Type keyword(s) to search

S6.E16: Reunion Part 2

• Start Topic

So here’s the thing, and I don’t want to come off as being argumentative - it’s an honest question. Has Shep ever denied saying that to Austen? I can’t for the life of me figure out why he would disclose that unless he was blackout, but I also don’t recall if he’s ever denied it. Was that a reunion question at all and I missed it?

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, RedDelicious said:

So here’s the thing, and I don’t want to come off as being argumentative - it’s an honest question. Has Shep ever denied saying that to Austen? I can’t for the life of me figure out why he would disclose that unless he was blackout, but I also don’t recall if he’s ever denied it. Was that a reunion question at all and I missed it?

He said at the time of the argument  that it wasn’t true.

Also, it was said TO hurt so why wouldn’t Danni be hurt by it even if it was true.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 10
Just now, biakbiak said:

He said during the argument that it wasn’t true.

🤔 in front of Danni though. Of course he’s going to say that. I wish they would have called Shep out during the reunion on whether or not he really said that to Austen. I would have liked to have seen his behavior during his response; I think that would have told us a lot and it also would have called both boys to the carpet  for their poor behavior. 

• Love 13

I do not like any of the cast anymore. If there is not some kind of cast overhaul I probably will not watch next season. I just do not care about any of them. I want more of SC New Orleans, because I actually like almost the whole cast and they are fun.

• Love 9

I find it irksome that so much of the cast lets Shep asshole behavior slide just like they did with Thomas.  

And I still can't make sense of the behavior they let slide and the stuff that they harp on.  It always feels like they focus in on stuff that is the lesser evil than the stuff they excuse.  I can't quite work out what gender, socio economic, or off screen factors are in play.

At least Shep looks miserable although he doesn't seem at all remorseful.

• Love 20
14 minutes ago, RedDelicious said:

🤔 in front of Danni though. Of course he’s going to say that. I wish they would have called Shep out during the reunion on whether or not he really said that to Austen. I would have liked to have seen his behavior during his response; I think that would have told us a lot and it also would have called both boys to the carpet  for their poor behavior. 

Why is it so important?  Shep said it wasn't true.  Danni said it wasn't true.  Austen said he misconstrued.  Austen also said he didn't have sex with that woman.  Austen is pretty unreliable about facts.

If Danni said it's untrue and Shep said it was untrue, that's good for me.  Danni brought the receipts. 

It's just not important and Madison should never have brought it up in the first place.  She did it to hurt Danni.  It says a lot more about Madison than it says about Danni.

• Love 18
40 minutes ago, slowpoked said:

That didn’t last long.  I posted on the media thread that Danni was on a podcast last week where she said that Madison directly contacted Gentry which freaked him out because he didn’t want anything to do with the show or be part of its storyline. It seriously affected their relationship and they broke up.  The podcast is with Kate Casey if you’re interested.

• Useful 3
  • Love 4
10 hours ago, nexxie said:

Madison does seem a bit off - a game player without empathy, at the least.

I can't  stand Shep and haven't for a while. I would almost always love anyone putting him in his place But Madison seems like a horrible person.  Her going for danni had the protector in me come out. 

Katherine is not a person I could be friends with. She has the belief that everything about her is way more important.  If Thomas will use this against you? Get off tv.

Nothing changes with the men on this show ,they suck big time!

Edited by Coffeewinewater
  • Love 24
30 minutes ago, RedDelicious said:

Shep texted Austin saying he betrayed him.  Betrayal means I trusted you with something NOT “you lied.”

Of course she had it!  

I actually think it’s gross to bring up, and stds are not fodder for tv but... if you can’t take the heat get out of the kitchen!  You take a paycheck to be on a reality show- reality tv is awful and disgusting- get off the show if you don’t like this.

IMO “medical records” are not receipts.

• Love 24
5 minutes ago, breezy424 said:

Why is it so important?

I just see it differently. In my opinion it started with Shep telling Austen, which he shouldn’t have done. And I think Madison brought it up to hurt Shep, not Danni, because it was Shep and Madison who were having the argument. Danni was collateral damage, and if she hadn’t freaked out the way she did, I would be more inclined to believe her. I think Danni was more upset about the DMs with her boyfriend at the time, and was super sensitive, especially given her broken engagement. I think she needs a thicker skin. I guess in conclusion it really bugs me that the story started with Shep and nobody really called him out on it.

