Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E17: Shattered Dreams

• Start Topic

Jenny hears shocking news about Sumit; Laura is torn between Liam and Aladin; Corey returns to Evelin in Ecuador; Paul's mother arrives in Brazil; Tiffany worries about giving birth in South Africa. 

Airs 9/16/19.

• Love 1

Depending on what kinds of punishment are intended for Sumit, TLC will have a field day.

Since they seemed obsessed with "exotic" (gross) foods , Aladin might cancel the goat and Sumit will end up on the big skewer.

Yes, Laura my love, chubby Indian men with bad teeth are a delicacy here !

• LOL 9
2 minutes ago, iwasish said:

She should have walked up to him and kicked him in the balls. 

I can just see the little creep with his tiny fists all balled up, preparing to take on all of them. 

Didnt she say he declared his love for her as he was being hauled away?  So romantic,,, like Stanley Kowalski screaming “STELLA” “STELLA”!!!!!

KHAN!!!!!!!!

• LOL 9
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

Sumit will be all snap, crackle and pop on the wedding spit.

No one heard any of this giant altercation? Why would the father in law show up? No photos of the wife, no nothing? Did any of this really happen?

I'd book the first flight home or to London or whatever I could get. Enough is enough with such a creep. Block the phone, cut off contact. Let Sumit fly to California to beg forgiveness.

Do wonder how much she really knew but did not let on.

Nice of Pole's mom to visit him and Karine. He actually seemed a bit better this episode. And Karine did not care if the mother in law held the baby.

Corey, stay home and don't go back to Evelin. Arrange to sell the bar or whatever you own with her, give her a share if you wish, and find someone else.

Tiffany, why did you get preggers so soon after you got married, or a few days before you got married? Your husband does not have a decent paying job, is not likely to get one within a few months, doesn't really have a way to pay for a private hospital for the birth. What were you thinking?

Liam, whether you like it or not, you suck it up and you make an appearance at your mother's wedding party. The family is watching you and it is rude to not show up. You do not have to like your mother's choices - they are hers to make even though you know things will go badly. You be kind, loving, and gracious, and get the broom and dustpan ready to clean up her mess. Aladin has been nice to you, wants to get to know you.

Who’s going to pay for her delivery in the US? Is She going to get charity care in a nice clean facility with plenty of drugs and nurses to help her and then scoot back to SA. She better think too about pediatric care for the baby and what if Daniel should get ill or injured. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 12

Sumit will escape India and go to California to the love of his life.

He has no teeth now (not such a bad thing) lots of scars.

He is so happy to be free of his forced upon wife and he almost gallops to Jenny's door.

Ding Dong, JENNY !! I AM HERE MY LOVE !

Jesse Meester opens the door and says "yoooou ruuuuuin everything !

• LOL 24
30 minutes ago, mamadrama said:

From the very beginning it's felt like Jenny was approaching this like a lovesick teen. Believing that a male model more than half her age would just randomly hit her up, calling him a "player", all the heart emjois and bullshit through the messenger and FB pages, weeping with joy when her visa arrived, etc. I am starting to think that she has some kind of developmental delay or something. IF all this is real (and I'm about 50/50 on it) then I really don't think Jenny should be out anywhere on her own. It does not seem like she can make mature, adult decisions. She's lucky she didn't get scammed into going somewhere, handing over all her money, and then killed. 

This is pretty much what I keep going back to...I don’t think she is bright enough to pull off this kind of sham. She seems very simple to me.

• LOL 1
  • Love 18
3 minutes ago, Iamthatmom said:

This is pretty much what I keep going back to...I don’t think she is bright enough to pull off this kind of sham. She seems very simple to me.

And if you look at her FB correspondence with "Michael Jones" (stuff that goes back to 2014 so long before the show) it's evident even back then that her words and stuff don't line up with someone her age-or with someone who has any experience at all with men. I know plenty of older women who are childlike and innocent and even naive, but Jenny comes across as something a little extra. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, mamadrama said:

She's lucky she didn't get scammed into going somewhere, handing over all her money, and then killed. 

The season is not over yet. I have faith that she can behave even more foolishly than she has so far. 

