Type keyword(s) to search

S15.E08: Week 8: Amsterdam

• Start Topic

I adore Pilot Peter, but he does remind me a lot of the Ken doll in Toy Story 3!  

I don’t think Garret gave a rat’s behind that he got clipped. And it was great fun watching him mess with Luke. 

• Love 7

I loved the tulip fields, impressive buildings, amazing art work, and beautiful horses.  So, I guess that at this point I'm watching more for the scenery and background than I am for true love.  Hannah is immature and wants what she wants when she wants it no matter what her parents others tell her the truth about what she wants.  

As soon as Mike comforted her about what she was feeling I knew he was in the friend zone and not long for the show.  I felt Tyler's frustration while horse back riding and the inquisition dinner date.  Hannah went on about how Tyler didn't know how to ride a horse while she herself demonstrated that she did not know how to ride.  I agree with other posters who stated what she wanted the horse to do was opposite of the signals she was sending to the horse.  

I'm a bit saddened that it appears she sends Luke home next week as I think they are perfect for each other.

• Love 9
(edited)
On 7/1/2019 at 9:38 PM, saber5055 said:

Willie Nelson song: "Mamas, don't let your daughters grow up to watch Bachelor(ette)."

"Don't let 'em pick [guys who play] guitars and drive them ol' trucks.

"Let 'em date doctors and lawyers and such."

I think you're onto something!

Edited by adhoc
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1
22 hours ago, xtwheeler said:

There are more than 4400 distinct Christian denominations in the US. Assuming that someone else's flavor of Christianity is identical to your own is absurd. That's what we have words for. For example, the church I attended as a teen did not preach against premarital sex, was active in abortion clinic defense, and began performing same sex marriages in the 80s. I am aware there are other churches and Christians who don't believe in those things, nor do they believe in the individual consulting god and reaching a decision like, "premarital sex is ok here because it is caring and loving, and god is a loving god, and consulting god and my conscience, I made a decision." Assuming someone believes the identical things you do just because you're under the same enormous umbrella is ridiculous. 

Being from the south myself, I can tell you that southern Christianity is almost cultural. A lot of people are of the Baptist variety. I moved to the Midwest which is considered the Bible Belt,( I guess?) and I was surprised by the difference in united Methodist in the Midwest vs some of my UM relatives in the south. The Midwest seemed to have gone by the more liberal practice while the southern UM still lived by a more baptist type standard. I know that seems weird but it’s just my experience. I’m not Christian myself but southern Christians are definitely held to a higher standard and I think Hannah, being the type to fuck a windmill and then announce it to the world, mount every guy she thinks is cute, and naked bungee, is in the minority of Alabama Christians. Luke seems like the evangelical type, not sure where he’s from, but he has every reason to believe that Hannah would not screw every guy she took to the fantasy suites and perhaps save that experience for just one of them. Luke thought he was that one because she has probably told him he is. Then she says, “I fucked blank in the windmill”, giving no thought to his feelings of jealousy that he has already displayed, and then has the nerve to get upset when Luke calls her out on her bs. Hell, I wouldn’t even be that heartless with a guy I DIDN’T like, much less one that I like as much as she obviously likes Luke, considering how many undeserved chances she has given him to change himself completely to fit her needs. Spoiled brat, this one. I don’t understand why Hannah can’t keep her damn mouth shut about her sexual exploits or why she has to mount all the guys on national tv. Some things should be kept private. I think she’s wanting to get public backing for being slut shamed so she can try to go on some kind of anti-slut shaming motivational tour. She can be the Jesus loves sluts spokeswoman. Meanwhile, she has made Luke look like he’s crazy for his beliefs. He is cray IMO, but he’s not alone. Christian men are everywhere and yes, most expect a woman to submit to her husband. To be fair, the nice ones also quote the scripture that says to love your wife as Christ loved the church and died for it, so it’s a give and take. Hannah is all take and no give. Unless it’s that ass. She gives that up freely. And Jesus still loves her. He just doesn't particularly like her.

