Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E17: Shattered Dreams

• Start Topic

29 minutes ago, queenbee24 said:

She deserves to labor in the floor (although the poor child!).

I think she deserves to labor in a fridge (stolen by Ronald) like a dog at a junkyard. But instead she will likely birth her baby courtesy of Medicaid in the good old USA like the bird she is.

Edited by islandgal140
  • LOL 11
  • Love 9

Liam said, "it's him or me." Does a child really get to make that ultimatum to a mother?

Yes, but not in this instance. She's just being stupid. She's not hurting anyone but herself, or putting anyone else in danger. And Liam is an adult. Poor little Daniel would have the right to give Tiffany this ultimatum. Liam just needs to let his mother fall on her face. 

• Love 14
13 hours ago, sainte-chapelle said:

Yesss...so beautiful. I love Sumit cooking so much baby.

Sainte-Chapelle, that's not fair!  You've got me laughing like an idiot at my desk at work & getting strange stares from my co-workers!

• LOL 8
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, nutella fitzgerald said:

I hope Wife Sumit had friends to cocoon her with takeout and wine while her husband’s mom beat his ass with a flip-flop.

Wife Sumit was THERE!  Perhaps she wielded the other flip-flop.

• LOL 8
  • Love 3
13 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Corey, stay home and don't go back to Evelin. Arrange to sell the bar or whatever you own with her, give her a share if you wish, and find someone else.

He had such a good upbringing (one would think), friends, family, and family life--perhaps too cloistered. Is he really that naive--perfect prey for someone like Evelin--who will see that "her" bar is NEVER sold.  He's brindis.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
17 minutes ago, HaaCHOO said:

But remember, he had to persevere for only 90 days!  Her Visa would expire and they could go back to Romancing by Internet.

This is it!!!  With all his lies, and especially being married, if he could keep his marriage hidden for 90 days and keep feeding Jenny lies about his family not approving long enough, then yup she has to get back on the plane...and the scam/romance continues with her safely back in the US.

• Love 5
37 minutes ago, HaaCHOO said:

Yeah, Jenny, YOUR assumption that you'd be married in that time.  Perhaps (but he is "a spineless sack of shit" Persnikety1™) Sumit's assumption was to have a 90-day Endless Love experience and Jenny would waddle back to Palm Springs.

Ugh, the stupidity.

Sumbitch obviously knew this was being filmed and would air.  I've no clue what Indian broadcast programming is, but surely through social media, etc., his wife and his/her families were going to find out.

So...I wonder if his end game was to shame his wife into divorcing him so he could be with that dream girl Sadsack Jenny.  

But even if that were the case, he knew it would take longer than 90 days and was willing to let Jenny sacrifice everything in America to sit around twiddling her manicured toes whilst awaiting the fallout.  

I do believe the situation happened as described.  I'm sure that deluded Jenny had no fucking clue about who to call or what to do, apparently even with Google translate she cannot find anyone who speaks English in the area of her apartment, and undoubtedly TLC has a huge legal team, so it makes sense that she would call them.  And, TLC being TLC and not because they give a rat's ass about Jenny herself, probably jumped right in to make sure they had no liability in things going sideways...and, well, ratings.  I notice the TLC Card of Shame indicated she had called "production," not the camera crew.  Even if the camera crew had been there, who in their right frame of mind would have gone into that melee to try to film it?  And I'm pretty sure no releases would have been signed by any of the family members.  

I'm also pretty sure when she described to them what had happened, they probably instructed her not to touch anything in the apartment until they could get there and film the aftermath.  

So, I'm giving her the benefit of the doubt that she didn't know he was married (it would have been so easy to hide since he was half a world away) and it all unfolded pretty much as she described.  If she had a half a brain, she'd shag ass back to America...but she's a TLC participant so having even half a brain is a disqualifier.  

• Love 17
2 hours ago, mamadrama said:
11 hours ago, spacenutty said:

Am I the only one who would be calling the US embassy to get someone in India who could help me right away with Indian laws & law enforcement before calling TV producers? Yeah, I’m not buying Jenny’s story.

Jenny seems to be the kind of person who expects others to take care of her.