Come on Janet, earn your pay.!

💰

• LOL 13
  • Love 5

I feel for Jenny- but she is very naive and lacks judgement.  The one who I get crazy insane about is Deavan.  She says "i gave up everything for someone I know very little about"---HMMM- and she has a baby with the guy.  Now is not the time to be worried about that- she should have never taken her underwear off and got under the sheets with this guy if she didn't know anything about him.  Of course she already has driscilla from another guy she is in no relationship with.  

Leam is a joke- what a jackass.  Arrogant ass hole.  He is the kind of guy no one likes-.  but tolerates.  

This show is the worst--terrible editing- terrible story telling--the stories are dragged out for weeks- and each episode has so many commercials and really is only trying to extend everyone watching.  

TLC--I'm done.  YOur show sucks.  You should have had Sumits parents and that drama on the show- not ronalds wife complaining about his criminal past---again ---its too late to be complaining about that.  Or devan complaining about jihoon- too late =get your tubes tied- you obviously have issues with keeping your legs closed. 

• Love 10

2 or 2.5 years ago, Sumit was married.  Not sure of the timing, but that would have to be after when (whenever) Jenny stayed with Sumit's parents.  As to some conspiracy, I'm not so sure Jenny could carry off knowing he's married and yet playing the story out that he isn't

So we have Sumit with lots of lies which he himself says ("so many lies").  The catfisher's caught up in his web of lies.  And I don't believe he wants to be with Jenny and not his arranged wife.

Jenny's daughter continues to give good advice.

• Love 10

Is anyone more versed in Indian law?  I was googling it and all I could find about adultery laws was a man sleeping with a married woman, not the other way around, and that was overturned last year.  What sort of actual trouble is Sumit in?  Maybe some sort of legally binding contract signed at the arranged marriage?  As I understand it, while arranged marriages happen frequently in India, if your parents arrange it you aren't under any legal obligation to carry through with it, so he could have said no.  If Jenny truly didn't know...why on Earth would she still be considering staying with somebody who has done absolutely nothing but lie to her from day one.

Tiffany doesn't seem to have quite grasped yet how much South Africa has two very different societies.  The very privileged white population, which does live largely like we do in the US, aside from being behind electric fences, and the largely impoverished basically third world existence most of the black population has.  The public hospitals are for the impoverished with nowhere else to go.

Liam....why did he even come.  Just to start trouble?  I get that he's probably jet lagged and tired but at least put in an hour or so and politely excuse yourself.  If you didn't want to go that badly...he should have stuck to it and NOT FLOWN THERE.

Corey how obvious does it need to be that Evelyn doesn't love you?  Does she need to do it in skywriting over the beach by her bar? 

• Love 20
22 minutes ago, talons said:

TLC--I'm done.  YOur show sucks.  You should have had Sumits parents and that drama on the show-

Production was not in India when it happened.  Jenny called them in a panic and they got there as quickly as possible--but missed the drama.

5 minutes ago, MajorNelson said:

Liam - I had defended him and his view of his Mom's marriage, back when he was in Florida.  But then I was disappointed that the producer's talked/paid him into going to Tunisia.  But regardless of his stance on the marriage and view of Aladin or his mother;s choices, he really really should have gone to the wedding night parties.  At least to observe from the fringes, or to try the local grog.  Maybe talk to a couple of people; it wouldn't kill him.

For someone who seems so socially awkward (does he have friends?), he sure is Man of the House and Mr. I Make the Rules.  Did his mother NEVER discuss other cultures with him?  He'll be lucky if he doesn't get beat up while he's there (she should have discussed THAT too).  And what is so great about him anyway?

Edited by HaaCHOO
  • Love 13
23 minutes ago, spacenutty said:

Am I the only one who would be calling the US embassy to get someone in India who could help me right away with Indian laws & law enforcement before calling TV producers? Yeah, I’m not buying Jenny’s story.

Remember, there's that BIG TLC paycheck!  Her contract might require her to call Production first.  Hopefully, they'll help her get back and make sure they film any and all drama.

3 hours ago, hisbunkie said:

Paul’s Mother is so sweet and gracious and kind.

