Type keyword(s) to search

S15.E08: Week 8: Amsterdam

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, JenE4 said:

At first I thought Hannah said she had sex with a windmill, but that sounds pretty dangerous and quite painful.

Watch for the play opening this fall on Broadway, "Hannah, Woman of LaMancha."

• LOL 8
  • Love 2
(edited)
40 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Then don't go on the show?  Nobody is forced to sign up.

Unpopular Opinion.  Luke thought he and Hannah shared the same beliefs.  I don’t think it’s crazy for him to expect she wouldn’t sleep with any during FS.  They clearly talked about religion a lot and it appears to be a large part of their connection.

I’ll say this.  I’m a Christian. Yes, I sin but then I repent. It’s weird to me if Hannah went on an on about her faith and how important it is to her, the love of Jesus etc., but in the same breath boasted about her FS activities.  It’s weird to boast about sinning, at the same time you are boldly claiming to be a Christian.  If I go steal from someone, I’m not going to say when I’m caught, “it’s okay because Jesus still loves me!”  Even though I believe that’s true.  If you’re a Christian, the reaction is supposed to be something like: Lord, I’m sorry for robbing this man. Forgive me.  I’ll work to be better etc.  JMO.  

Edited by dirtypop90
  • Love 24

ETA: At first I thought Hannah said she had sex with a windmill, but that sounds pretty dangerous and quite painful.

Yes, me too! I even hit the 30 second rewind button because I for sure thought she said she f*cked a windmill!

So I stand by my feeling from last week that Peter has been the secret frontrunner this whole time. Their little conversation when she sent him off from the group date was just a notch above how she interacts with the other guys. I think she's pretty into Jed, too, but I seriously think Peter is going to "win" this thing.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, nutty1 said:

I am still Team Tyler (not sure why all of a sudden people are turned off by him) and Team Peter. 

I’m team Tyler, but like, in life.  I’m not team Tyler on this show; I don’t want Hannah to pick him.

• Love 17
Just now, RealHousewife said:

I like the idea of being with a gentleman (for Luke, a lady), and I most definitely would not want to marry someone who’s sleeping with different people right before I’m about to marry them. 

But I'm willing to bet that means you wouldn't be signing up for The Bachelor anytime soon. 

This season is at this point a full on dumpster fire. Hannah's falling hard for an annoying narcissistic tool allowed for his presence to eat her season because she wouldn't eliminate him. I don't buy some who want to think this was the producers. Luke is still there because Hannah wanted him there. 

Girl has shit taste in men and so she gravitated towards a possessive arrogant tool and a guy who was really just there for his career. And she fully bought into everything they were both selling her and fell hardcore for them both. And so we have Luke's presence eating the show and she's bitching about the guys not knowing her when she's canceled multiple cocktail parties in a hissy fit because the guys were making it clear they were sick of Luke. She says she's tired of drama but engages with Luke's whiny tattle taling of "Jed was mean to me and I expect that from Tyler who is also so mean to me but Jed too and they're just so mean".

And she goes, "why are they so mean to him" and let guy and after guy go who she never bothered to try to get to know because she's too busy putting out fires and making excuses for why keeping Luke makes sense despite every guy disliking him and she herself seeing his shitty qualities. I know some think Rachel is a bit too judgmental but she's proving to be very right when she said after Hannah was announced as The Bachelorette that Hannah was too immature to be the lead. This season is a complete mess at this point. 

We have a Final 2 (not a spoiler. Just basing this off of who Hannah is clearly into) of a potential emotional abuser and the can't sing for shit "country singer" trying to plug his non-existent career. Joy

• Love 15
3 hours ago, Meowwww said:

ETA, as a lifelong horse person, I simultaneously drooled over the Friesian horses while watching in dread as the two non-riders tried to navigate on the pavement... without riding helmets.

Oh yeah I was seriously cringing! Those horses were so beautiful, but I cant believe that they didnt wear helmets! Two clear novices on pavement with no helmets!? Yeah the trainers were certainly right there and it was certainly a controlled environment, but still! And why why Hannah getting annoyed with Tyler because he cant ride a horse? Does she think that most people know how to ride horses, because unless you live in the country or a place with a big equestrian culture, I dont its that common for everyone to be expert riders. 

