Type keyword(s) to search

2019 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp Spoilers

Drogo
  • Start Topic

21 minutes ago, ByTor said:

"Experts" indeed.  I can't believe she has such prominent roots right after getting a color.  I like her "before" picture!

The "before" makes her look 15.  The "after" makes her look 23-24.  How old is she?

7 minutes ago, parrotfeathers said:

I'm going to join the "I don't care who is point" club (even last year I hoped for Gina) and just use my wish time wishing for team announcement.

Speaking of Gina, she just said something about last days of TC - which still tells us nothing:)

I was hoping Amy would be point, so I'm fine with it.  And I like Lexie.  But right now, I am waiting to see how this all went down and how the routine will look.  I mean, it's kind of a done deal.

• Love 3
45 minutes ago, ATLGirl said:

I get the sense Charm is kind of filling that role now. I like NF a lot. He was very positive and encouraging.

My hubby and I were both very happy that Anthony “Access Hollywood” R. is no longer around. I thought he added nothing to the show. 

I like both Nick and Charm. I didn’t care for Anthony Ramos either. I don’t think he knew anything about dance and I agree he added nothing to the show.  It is kind of nice they switch it up and don’t have the same person every year. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Dal8las said:

THE KITTY CARTER/BEYONCE OF THE FORUMS is back, I deleted my other account because I was causing hella drama..my b. BTW SHELLY didnt see you at the Star. Just went up there to see my fam and you were not there sis. 

1. IM sorry but like the hell did Gina Marie make training camp...

2. VK is living, stop hating yall

3. Honestly Kashara saying goodbye was actually the first moment in a long time that she seemed organic. Will miss Yuko/Lacey/Khalyn. Kelly was awkward af. Jessika forgot was still there, just like her speech. Tasha get them babies popping girl. 

4. Charm is my girl, finally someone with actually dance background on the panel. 

5. THE DCC NEEDS A MAJOR OVERHAUL IN DIVERSITY AND DANCE...like they are becoming like Victoria Secret Bland,boring, and basic. 

6. THE DCC style is outdated we need new blood and actually world class dancers...sorry Kelli, but you can't call the DCC the best of the best when you had BREELAN on the squad even for a year. The stepford wife look/vibe has got to go! Its 2020 we want Lizzos and woke T.swifts.

This. Just this. 

Re re so deserved. 

You served.

DRAG EM’ 

Clocking Out 🕰

• LOL 1
5 hours ago, tacosandtequila said:

I agree!! But I doubt they would a 3-year as point over 4-5 years!

Kashara was point her 3rd when Lacey was in her 4th, Jinelle in her 5th and Jenna in her 6th. Seniority definitely did not matter 2 years ago so why now?

Unpopular opinion but I don’t think Gina was robbed at all. I know she’s a great technical dancer and powerful but I think she’s always trying too hard. All her extra “pops” make it look like she’s doing a different move sometimes and I’ve seen her rushing moves in many dances and is off from everyone else. I often find her distracting in a bad way when dancing in a group. I don’t think that’s someone you want as point or in the triangle. I think her place last year or as the back of the diamond would be perfect for her.

I say skip all the upper vets and go straight to 2nd years who draw your attention in a good way. Rotating points between Bridget, Jalyn, Hannah, Ashlee, or Caroline would be way more fun to watch.

• Love 6

THE KITTY CARTER/BEYONCE OF THE FORUMS is back, I deleted my other account because I was causing hella drama..my b. BTW SHELLY didnt see you at the Star. Just went up there to see my fam and you were not there sis. 

3. Honestly Kashara saying goodbye was actually the first moment in a long time that she seemed organic. Will miss Yuko/Lacey/Khalyn. Kelly was awkward af. Jessika forgot was still there, just like her speech. Tasha get them babies popping girl. 

4. Charm is my girl, finally someone with actually dance background on the panel. 

5. THE DCC NEEDS A MAJOR OVERHAUL IN DIVERSITY AND DANCE...like they are becoming like Victoria Secret Bland,boring, and basic. 

