Type keyword(s) to search

2019 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp Spoilers

Drogo
  • Start Topic

18 minutes ago, GeorgieNY said:

Not sure where to put this, but amused by today’s IG story by Dayton....in which she does several perfectly controlled pirouettes. VK wouldn’t get past round one of any professional audition where they cut by having everyone do a double.

I thought the EXACT same thing. I always wondered if they were friends because they “had” to be. Dayton and Sam seem much closer in my opinion 

• Love 5

Amanda’s tears look real to me... if those are fake, she deserves an Oscar, the way she lost her breathe in pain and held back the tears that were coming reminded me of exactly how I cry when I remember my own childhood traumas, which I won’t go into details about bc that’s personal to me. Tl; dr — I don’t see how those could be perceived as “crocodile” tears at all

• Love 7
22 minutes ago, GeorgieNY said:

Not sure where to put this, but amused by today’s IG story by Dayton....in which she does several perfectly controlled pirouettes. VK wouldn’t get past round one of any professional audition where they cut by having everyone do a double.

I just looked that up. Very good. 

• Love 4
13 minutes ago, DzignerGurl said:

Victoria - Sigh. I really wanted to see some sort of redemption. Got none. Oh wait, she hugged a few girls and high fived them. What a team player! Put those boots on her now! UGH

https://beta.washingtonpost.com/business/2019/08/01/country-music-stands-moment-great-racial-change-or-so-its-biggest-cable-network-believes/?outputType=amp

According to this article, CMT has a new president, the show has new producers, so expect changes.  "We think we can go inside the conversations the aspiring cheerleaders are having and show their empowerment."  The new regime is also all about positivity.  So, the scenes when the girls left the floor after dancing, or when VK joined her fellow rookies from last year on the couch - scripted?  Or coached?  Not that we ever saw conflict before, but this could still be interesting.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

https://beta.washingtonpost.com/business/2019/08/01/country-music-stands-moment-great-racial-change-or-so-its-biggest-cable-network-believes/?outputType=amp

According to this article, CMT has a new president, the show has new producers, so expect changes.  "We think we can go inside the conversations the aspiring cheerleaders are having and show their empowerment."  The new regime is also all about positivity.  So, the scenes when the girls left the floor after dancing, or when VK joined her fellow rookies from last year on the couch - scripted?  Or coached?  Not that we ever saw conflict before, but this could still be interesting.  

It was scripted.  The returnees were filming and she just walks in, and they ask her to come join them. 

• Love 6
Just now, Jazzmom said:

It was scripted.  The returnees were filming and she just walks in, and they ask her to come join them. 

Which of course means that she is still never going to learn to interact with her fellow squad members in a natural way or a positive way without being shown how.

• Love 9
4 hours ago, Jennv said:

I’m with you and I’ll take it up a notch and say I thought the tears over her brother were contrived too. I’m sure she is sad about it, but I felt Like it was acted for the camera. I lost a sister very young, and while it’s sad in that I wish we could have grown up and been friends, I barely remember her at all, so it isn’t like I sit and cry “missing” her. 

Omg yes!!! I thought I was the only one that didn’t like Amanda. She seems so fake and insincere. It seems like she’s only doing this to gain more publicity so she can make a run at being an actress again.

I’d cut her, Victoria, and Lisa and be done with this already!

• Love 10

VK shouldn't have made it passed round one (or show group) and laughing about it was insulting to the other people auditioning. If that was ok then they should have let the 41 year go through to the next round.

I like the new feel to the show and happy to not hear that "Turn Around" song.

I hope Kat makes it. Might be my reason to watch this season.

Lol it almost looked like we were seeing Kelly and Judy's replacements with Melissa and Charm sitting there. 

Edited by KTUCKER20
  • Love 11
3 hours ago, rafibomb said:

I didn't dislike Amanda, or think her tears were contrived. But I did get the impression (based on her story about trying to "make it" in LA) that her focus is more on becoming famous than necessarily a passion for dance. 