Don’t shoot the messenger.

• Love 6

I can totally see wanting to proudly tell a slut-shamer like Luke that she fucked in a windmill, but not on national television. This clip will live on into perpetuity, available to her future husband (who, for the record, I don't think is "in this room") and children, prospective employers, people from her church, etc. I know Hannah probably doesn't think beyond the post-show magazine covers and Instagram shilling opportunities, but all of that will eventually go away and she'll have to go back to her normal Alabama life.

• Love 11
(edited)
On 7/2/2019 at 7:44 AM, nutty1 said:

Personally, that has always bothered me. I just cannot imagine having sex with 1 or 2 different guys, then getting engaged to yet another one within a few days.  Or I cannot imagine being the person (not the lead) who is getting engaged, knowing my future spouse slept with someone within days of our engagement. 

Me, either. I'm not a Christian, or any religion -- it's just my internal feelings about intimacy. Just the thought squicks me out. That said, I can't wait to see Luke's born-again head explode. He and Hannah speak the same fundie language, what with the "testimony" and all, but he's put such a hard edge on it, and he's judgmental to begin with, so he'd be a monster to date. I'm not looking forward to the group prayer session with his fam next week. I hate group-grope displays of faith.

Mike would be a fun bachelor. I like him!

The below post is so awesome, I bolded the best parts to share again...

On 7/2/2019 at 8:37 AM, truthaboutluv said:

But I'm willing to bet that means you wouldn't be signing up for The Bachelor anytime soon. 

This season is at this point a full on dumpster fire. Hannah's falling hard for an annoying narcissistic tool allowed for his presence to eat her season because she wouldn't eliminate him. I don't buy some who want to think this was the producers. Luke is still there because Hannah wanted him there. 

Girl has shit taste in men and so she gravitated towards a possessive arrogant tool and a guy who was really just there for his career. And she fully bought into everything they were both selling her and fell hardcore for them both. And so we have Luke's presence eating the show and she's bitching about the guys not knowing her when she's canceled multiple cocktail parties in a hissy fit because the guys were making it clear they were sick of Luke. She says she's tired of drama but engages with Luke's whiny tattle taling of "Jed was mean to me and I expect that from Tyler who is also so mean to me but Jed too and they're just so mean".

And she goes, "why are they so mean to him" and let guy and after guy go who she never bothered to try to get to know because she's too busy putting out fires and making excuses for why keeping Luke makes sense despite every guy disliking him and she herself seeing his shitty qualities. I know some think Rachel is a bit too judgmental but she's proving to be very right when she said after Hannah was announced as The Bachelorette that Hannah was too immature to be the lead. This season is a complete mess at this point. 

We have a Final 2 (not a spoiler. Just basing this off of who Hannah is clearly into) of a potential emotional abuser and the can't sing for shit "country singer" trying to plug his non-existent career. Joy

Edited by Andromeda
added quote
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, Nowhere said:

I think she’s wanting to get public backing for being slut shamed so she can try to go on some kind of anti-slut shaming motivational tour.

This made me laugh, but it has a ring of truth to it. Spare the young women from a role model like Hannah, sending a message that a strong woman is one who's lecturing and controlling with all the men in her life, but sobs like a three year old if one of them says something critical back to her.  Hannah's free to be anyway she wants to be but so are the men.

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
(edited)
8 hours ago, chocolatine said:

I can totally see wanting to proudly tell a slut-shamer like Luke that she fucked in a windmill, but not on national television. This clip will live on into perpetuity, available to her future husband (who, for the record, I don't think is "in this room") and children, prospective employers, people from her church, etc. I know Hannah probably doesn't think beyond the post-show magazine covers and Instagram shilling opportunities, but all of that will eventually go away and she'll have to go back to her normal Alabama life.

