Type keyword(s) to search

S14.E04: Breakdown In Beverly Hills

• Start Topic

8 minutes ago, Quita said:

I'm pretty sure Emily's hair, along with the rest of the cast, is mostly extensions. 

She makes me realize that, in comparison to her, I've made some excellent life choices, so there's that.

And she will be groveling to Shannon as well:)

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, goofygirl said:

So... My question is: DID SHANE PASS THAT FREAKING BAR EXAM?????  Because the guy has been studying for months now, out of his house. At the library. At Mom's house. IN A FREAKING HOTEL FOR 10 BLOODY DAYS!!   Really? Seriously? Is he a MORON? Or is Emily?

Bar exams are very hard, and I can't even imagine how much more pressure it is trying to take it a third time, so I can cut Shane some slack on the studying away from home thing. BUT his general attitude towards his wife and children while doing this is so poor, as if he blames THEM for his situation, bothers me a lot.

• Love 16

So Shane has gone 10 days without checking in and seeing how his KIDS are doing? And Emily, this is the man you wanted to have yet another baby with last year?? Good lord. Dysfunctional family dynamics to say the least.

On 8/26/2019 at 11:17 AM, Aim123 said:

I live in L.A. and the older Persian women dress as such--might be a cultural thing? Here is my take: Shane is gay. Very gay. His mother wanted him to marry/have kids, and he did, to please his crazy-ass mother. So now, he has dumped his wife off on his mother like, "here, you wanted this, here you go." All parties are moving forward without him.

Shane is clearly very off. Way off. But if he was gay, why go through the charade of marrying one woman, having kids, divorcing her—then doing it all over again? Seems like a lot of work. 

46 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

Gina wears a size 26 in pants? I wear a size 26 and am under 5’ and 90 lbs. Do I need to consider losing weight? She just made me feel fat. OR does LA downsize their clothes so the people buying them feel better? 

I’m confused. Why would Gina wearing a size 26 make you feel fat? She’s a very slim woman (and I’m sure even slimmer in person). 

• Love 24
55 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

Gina wears a size 26 in pants? I wear a size 26 and am under 5’ and 90 lbs. Do I need to consider losing weight? She just made me feel fat. OR does LA downsize their clothes so the people buying them feel better? 

Is this for real? In what world, even in LA (where I live) is Gina fat?

• LOL 1
  • Love 20
16 minutes ago, Quita said:

I'm pretty sure Emily's hair, along with the rest of the cast, is mostly extensions. 

She makes me realize that, in comparison to her, I've made some excellent life choices, so there's that.

Isn't that why we watch these women, to make us feel good about ourselves?  I know I do!

• LOL 4
  • Love 7
10 minutes ago, Duke2801 said:

So Shane has gone 10 days without checking in and seeing how his KIDS are doing? And Emily, this is the man you wanted to have yet another baby with last year?? Good lord. Dysfunctional family dynamics to say the least.

Shane is clearly very off. Way off. But if he was gay, why go through the charade of marrying one woman, having kids, divorcing her—then doing it all over again? Seems like a lot of work. 

I’m confused. Why would Gina wearing a size 26 make you feel fat? She’s a very slim woman (and I’m sure even slimmer in person). 

Is there a different size/category of clothes?  

Because, I wear 24 in jeans and the size of Lydia. 

Gina is a big boned tall girl.

How come she looks like a different person in the talking-head?  Is that a wig she is wearing?

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
7 minutes ago, Dance4Life said:

Is there a different size/category of clothes?  

Because, I wear 24 in jeans and the size of Lydia. 

Gina is a big boned tall girl.

How come she looks like a different person in the talking-head?  Is that a wig she is wearing?

What constitutes her being “big boned”? 

She has her hair bleached in her TH.

• Love 3
48 minutes ago, goofygirl said:

So... My question is: DID SHANE PASS THAT FREAKING BAR EXAM?????  Because the guy has been studying for months now, out of his house. At the library. At Mom's house. IN A FREAKING HOTEL FOR 10 BLOODY DAYS!!   Really? Seriously? Is he a MORON? Or is Emily?

And the whole train business.... Did I get this right? Kelly called Vicky FAT and that she looked like a Pig.  That's mean. But.... Vicky slams back at Kelly with she's a COKEHEAD and does some weird sexual shit with 8 guys???

Jeebus.

From what I've read on other forums, Shane DID NOT pass the Bar.  He is, however, still an a-hole.  Always and forever.

