Type keyword(s) to search

2019 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp Spoilers

Drogo
  • Start Topic

I don’t understand why if it’s such a weak rookie class (and it definitely looks weak), why do they drag these last cuts out? I don’t see “drama”, I see a director who clearly needs to retire if she needs over 2 months to figure out that Malena won’t suddenly fix her memory issues or that VK can’t possibly get back into shape in one week and keep the weight off during the season. If she wants to play up the drama, she might as well try to invite truly good dancers into tc instead of a handful rockstars (if any) and multiple obvious cuts. Just saying.

• LOL 2
  • Love 15
2 hours ago, tacosandtequila said:

My way of looking at it..if they had to choose Maddie and Amy- but are good dancers (but not amazing) and are pretty (but not stunning or really glamorous). They can’t choose Gina to be a part of the triangle because she would out-dance both of them; the three of them would not mesh well. Lexie is beautiful, a great dancer, and meshes better with them...more balanced. The triangle would be off-balanced with 1 amazing dancer and 2 “good” dancers 

IMO, not if the 1 amazing dancer is point!

• Love 4
6 hours ago, DCCManFan said:

Hopefully not, but it wouldn't surprise me if the final cut isn't delayed until the end of the week, or even early next week.  I'm sure CMT and the producers of the show want to script and capture everything they can for the last few episodes to keep the audience in suspense.  I have a friend who is supposed to go to Meet the Team and it's scheduled for next Thursday (Aug 22) I believe.

Correction...I was informed MTT is Friday, AUG 23

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
6 minutes ago, DCCManFan said:

In that case they will wait until that day to make the last cut. Kelli will trip one of them as they run onto the field and that is how she will know she is cut.

• LOL 14
  • Love 1

They wait until the last day to make it more dramatic for the show.  Again, the show drives everything at this point, and the girl's feelings are just pawns in the ratings game.  I've heard that some of the vets who have been cut during training camps in the past likely wouldn't have been cut had it not been for the show-- they just thought it'd make for great TV to see vets getting called in and dismissed.

Edited by SmpIsimon
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
18 minutes ago, DCCManFan said:

Is there a rehearsal on August 22? @Smplsimon?

ANY "insider"....can you say who might be on the injured list, Weight Warning?

Edited by DCCFanInKy
fix my crappy spelling
7 minutes ago, SmpIsimon said:

They wait until the last day to make it more dramatic for the show.  Again, the show drives everything at this point, and the girl's feelings are just pawns in the ratings game.  I've heard that some of the vets who have been cut during training camps in the past likely wouldn't have been cut had it not been for the show-- they just thought it'd make for great TV to see vets getting called in and dismissed.

This screams Tara. Her cut was always the most confusing, as they portrayed her as the rock star her rookie year, but then show one clip of her messing up and she's done-zo. 

How many clips have we seen or Christina and Savannah screwing up? Tea. 

Edited by OopseeDaisy
  • Love 15
17 minutes ago, SmpIsimon said:

☹️🥺😢😤😠😡🤬🤯😢🥺☹️

Serious question - Why is Lisa Mills unpopular as a TCC?  Everything I have read and seen shows her to be cute, a decent dancer and a well-rounded background.  I don't follow the non-DCCs at the level some of you do.  I know a worthy poster here has referenced drama with the DMDs, specifically Julia and Lisa, but is Lisa a problem?  Or could it have been Julia?  

• Love 1
5 hours ago, GgJax said:

I think she’s just aging normally and has lost a lot of body fat, maybe too fast. This personally didn’t happen to me until I was 30, and boy were people rude to me. Saying I was too thin and must me starving myself. Well, I couldn’t help it. I don’t like to critique when we don’t know what’s going on in her world. Also, fairly certain she was chosen as an alternate last year and that’s why she is so close to everyone. Like Madeline was the year before. They just don’t discuss alternates publicly.

Lily isn’t too thin- I stand by my original post. I mostly believe it’s a makeup thing. She has bags under her eyes. She just needs some great concealer and a color match. 

I have no clue as to what you’re talking about regarding alternates.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Tootie said:

Here's Lily before and after the "DCC Team of Experts" got a hold of her last year...  