That is NOT the mother we met in previous seasons.

3 hours ago, hisbunkie said:

There is no way his family would ever cooperate and sign a release. 

Yes, this too!

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

UPCOMING FRAUDING ALERT!!

I'm calling it now so when it happens I can proclaim my psychic abilities for announcing the obvious before it happens.

Since I was watching football when this was on, I went back and rewatched the part I missed, which was Tiffany at the hospital, along with Jenny's caterwauling of course. At one point, the hospital rep tells Tiffany that Ronald would not be able to be with her when she delivers because there isn't enough room. Okay, that may be true, but I'm calling future FRAUDING!

We now have an excuse for Tiffany to return to the US and deliver her baby with Ronald watching on video like with Deavan/Jihoon. Ronald is not going to be able to "make sure the funds are available" by any legal means so she'll let the American taxpayers pay for her bundle of joy while Ronald watches on a video stream. 

At least if that happens, (I mean WHEN since I'm psychic), Daniel will get to return to the US for a bit, see his friends and family, and maybe, Tiffany will end up enrolling him back in school here for some other reason yet to be disclosed. I truly dislike her and Ronald and both of their behaviors. 

14 minutes ago, Mu Shu said:

Im not buying Jihoon as a criminal. He made a mistake and paid for it. Speaking of criminals, Ronald was very weird. Like this anger just under the surface he was only just containing. 

Ronald comes across to me as someone who is white-knuckling his addictions instead of actually treating them. In the scene of that car trip to get a part for the car he looked triggered and minutes away from using. He is probably a gambling addict, too, but he really comes across as a drug addict to me. 

Why actually go to rehab when you can go to a Wellness Center? Something about that has always come across as not legitimate to me, but I can't actually say why. It's like he's not being honest about his issues or something. I'm sure the baby will fix all their issues right up!

32 minutes ago, Hellohappylife said:

Paul/karine-  it was Sad how poles mom said it would probably be the only time she gets to hold that baby again.  Karine could careless about meeting her mother in law. Which seemed kinda odd,but than again she’s married to pole.  

Apparently, there were some scenes cut for time that may be in the More to Love episodes, but it sounds like Karine's really rough labor continued with a rougher than typical postpartum. Her mom and Pole actually tried to get along and help Karine out, and I suspect we are going to learn that she had postpartum depression that was more than the typical exhaustion from childbirth. 

I don't care for Karine but she was still a better host to her MIL than Pao and I think she was really struggling there for a bit making her come across as more odd than normal.

Anyway, I'm sure Pierre is going to fix all their problems, you know, like baby's do.

• Love 21
6 minutes ago, Chippings said:

Not the most compelling story of this episode, but I wondered as I was watching Tiffany and Ronald -- does no one on this show ever carry a conversation to its logical conclusion?  In this case ..  they seem to have decided they'd rather have the baby born at a private hospital. Ronald:  "I'll see that there is enough money." Tiffany:  (Silence.  Scowls.)   Wouldn't the next thing be to say "How do you propose to do that?  What is your plan?  Can you afford it with what you make at the rehab centre?  Can you make some extra money delivering packages for Amazon?  Be specific."

Just a scowl and silence.   Off the top of my head I also remember Jihoon saying "Don't worry .."  And Deaven just looked vague..   Jenny could have asked Sumit a few more questions too.  The Tiffany / Ronald caught my attention this time.

Because soap operas gotta soap!

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
7 minutes ago, Chippings said:

Not the most compelling story of this episode, but I wondered as I was watching Tiffany and Ronald -- does no one on this show ever carry a conversation to its logical conclusion?  In this case ..  they seem to have decided they'd rather have the baby born at a private hospital. Ronald:  "I'll see that there is enough money." Tiffany:  (Silence.  Scowls.)   Wouldn't the next thing be to say "How do you propose to do that?  What is your plan?  Can you afford it with what you make at the rehab centre?  Can you make some extra money delivering packages for Amazon?  Be specific."

The specific is selling drugs or whatever stolen items he obtains, though, and she can't claim ignorance if it's on film.

• Love 5