Type keyword(s) to search

S6.E16: Reunion Part 2

• Start Topic

Danni tells Kathryn she is hurt by her newfound friendship with Madison; Madison, Danni and Shep go head to head; Austen has to answer the question of whether or not he made up the rumor about Shep and Danni.

Original air date 2019.8.28

• Love 1
25 minutes ago, slowpoked said:

These type of conversations about jobs are always so ridiculous because they have to ignore the fact that they all have a very well paying job which is this show. Chelsea gets something more than money out of her job which is great, I don’t understand why the other three dudes took it as a personal insult, especially Austen acting as if Chelsea is the one who brought it up and attacked him. I mean Eliza an Naomie are from money but they also choose to work as well. 

• Love 15
23 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

These type of conversations about jobs are always so ridiculous because they have to ignore the fact that they all have a very well paying job which is this show. Chelsea gets something more than money out of her job which is great, I don’t understand why the other three dudes took it as a personal insult, especially Austen acting as if Chelsea is the one who brought it up and attacked him. I mean Eliza an Naomie are from money but they also choose to work as well. 

That shows to me some major differences on how maybe gender views money. I was going to say at first that it was their upbringing that was a factor in how they view jobs and money - Chelsea was a product of a working class family and saw her family struggle through divorce in her early years, and so she values work differently than just something that gives her money. It gives her security. That just because she's making good money from the show, does not mean she has to give up all her other sources of income and party on with her life. 

While Shep, Craig, Austen were born into fairly above-middle class to wealthy families and most probably had no experience of struggling without money, that the minute they get more than enough to get by in a month (Austen), it's ok to let go of everything else. 

But you make a good point about Naomie and Eliza still working through actual jobs even if they were born into better situations financially. It could also just be the way their parents brought them up - to value the value of work. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 22

Naomie should just break out that Rice Krispie treat and dig in.  She doesn’t have anything else to do tonight apparently.  

Totally agree that Kathryn is being ridiculous.  If you don’t want Thomas to use something against you, maybe don’t do it.  Don’t make it everyone else’s fault when they are asked about something she’s done. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 21

I was sitting here thinking that except for Chelsea and Cam, these are not particularly nice people and then Andy starts talking about researching chlamydia and how he doesn't think it's that big of a deal to be accused of having it on national tv.  Then I realized these are truly his people.

• LOL 8
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, Toodleoo said:

I like Cam, am fine with the way she handles her marriage/money/parenting...but not so much a fan of her agreeing with “shut the fuck up.” Sure, sometimes it’s justified but Shep’s particular lament and reason for saying it was not.

That bugged me, too. Call me crazy but on the whole I don't think couples should be telling each other to shut the fuck up. It's called having some respect for the other person. 

Austin continues to be disappointing and now he's still friends with Shep, who's a jerk through and through, a self admitted snob and treats Austin like shit, so no idea why he'd want to keep that relationship afloat.

• Love 20

Oh Lordy, Shep’s friendship toast is so old.  Heard that many times. 

I did see Kathryn that night on WWHL and I did think she was behaving strangely and surprised she did it with Patricia.

• Love 14

Cam agreeing to STFU when Jason tells her to? Okay. She came across so judgy this reunion. Hey Cam, why not reach out to Kathryn because she is a single mom? It made me sad when Kat said she didn’t have anyone else besides Madison.  

Whitney should have come but I knew he wouldn’t. 

Danni brought medical records? 

• Love 20
8 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

Andy starts talking about researching chlamydia and how he doesn't think it's that big of a deal to be accused of having it on national tv.  Then I realized these are truly his people.

Andy is such an asshole. STIs shouldn’t be stigmatized but Madison’s intent was to embarrass, humiliate, “win” a fight and that matters.

2 minutes ago, chewycandy said:

Hey Cam, why not reach out to Kathryn because she is a single mom? It made me sad when Kat said she didn’t have anyone else besides Madison.  

Why should Cam when Danni has supported Kathryn like crazy and she doesn’t return the favor because she is only interested in transactional friendships.

• Love 20
3 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

Why should Cam when Danni has supported Kathryn like crazy and she doesn’t return the favor because she is only interested in transactional friendships.