• LOL 5
  • Love 17
13 minutes ago, Duke2801 said:

What constitutes her being “big boned”? 

She has her hair bleached in her TH.

Your bones are big but you are not necessarily  fat.  Your weight is distributed more or less evenly. Your stomach is flat.

Emily is built like this, too.  She looked good in her exercise clothes because she has a flat stomach. She can probably benefit from breast reduction, though. Giving her a matronly heavy look.

Big bones also show up on your face.  Emily,  Vicky, Gina, Shannon all have big faces.

I brought this up the other episode with Shannon’s  girls.  The older girl is big boned.  The twins are petite.

For me the housewife with the best body is Melissa Gorga.  Though, Cynthia is the most beautiful. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Keywestclubkid said:

I don’t think you empower people with negative thoughts. How the hell did tamra not burst into flames saying that?

When she said that, I actually yelled at my TV "Are you f...ing kidding me?!"

Of all people to say that....

• LOL 4
  • Love 8
12 minutes ago, Shannah Banana said:

In my travels this is what I found on this disgusting subject.

A train is when a consenting female has dudes lined up, and they go one after the other.  A gang bang is when the female is messed up out of her mind, and a bunch of guys take advantage of it, and go one right after the other, which is rape.

A threesome is just a boring old threesome and MAYBE what Kelli did.  Maybe.  Allegedly. 

Well....then it was an eight-some.   And, Kelly is what they call ...insatiable. 

I doubt it was consensual. It is obvious Kelly has a drug and drinking problem.  

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Bronzedog said:

So, do we think Kelly was Amtraked or not?

No lawyer...so, yea! 

Even the lawyer is talking about it.

Freakin Emily even initiated the train convo in BH.

Gina is back to drinking?

Wasn’t she avoiding drinking last episode?

• Love 2

Other than Emily, I wouldn’t be surprised to hear that any of these women had, at some time, had a train run on them.  

They all drink and party a lot, even now, and, probably more importantly, they all have shown to have terrible taste in men, keeping company with creepy, sleazy, manipulators.  Between being drunk, high and/or coerced, yeah, it’s not that shocking.

Gina has drunk in every episode.  Sometimes she orders something NA, but it’s jumped out at me that she drinks in every episode.  Just for the optics, I’d think she’d refrain from drinking on camera, especially when she is driving.

Edited by ninjago
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Bronzedog said:

From what I've read on other forums, Shane DID NOT pass the Bar.  He is, however, still an a-hole.  Always and forever.

The Bar exam is no joke.  JFK junior failed it twice before passing on his third try.  I really feel for Emily if Shane failed a third time.  I bet he's a triple douche now.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, Bronzedog said:

So, do we think Kelly was Amtraked or not?

I don't know, and I don't really care. It's her personal business. 

21 minutes ago, swankie said:

The Bar exam is no joke.  JFK junior failed it twice before passing on his third try.  I really feel for Emily if Shane failed a third time.  I bet he's a triple douche now.  

True. A lot of people don't pass the bar on their first try and some on their second. But I just don't buy that Shane has to spend all his time studying for the bar, especially away from home. Since he's taken the test, he should already be familiar with it and just be able to concentrate on the parts that he didn't pass.

• Love 13
2 hours ago, Dance4Life said:

Your bones are big but you are not necessarily  fat.  Your weight is distributed more or less evenly. Your stomach is flat.

Emily is built like this, too.  She looked good in her exercise clothes because she has a flat stomach. She can probably benefit from breast reduction, though. Giving her a matronly heavy look.

Big bones also show up on your face.  Emily,  Vicky, Gina, Shannon all have big faces.

I brought this up the other episode with Shannon’s  girls.  The older girl is big boned.  The twins are petite.

For me the housewife with the best body is Melissa Gorga.  Though, Cynthia is the most beautiful. 

I agree with this post. I never understood why people say Emily is fat. She's just big boned to me, and the fact that she's tall gives her an advantage. If she was Tamra's height, she would look a lot heavier because shorter people tend not to carry extra weight well.

On 8/25/2019 at 1:44 AM, AntAnn said:

I was starting to like Emily this season, but not into watching her dance for her man who doesn’t care. 

Exactly. I feel sorry for her desperately trying to get attention from a man who is just not that into her. I loved when Kelly said Shane is not a "man's man." Truer words never spoken.