Yes, exactly.  It's always something happening to her or someone doing something to her...."Oh WHY IS THIS HAPPENING TO ME RIGHT NOW?"  "WHAT A BLOW WE HAVE BEEN DEALT", "I'M ALL ALONE IN INDIA WITHOUT SUMIT TO HELP ME"...all of these things are a direct result of her dumb dumb decision making and she sits there wringing her hands waiting for someone to bail her out.  She ignored everyone's warnings and now she's waiting for everyone else to come save her.  I have little sympathy left for dishrag Jenny.

• Love 20

Tiffany was clearly pregnant before the wedding and before she arrived in SA. When she had that ultrasound on the episode a few weeks back, they had been married six weeks, and that wasn’t a 4-6 week old sized embryo with a clearly defined head, spine, and hands as IDed by the doctor. She’s a dumbass for getting pregnant and rushing into a marriage with an unemployed, fresh out of rehab Criminal with a history of gambling, LSD and meth possession, theft (business and from his family), etc. She clearly did no research on SA. As a tourist, she’s not owed private care or a suite at some luxury maternity wing. The delusions with that one, and she needs to be worried about crackhead-ish Ronald going back to his old ways to get the funds.

I wonder how many times has Laura leaned on Liam when her relationships went belly up. She guilted him into coming and is the type to never let it go that he skipped it, so he showed up even though he doesn’t support the union and doesn’t want to be there. I’m sure Aladin has already left her.

• Love 15
1 hour ago, Mothra said:

About Pole and Karen:  I think maybe the visit by Mother is the prologue to Mother and Father financing Karen's move to the US, now that some of Father's precious vital fluid is involved.

Mother Pole will want access to that chubby nugget of a grandbaby. I bet she finds the wherewithal to co sponsor Karine with a quickness.

1 hour ago, PinkFlamingo said:

I’ve gotten to the point that I can’t stand a single word that comes out of Tiffany’s mouth. Everything she says is a whine or a complaint. Woe is her, she doesn’t want to give birth in a “poor” person hospital, she is stuck in SA because of her addict husband, etc. Everyone else is responsible for her poor decision making.  

STFU Tiffany. Even Ronald wants you to STFU. That’s probably the cause some of the simmering rage, if not now it will be.

I can't figure Tiffany out at all. She chose to live in South Africa! Now she needs to suck it up and make the best of it! Her constant whinging is foolish and worse, boring.

57 minutes ago, HaaCHOO said:

Wife Sumit was THERE!  Perhaps she wielded the other flip-flop.

I would give a lung to clap my eyeballs on Wife Sumit. There must be some pictures floating around in the blogosphere! They must be found. I want to see if Sumit looks happy at his wedding or if he looks like he's going to his execution. (I think I can guess)

• LOL 2
  • Love 17
26 minutes ago, AussieBabe said:

Tiffany was clearly pregnant before the wedding and before she arrived in SA. When she had that ultrasound on the episode a few weeks back, they had been married six weeks, and that wasn’t a 4-6 week old sized embryo with a clearly defined head, spine, and hands as IDed by the doctor. She’s a dumbass for getting pregnant and rushing into a marriage with an unemployed, fresh out of rehab Criminal with a history of gambling, LSD and meth possession, theft (business and from his family), etc. She clearly did no research on SA. As a tourist, she’s not owed private care or a suite at some luxury maternity wing. The delusions with that one, and she needs to be worried about crackhead-ish Ronald going back to his old ways to get the funds.

I wonder how many times has Laura leaned on Liam when her relationships went belly up. She guilted him into coming and is the type to never let it go that he skipped it, so he showed up even though he doesn’t support the union and doesn’t want to be there. I’m sure Aladin has already left her.

Tiffany was thinking with her hoohah not her brain. I feel bad for her son and the coming baby. Neither asked for this idiot to be their mother. 

I think Liam is just tired of all of this. This song and dance probably happens so often because he had to but in no way wanted to. His eyes say "I'm over this"

• Love 11
2 hours ago, politichick said:

Hopefully Aladin will let Laura off gently when he dumps her in the states.

I don’t know, she may need a harsh dumping as a reality check. Liam is being a tool, but her condescending refrain that he doesn’t understand adult relationships was annoying as fuck.  She is the last one who should be giving relationship advice.