I know Cam doesn’t trust Kathryn, but they are cast mates and it wouldn’t hurt to give her some kind words or advice knowing all she has been through. Kathryn hasn’t done Cameran wrong in any way for the whole run of the show. Yet Cameran still sides with Shep and Whitney. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, chewycandy said:

Well, that Eliza bit was pointless.

Chelsea is a beautiful human. (Minus the comments to Craig on the bus)

Craig imitating Madison’s instapose is EVERYTHING 

Agree about Eliza and Chelsea

• Love 1
53 minutes ago, Pickles said:

Shep's leg is jiggling like crazy.

Yup, it was worse tonight.  Does that tell us anything?   He has that leg issue constantly, just not as obvious as tonight.  Drives me crazy.   Is that a sign of insecurity or something?

• Love 5
28 minutes ago, janiema said:

Actually I think it was Alice Roosevelt not Eleanor Roosevelt who said if you don’t have anything nice to say, come sit by me.  Big difference.

Exactly.....take a note, Shep.   With all your education and thinking you are so smart.

• Love 14
3 minutes ago, RedDelicious said:

If she didn’t, that just makes the whole story worse and Shep an even bigger asshole for telling Austen that he gave it to her. Why would he do that?

Austen has repeatedly said shit that isn’t true so I don’t know that I believe he did.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
17 minutes ago, RedDelicious said:

Danni needs to grow up and get over it. I’m not sorry. You can’t tell me for one second that whole story line wasn’t producer driven. No one believes that she didn’t have chlamydia. Quit your crying over what you signed up for. Get in your Land Rover and go home. 

Also I don’t believe for one second that Jason would ever tell Cameran to STFU. Not a chance. It’s rude, dismissive and disrespectful and she herself said he has never once put her down. Such a freaking double standard with these elitist f*cks. 

I don’t like what Madison said but I also think it was set up that way. It’s faux reality folks. Somebody has to be the bad guy and I think she’s handling it well. She has gumption and I admire it. 

ETA: And another thing. I don’t think Shep was raised properly in the slightest. He’s disgusting and has a very high opinion of his filthy self. Gross.

I agree with all of this. What in the world could Shep have said to Austen that somehow became misconstrued into--I gave Danni chlamydia? Shep told Austen and Austen told Madison. It's as simple as that.

• Love 20
14 minutes ago, msblossom said:

I think this show has maybe one season left. Hope the one’s without a trust fund and a steady source of income are investing their money well because this show seems about over. 

I still like the show, but it will be hard to recapture the drama of the Thomas/Catherine storyline and then the Thomas/Catherine/Ashley storyline of earlier seasons which was pure reality TV gold. This season was the weakest one to date in my opinion.

• Love 10

I don't believe Danni had chlamydia either.  Austen has a tendency to misconstrue.  Like he didn't have sex with that woman.

Austen was deservedly on the hot seat just like Shep.

Hey Shep, if you were raised right with manners, maybe you should learn how to use a fork properly and control that freaken leg.  You could probably propel a boat with all that shaking.  He such a freaken snob. 

Good for Chelsea.  Nick is doing the America's Cup on Team American Magic.  They'll be down in New Zealand for the next two years IIRC.  Sailing is dangerous.

Oh hey, there's Naomie at the end of the couch.  Maybe Metul gave her instructions to sit and not speak up.

Sorry Kat, you are self centered.  I understand you're going through a lot and your mom was sick but Chelsea is right.  Just acknowledge. 

• Love 14

Danni is so over-defensive of it and the bottom line is Danni and Madison pretty much carried this entire producer driven season. So what is she crying about. The medical record thing was further proof of that. 

A medical record that says at this date and time DB does not have xyz doesn’t really mean much. For example the body can have HPV and clear itself. A DNA test can show no sign of HPV after a person has been infected, if the body has fought it off and cleared it. Same for chlamydia, after a round or two of antibiotics, negative test result on this date.

But besides all that, chlamydia is nothing more than a bacterial infection. That’s it. If anything a yeast infection is worse (and a hundred times more gross), so I just don’t see what the big deal is. HPV is worse too and a significant portion of the population has that. I don’t understand the histrionics.

• Useful 1
  • Love 19