” during the season before that. Watch that clip then clarify what she meant by that.

I don’t know if kelly ever said that, but there could be several reason, most notably; Yuko had a visa, and I assume the cowboys paid for it (visas of this type have to be sponsored). They were committed to her either way.  And we saw yuko perform regularly. The likelihood that Lily was hiding in the locker room all year waiting to run out on the field for that one time they needed her is slim to none. 

• Love 3
11 hours ago, HideyYall said:

I seriously have no idea.  I don't think they know either.  I know that a large percentage of what is done is based on whether or not CMT will be there to film.  Could be that they won't be there again until Friday.  I just don't know.

5 minutes ago, moonpie said:

100 percent agree. The poor TCCs on the bubble, having to wait until Friday now. 

I don't think it's been confirmed the final cut will be Friday.  It could be today for all we know.  Which I hope it is so whoever is the final cut can move on with her life.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, SmpIsimon said:

Amen. 

If We are to believe Kelli is as good at her job as they tell us she is, she can evaluate and have a roster of 36 after a week, two maybe.

This last cut will not impact what any fan/consumer experiences on game day. It will not make or break anything but the show.

And the show is what it is really about now, not the product on the field. 

• Love 7
12 minutes ago, Kaelha said:

*First time poster and slightly concerned I’m not doing this right, but A for effort?*

It finally happened. This recent point stuff has brought this long time, super lurker out of lurkdom.

I know the discussion has shifted to final cut and am happy to get right back to that, but I’m still shook. 

Gina was robbed. This has nothing to do with looks - I will never say anything negatively about the way someone looks. In fact, I think Maddie and Amy are both pretty girls. They ALL are. However, I was a big Kash fan and personally think she killed it at point. She was dynamite and those are tough shoes (boots) to fill. You replace a dynamite point with a dynamite point. Gina, to me, has that it factor you want to see in a point. Amy and Maddie are phenomenal dancers, but Gina is someone you can’t look away from when she performs. 

I can’t help but wonder if I’m just confused and disappointed in the shared point decision. Maybe I would feel differently if they had selected just Maddie or just Amy. I’m rooting for everyone and at many times during my lurking I’ve thought to myself “self, I could totally get behind Amy or Maddie as point.” However, when the decision is made to share point... that’s where things get weird for me. If they’re going to do that, why not Gina and Maddie? Why not Heather and Amy? Why not Gina and Heather? *Insert any combination of girls here* I imagine the girls must be wondering the same thing. It’s easier to grasp and accept if just one person is selected. 

At this point (no pun intended?), the decision has been made and I would never wish for point to be taken away from anyone. It’s not their fault this was the decision they came to and Amy and Maddie have both been great DCCs and certainly wonderful ambassadors and deserving of recognition. I just don’t get it, that’s all. 

More importantly, in what DCC world do I live in that Gina is not in the triangle at all?

Could not agree with you more! Thanks for posting. 

• Love 2