Type keyword(s) to search

2019 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp Spoilers

Drogo
  • Start Topic

Regarding #MeToo Taylor: I did not believe her at all when she was talking about her media day catastrophe last year--when she tried to back it up and tell Kelli, she was familiar with the movement but just didn't know what it was called (pretty sure that's the embodiment of unfamiliarity, Taylor). And I didn't believe her this year either when she tried to say, "I do know what those things are." She was shaking her head back and forth as she said that, and such body language can be an unconscious indication the person is lying--the body is contradicting what the person is saying. (I spot this kind of body language on reality TV all the time, especially on the Bachelor/ette.) Lying to cover ignorance is...lame. Why not spend the year actually reading news and becoming more educated and aware of the world and instead being able to say, I tried to learn from last year and have worked to become a more informed person about that movement and the world in general? I guess probably because that's not how she spent her year. Very curious how she scored on the written test and how her interview went. I never was a fan of her look or dancing last year, before the media gaffe, but I'm very curious what it was that kept her out of camp this year. Her dancing? Still shitty at interviews? Her look? (Is it just me, or does her face look kind of puffy this year? I like her look even less than last year, and I thought then that she was one of the least attractive ladies in camp.) Or Kelli just won't forgive her (rightfully, in my opinion) for being so ignorant? Not sorry at all that she didn't make it into camp.

On a different note, WTF with the lady who said she justifies her obsession with poms because "God made puppies"??? Bless her heart. That's messed up.

• LOL 7
  • Love 4

Kristin seems more animated this year...LOVE Charm so far...Can't wait to hear what she has to say about the walking sh*tshow that is VK...

I have SUCH a girlcrush on Kat, Meredith and Julia...

• Love 5

I happened to think Meredith looked great. She’s just built differently, but there’s no excess or anything. And the color of her costume was super pretty on her. Really hoping she’s not on the bubble for being cut, since so many of y’all put her on your anticipated cut lists. 😞 Any insider info on how she’s doing?

• Love 3
10 hours ago, DCCFanInKy said:

Sorry this is a little OT but @ShellyB do you know what Sam's majoring in in college? Is the internship part of that?

She’s changed her major...at first her interests were in medicine, specifically sports with emphasis on concussions and the science of rejuvenating damaged brain cells. The last we spoke about school, she was interested in going to law school. Her summer intern jobs have varied from an advertising agency to social media with CMT. She may have done an internship out of high school with a magazine publisher too. 

• Love 18
1 minute ago, Fanofdcc said:

Anyway you can sneak and see episodes ahead of timed release.

it looks like they did not take Melana into camp.  

It sounds like you may have inadvertently wandered into the spoiler thread. Back away slowly before you see something you didn’t want to see.

• LOL 12
  • Love 4
On 8/1/2019 at 6:42 PM, Squeek said:

Rookies:
Alexandra Pena @alexandra.micaa (reported cut)
Amanda Dilks @amandadilks (Philly Flyers) (Show Group)
Ashley Hancock @ashleyahancock (DMD) (reported cut) 
Bret McCall Lindley @bret_mccall (49ers) (reported cut)

Chandi Dayle  @chandidayle (UofAZ pom)
Gina Marie Campagna @ginamariecampagna (reported cut)
Julia Fife @juliafife (DMD)
Kat Puryear @katpurr (Charlotte Hornets)
Kelcey Wetterburg @kelceywetterberg (Nebraska) (Show Group)
Kristen Dodd @kdodd_10 (Ice Angels)
Lauren Ligon @lauren_ligon (TCU Showgirl) (reported cut)
Lily Johnson @lilyjay21 (University of Kentucky)
Lisa Mills @lisa_mills (DMD)
Madeline Grace Salter @_mmadelinegrace (OCU) (reported cut)
Meredith Madden @meredithmadden
Shaina Grace @shainagrace (LSU Goldgengirl)
Taylor Pedersen @tay_pedersen (Suns Dancer)
Victoria Kalina @victoriaakalina (TC last year) (Show Group)

tcc6.png

So any guesses as to which 8 will make it...

i think...

Amanda

Kat

merideth (don’t remember her cut last year)

Kristen, maybe

dont know the others...

2 minutes ago, Fanofdcc said:

i think...

Amanda

Kat

Kristen, maybe

dont know the others...

I think there are 9 spots. I know she said something about 8 last night but it ends up being 9. I’m guessing Meredith, Kristin get cut, but I have no opinion about the 3rd one. 

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, SmpIsimon said:

Lisa is rubbing a lot of the vets the wrong way.  Not sure if that'll translate into her getting cut or not though.

She rubs me the wrong way just from that resting bitch face in her picture, so I’m not surprised.