Amanda comes from a family of die hard Eagles fan — it is definitely all about being famous and the show for her. One year DCC, next stop The Bachelor:)

• Love 11
1 hour ago, Coffeefrog19 said:

I know this may sound horrible but...... I hate the sob stories. We all have them. Everyone has lost a loved one. But be honest. You aren’t auditioning for the DCC because you’re dead 2nd cousin’s boyfriend twice removed on your mothers side’s grandfather’s neighbors cat is watching you from Heaven. When these stories start and the fake tears come up, I want to turn the channel. Ok. I know I’m a terrible person. I can’t help it. It seems every year there is at least one. Somewhere in the season. One. Some girls somebody died so many years ago and she’s doing this for them. Ugh. 

I always laugh when I think about the producers readying them for the THs.  So, do you know any that has died?  Ever?  ?????

• LOL 7
  • Love 6

Yes ! Save the tears and admit you’re doing this for you bc you want to dance want the attention etc. nothing wrong with that. What is wrong is sounding like Baby Jesus you on this earth to praise him and honor your whole family and everybody ever sick or died by shaking ass in a bikini on a football field. Just say it’s fun and you like performing and be done. Sob stories sound so contrived shallow and plain out dumbass for anybody who actually has been sick or struggled. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 12
1 minute ago, Opine said:

I always laugh when I think about the producers readying them for the THs.  So, do you know any that has died?  Ever?  ?????

Were you bullied at your dance studio?  Do you have a skin condition?  Any pimples, warts?  Are you doing this for a friend?  Ok, we're going to film you at a lake, a park, the supermarket...…...and we need you to look off into the distance.  No, no keep your mouth closed.  No gap mouth here.  Save that for cameos.

• LOL 14
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Coffeefrog19 said:

Who is the road to DCC girl?  What did I miss?  

A girl with an instagram to document her progress towards becoming a DCC (although it looks like she deleted it). Her technique and style were not very good and she was shown on the bad dancers segment. 

21 hours ago, FLAfan said:

VK fell out of a turn and she made Showgroup? Give me a break!

I could see VK's fall coming. In the promo they made it look like her fall was caused by just slipping on the pom pom. but when I watched the actual episode you could see that she was wobbling out of her turn & that wobble caused her to step out of her space onto the pom & that was what made her slip. What really got me was Kelli's reaction. I mean she was giggling and her attitude was to make it seem like it wasn't a big deal. "Oh ha, ha. It's only Victoria & her wobbly turns. Isn't she precious?" And then they interviewed Victoria who was cackling and was like "I guess I was too big and bold."Reign in the twister VK!

Edited by Bellisima08
  • Love 21
7 hours ago, TB12 said:

So a few thoughts from epi 1... I don’t like Amanda, I know I’m in the minority here I loved her until I saw the show she seems pretty in love with herself & I’ll just say it she reminds me of the next Kalyssa... Taylor T seems like she’s gotten herself some enhancements she was so tiny & looked bigger all over, Veruca fake as ever& why didn’t she ever get braces? Was that a toned down Tina who hugged her at the end? Kelli’s dress was so odd with the zipper it Judy in periwinkle was stunning! 

That dress really was odd. I found myself staring at the zipper thinking “ what is your purpose there”? 

• LOL 2
  • Love 6

Bret - the 49er girl was cut? She seemed better than most. I feel like - previously dancing with another NFL team, is not a good thing. Like DCC wants to claim you for their own.

I didn't like Amanda's tryout outfit, thought the crying over the brother was OT. Wasn't wowed by her dancing.

Dayton posted a video of a friend who she dances with that is pretty good.  Looking at that girl's Insta shows she has previously tried out too.  TBH, no real DCC "style" - it's a look.  If you can't dance - we'll work with you. (this girl, definitely not a match for DCC look).

I could tell the girl who did her intro in Spanish is not a native speaker.  Felt contrived - like a lot of the stuff on the show.