I think that Hannah clearly has a very narrow view of what a man is supposed to be like, and he dosent match that intensely stereotypical and specific view (loves sports, aggressive and even violent, never shows reaction to pain, possessive of his woman, can do anything outdoorsy) she gets tired of them for their "weakness" or whatever. No wonder she loves Luke so much, he does match that pretty perfectly. I mean, he introduced himself jumping on a car and growling like a deranged bear or something, and he has been aggressive, probe to violence in sports, angry, possessive, she might not want to admit it in so many words, but thats seems to be her type. 

Its that or she is super into his born again Christian thing, and if faith bonds them together, than that fine, but...then she had to know what all that could entail, especially considering what else Luke has done and said. He has always been possessive of her and after the whole "you cheated on me a woman's body is a temple for her husband" conversation, him telling her that he has no interest in her if she had sex cant be that much of a surprise. He has been exactly himself the whole time, but either she choose to ignore it, and in the previews it either finally sinks in, or it gets to the point where she cant spin this as her trying to "change" him or that all the other guys are mean to him because they're jealous, and she knows that it looks bad on her that she is keeping him around. Even she has to know that her perfect dream guy slut shaming her on national TV wont really make her a reality hero to be admired by women everyone if she keeps him around. 

I mean, if Hannah wants a Christian guy, dont go on The Bachelor, get a Christina mingle account! There are certainly better guys out there that she can bond with over their faith than a domestic violence call waiting to happen.

• Love 12
5 minutes ago, NoWhammies said:

Oh Tyler. For seven weeks, I thought I couldn't quit you. But I'm sorry. "Nip it in the butt" is a deal breaker for me. I'll miss the time we had together.

Worse, I think he said, "Snip it in the butt."

Garrett made hate him more than I hate Luke.  Luke -- I just want to punch.  Garrett-- I want to step on his head and mash his smirky face into the ground.

I think the bleeped out part was Hannah saying she effed (NAME) in the windmill.  That has to be very hard to hear, even when one knows with whom Hannah did the deed, that she crowed the name.  It is unfeeling and disrespectful.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
10 minutes ago, truthaboutluv said:

Is this a case of people putting someone on an unrealistic pedestal and so his turning out to be normal and human has turned them off?

In my case, it was discovering he doesn't have anything inside his head besides some sawdust and moths buzzing around. Pretty only goes so far when there are good-looking guys out there who are actually smart as well. Every once in a while one appears on this show. (Not often though, I must say.)

"Tyler and I's relationship is over on this show!"

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, truthaboutluv said:

But I'm willing to bet that means you wouldn't be signing up for The Bachelor anytime soon. 

This season is at this point a full on dumpster fire. Hannah's falling hard for an annoying narcissistic tool allowed for his presence to eat her season because she wouldn't eliminate him. I don't buy some who want to think this was the producers. Luke is still there because Hannah wanted him there. 

Girl has shit taste in men and so she gravitated towards a possessive arrogant tool and a guy who was really just there for his career. And she fully bought into everything they were both selling her and fell hardcore for them both. And so we have Luke's presence eating the show and she's bitching about the guys not knowing her when she's canceled multiple cocktail parties in a hissy fit because the guys were making it clear they were sick of Luke. She says she's tired of drama but engages with Luke's whiny tattle taling of "Jed was mean to me and I expect that from Tyler who is also so mean to me but Jed too and they're just so mean".

And she goes, "why are they so mean to him" and let guy and after guy go who she never bothered to try to get to know because she's too busy putting out fires and making excuses for why keeping Luke makes sense despite every guy disliking him and she herself seeing his shitty qualities. I know some think Rachel is a bit too judgmental but she's proving to be very right when she said after Hannah was announced as The Bachelorette that Hannah was too immature to be the lead. This season is a complete mess at this point. 

We have a Final 2 (not a spoiler. Just basing this off of who Hannah is clearly into) of a potential emotional abuser and the can't sing for shit "country singer" trying to plug his non-existent career. Joy

I absolutely would not sign up! Lol and agree with your post. Hannah didn’t have the maturity for the show imo. She is very young. Maybe she should have fun dating different men, messing around, and get married when she’s serious later on. I think she’s pretty but don’t find her particularly charming or likable. That said, I don’t think she deserves being with a complete phony or potential abuser. I hope she develops a better picker before she gets married. 

