Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E13: It's Ben a Long Time

• Start Topic

Colin faces a tough decision and Anastasia accepts her new role, but Sandy wonders whether if she’s now phoning her job in. An all-female group come on board and do their best to flirt with the deck crew. Jack and Aesha move in together making Travis feel isolated. And a familiar face returns that has Hannah on her toes.

Airs August 26, 2019.

• Love 1

Awwww Colin!  Bye June.  And btw, you're going to be the new girl at your next job, too.

Aesha and her fuckboy continue  to annoy me.

Keep whining Travis.  We're all real sorry about your bromance getting broken up.

So we have 3 charters left, maybe 2 weeks?

Ben seems to be doing OK on land for himself.  This is like a long ad for his "brand".  

Tough job though, jumping in with a few hours to go.  Ana is much more helpful than Mila was to her.  She should tone down the whining.  She should have known there would be lots of galley time at first.

Hannah is right.  She needs her stew full time.

And the horny guests are going commando.  lol  

The fish food golf balls are way cool!

Not only Ana serves cold food.  I can't imagine trying to cook with intermittent burners,

• Love 12

Yay Ben is back!!! I can’t wait to see his creations for the next three charters.  Yes Sandy the food is cold because the burners are useless. Now Aesha and Jack get to take their grossness to the next level now that they share a cabin.  I’m happy Colin is staying, he knows good and well that his bro beans would have lost his entire mind if he had to deal with Jack, Travis and June. Travis there is only one true bromance on the yacht and it’s not you and Jack, so stop whining. These guests are super thirsty and they know it.

Edited by spunky
  • Love 10

So Anastasia couldn’t remember what Aesha told her about the clothes so she just decided to wash them?? Miss leave a pan on a hot burner????? Hmmmmmm.. Maybe someone needs to pop quiz her and ask her if she knows what a quarter past the hour is??? Seems like she’s apt to make some space cadet mistakes herself. Smh. 

• Love 15
40 minutes ago, PaperTree said:

Awwww Colin!  Bye June.  And btw, you're going to be the new girl at your next job, too.

Yeah but she may be received a whole lot more warmly and therefore help with her new girl anxiety. Every situation is different and some people are more encouraging than others. Here’s hoping! 

• Love 10
42 minutes ago, spunky said:

Now Aesha and Jack get to take their grossness to the next level now that they share a cabin.  

I am so over this already.

I am looking forward to Ben’s stress meeting Jack’s general uselessness.  Speaking of, what happened with Travis and the tinder?

• Love 6

This episode deserved my undivided attention...rewatch it is. 

Shocked that Bravo showed Aesha and Jack doing that. Perhaps that was the only footage from that camera that they can show, but still! 

The preview of the one lady who basically pissed her pants. How embarrassing.

The tender boat...need more of this story.

love.this.show.

• LOL 1
  • Love 14
2 hours ago, howiveaddict said:

Glad we don't have to see June June Hannah working on deck.

But Anastasia should have gone.   She officially accepted the Chef role.  The 3rd stew job (which is an entry level position) was already filled.  It was on her that she wasn't cutting it as the Chef.

This really speaks to Sandy's bad management, leadership.  June was right to call her out.

Edited by tealeaves
  • Love 13

That scene of Joao telling him not to leave as Colin was about to go talk to Sandy and then Hanna intercepting him a few yards later were obviously staged.

Either Colin wasn't really serious about leaving or he folded rather quickly.

They were all happy a couple of hours before the charter.  But all that feel-good team spirit stuff may be unraveling, with Ben whining about the burners, Ana ruining the dress, Travis screwing up the tender, etc.

But by the last charter they will be complimentary of each other as they do their stand exits.

• Love 4

That lunch Ben made looked amazing! 

Captain Sandy’s “how does it feel watching a real chef?” to Ana was kind of bitchy, but I still chuckled to myself. I’m over A’s whole pouting/whining/complaining schtick. 

These guests don’t seem too awful so far (in terms of being demanding and complaining) but I was certainly cringing at their aggressive flirting and their sloppy drunken conversations. 