• Love 15

I don't think this gig is right for Eliza. For one thing, she's too young for this cast. But more than that, being chill and non-judgmental is not the fodder for good reality TV. I did enjoy the glimpse into her lifestyle however.

• Love 6

It is ridiculous for Austen, of all people, to look down on people who work.  It sounds like his parents are hard working people.  This show will be history within 5 years.  I doubt Austen is saving a lot of money.  I'm not sure how old Austen is, but, I'm going to guess he'll be 40 in 5 years. So, the show ends, Austen is 40 and has no savings, so, he has to scramble to find something to earn money.  By then, silly dumb Chelsea has been working all that time, socking away money and has a loyal clientele.  She has no scrambling to do because she already did that, she's not starting from square one, because by then she'll be looking at the light at the end of the tunnel while Austen is looking at the beginning of the tunnel.  Yeah, Austen.  Poor dumb Chelsea.

• Love 22
26 minutes ago, RedDelicious said:

I just see it differently. In my opinion it started with Shep telling Austen, which he shouldn’t have done. And I think Madison brought it up to hurt Shep, not Danni, because it was Shep and Madison who were having the argument. Danni was collateral damage, and if she hadn’t freaked out the way she did, I would be more inclined to believe her. I think Danni was more upset about the DMs with her boyfriend at the time, and was super sensitive, especially given her broken engagement. I think she needs a thicker skin. I guess in conclusion it really bugs me that the story started with Shep and nobody really called him out on it.

I wish you quoted my whole post so people would understand my point of view.  Just sayin.

Agree to disagree.

• Love 2
41 minutes ago, RedDelicious said:

Shep, not Danni, because it was Shep and Madison who were having the argument. Danni was collateral damage, and if she hadn’t freaked out the way she did, I would be more inclined to believe he

If she didn’t mean to bring Danni into it she didn’t have to. If Shep is spreading STIs to the various women he slept with she could have just said that since Danni and Shep were over literally years before he met Austen. Also, if Madison did not think it was shameful or embarrassing thing she would have never brought it up. I mean it seemed to be known that Shep had hooked up with one of the women From Austen’s threesome video so why not use that to illustrate he was indiscriminate with his sexual partners. Danni and Shep dated and in a relationship and she wasn’t attempting to claim that Shep cheated on Danni so what was her reason for bringing it up?

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 13

I think it was meant to take Shep down a few notches, in other words, don’t call me  trash when you’re the one who spread STDs. I personally don’t think Madison thought it would blow up the way that it did. I really don’t. And at the end of the day, I’d rather be like Madison, who calmly defends herself and is well spoken, than Danni who to me is a blubbering fool. I think that Madison shouldn’t have said what she said to Shep with Danni in the room, but again I think that was producer driven and Danni is a terrible actress.

• Love 15
Just now, RedDelicious said:

think it was meant to take Shep down a few notches, in other words, don’t call me  trash when you’re the one who spread STDs.

So she thinks it diminishes a person for having one so why wouldn’t Danni feel upset by it?

• Love 10
22 minutes ago, breezy424 said:

I wish you quoted my whole post so people would understand my point of view.  Just sayin.

Agree to disagree.

Not for nothing, your OP is only four above mine. I wanted to explain my answer to the initial question, not the rationale. But, yes, agree to disagree ✌️

• Love 5
1 minute ago, biakbiak said:

So she thinks it diminishes a person for having one so why wouldn’t Danni feel upset by it?

Just as Shep thinks it diminishes one’s social rank by being employed as a hairdresser 🤷🏼‍♀️

I can understand being upset by it but my point is that Danni should have been more upset with Shep for telling Austen in the first place. 

• Love 11
Just now, RedDelicious said:

Just as Shep thinks it diminishes one’s social rank by being employed as a hairdresser 🤷🏼‍♀️

Shep not Danni so why mention Danni if it’s about Shep.

• Love 2

In other news, Kathryn on Watch What  Happens Live was behaving like she took a Xanax and washed it down with an Old Fashioned. It would make sense that she had taken anti-anxiety medication but mixing it with alcohol was a bad choice.

