Type keyword(s) to search

S6.E16: Reunion Part 2

• Start Topic

10 hours ago, SimonSeymour said:

Love this!!  

And why are Shep and Austen under the impression that coal miners are paid minimum wage? (Not that there is anything wrong with working a minimum wage job, but their ignorance is embarrassing). 

Or that these days, coal miners often have Engineering degrees. He's such an uninformed douchebag. I'm so glad Andy lost his love for Shep. He gave him enough rope to hang himself. That Astor comment was almost as good as "he was born in DC." 

• LOL 3
  • Love 13

Madison admitting to having sex with a blacked out Austen grossed me out 1000X more than  anything else this season.

And I'm very disappointed that no one quoted the great Sonja Morgan's thoughts on being white trash, quite frankly. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 12
13 hours ago, ninjago said:

Madison gives me the same "Hillbilly Elegy" vibe as LeeAnn Locken (RHOD), Tamra Barney (OC), and Brandi Glanville (BH): mean, hard women who assume everyone else is going to be as mean and hard as they are, who are always distrustful and suspicious, who think kindness is for the naive and weak, who are constantly stowing away hurtful, humiliating information, even about their friends because their vengefulness is deep and long-lived, and they don't believe in "proportionate response", only the nuclear option.  

A lot of the people on this show are jerks.  But she's a gutter-fighter with no boundaries.  They should all run from her.

This.  I don't agree with Shep on much, but he was absolutely right about Madison. 

• Love 15
23 hours ago, pasdetrois said:

I hooted at Shep when he misquoted Eleanor Roosevelt. Alice R. was infamous for her youthful shenanigans, and late in her life I believe she was photographed with a pillow that said "If you don't have anything nice to say, come sit by me." I picture Ship feverishly researching bon mots to toss out at the reunion, and he screwed it up. Shep's not as clever as he thinks he is. His attempts to deflect the criticism were pathetic. "Palm Beach" Get him off my TV forever.

I figured out his attraction to Austen. Underneath the aw shucks mumble mouth, Austen is as nasty as Shep. I've begun to notice his judgmental 'I didn't like when you..." and "I thought it was bad when you..." I picture the two of them hunched over beers, gossiping viciously like two old biddies.

I hope they don't dump Chelsea for the lame reason that her boyfriend won't appear on camera (a housewives criticism). At this point, she, Whitney and the scenery are the only reason I watch. Cam's girl-next-door lecturing of the show's assholes has grown old. What happened to the witty conversation and good-natured joking of season one? (Yeah, I know, the show was hijacked by Thomas and Kathryn. Then it went brainless Vanderpump.)

ETA: I'm with Chelsea on working. I adore my little business, what it puts out to the world, and what I get back from it. It's not solely about the money.

LibertarianSlut: I kind of get your point about Shep and reality, but during the first two seasons we saw a completely different side of him. I often wonder whether the combination of celebrity and money makes it impossible for people to be humble and kind. Something happens when one has unchecked power.

Shep also referred to the meetings between Kennedy and Khrushchev as the “fireside chats”, which were actually radio addresses FDR conducted every Sunday during the Depression to try and restore calm and hope to the country. And in his spin off show he showed off his love of literature by quoting, “To be or not to be, that is the question”. Probably the most famous line in literature. 

Shep thinks he uses his intelligence to sound erudite, the way rich Southerners used to because they had time to sit and read lit and philosophy. But to me it always comes across as a fourth grade book report by some kid desperate to show off he knows something. The fact that he’s so often wrong just adds to it. Wish he got called out more on it, but unfortunately none of his cast mates are smart enough. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 21
On 8/30/2019 at 6:30 AM, Stiggs said:

That Astor comment was almost as good as "he was born in DC." 

Andy outed that Shep is not part of the hoity-toity, elitist New York society. I guess, even in the elite circles, there are still classes. There are the elite types, and then there's Shep. 

On 8/30/2019 at 3:51 AM, scrb said:

But a lot of people don’t work because of meaning and purpose, but to pay the bills.

Including many highly-paid, highly-skilled, highly-educated people.

Yes. How many times have we heard doctors, lawyers, etc., working so hard to pay off student loans? But I'm sure most love their job as it is. 