• Love 3

I did catch the editors showing a close up of the salami on the tray, a pile of it all dried out, ancient and shriveled. The next scene was Garrett picking up a pile of salami, inspecting it, shrugging like, "Oh, okay," and chowing it all down.

Chad would have been proud that Garrett got his edit.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
(edited)
11 minutes ago, truthaboutluv said:

career. And she fully bought into everything they were both selling her and fell hardcore for them both. And so we have Luke's presence eating the show and she's bitching about the guys not knowing her when she's canceled multiple cocktail parties in a hissy fit because the guys were making it clear they were sick of Luke. She says she's tired of drama but engages with Luke's whiny

When she was grilling Tyler about why he was so frustrated in Riga it was SO obvious the reason was Luke and her keeping him around, but he didn’t want to say it.  Idk maybe because he didn’t want to piss her off or hurt her feelings.  But I was blown that she was sitting there pretending like she needed more information to understanding why he was frustrated.  

9 minutes ago, tennisgurl said:

Its that or she is super into his born again Christian thing, and if faith bonds them together, than that fine, but...then she had to know what all that could entail, especially considering what else Luke has done and said. He has always been possessive of her and after the whole "you cheated on me a woman's body is a temple for her husband" conversation, him telling her that he has no interest in her if she had sex cant be that much of a surprise. He has been exactly himself the whole time, but either she choose to ignore it, and in the previews it either finally sinks in, or it gets to the point where she cant spin this as her trying to "change" him or that all the other guys are mean to him because they're jealous, and she knows that it looks bad on her that she is keeping him around. Even

Yes. Yes. Yes.  I just can’t be mad at Luke.  He hasn’t changed.  He has been himself the whole time.  The man told her he was a born again Christian and she gets upset he has a problem with her boning multiple guys.  It just doesn’t make sense.  OF COURSE he has a problem with it. Maybe it’s just editing but Hannah just comes off as dumb.

Edited by dirtypop90
  • Love 13
Just now, truthaboutluv said:

I can't imagine a guy who decided to go get an MBA after his football dreams ended, was in Debate in college, attended two very good universities, is completely dumb. I didn't see the date as I keep saying but I haven't seen anything from Tyler that suggests he's completely dumb. I actually think the way he's cut Luke down to size multiple times with snark and unbothered chill suggests someone who's anything but dumb. 

I don’t think he’s dumb at all.  But I also fall him on sm.  He gets nervous around Hannah and she was grilling him like he had done something wrong.  

• Love 4

Hannah reminds me of roommates I had in my early 20's. Raised Christian and taught premarital sex is a sin but wants to bone, Taught that a "real man" is aggressive and controlling but wants to be in a relationship with a guy who's more chill. Some people in their early to mid 20's don't know themselves well enough to be in serious relationships yet. She hasn't worked out who she's going to be but is still the person her parents and small town projected onto her. Most people work this out in private or semi private. It's pretty cringy. That windmill quote is going to have a really long shelf life and future Hannah probably won't love that.

• Love 14
(edited)
9 minutes ago, SnarkEnthusiast said:

Regardless of what you think of Hannah, "I fucked in a windmill" has to be up there in terms of iconic Bachelor franchise quotes.

It certainly knocked "roll tide" out of contention!

Edited by eyelash
  • LOL 13
  • Love 3
Just now, SnarkEnthusiast said:

Regardless of what you think of Hannah, "I fucked in a windmill" has to be up there in terms of iconic Bachelor franchise quotes.

Very true. 

15 minutes ago, dirtypop90 said:

Unpopular Opinion.  Luke thought he and Hannah shared the same beliefs.  I don’t think it’s crazy for him to expect she wouldn’t sleep with any during FS.  They clearly talked about religion a lot and it appears to be a large part of their connection.

They may have shared similar beliefs but unless she communicated that sex was something she would only share with a husband, then he still chose to make an assumption about her and judge her off that assumption. Because it's not like Hannah proclaimed to be a virgin a la Colton. 

If that were the case then yeah, I could absolutely understand why Luke would just assume nothing would happen in the Fantasy Suites. But the fact is Hannah admitted to not being a virgin to Colton during his season. So Luke who claim to be so in love with her from just watching Colton's season, should have known she wasn't one. 