• Love 9

Liam is an asshole.

He has no right to demand "its either me or him".

What he does have a right to do is not enable her if her relationships/marriage fail again.

He should of stayed home if all he is going to do is upset everyone and act like a petulant brat.

She already knew how he felt, no point in traveling all that distance.  Besides he hasn't given Aladin a chance. He was rude from the second he wedged himself out of the car.

• Love 19

Another thing about the film crew not being in India for Sumit's family's confrontation with Jenny...

They (Sharp?) said they flew a US team right back, but I think the solo interview with Jenny was done by a local company.  The audio guy who put the mic on Jenny was an Indian, and it was overall a pretty simple scene.

Maybe the US crew (if there was one) filmed the Internet cafe scene with Jenny taking with her daughter+DIL.

• Useful 5
1 hour ago, Mothra said:

I don't like to be the one to bring up kinky stuff (hah) but it seems to me like we've got some Oedipal action going on here, and I think the Skipper is flattered by it.  Liam disapproves not only of Aladdin (whom I'm liking better on every show), but of every man his mother has ever dated since her divorce from his father.  This to me is weird.

He is not concerned about offending Aladdin or his family; I think he's doing what he can to scare off Aladdin and stop the wedding.

I'm tired of people believing they are *above* using facilities that exist for exactly people like them:  poor, no resources and needing help that they can't get elsewhere.  Why indeed does Tiffany deserve better obstetric care than the other women who are in her situation financially?  Furthermore, she has already had one child, so it's not like this is some terrifying new experience which *might* justify a stranger in a strange land being uneasy using services *which exist just for people like her.*  She sure should lose the attitude.

About Pole and Karen:  I think maybe the visit by Mother is the prologue to Mother and Father financing Karen's move to the US, now that some of Father's precious vital fluid is involved.

There is a huge difference between a state hospital in the US and one in SA. The state hospitals in SA are notorious for poor patient care, botched surgeries, and atrocious hygiene. One of the ways of dealing with women in labor is to slap them to shut up their screaming.  Tiffany is an idiot for coming there and forcing her child to go there. She’ll obviously come back to the US to give birth and probably stay. 

• Useful 5
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, PinkFlamingo said:

I’ve gotten to the point that I can’t stand a single word that comes out of Tiffany’s mouth. Everything she says is a whine or a complaint. Woe is her, she doesn’t want to give birth in a “poor” person hospital, she is stuck in SA because of her addict husband, etc. Everyone else is responsible for her poor decision making.  

LOL @ poor people who don't want to give birth in a poor person hospital. 

• Love 16
2 hours ago, HaaCHOO said:

Perhaps (but he is "a spineless sack of shit" Persnikety1™) Sumit's assumption was to have a 90-day Endless Love experience and Jenny would waddle back to Palm Springs.

A sex doll with a built-in expiration date for when you tire of your plaything.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

No one is obligated to love or like a family member. Just genetics. It's nice if it is the case. Laura does not need her adult son's approval for marrying anyone. If she has had crappy relationships before, that's on her and she has to live with the consequences. Liam can walk away and not stand at the ready, complete with broom and dustpan at hand, waiting to sweep up the pieces. Set some healthy boundaries and live his own life.

• Love 8
48 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

I think Liam is just tired of all of this. This song and dance probably happens so often because he had to but in no way wanted to. His eyes say "I'm over this"

I don't disagree, but in that case he should not have allowed himself to be pressured into attending the wedding.  Even if it's true--and we have no reason to doubt--that all Laura's romances end up in the shitter, I wonder if perhaps at least some of those failures could be based on Liam's lack of enthusiasm.

The way I see it is that Liam as an only child has a special hold on Mom, that their relationship is a little too egalitarian and not enough parent-son.  The fact that he feels that *all* her romantic relationships since his dad have been a big mistake makes me a little queasy.  (And since her relationship with his dad ended in divorce, that's not a great example of a successful relationship.)  Maybe they have, maybe they haven't, but I don't get the impression that Liam was pulling for any of them to be successful.

