Type keyword(s) to search

2019 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp Spoilers

Drogo
  • Start Topic

2 hours ago, CrazyMoon said:

This might go to stamina....this is teaching the kickline before showing it to the judges...by the time the judges see it there is the 8-8 count routine then the kickline....Kat brings it here, but an hour later after practicing then performing, she was out of kicking steam to get them up....

I agree with your point. Stamina was the issue later on.

Not that TCC Kat Puryear doesn’t have the flexibility, like TCC Taylor “I’m Barbie not Gumby”, or DCC Mackenzie Weeks, whom I intensely liked.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, bupbupbip said:

Gina was robbed, period.

Jalyn did not deserve to be out of SG.

Gabby did not deserve to be out of TC.

I cannot agree with these two statements more.

Knowing that Gabby isn't going to be there this season while, in my opinion at the very least, there are TC candidates that are weaker than her in looks, personality AND dance is incredibly disappointing to me.

And well, the fact that Victoria is on SG while Jalyn isn't speaks volumes so I don't think I need to go on a rant about that.

But guys! Remember when Gina was seen as "arrogant" and "annoying"? My, how times files!

😂

Edited by Lona
  • LOL 1
  • Love 12
2 hours ago, SanDiegoGal said:

Agreed 100%. They can make it easy by starting their decision-making process with anyone who falls out of turns. There. Done. Decision made.

I agree they should cut Veruca.  Oh wait.  I read "fall out of turns" and just assumed we were all talking about VK.  

• LOL 11
  • Love 2

I don’t post much because everything has been talked out by the time morning comes for me, and invariably someone has already said exactly what I would have. So, sorry to be late on the hashing out of this but, from the Aussie contingent -

@SmpIsimon thanks for all your posts, you da real MVP!

Edited by Pinknblue
  • Love 15

Kelli LOVES a tall girl with long dark hair and blue eyes -- TCC Meredith, Kelsey Lowrance, Natalie Woods. I'm sure there are others I'm missing. It's why she hung on to stiff robotic Ashley Paige from the KC Chiefs for far too long.  

Edited by Nancybeth
3 minutes ago, Nancybeth said:

Kelli LOVES a tall girl with long dark hair and blue eyes -- TCC Meredith, Kelsey Lowrance, Natalie Woods. I'm sure there are others I'm missing. It's why she hung on to stiff robotic Ashley Paige from the KC Chiefs for far too long.  

She treated Ashley like crap, though.  I could tell she really wanted to be a DCC, but yeah, she was stiff. 

• Love 6

I am so confused why they would (potentially) not have practice two nights in a row at the end of training camp. If the final decision is so hard to make, wouldn't they want more time with the girls as opposed to less?

I also cant help but wonder - when / if the new squad is officially announced to the ladies, will we actually know about it? Or will they maintain that cone of silence that seems to have been prevalent all TC?

Edited by onthebubble
Edited my bad spelling!
  • Love 3
8 minutes ago, Nancybeth said:

ballet brianna!

• Love 6
1 minute ago, Weeklydcc said:

She treated Ashley like crap, though.  I could tell she really wanted to be a DCC, but yeah, she was stiff. 

I actually think the real issue -- and it's hard to tell a woman this to her face -- is that she had no sex appeal. She was pretty but she wasn't sexy or even sexy-cute. 

• Love 4
8 hours ago, LynneH said:

Yet, the way I see it; the body on the right appears more "natural".  Whereas when I look at the body on the left I see an anorexic and unnatural/plastic/surgically enhanced body. 

I like the body on the left personally if I had to chose one for my permanent body ;).  She doesn’t look anorexic or fake to me at all - she looks great and fit.    Maddie - she doesn’t have a good shape and isn’t even fit.  She’s what?  20?   And she’s on a squad of pro dancers who are supposed to be attractive and appealing to look at?  Just doesn’t look like a DCC at all.

• Love 9
2 hours ago, tacosandtequila said:

I would cut Victoria, because i know Lisa personally and know she is a wonderful person. Because the show hasn’t really mentioned her much, I’ll say a few things. She has flawless technique (turns, leaps, etc)., and Showmanship. She Is brilliant (4.0 GPA as a biochem major), and is pursuing a career as a PA. She has a heart of gold, and loves mission trips.  She is the type of person that would reach out to you during times of need, even if she hasn’t talked to you in 10 years. 