5 hours ago, howiveaddict said:

As a middle aged woman, drunk middle aged women are embarassing to watch.

Glad Colly didn't leave.  His mother probably told him not to be a quitter.  Glad we don't have to see June June Hannah working on deck.

A fellow WWC fan?? 

• Love 10

Ben served more food at that lunch than Anastasia had at any of her meals.  I really felt sorry for those big beefy guys who got served a salad and two artfully rolled squash pasta pieces. 

His food looked really delicious - as did hers but in miniature.

• Love 21
9 hours ago, Mr. Minor said:

Sandy managed to stick her face in almost every scene tonight, she’s lame AF! 🙄

I don't remember the other captain being that involved with the guests, ever.  Sandy was in the guests faces at every turn and it was annoying mostly because it seemed that she wanted to throw her crew under the bus every chance she got.  

Sandy said the guest's dress was ruined but that guest was wearing it at dinner.  Sandy is trying to stir things up and it is not a good look for her.

Ben served rice, sashimi and shrimp at both lunch and dinner but nobody says anything.  Hannah should have pointed that out and suggest he serve lobster or grouper instead.

Oh boy, middle aged drunk women lacking underwear, trying to pick up the deck crew.  Can Bravo come up with fresher material?  The women seem to be portrayed as either young gold diggers with older men or horny, drunk, middle aged women.  

They all thought Jack said his name was Jock, so how long will they call him Jock?

• Love 13
9 hours ago, TexasGal said:

I am so over this already.

I am looking forward to Ben’s stress meeting Jack’s general uselessness.  Speaking of, what happened with Travis and the tinder?

Apparently he didn’t secure it to the boat like he was told. I guess a corona was calling his name so he couldn’t be bothered.

• LOL 8
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, Barbara Please said:

I'm completely over Captain 'the food is not hot" Sandy.  And please stop kissing, hugging, and telling your staff that you love them!

Bravo. Please stop filming sexy times between the crew. It's creepy, and voyeuristic. 

The charter guests need to be hosed down. It's not appropriate to treat men like pieces of meat. 

Travis: You're not really friends with someone until you seen their cock."

Me:

Could-You-Not-Meme-Girl-Gif-During-The-C

All of this. I understand Sandy hugging Joao because they’re really close and he considers her a second mother. But it was a little inappropriate with Colin who seemed confused by her affection. These women are acting desperate for a man. I don’t know if he’s doing it on purpose but Joao seems to be limiting his interactions with these women and allowing his crew to have all the “fun”.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, Duke2801 said:

That lunch Ben made looked amazing! 

Captain Sandy’s “how does it feel watching a real chef?” to Ana was kind of bitchy, but I still chuckled to myself. I’m over A’s whole pouting/whining/complaining schtick. 

These guests don’t seem too awful so far (in terms of being demanding and complaining) but I was certainly cringing at their aggressive flirting and their sloppy drunken conversations. 

A fellow WWC fan?? 

How’d you guess?   Lol

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
8 hours ago, tealeaves said:

But Anastasia should have gone.   She officially accepted the Chef role.  The 3rd stew job (which is an entry level position) was already filled.  It was on her that she wasn't cutting it as the Chef.

This really speaks to Sandy's bad management, leadership.  June was right to call her out.

Not to mention the fact that she's being a tad bit irresponsible by just throwing those clothes in the washer all willy nilly. Also, her complaining about STILL being in the galley. Well honey it's YOUR fault a new chef is thrown into the gallery with no prep or idea of how the galley is stocked. TWO hours before a charter starts. So yeah sweetie, you're gonna have to help. Same with Hannah acting like Ben plans to use Anastasia for the remainder of the charters. Um no, Ben usually has things covered so stop with the eyerolls about not having your third stew. If I recall June never made any huge mistakes like fucking up the guests clothes and Anastasia did it two seconds going back into that position. <facepalm>

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Love 13
6 minutes ago, Yours Truly said:

to use Anastasia for the remainder of the charters. Um no, Ben usually has things covered so stop with the eyerolls about not having your third stew. If I recall

Actually most of the time he does have help for at least dinner service prep though it’s typically a deckhand.

