Type keyword(s) to search

2019 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp Spoilers

Drogo
  • Start Topic

8 hours ago, Jennv said:

Lacey and Alanna are obvious. With Heather i’m still not sure but if she got some work, damn I want her surgeon. But Jen? Maddie? Hannah? What did they do? I can’t see any difference honestly-not in Heather/Alanna’s way where bot look amazing and natural, I see no difference at all.

Heather had her nose refined. I googled pics of her, and found a sideline shot showing her in profile from her rookie year and compared it to a last season profile shot. I apologize I can’t post them here, but every time I try to post screenshots I get told the pic is too big, and I’m to tech ignorant to figure out how to make the pics smaller. Anyway, when looking at the two profiles next to each other it’s obvious she had “hook” shape smoothed out. It’s subtle, it is only obvious in profile shots. Looking at her straight on she looks almost exactly the same, and I notice they don’t post a lot of shots of her in profile. I had to google search for game day action shots to find some.

i say good for her, do whatever makes you happy, and with her working at a plastic surgery place I’m sure she got a good deal.

I actually saw a process recently on Instagram where someone had the hook in their nose fixed non-surgically so maybe she has has something like that. I think it’s temporary but the before and after were incredible.

• Useful 1
23 hours ago, ByTor said:

I'll play the favorites game:

Love: Brennan, Briana, Erin, Caroline, Gina, Alexis, Alanna

Like: Christina, Ashlee, Miranda, Bridget, Cianna, Amy, Daphne, Rachel W

Don't really notice: Amber, Jalyn, Taylor, Lexie, Maddie, Madeline, Molly, Heather

Not a fan: Hannah, Savannah, Tess, Rachel A

Retirees I miss: Lacey, Meredith, Megan C, Melissa W, Yuko

Fixed yours! Love that you don't like Hannah either...I bet we're the only ones.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, NotthebadVictoria said:

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again it’s not Gina’s dancing....... Girl has a face for radio. 

I hope it’s not Maddie, she has a face for a Gerber’s baby food commercial and a her mid season tummy morphs into something that is honey boo boo adjacent. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 4
14 minutes ago, DanceChick said:

Fixed yours! Love that you don't like Hannah either...I bet we're the only ones.

She is not my favorite either. Just not a standout for me.

Love: Maddie (from the season she was cut) Heather, Amy, Madeline (I think she is super pretty).

Like: Alexis, Rachel W, Alanna, Taylor, Jalyn, Erin.

All the rest, I tend to forget are there.

I hope I find one this year that I adore. 

• Love 2
44 minutes ago, DanceChick said:

I bet we are! 

And for the record, your editing skills leave much to be desired 😂 😘

• LOL 1
9 hours ago, CrazyMoon said:

I have a nephew who is afraid of everything and he's 30 years old yet remarkably immature. "The doctor left a message, did you call her back?" "NO". "Why not?" "I'm afraid they want to tell me something bad" Turns out she was just checking on him for CPAP machine stuff...Fear makes you not act your best interest or makes you deny your part in whatever the problem might be. Fear is very common in the immature. The more stuff you face, the less fear you have. VK got to act her's out on a national platform with millions of people watching. If she's matured at all and looked back on last season, she should be mortified and do whatever it takes to put all that in the rear view. We'll see.

That's a nice theory, but VK doesn't hit me as a self-reflective type. You can only improve yourself by taking a hard look within, admitting there is a problem and putting in a real effort to attempt change. If Mom and Dad (and Kelli and Kitty) have been fawning over her since she was born, I doubt she has any concept that she could be the problem in any given situation.

• LOL 1
  • Love 21

My turn at this.

Favorite three- Maddie (superstar), Hannah, Bridget

Love- Savannah, Briana, Ciana, Brennan

Like- Erin, Heather, Alanna, Amy, Ashlee

Growing on me- Miranda

Neutral- Rachel.A, Alexis, Lexie, Caroline, Daphne, Jalyn, Taylor, Molly, Amber

Not a fan- Gina, Madeline, Rachel.W(very robotic to me)

Favorite alumni- Whitney Isleib, Trisha Trevino, Jackie Bob,  Nicole Bulcher, Danielle Barhold, Lacey, Jacie Scott, Jinelle

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, Leia1021 said:

That's a nice theory, but VK doesn't hit me as a self-reflective type. You can only improve yourself by taking a hard look within, admitting there is a problem and putting in a real effort to attempt change. If Mom and Dad (and Kelli and Kitty) have been fawning over her since she was born, I doubt she has any concept that she could be the problem in any given situation.