I absolutely cringed seeing the preview where she talks about sex in the windmill. It reminded me of a co-worker who got drunk at happy hour and talked in detail about their sexual exploits.  The lack of discretion is my takeaway when someone does that. 

People are free to have sex with anyone they want within legal limits, but the announcement about sex in the windmill speaks to a lack of maturity or "filter."  I think Hannah wants to shock some of her hometown crowd in Alabama, and perhaps she thinks sexual liberation is the tool to do it?  Sometimes, people who grew up in a restrictive environment go wild as young adults.  Chances are plenty of people in her town are getting busy but just not announcing it to the world.

Edited by nittanycougar
  • Useful 1
  • Love 8

I just love it on the evening parts of the 1 on 1 dates where they lovingly reminisce about what happened about an hour and a half ago.  Sweet memories. They literally  have nothing else to talk about.  

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, JudyObscure said:

I think she’s wanting to get public backing for being slut shamed so she can try to go on some kind of anti-slut shaming motivational tour.

This made me laugh, but it has a ring of truth to it. Spare the young women from a role model like Hannah, sending a message that a strong woman is one who's lecturing and controlling with all the men in her life, but sobs like a three year old if one of them says something critical back to her.  Hannah's free to be anyway she wants to be but so are the men.

I have no doubt that's what she's hoping for. I can already picture the softballs Chris Harrison is going to lob at her so she can proclaim herself a strong (or shhtrong-uh, as she pronounces it), liberated woman, blah blah blah and the audience will be cued to applaud wildly. 

• Love 3
(edited)
14 hours ago, chocolatine said:

Yep.  It was one of those things that felt good to share in the moment.  But it's going to be on national tv in this age of social media, which means lots of memes etc.  She will be known as the bachelorette that fucked in a windmill.

It's another example of these producers not protecting her though.  

Edited by dirtypop90
  • Love 3
14 hours ago, Nowhere said:

Being from the south myself, I can tell you that southern Christianity is almost cultural. A lot of people are of the Baptist variety. I moved to the Midwest which is considered the Bible Belt,( I guess?) and I was surprised by the difference in united Methodist in the Midwest vs some of my UM relatives in the south. The Midwest seemed to have gone by the more liberal practice while the southern UM still lived by a more baptist type standard. I know that seems weird but it’s just my experience. I’m not Christian myself but southern Christians are definitely held to a higher standard and I think Hannah, being the type to fuck a windmill and then announce it to the world, mount every guy she thinks is cute, and naked bungee, is in the minority of Alabama Christians. Luke seems like the evangelical type, not sure where he’s from, but he has every reason to believe that Hannah would not screw every guy she took to the fantasy suites and perhaps save that experience for just one of them. Luke thought he was that one because she has probably told him he is. Then she says, “I fucked blank in the windmill”, giving no thought to his feelings of jealousy that he has already displayed, and then has the nerve to get upset when Luke calls her out on her bs. Hell, I wouldn’t even be that heartless with a guy I DIDN’T like, much less one that I like as much as she obviously likes Luke, considering how many undeserved chances she has given him to change himself completely to fit her needs. Spoiled brat, this one. I don’t understand why Hannah can’t keep her damn mouth shut about her sexual exploits or why she has to mount all the guys on national tv. Some things should be kept private. I think she’s wanting to get public backing for being slut shamed so she can try to go on some kind of anti-slut shaming motivational tour. She can be the Jesus loves sluts spokeswoman. Meanwhile, she has made Luke look like he’s crazy for his beliefs. He is cray IMO, but he’s not alone. Christian men are everywhere and yes, most expect a woman to submit to her husband. To be fair, the nice ones also quote the scripture that says to love your wife as Christ loved the church and died for it, so it’s a give and take. Hannah is all take and no give. Unless it’s that ass. She gives that up freely. And Jesus still loves her. He just doesn't particularly like her.

Don’t shoot the messenger.