Reminds me of a little kid who forever dreams that his divorced parents will get back together.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, PinkFlamingo said:

People who are negative about every damn thing just get to be a drag to be around and suck all the air out of the damn room. She just wants to be the victim so she can whine about it. 

And that is why she chose to hook up with an addict.  Classic example of codependency and a martyr complex.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
10 hours ago, Lady Iris said:

I consider myself a somewhat naïve person generally speaking but I have to say that I bought Jenny's distress. Real or not that woman is feeling this trauma and pain over her little snaggletoothed cheating liar. If it happened the way she reported it, it really must've been quite frightening. A herd of strangers busting into your home and dragging your lover to god knows where. I know jacksquat about the law in India but can a man really be thrown in jail for adultery?

Someone pointed out that the law recently was repealed, but it is possible that Mrs. Sumit and the rest of the family do not know this or they figured Jenny didn't know so that could use this threat to scare her off.  I do not believe Sumit went to jail. 

12 hours ago, nr65000 said:

This 100%.  Her hysteria about the ordeal, her practically swooning when she said "Sumit was dragged out of her arms" and her sobbing out that "Sumit said he Luuuuuvvvved ME" is so over the top adolescent. 

Those lines plus the one about being dealt a blow and being a side-kick all seem like they were written by someone who has spent a life time reading steamy romance novels.   I spent the morning having my hair done and trying to figure out the truth about Sumit and Jenny.   Maybe once she realized he was married, he promised to marry her because he didn't love his wife and was getting divorced.  Jenny is probably not bright enough to realize that divorce in India is much less common than here and he strung her along.  Not a problem for him as he knows she will forgive his lies.

8 hours ago, HaaCHOO said:

But remember, he had to persevere for only 90 days!  Her Visa would expire and they could go back to Romancing by Internet.

Not to be picky, but her tourist visa is for a max of 180 days per visit, but not more than 300 days in a year.  It is good for multiple visits during the  10 years it is in effect.  So as long as she can afford it,  she can keep returning to India.

10 hours ago, b2H said:

One of my colleagues on my project had to travel there for a week.  Yup, it is.

I have friends from SA who say it is far worse than it appears on this show.   I  expect Ronald will either find some drugs to sell or go back to stealing or gambling to finance the private hospital, but I think Tiff may return to the states.  Like some other posters,  I wondered about the possibility of a midwife who should be considerably less expensive than the private hospital. 

Edited by Twopper
  • Love 6
58 minutes ago, Mu Shu said:

There is a huge difference between a state hospital in the US and one in SA. The state hospitals in SA are notorious for poor patient care, botched surgeries, and atrocious hygiene. One of the ways of dealing with women in labor is to slap them to shut up their screaming.  Tiffany is an idiot for coming there and forcing her child to go there. She’ll obviously come back to the US to give birth and probably stay. 

It would be a huge infection risk for Tiffany and the baby to be exposed to someone’s blood or other body fluids. My niece right now has been fighting for her life after contacting a staph infection in a so called clean hospital. I don’t think it is being a princess to not want to risk your baby’s life.

Edited by Madding crowd
  • Love 1

Jenny could easily have told Sumit that she loved him and supported him but would not let herself be treated this way.

Did she ask about what his plans were for leaving his wife, how he was going to get out of a loveless marriage (if he was able to do so and if it was a loveless marriage), if he could divorce her, etc. When was he going to divorce her? Does he have any kids that could complicate things?

Love does not always equal relationship. Jenny is about need.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, Madding crowd said:

It would be a huge infection risk for a Tiffany and the baby to be exposed to someone’s blood or other body fluids. My niece right now has been fighting for her life after contacting a staph infection in a so called clean hospital. I don’t think it is being a princess to not want to risk your baby’s life.

I don't think its being a princess but she should have thought things over more carefully by learning about SA before getting pregnant. 

• Love 19
3 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

I don't think its being a princess but she should have thought things over more carefully by learning about SA before getting pregnant. 

Heck, she should have stayed away from Ronald to begin with! 

• Love 17
13 hours ago, Hellohappylife said:

Karine could careless about meeting her mother in law.

Huh, I didn't get that impression. I thought she was happy that she was coming and could help her with Paul and Pierre. I tend to give humanity too much credit tho so maybe you are right.