I’m thinking the mutual friend that texted Naomie and Cameran was a hair/makeup artist or production person on WWHL, who knew both of them from previous appearances, not Patricia. I don’t think Patricia would do that to Kathryn, knowing what the consequences might be with TRav. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 11
6 hours ago, breezy424 said:

I don't believe Danni had chlamydia either.  Austen has a tendency to misconstrue.  Like he didn't have sex with that woman.

Austen was deservedly on the hot seat just like Shep.

Hey Shep, if you were raised right with manners, maybe you should learn how to use a fork properly and control that freaken leg.  You could probably propel a boat with all that shaking.  He such a freaken snob. 

Good for Chelsea.  Nick is doing the America's Cup on Team American Magic.  They'll be down in New Zealand for the next two years IIRC.  Sailing is dangerous.

Oh hey, there's Naomie at the end of the couch.  Maybe Metul gave her instructions to sit and not speak up.

Sorry Kat, you are self centered.  I understand you're going through a lot and your mom was sick but Chelsea is right.  Just acknowledge. 

American Magic isn’t going to NZ until next fall, the “big race” is March of 2021. They’ll remain training in the states until then, sorry...sailing nerd over here. 

Unrelated, I think the most appalling thing was Cam and her justification of stfu. Girl, not a good look.

• Love 10
On 8/29/2019 at 12:40 AM, RedDelicious said:

I think it was meant to take Shep down a few notches, in other words, don’t call me  trash when you’re the one who spread STDs. I personally don’t think Madison thought it would blow up the way that it did. I really don’t. And at the end of the day, I’d rather be like Madison, who calmly defends herself and is well spoken, than Danni who to me is a blubbering fool. I think that Madison shouldn’t have said what she said to Shep with Danni in the room, but again I think that was producer driven and Danni is a terrible actress.

I have to disagree that Madison didn't think it would blow up.  She just didn't care.  There are a lot of moments with Madison where by the look on her face its clear that she is relishing the pain she is causing people who are coming across as collateral damage.

I'm not sure what Madison's deal is but she liked hurting Danni.  Maybe she dislikes her for whatever it was that was going on at the beginning of the season. Or maybe she relishes being the center of drama on a TV show.

Edited by ParadoxLost
  • Love 23

If that was supposed to be some sort of redemption of shep, it was a major fail.

There is a universe of difference between telling ones' spouse or SO, one-on-one, to STFU (assuming the context called for it) and shep/outsider ordering austen to order Madison to STFU. The DH and I have used f*** to each other (aloud) just once in 37 years, and in that moment, in that situation it was what was needed to resolve things, so I can understand what cam was meaning - however, the rest of her attitude during the whole reunion seemed geared to agree with and support shep's snobbery and nasty antics - which has totally ruined my estimation of her.

shep clearly thinks his crap don't stink, his opinion is the only one that matters, that his elitist vileness and blatant misogyny are absolutely correct, and everyone else should just suck it up and not expect any acknowledgement of or genuine expression of regret from him - EVER.

I can't understand the guys hugging it out either, unless austen is THAT desperate to keep in good graces with mail-box money-boy. I loved the way it was juxtaposed with Danni and Madison talking it out outside the reunion circus and engaging in a much more (more, but not totally) honest and subdued hug.

That entire ending of the reunion fell flat and set the stage for just another season of aging alcoholic frat boys crapping all over any and every female who's desperate or foolishly ignorant enough to put up with it.

Whitney's wisdom in not subjecting himself to this waste of time has raised him in my estimation, which was already considerably better than it has been in seasons past.

• Love 15
6 hours ago, RedDelicious said:

In other news, Kathryn on Watch What  Happens Live was behaving like she took a Xanax and washed it down with an Old Fashioned. It would make sense that she had taken anti-anxiety medication but mixing it with alcohol was a bad choice.

I’m thinking the mutual friend that texted Naomie and Cameran was a hair/makeup artist or production person on WWHL, who knew both of them from previous appearances, not Patricia. I don’t think Patricia would do that to Kathryn, knowing what the consequences might be with TRav. 

It was Adderall not Benzos. She was agitated. 