She may just mature out of some of this behavior. And having it shoved in your face on reruns can cause unintended self reflection. We'll see as the season progresses.

• Love 1

Favorite - Jalyn

Love - Maddie, Briana, Brennan, Erin

Like- Hannah, Amy, Ashlee, Gina, Madeline, Caroline

Growing on me- Alanna, Heather

Neutral- Bridget, Savannah, Ciana,  Alexis, Lexie, Taylor, Amber

Not a fan- Rachel.W, Daphne, Molly, Rachel.A, Miranda, Christina

Favorite alumna- Jinelle

Admired Alumnae- Kelli Finglass, Jackie Bob, Natalie Woods, Toni Washington

• Love 3
4 hours ago, NotthebadVictoria said:

It’s so sad but you’re likely right, they have a couple curly haired people so they have enough “diversity” in that category 🙄

Maddie does not look like Shirley Temple, Shirley is much more cute. Maddie not so much.

I know everyone's doing this and I don't have a lot of hot takes here, but here are my personal choices!

Love - Bridget (all kinds of adorable), Brennan (likeable, mature, underdog), Ashlee (gorgeous and driven), Caroline (absolute rockstar), Cianna (love her look).

Like - Maddie, Rachel A., Alanna, Hannah, Jalyn.

Neutral - Amy, Tess, Rachel W., Molly, Gina, Miranda, Savannah, Taylor, Heather, Briana, Erin, Amber.

Dislike - Alexis, Lexie, Christina, Madeline M. (mean girl vibes from all 4), Daphne (looks older/way way too skinny and should have gotten the boot from SG this year instead of Jalyn).

Loved alumni - Kashara, Melissa W., Ann Lux, Jacie, Kandi.

Should have been a DCC - my kooky girl Vivian.

Who I really hope makes the team - Kat (a stunner, total package) and Meredith (I'd hang out with her in real life; she seems chill).

• Love 5
8 hours ago, Lunacat said:

I hope it’s not Maddie, she has a face for a Gerber’s baby food commercial and a her mid season tummy morphs into something that is honey boo boo adjacent. 

You are right about that! 😂

Edited by NotthebadVictoria
17 minutes ago, Lolfordays said:

Clearly TPTB have zero issue with mid season tummy at point — please see both Kashara and Jenn.

Wait Jenn had tummy chub? How did I never notice that given she thinks she's perfect or thats how she comes across to me...

• Love 3

Every week there should be a dance off for point. Sort of like what you would see in music. Folks challenge each other to move up chairs (orchestra and band) Could have a panel of judges. Just being crazy but want to see a shake up. 

Edited by ElenaFR
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7

Split Point:

• Removes importance of one main point girl / makes point less important
  • Lets a couple of girls share the spotlight
  • Gives more girls opportunities to be upfront in pictures
  • Compromised option when there is not one strong point girl to lead the team and look gorgeous in pictures.
Edited by Stee
  • Love 16
47 minutes ago, TB12 said:

Wait Jenn had tummy chub? How did I never notice that given she thinks she's perfect or thats how she comes across to me...

Jenn came across to the unsuspected viewer as someone who wanted everybody else to think she was perfect.

This is ofcourse, in stark contrast of other DCC’s who actually were perfect, like Melissa Wallace, Jaci Scott, Amy Trader, Megan Carcioppolo and ofcourse the GOAT Nicole Hamilton.

Personally I thought that Danielle Barhold and Nicole Bulcher were perfect, but this is my opinion, just like the opinion of Jenn, that she thinks that she is perfect.