• Love 15
11 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

Jenny could easily have told Sumit that she loved him and supported him but would not let herself be treated this way.

Did she ask about what his plans were for leaving his wife, how he was going to get out of a loveless marriage (if he was able to do so and if it was a loveless marriage), if he could divorce her, etc. When was he going to divorce her? Does he have any kids that could complicate things?

Love does not always equal relationship. Jenny is about need.

I do not get the impression that Jenny is loaded down with a lot of self confidence so speaking up for herself is one thing, acting on it is another...she probably does not think she is worthy of standing up for herself.

Jenny mentioned that the father in law said that Smitty and his daughter had been married for two years, I would think they would have children already since birth control is most likely not used.  

Smitty quit his job for real, I wonder how his wife and in laws feel about that, what reason could he give them for quitting his job?

• Love 2
25 minutes ago, cheewhiz said:

Huh, I didn't get that impression. I thought she was happy that she was coming and could help her with Paul and Pierre. I tend to give humanity too much credit tho so maybe you are right.

I thought she seemed nervous but was quite gracious to her. She was probably thrilled to have someone else to deal with Paul! 

• LOL 7
  • Love 12
3 hours ago, HaaCHOO said:

Or go into labor with Ronnie nearby and let him finish what he started!  FREE!

I wouldn't want him anywhere near her when she gives birth, I would not trust him to not do something really horrible. 

3 hours ago, MajorNelson said:

This is it!!!  With all his lies, and especially being married, if he could keep his marriage hidden for 90 days and keep feeding Jenny lies about his family not approving long enough, then yup she has to get back on the plane...and the scam/romance continues with her safely back in the US.

So what is he getting out of this then? Has she been sending him money? 

• Useful 1
12 hours ago, Christina said:

but he really comes across as a drug addict to me

THIS!  

Its the old "I'll admit to the less embarassing addiction" ploy.   It also allows you to avoid the hard work of dealing with your actual addiction.  It also allows you to string your fiance along because it sounds like a more socially-acceptable addiction.

I'm the child of a gambling addict.  Believe it or not, he copped to being an alcoholic as an excuse for his behaviour.  And guess what?  He didn't drink!!  In his world, being an alcoholic was more socially-acceptable than being a gambling addict.  It was also a whole lot easier to do a 12-step program for a non-existent problem where he could get unearned sympathy and kudos.  Classic distraction ploy.

• Useful 5
  • Love 9

I have zero respect for Jenny if she stays.  She knows how misogynistic the culture is and she knows she will be setting up sumit's actual wife for judgment and derision.  It's fantastically selfish and small minded.   Yeah, this is sumit's fault, but there is enough blame to go around and Jenny continuing this in spite of the fact that sumit is married and knowing that someone who IS innocent will suffer puts her low in my book.  

• Love 19
14 hours ago, HaaCHOO said:
18 hours ago, hisbunkie said:

Paul’s Mother is so sweet and gracious and kind.

That is NOT the mother we met in previous seasons.

She made a comment about baby Pierre like "Look how much hair he has!" and I could not help thinking: Stay away from that sweet baby's head with your scissors -- you will NOT be taking a piece of his hair home with you!

• LOL 20
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, islandgal140 said:

Marrying an addict less than a week after they get out of a rehabilitation program and then having the nerve to complain about trust issues and having to babysit him when she won't give him an ounce of freedom to prove himself. I don't know what kind of wellness clinic this is but don't most preach not to make major life changes until at least a year after completing rehab. Old Ronnie boy and Tiff do them all in one fell swoop - get married, new insta family and get pregnant within weeks of being released all without $$$$ or prospects. 

Lastly, her dumbest decision - getting pregnant like a week after the wedding despite having no financial security, no safe place to live, no idea what the healthcare system is like in SA, no plan for the future, and then whining about all of that. 

She is the worst!! 

Seriously.  I've seen lots of people get sober, and definitely have observed that the spouses who need alaonon (or equivalent therapy to address their control/self esteem/family issues) are waaaaaay more resistant to change than the drunks and junkies they complain about (my peeps!).  When the families get help, too, the outcome can be wonderful.  But when one person stays in codependent patterns while the other is really trying to work the principles of recovery, it never works out in the long term.