On 8/29/2019 at 7:24 PM, Pickles said:

Well, what kind of person continually hooks up with random women, college coeds, whoever---night after night after night. He cannot even recall some of their names as he is hooking up with them. Is that how a well bred, superior person conducts themselves? Never mind the excessive drinking. Most likely, he is an alcoholic.

This may well be both a literal and metaphorical meaning of trash, regardless of color. An unproductive person with no meaningful contribution to society. 

And those who are actually raised well don't say "I was raised well." Other people say that to you as an observation. It's not said in the context of a humble brag.

Shep fancies himself the literature guy? Well, here's one for him: The man (lady) doth protest too much, methinks...

Edited by slowpoked
  • LOL 2
  • Love 9
14 hours ago, Shellbell59 said:

You’re so right..in today’s world..

i think the huge reaction was due to the fact that NOBODY wants or deserves their HIGHLY private life to be advertised on national television..reality TV-or not.

You CANNOT UNRING that bell...a rumor around town is one thing...but this is beyond...

i only imagine especially down south...where they are from. I’d die if my parents had to hear it..for sure.

The weird thing is… Chlamydia doesn’t always present itself in a man immediately..

Shep May have made a blanket statement about having it back in day...not even knowing exactly who he infected...and Muppet mouth Austen was just trying to appease Mad (and her distaste for Danni) in a gross trashy way...without knowing Danni was one of the recipients of said STD!

Austen needs to just shut the fuck up and get his mouth straight so his wishy washy ass stops talking outta both sides.

what a prick

I don't think chlamydia is similar to a crime but I also think it is highly personal just like any other medical condition, easily rectified or not.  HIPAA is there for a reason.  In no other workforce would it be acceptable to out another employee's health issues.  Ever.  Why this isn't being understood is confusing to me.  It isn't about whether or not it is common, nothing to be ashamed of, it is private information and up to the person who had/has it.  I have MS and am open about it but if someone was flinging it out without my permission I would be very mad.  Especially if it is used in a manner to shame me.  Fuck that noise.

• Love 15
2 hours ago, Lizzing said:

Madison admitting to having sex with a blacked out Austen grossed me out 1000X more than  anything else this season.

And I'm very disappointed that no one quoted the great Sonja Morgan's thoughts on being white trash, quite frankly. 

It grossed me out as well.  Someone who is blacked out cannot give consent.

• Love 8
7 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

I don't think chlamydia is similar to a crime but I also think it is highly personal just like any other medical condition, easily rectified or not.  HIPAA is there for a reason.  In no other workforce would it be acceptable to out another employee's health issues.  Ever.  Why this isn't being understood is confusing to me.  It isn't about whether or not it is common, nothing to be ashamed of, it is private information and up to the person who had/has it.  I have MS and am open about it but if someone was flinging it out without my permission I would be very mad.  Especially if it is used in a manner to shame me.  Fuck that noise.

I greatly empathize with your condition..both my mother and sister had/had MS..(multiplex families were unusual in those days before the MRI came along).

As you know especially early on symptoms can present themselves at any given time...and ppl are so crass.

ill never forget I was with my sister (she had a handicap placard)...and it was EXTREMELY HOT (can exacerbate symptoms as you know)

We get out of her car...guy comes up and says to her..”YOU don’t look handicap”!

I couldn’t help myself as she’s my younger sis...I said

”Well I WISH I could say YOU don’t look stupid...but I can’t...

my sister has MS.. and I’ve had to carry her in this kind of heat before...and she’d be happy to trade her MS for your stupidity ANY DAY asshole!”

it chaps my hide thinking about it all these yrs later.

God Bless and be well 🙏

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Stan39 said:

Shep also referred to the meetings between Kennedy and Khrushchev as the “fireside chats”, which were actually radio addresses FDR conducted every Sunday during the Depression to try and restore calm and hope to the country. And in his spin off show he showed off his love of literature by quoting, “To be or not to be, that is the question”. Probably the most famous line in literature. 

Did he use it correctly?

18 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

It grossed me out as well.  Someone who is blacked out cannot give consent.

Blackout doesn't mean you are unconscious, it is when you don't remember the night before.  You don't have to be THAT drunk for that to happen.  I had a few drinks and blacked out, was reminded about something I said the night before and did not remember it.  Your brain is like a tape recorder and it just misses a section of the night.