6. THE DCC style is outdated we need new blood and actually world class dancers...sorry Kelli, but you can't call the DCC the best of the best when you had BREELAN on the squad even for a year. The stepford wife look/vibe has got to go! Its 2020 we want Lizzos and woke T.swifts.

Lizzo? Bit of a stretch for the DCC uniform...

• Useful 2
  • LOL 4
  • Love 2

Loving all of this. As sweet as Gina Marie seems to be she was in way over her head and should have been cut at finals. But I think they brought her in so she’d come back later when she got herself together. That or they called the wrong Gina and really wanted the Geena that was cut in finals and was gorgeous.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
2 minutes ago, klopie said:

Loving all of this. As sweet as Gina Marie seems to be she was in way over her head and should have been cut at finals. But I think they brought her in so she’d come back later when she got herself together. That or they called the wrong Gina and really wanted the Geena that was cut in finals and was gorgeous.

Hell no! I want a greater range of racial diversity and a *slightly* greater range of size diversity. I want my DCC girls to keep a good attitude. This is a job. Not a personality contest. I expect the girls to be well mannered and respectful. I also expect the girls to be physically fit — not Lizzo big or Taylor Swift thin.

• Love 6

I’m sorry but I don’t want trashy girls with no morals representing this brand. A girl can be sex-positive but the flip side of that is using sex for validation and narcissism... like most men do... like Lizzo does... that’s not positive or enlightened. That’s a mask for insecurity and our young women deserve better role models than that. I like my DCC being good role models for young girls. At least on the surface. I can’t speak for who they are behind closed doors. 

• Love 14

We talk a lot about seniority in terms of years on the team (which is obviously important) but I think we should also consider their actual ages when it comes to who they see as leaders of the team. I mean, Lacey was still one of the youngest on the team in her 5th year as a DCC. But JennK was one of the oldest on the team her rookie year. She was seasoned, with life experience, and a self confidence that only comes with age. She leapfrogged several girls more “senior” than her to become a GL her 3rd year. And Lacey still didn’t seem to I have the full reins of the team in her 5th year like Kash did, who had one year less experience. Perhaps years on the team don’t always necessarily define leadership. 

• Love 15
36 minutes ago, FutureDCC said:

Lizzo? Bit of a stretch for the DCC uniform...

OMG TRU, but big girls can dance and jump split!! The uniforms I know are historical now, but the legit just high end stripper uniforms...lesbbb real.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, HideyYall said:

About WW, I have a friend who is in perfect shape.  She is a lifetime WW member.  Although she looks great, she still goes to weigh in and to meetings because it simply keeps her focused and motivated.  I can't imagine what these girls eat in order to gain any weight.  Can you imagine how many calories they burn in practice each night?  How on Earth would one gain weight burning that many calories??

The mistake may be comparing these women to us mere mortals. They're young and genetically gifted. Most dancers of any ilk have to meet these unreal expectations. I once got to buy a discarded costume from the show A Chorus Line. The costume for the curviest dancer was a size 4/6! And this was the character who sings "T*ts & Ass"

2 hours ago, Dal8las said:

Wow--this forum doesn't deserve you, but it NEEDS you! 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

Random thoughts:

I'm old - I had to look up who Lizzo is.

My home team is the Baltimore Ravens. (I'll have to see if I can spot Yuko when she returns to the U.S. since her intended works for the Orioles.) I love the DCC but never cheer for the Cowboys unless they are playing the Steelers.

Name the freakin' squad already!

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, klopie said:

Kashara was point her 3rd when Lacey was in her 4th, Jinelle in her 5th and Jenna in her 6th. Seniority definitely did not matter 2 years ago so why now?

Unpopular opinion but I don’t think Gina was robbed at all. I know she’s a great technical dancer and powerful but I think she’s always trying too hard. All her extra “pops” make it look like she’s doing a different move sometimes and I’ve seen her rushing moves in many dances and is off from everyone else. I often find her distracting in a bad way when dancing in a group. I don’t think that’s someone you want as point or in the triangle. I think her place last year or as the back of the diamond would be perfect for her.

I say skip all the upper vets and go straight to 2nd years who draw your attention in a good way. Rotating points between Bridget, Jalyn, Hannah, Ashlee, or Caroline would be way more fun to watch.