• LOL 8
  • Love 5

So a few thoughts from epi 1... I don’t like Amanda, I know I’m in the minority here I loved her until I saw the show she seems pretty in love with herself & I’ll just say it she reminds me of the next Kalyssa... Taylor T seems like she’s gotten herself some enhancements she was so tiny & looked bigger all over, Veruca fake as ever& why didn’t she ever get braces? Was that a toned down Tina who hugged her at the end? Kelli’s dress was so odd with the zipper it Judy in periwinkle was stunning! 

• Love 11

I really think I am sitting at a table for one, but I thought Meredith came across last year as somewhat arrogant.  Yet Kelli still has a girl crush, she’s still in camp, and everyone loves her....

i cant believe I read such a different vibe from her than everyone else. 

• Love 9
1 minute ago, DAthene said:

I really think I am sitting at a table for one, but I thought Meredith came across last year as somewhat arrogant.  Yet Kelli still has a girl crush, she’s still in camp, and everyone loves her....

i cant believe I read such a different vibe from her than everyone else. 

I now feel like that about Amanda & think I’m a party of one! 

• Love 6

Keep checking iTunes to see if episode 1 is up yet (of course, it's not), but the banner at the top of the Reality TV section says that the entire season of season 13 is free right now. So, if anyone wants to own season 13 who doesn't already, this is your chance! 

• Useful 1
57 minutes ago, SmpIsimon said:

Lisa is rubbing a lot of the vets the wrong way.  Not sure if that'll translate into her getting cut or not though.

I wouldn’t mind seeing her cut!  I don’t care for her look.

• Love 2
27 minutes ago, TB12 said:

I now feel like that about Amanda & think I’m a party of one! 

I’m with you and I’ll take it up a notch and say I thought the tears over her brother were contrived too. I’m sure she is sad about it, but I felt Like it was acted for the camera. I lost a sister very young, and while it’s sad in that I wish we could have grown up and been friends, I barely remember her at all, so it isn’t like I sit and cry “missing” her. 

• Love 12
1 hour ago, Fanofdcc said:

i think...

Amanda

Kat

Kristen, maybe

dont know the others...

Personally I like Kat, Amanda, Julia, Kelcey and Meredith.  I vote to lose Taylor P, Kristen and Lisa. 😊 On the fence about the rest...

• Love 2

Hi y'all!! The first episode has aired, and it feels like Christmas!!! Anywho, I thought it was interesting that the first episode was named "First Impressions", because here are my first impressions:-

Amanda - Loved her look from the moment I saw the first tryout pics, and continued to be impressed. Last night sealed the deal for me! She's incredible!!! 😍😍😍

Kat - LOVE HER!!!! Incredibly beautiful, and talented...loved the come hither look she gave the judges. THAT'S HOW TO GET ATTENTION IN A GOOD WAY!!😍😍😍💃💃💃

Chandi - One word - exotic, and it works in her favor...🙂🙂🙂

Gina - Beautiful, but VERY timid..You're auditioning for the most famous cheerleading squad in the world tou have to have more gumption than that!!😳😖🤔

Julia - Wonderful!! Loved her spirit!!🙂🙂🙂

Victoria - Thank God she's a legacy, because if she wasn't Kelli's best friend's daughter there was NO WAY she was making semifinals with that out of control turn. 😑😑😑

My top 3 were : Kat, Amanda and Julia. I'm rooting hard for these three!!!

• Love 12
1 hour ago, SmpIsimon said:

Please cut her instead of Meredith or Kristen who I really like....if I had to lose one of those two I guess Kristen...

• Love 4

Ok so my cuts if it was me:

Lisa

Taylor P (generic, lots of girls like her already) 

I really like Kristen and Meredith (who I know has issues with the style but I just love her as a technical dancer) and I just like Kristen and don’t want her to go either? 

It’s really hard to pick a third...I like all the girls left...i’d Take all but Taylor P and Lisa if it was up to me

Smplsimon have those two gotten any better? Kristen and Meredith? 

Edited by Mercurialsteph
  • Love 2
13 minutes ago, Jennv said:

I’m with you and I’ll take it up a notch and say I thought the tears over her brother were contrived too. I’m sure she is sad about it, but I felt Like it was acted for the camera. I lost a sister very young, and while it’s sad in that I wish we could have grown up and been friends, I barely remember her at all, so it isn’t like I sit and cry “missing” her. 

I forgot about her crocodile tears, definitely contrived no doubt!

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, TB12 said:

I forgot about her crocodile tears, definitely contrived no doubt!

Thank goodness I’m not the only one who got that vibe, I was questioning whether or not I’m a horrible human for feeling that way.

• Love 4
13 minutes ago, SingleMom9 said:

I think she’s behind Amy and Alanna.

18 minutes ago, Cran said:

I don’t see Meredith in this pic from 5 days ago. Was she cut?