I would have been ok to consent when that happened.

• Love 5
7 minutes ago, Shellbell59 said:

I greatly empathize with your condition..both my mother and sister had/had MS..(multiplex families were unusual in those days before the MRI came along).

As you know especially early on symptoms can present themselves at any given time...and ppl are so crass.

ill never forget I was with my sister (she had a handicap placard)...and it was EXTREMELY HOT (can exacerbate symptoms as you know)

We get out of her car...guy comes up and says to her..”YOU don’t look handicap”!

I couldn’t help myself as she’s my younger sis...I said

”Well I WISH I could say YOU don’t look stupid...but I can’t...

my sister has MS.. and I’ve had to carry her in this kind of heat before...and she’d be happy to trade her MS for your stupidity ANY DAY asshole!”

it chaps my hide thinking about it all these yrs later.

God Bless and be well 🙏

Thank you!  Heat is awful.  It not only makes everything difficult it does something to my ability to handle it and my mood changes drastically.  I had some old man once make a comment about me parking in the handicapped spot.  He was lucky I was stunned into silence.  But on the flip side, after my anger ceased, I appreciated he was looking out for people who needed it.  The rage I felt one day seeing a county workers car parked there WITHOUT a placard has not diminished.  

Madison just seems not quite right.  And thirsty.  I also think she and Shep have some unresolved angst over them getting together (just speculation).  Why on earth would Shep be so unhinged about her if not that?  I am sure he gets turned down sometimes so it has to be more than that.

• Love 7
9 minutes ago, heatherchandler said:

Did he use it correctly?

Blackout doesn't mean you are unconscious, it is when you don't remember the night before.  You don't have to be THAT drunk for that to happen.  I had a few drinks and blacked out, was reminded about something I said the night before and did not remember it.  Your brain is like a tape recorder and it just misses a section of the night.

I would have been ok to consent when that happened.

You are also not able to give consent when you are drunk. 

Drugs and alcohol impact decision-making and blur consent. When drugs and alcohol are involved, clear consent cannot be obtained. An intoxicated person cannot give consent.

link:  https://utulsa.edu/sexual-violence-prevention-education/alcohol-consent/

Here is another link(https://www.fpa.org.uk/news/consent-and-alcohol-sexual-health-week-2018)

Legally someone is too drunk to consent if they are incapacitated.

This would apply if, for example:

their speech is slurred or incoherent and they can’t maintain a conversation

they can’t walk properly or are wobbly and unbalanced

they seem drowsy, or fall in and out of consciousnes s

their behaviour seems wildly out of character and they’ve taken part in dangerous or risky activities

they won’t be able to remember what happened the next day

they have been vomiting.

Edited by Natalie68
  • Love 3
9 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

You are also not able to give consent when you are drunk. 

Drugs and alcohol impact decision-making and blur consent. When drugs and alcohol are involved, clear consent cannot be obtained. An intoxicated person cannot give consent.

link:  https://utulsa.edu/sexual-violence-prevention-education/alcohol-consent/

Here is another link(https://www.fpa.org.uk/news/consent-and-alcohol-sexual-health-week-2018)

Legally someone is too drunk to consent if they are incapacitated.

This would apply if, for example:

their speech is slurred or incoherent and they can’t maintain a conversation

they can’t walk properly or are wobbly and unbalanced

they seem drowsy, or fall in and out of consciousnes s

their behaviour seems wildly out of character and they’ve taken part in dangerous or risky activities

they won’t be able to remember what happened the next day

they have been vomiting.

WHAT???  Every day, every bar, drunk people go home with drunk people - it's not a crime to hook up while drunk.  INCAPACITATED?  Yeah.  UNCONSCIOUS?  Of course.  My point is that "blackout" drunk doesn't always mean that you had so much to drink you don't know what you are doing.  I think it is confusing because blackout sounds like you are seeing black, but it is not true.

Edited by heatherchandler
  • Love 7
3 minutes ago, heatherchandler said:

WHAT???  Every day, every bar, drunk people go home with drunk people - it's not a crime to hook up while drunk.  INCAPACITATED?  Yeah.  UNCONSCIOUS?  Of course.  My point is that "blackout" drunk doesn't always mean that you had so much to drink you don't know what you are doing.  I think it is confusing because blackout sounds like you are seeing black, but it is not true.