I'm a lightweight veteran dance mom.  My daughter danced at a competition studio - but we didn't have the time or money to follow the team across the US.  She was a studio hopper per se, in the sense, I would make it a point to find studios, closer to school, my work, etc. She has strong technique, although not classically trained since birth (some of studio friends have been on pointe since age 9).  Daughter is headed into last year of nursing school and was a dance minor.  Head of department asked her to double major.  For me - she is knowledgeable - but far from a "perfect" dancer.  My daughter was the one who got me watching - more for the laughable "I can't believe - she made it" stories.

I think the first season I watched was Kelli was gung ho for a high schooler - Briana? Gave her so many passes and was just not very good in my opinion.

Dayton has posted many clips of her dancing which highlight her strengths - which are not evident from what was shown on the show.

• Love 4
20 hours ago, SmpIsimon said:

Watch this and ask yourself which deserving girl will be cut so this disaster can wear the uniform.

And then when they were interviewing her afterwards she was like "I just got right back up so hopefully Judy & Kelli didn't see it." Yeah, Veruca, you were in the front row, wobbling like a weeble & you landed on your hands! They saw it!

Edited by Bellisima08
  • LOL 14
  • Love 4
2 minutes ago, chabelisaywow said:

Bret - the 49er girl was cut? She seemed better than most. I feel like - previously dancing with another NFL team, is not a good thing. Like DCC wants to claim you for their own.

I liked her.  She is tiny though, she maybe she didn't have enough power?  Hopefully she comes back. 

6 minutes ago, chabelisaywow said:

I think the first season I watched was Kelli was gung ho for a high schooler - Briana? Gave her so many passes and was just not very good in my opinion

If Kelli would stop spending time on her "favorites", she would have more time for the girls like Lily.  I know some think that they longer a girl stays in TC, even when she's an obvious cut, the more experience they gain.  No, they take time and attention from other girls that might be saved.

9 minutes ago, chabelisaywow said:

Dayton has posted many clips of her dancing which highlight her strengths - which are not evident from what was shown on the show.

Nerves, expectations and being treated like she kicked Kelli's dog will do that.

4 minutes ago, Bellisima08 said:

And then when they were interviewing her afterwards she was like "I just got right back up so hopefully Judy & Kelli didn't see it." Yeah, Veruca, you were in the front role, wobbling like weeble & you landed on your hands! They saw it!

I am really surprised she hasn't hurt herself yet.  Of course, if she had, it would have been the pom's fault or the fact she was off to the side instead of in the center.

• Love 9
41 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

Were you bullied at your dance studio?  Do you have a skin condition?  Any pimples, warts?  Are you doing this for a friend?  Ok, we're going to film you at a lake, a park, the supermarket...…...and we need you to look off into the distance.  No, no keep your mouth closed.  No gap mouth here.  Save that for cameos.

Laughing so hard, no we need a little bit more, can you be wistful think dead puppies... 

• LOL 4

Could someone please let me know if Dayton is auditioning this year and if not what she's up to? I avoid the social media on this and spoilers but since I didn't see her on episode one and no mention of her so far I'm curious what she's doing if not auditioning. Thanks all!!

• Love 1

I hope the Victoria falling incident being included on the show puts to rest the rumor that Kelli is covering for her/attempting to portray her in the best light. Kelli and Charlotte are executive producers, and have ultimate say so on what makes it on the show and what doesn’t. If she somehow wanted to “protect” Victoria or only show her in the best light, that would not have been featured. 

Also, the fact that last season was the highest rated season ever, and the premier episode had the highest viewership ever, shows that the casual fan has no problem watching a show with Victoria in it. 

Edited by TinyHands
  • LOL 8
  • Love 1
On 8/2/2019 at 6:21 AM, TB12 said:

Regarding my post about Maddie seeming nervous/uncomfortable talking I hope it wasn't construed as my picking on Maddie, it was an more an observation of Kelli's presence probably messing with her ability to be natural for fear of being cut... I adore Maddie... 🙂

The second question was directed toward Kelli. But she didn’t answer so Maddie jumped in. That’s what I got from the interview.