True story:  I took a friend to an al-anon meeting after hearing her constantly obsess over her alcoholic husband.  She was new, introduced herself, then listened to everyone, going around the table, describe how codependency crippled them emotionally, how they came to understand that they needed help, how they learned to focus on working their own honest program of recovery, and how it had transformed their life.

My friend's response?  She went around the table, telling each speaker what they needed to do to improve their life.  She really didn't hear anything that anyone said; rather, she heard people asking for her help.  Ha!  I'm still her friend, but I don't listen to any complaints about her husband and (now, predictably) junkie son - that complaining/focus on addicts is her heroin - and I'm not going to enable her.

(I tell her to talk to a therapist about it, because she's a great person, she deserves a better life, and she has the power to change her life.  After 30 years of this advice, I doubt she'll ever follow it, but it always bears repeating!)

So I'm not super optimistic about Ron and Tiff's chances......

1 hour ago, Twopper said:

Those lines plus the one about being dealt a blow and being a side-kick all seem like they were written by someone who has spent a life time reading steamy romance novels.  

That's such a great observation!  I'll bet that she does read romance novels.  

I, myself, do not (to quote Hannibal Lector), but I find the romance novel phenomenon SO interesting.  I would wager that women on romance-based reality television shows read more romance novels than the general population.  Especially in our little group of 90DF morons.

Edited by OldButHappy
  • Love 11
9 minutes ago, OldButHappy said:

Seriously.  I've seen lots of people get sober, and definitely have observed that the spouses who need alaonon (or equivalent therapy to address their control/self esteem/family issues) are waaaaaay more resistant to change than the drunks and junkies they complain about (my peeps!).  When the families get help, too, the outcome can be wonderful.  But when one person stays in codependent patterns while the other is really trying to work the principles of recovery, it never works out in the long term.

True story:  I took a friend to an al-anon meeting after hearing her constantly obsess over her alcoholic husband.  She was new, introduced herself, then listened to everyone, going around the table, describe how codependency crippled them emotionally, how they came to understand that they needed help, how they learned to focus on working their own honest program of recovery, and how it had transformed their life.

My friend's response?  She went around the table, telling each speaker what they needed to do to improve their life.  She really didn't hear anything that anyone said; rather, she heard people asking for her help.  Ha!  I'm still her friend, but I don't listen to any complaints about her husband and (now, predictably) junkie son - that complaining/focus on addicts is her heroin - and I'm not going to enable her.

(I tell her to talk to a therapist about it, because she's a great person, she deserves a better life, and she has the power to change her life.  After 30 years of this advice, I doubt she'll ever follow it, but it always bears repeating!)

So I'm not super optimistic about Ron and Tiff's chances......

That's such a great observation!  I'll bet that she does read romance novels.  

I, myself, do not (to quote Hannibal Lector), but I find the romance novel phenomenon SO interesting.  I would wager that women on romance-based reality television shows read more romance novels than the general population.  Especially in our little group of 90DF morons.

What makes you think that any of the 90DF morons are able to read? Or, at any rate, able to read anything other than emoji encrusted texting?

• LOL 12
  • Love 4
2 minutes ago, Gobi said:

What makes you think that any of the 90DF morons are able to read? Or, at any rate, able to read anything other than emoji encrusted texting?

Yea, maybe if they read more they would spend less time trolling for men! 

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
16 hours ago, Barbara Please said:

Tiffany's Yelp ad for a South African hospital: "South Africa is Nothing like the US,  and because my husband Ronald is an addict, I'm stuck here, and really have no choice but drop this baby on an unclean bloody floor in a public hospital while wearing a hospital gown without cold shoulders."  

Bloody hilarious!

18 hours ago, Armchair Critic said:

I think she had known for awhile Sumit was married but went along with it because he told her he was forced into it and didn't love his wife. I also found it suspicious that her daughter wasn't more shocked when Jenny told her.

Jenny telling them the news was some really terrible acting right there.

1 hour ago, cheewhiz said:

Kreeny is the personification of bone idle, so I bet she was thrilled to have someone else there to wait on her. I will say that she made an effort to look presentable, though - it's the best I've seen her look - credit where credit is due...