Not my definition it is what is used all over the country at least for defining consent.  I have training about this all the time based on my job.  I know what blackout means.  I also used to work for a campus police dept.  You don't have to like it but it is what it is.

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

Not my definition it is what is used all over the country at least for defining consent.  I have training about this all the time based on my job.  I know what blackout means.  I also used to work for a campus police dept.  You don't have to like it but it is what it is.

It's not though.  It's a medical term, it means something.  I cannot search for this, I am at work.  It means NO MATTER HOW MUCH YOU DRANK, even as little as 1 drink, your brain didn't record it.  Not that you were unconscious.

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, heatherchandler said:

It's not though.  It's a medical term, it means something.  I cannot search for this, I am at work.  It means NO MATTER HOW MUCH YOU DRANK, even as little as 1 drink, your brain didn't record it.  Not that you were unconscious.

I am not assuming one is unconscious when they experience blackout.  The terms are quite clear.  If you do not remember it, despite being drunk and awake at the time, you cannot give consent.  It matters not at all what we think, the terms are quite clear in respect to the laws.  

• Love 4

In regards to being "blackout", while I'm not proud that I've gotten drunk to that point, from what others have told me, I always seem completely fine..."you were THAT fucked up? I never would've guessed.". It's all relative to the person & the situation. "Rage blackout" however is something Madison concocted from Seth & Summer from "The O.C."...and while she might have felt "provoked", I didn't see Shep doing/saying anything to Madison in CO that would've caused that.

• Love 2
16 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

I am not assuming one is unconscious when they experience blackout.  The terms are quite clear.  If you do not remember it, despite being drunk and awake at the time, you cannot give consent.  It matters not at all what we think, the terms are quite clear in respect to the laws.  

But you wouldn’t know not to give consent at the time you would appear and FEEL fine sooo this makes no sense.

Just FYI I’m a sexual assault survivor so I don’t need to argue the ins and outs of consent.  

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, heatherchandler said:

But you wouldn’t know not to give consent at the time you would appear and FEEL fine sooo this makes no sense.

Just FYI I’m a sexual assault survivor so I don’t need to argue the ins and outs of consent.  

Ok.  Again, I didn't make this stuff up and whether or not you or I agree with it it is what it is.  Horse beaten.

• Love 2

All this discussion about Madison having sex with a blacked out Austen reminded me of a bit two seasons ago in which Chelsea cautioned Austen to slow down his drinking so "he could perform later." Back then, a lot of people attacked Chelsea for saying that, apparently putting Austen down and embarrassing him and his bedroom skills. 

Turns out that Chelsea has every rhyme and reason to say it after all...

• LOL 1
  • Love 9

So, if the roles were reversed and it was a male bragging about having sex with a blacked out female would that change the narrative?

I guess you can only decide if you feel assaulted I suppose. 

I wonder if Andy’s new role as a father has changed how he views them. It definitely gives you perspective 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6
21 hours ago, chlban said:

How sad that in this day and age anyone would equate a sexually transmitted disease to a crime. 

I was just thinking that, yes, there are actually laws that insist one tells someone if they do have an STD.  Varies state by state but most state that by not telling someone you have an STD you are taking away their rights to decline.

In all 50 states there is cause for civil action.

1 hour ago, slowpoked said:

All this discussion about Madison having sex with a blacked out Austen reminded me of a bit two seasons ago in which Chelsea cautioned Austen to slow down his drinking so "he could perform later." Back then, a lot of people attacked Chelsea for saying that, apparently putting Austen down and embarrassing him and his bedroom skills. 

33 minutes ago, Kiss my mutt said:

So, if the roles were reversed and it was a male bragging about having sex with a blacked out female would that change the narrative?

I guess you can only decide if you feel assaulted I suppose.

OK!  I thought everyone knew that asking permission is necessary.  The South scares the shit out of me.

• Love 5

I just finished last of episode...this has already been mentioned...

1. i loved it when AC called out and condescendingly corrected Shep for not knowing who Brook Astor 

He hates being corrected and muttered “Boring” under his breath....