And she never proclaimed to be a born-again one a la Sean Lowe. So again, unless Hannah communicated that she would from that point forward, sex would only be between her and husband, Luke's assumptions were on him. And not for nothing but if it was something he was so passionate in his feelings about, that conversation should have happened before FS. When she visits him in his HTD, knowing the next step would be F3, he should have communicated his feelings then. 

But he waits when she's apparently already had her FS dates with others to say, "so uh yeah if you slept with any of them in the FS, I can't accept that and be okay with that". Well okay then, so she showed him the door. 

And as for her boasting about sinning. I took Hannah's comment as her rejecting Luke's likely using their faith and religion to shame her some more, much as he did when she went naked bungee jumping with Garrett. Which again is why her ass should have eliminated him a long time ago. I think her "and Jesus still loves me" was to say that the God she chooses to believe in doesn't judge her and banish her for not being a perfect Saint.

Her God accepts that she may not be perfect but still loves her. And I'm sorry, I go back to my feeling on people choosing to come on this show and throwing around faith and values to judge the lead or anyone else's actions. Like I've said, this whole show is icky, weird and creepy as fuck. It has always been.

I'm a Christian. I didn't wait before marriage for sex but I can tell you the number of partners have been very, very low because yes, that level of intimacy is important and special to me. So no, I'm not going on the Bachelor to make out with some guy I barely know who's making out with tons of other people and then to turn around judge him for maybe having sex with multiple people, knowing what show I signed up for. 

• Love 11
(edited)

^ In this case, we have a lead who has chosen to throw around her religion and values but takes issue when people take them at face value. She damn near apologized to Colton for not being a virgin. I don’t think Luke’s expectations were crazy based on how Hannah has presented herself, keeping in my mind he hasn’t seen how sexual she’s been with the other men on this show.  He only knew about the naked bungee jumping date and he told her his feelings about it, and Hannah exclaimed to all the guys “it wasn’t sexual” as if she wanted to clear up that impression.

I just think Luke has been honest about who he is and what he believes. Hannah has all the power. And continues to give him rose after rose. She could’ve told him she was a very sexual person long ago. Based on the preview, He takes her to church next episode. They’ve clearly talked about religion and beliefs.  She could’ve let him go long ago if she didn’t agree with his beliefs because he didn’t hide them. She’s a special kind of dense if she didn’t think Luke would have a problem with her sleeping with others.  

Edited by dirtypop90
  • Love 17

Yeah that “I fucked in a windmill” line is going to be on tee shirts, I see it now. You know, Hannah is 24 right? A lot of people think she’s keeping him around because she’s young and young people don’t always make great romantic choices, but I’m not that much older than her, and I’m just baffled by her awful choices here. I really feel a bit bad for her sometimes. Lots of people make a few bad romantic choices, but most people don’t have it broadcasted on national television. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
16 hours ago, saber5055 said:

Hoping Luke has one crazy-ass family, with road kill in the basement freezer and a mom that chugs booze right from the bottle and a sister with more tats than Adam Levine. That will be worth putting up with this tedious season.

Ha...…..that would be amazing and might explain his creepy personality.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

Hannah irks me because she wants to have it both ways. She wants the guys completely devoted to her, to not get into any drama, stay in their lane, but she excuses all her own questionable behavior. If the argument is that the guys knew what they were signing up for (which I totally understand to a degree), did Hannah know what she was signing up for? That some of these guys may not be genuine and also not sure about HER? That there are other women they possibly might still be interested in? That just as the guys should “man up,” perhaps she should woman up? That they may have stuff to say about one another, just as she did about a certain beauty queen to Colton? Everything always seems to go back to her own feelings and wants. 

Yeah, it's a weird sort of hypnosis/ delusion that occurs, all of the guys are REQUIRED  to fall in love with her and be ready to propose if they are chosen. She doesnt have to do anything other than look good and make out with everyone. Everything is taken care of for her, she gets to lay back and have the show take over all the details, there no discussion of anything except how much they like her. 

• Love 8
2 hours ago, truthaboutluv said:

I can't imagine a guy who decided to go get an MBA after his football dreams ended, was in Debate in college, attended two very good universities, is completely dumb. I

We don't know that from watching the show. The PTB are giving him the Vacuous and Dumb edit.