Probably off topic, but is Dayton still dancing on the cruise ships?

They definitely seem to favor Victoria. I did have to laugh when she pretty much fell down and then just popped right back up with this huge smile. Lol. That girl has some teeth!

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, bupbupbip said:

does anybody knows where can i watch episode 1 from last night?? Im living in Mexico so i dont have any TV company with CMT

As of the time of this post, the episode is available on the CMT website without having to sign in with a cable provider. 

• Love 5

Likely pulling up a chair at my own table for one here, but what’s up with Kat’s eyebrows?!  They flashed to an older cheer picture of her without the huge penciled in brows, and I thought she was much prettier.  

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, LaurelleJ said:

As of the time of this post, the episode is available on the CMT website without having to sign in with a cable provider. 

CMT does not allow viewing for countries outside of the US usually, just links to their YouTube channel.

I also tried Amazon, it's available there but only for those with a US address using a credit card from a US bank. 😣

Rewatching last night's premiere and have some thoughts: Really loved Chandi, Kat, Kristen & Lily. Also loved legacy Madeline and am sad she doesn't make the team as I think she's much prettier than VK & she didn't fall out of her turn. Of course Kelli said she didn't even remember she was a legacy until she saw her dance & given that we know this was always VK's year, there probably wasn't room for two legacies on the squad this year. As for the others that we know made it to training camp, the only ones who stood out to me were Amanda, Lisa & Julia and Julia was the only one of those three who I liked outright.

Really pulling for Kristen to make it as she did seem much brighter in the audition and she didn't seem to be looking at the floor so much.

I was surprised that they didn't focus on VK more. I was fully expecting to see a montage of her in training camp last year accompanied by sad music when she got cut & an interview where she talked about how hard its been for her. I suppose we were lucky to only see her focused on twice, once when she fell & then when she was sitting with the other returning rookies. That by the way was so staged. I noticed that when Lily "invited" VK over, she glanced at someone off-camera over to her left. I assumed that was a producer gesturing at Lily to get her to interact with VK. That was the only time I saw VK with any of the returning Rookies while the rest of them did seem to be hanging out together while waiting in line & I saw Kristen hugging Lily at one point.

What is up with Marshall's hair? I mean the guy is a stylist who critiques their hair & yet his is clearly over processed! One of my friend's texted me during the show and was like "his hair looks like straw"!

Where was Charlotte? I can't recall if anyone said anything on here earlier about why she was absent. I couldn't help thinking when Melissa talked about how she got to be in the room with K&J that she only got in there because Charlotte wasn't there.

I really don't get why they are inflating the numbers of how many auditioned. Do they think we can't count?

Anyway, I thought it was a good start. I think next week will be even more revealing.

Edited by Bellisima08
  • Love 4
42 minutes ago, Coffeefrog19 said:

Any comments on the new cover photo that was released? The one with Ashlee, Alanna, and Daphne. Has there already been a discussion and I missed it?  

With the exception of Ashlee, I was... puzzled, let's say, by the selections.

• Love 12
3 minutes ago, Bellisima08 said:

Where was Charlotte? I can't recall if anyone said anything on here earlier about why she was absent. I couldn't help thinking when Melissa talked about how she got to be in the room with K&J that she only got in there because Charlotte wasn't there.

I believe she was the Cannes film festival then. Or some other event that weekend. 

• Love 2

TCC Gina reminds me of Dayton. Same flat affect and zero personality on-camera. Hardly any facial expression, barely any emotion. I mean, give us something that lets us know you’re alive behind your blank stare. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
48 minutes ago, Coffeefrog19 said:

Any comments on the new cover photo that was released? The one with Ashlee, Alanna, and Daphne. Has there already been a discussion and I missed it?  