2. As much as I hate the “white trash” name calling...for Katherine to go into her shaking child voice...in a calculated speech pattern....”I...I..j..just think it’s pretty harsh to say trash to someone”... Katherine sweetie...it’s pretty harsh to say “Get off my coattails...fuck you Danni”... to one of your most loyal supporters...her victim speech is off putting.

3...well I HAD a number 3...but can’t remember....oh well...🤷‍♀️ 

Oh...not a fan at all..but Shep’s look on his face at end during cast members’ “last thoughts” salutation...after he’d sipped the martini was hilarious 😆 

Edited by Shellbell59
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, Shellbell59 said:

I just finished last of episode...this has already been mentioned...

1. i loved it when AC called out and condescendingly corrected Shep for not knowing who Brook Astor 

He hates being corrected and muttered “Boring” under his breath....

2. As much as I hate the “white trash” name calling...for Katherine to go into her shaking child voice...in a calculated speech pattern....”I...I..j..just think it’s pretty harsh to say trash to someone”... Katherine sweetie...it’s pretty harsh to say “Get off my coattails...fuck you Danni”... to one of your most loyal supporters...her victim speech is off putting.

3...well I HAD a number 3...but can’t remember....oh well...🤷‍♀️ 

Oh...not a fan at all..but Shep’s look on his face at end during cast members’ “last thoughts” salutation...after he’d sipped the martini was hilarious 😆 

Yes a thousand times to number two. The shaking baby girl act/voice was calculated and weird. Kathryn is a for shit actress.

• Love 11
11 hours ago, Babyfoot said:

Yes a thousand times to number two. The shaking baby girl act/voice was calculated and weird. Kathryn is a for shit actress.

Yes, that was wierd. She loves playing the victim.

• Love 4
On 8/29/2019 at 9:54 AM, TeeMo said:

I agree and I think part of the reason Shep can’t help himself with the “I’m smarter than everyone else in the room” BS is that in his real non TV life nearly every who surrounds him is far more accomplished than he is. Sometimes he will post on IG from trips with old friends and it is clear that while many of these guys also seem like they can be drunken d-bags, they actually have real non reality TV careers and in many cases, wives and kids. His brother and sister are both lawyers. His dad is a lawyer who was appointed to a big Justice Dept position by Ronald Reagan. Shep went to boarding school and then the University of Georgia and then Vanderbilt. It stands to reason that his real life friends are all way more intellectually and professionally accomplished than he is. So he behaves like an arrogant asshole who is so much smarter and better than the rest of the cast because they are easier targets to feel superiority about.

He’a a snob who knows he has underachieved based on his advantages in life and he can’t puff his chest out about his superior intellect around his lawyer, doctor, business friends without blowback so he takes it out on Chelsea the hairdresser and Austen the failed beer man or Kathryn the hot mess express. It is ridiculous because none of it really matters to anyone and all of these people are doing just fine for themselves but it matters to Shep. It matters so much to Shep. I think he is really quite bothered by what his life has become despite his protestations and that is where all that seething anger comes from. He needs some serious therapy and a real job with some accountability. 

I think you're totally right. We also saw him try to open a bar/hot dog restaurant and it burned down/had some kind of a fire. And he hasn't brought up the other businesses he talked about, some kind of music lounge/bar. So I would imagine that he is also embarrassed that with his pedigree and business degree he hasn't made a go of anything besides "mailbox money".

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Anonysaurus said:

I think you're totally right. We also saw him try to open a bar/hot dog restaurant and it burned down/had some kind of a fire. And he hasn't brought up the other businesses he talked about, some kind of music lounge/bar. So I would imagine that he is also embarrassed that with his pedigree and business degree he hasn't made a go of anything besides "mailbox money".

Both The Palace Hotel,the bar/hot dog place with the fire but reopened, and The Commodore, the bar/music venue, are still around. He was always just a coowner who has nothing to do with the day to day.

• Useful 3
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, Anonysaurus said:

So I would imagine that he is also embarrassed that with his pedigree and business degree he hasn't made a go of anything besides "mailbox money".

Which I think is why he bought that vacant land in James Island. Despite all his protestations, he wants to do something significant, or at least give a perception that he is doing something significant. 