A9A993FE-2D86-45EA-9926-A9728C47DE56.jpeg

I just noticed Rachel W hair . Wow looks much darker with face framed big blonde chunks!  I think her blonder hair was blending into her over bronzed tan. 

2 hours ago, SmpIsimon said:

Is this TCC Lisa? I’m still trying to connect names with their faces. 

7745B071-5529-480A-B2DE-07FF18D7759E.jpeg

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, MelTexGirl said:

Is this TCC Lisa? I’m still trying to connect names with their faces. 

7745B071-5529-480A-B2DE-07FF18D7759E.jpeg

Yes, that's Lisa.

Here's the latest TCC grid if it helps.  The pink outlined girls made Show Group.

1548052136_rookiecandidates_tootie8.1_19V2.jpg.71add2339b90e7fdfe6082c7a8f6f75d.jpg

• Love 2

Watching her dance on her IG, her dancing looks spazzy...not the sexy long lines DCC wants. Anyone else see her IG and think she looks like a body builder? I think she's pretty, but not a fan at all of her dancing and if he her attitude stinks, they have more than enough strong candidates to send her packing!

Screenshot_20190803-073504_Instagram.jpg

• Useful 3

Either that, or the fact that she looks like...45 should be reason she gets cut. 😂 idk, something about her just makes her look so much older than the other girls. 

• Love 3
10 hours ago, DCCFan197605 said:

I sort of like that we are all accepting what the Cowboys are—a conservative organization operating in a conservative industry with a generally conservative male fan base with a cheer squad that expands its brand to more liberal fans.  

^^^^ This^^^  And I agree that the Jinelle situation is highly suspect to me--the fact that she didn't come out until she left the DCC organization.

• Love 6

I didn't dislike Amanda, or think her tears were contrived. But I did get the impression (based on her story about trying to "make it" in LA) that her focus is more on becoming famous than necessarily a passion for dance. 

• Love 14

I was re-watching season 13 this morning and VK got the exact same “awww” last year when she fel out of her turn in the field portion of finals. I do feel badly for those who have been passed up so that she could get a place in training camp. 

• Love 14
18 minutes ago, Fanofdcc said:

I think I’d like one big show showing who made it to training camp for the first episode.  Two hours...special.

They did that before - prelims, semis and finals in one convenient two hour show.  We still have two more weeks to get to the vets coming back.

There is a Dallas area chef/cookbook author that I follow on IG.  Looks like he is at the Star today to teach the DCC how to cook.  That would be fun segment to watch if they tape it for the show.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Jennv said:

Omg I thought the same thing. 

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, Coffeefrog19 said:

I know this may sound horrible but...... I hate the sob stories. We all have them. Everyone has lost a loved one. But be honest. You aren’t auditioning for the DCC because you’re dead 2nd cousin’s boyfriend twice removed on your mothers side’s grandfather’s neighbors cat is watching you from Heaven. When these stories start and the fake tears come up, I want to turn the channel. Ok. I know I’m a terrible person. I can’t help it. It seems every year there is at least one. Somewhere in the season. One. Some girls somebody died so many years ago and she’s doing this for them. Ugh. 

Girl preach, I feel the same way

• Love 18
1 minute ago, GeorgieNY said:

Not sure where to put this, but amused by today’s IG story by Dayton....in which she does several perfectly controlled pirouettes. VK wouldn’t get past round one of any professional audition where they cut by having everyone do a double.

Saw these posts.  Including the lovely one en pointe.

• Love 4
16 minutes ago, tacosandtequila said:

I beg to differ, regarding Lisa being a "brat".  I have danced with her before, and she is humble, always willing to help, and is far from arrogant.

That's not the impression she's giving her teammates.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 10

Here are my impressions of the TCCs that we saw last night:

Amanda - So, so THIRSTY. Meh. Good dancer, but not liking her personality much yet. Fake it 'til ya make, right?!

Kat - Gorgeous! Love her spunk. Want to see more.

Chandi - Unique look. Love her warm eyes and smile. Want to see more. 

Gina - Young. Come back next year stronger and I'll be on your side.

Julia - Meh. Easy there, traffic girl. It's just traffic. Show me you can dance. 

Victoria - Sigh. I really wanted to see some sort of redemption. Got none. Oh wait, she hugged a few girls and high fived them. What a team player! Put those boots on her now! UGH

Lisa - Cute from the scenes of her dancing. Want to see more to judge.

Lily - Girl after my heart with the low snark. Don't think she has the DCC look, though. Expect her to be cut.

Malena - Gawd no. Just NO.

Kristen - Looked very pretty. Want her to lose those false eyelashes though. Hope she makes it this year.

Meredith - Seemed to be making a point to be "perky" as low energy was a comment on her last year. Need to see more of her dancing before I decide if I like her or not.

Others... Haven't seen enough to judge from my couch yet. 😉

Edited by DzignerGurl
  • Love 18