As someone else posted, the preview of the car driving away could be Luke in there or it could be CH. This show likes to dangle the carrot in front of our noses, then pull it away. What we DO see, however, is a blurred hand so we ASS-ume Hannah is giving someone the bird. So I guess since Jesus is alright with Hannah f*cking multiple people, he's good with her doing obscene hand gestures too.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
13 minutes ago, tinkerbell said:

Yeah, it's a weird sort of hypnosis/ delusion that occurs, all of the guys are REQUIRED  to fall in love with her and be ready to propose if they are chosen. She doesnt have to do anything other than look good and make out with everyone. Everything is taken care of for her, she gets to lay back and have the show take over all the details, there no discussion of anything except how much they like her. 

I’d like to add that the competitive juices start flowing and they want to “win the prize”.  

Also, there is no tv, phones or internet.  All they have to focus on is the lead.... and the other contestants they are stuck in close proximity with. 

• Love 4
3 hours ago, dirtypop90 said:

When she was grilling Tyler about why he was so frustrated in Riga it was SO obvious the reason was Luke and her keeping him around, but he didn’t want to say it.  Idk maybe because he didn’t want to piss her off or hurt her feelings.  But I was blown that she was sitting there pretending like she needed more information to understanding why he was frustrated.  

I got the sense that the part she was grilling him for wasn't who the cause of his frustration was, but rather what the cause was, and she wanted the cause to be "I am falling in love with you so it was hard when ...." Girlfriend was doing everything she could to get him to say it, but he wouldn't, and I think that's why she may have fallen off the Tyler train.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
4 hours ago, LuvMyShows said:

Clearly coming into this, she had very fixed ideas about what she wanted in a man.  But many of us have/had hoped that her exposure to different types of men that her usual, would cause her to question what she really needed as opposed to what she thought she wanted.  Yeah, no.

Well said. I try not to get my hopes up but I do. I know she's not representative of all young women but her journey has been disappointing. 

58 minutes ago, LuvMyShows said:

I got the sense that the part she was grilling him for wasn't who the cause of his frustration was, but rather what the cause was, and she wanted the cause to be "I am falling in love with you so it was hard when ...." Girlfriend was doing everything she could to get him to say it, but he wouldn't, and I think that's why she may have fallen off the Tyler train.

Well that means she still think the guys are jealous of Luke.  She doesn't get the Luke situation would be hard, even if Tyler wasn't falling in love.  Luke prevented her from even getting to know the guys her season.  Tyler mention all the cancelled cocktails parties.  I think the true answer was he was frustrated how Luke was ruining the experience, not he was so madly in love and jealous of her connection with Luke. 

Plus, it's a little early for the bachelorette to be pushing guys to say I'm falling in love, no?  She has four in Jed, Luke, Peter, and Garett already in her pocket.   how many more I'm falling in love with yous does she need before hometowns?

• Love 3

This episode was delicious for my wrong reasons viewing side. 😁

Right reasons, not so much.

I watched in literal horror as 2 beautiful  and very well trained Friesens (originating from the Dutch province of Friesland) were mishandled by 2 very green riders. The producers have no idea how lucky they are that no one was hurt ... especially in what appeared to be a busy outdoor market setting. 😵

Usually the horse "dates" in previous seasons have the horses in western tack with a high cantle and pommel for an "encased" seat, complete with the horn to hang on to, atop otherwise blase trail horses that have seen the same path and scenery a million times and could navigate with the rider sitting backwards. Those Friesens were in dressage saddles. I watched those horses respond to leg aids and seat cues correctly (not to mention tolerate rough hands on the bit and bridle) and just wanted to cry. 🤧

I'll be over in the Big Brother live feed thread for a while...I'm just exhausted with this show...but I'll be checking back to verify if that was Santorini in the previews, (which brings back some very nice memories for me personally).  😸

• Love 1
1 hour ago, limecoke said:

Ok, that Luke stare-down over the credits was comedy gold.  Best part of the entire episode.  Thank you edit people.  

53 minutes ago, Thorkim said:

Loved the last few seconds last night when they showed Garrett with the bologna on his eyes.  Laughed my ass off.

