Type keyword(s) to search

2019 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp Spoilers

Drogo
  • Start Topic

5 minutes ago, SmpIsimon said:

I wish I could post things without folks immediately asking Shelly to confirm.  I'm sure it's not meant to be rude, but it makes me reluctant to post.

I know right for real I appreciate what you put out there 

Edited by Holly85
  • Love 19
2 hours ago, go4luca said:

She definitely looks better. But I still say lots of Photoshop was in play.  If you know the program, you know what it can do.

maddie swim 1.jpg..jpg

mads swsim 2.jpg..jpg

I didn’t care for the photoshopping they did with the top  photo. Her face looks fake like a Barbie doll. 

• Love 1
33 minutes ago, SmpIsimon said:

From what I've been told, there is no practice tonight.

I hope whoever gave you that news is playing word games...as in there's no practice tonight, it's this afternoon!  🙂 

• LOL 8
5 minutes ago, SmpIsimon said:

I wish I could post things without folks immediately asking Shelly to confirm.  I'm sure it's not meant to be rude, but it makes me reluctant to post.

I appreciate you and have for years on these forums (formerly DCCFan71) so I have been around a long time and you have never posted anything that was not true. So, please keep posting.

Do you think the team has already been announced/decided and that's why they are not practicing?

Edited by GeorgiaPeach11
  • LOL 1
  • Love 13
Just now, GeorgiaPeach11 said:

I appreciate you and have for years on these forums (formerly DCCFan71) so I have been around a long time and you have never posted anything that was not true. So, please keep posting,

Do you think the team has already been announced/decided and that's why they are not practicing?

I'm thinking no, that it'll probably be tomorrow now -- but that's just a guess.  I don't know for sure, sorry.

• Useful 2
  • Love 11
9 minutes ago, SmpIsimon said:

Especially because more than once Shelley has just spewed the party line that turns out to be not true!

• Love 12
7 minutes ago, GeorgiaPeach11 said:

Quite possibly.  And with a gag order on the girls to keep it on the down low. (again just speculation)

• Love 1
16 minutes ago, SmpIsimon said:

🙂 You've been spot on in everything you have posted and i appreciate the information you share with us.

• Love 14
21 minutes ago, SmpIsimon said:

I also appreciate your posts and often feel like we're on the same page... :-)

• Love 5
18 minutes ago, SmpIsimon said:

Please try not to take it personally.  Lots of people post without reading the previous pages to see the same thing has been asked/answered/confirmed/debunked a dozen times before?!   

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, ClosetDCCFan said:

Please try not to take it personally.  Lots of people post without reading the previous pages to see the same thing has been asked/answered/confirmed/debunked a dozen times before?!   

It's fine, I was being a little grumpy -- apologies to the board!

• Love 16
1 minute ago, SmpIsimon said:

It's fine, I was being a little grumpy -- apologies to the board!

No apologies necessary.  It happens to the best of us.  Welcome to the human race! 😉

• Love 7

Ok as someone who has been quite openly anti-Gina for point, i owe her an apology. I understand why they chose not to have her in the triangle-watch the Oxnard clip and it’s pretty obvious she looks out of place next to Maddie and Amy. Problem is, she looks out of place because she’s stronger than both of them. Plus, my main argument against was that I consider her unphotogenic but yeah, she still photographs better than both points. I hope she retires this year because honestly, if she didn’t get into this year’s triangle, no way she will next year when all current 2nd years will be up for point/triangle. Best case scenario she will have the exact same spot she had last year, so what’s the point for her?

That being said, why did they pick Lexie over Heather? Heather is more senior, more natural looking, a GL and much more powerful than Lexie.

• Love 22
3 minutes ago, DCCFanInKy said:

I think this post is what has everyone "on edge" about "insider info.

Not sure why you quoted me but my reply had nothing to do with what you linked to.  My reply had to do with being a human being and how any of us have had grumpy pants days.

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, SmpIsimon said:

I wouldn't count out Heather.  From what I understand, they not only rotate points between Maddie and Amy, but a few others move around in the triangle as well.  I'm not sure how many as I don't have the specifics (sorry!) but it wouldn't surprise me if Heather is up during the second half of TS.

I wonder if they are trying to reign in the diva by doing that. If you have 6 people with more prominence then it's not as impressive than the one that's front and center. 

Edited by Shady580
Typo
  • Useful 2
5 minutes ago, dreamcatcher said:

That being said, why did they pick Lexie over Heather? Heather is more senior, more natural looking, a GL and much more powerful than Lexie.

Although I find Heather to come across as a lovely person AND I'm sure K&J could care less of who I think should be point (why should they, LOL?), but I don't think it should be just because of seniority.  I think it should come down to being a strong, highly photogenic dancer with that special "IT" factor.

• Love 7
17 minutes ago, go4luca said:

Not sure why you quoted me but my reply had nothing to do with what you linked to.  My reply had to do with being a human being and how any of us have had grumpy pants days.

Whooops I didn't mean to quote you....board has gremlins

• LOL 5
12 minutes ago, go4luca said:

Although I find Heather to come across as a lovely person AND I'm sure K&J could care less of who I think should be point (why should they, LOL?), but I don't think it should be just because of seniority.  I think it should come down to being a strong, highly photogenic dancer with that special "IT" factor.

Agreed. Certainly if the best dancers are 4 and 5 year girls, then by all means put them in front, but otherwise, nope. In many years, the senior girls have been among the best dancers. Last year, Kashara and Lacey were among the strongest dancers, so it made sense that they were upfront. When Jennifer was point, there were 3 five-year girls on the team (Jenna, Danielle, and Jessica). Jenna was the only one of that group who was a top 5 dancer on the team, so she was the only one of them in the triangle. Ally (who was actually a great dancer) never made point, presumably bc of her look. Same for Jinelle. This “put the most senior girls up front no matter what” plan seems new. They’ve certainly not had a problem hiding senior vets in the past.