• Useful 1
9 hours ago, oceanview said:

Actually I think it was Alice Roosevelt not Eleanor Roosevelt who said if you don’t have anything nice to say, come sit by me.  Big difference

Was screaming internally when he said that. To attribute that to ELEANOR Roosevelt is bananas. I get that he probably meant Alice Roosevelt Longworth & in normal circumstances I would not be so judgey because I misspeak too. But Shep is a jerk who judges everyone else so here I am being petty. I live near Shep’s boarding school & now I’m going to start unfairly side-eyeing all the kids in Episcopal shirts. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 16
8 hours ago, RedDelicious said:

Danni is so over-defensive of it and the bottom line is Danni and Madison pretty much carried this entire producer driven season. So what is she crying about. The medical record thing was further proof of that. 

A medical record that says at this date and time DB does not have xyz doesn’t really mean much. For example the body can have HPV and clear itself. A DNA test can show no sign of HPV after a person has been infected, if the body has fought it off and cleared it. Same for chlamydia, after a round or two of antibiotics, negative test result on this date.

But besides all that, chlamydia is nothing more than a bacterial infection. That’s it. If anything a yeast infection is worse (and a hundred times more gross), so I just don’t see what the big deal is. HPV is worse too and a significant portion of the population has that. I don’t understand the histrionics.

This. I really don't see the big deal, unless Danni wants us to believe she is a virgin. I have slept with 2 men in my life and I was diagnosed with HPV, which is a hell of a lot scarier as it can lead to Cancer. Dani's reaction is over the top. Katherine is a self absorbed addict. She has had this whole redemption arc, but she is simply not a good person and I really feel for those children, and the judge deciding which lousy parent is the correct choice.

• Love 11

If  LACK  of manners is reason enough to label someone 'White Trash’, why doesn’t Schlep look at himself as as such ? He has not only shown ill manners, but also, admitted that he has done so... Geez, i canNOT tolerate that beast.

• Love 24

So why did Danni bring medical records?  Chlamydia isn't incurable, right?  So it's not like you get infected and then always have it?  Not to mention that if she did treat for it, that's not saying that she went to her regular doctor, who would have the majority of her medical records.  

Maybe it's just me but I don't think I'd be that much of a pearl clutcher if someone claimed I had had chlamydia.  It certainly doesn't imply you're sleeping around; it just says that you had unprotected sex with someone (which may not be the smartest, but still.)  I would think if anything it should be far worse for Shep, who contracted the disease from someone and then passed it along to someone else while he was still infected.  Honestly, Dani should be far more offended that she dated Shep.

Shep, I have news for you.  That 'biased part of you isn't buried down deep.  It's raging, dude.  You are an elitist and you are a judgmental prick.  It's not cute.  You are well on your way to becoming TRav 2.0.    And if you were raised or brought up right, I'm the freaking Queen of England with RDJ as my Duke.  

Austen sure did back down quickly on the chlamydia story.  He should have just said yeah, that's what Shep told me.  Period.  You don't misconstrue or misunderstand that.  Let Danni be pissed at Shep for telling Austen because if he hadn't blabbed, Austen wouldn't have had anything to tell Madison.  

And I had to laugh over Shep - - SHEP -- trying to explain how important manners are when he is a complete douche to practically everyone on the show.  

Cameran needs to stop defending Shep and standing up for him.  It makes her look piss poor, IMO.  

So if and when Jason tells Cam to STFU, she STFU?  Wow.  I think if my husband told me to STFU we'd have some serious words.  I think when that kind of terminology is being used, there is some resentment or other underlying problems going on.

Love that Chelsea mentioned that she has to work.  Thank you.  Very telling that the guys got very defensive over the comment.  The only man that we even remotely see work (or "work" as it were) is Craig with his pillows.  Austen and Shep don't seem to do anything so it was a valid point and a valid viewer question.  

Kathryn is absolutely exhausting.  Don't get mad at your friends when they worry about you and are checking on you because you can't be bothered to return a call or text.  They won't be your friends for long - - and then Kathryn will be crying (again) about having no friends.   She really seems to have the emotional maturity of a 14 year old.  Does she still work at Gwynns?  Does Cam still sell real estate?  Does Shep still have that hot dog business?  