Ditto the above. How did Luke keep a straight face? Lol 

• Love 2
44 minutes ago, Pass the Tequila said:

This episode was delicious for my wrong reasons viewing side. 😁

Right reasons, not so much.

I watched in literal horror as 2 beautiful  and very well trained Friesens (originating from the Dutch province of Friesland) were mishandled by 2 very green riders. The producers have no idea how lucky they are that no one was hurt ... especially in what appeared to be a busy outdoor market setting. 😵

Usually the horse "dates" in previous seasons have the horses in western tack with a high cantle and pommel for an "encased" seat, complete with the horn to hang on to, atop otherwise blase trail horses that have seen the same path and scenery a million times and could navigate with the rider sitting backwards. Those Friesens were in dressage saddles. I watched those horses respond to leg aids and seat cues correctly (not to mention tolerate rough hands on the bit and bridle) and just wanted to cry. 🤧

I'll be over in the Big Brother live feed thread for a while...I'm just exhausted with this show...but I'll be checking back to verify if that was Santorini in the previews, (which brings back some very nice memories for me personally).  😸

Yes....and those were not quiet little Quarter Horses in the countryside as seen previously. Those big, sensitive Friesians were “on” and it bothered me too. (Dressage Queen here).  

• Love 3
29 minutes ago, Meowwww said:

Yes....and those were not quiet little Quarter Horses in the countryside as seen previously. Those big, sensitive Friesians were “on” and it bothered me too. (Dressage Queen here).  

What made me mad was TPTB were letting two novices abuse those well-trained and extremely gentle horses. Why not freaking TELL Hannah to let go of the reins and loosen up so the horse will go forward, not stop and back up, which was what she was telling it to do. It was like they wanted that date to be a cluster, and a cluster is what they got. Worst.Date.Ever. In fact, I wouldn't even call it a date. More like a farce that made a fool out of everyone, including TPTB. If I owned one of those horses being used, I would have intervened. Why didn't someone?

It's easy to stay put in a dressage saddle on a Friesian. As for the helmets, if either one of those two morons fell off on their heads, no harm would have been done.

• LOL 3
  • Love 6

Don't feel alone Kiss My Mutt, until now I thought that with certain horn-dog exceptions like Juan Pablo, the lead usually just slept with the Chosen One and hung out and ate snacks with the others.  Otherwise the lead ends up on  After the Final Rose trying to explain why she did fiancee' things with someone other than the winner.

• LOL 2
  • Love 7
(edited)
58 minutes ago, saber5055 said:

Why not freaking TELL Hannah to let go of the reins and loosen up so the horse will go forward, not stop and back up, which was what she was telling it to do.

LOL! I just wrote the above and, rereading it, see Hannah is with horses like she is with these bachelors. She tells the horse to stop and back up, then bitches because the horse stops and backs up. And she just doesn't know how to make it "work."

55 minutes ago, Kiss my mutt said:

So, the “fucking” occurred before the fs? Maybe it was naive of me to think that all the contestants waiting until then. Lol

Oh, that's just one viewer's spec in the People article. They are in the Netherlands, land of windmills. Of course there are windmills in the background. I'll wait to see if the FS are in windmills, THEN I'll be all judgemental about it.

Edited by saber5055
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, Kiss my mutt said:

So, the “fucking” occurred before the fs? Maybe it was naive of me to think that all the contestants waiting until then. Lol

Well, apparently the fantasy suite dates are in Greece and there are windmills in Mykonos so maybe that is what Hannah the horny was talking about.

ETA: I did not see deSchenke's post above mine.

image.png.cd79ddf2c341fb6d00d9324c617f7011.png

Edited by ECM1231
  • Love 4
10 hours ago, nutty1 said:

Personally, that has always bothered me. I just cannot imagine having sex with 1 or 2 different guys, then getting engaged to yet another one within a few days.  Or I cannot imagine being the person (not the lead) who is getting engaged, knowing my future spouse slept with someone within days of our engagement. 

i wlll never forget on that very first bachelor season, shannon who made it to the final 3 without even a kiss was so pissed off about the fantasy suite card"oh alex, do you have a trista and an amanda card" she really challenged him and it was a great moment. but that was way before social media and spin off. its seems every good reality show (think the real world) is into spin offs and fame and thats why people go on.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
(edited)
10 hours ago, nutty1 said:

I am still Team Tyler (not sure why all of a sudden people are turned off by him) and Team Peter. 

