Okay, now THAT was worth the extra tickets at the carnival!
Could there be a cult not covered by Edgar and his glorious sendoff? We have Manson, The SLA, Heaven's Gate and what the hell, throw in some Evel Kenivel! Ahh, delightful. The only thing they didn't try was hijacking a plane. I agree with SeanC that him not taking off in that thing he ripped off the springs from in front of the Safeway was a truly missed opportunity. Looking forward to Evelyn's trial, though--that should be some unhinged nuttery.
(Query; does the FBI need a governor's permission to conduct a raid? I can see where it might be politic but they aren't using National or State Guards, plus these are federal crimes. Also, those other agents were really quite super chill about a teenager being in on the entire operation and defusing a bomb. )
It's a tribute to this show's ability to compartmentalize that I actually forgot about this insanity during the other threads which involved Riverdale's Greatest Hits:
1) Archie having a three second window of maturity while advising Mad Dog, only to of course a) NOT go to Sheriff Jones and b) vigilante it up again. (And again, with nothing but probably permanent damage to his lovely self for his trouble! ) Love the whole Dodger thing--of the Artful Dodgers, I presume. Jughead's pretentious jerk salon cohorts would love all the literary allusions being thrown around.
2) Speaking of, Lovecraft gets another look in with rats in the walls, and FINALLY Toni is clued in that her girlfriend is off the fucking chain and also you should not hire rando "nurses" off the internet. Was Darius supposed to be another reference to something? Otherwise that was pretty random even for Riverdale. Also, how the hell are Nana Rose and the twins even still alive?
3) Mary mentions her, you know, whole entire life and career in Chicago while making what a should be silly but is actually perfectly sound point: Riverdale. Is. A. Shithole. It's the Hellmouth without the charisma. Everything about it is warped and cracked and any attempts to live a normal life there end up on baby rockets to the moon at best! So of course by the end she's totally Team Archie's Latest Boondoggle and screw those clients of hers who were counting on her back in her old life, I guess.
4) And time for the extended remix version of Worst Daddy Daughter Dance Ever as Veronica and Hiram do another pointless turn around the floor and did you know that Hiram is actually a Luna but while that was hell when he was growing up barely twenty years ago EVERY LAST PERSON IN TOWN HAS FORGOTTEN THAT? AGAIN? I don't know if Riverdale gets its drinking water from the River Lethe or what, but truly, if I were the CDC I'd be checking the entire place out.
5) And for the hidden track, everybody takes their shirts off and does a stereotypical sex comedy from the 80s scene but with dudes! Haven't seen that much glistening flesh since Top Gun. I assume they didn't take Kevin's shirt off because they didn't want to show the KIDNEY REMOVAL SCAR KEVIN GO TO THE DAMN DOCTOR.