Frankly, I'd rather watch them involved in their businesses/jobs than some of the stuff we were subjected to this season.  

Overall, a fairly boring reunion that ended with a whimper.  

• Love 19

In Kathryn's defense, she really is stuck between a rock and a hard place. On the one hand, she's in a nasty custody battle with Thomas, and Thomas has wealth and power on his side, as well as a completely unscrupulous nature. On the other hand, if Kathryn walks away from the show in order to make sure she doesn't publicly say or do anything that might help Thomas, she gives up the income and celebrity her job provides.

So she does what I think most of us would do ... she tries to straddle the line between being on the show and not revealing anything that could be damaging to her custody case. Given the nature of reality TV, that would be difficult for anyone, and Kathryn is young and not that shrewd. 

Edited by bencr
  • Useful 2
  • Love 22

This show has become such a vapid and lame snoozefest.  SC-NOLA is who I really want to see have a reunion.  Those people are like-able, even when they're not.  This cast is a bunch of losers.  

Danni - I have never seen a bigger doormat in my life.  You made up with Madison after she blasted private health information about you on national TV?  True or not, you are a sucker.  

Shep - You are a garbage human.  And screw you for buying a dog and not adopting.

Kathryn - Said it for year nows, get off TV and handle your family.  And your problems were 100% NOT because of a simple "weed addiction" GTFO.

Cameran - Go be a SAHM for your unbelievably WASPY vanilla husband and get off the show.  You are boring and have no storyline.

Austin - Get a job, you are boring.

Craig - Get a job, you are at least semi-interesting.

Chelsea - Meh, you are kind of boring, too.

Naomi - Metul is a loser but you love his looks and his status as a doctor.  Good luck.

• Love 9

I think Shep is acutely aware that he is not productive and he seems to be somewhat embarrassed that his income comes in large part from being on a reality TV show. He seems uncomfortable in his own skin on these reunion shows, and he began the first reunion by talking explicitly (and oddly) about how insignificant everything is.

I'm not sure what this means, if anything, but the truly productive male characters on Southern Charm don't want to be filmed -- Metul, Jason, Nick and Gentry, and, to a lesser extent, Whitney.

• Useful 2
  • Love 11

Shep showed not just cracks but gaping holes in his 'good guy' facade this season and Andy did a fantastic job of opening them even further by tripping him up on some of the 'intellect' he so prides himself on.  Shep's comment about his Palm Beach friends? Austen's comment about coal miners?  awful....what exactly were they trying to say? It just shows how completely clueless Shep (especially) is to anyone who isn't a trust fund baby.  It seems Austen has replaced Craig in the wanna be category.    

Madison is one cold chick......shallow but she did look lovely last night.

Chelsea (not to be confused with the video one 😉 ) is seemingly the most normal of the bunch.  I love her.  I am glad her BF doesn't have a desire to be on the show.....along with Cam's husband they deserve to keep some aspects of their lives private.

Danni......I think she is a good person and if she did or didn't have chlamydia - I really don't care.  Either way it would not change my opinion of her.

Kathryn.......I could only handle her as a surface friend.  

Naomie........still like her.

Eliza.....sweet girl, obviously very young and very naive.  Not meant for this show.

Craig.......I think I will always have a bit of a soft spot for him.  He means no harm.  I hope he stays off the Adderall and makes a killing off of his 15 minutes of fame pillows.

• Love 17
1 hour ago, 65mickey said:

When Andy brought up Shep, Austin and Craig not having jobs. Craig actualy said to Andy "whose fault is that? " Austin tried to dance around the issue and Shep said he didn't have to work and someone said pretty much none of them do. What a way to break the 4th wall and come right out and imply they are getting by on the money from Bravo.  

Yeah, that was a weird moment.  I was glad Craig spoke up.  I don't agree 100% with his verbiage--it's not Andy's or Bravo's fault that these guys don't have jobs outside the show, but it's surely a contributing factor!

I see you Andy Cohen, trying to dodge the issue too.  When Craig said the thing about not working, Andy kind of tried to pivot the issue and say, "well, I mean, you're on a reality TV show, so people want to know what you're doing," (and I'm saying this from memory, not verbatim), and it's like, "Andy, you're missing the point on purpose.  What Craig is saying is that he's being paid six figures to not work and to party on reality TV.  We're not tuning in to see him work.  You know that, they know that and we know that."