Edited by lizajane
typo
  • Love 10

So after all the hysterics, drama, teeth gnashing and caterwauling Jenny looks into the camera and states that she's "a little disgusted with Sumit right now".  A little disgusted Jenny, that's all you got? sure Jan.

• LOL 13
  • Love 4

Ha ha, Liam read Laura for filth and I was here for it!  Her revisionist history of telling aladin that Liam doesn't want her to find love or whatever was such bullshit.  

Laura has sold it to Liam that all her ex's were bad, but I bet that that was not the truth and now she is salty that Liam thinks aladin is a mistake too.  

Laura also saying she was "under attack" was precious.  Nah bitch he told you about yourself and you didn't like it.  I bet she wishes he had just stayed home now. 

Laura can also miss me with her basically setting Liam up to fight with aladin.  She is so thirsty for attention from anyone that this is what she resorts to.  I'd be super pissed if some random dude marrying my mom who was nearly half her age wanted to "put me in my place" and Laura knows exactly how Liam is going to act.

When aladin rightfully dumps her skipper looking ass, she will be able to cry to Liam and claim victimhood.

• LOL 1
  • Love 16

I feel like I have to interpret each storyline 2 ways.  First, if the people are genuine, and second, if the viewers are being scammed by the couples and/or the producers.  Not to mention even if the producers are being truthful, they're not giving us full story with context.

The editing on Jenny's story was kind of weird.  Last week, Sumit just announces to the producers that he's married, then this week we jump into Jenny after she and Sumit's in laws have found out.  It's impossible for me to blame or absolve Jenny without knowing more about the situation - did she know Sumit was married?  Or that his family was planning an arranged marriage after she met them?  On the other hand, I feel for Sumit's wife and her family finding out that Sumit had a woman on the side.  That is, unless the wife already knew that Jenny existed and that she was being arranged in an effort to get Sumit to settle down away from his "exotic" tendencies.  Was Jenny blindsided?  Was Sumit's wife blindsided?  Were either of them knowing participants?  I don't know.  I was also distracted at the internet cafe by the patron behind Jenny that was blatantly eavesdropping while trying to pretend he wasn't.

Not sure what calling the embassy would have accomplished.  The embassy's not going to book Jenny a plane ticket or prevent her from being arrested by local authorities if she committed a crime.  Nor would they act as lawyers for her.  At best they'll try to arrange communication and money transfer between Jenny, her family, and Indian legal counsel.

Turning to Liam, I can't judge him without context.  Did he come in what was meant to be a good-faith effort to support his mom and find out more about her fiance?  If so, he's acting like a jerk.  Did he come to try and warn his mom against making a mistake she's already made before?  If so, his nonsocial behavior is more understandable.  Was he pretty much bribed by TLC to come over?  Then I'd expect him to not be happy, but to at least "perform" for his bribe.  But without knowing the details that TLC is omitting I can't criticize or defend him.

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

From the boards and the previews I expected that hospital to be a shit show.  

For the most part the hospital looked clean and had modern looking equipment.  It's not luxurious, but since neither of them are working I guess they will have to get budget birth.  

That place was not the Kobe beef of hospitals but it was the McDonald's beef patty of hospital. Not ideal, but it'll get the job done.  

You're going to save thousands of dollars and you'll give birth in a place that looks relatively clean, albeit small, not as private and won't allow addict Ronald in to steal their equipment.

LOL @ Ronald is going to be sure to get the money.  What a white knight!  I wonder whose refrigerator he will steal this time....or will he go straight to the bank of mommy for the money.  

Tiffany knows that fool doesn't have access to any great fund of legal money.  So she knows he is either going to do something illegal or ask Mommy for the funds.  All because Tiffany, relatively young and healthy, doesn't wany to give birth in a place where countless other women have given birth.

Also, is that the ONLY public hospital?

• Love 8
18 hours ago, Armchair Critic said:

TLC you had one job and you didn't get the big confrontation with Sumit's family? You suck!

If Jenny stayed with Sumit after all this I really have no sympathy for her. Actually I ran out of sympathy for her a few episodes ago. 