Thanks for sharing this but for the record, you had me at ‘turns’.

• LOL 8
  • Love 2
6 minutes ago, dreamcatcher said:

Thanks for sharing this but for the record, you had me at ‘turns’.

meh..pirouettes, fouettes, etc. "Turn" is a nice, broad classification.  Encompasses many terms.

Edited by tacosandtequila
needed to fix
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1
On 8/13/2019 at 12:55 AM, Squeek said:

I find it interesting how every year and especially this year we kept hearing "This is the most talented group we've ever had." and now it's "Wow they suck."  It's went down from 600+ to 150, in a couple years I'll be able to roll out there in my wheelchair and make TC because so few will audition.  This isn't what it used to be and it's sad.

Well the DCC organization has no one to blame but themselves for that. Since I've watched this show I've learned that for all their gushing about sisterhood, teammates for life and churning out strong, independent women, there's a fair amount of judgement, cattiness and hypocrisy. And not just between the cheerleaders, but from TPTB, who, while they may claim that the organization is modern & woke, doesn't seem that far removed from values & attitudes that shaped the 50s. That could be a turn off to a lot of young woman.

You also have to consider that pay might have something to do with it. After Ericka spilled the beans about how little the cheerleaders make, that had to have dimmed the appeal a bit. I mean to work so hard & put your body through all that dancing, coupled with the long hours only to learn that the Mascot makes more & that some of them can't make rent on their own....that would certainly make me think twice about trying out. I think the show really pulled back the curtain on how things are run there & it could very well be that once people really started following the show & seeing what actually goes down, some up & coming dancers were probably like "eh maybe I don't want to put myself through that."

Edited by Bellisima08
  • Love 11

Can anyone tell me who these two women are?  They didn't make it to TC but I find them both to be very pretty so I'm curious. 

TIA for any help!

DSC_7078.jpg

DSC_7185.jpg

Edited by go4luca
grammar
  • Love 4
5 minutes ago, go4luca said:

Can anyone tell me who these two women are?  They didn't make it to TC but I find them both to be very pretty so am curious. 

TIA for any help!

DSC_7078.jpg

DSC_7185.jpg

The top woman is stunning!!! Even prettier than Kat. 

• Love 17
5 minutes ago, go4luca said:

Can anyone tell me who these two women are?  They didn't make it to TC but I find them both to be very pretty so am curious. 

Was it sleepyjean who posted pics of finalists we didn't know and Shelly B gave names??  Of course, it's probably back 100 pages:/

3 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

Was it sleepyjean who posted pics of finalists we didn't know and Shelly B gave names??  Of course, it's probably back 100 pages:/

Possibly!  

Hey @sleepyjean or @ShellyB - if you happen to pop by, do you by chance know who the two lovely ladies are that I posted above?

5 minutes ago, AAT said:

The top woman is stunning!!! Even prettier than Kat. 

I agree.  She is absolutely beautiful.  I wonder what didn't work out for her but would have loved seeing another WOC make TC and the team.

• Love 4
18 minutes ago, go4luca said:

Can anyone tell me who these two women are?  They didn't make it to TC but I find them both to be very pretty so I'm curious. 

TIA for any help!

DSC_7078.jpg

DSC_7185.jpg

The top girl is DMD Katelyn.  I am still wondering why they didn't take her to TC.  