• Love 3

Hannah kept going on and on about how she was nervous about lending Anastasia to Ben because Ben is the type who takes a mile when given an inch but in every actual interaction where Ben and Hannah discussed having Ana help he seemed super apologetic about needing Ana’s help and put time limits on it himself. “Just for an hour would be great?” Hannah can get over it. I get that she is annoyed about constantly seeming to have half a stew but shit happens and you need to figure it out. She has annoyed me far less this season than on past seasons but I think the last couple of episodes are going to make me remember why I dislike her so much. 

• Love 13

I suspect the whole kitchen isn't up to par is BS.  I do not believe it.  Just part of the drama this season.  As well as Sandy testing a plate that had been brought out long ago and sat.  Food doesn't stay hot for half an hour while guests chat and drink.  So silly.  

I also have a hard time believing that a trained professional isn't careful with what clothes she washes.  Handling other people's clothes is a delicate matter. Pardon the pun.  lol   

Isn't there enough real content so they cant stop the fakery?  lol 

I don't fault the middle aged, drunken ladies.  They are taking their roles seriously.  

Ben is funny.  I enjoy his humor. 

• Love 10
11 hours ago, howiveaddict said:

As a middle aged woman, drunk middle aged women are embarassing to watch.

In the age of our entitlement to the same options as men, being drunken lecherous pigs was really not on my top-ten list.  

• LOL 4
  • Love 10
54 minutes ago, MartyQui said:

I don’t understand why they couldn’t get a couple of portable induction burners if the stove isn’t working...I know it adds to the drama, but at this point it’s just silly.

I was wondering about this too; Anastasia they had someone out to fix the stove twice and it couldn't be fixed without ripping it out.  Checking French Amazon, you can get an induction burner for about 50 euros, the very same price as a carton of ciggies in Italy.  Why not order a couple to be delivered when the provisions are picked up?  It's hardly a budget buster and then the boat can keep them for backup or table-side preps.

2 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Sandy said the guest's dress was ruined but that guest was wearing it at dinner.  Sandy is trying to stir things up and it is not a good look for her.

Thank you!  I thought she was wearing that very same dress at dinner.  It seemed fine.

I used to be able to drink quite a lot even up to my 30s, but once I hit 40, no more.  I can handle 2, maybe 3 glasses of wine with a big meal and be okay the next day.  Any more than that and I'm down for the count, feeling sick to my stomach, and like my head will explode for a full day afterward.  How these 50+ women across the Bravosphere can handled downing drink after drink just boggles my mind.

Oh, one other thing: yesterday morning Bravo reaired S1 of BDM and Hannah referred to their level of service as "seven star service".  So maybe this isn't something Joao made up to say about Ana's cooking ability?  It still sounds weird to me.

• Love 11
3 minutes ago, Lizzing said:

Oh, one other thing: yesterday morning Bravo reaired S1 of BDM and Hannah referred to their level of service as "seven star service". 

and to think that Michelin gets by with only three stars...

• LOL 11
  • Love 2
50 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

Actually most of the time he does have help for at least dinner service prep though it’s typically a deckhand.

I meant from start to finish. This day he had to lean on Anastasia pretty much through the whole process because he didn't have a feel for the logistics of the galley. Both Anastasia and Hannah were acting if his need to use Anastasia was a bit burdensome which I found to be ridiculous considering the circumstances and their knowledge/contribution to those circumstances. 

• Love 9

If Anastasia hadn’t been there to help Ben he wouldn’t have made it through that meal - she really knows what is there, where it all is, the best way to work around the quirks and inconveniences of that small, shitty galley, and she communicates effectively and succinctly. I’ve never felt that her quality of food suddenly tanked, and the “food is cold again so Ana is failing” nonsense got on my nerves from the start. Clearly, the last charter guests had a guy whose mission was to send food back for being too cold like it was his job. If you don’t eat when the plate is put in front of you, it’s going to cool off.  Even Ben’s food cools off. I kind of like that Ana is getting a bit of validation, because I think she did a good job except for the small portions for the baseball player’s charter. 