I think she had known for awhile Sumit was married but went along with it because he told her he was forced into it and didn't love his wife. I also found it suspicious that her daughter wasn't more shocked when Jenny told her.

And it sounded like so many blows were dealt!  Couldnt they just have done a dramatic re-enactment?  Complete with the dirty look and finger wagging? 

I'm with you, zero sympathy for Jenny and the fact that she wasn't on the first flight out gives me negative sympathy.

No matter the circumstances, sumit is married.  Leave that married man alone. Let him get on with his wife and his life.  

I also think Jenny is exhausting.  She is 60, I get that the blows dealt were devestating, but damn with the constant crying and "what am I going to do??????". She is so helpless....like a 10 year old. 

I truly have more faith in Avery to figure things out in Syria than I do in Jenny to figure out how to make otter pops.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 18
15 minutes ago, RealReality said:

From the boards and the previews I expected that hospital to be a shit show.  

For the most part the hospital looked clean and had modern looking equipment.  It's not luxurious, but since neither of them are working I guess they will have to get budget birth.  

That place was not the Kobe beef of hospitals but it was the McDonald's beef patty of hospital. Not ideal, but it'll get the job done.  

You're going to save thousands of dollars and you'll give birth in a place that looks relatively clean, albeit small, not as private and won't allow addict Ronald in to steal their equipment.

LOL @ Ronald is going to be sure to get the money.  What a white knight!  I wonder whose refrigerator he will steal this time....or will he go straight to the bank of mommy for the money.  

Tiffany knows that fool doesn't have access to any great fund of legal money.  So she knows he is either going to do something illegal or ask Mommy for the funds.  All because Tiffany, relatively young and healthy, doesn't wany to give birth in a place where countless other women have given birth.

Also, is that the ONLY public hospital?

I agree, and she expressed zero concern about the possibility of infection or unsanitary conditions.  The only thing she voiced concern about was privacy and not being to have Gamblin' Ronnie by her side. 

I look for her to beat feet back to America when birthin' time arrives.  She clearly thinks her broke ass deserves better than the 20-30 broke ass South African women giving birth there every day.  

Hell, when I was in active labor, privacy was at the bottom of my priority list, if it was even on my radar at all.  I was too focused on getting through the pain and delivering a healthy baby girl, not on who might glimpse my lady parts or see me doubled over with a contraction.  

Ugh.  For some reason, I think this imbecile bothers me more than any of the other imbeciles.  Her lack of any planning, practicality, acceptance, or concern for her kid just make my spleen spasm.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 13
16 hours ago, Gigglepuff said:

Not only that, but why the hell should S.A. pay for her to drop her kid on the public's dime? I'm 99.9% sure that no travel health insurance covers pregnancy or giving birth (check out all the stories of dumb-dumbs who don't read the fine print on their insurance documents and end up with hefty bills from foreign hospitals along with their little miracle), and I'm pretty sure that since she's not a citizen of S.A. she's not entitled to free health care there.  

I bet that since Tiffany had her first kid without the boyfriend with her, she has romanticized the idea of giving birth with your husband there, holding your hand, or leg.  She should just get over that vision and have the baby in the US.  She keeps saying that she wants Ronald to be there for the birth but I think it is more that SHE wants him there.  He would probably rather be out gamblin'.

Something about the way he kept saying, "the funds will be there, the funds will be there" really made me uneasy! 

He is creepy with his too-long JORTS!

15 hours ago, Hellohappylife said:

Laura- Her son is a douche,that seems to have traveled all the way there for nothing just to stay in a hotel room? It’s starting to seem like it’s aladin’s wedding because, Laura hasn’t shown an ounce of effort or excitement at all! 

I understand why Laura would not be excited - I wouldn't be thrilled to attend an all-night party with a whole group of people I don't know.  It sounds terrible. 

I bet Liam is a hermit, and the thought of interacting with people makes him really anxious.  I do feel for him, but he could be less douche-ey about it.

1 hour ago, cinsays said:

I wouldn't want him anywhere near her when she gives birth, I would not trust him to not do something really horrible. 

Like steal the baby...

• LOL 1
  • Love 8