Turns out, not only is his attitude shitty and trashy,  his business decision making is as well.

• Love 10
2 hours ago, biakbiak said:

Both The Palace Hotel,the bar/hot dog place with the fire but reopened, and The Commodore, the bar/music venue, are still around. He was always just a coowner who has nothing to do with the day to day.

Maybe he's smart enough to take a step back from advertising his involvement then, especially in the last few seasons that he's gotten such bad press.

• Love 1
On 8/28/2019 at 7:33 PM, oceanview said:

Yup, it was worse tonight.  Does that tell us anything?   He has that leg issue constantly, just not as obvious as tonight.  Drives me crazy.   Is that a sign of insecurity or something?

My son has ADD/ADHD & does that too; I love him but it does make me crazy!

On 8/29/2019 at 2:28 PM, chlban said:

I just can't with Danni. I don't like weak women anyway, and I find her ridiculous. I really could not care less if she had it or didn't have it, it is simply a sexually transmitted disease. She carries on like she was accused of a crime.  

On 8/29/2019 at 5:41 PM, chlban said:

Danni is reduced to tears because she is a weak Drama Queen. I sincerely hope they cut her since she brings nothing to the show and never has. She should have told Madison to F off and it should have been over, instead of giving it any value. But then, it is pretty much the only story line she has ever had  other than acting as Katherines doormat.

Danni is an artist. And artists do tend to be sensitive; seems harsh to describe that creative personality type as weak...

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
On 8/29/2019 at 7:39 PM, Thumper said:

I don't see Danni as weak.  She is just more sensitive than some people.  Some of us cry more easily; if she is like me, she hates that she does it.  I cry when I am angry!  I'm sure others interpret it differently, but just trying to explain another viewpoint.

Yes, I think often kind, polite, sensitive people are seen incorrectly as weak, while outspoken, brash, aggressive people are mistakenly viewed as strong. I find it's usually the opposite; takes a lot of strength & security not to meet anger with more anger, which can escalate & make things worse, or cause one to stoop down to the aggressor's level with ugly, hurtful words. I admire Zen Buddhists who are able to live this way...

Edited by IslandGirl
Writing is in the editing...
  • Love 20
38 minutes ago, IslandGirl said:

Yes, I think often kind, polite, sensitive people are seen incorrectly as weak, while outspoken, brash, aggressive people are mistakenly viewed as strong. I find it's usually the opposite; takes a lot of strength & security not to meet anger with more anger, which can escalate & make things worse, or cause one to stoop down to the aggressor's level with ugly, hurtful words. I admire Zen Buddhists who are able to live this way...

Artists can be emotionally extreme ...

...and I agree...predominantly sensitive...

then you hear about and look at lives of some comedians (who would think so many were/are on the precipice of tragedy)

as I said earlier when a commenter asked if Chelsea could possibly be “passionate” about her work....yes..cosmetology is a great vocation for the “frustrated artist”. One has to have a “sense” to see color..and sculpt basically...IMO

OOH..maybe THAT IS WHY Madison doesn’t like Danni....hmmmmm....and it’s extreme...and she’s a hair stylist...frustrated artist perhaps?...hmmm 🤔🤔

me thinks Mad has a bit of “palette” envy!! 🤫

Edited by Shellbell59
Crazy post...”i’m talking...and I can’t shut up!” 🤭..we started our Labor Day early...edibles 🥴
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
On 8/29/2019 at 3:39 PM, jumper sage said:

I just can't with Danni. I don't like weak women anyway, and I find her ridiculous. I really could not care less if she had it or didn't have it, it is simply a sexually transmitted disease. She carries on like she was accused of a crime.  

C'mon the good girl vs tramp tropes still exist. Danni's tears make perfect sense in that the reputation she's built and cultivated was destroyed in the blink of an eye. Just as a lot of people here think she's lying I bet any man who wants to date her will wonder if it's true. In the real world you're guilty until proven innocent. How awful would it be if it were all just a ploy to get Gentry (is that the boyfriend's name?) from Danni.

She and her family are going to have to combat gossip for a long time, especially in the South, thanks to Madison. I bet a lot of people are advising Danni to quit this show once and for all.