• Love 9
On 8/4/2019 at 1:13 PM, sleepyjean said:

Hey ladies! Tootie, I just sent you my list, but thought it might be helpful to post the pics here of the ones I'm still missing so we can compare notes. I have everyone except these 7:

#71479664630_7DCC-Finals-Solos-2-44.thumb.jpg.e7f1c39ca6c28d3f859f8a73b4cae4c6.jpg

1144101304_39DCCfinalsecgwwjwpyrohvql2lgmk.thumb.jpg.2be23df8a0f42d574cd3750f1fae1a60.jpg

#4772442369_47DCC-Finals-Solos-62.thumb.jpg.0398c0a75f23c399e0844a514508b1a8.jpg

2146104996_60DCC-Finals-Solos-96.thumb.jpg.9348ad13f5921eca8fe36b3cec086a8c.jpg

2060908148_65DCC-Finals-Solos-102.thumb.jpg.ebdc3cf0624e8f963dcf746dc2d2f033.jpg

532922617_34xgxgjwinth8akb4uqkrn.thumb.jpg.94094895c41d64eb58873f50f1a4aefc.jpg

2080438518_73DCC-Finals-Solos-122.thumb.jpg.80729c9129e76db7524e848da4923912.jpg

• Love 2
On 8/12/2019 at 6:35 PM, Jennv said:

I know she is very well liked, but Meredith Oden is my vote for least attractive Dcc ever. That girl has a face for radio

I have met Meredith and not just at a meet and greet. She is stunning in person to say nothing about how photogenic she is. And her personality is fabulous. Zero drama, a team player, and funny to boot. I realize everyone has their favorites. But she is one of my all time favorites. She is kind and really went out of her way to spend time with me. 

• Love 20
19 minutes ago, Louimo2005 said:

I have met Meredith and not just at a meet and greet. She is stunning in person to say nothing about how photogenic she is. And her personality is fabulous. Zero drama, a team player, and funny to boot. I realize everyone has their favorites. But she is one of my all time favorites. She is kind and really went out of her way to spend time with me. 

Now I’ll be mad if they cut her. 🤣

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Nancybeth said:

I actually think the real issue -- and it's hard to tell a woman this to her face -- is that she had no sex appeal. She was pretty but she wasn't sexy or even sexy-cute. 

Here’s the deal about Ashley Paige. She used to be a technical recruiter in Kansas City (after DCC auditions). Kelli had alluded there was something off and perhaps unfriendly about her personality, and Kelli just went with her intuition. Kelli was 100 percent correct. Ashley called me for a job, had me drive to her office 45 minutes away because she had an “exclusive.” I get the office; she tells me in person about the job, and turns out I had already applied - she threw a fit in front of me because obviously she had been caught lying because another firm submitted me. She literally threw a tantrum, and her coworker tried to smooth it over. Next time he company called me, they told me she moved to Europe. So bottom line, she was unethical and spoiled. Not positive energy, DCC spirit. And Kelli caught on.

• Useful 3
  • Love 1
6 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

Well, that would be an interesting "turn" of events:)

A local reporter who wrote an article on DCC tryouts wrote that no one who was cut last year and tried out again made it. So that means no VK. 

Just now, Dallasfan said:

A local reporter who wrote an article on DCC tryouts wrote that no one who was cut last year and tried out again made it. So that means no VK. 

But she made SG... so...

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, Dallasfan said:

Sounds like this reporter was smoking some of the wild wood weed.

Edited by go4luca
  • LOL 22
3 minutes ago, Dallasfan said:

If I am understanding this correctly, that means no Lily or Kristen either.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, go4luca said:

TIA for any help!

DSC_7078.jpg

DSC_7185.jpg

Top one is DMD Katelynn and the bottom one is "Aubrey"... I don't know her last name, she's one that @sleepyjean and I are trying to figure out.

P.S. I'm working on that other request  🙂

• Love 4
Just now, onthebubble said:

I am Team Kirsten. If they cut her, I will riot. 

Well, like @go4luca said above, sounds like the reporter is smoking something.  Everything we've heard from TC this year about Kristen has been positive.  And yes, if she is cut, I will be right there with you!!!!

• Love 3
Just now, Tootie said:

Top one is DMD Katelynn and the bottom one is "Aubrey"... I don't know her last name, she's one that @sleepyjean and I are trying to figure out.

P.S. I'm working on that other request  🙂

Thanks Lady!  

Re: the request - you are my newest Wonder Woman! 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, DanceProf said:

Why would they not have practice last night and/or tonight?  I don't think I've ever seen them not have practice like this so close to the end of training camp/the opening preseason game.  Too weird. 