I know I was hella against Brigette at first, because people on here were legit losing their minds over her...and I was like giphy.gif

But I would totally be down for her or Lexie over Maddie, my gawd that girl's "hip hop" dances make vanilla ice look like Michael Jackson...Im just saying. 

image.png

Edited by Dal8las
  • LOL 4
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, ByTor said:

"Experts" indeed.  I can't believe she has such prominent roots right after getting a color.  I like her "before" picture!

I think Lily would look best as a brunette. I think it would really improve her appearance. 

• Love 3

Cruising Twitter tonight...someone pls remind me how many returning vets?  Also in previous years how long has it normally taken for the new rookie twitters to appear after Squad Announcement?

Edited by DCCFanInKy
clarity

I'm old.  I didn't know who Lizzo was and it hadn't occurred to me to Google her until I read that some of you had done that!  I was going to ask who she was?   She may be a perfectly fine lady, but not a DCC.   

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, Yetta said:

I'm old.  I didn't know who Lizzo was and it hadn't occurred to me to Google her until I read that some of you had done that!  I was going to ask who she was?   She may be a perfectly fine lady, but not a DCC.   

giphy.gif

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, Dal8las said:

4. Charm is my girl, finally someone with actual dance background on the panel. 

6. THE DCC style is outdated we need new blood and actual world class dancers...sorry Kelli, but you can't call the DCC the best of the best when you had BREELAN on the squad even for a year. The stepford wife look/vibe has got to go! Its 2020 we want Lizzos and woke T.swifts.

👋🏼👋🏼👋🏼...I’ll be there Thursday and Friday next week, come by then!! 

• LOL 3
  • Love 8
10 hours ago, HideyYall said:

If this is the case, then the "snarky" theory about Lily is false.  To me that would prove that she is incredibly likable.  Otherwise, she would not be accepted into the group.  I mean, we don't see any pics of Victoria with the team outside of training camp.

I am on the record several pages back that this “snarky lily” theory is implausible. No offense to these lovely women, but these are not deep thinkers. They like people that smile a lot, craft, praise Jesus and give gifts for it being Tuesday.  

7 hours ago, GeorgiaPeach11 said:

WTH.. WHAT DOES MOLLY'S IG STORY MEAN THAT SHE POSTED 2 HOURS AGO; "It says, The 5 stages of grief, currently entering Stage 1 Denial. Then she thanks DCCheerleaders.

That was soooo confusing!!! 

3 hours ago, RockYou said:

Sending out some POSITIVE Kristen **the best new ambassador rookie with reliability and pro  experience , beauty, humbleness and gracious ** vibes. 

She will make this rookie team shine a bit brighter

Nope. She’s borrring!!!

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, GeorgiaPeach11 said:

WTH.. WHAT DOES MOLLY'S IG STORY MEAN THAT SHE POSTED 2 HOURS AGO; "It says, The 5 stages of grief, currently entering Stage 1 Denial. Then she thanks DCCheerleaders.

I was gonna ask for a link to that then I found it.  Can we post links to insta here?  She's not private.  I didn't get good vibes from that post.....

Edited by DCCFanInKy
changed some wording
1 hour ago, loveanddcc said:

Hell no! I want a greater range of racial diversity and a *slightly* greater range of size diversity. I want my DCC girls to keep a good attitude. This is a job. Not a personality contest. I expect the girls to be well mannered and respectful. I also expect the girls to be physically fit — not Lizzo big or Taylor Swift thin.

Seriously, this is not about the average girl who eats Doritoes and milkshakes on the daily.  This is about a disciplined, fit, skilled, educated girl.  Racial diversity is boring to me.  How about recognizing the most skilled regardless of whatever the hell color they are?

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, DCCFanInKy said:

They need to announce the flippin team already.  Btwn waiting for that and my stupid cold I'm having a rough night!!!!

They will announce when they are ready to and I’m sorry your having a rough night with your cold 

Edited by Holly85
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, Holly85 said:

They will announce when they are ready to and I’m sorry your having a rough night with your cold 

Yeah I know 🙂 It just seems like it's taking longer than usual this year.  I need to just inhale some cold med, locate my pup and crash.  Have a good night!

