Type keyword(s) to search

2019 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp Spoilers

Drogo
  • Start Topic

1 minute ago, TB12 said:

Legit Veruca not only fell out of her turn she was off the floor, bless her heart she’s so precious, I can’t even...

🤣🤣🤣 I don’t see much change from last year 

• LOL 3
  • Love 14
2 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

So, did they do a back story on Veruca Slip?

They did not they did all the returnees but her then she made her presence known by promptly falling off the floor

• LOL 9
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, TinyHands said:

I thought Kristin came off not well when she talked about being the first deaf advocate on the DCC, when they had a cheerleader who was actually deaf in season 2. 

I disagree. I found her to be genuine and very service oriented as well as humble. 

• Love 18

Wish I could see what you're all yapping about re: Vic and Bridget.  All I get is this white screen of no link and IG links usually work fine for me here.  Sounds like fun, though.  Where on IG is it from?

19854984_ScreenShot2019-08-02at6_48_32PM.thumb.png.d4edffe3d0a605e1b9ca89d43d04ca86.png

Edited by go4luca
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, go4luca said:

Wish I could see what you're all yapping about.  All I get is this white screen of no link and IG links usually work fine for me here.  Sounds like fun, though.  Where on IG is it from?

19854984_ScreenShot2019-08-02at6_48_32PM.thumb.png.d4edffe3d0a605e1b9ca89d43d04ca86.png

She pulled it.  That's why I was joking that the plot thickened:)  Pictures of Bridget's solo with VK in the background

Edited by scorpio1031
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, parrotfeathers said:

Who is going to join in the live chat for episode 1?

Wish I could but us west coasters are SOL.   Bummed but hope the rest of you are having a blast! 🍺

5 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

She pulled it.  That's why I was joking that the plot thickened:)  Pictures of Bridget's solo with VK in the background

Thanks.  Couldn't figure out what was going on, lol.

57 minutes ago, Dnst1973 said:

I disagree. I found her to be genuine and very service oriented as well as humble. 

Don’t forget BORING!! UGH...how did she even make it to finals

• Love 2
23 minutes ago, go4luca said:

No.  We're still at this point with who's in, who's been cut and who made SG (outlined in pink).

1548052136_rookiecandidates_tootie8.1_19V2.jpg.71add2339b90e7fdfe6082c7a8f6f75d.jpg

I need this to be pinned so I can always find it. I have no memory like most of y'all. What was Malenas big screw up? Y'all were done talking about it by the time I checked back in for the season.

5 minutes ago, SmpIsimon said:

VK still falling out of turns, yet she wins another Barbie AND she makes SG.  I wonder how VK feels knowing she's being given a big honor that she is even remotely deserving of.

You have to be self-aware in order to have that kind of insight.  Not something I see her developing -- she has been brought up to believe that this is her birthright -- she's a let them eat cake kind of girl I think.

No pun intended.  🙂

Edited by MTTFan
because
  • LOL 4
  • Love 12
1 minute ago, onthebubble said:

Omfg  when I was reading the comments about her falling out of turns I was thinking 'Surely it wasn't THAT bad!' ..... Well I was wrong! I don't really like the VK hate but  wowsers that is bad ...

I can't wait to see how the season goes -- Judy must have patience and self-control that would put Job to shame.  Speaking of shame -- seriously Charlotte Kelli Kitty?

WTF were you thinking because it sure as well wasn't about being world class.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, Ms. SW said:
2 hours ago, FLAfan said:

VK fell out of a turn and she made Showgroup? Give me a break!

This!  

The laugh from Kelli and Judy when VK fell was gross. 🤢🤮

😂 at the look on Lily’s face. Priceless. 

I enjoyed them going over who returned after being cut last TC. 

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Drogo said:

If you're talking about the episode without spoilers, do it in the episode thread. 

Posts have been moved to the episode thread. 

These are easy instructions, please follow them.

I personally wish for a magic remote that would make two versions of this opening show. One for the veterans among us who know Kelli's speech by heart and want to see some backstories on gals and watch real dancing; and one for the new viewers who want to learn how the audition process works, etc. 