A couple of weeks ago (maybe last week? Ive been so stressed and busy that things like linear time are blurry) and it was briefly discussed. This was my personal thought on it: 

Out of the 3 "Banner Girls," Ashlee should have been up front. Shes gorgeous and I loved her attitude last year.  I think Alana has a unique look, has a perfect DCC body, and seems like a great performer, so shes a good choice for the flanks.  But I'm not sure why - she just isn't a front of the poster girl to me. Daphne still needs to put on some weight. She has a more masculine look, very squared jaw.  She needs something to soften her look a little. Aesthetically, Caroline would have probably been a better choice from that rookie group.

• Love 8
6 minutes ago, Bellisima08 said:

Cannes Film Festival.  They had to change the dates of auditions, so I think she was already scheduled to be elsewhere.  

6 minutes ago, Bellisima08 said:

I really don't get why they are inflating the numbers of how many auditioned. Do they think we can't count?

Gimmick.  Make every year sound better than the last.  Problem is there are so many long time fans, that it's kind of insulting.  Same with "the most returning veterans trying out" - nope.  Best guest choreographers than we've ever had - really?  

It is kind of funny that one promo said 1000, Kelli said 400 and then when the camera panned away, it's like 150....maybe.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Bellisima08 said:

And then when they were interviewing her afterwards she was like "I just got right back up so hopefully Judy & Kelli didn't see it." Yeah, Veruca, you were in the front row, wobbling like a weeble & you landed on your hands! They saw it!

They saw it but just don't care. 

• Love 10
32 minutes ago, Pickles said:

Probably off topic, but is Dayton still dancing on the cruise ships?

They definitely seem to favor Victoria. I did have to laugh when she pretty much fell down and then just popped right back up with this huge smile. Lol. That girl has some teeth!

No she isn’t dancing on the cruise ship.  I have an acquaintance on the ship in entertainment and while they just finished their contract,  Dayton left several months ago.  

• Useful 2
9 hours ago, M1977G said:

Regarding #MeToo Taylor: I did not believe her at all when she was talking about her media day catastrophe last year--when she tried to back it up and tell Kelli, she was familiar with the movement but just didn't know what it was called (pretty sure that's the embodiment of unfamiliarity, Taylor). And I didn't believe her this year either when she tried to say, "I do know what those things are." She was shaking her head back and forth as she said that, and such body language can be an unconscious indication the person is lying--the body is contradicting what the person is saying. (I spot this kind of body language on reality TV all the time, especially on the Bachelor/ette.) Lying to cover ignorance is...lame. Why not spend the year actually reading news and becoming more educated and aware of the world and instead being able to say, I tried to learn from last year and have worked to become a more informed person about that movement and the world in general? I guess probably because that's not how she spent her year. Very curious how she scored on the written test and how her interview went. I never was a fan of her look or dancing last year, before the media gaffe, but I'm very curious what it was that kept her out of camp this year. Her dancing? Still shitty at interviews? Her look? (Is it just me, or does her face look kind of puffy this year? I like her look even less than last year, and I thought then that she was one of the least attractive ladies in camp.) Or Kelli just won't forgive her (rightfully, in my opinion) for being so ignorant? Not sorry at all that she didn't make it into camp.

On a different note, WTF with the lady who said she justifies her obsession with poms because "God made puppies"??? Bless her heart. That's messed up.

Taylor’s apology seemed rehearsed. She was attempting to take responsibility but she couldn’t quite get there. Nor did she seem to know how to fix it. She didn’t know where to get news from. I’m not saying she was deliberately fibbing. It just sounded hollow.

😂 at the poms and puppies. That was awkward AF with the judges looking at each other (with crickets in the bg). 😳🤭

On another note: it took me a while to qualify this and why it bothered me - Kelli and Judy cackled like wicked witches at VK falling and waved it off. 

I was impressed with the woman in her 40’s. She was a bad ass!!! 

Edited by Dnst1973
Added sentence
  • Love 7