12 hours ago, Weeklydcc said:

It's great that so many fans of other teams are DCC and MTT fans.  I don't think I could do that, though.  I'm an old timer.  This is year 41 of my Cowboys fandom and I've loved the DCC equally as much as the team the whole time.  Watching another squad would be blasphemy.  Kudos to those who can put their love for another team aside and just enjoy the show.

Go Pats 😜 

11 hours ago, Lolfordays said:

Amen. 

If We are to believe Kelli is as good at her job as they tell us she is, she can evaluate and have a roster of 36 after a week, two maybe.

This last cut will not impact what any fan/consumer experiences on game day. It will not make or break anything but the show.

And the show is what it is really about now, not the product on the field. 

Ehhhh...that may be stretching reality a little too much. 

11 hours ago, tacosandtequila said:

My way of looking at it..if they had to choose Maddie and Amy- but are good dancers (but not amazing) and are pretty (but not stunning or really glamorous). They can’t choose Gina to be a part of the triangle because she would out-dance both of them; the three of them would not mesh well. Lexie is beautiful, a great dancer, and meshes better with them...more balanced. The triangle would be off-balanced with 1 amazing dancer and 2 “good” dancers 

Holy my taco, did you say Lexie is in the triangle with Amy and Maddie, but Gina isn't? What in holy guacamole is Ked & Jud smoking and is it legal? They should bottle that shit quick because they're higher than Rachel W's tanning bill. 

Like, truly, is this opposite season where the worst get kept and the best get cut? I don't even like Gina and her annoying vocal fry and even I can see that she outdances every single dancer in that room. Even my beloved Bridget and Erin. 

Insiders, what did Gina do? And don't tell me she got outdanced because that isn't possible, so what was it? Sneaking Vikkie milkshakes on the DL? Kicked Ked's cat? Did they mistake her for Dayton? Was she banging a football player? WHAT WAS IT? Because there is no way this is about dance...none. 

If you claim to be the best, then be the fucking best---not some hap-hazard sorority traveling dress ya ya hood where seniority trumps talent and the best are hidden. 

11 hours ago, HideyYall said:

If this is the case, then the "snarky" theory about Lily is false.  To me that would prove that she is incredibly likable.  Otherwise, she would not be accepted into the group.  I mean, we don't see any pics of Victoria with the team outside of training camp.

Only with Sam Fin and Char's daughter who I haven't bothered to learn the name of. No one likes Vikkie, she just can't take a hint. 

• LOL 9
  • Love 9
3 minutes ago, Loves2Dance said:

Go Pats 😜 

Ehhhh...that may be stretching reality a little too much. 

Holy my taco, did you say Lexie is in the triangle with Amy and Maddie, but Gina isn't? What in holy guacamole is Ked & Jud smoking and is it legal? They should bottle that shit quick because they're higher than Rachel W's tanning bill. 

Like, truly, is this opposite season where the worst get kept and the best get cut? I don't even like Gina and her annoying vocal fry and even I can see that she outdances every single dancer in that room. Even my beloved Bridget and Erin. 

Insiders, what did Gina do? And don't tell me she got outdanced because that isn't possible, so what was it? Sneaking Vikkie milkshakes on the DL? Kicked Ked's cat? Did they mistake her for Dayton? Was she banging a football player? WHAT WAS IT? Because there is no way this is about dance...none. 

If you claim to be the best, then be the fucking best---not some hap-hazard sorority traveling dress ya ya hood where seniority trumps talent and the best are hidden. 

Only with Sam Fin and Char's daughter who I haven't bothered to learn the name of. No one likes Vikkie, she just can't take a hint. 

Well, she is in , whether the team likes it or not.

2 minutes ago, HideyYall said:

Well, she is in , whether the team likes it or not.

Doesn't mean she'll be well liked. 

How much is it going to suck to know the ladies in the room are only being nice to you because they're scared you'll run to Auntie Kelli about them and breathe a sigh of relief once you're gone?

Being at the party, while not being wanted at the party, is such a sucky feeling. If only Vikkie could read a room...