Shep, Austen and Craig aren't that interesting to talk about right now.  Shep has passed the point where he sounds rational.  I think what he's saying is "I'm a rich snob.  This is how we live and talk and Andy, this is what you wanted for your show, and you're getting it."  He's super angry, probably because he showed us his sad life of luxury and convenience and everyone is rejecting it and he's wondering why.  I kind of/sort of see his point.  This is a reality show, and in reality, he is a rich southern douche of leisure.  I'm not sure how ethical it is for everyone to then jump on him for being an ass.  He is being paid big money not to put on a front, and he's fulfilling his job requirements.  That's less offensive to me than people who pretend to be one way for reality TV when they're living a lie.  So I just find myself unable to be too mad at him.  He's the bad guy; he's the villian.  That's who he is.  I feel like a lot of people get on him because he's the obvious target.  I don't want to drink a beer with the guy, but I don't think he's Satan, and I think that is all he is trying to say and it's getting lost in translation.

To change direction, I don't agree with Chelsea's viewpoint on working.  Also, she was moving the goalposts.  She started off by saying she would never not work as a matter of principal, and then she changed it to the fact that she had no choice but to work (or should could have made those points in the opposite order; my point is that she was conflating two things).  I don't believe in work for work's sake.  If I had the money to live a life of leisure without having to work, I would quit my job in a second.  There are so many more interesting and worthwhile things to pursue.  I have a feeling Chelsea agrees with this, but hasn't thought it out fully.  All we have ever seen her do is cut like a half a millimeter off Shep's hair a few times.  Wouldn't she rather go to hair shows on her time and see avante garde hairstyles and mix and mingle with the people there and take on projects that interest her?  Maybe that's not her thing.  Wouldn't she rather open a salon and hire a really competent manager and just come by every few weeks to see what's happening and teach classes to the stylists?  Or style the poor for free, but wake up at whatever time she wants?   It's very difficult to imagine she'd rather have to take appointments and stand on her feet for hours at a time so she can give a man a haircut or give a woman highlights.  If that is what she meant and I am mistaken, then great, she's living her own personal dream, but I don't think it makes her better in any way than someone who wouldn't have a job if they didn't need one.  That idea strikes me like a little bit of reverse snobbery.

Eliza was the most nervous person I've ever seen.  Not just on reality TV, but pretty much anywhere.  And miss me with "I'm only 23" sweetheart.  Is that not grown where you come from?

Danni--I've said it before, I'll say it again--she acts like prey, and she wonders why the predators come for her.  Madison, similar to Shep in some ways, is a villian.  It's not a good long-term strategy to be nice to these people.  They take it as a sign of weakness.  Danni needed to be stronger if she wanted Madison's respect.  When Danni apologized to Madison for the Gentry thing, I knew it was game-on.  Who apologizes to another person for that person's fuck-ups except a weakling?  

The crying and the histrionics about chlamydia were also not good strategy.  State your case once in an adult voice, and then it's up to everyone whether to believe you.  You can be upset in private, but it's game face for national TV.  She didn't do that, and now I kind of believe she had chlamydia at one time, and, worse, I believe she is not a force to be reckoned with.  How did she go about distributing liquor in a male-dominated industry if that is how she handles adversity?  Even death-gripping Eliza's hand in support of Eliza made Danni look weak.  

I wouldn't be mad at all if they scrapped the whole show.  Kathryn is not telling the truth because everything said is going to go right back to Thomas.  So who is there to root for anymore?  

I don't know if I believe Cameran about Jason telling her to shut the fuck up, but what bothers me about it most was that Cameran said it to further the Danni cause, which she believes in (advocating "shut the fuck up" to be said to Madison so that she stops hurting Danni).  But if there was someone who, for instance, was theoretically saying "shut the fuck up" to Kathryn, Cameran never would have spoken up and said that's a normal party of spousal conversation.  She would have looked on condescendingly.  It's the hypocrisy that gets to me the most.