• Love 7
On 8/26/2019 at 11:17 AM, Aim123 said:

I live in L.A. and the older Persian women dress as such--might be a cultural thing? Here is my take: Shane is gay. Very gay. His mother wanted him to marry/have kids, and he did, to please his crazy-ass mother. So now, he has dumped his wife off on his mother like, "here, you wanted this, here you go." All parties are moving forward without him.

I'll admit that I've had my doubts about Shane being straight because he doesn't seem like he's even remotely attracted to Emily, but I wonder why would Emily agree to marry a man who is gay and have children with him? She's attractive woman who is educated and is an attorney. Surely, she could have found another man to marry her aside from Shane.

• Love 5
43 minutes ago, swankie said:

My immigrant dad was not only proud of me for passing the NY Bar, he was particularly pleased that I passed it on the first try, besting a president’s son.

Shane has no excuse for being radio silent for ten days.

Emily is going to implode/explode from the stress of trying to maintain normalcy when her home life has gone to hell.

• Love 11
On 8/28/2019 at 12:38 AM, DivaLasVegas82 said:

I'll admit that I've had my doubts about Shane being straight because he doesn't seem like he's even remotely attracted to Emily, but I wonder why would Emily agree to marry a man who is gay and have children with him? She's attractive woman who is educated and is an attorney. Surely, she could have found another man to marry her aside from Shane.

I agree, but there are perks to Shane.  He's buttoned-up which I think Emily appreciates, and his family is wealthy.  If nothing else, Shane brings a bit of order and dough.

I don't think Shane is gay.  If anything, I think he has short-stature syndrome.  He plays tough because he is overcompensating for his height and probably other things.

I do have a few beefs with Emily.  It takes two to tango in all things, and she seems a bit needy in general and exhausting to be with.

I also don't like that she put on camera Shane's failed attempts at passing the bar.  She is doing him no favors with blurting that out to the world.

Edited by Jextella
  • Love 14
3 hours ago, breezy424 said:

I don't have a prblem with Braun giving Kelly a heads up about the train.  Kelly deserved to know especially since the scene was filmed and there was no doubt that this would make it on air.

I don't either.  That stuff was bad and Kelly deserved to know.  Then at the luncheon side discussion after the call with Jolie, when Shannon comes over Kelly says she questions Shannon's friendship by NOT telling her

• Love 10
3 hours ago, islandgal140 said:

Based on this episode, I am gonna assume that Jesus broke up with Tamra and she is back to being Satan's power bottom. Or maybe she is having  a train run on her by Satan and 7 of hell's most notorious demons. 

I couldn't believe her statement that "lashing out is NORMAL."

I came up with some alternatives she might have been aware of:

-Turn the other cheek
-Love your enemies
-If possible, so far as it depends on you, be at peace with everyone.

• Love 14

Loved the shot of Villa Blanca... I’m a tiny bit surprised that they decided not to go there. 

“Why is [Emily] so quick to fight!?!?” Tamra was full of it amazing sayings tonight. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 10

Near the beginning when Shannon was at Tamra's house....Shannon looked bad w/o makeup.

Then on the emotional front, at BH when Shannon was demanding an apology (or stating that Emily should have said/done such n such the day of the tweet), I say it shows Shannon's attachment to feeling worthless and powerless.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, CrinkleCutCat said:

Emily is a very unhappy woman 😔

I’d be unhappy too if I was married to that  little weasel Shane. Why she ever entered into that marriage in the first place is truly mind-boggling. I highly doubt he was some charismatic and sweet charmer before they were hitched. 

Edited by Duke2801
  • Love 22
1 hour ago, Duke2801 said:

I’d be unhappy too if I was married to that  little weasel Shane. Why she ever entered into that mairriage in the first place is truly mind-boggling. I highly doubt he was some charismatic and sweet charmer before they were hitched. 

I agree... I just can’t understand why she married him. I think all her unhappiness is bubbling over now after many years of trying to squash it down. She sold her true self for the sake of the life she wanted (I presume) which was that of wife and mother, without realising you really do need to be true to yourself, and part of that is being in a relationship with someone you love/respect who also loves and respects you. Shane is making it very hard for her to ignore that she bought the dream at the expense of her happiness (although I don’t doubt she loves being a mother, sometimes that isn’t enough)

• Love 14
7 hours ago, islandgal140 said:

Based on this episode, I am gonna assume that Jesus broke up with Tamra and she is back to being Satan's power bottom. Or maybe she is having  a train run on her by Satan and 7 of hell's most notorious demons. 