• Love 22
3 minutes ago, Loves2Dance said:

Doesn't mean she'll be well liked. 

How much is it going to suck to know the ladies in the room are only being nice to you because they're scared you'll run to Auntie Kelli about them and breathe a sigh of relief once you're gone?

Being at the party, while not being wanted at the party, is such a sucky feeling. If only Vikkie could read a room...

I could see them going to places that are 21 and up just so they don’t have to invite her lol 

• LOL 13
  • Love 7
On 8/13/2019 at 1:59 AM, Agent Gully said:

Diversity is more than race, it is a range of looks, heights, and shapes. Each girl on the team or trying out brings both pros and cons to the table. 

Each of us has a favorite that we find something in that we relate to, think is stunning, etc. And for each of those favorites, someone else finds them unattractive, untalented, etc.  Simply human nature.

No one on the team or trying out is going to cause small children and animals to flee in terror due to their physical appearance. The rest is just personal preference.

This is DCC though. I know what true diversity means, but come in now we all know full and well that DCC will never embrace diversity.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, PrincessLeia said:

I hope Lily makes it as well, and I didn’t mean to be rude about her face. People keep giving her a difficult time and I was trying to explain what it could be. I personally think it’s a makeup thing. If she gets cut again on the last night, Kelli seriously has no soul. 

Even if they don't cut Lily on the final night, Kelli still hasn't had a soul in quite a few years. 

5 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

I could see them going to places that are 21 and up just so they don’t have to invite her lol 

They should take your advice. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
3 minutes ago, Iluvbusta said:

This is DCC though. I know what true diversity means, but come in now we all know full and well that DCC will never embrace diversity.

My response was specifically to the person who said RACIAL diversity.  No reason a person more talented should be shut down because of the color off their skin simply because of an attempt to represent a color.  May the best girl win regardless of what their skin color is.

• Love 9
5 hours ago, FutureDCC said:

Is anyone actually going to miss Jessika? 

I'm going to miss wondering why she continued to make it back even though she bombed every panel interview we ever saw her in. She was nothing if not consistent in that arena. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 9
5 hours ago, HideyYall said:

About WW, I have a friend who is in perfect shape.  She is a lifetime WW member.  Although she looks great, she still goes to weigh in and to meetings because it simply keeps her focused and motivated.  I can't imagine what these girls eat in order to gain any weight.  Can you imagine how many calories they burn in practice each night?  How on Earth would one gain weight burning that many calories??

Vikkie could answer that for you. It's mostly milkshakes and burgers, oh and she loves cake. Remember, despite the rigor of TC, she put on 13 lbs in a single summer. 

• Love 6

Arghhh hurry up and announce the team! The best thing about being here in Aus is that you guys are something like 20 hours behind so I don't have to stay up all night refreshing the boards waiting for the boards to update with that magical 'The team has been announced!' post. 

Does anyone know if cameras are actually there tonight? Or are we looking at tomorrow being the announcement? 

10 minutes ago, HideyYall said:

My response was specifically to the person who said RACIAL diversity.  No reason a person more talented should be shut down because of the color off their skin simply because of an attempt to represent a color.  May the best girl win regardless of what their skin color is.

This may seem true and fair, but if they want to brand themselves as role models then they need to consider racial diversity when selecting a team. If they want to inspire young girls to get into dance class, follow their dreams, aim big and aspire to be them aka spend money on their merch, come to their meet n greets and try to attend their performances...then they need to make more effort to actually look like their customer base. 

That is why racial diversity matters. 

But, it's the DCC, it's Texas and it's the Jones family so it'll go ignored, but it really shouldn't. 

• Love 17
4 minutes ago, Loves2Dance said:

This may seem true and fair, but if they want to brand themselves as role models then they need to consider racial diversity when selecting a team. If they want to inspire young girls to get into dance class, follow their dreams, aim big and aspire to be them aka spend money on their merch, come to their meet n greets and try to attend their performances...then they need to make more effort to actually look like their customer base. 

That is why racial diversity matters. 

But, it's the DCC, it's Texas and it's the Jones family so it'll go ignored, but it really shouldn't. 

so don't pick the best?