Edited by Agent Gully
moving rest of this to correct thread
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, SmpIsimon said:

VK still falling out of turns, yet she wins another Barbie AND she makes SG.  I wonder how VK feels knowing she's being given a big honor that she is even remotely deserving of.

That would take self-reflection; we all know she is not capable of thinking outside the box. The girl can't even dance in a box! 

Edited by Loves2Dance
  • LOL 6
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, 5678Pixie said:

This is right after she fell right when Kelli said "only Victoria".  Meaning only will we let Victoria get away with everything.  

For the love of all that is holy -- get that hair out of your face!

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
15 minutes ago, Loves2Dance said:

Amanda's music video now makes 100% more sense when you know she was filming a pilot for Nickelodeon. 

I read some of the comments on the video and people mentioned seeing her on TeenNick top 10 which was a video countdown show. 

Guys it’s so crazy that so many young people are trying out!!!!!! But it’s like, so weird to me that Gina C. is so soft spoken and seems so mature because as we learned last year with Veruca 18 year olds are just naturally super immature!!!!! Gina C. must be a rare type of person! 

• LOL 6
  • Love 6

Hi y’all! 

I had surgery and spent the past 4 weeks watching all 13 seasons .....I hear Kelli & Judy in my sleep lol! 

A few q for this forum:

1. What vets were cut this year?

2. Also, why didn’t Dayton try out? K&J treated her horribly, but did she make a statement or anything? Is she totally done with DCC? 

3. What’s the forum’s opinion on Kitty?

Thanks! 

🥳🥳

1 minute ago, shipoopi said:

Also, why didn’t Dayton try out? K&J treated her horribly, but did she make a statement or anything? Is she totally done with DCC

I believe Dayton said she wouldn’t try out again unless there was no show anymore. I think the nasty comments online were too much. I might be wrong on this, though. 

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, shipoopi said:

Hi y’all! 

I had surgery and spent the past 4 weeks watching all 13 seasons .....I hear Kelli & Judy in my sleep lol! 

A few q for this forum:

2. Also, why didn’t Dayton try out? K&J treated her horribly, but did she make a statement or anything? Is she totally done with DCC? 

Thanks! 

🥳🥳

Hope you're feeling better now after your surgery!

Vet Gabby was cut.

Following her cut last season, Dayton said she would only consider re-auditioning once the show was no longer on the air.

I'll let the rest speak for Kitty but she lost the respect of many here last season when she said give Vic the respect she deserves to lose the 11 lbs she'd gained since auditions.  

Edited by go4luca
typo
  • Love 14
10 minutes ago, shipoopi said:

Hi y’all! 

A few q for this forum:

Thanks! 

🥳🥳

1. Gabby

2. She said she wouldn't be back as long as there is a tv show.

3. 👹👺👹👺

Edited by hannahbanana
  • LOL 7
1 hour ago, shipoopi said:

Hi y’all! 

A few q for this forum:

Thanks! 

🥳🥳

1. Gabby

2. Because of the show.

3. Hopefully never seen again? 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

I am not sure which thread to post into, but we’ve talked about LGBT and gender issues on this forum before.  

This evening, I feel really conflicted that this show airs on Logo.  While no longer a gay channel, it’s programming is either campy or caters to demographics who appreciate camp (RuPaul, Will & Grace, Golden Girls).  So, as Travis Wall exemplified with his remarks about dancing with the cheerleaders being a gay man’s dream, DCCMTT seems to be a great show for Logo as it is campy and gay people are likely to enjoy it.  I certainly do, and I spend way too much time discussing this team.

At first blush, it looks very gay friendly.  Look at the judges!  Gay weatherman Scott, fierce circuit queen hair whisperer foster dad Marshall and girl-better-have-shape Rebel Athletic Executive Gordon all represent different gay male archetypes.  Marshall and Gordon have business interests in the Cowboys and are clearly respected suppliers.  

On the other hand, we haven’t seen LGBT-related My Cause, My Boots charities, we hear that Kitty Carter told her students to avoid LGBT topics in auditions in 2017, and Jinelle remained closeted until after leaving the DCC.  It is clear that the Cowboys are a don’t ask, don’t tell organization.