• Love 6
18 minutes ago, go4luca said:

In general I agree, but in this case I just think that seniority is another plus in Heather’s column. And they did seem to go with seniority for point, so it would make sense to do the same for the 3rd person.

• Love 5
1 minute ago, dreamcatcher said:

In general I agree, but in this case I just think that seniority is another plus in Heather’s column. And they did seem to go with seniority for point, so it would make sense to do the same for the 3rd person.

I hear you.  No clue what TPTB were thinking.  But I still feel they caved.  There are so many better options than what they went with.  They aren't stupid.  They must know this.

• Love 5
1 minute ago, Jennv said:

I’m confused as to why they are dragging out cutting one more girl. It shouldn’t be that hard that they need extra days off to decide. 

Like I said upthread (or somewhere else on here today- it's all running together) I bet they've already announced the team and have a gag order on the ladies until they want it publicly known. (just speculation)

• Love 12
1 minute ago, Jennv said:

I’m confused as to why they are dragging out cutting one more girl. It shouldn’t be that hard that they need extra days off to decide. 

Unless they are genuinely thinking they might take 37, and the extra "off" time will give the girl(s) on the bubble time to refine whatever it is she needs to work on, I find this to be torturous for those girls who know they aren't secure (which from what it sounds like, there could be several in that category).

• Love 3
16 hours ago, Pau84 said:

Kat can kick. Sky high. She got a bad edit.

AE159B48-3056-430A-AB3C-23C0748C6073.thumb.jpeg.f8321cb6ec058965c38f87eb6a06669e.jpeg

This might go to stamina....this is teaching the kickline before showing it to the judges...by the time the judges see it there is the 8-8 count routine then the kickline....Kat brings it here, but an hour later after practicing then performing, she was out of kicking steam to get them up....

• Love 1

Why would they not have practice last night and/or tonight?  I don't think I've ever seen them not have practice like this so close to the end of training camp/the opening preseason game.  Too weird. 

• Love 7
6 minutes ago, ClosetDCCFan said:

Unless they are genuinely thinking they might take 37, and the extra "off" time will give the girl(s) on the bubble time to refine whatever it is she needs to work on, I find this to be torturous for those girls who know they aren't secure (which from what it sounds like, there could be several in that category).

Don't think they'd take 37.  That might be an odd # to make formations with.  I bet they're gonna go with 39 (again just my very uneducated guess).

2 minutes ago, DanceProf said:

Why would they not have practice last night and/or tonight?  I don't think I've ever seen them not have practice like this so close to the end of training camp/the opening preseason game.  Too weird. 

I would be a wreck if I were a rookie. Like seriously, here take the weekend plus another two days, then  come back and we will decide. Why leave people hanging like that? It’s just mean

• Love 13
3 minutes ago, CrazyMoon said:

This might go to stamina....this is teaching the kickline before showing it to the judges...by the time the judges see it there is the 8-8 count routine then the kickline....Kat brings it here, but an hour later after practicing then performing, she was out of kicking steam to get them up....

They probably teach it that way on purpose to see who has the stamina to keep kicking/practicing so they can see who can keep up with a game.  I bet that's also why they have such long practices at night.

1 minute ago, DCCFanInKy said:

Don't think they'd take 37.  That might be an odd # to make formations with.  I bet they're gonna go with 39 (again just my very uneducated guess).

They don’t have 39 people left. Julia posted she was cut, confirming what simon told us.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, dreamcatcher said:

Ok as someone who has been quite openly anti-Gina for point, i owe her an apology. I understand why they chose not to have her in the triangle-watch the Oxnard clip and it’s pretty obvious she looks out of place next to Maddie and Amy. Problem is, she looks out of place because she’s stronger than both of them. Plus, my main argument against was that I consider her unphotogenic but yeah, she still photographs better than both points. I hope she retires this year because honestly, if she didn’t get into this year’s triangle, no way she will next year when all current 2nd years will be up for point/triangle. Best case scenario she will have the exact same spot she had last year, so what’s the point for her?

I wasn't a fan of Gina, Tahsa, Savanna, or Kelli's looks

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, SingleMom9 said:

Maybe the last cut is Lisa and they didn’t want to do it on her birthday. Lol.  

I still think it’s gonna be a brunette.  Lisa, Meredith or Kristin but I think y’all know which is my choice.

I don’t think if they cared if it was her birthday or not !! 

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
15 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

It's funny how other forums think - FB thinks Victoria is "borderline too thin" and that we came up with Veruca cause of our "unattractive jealousy" due to trying out and not making it.

That’s fall back BS. Gina tried that when confronted about her “attitude”.  

When a female falls back on “oh they’re just jealous” it’s an easy way to not take responsibility for your behavior. 

TBTB have created a false narrative to make VK feel better and to protect her. 

Edited by Dnst1973
Spelling
  • Love 8
17 minutes ago, tacosandtequila said:

I would cut Victoria, because i know Lisa personally and know she is a wonderful person. Because the show hasn’t really mentioned her much, I’ll say a few things. She has flawless technique (turns, leaps, etc)., and Showmanship. She Is brilliant (4.0 GPA as a biochem major), and is pursuing a career as a PA. She has a heart of gold, and loves mission trips.  She is the type of person that would reach out to you during times of need, even if she hasn’t talked to you in 10 years. 

I would cut Victoria as well 

• Love 11