He is cute but doesn’t seem that bright to me. I also don’t think he has chemistry with Hannah. 

I was distracted by Luke’s eyebrows. It looks like he’s using a pencil on them! 

Edited by Sweet-tea
  • Love 1
49 minutes ago, Sweet-tea said:

He is cute but doesn’t seem that bright to me. I also don’t think he has chemistry with Hannah. 

I was distracted by Luke’s eyebrows. It looks like he’s using a pencil on them! 

I read that Tyler has an MBA from a good school but I agree he and Hannah don’t work.   Her ‘man up’ when he was having trouble with the fish bothered me, but then again she loves the violent competitions and electric shocking the guys so, to her, a guy that can’t control his gag reflex doesn’t measure up.   I guess love don’t come easy.  

• Love 10

Hannah crying in front of the Rembrandts and Vermeer was breaking my heart, but for the wrong reasons. I didn't at all feel that she related to the art or that she was emotional because she was viewing these priceless, beautiful masterpieces. It was just a scenic backdrop while she conjured up how she would tell Mike "see ya around." Some producer told her "say St. Catherine," so she did. 

Hannah's lack of depth has been conspicuous throughout this whole "journey."  She truly seems to desire a "Me Tarzan, you Jane" kind of man. That's her right, if that's what she really wants. But then she tells them all the time to be raw, be real, etc. and when they are, she has issues with what they say. 

She barely let Tyler speak without interjecting " Why? How? When? Give me details, every detail!" She has to lacerate everyone to gauge how much they "love" her.  At this point Peter is the only one that I see as actually possibly caring about her. Maybe Luke, in his own way, but he's got to grow more in his faith. Jed= please let me get a music career bump from this and Tyler= please let my modeling career take off. I kind of thought Garrett was sincere, but in the end he really seemed to thrive more on his conflict with Luke than sincerely wanting to end up with Hannah.

• Love 10
14 hours ago, dirtypop90 said:

I’ll say this.  I’m a Christian. Yes, I sin but then I repent. It’s weird to me if Hannah went on an on about her faith and how important it is to her, the love of Jesus etc., but in the same breath boasted about her FS activities.  It’s weird to boast about sinning, at the same time you are boldly claiming to be a Christian.  If I go steal from someone, I’m not going to say when I’m caught, “it’s okay because Jesus still loves me!”  Even though I believe that’s true.  If you’re a Christian, the reaction is supposed to be something like: Lord, I’m sorry for robbing this man. Forgive me.  I’ll work to be better etc.  JMO.  

13 hours ago, dirtypop90 said:

^ In this case, we have a lead who has chosen to throw around her religion and values but takes issue when people take them at face value. She damn near apologized to Colton for not being a virgin. I don’t think Luke’s expectations were crazy based on how Hannah has presented herself, keeping in my mind he hasn’t seen how sexual she’s been with the other men on this show.  He only knew about the naked bungee jumping date and he told her his feelings about it, and Hannah exclaimed to all the guys “it wasn’t sexual” as if she wanted to clear up that impression.

I just think Luke has been honest about who he is and what he believes. Hannah has all the power. And continues to give him rose after rose. She could’ve told him she was a very sexual person long ago. Based on the preview, He takes her to church next episode. They’ve clearly talked about religion and beliefs.  She could’ve let him go long ago if she didn’t agree with his beliefs because he didn’t hide them. She’s a special kind of dense if she didn’t think Luke would have a problem with her sleeping with others.  

There are more than 4400 distinct Christian denominations in the US. Assuming that someone else's flavor of Christianity is identical to your own is absurd. That's what we have words for. For example, the church I attended as a teen did not preach against premarital sex, was active in abortion clinic defense, and began performing same sex marriages in the 80s. I am aware there are other churches and Christians who don't believe in those things, nor do they believe in the individual consulting god and reaching a decision like, "premarital sex is ok here because it is caring and loving, and god is a loving god, and consulting god and my conscience, I made a decision." Assuming someone believes the identical things you do just because you're under the same enormous umbrella is ridiculous. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, Arkay said:

I kind of thought Garrett was sincere, but in the end he really seemed to thrive more on his conflict with Luke than sincerely wanting to end up with Hannah

He really did lose the plot at the (unfortunate) end there but he sure did pull off the 'meat sunglasses' look with aplomb!