But of course, this is also a team that brought in and fairly quickly released gay draftee Michael Sam into its practice squad.  That’s a loaded topic, but I concede that the move suggests some openness by the Cowboys.

We love the DCC for its tradition, and this forum has debated the reasons for poor ethnic diversity and the lack of real consideration of a male DCC.  It feels like the Dallas Cowboys Football Club is stuck in 1999 with regard to LGBT issues.  

And so, I sit here conflicted.  The DCC seems like Austin—a progressive oasis in an often stiflingly conservative state.  A piece of me is happy that in 2019 in such a divided nation that the intersectionality of the DCC appeals to a wide array of people.  I sort of like that we are all accepting what the Cowboys are—a conservative organization operating in a conservative industry with a generally conservative male fan base with a cheer squad that expands its brand to more liberal fans.  

At the same time, having this show on Logo seems like an endorsement of the show and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club by MTV Networks.  Given that the DCFC seems to have institutional norms that prevent its people from addressing gay topics, it seems wrong that the show airs on a network that celebrates being out and proud.

I don’t want to get overly political here.  I am not trying to incite any debate.  I am just curious if anyone else finds this strange and may be similarly conflicted.

• Love 16
5 hours ago, SmpIsimon said:

Watch this and ask yourself which deserving girl will be cut so this disaster can wear the uniform.

Shocking. Awww those nasty poms to get in VK’s way.

I wonder what Tara et al feel watching this... we need a GoFundMe for therapy bills for the girls who’ve been thrown under the VK bus.

• LOL 9
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, DCCFan197605 said:

I am just curious if anyone else finds this strange and may be similarly conflicted.

MTT is airing on VH1 (at least ep 1) and Logo because the new owner owns CMT and those channels as well.  I do find it somewhat conflicting, but I don't know that it is more than cross-branding because he owns them, not certain the thoughts went much further than that.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, DCCFan197605 said:

Given that the DCFC seems to have institutional norms that prevent its people from addressing gay topics, it seems wrong that the show airs on a network that celebrates being out and proud.

I don’t want to get overly political here.  I am not trying to incite any debate.  I am just curious if anyone else finds this strange and may be similarly conflicted.

There is one thing to have an alumni dcc trainer advicing on the best course of action to achieve a goal, and there are institutional norms.

Also, if there were institutional norms, there would not be any gay men on the show.

IMHO there is no conflict to air MTT on a certain network. The only conflict that I see is that the projected advertisement revenue falls below the actual revenue (it is a TV show).

• Love 1

Totally formulaic, but overall a fun first episode. I liked getting introduced to multiple TCCs early on. I'm loving Kat (and when Judy was all, I'll come over the table for her!), but now I'm nervous she's one of the TCCs at risk for being cut, because they showed Travis Wall or someone saying they wanted to love her but she was struggling. I'm really hoping she makes the team. I legit shed a few tears when Amanda was talking about her brother. Those pictures of them together were so sweet, and I know losing a sibling at such a young age stays with a person forever. Beautiful dancer.

I thought Charm LaDonna was a great judge! Very kind, which I think is important, and I'm excited to see her work with the DCC this year.

WTF with Gina's hands? I have no way of knowing yet, of course, but I'm imagining she got overwhelmed with choreography in training camp and I'm hoping they told her she just needs some more time and they would like to see her back at auditions next year.

VK. Ugh. I admit that I loved that they 1) showed her spectacular fall at all, and 2) showed it before and after the commercial break and again during the deliberations scene. Yes, from that to a Barbie and SG does boggle the mind. She does look better physically, though, and while it seemed somewhat fake to me, I noticed she at least appeared to be trying to be supportive of the other candidates. 

Kelli's zipper was a little weird, but she's lost some weight and is looking good. I think she looks good heavier, too, just saying I think she's looking healthy and is pretty as always.

• Love 7
13 hours ago, TinyHands said:

I thought Kristin came off not well when she talked about being the first deaf advocate on the DCC, when they had a cheerleader who was actually deaf in season 2. 

There was a deaf DCC back in the 90s too.  I think her name was Emily Clark, a really cute black girl who kept up based on the vibration of the music and closely observing those around her.

• Love 1