• LOL 3
  • Love 8
10 minutes ago, Stee said:

Split Point:

• Removes importance of one main point girl / makes point less important
  • Lets a couple of girls share the spotlight
  • Gives more girls opportunities to be upfront in pictures
  • Compromised option when there is not one strong point girl to lead the team and look gorgeous in pictures.

Good list.  Also, it gives them some flexibility with some dated choreography.  With so many strong 2nd year vets, this will jazz things up in the future.

• Love 4

After I watched the Valder Beebee interview (she called them cowgirls!!!) I felt like Maddie had point because Valder asked her about her role & she had a big smile saying it was expanded for this year.

Also I suggested live tweeting for the episode because if it is on Twitter it is a more neutral area where spoilers are allowed.  How you you do a live chat here with no spoilers?  “Wow did you see that? How about ______ falling? What excuse could she give about what she said?”

• LOL 3

Here’s an unpopular opinion.  If VK has a hard time keeping her weight under control, K&J may relax the weight requirements so that she does not look out of place.  Of course, they will say that they want their cheerleaders to be a beacon of light to other squads to promote a healthier body image.  They will tie in My Fit Foods, the new gym, etc. 

I’m just kidding (kind of).  

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Christineelgene said:

Good list.  Also, it gives them some flexibility with some dated choreography.  With so many strong 2nd year vets, this will jazz things up in the future.

I think these are all great points about the shared point. I really think showcasing more DCCs is a major positive to this new formation. 

• Love 15
2 hours ago, Christineelgene said:

Oh i haven’t thought of that! Maybe then we will get jalyn bridget anna hannah for point!

• Love 2

I like the positive aspects mentioned so far about the split/shared point, and I know we've been told it's not really something the DCC themselves aspire to, that we boardies and fans care more about it than they do.

But, because I'm a crabby Patti:

I think it's a way to dumb things down so that by the time VK is in her 8th year it will be the new normal and no one will be surprised that she is front and one-off center with whatever person is being rewarded for sticking it out with her as a teammate.

• LOL 11
  • Love 4
40 minutes ago, PattiD4DCC said:

I like the positive aspects mentioned so far about the split/shared point, and I know we've been told it's not really something the DCC themselves aspire to, that we boardies and fans care more about it than they do.

But, because I'm a crabby Patti:

I think it's a way to dumb things down so that by the time VK is in her 8th year it will be the new normal and no one will be surprised that she is front and one-off center with whatever person is being rewarded for sticking it out with her as a teammate.

“Trust the process” lol

• LOL 3
4 hours ago, Pau84 said:

Jenn came across to the unsuspected viewer as someone who wanted everybody else to think she was perfect.

This is ofcourse, in stark contrast of other DCC’s who actually were perfect, like Melissa Wallace, Jaci Scott, Amy Trader, Megan Carcioppolo and ofcourse the GOAT Nicole Hamilton.

Personally I thought that Danielle Barhold and Nicole Bulcher were perfect, but this is my opinion, just like the opinion of Jenn, that she thinks that she is perfect.

Danielle is my ALL TIME FAVE DCC ever!!! As are many of the other ladies you mentioned. Jenn always bugged me bc she seemed fake and insincere i like that i'm finding out she had a tummy, haha! 

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
22 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

If you read that article and you look at the picture of the girls on the field...one of the lines gives a shot of several backsides...the redhead is a bit more cheeky than the others...her shorts look way too small.  Is this Savannah or Hannah?  

image.thumb.png.aeade02fb0c706702fad3593bba5d0f0.png

Edited by Kayce
  • LOL 1
1 hour ago, PattiD4DCC said:

Perfect example of why I love typos/omissions. 

What an amazing group of 45 TCC to encompass the women who finally graduated one of those 116 represented colleges!!!

Kelli also has a habit of trying to make things sound so much more amazing.  But then it comes out wrong.  Last year, she told one of the guest choreographers that he was the first ever hip hop choreographer to be on the show - not true.  This year, when she is doing interviews, she is saying that this is the biggest group of returning veterans to try out - nope, not so.  And of course, our favorite fact - we had 400 women trying out - not even close.  I suspect she was trying to say something about the number of women who graduated college compared to previous years.