They are always complaining toward the end of camp how little time they have to get ready for their first game on the field. It IS weird. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, scorpio1031 said:
On 8/4/2019 at 3:13 PM, sleepyjean said:

Hey ladies! Tootie, I just sent you my list, but thought it might be helpful to post the pics here of the ones I'm still missing so we can compare notes. I have everyone except these 7:

#71479664630_7DCC-Finals-Solos-2-44.thumb.jpg.e7f1c39ca6c28d3f859f8a73b4cae4c6.jpg

1144101304_39DCCfinalsecgwwjwpyrohvql2lgmk.thumb.jpg.2be23df8a0f42d574cd3750f1fae1a60.jpg

#4772442369_47DCC-Finals-Solos-62.thumb.jpg.0398c0a75f23c399e0844a514508b1a8.jpg

2146104996_60DCC-Finals-Solos-96.thumb.jpg.9348ad13f5921eca8fe36b3cec086a8c.jpg

2060908148_65DCC-Finals-Solos-102.thumb.jpg.ebdc3cf0624e8f963dcf746dc2d2f033.jpg

532922617_34xgxgjwinth8akb4uqkrn.thumb.jpg.94094895c41d64eb58873f50f1a4aefc.jpg

2080438518_73DCC-Finals-Solos-122.thumb.jpg.80729c9129e76db7524e848da4923912.jpg

7 Jasmine ?

39 Cailey ?

47 Keshia Agazuma-Johnson

60 Tiara Johnson

65 Angela ?

72 Kasey Pollett

73 Aubrey ?

• Useful 1

Here’s what probably happened...Kelli caught the “leaker or leakers” for this board & is punishing us...making some (or all) of us grumpy pants (now...grumpy pants is NOT directed at anyone in particular...it was used earlier & I liked it...)

Where was I?!?!

The Team has already been announced & they’re all enjoying seeing us going crazy for even a smidge of info...

I for one tried my darnedest to stay away, but here I am...

🎶You’re a Mean One, Mrs (Kelli) Grinch🎶

• LOL 7
12 minutes ago, onthebubble said:

I am Team Kirsten. If they cut her, I will riot. 

ME TOO!!! (Taylor? Care to comment?!?)

Someone much earlier mentioned tar & feathers...

I will lead said riot!!!

2 hours ago, onthebubble said:

I am so confused why they would (potentially) not have practice two nights in a row at the end of training camp. If the final decision is so hard to make, wouldn't they want more time with the girls as opposed to less?

I also cant help but wonder - when / if the new squad is officially announced to the ladies, will we actually know about it? Or will they maintain that cone of silence that seems to have been prevalent all TC?

I’m not picking on you because I know you meant to type “code” and not “cone”, but I immediately got a mental picture of all the TCCs walking around the Star wearing those plastic dog cones and not talking to each other, bumping into walls. 😆😆

• LOL 7
  • Love 2
12 hours ago, ClosetDCCFan said:

I’m remembering back to one of the very first MTT seasons where the vets were grumbling that they weren’t in better positions (I can’t remember if it was the triangle or in the sideline formations), and they got chewed out by Judy and Kelli that their seniority didn’t buy them a good spot.  Am I remembering that correctly?  

I think you're referring to the 2 hour special where someone had asked them whether there would be vets dancing in the back row and Judy was telling them to count whether they could fit all the vets in the front row and Kelli was telling them to count their lucky stars.

1 minute ago, ATLGirl said:

I’m not picking on you because I know you meant to type “code” and not “cone”, but I immediately got a mental picture of all the TCCs walking around the Star wearing those plastic dog cones and not talking to each other, bumping into walls. 😆😆

😂😂 Well this is awkward because I did mean to type 'cone' of silence. Maybe it's an aussie thing - I always say cone of silence over code of silence lol. But all the same I did enjoy the mental imagery of the TCCs in dog cones lol

• LOL 7
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, onthebubble said:

😂😂 Well this is awkward because I did mean to type 'cone' of silence. Maybe it's an aussie thing - I always say cone of silence over code of silence lol. But all the same I did enjoy the mental imagery of the TCCs in dog cones lol

Cone of Silence is an awesome line from the movie Twister 🙂

• Love 3