2019-08-14 (12) - Copy.png

Their makeup "artist" should be fired. They added at least 20 years to her

• Love 16
Just now, HowdeeDo said:

I agree.  She just doesn't look right as a brassy blonde.  Her hair looks super dry and over-processed.  I think she would be very pretty without the buckets of black eyeliner and proper color.  Maybe a medium brown with just a touch of highlights.  She has something wonky going on with her lower teeth as well, but not anything the Cowboys dentist couldn't fix.  She reminds me of the VS Angel Erin Heatherton.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Weeklydcc said:

It's great that so many fans of other teams are DCC and MTT fans.  I don't think I could do that, though.  I'm an old timer.  This is year 41 of my Cowboys fandom and I've loved the DCC equally as much as the team the whole time.  Watching another squad would be blasphemy.  Kudos to those who can put their love for another team aside and just enjoy the show.

I love my team, rivals New York Giants, and we don’t have a cheer squad so I follow the DCC but would never root for DC to win. 😝

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
14 minutes ago, HowdeeDo said:

I think she is really pretty and that her blue eyes POP with the makeup.  I didn't notice them being so blue before.

• Love 2
Just now, HideyYall said:

I think she is really pretty and that her blue eyes POP with the makeup.  I didn't notice them being so blue before.

I get the dark eye makeup, but everything else makes her look almost dirty. 

That's the worst contour I've ever seen. 

• Love 2
15 minutes ago, PrincessLeia said:

I mostly believe it’s a makeup thing. She has bags under her eyes. She just needs some great concealer and a color match. 

Yes!! This is what I see as well. A good undereye concealer and some good eye cream beforehand. 

• Love 1
19 minutes ago, Tootie said:

Here's Lily before and after the "DCC Team of Experts" got a hold of her last year...  

I think she looks like Jordan Chanley

2 minutes ago, jlc said:

I'm sorry, but what makes Gina more deserving than Maddie or Amy. You make it sound like Gina is the only one that has had dreams of being point, and now that I have entered the conversation, Gina can't  be point because she is never on the same count as everyone else and she throws in head flops to make sure people are watching her! 

Gina is more deserving based on dance ability and fitness.

• LOL 1
  • Love 14
19 minutes ago, Tootie said:

She kind of resembles Sarah Idziak in the make over photo...

2 minutes ago, Kayce said:

She kind of resembles Sarah Idziak in the make over photo...

7 minutes ago, UnicornKicksBack said:

I think she looks like Jordan Chanley

Idk about you but those are the last two people I'd want to resemble. 

• LOL 9
  • Love 4
48 minutes ago, DCCFanInKy said:

Is there a rehearsal on August 22? @Smplsimon?

ANY "insider"....can you say who might be on the injured list, Weight Warning?

Shelly just said they were all on target when she last weighed them.  I assume that means no one is on WW.

1 minute ago, scorpio1031 said:

Shelly just said they were all on target when she last weighed them.  I assume that means no one is on WW.

You have to ask yourself when was the last time that Shelley (as opposed to someone else) weighed them.  Also, does "on target" mean they were below their contract weight or that they were making progress toward that weight?   All in all, I think Shelley was being very careful in how she answered that question.  I was told that two vets are on WW and have been since the beginning of training camp.

• Useful 5
  • Love 19
1 minute ago, SmpIsimon said:

You have to ask yourself when was the last time that Shelley (as opposed to someone else) weighed them.  Also, does "on target" mean they were below their contract weight or that they were making progress toward that weight?   All in all, I think Shelley was being very careful in how she answered that question.  I was told that two vets are on WW and have been since the beginning of training camp.

Well inquiring minds want to know

my guess is Maddie and Ashley 

I think it's very sad that these girls are waiting for the last cut.  That has to be terrible.  I do not know enough about their dancing to make an educated comment on who goes home.  Julia seemed to be well liked that she got the IHOP send off.  

Lily looks stressed but when she was on the dance floor did a great job.  Considering she got blindsided last year, I feel sorry for her.  

VK is doing much better this year.  She looks great.  For all who point to her slip and fall at prelims, I just watched show group audition last year and Jalyn landed on her butt at that auction and made show group.  

We've had a lot of vague hints and innuendos.  Time will tell on who goes home.  I am rooting for all of them knowing there will be a cut.  I hope they choose well. Christina has never been my fav but I would hate to see a vet go home the last day.

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, SmpIsimon said:

On target is so vague. Could mean nobody in WW or could mean every single one are and on target to meaning goals. WW varies week to week not like they are on forever or get off so never again. 

3 minutes ago, JerseyGirl said:

If Maddie has been on WW, why in the hell is she one of the points?

Wouldn’t be the first to be in WW.

2 minutes ago, Jennv said:

Kashara spent time on WW too 

So did JennK

Sorry but I think Lily is gorgeous just thinner/toned more this year and it shows in her face but still cute.