Sandy is so busy ass kissing she doesn’t have time to address the burner situation?  She’s all, “Let’s make this happen!” when it comes to thin slicing ham, but she can’t be arsed to convey the urgency of a new stove to the owner? She’s the only one who has a direct line to the person who can authorize that purchase. 

My feelings about Joao go up and down, but he is consistently excellent at his job. It’s a pleasure to watch him work.  Travis’ commentary about the South African running in his natural habitat made me laugh.  Drink Travis is a nightmare, but sober Travis is great, and in spite of his mistakes I have a soft spot for him. It makes me sad that someone who can be so smart, funny, kind and great to be around is admittedly unhappy at his core and using alcohol to try to cover up that unhappiness. I hope he gets help, he could be an excellent human all around if he can somehow fight his way out of depression and alcoholism. 

I had completely forgotten Captain Eyebrows was ever on this show until they showed him in the Ben flashback.  I guess that’s how June will be for me eventually, slipping so far back in the memory that it’s like she was never there.

• Love 18

So all the flash backs that show Ben and Hannah working together are from the first season with the first Captain. I didn't realize that Ben has never worked with Captain Sandy. That's interesting. I'm going to look forward to see how they get along. 

• Love 5
4 hours ago, Duke2801 said:

You’re doing great Collie! 

Those guys kill me 🤣

I always picture his mom leaning out of a boat, yelling to the yacht.

2 hours ago, duddley said:

Maybe they just need some branzino and a nap?🤣

Eeeand a hug!

ETA: I crack up at their Joao impression.  "This is how we do it in Zim"  If I am listening while walking from the train, I have to put my hand over my mouth while I am laughing so I don't look too crazy.

Edited by heatherchandler
  • LOL 3
  • Love 4

Ben was unhappy that 4 dishes came back virtually untouched. Mine would have too as I’m not eating raw egg on raw seafood. I also forgot how much Ben complains. I understand that part of it was warranted as he only had 2 hours to familiarize himself with the galley and get a lunch out. Those first impressions are important. He was right on that point as it does set the tone. 

I would be ashamed to be with that set of women acting like...pick your own adjective. 

• Love 8
7 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

The guest didn't seem that upset about the dress at the time either.  I see you producers!  I also think the cold food is all producers and I know I'm watching a reality show, but I just appreciate when the guests are jerks and it is crew v them, of they are fine and do cool stuff I'll never do.  But I am ecstatic to see Ben.

1 hour ago, heatherchandler said:

You’re doing great Collie! 

Those guys kill me 🤣

Love them!  The Jaoa impersonations are so spot on.  

• Love 8

I realize that Ben came on kind of last-minute, but wouldn't he have had time to at least add to the provisions order?  Couldn't have he been in communication from Fort Lauderdale or wherever he came from?   I can see him being annoyed that basics such as ziplock bags weren't on hand, but if he wanted specialty items like garlic oil or chili pepper oil, it seems to me that he should have requested them.

Edited by MyGiddyAunt
  • Love 2
15 hours ago, MeLikesTV said:

The preview of the one lady who basically pissed her pants. How embarrassing.

and not only did the producers have the "good taste" to "feature it" but apparently everyone around her commented on it. Classy.

• Love 1

Sandy's management of this boat has been garbage all season. I can only hope it's producer driven, but if not, she's incompetent.

1. Promotes a 3rd stew to Chef on a luxury yacht and not for one charter, for the whole season. Have her cook a meal for you at least, ffs.

2. Always surprised that guests aren't happy? Are you looking the food? It was crap. 

3. Asks the BoSox crew how the food was at the END. She knows she has a rookie chef and she's not watching what's going on?

4. Knowing that Anastasia is faultering, she pulls Travis from the galley. WTF?

5. PS Travis never should have been in the galley that much. Sandy knew Jack was useless, so she's crippling the exterior crew.