Edited by Drumpf1737
Punctuation is important
  • Love 8
59 minutes ago, Drumpf1737 said:

C'mon the good girl vs tramp tropes still exists. Danni's tears make perfect sense in that the reputation she's built and cultivated is destroyed in the blink of an eye.  Just as a lot of people here think she's lying I bet any man who wants to date her will wonder if it's true. In the real world you're guilty until proven innocent. How awful would it be if it were all just a ploy to get Gentry (is that the boyfriend's name/) from Danni?

She and her family are going to have to combat gossip for a long time especially in the South thanks to Madison. I bet a lot of people are advising Danni to quit this show once and for all.

I hope she takes their advice! She’s so very boring and not cut out for this mess at all.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Drumpf1737 said:
On 8/29/2019 at 6:39 PM, jumper sage said:

C'mon the good girl vs tramp tropes still exists. Danni's tears make perfect sense in that the reputation she's built and cultivated is destroyed in the blink of an eye.  Just as a lot of people here think she's lying I bet any man who wants to date her will wonder if it's true. In the real world you're guilty until proven innocent. How awful would it be if it were all just a ploy to get Gentry (is that the boyfriend's name/) from Danni?

She and her family are going to have to combat gossip for a long time especially in the South thanks to Madison. I bet a lot of people are advising Danni to quit this show once and for all.

I DID NOT SAY THE TOP PART!  That was someone else.  I do not agree with the top portion.

• Love 5
On 8/29/2019 at 12:16 PM, pasdetrois said:

LibertarianSlut: I kind of get your point about Shep and reality, but during the first two seasons we saw a completely different side of him. I often wonder whether the combination of celebrity and money makes it impossible for people to be humble and kind. Something happens when one ha

I was never a Shep fangirl like many. I didn't like him from the start. I could see the snobbery underneath all the  big toothy smiles. But I agree. He is different now. Was he hiding it better then? Did fame make him care less if others saw his elitist attitude? Who knows?  Probably a combo of both. 

I do think it's funny that he seems surprised most people aren't giving him a pass. I think he got so used people giggling at everything he said,  that it leaves him wondering, what's changed? 😄

Edited by Coffeewinewater
  • Useful 1
  • Love 9
On 9/1/2019 at 8:07 PM, jumper sage said:

I DID NOT SAY THE TOP PART!  That was someone else.  I do not agree with the top portion.

10 hours ago, Drumpf1737 said:

I'm sorry Jumper Sage not sure how that happened

It’s just a site glitch that happens sometimes. It’s been going on for quite a while now, I guess they can’t figure out how to fix it.

18 hours ago, Coffeewinewater said:

I was never a Shep fangirl like many. I didn't like him from the start. I could see the snobbery underneath all the  big toothy smiles. But I agree. He is different now. Was he hiding it better then? Did fame make him care less if others saw his elitist attitude? Who knows?  Probably a combo of both. 

Man, I wish I could say the same thing! I feel like Bravo always has a way of making me regret ever liking someone (I still like Stephanie from RHOD and Tinsley from RHONY, but I’m sure they will eventually be taken from me too).

I haven’t seen anyone mention this yet, but Austen took a date to SeaWorld?! Seriously? Way to further prove both how ethically adrift AND boring you are, Austen. Kathryn might have been out of it on WWHL, but her reaction to the mention of Austen (“who?”) was fantastic. 

• Love 7
On 9/1/2019 at 5:07 PM, jumper sage said:

18 hours ago, Drumpf1737 said:

I'm sorry Jumper Sage not sure how that happened

7 hours ago, link417 said:

It’s just a site glitch that happens sometimes. It’s been going on for quite a while now, I guess they can’t figure out how to fix it.

It happens when you quote a post within a post...the quote is attributed to the more recent poster instead of the originally quoted poster.

• Useful 3
  • Love 1

I'm glad Kathryn's continued substance abuse is no longer swept under the carpet. Its obvious she is altered, and clearly takes daily mood stabilizers. Any drugs or alcohol on top of psych meds potentiate the effects of the medications. Kathryn is not well. She crashed her car on two occasions in August alone, with the kids in the vehicle.  Its gonna be tough to talk her way out of this one. And one must be saddened for those poor kids with two selfish parents that don't put them first.