• Love 5
(edited)
9 hours ago, xtwheeler said:

There are more than 4400 distinct Christian denominations in the US. Assuming that someone else's flavor of Christianity is identical to your own is absurd. That's what we have words for. For example, the church I attended as a teen did not preach against premarital sex, was active in abortion clinic defense, and began performing same sex marriages in the 80s. I am aware there are other churches and Christians who don't believe in those things, nor do they believe in the individual consulting god and reaching a decision like, "premarital sex is ok here because it is caring and loving, and god is a loving god, and consulting god and my conscience, I made a decision." Assuming someone believes the identical things you do just because you're under the same enormous umbrella is ridiculous. 

Sure. Some churches pick and choose what they preach against.  I know.  I’ve been to a lot of them.  Besides people are going to have premarital sex.  But Hannah was the one on Colton’s season who said she wanted to wait until marriage and felt guilty she didn't.  She damn near apologized to Colton for not being virgin.  Not crazy for Luke to believe she felt premarital sex is a sin and she wouldn’t engage in fantasy suites.  

Edited by dirtypop90
typo
  • Love 16
22 hours ago, dirtypop90 said:

Yeah, based on her conversations with Colton, it makes perfect sense that Luke would think he and Hannah are on the exact same page. He's not a virgin, but regrets that he's not and according to Colton's season-era Hannah, she had the same regrets. It's not a leap for him to think that they could get together and wait for marriage even if they aren't technical virgins.

Loved the last few seconds last night when they showed Garrett with the bologna on his eyes.  Laughed my ass off.

Ditto the above. How did Luke keep a straight face? Lol 

There was a smash cut edit in that scene, I don't think Luke was even still in the room when Garret wore the meat glasses. The shots of him staring angrily into space seemed to be all the same shot over and over again.

The entire scene of Luke vs Garrett seemed like even more bad community theater. Luke just doesn't come across like an actual person, his rehearsed lines and stupid bologna stunt are so cringeworthy and fake-seeming.

[Mike] took it extremely well.  It was weird because he spent all season trying to convince us that he was crazy about Hannah.  I have no idea what to think about that guy.  Does anyone watch Seinfeld?  He was kind of a phony baloney.

He did try very hard to be convincing, but it always appeared that you could have plugged literally any woman on earth into that role and his demeanor wasn't going to change an iota. I never saw any personal chemistry between Mike and Hannah, just an affable guy who could probably make a convincing show of liking anyone for the sake of making it far on the show and from her side, he was a nice guy that was fun to hang out with, so she kept him around until it got down to the really serious contenders.

this date I see no chemisry with tyler. darn it. Connor, you and your vocal fry and upspeak, please get off my screen--your voice is unbearable.

LOL. I can't honestly remember Connor's voice at the moment, but it seems that a lot of people noticed it, so it must have been significant. He seems very sweet and a little fragile, he'll make a nice boyfriend for somebody as long as he veers away from the reality tv/Instagram influencer life.

Tyler, OTOH, has my vote as the most likely to take a deep dive into the reality TV "fame" world. I doubt he had any trouble getting girls before, but he's going to be up to his ears now. I don't see Hannah picking him after this episode and I don't see him really giving a shit. He's gotten about all he can get out of this and there's no way he was ready to get married.

now I have to pray that jed is actually feeling real feelings. I did have to laugh when the guys asked if he brought his guitar on this date 🙂

IMO, Jed is absolutely not feeling real feelings. The omnipresent guitar tells me all I need to know about his intentions on this show.

I did laugh when the guys were relieved that he didn't take his guitar on the date. I was relieved too, but for a different reason. I can go several lifetimes before hearing Jed's flat, nasal "singing" again.

If I had to dig up a "Right Reasons" choice for F1, it'd be Peter. He seems sweet and he does appear to be genuinely into her. I liked him a little more this episode because he showed a glimmer of an edge (when talking to Luke), instead of the marshmallow soft, perma-smiley guy.

• Love 11