Yep, Jesus said I can't with this bitch!

"Satan's power bottom" 😂😂😂

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Duke2801 said:

I’d be unhappy too if I was married to that  little weasel Shane. Why she ever entered into that mairriage in the first place is truly mind-boggling. I highly doubt he was some charismatic and sweet charmer before they were hitched. 

I have a feeling they each had very different expectations of what their marriage would be like. I think Emily wanted a happy, romantic, fun marriage to an involved husband and father. Shane just wanted to marry to his best friend, no extra effort, or behavior changes necessary.

Oh, and Emily wanted to have fun with Shane's mother and sister, while enjoying the lifestyle being related to them affords.

Edited by SweetieDarling
  • LOL 1
  • Love 11
On 8/26/2019 at 1:00 PM, KungFuBunny said:

I wonder if the event planning is a family business or partnership between (Emily and her sister-in-law)

Yup. http://twopartyplanners.com

9 hours ago, Quita said:

When she turned her head over dancing, it sure looked like there were those glued in tracks of extensions.

8 hours ago, Pickles said:

What kind of people does Vicki know, who have detailed info about Kelli and a train?? It is horrifying and disturbing. 

Ten to one, if there really is a source that isn't Vicki's imagination or Michael Dodd, it is Brooks or Brooks-related.  She has a knack for hanging out with unsavory people and he probably expanded her rolodex of such characters. 

This season is just so damn dark.  Even in the worst seasons, there's usually some levity early on, like Tamra busting her foot in Mexico last year.  Even BH last season had a touch of levity (even if that largely surrounded grocery shopping involving either (a) an absurdly small car or (b)  buying $700 worth of food for one night for women who don't eat).  But so far, there's nothing fun here aside from some ep 1 Kelly malaprops, which were totally unintentional and don't really count.  Worse yet, aside from the rumor about Kelly, all the darkness is divorce  stuff we've seen so. many. times.  And worse even further, I do not care about these divorces.  We never met Matt, and the way Gina acted from the jump, it was apparent that he was screwing around on her.  Emily introduced her marriage as one of convenience, wrapped up in an "aww, aren't we cute?" story about engagement via Gchat.  And then we all met Shane, Ryan's doppelganger with cheap bridgework.  I can't care about their marriage.  The only way that story will get interesting is if she, Pary, and Shireen get together to bump him off and it ends up on Dateline.  

I say scrap this season and just do a "Behind the Music" style docuseries on Cherry Bomb.  I wanna know more and hear some of that music.

Edited by Lizzing
Typos
  • LOL 4
  • Love 5
7 hours ago, swankie said:

About this train mess.  It's just so junior high school.  I remember it's the kind of rumor you would start about a girl who stole your boyfriend or something.  I can't believe these middle aged women are going there.  I guess this was the best Vicki could come up with to get back at Kelly for calling her a pig.  I'm surprised she didn't spread that Kelly had cooties.  Same mentality.  smdh

Omg, you are right. I think the last time I heard that phrase was in middle school,( back then we called it Jr. High). I'm almost 46 yrs old so it was a while ago. I was shocked to hear them saying "she had a train pulled on her"  I was like what the wha? Am I 15?

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Kiki777 said:

I usually like Shannon, but wanted to slap her tonight.  Grumbling about not going an hour without drama??  Bitch, every episode of the last 2 seasons was The Sadness of Shannon telenovela!

Thank you!!!! I was like did she fall and hit her head and forget all the crap she has cried about and she is gonna have the nerve to bitch about crying? Roll the tape..... Shannon is not coming across cute at all already this season she lost the weight and gained a huge chip on her shoulder … 

• Love 19
8 hours ago, ninjago said:

Other than Emily, I wouldn’t be surprised to hear that any of these women had, at some time, had a train run on them.  

They all drink and party a lot, even now, and, probably more importantly, they all have shown to have terrible taste in men, keeping company with creepy, sleazy, manipulators.  Between being drunk, high and/or coerced, yeah, it’s not that shocking.

Gina has drunk in every episode.  Sometimes she orders something NA, but it’s jumped out at me that she drinks in every episode.  Just for the optics, I’d think she’d refrain from drinking on camera, especially when she is driving.

Didn't Gina say her license was taken away for 12 months?  I don't think she is driving. 

• Love 3