Edited by scorpio1031
re-phrased
  • Love 6

Was it me or was Maddie particularly nervous when the conversation tossed to her. Its almost like she had to choose her words so carefully bc Kelli was sitting there ready to pounce on her for not being media savvy enough i felt bad for her...

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, TB12 said:

Was it me or was Maddie particularly nervous when the conversation tossed to her. Its almost like she had to choose her words so carefully bc Kelli was sitting there ready to pounce on her for not being media savvy enough i felt bad for her...

She’s going to have to get used to it:)  I think that regardless of how much training they get, they are probably nervous until they have done a few of these.  Hopefully Maddie will be more comfortable as the season progresses.

• Love 2

Yeah, Maddie was pretty awkward in those interviews. Underwhelming performance and kind of lame that she's supposed to be one of their star vets. I'm so ready for Maddie to retire, but I fear she'll stay for two or three more years, because she's teachers' pet/Most Favored DCC, still pretty young, and works as a nanny, so what does she really have to move on towards? She should be a better interviewee, as she's very practiced by now. Serious props to her, though, when she chided the dude and told him with a smile that they do have post offices in small-town Utah! That was gold. But back to her underwhelming interview performances: Not only did she barely blink, she gave lame responses that weren't very insightful or engaging. She kept saying "yes sir," which was weird and I feel like she missed every chance they gave her to contribute in some positive way. Her "narrative" of her journey to be a DCC was pretty uninspiring and dull and gave no real insight into the process or her status as a vet. And when she was asked directly about DCC travel and the anchor hinted he wanted to hear about international trips, she just said, yeah, it's great to jet set and then didn't name a single place they've ever gone. Weak. She could have mentioned USO tours (hello, one of Kelli's favorite things to promote), calendar, London, or even just Oxnard. Heather would not have missed on softball interview questions/leads like that. To me, Heather is hands-down their best spokeswoman among the senior vets. Wish she'd done the interviews instead.

On the more shallow side, which I will admit informs how I feel about Maddie as a DCC, I agree Maddie's hair looks so much better longer, and it definitely does tone down her round face that makes her look so little girlish. I'll also say this: She finally is starting to look more mature (longer hair helps this), and if she starts looking more like a grown woman (which includes having a more mature and in-shape figure), I might start liking her better and be less annoyed and mystified by all the time she'll be getting this year in the spotlight.🤞

• Love 11
3 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

She’s going to have to get used to it:)  I think that regardless of how much training they get, they are probably nervous until they have done a few of these.  Hopefully Maddie will be more comfortable as the season progresses.

I don’t think they even get to do many one to one interviews and definitely not that many with the boss right next to them. I think in most interviews it’s 3-5 girls together and each is getting one or two questions. 

Like her or not, I think JenK was one of the best speakers they’ve ever had. I admire that for sure! Maddie to me seems quite reserved and it was obvious last season when she was in the GL meeting with K&J. This interview must have felt like a torture to her!

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Kayce said:

If you read that article and you look at the picture of the girls on the field...one of the lines gives a shot of several backsides...the redhead is a bit more cheeky than the others...her shorts look way too small.  Is this Savannah or Hannah?  

image.thumb.png.aeade02fb0c706702fad3593bba5d0f0.png

That hair looks weird! That doesn't look like Hannah's body to me but idk. People have pointed out her shorts being short for her.

3 minutes ago, M1977G said:

Yeah, Maddie was pretty awkward in those interviews. Underwhelming performance and kind of lame that she's supposed to be one of their star vets. I'm so ready for Maddie to retire, but I fear she'll stay for two or three more years, because she's teachers' pet/Most Favored DCC, still pretty young, and works as a nanny, so what does she really have to move on towards? She should be a better interviewee, as she's very practiced by now. Serious props to her, though, when she chided the dude and told him with a smile that they do have post offices in small-town Utah! That was gold. But back to her underwhelming interview performances: Not only did she barely blink, she gave lame responses that weren't very insightful or engaging. She kept saying "yes sir," which was weird and I feel like she missed every chance they gave her to contribute in some positive way. Her "narrative" of her journey to be a DCC was pretty uninspiring and dull and gave no real insight into the process or her status as a vet. And when she was asked directly about DCC travel and the anchor hinted he wanted to hear about international trips, she just said, yeah, it's great to jet set and then didn't name a single place they've ever gone. Weak. She could have mentioned USO tours (hello, one of Kelli's favorite things to promote), calendar, London, or even just Oxnard. Heather would not have missed on softball interview questions/leads like that. To me, Heather is hands-down their best spokeswoman among the senior vets. Wish she'd done the interviews instead.