God forbid she post a pool pic with no makeup or filter and suddenly gets crucified bc we need to pick on somebody for the last cut.

i hope you make it Lily and you look like a baby Jordan Chanley who was a beauty queen. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 12
3 minutes ago, Lexusprincess said:

VK is doing much better this year.  She looks great.  For all who point to her slip and fall at prelims, I just watched show group audition last year and Jalyn landed on her butt at that auction and made show group.  

We've had a lot of vague hints and innuendos.  Time will tell on who goes home.  I am rooting for all of them knowing there will be a cut.  I hope they choose well. Christina has never been my fav but I would hate to see a vet go home the last day.

VK fell out of her turn. That is dancing 101 that she does not grasp, no way should you compare VK’s slip to Jalyn’s fall. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 19

I think Lily is an unfortunate victim of the Texas Blonde Syndrome- over bleached and over tanned. Add that with bad makeup and hair styling and it's tragic. 

Edited by HowdeeDo
  • LOL 2
  • Love 9
10 minutes ago, Jennv said:

Kashara spent time on WW too 

When Kashara first tried out, she was quite a bit heavier, especially in the hip area. You can tell she has the tendency to be overweight if she didn't watch it. I'm sure that was part of her struggle with retiring. It has to be incredibly difficult to keep your weight at a point that isn't natural for you, for that long. Just my guess. 

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, HowdeeDo said:

I think Lily is an unfortunate victim of the Texas Blonde Syndrome- over bleached and over tanned. Add that with bad makeup and hair styling and it's tragic. 

Agreed! I think she’s attractive looking, just needs her look changed up a bit. Figure out the right foundation and what makeup flatters her face. 

But she seems like a really sweet girl, and all the current DCC’s really seem to like her. I’m pulling for her!

• Love 7
10 minutes ago, UnicornKicksBack said:

On target is so vague. Could mean nobody in WW or could mean every single one are and on target to meaning goals. WW varies week to week not like they are on forever or get off so never again. 

Wouldn’t be the first to be in WW.

So did JennK

Sorry but I think Lily is gorgeous just thinner/toned more this year and it shows in her face but still cute.

God forbid she post a pool pic with no makeup or filter and suddenly gets crucified bc we need to pick on somebody for the last cut.

i hope you make it Lily and you look like a baby Jordan Chanley who was a beauty queen. 

I hope Lily makes it as well, and I didn’t mean to be rude about her face. People keep giving her a difficult time and I was trying to explain what it could be. I personally think it’s a makeup thing. If she gets cut again on the last night, Kelli seriously has no soul. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, OopseeDaisy said:

This screams Tara. Her cut was always the most confusing, as they portrayed her as the rock star her rookie year, but then show one clip of her messing up and she's done-zo. 

How many clips have we seen or Christina and Savannah screwing up? Tea. 

Tara’s cut broke my heart the way I saw it it came out of left field she seemed stunned, I was so upset for her & still am she seemed like a doll & a great teammate, sigh... 

• Love 8
9 hours ago, pisces125 said:

It is so sad the retiring vets post doesn't include Gabby. Must be so upsetting to be cut as a vet.

I about died when Selina was cut after two years on the squad.  I get that she struggled with weight but she was a lovely woman, strong dancer, and great ambassador.  She was also well liked in the locker room and didn't seem to get caught up in drama.  I saw her at Orangetheory fitness after she was cut and was just thinking "damn, if this is overweight then we are all doomed."  It bothers me more when it just seems so inconsistent with TPTB on how hard they choose to be on any given person and who they give a "pass" to and who they don't.

Same with Malena.  Based on what I saw on the show last week, she should have not even gone into finals at all.  I mean, memory was her worst issue in TC last year and here she was already effing up the 64 count choreography in semis.   There were other candidates who should have been given a chance at finals.  

I'm a long time reader and just started posting a bit.  One thing I just now realized is that I was an incoming freshman dance major at UNT when Shelly (nee Boston) Bramhall was a senior!  She was in training camp the summer I first met her.  I remember her being a petite, confident, clean dancer.  I always wanted to audition but I'm barely 5 feet tall and several people I knew who were DCCs said my chances of making the team were pretty slim given my lack of height.  

Question:  Has a vet ever come back the next year AFTER being cut at finals or from training camp and re-made the team?  

Edited by DanceProf
  • Love 5
45 minutes ago, tacosandtequila said:

I agree!! But I doubt they would a 3-year as point over 4-5 years!

Why not?  Didn't they do so already?  It shouldn't rely on seniority.  It should have to do with who has strong dance skills in the DCC style and the sparkle to sell it.

• Love 11