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, bencr said:

In Kathryn's defense, she really is stuck between a rock and a hard place. On the one hand, she's in a nasty custody battle with Thomas, and Thomas has wealth and power on his side, as well as a completely unscrupulous nature. On the other hand, if Kathryn walks away from the show in order to make sure she doesn't publicly say or do anything that might help Thomas, she gives up the income and celebrity her job provides.

So she does what I think most of us would do ... she tries to straddle the line between being on the show and not revealing anything that could be damaging to her custody case. Given the nature of reality TV, that would be difficult for anyone, and Kathryn is young and not that shrewd. 

Edited 2 hours ago by bencr

Katherine needs the income from this show to pay for her custody battle.  Thomas has socia, political connections and is wealthy.  He can afford the best lawyers and has hired private investigators to follow Katherine.  Thomas is going scorched earth on her.  She has been very guarded because of this.  All of this is very stressful on it's own.  During the filming of this season and reunion, Katherine was also caring for her terminally mother.  With all the pressure in her life, I think Katherine has handled herself really well.  I was amazed at how calm she was in dealing with Ashley and Eliza this season.  The old Katherine would have been screaming at them. She has issues but she is working on herself and is growing. 

• Love 19
12 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

It is ridiculous for Austen, of all people, to look down on people who work.  It sounds like his parents are hard working people.  

It all probably started when he became buddies with Shep. He saw the life of someone who wakes up at 1pm with no worries in the world, other than where to get his next beer and his next lay. It's disappointing because he started the show as a working man who seemed to enjoy what he was doing - he was shown going from bar to bar and sell beers. It all went downhill from there. 

1 hour ago, TeeMo said:

I agree and I think part of the reason Shep can’t help himself with the “I’m smarter than everyone else in the room” BS is that in his real non TV life nearly every who surrounds him is far more accomplished than he is.

What?! You don't think slapping the american flag on a hat and printing some dumbass words on a shirt like "Craig is my lawyer" are not huge accomplishments?! Oh lordy. 

• LOL 9
  • Love 5

I hooted at Shep when he misquoted Eleanor Roosevelt. Alice R. was infamous for her youthful shenanigans, and late in her life I believe she was photographed with a pillow that said "If you don't have anything nice to say, come sit by me." I picture Ship feverishly researching bon mots to toss out at the reunion, and he screwed it up. Shep's not as clever as he thinks he is. His attempts to deflect the criticism were pathetic. "Palm Beach" Get him off my TV forever.

I figured out his attraction to Austen. Underneath the aw shucks mumble mouth, Austen is as nasty as Shep. I've begun to notice his judgmental 'I didn't like when you..." and "I thought it was bad when you..." I picture the two of them hunched over beers, gossiping viciously like two old biddies.

I hope they don't dump Chelsea for the lame reason that her boyfriend won't appear on camera (a housewives criticism). At this point, she, Whitney and the scenery are the only reason I watch. Cam's girl-next-door lecturing of the show's assholes has grown old. What happened to the witty conversation and good-natured joking of season one? (Yeah, I know, the show was hijacked by Thomas and Kathryn. Then it went brainless Vanderpump.)

ETA: I'm with Chelsea on working. I adore my little business, what it puts out to the world, and what I get back from it. It's not solely about the money.

LibertarianSlut: I kind of get your point about Shep and reality, but during the first two seasons we saw a completely different side of him. I often wonder whether the combination of celebrity and money makes it impossible for people to be humble and kind. Something happens when one has unchecked power.

Edited by pasdetrois
  • Love 17
5 minutes ago, slowpoked said:

It all probably started when he became buddies with Shep. He saw the life of someone who wakes up at 1pm with no worries in the world, other than where to get his next beer and his next lay. It's disappointing because he started the show as a working man who seemed to enjoy what he was doing - he was shown going from bar to bar and sell beers. It all went downhill from there. 

What?! You don't think slapping the american flag on a hat and printing some dumbass words on a shirt like "Craig is my lawyer" are not huge accomplishments?! Oh lordy. 

Don’t forget “Tan fat is muscle.” 😂

In all seriousness, the guy seems to be making money from these stupid products and good for him on that but I do think that deep down it does bug him a lot that this is what his “accomplishments” are. 

• Love 2