Danny honey, we all know you caught that STD from Shep. You took some antibiotics and its gone. The hysteria is not needed honey, just makes you look more desperate to squash the story...but the story has legs and has gained traction. Blame Shep for 1) giving you a STD 2) telling Austin about it.

Muppet mouth is so besotted by Madison. She looks beautiful by the way, I would say more so than the other SC regulars. She needs to come back next season, its hilarious how much they are all bothered by her.

Chelsea remains a cool chic. I love her and her dog and her refusal to succumb to this shows demands to show off her beau. More Chelsea/dad/dog scenes next year please.

Bored by mommy Cam. I don't watch this show to see kids at the aquarium with mama and grandma. Her storyline is dead. Go be a wife and mum. But you bring nothing to the show at this point, your narrative isn't that interesting girl.

Whitney? Whitney who? Isn't it interesting who "has" to show up for these things and who doesn't?

• Love 9
15 hours ago, 2dogmom said:

i still think whitney is gay, or at least bisexual.   i could be wrong, not really anyone's business...but neither is chlymidia.

If Whit renamed "renob" "chlamydia" I would not be shocked.

• LOL 3
23 hours ago, Crazydoxielady said:

I'm glad Kathryn's continued substance abuse is no longer swept under the carpet. Its obvious she is altered, and clearly takes daily mood stabilizers. Any drugs or alcohol on top of psych meds potentiate the effects of the medications. Kathryn is not well. She crashed her car on two occasions in August alone, with the kids in the vehicle.  Its gonna be tough to talk her way out of this one. And one must be saddened for those poor kids with two selfish parents that don't put them first.

Danny honey, we all know you caught that STD from Shep. You took some antibiotics and its gone. The hysteria is not needed honey, just makes you look more desperate to squash the story...but the story has legs and has gained traction. Blame Shep for 1) giving you a STD 2) telling Austin about it.

Muppet mouth is so besotted by Madison. She looks beautiful by the way, I would say more so than the other SC regulars. She needs to come back next season, its hilarious how much they are all bothered by her.

Chelsea remains a cool chic. I love her and her dog and her refusal to succumb to this shows demands to show off her beau. More Chelsea/dad/dog scenes next year please.

Bored by mommy Cam. I don't watch this show to see kids at the aquarium with mama and grandma. Her storyline is dead. Go be a wife and mum. But you bring nothing to the show at this point, your narrative isn't that interesting girl.

Whitney? Whitney who? Isn't it interesting who "has" to show up for these things and who doesn't?

Love this, I agree with ALL statements! 

100% about Kathryn, she has serious issues, it is time to get off the show and get your shit together.  Drinking while on adderall AND/OR Xanax is a really bad idea. 

Cam should just go live her life.  It's a good life, but not good for tv.  

• Love 2

Cam is not going to leave the show, she's the greek chorus and the money is too good.  She's not driving that Mercedes because of her real estate career, its show money.  She wants to be financially independent from her husband whom she's always afraid is going to leave her, yet all the man seems to want in live is more children with her.  It was interesting that she was waffling on her stance of not having more kids.

I'd like to see Danni have a nice storyline, she should be interesting being an artist but she's always been relegated to the background and this year even humiliated.

Shep has anger issues, I'm guessing a girl (who reminds him of Madison) long ago dumped him and set him on the path he's on now.  He's got money and fame and no one to share it with, that must be devastating for a social guy.

Eliza was sure a non starter.  I'd look for her to be back because they need her plantation as a backdrop.  She offended Kathryn right away and then we only saw her for hosting parties.

What is Craig up to.  Has he really given up on dating because of Naomi?  I thought the Adderall addiction revealed a lot, he really does need counseling.

Edited by scenicbyway
  • Love 2

Cam seems kind of superficial so Jason doesn't seem like her type.  Okay looking and a big breadwinner but I think Cam has dated professional athletes, big and buff types.

Maybe that is why she wants some independence, not just financial but in other ways.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
41 minutes ago, scenicbyway said:

I'd like to see Naomi have a nice storyline, she should be interesting being an artist but she's always been relegated to the background and this year even humiliated.

An artist?  She copied a real artist's mural for her parent's restaurant and then mocked the original artist on instagram. 

• Love 1