Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E13: It's Ben a Long Time

• Start Topic

5 hours ago, luvthepros said:

Ben will get it done. I have no doubt.

Actually he keeps serving raw fish which doesn’t have be done at all.

What do want to bet there is gazpacho on the menu? There must be a lot of gourmet crap that you don’t have to cook that he can serve so the people can send it back untouched.   

A least they can’t complain that it is cold.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, terrymct said:

....It’s in the best interest of the owners to make a repair like a stove immediately even if it costs a lot because food is one of the most obvious luxury items on the boats. 

Of course it is. Food preparation and taste is a major part of the yachting experience (besides cocktails) for their passengers. Same for mass market cruise lines. Most passengers look forward to meal time and in between times also to feast on food. That is a major part of the cruising experience. Let's face it.....it is human nature. 

• Love 1
10 hours ago, The Ringo Kidd said:

Actually he keeps serving raw fish which doesn’t have be done at all.

What do want to bet there is gazpacho on the menu? There must be a lot of gourmet crap that you don’t have to cook that he can serve so the people can send it back untouched.   

A least they can’t complain that it is cold.

When I said, "Ben will get it done", I was referring to Ben will make sure the stove is replaced. Then he can prepare hot meals for the guests. I honestly don't think Ben prefers to serve food that doesn't require cooking.

• Love 4
On 8/27/2019 at 8:06 AM, MartyQui said:

I don’t understand why they couldn’t get a couple of portable induction burners if the stove isn’t working...I know it adds to the drama, but at this point it’s just silly.

It's totally absurd that this hasn't been fixed at this point.  The food is a major thing when it comes to their level of service and their tip, so having a stove that isn't working is just crap.  Yes it is an expense to have it fixed, but if you are someone who owns a yacht that you rent out for charters, you want to make sure you have the best possible reviews so that you have repeat guests and referrals, so that's the type of thing you'd take the hit on and pay whatever to have it fixed as soon as it broke.  It would be like owning a vacation home in Florida that you rent out and having the air conditioning go out, yet not fixing it.  You'd definitely have problems with the tenants if that occurred.

On 8/27/2019 at 9:01 AM, Carolina Girl said:

In the age of our entitlement to the same options as men, being drunken lecherous pigs was really not on my top-ten list.  

Astronaut, President, CEO, sure.  These women are going for the lowest possible bar.  

On 8/27/2019 at 12:22 PM, Irritable said:

If Anastasia hadn’t been there to help Ben he wouldn’t have made it through that meal - she really knows what is there, where it all is, the best way to work around the quirks and inconveniences of that small, shitty galley, and she communicates effectively and succinctly. 

In fairness to Ben, he had walked on the boat just a couple of hours before the guests did.  Ana had been on the boat and had been helping Mila out before she took over, so she was familiar with the layout and where things were in the kitchen.  She didn't have to turn out the meal while also trying to figure out where the salt was or if they had a food processor, etc.  Ben had none of that knowledge. 

On 8/27/2019 at 1:56 PM, dleighg said:

Ben served "Indian-inspired airline chicken." I looked it up and "airline chicken" is a breast where a bit of the wing is left attached. But man, "airline chicken" evokes nothing other than a little plastic tray with a foil lid and a sad, sad chicken breast inside.

I've never quite understood why people went with this name for this dish.  I mean, I get it, I know why it's named that way, but if it's a higher level of restaurant, I feel like you'd want to change it up a bit so it didn't conjure up something you'd be eating while stuck in a middle seat for 8 hours. 

On 8/27/2019 at 11:13 PM, biakbiak said:

The Kate hookup happened when they weren’t filming, the Kat hookup got a lot of play including people listening to them having sex and they may or may not have stained a decorative pillow because one of the Times happened in a state room between charters.

This was also the one where the piece of the stateroom was damaged, wasn't it? 

On 8/28/2019 at 8:35 AM, Mr. Minor said:

Many do, they were probably drunk and having "swordfights" every night. That's why Travis was so bummed out.

Fencing?

On 8/29/2019 at 5:40 AM, Kdawg82 said:

Anastasia and her comment to Ben "I don't 'check things' anymore. You're here"= what.a.snot. I can't stand that chick.  She needs to get over herself, indeed. I hope they air all Her snot comments at the reunion and someone (a viewer/ Andy) calls her out on it. 

She really does have a nasty attitude.  When she was the chef, she kept telling the others that she was doing "real work that required a brain" and yet she required pretty much fulltime support from another crew member in order to do it.  Now she's being nasty to someone who is coming in to take over for her, knowing he just showed up and was thrown into the job without having an idea of the layout or where things are. 

On 8/29/2019 at 7:23 PM, HunterHunted said:

We had a lot of discussion last season about Ben having snacks and appetizers ready to go when those gorgons were screaming abouts nuts. It just seemed like there was much more food and snacks available to guests when Ben was the chef. I remember that fight Ben got into with Kate during the RHoA charter. The ladies afternoon snacks were served kind of late and were substantial enough that the ladies wanted to skip dinner. 

This is one of those things that I have never quite understood with some of the chefs.  Ben does tend to have pre-emptive food out.  Other chefs seem to be at a loss when guests want food NOW, and it's kind of strange to me.  It seems like you'd have some stuff on hand to offer snacks mid-morning, mid-afternoon and perhaps late-night, just so that you ward off any possible issues.  It wouldn't be difficult to have the preparations for a veggie/fruit platter, cheese/charcuterie board on hand.  Having some cookie dough already portioned that could be thrown into the oven, stuff for nachos, and maybe a few other options that would be quick and easy but could buy time if needed, or hold over a guest who got up earlier than the others, etc.  And it would help with the guests who came to the table early for dinner and are starving but are still waiting on a few more to arrive.  Throw out a quick charcuterie board for them to munch on while in the salon.  

On 8/29/2019 at 11:40 PM, biakbiak said:

Anastasia talked a lot of smack in her interviews but when actually in the galley she was super helpful. When she said your here so I don’t have to taste it, we didn’t see what they were talking about tasting and given that she is a vegan who was only tasting a lot of the food for seasoning and than spitting it out I can totally see why she wouldn’t do that when she wasn’t required to do it for the food to be properly seasoned.

It appeared to be the olive mixture that he wanted her to taste (tapenade?).  He was tossing things into the food processor (or having her do it, I forget which), olives, the parsley, garlic, etc, and then he asked her to taste it and she told him she didn't have to.  Unless he'd thrown something in there that wasn't mentioned, there was nothing that she couldn't eat, and she could have just said "I'm vegan" if there was, not "I don't have to" 

• Love 4
46 minutes ago, smores said:

This was also the one where the piece of the stateroom was damaged, wasn't it? 

No the damaged state room was season 3, the Kat/Ben hookup in the stateroom was in season 2. 

• Love 1

Unless he'd thrown something in there that wasn't mentioned, there was nothing that she couldn't eat,

There were anchovies so yes there was something she didn't wanna eat, as a vegan, but sure she admitted the whole experience was anxiety inducing and being back in the galley to be reminded of all the ways she failed made her snippy. Anyway he didn't seem to give a shit, much like the guests loved the fucking airline chicken. Neither was a problem for anyone actually on the boat. 

• Love 1

It has always struck me as odd that they don't use the full circumference of the table. Maybe there's not enough room to comfortably walk by the side closest to the camera in this picture, but it seems odd. Maybe it's as simple as needing to not have the camera looking at the back of one guest's head. 

Screen Shot 2019-09-25 at 11.58.07 AM.png

• Love 1