6. Thinks that over-complimenting a lazy crew member (Jack) is motivational.

7. Hired Mila!

• LOL 2
  • Love 14
2 minutes ago, sharongogo said:

Have her cook a meal for you at least, ffs.

She had her do that and liked it. 

3 minutes ago, sharongogo said:

Are you looking the food? It was crap. 

Other than the temperature the guests seemed to enjoy the taste of the food.

• Love 9
20 minutes ago, sharongogo said:

Sandy's management of this boat has been garbage all season. I can only hope it's producer driven, but if not, she's incompetent.

1. Promotes a 3rd stew to Chef on a luxury yacht and not for one charter, for the whole season. Have her cook a meal for you at least, ffs.

2. Always surprised that guests aren't happy? Are you looking the food? It was crap. 

3. Asks the BoSox crew how the food was at the END. She knows she has a rookie chef and she's not watching what's going on?

4. Knowing that Anastasia is faultering, she pulls Travis from the galley. WTF?

5. PS Travis never should have been in the galley that much. Sandy knew Jack was useless, so she's crippling the exterior crew.

6. Thinks that over-complimenting a lazy crew member (Jack) is motivational.

7. Hired Mila!

All casting decisions, including the chef, are made by the producers, right?

Anyone that gets any kind of camera time have to agree to be filmed on camera and obviously the network is going to have the final say on who appears on their channel.

If Sandy for instance wanted nothing to do with Hanna but Bravo likes her wearing tight shirts and often being filmed in her bra, of course Bravo is going to get their way.

• Love 8

Travis, it's good to know that you and I will never truly be friends because I have not, nor do I plan to, see your cock.  

So Hannah apparently hit on Ben a few charter seasons ago?  Does Hannah ever go a full charter season (like 6 weeks?) without hooking up?  I mean, I'm not slut shaming or anything but it seems like maybe for such a short period of time, you can focus on your job and doing it well?  Just saying.   I did have to laugh when every time there was a comment mentioned about being busy, the editing monkeys showed Hannah in her bunk, texting.  Ha ha.

And while I do agree with Hannah that she doesn't want to lose Anastasia to the galley, Ben did come on board only 2 hours prior to the charter so he would clearly need some assistance.  If people think Ben is complaining now, just wait until breakfast.  Ben HATES making breakfast.

Did Sandy ever tell Hannah about Ana washing the guest's dry-clean only dress?  Seems to me that should have been brought up to Hannah for Hannah to discuss it with Ana.  After all, as Ana herself said, third stew is EASY.  

Ana mentioned her tip was the same, whether she was third stew or chef.  Surely she got a pay increase for being chef because if not, hell to the no.  

So happy Colin stayed.  Yay!  Although previews made it look like he gets injured?  Poor Joao spoke too soon about everything (finally) coming together with the deck crew.  

These charter guests are gross and an absolute embarrassment.  If they were all men speaking the women this way, they'd be castigated.  As I recall, Cynthia Bailey from RHOA had a female-only charter a few seasons back and they were very respectful.  Her daughter had a crush on one of the male crewmembers and it seems like maybe a few comments were made about the general attractiveness but nothing gross or sleazy or remotely bordering on hashtag me too.   I mean, I get it - - if I was there on vacay, I would probably not object to banging Joao.  But ladies, get yourselves together and have a little pride.  You look like sloppy, desperate, drunken cougars. 

• Love 18
1 minute ago, psychoticstate said:

Hannah apparently hit on Ben a few charter seasons ago?  Does Hannah ever go a full charter season (like 6 weeks?) without hooking up?  I mean, I'm not slut shaming or anything but it seems like maybe for such a short period of time, you can focus on your job and doing it well?  Just saying.

Ben has also never been able to stop hooking up with his coworkers.

• Love 4

So, had Ben been working in the area? Maybe I missed this piece of info. I heard him say he was working for clients all over the US. Surely, he didn't fly from the US for this charter? Or maybe he did for Bravo.