On the more shallow side, which I will admit informs how I feel about Maddie as a DCC, I agree Maddie's hair looks so much better longer, and it definitely does tone down her round face that makes her look so little girlish. I'll also say this: She finally is starting to look more mature (longer hair helps this), and if she starts looking more like a grown woman (which includes having a more mature and in-shape figure), I might start liking her better and be less annoyed and mystified by all the time she'll be getting this year in the spotlight.🤞

Oh yes, Heather is their best spokeswoman at the moment for sure! I hope she decides to stay for a 5th year, but I agree that I want Maddie to retire. I liked her comeback story even though I wasn’t a huge fan, but I agree that Kelli promotes her way too much and that annoys me. She would have been fine in one of the top positions, but she’s not triangle material for me. At least she wasn’t last year; this year she looks much better.

• Love 7

I just bought the season on iTunes and watched the fuller version of the clip posted upthread with Phil and Kelli on a stadium tour starting in the DCC locker room. OMG. It was great! It basically was 7 minutes of the Phil Show. He gave Kelli a tour of the players' locker room, which she said she'd never seen before, the Jones suite (apparently, all the Jones men watch--3 generations of them--the game while Charlotte is off actually working during the game), the press room, and the stadium. He's so funny and charming and easy in front of the camera, and he really lets his knowledge of running the stadium and love for his job and the Cowboys shine. I seriously am so glad that they did that! After 14 years of pretty much only being in the audition episodes and the occasional Meet the Team final episode, I loved that they put a spotlight on him like that. I'd take a stadium tour from him any day!

In the video, they have Taylor, Erin, Brianna, Jalyn, Christina, and Molly appear in a few scenes. So, Jaylyn can't be seriously in the dog house with TPTB, at least. 🤣 Nice, actually, that Kelli picked her over Savannah for the red head "diversity," since it's pretty clear they value Savannah for her looks and doing appearances more than for her dancing. Of the second years, I think Taylor has gotten the most camera time recently, which is interesting--videos from calendar shoot, interviews posted on social media, last season, etc. She's very easy with people and personable and I guess she doesn't stiffen up or lose that in front of the camera. Her personality is what has led to her growing on me and she seems to have become an appearances favorite. I think she's cute now but that, like a lot of DCC, she will become more glamorous over time and be a knockout by the time she retires. But that only would be the frosting--she just seems like such a warm and good person of substance. Her work with kids (even across language barriers, as in one calendar video I saw), what her family went through with her dad, and she seems to keep her cool under pressure admirably. She was so at ease talking with Phil in this video and is such a sharp contrast to me from watching Maddie in those interviews just now. LOL, I didn't realize until I wrote this what a fan of Taylor's I've become!

Seriously, these upper vets have to bring it because these younger vets are bringing it in every way! Interviews, Oxnard (Caroline practically on the 50 yard line, Bridget etc. with such prominent spots), Rachel W at Queen, calendar photos (again, hello, Caroline!), and all 2nd years on the show banner. I'm so glad this 2nd year class is pretty big--hopefully, that means we should have a good number of these ladies on the squad for a good while.

Edited by M1977G
  • Love 16

OK first off why in the world when I clicked here to post something did a post I planned to quote DAYS ago show up??? (I deleted it before writing this) and second, am I dreaming or was Maddie Massengill's Mom  a dance teacher?

3 hours ago, UnicornKicksBack said:

Loved the two triangles at Christmas with the vets and rookies who in my opinion outdanced the vets.

Yeah, and i think Daph looked awesome on point, i dont get the hate over her, she is not skinny as some dramatic people here says, she has a noce body, and bridget and Jalyn were awesome, i wouldnt be mad if they 3 share point this year.

• Love 3