8 hours ago, JudyObscure said:

Bravo both of these posts! I have friends who see nothing particularly wrong with any of Hanna's behavior. She strikes me as the do as I say, not as a do/happy wife/happy life type.  

Her standards for the guys-Man up! Don't screw up anything or be a big emotional baby. Don't talk about the other people in the house to me either. Only women get to do that on the Bachelor, okay? Can you all go to your corners and read or something instead of getting into it like pageant girls? That's my role. I better be the only woman you're dating. I don't care if you're married to me or not. Jesus wouldn't approve of you multidating, and it embarrasses and confuses me. You better be genuine and have morals! I'd like a trustworthy, Christian gentleman I can take home, ya know. 

Herself-I'm a pretty princess so I can whine, cry, and hump as much as I want. It's MY body, you're not my husband, so I can fool around and brag about it to the whole world because Jesus still loves me! He understands the rules are different because I'm the Bachelorette. Now, can everyone please shut up until I decide who I want to straddle for the rest of my life? I'm overwhelmed because my possessive Christian boyfriend who ALL my other boyfriends warned me about is mad at me for sleeping with my shady singer boyfriend on the windmill. I guess there were probably nicer guys I could have kept around longer than these two, but they weren't as fun to kiss and straddle.

• LOL 6
  • Love 5
(edited)

So I finally saw Tyler and Hannah's date and I'm even more confused by most of the comments about it. The Tyler being dumb thing, yeah didn't get that at all. I thought when she was asking him to be more specific about what was bothering him about Riga and why he got in his head, he was being a bit closed off and deliberately vague, but not dumb.

I think it's obvious the Luke drama was bothering him and right before HTD, when there are so few left is around the time the contestants start getting into their heads, worrying if they've had enough time with the lead, what the lead really thinks about them, etc. And Tyler just didn't want to say those things. I think he especially didn't want to bring Luke up because can you blame him?

As all the other guys have said, Luke's presence has dominated their time on the show thanks to his being an asshat but Hannah keeping him around and the producers likely prodding them to talk in their talking heads about how they feel about him. I don't blame Tyler for not wanting to turn another conversation into more Luke talk. 

The night portion, I thought the story about his family and why he's a bit closed off was fairly honest and touching for this show that's 90 percent superficial. I also thought it was kind of impressively honest of him to flat out say that he's failed a lot in life. How many people like admitting to being a failure at anything. But that he said it in such a way where there wasn't any pity, it didn't come across as pathetic but just as, "I've failed and fallen but it's made me a better person". 

Again, maybe it's just me but I really didn't see what the big deal was about this date that some were saying he's dumb and that Hannah is not into him at all. I didn't get that. I thought rather than just making out and shallow conversations like her and Jed where he finds a way to work his lame singing in a million times, it came across as two people dating and getting to know each other better. 

Don't get me wrong, I do think at that point in the filming, Hannah's Top 2 was definitely Jed and Luke and Jed I think had surpassed Luke by that point. Hannah did two things that made it clear Jed was her number one by this point - she told him she was falling in love with him before he said it to her. The lead rarely reveals their feelings before the contestant. And then of course her saying that she thinks about him when with the other guys. 

So yeah, Jed and Luke were it for her but I don't buy that she didn't want Tyler at all. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 7
14 minutes ago, truthaboutluv said:

Don't get me wrong, I do think at that point in the filming, Hannah's Top 2 was definitely Jed and Luke and Jed I think had surpassed Luke by that point. Hannah did two things that made it clear Jed was her number one by this point - she told him she was falling in love with him before he said it to her. The lead rarely reveals their feelings before the contestant. And then of course her saying that she thinks about him when with the other guys. 

So yeah, Jed and Luke were it for her but I don't buy that she didn't want Tyler at all. 

It'll be interesting to see how Hannah is perceived coming out of this show. It's not going to end well, but I wonder if she'll portray herself (and be seen by the dumb tabloids) as a victim here. It seems pretty clear to me, she had her choice of around 26 guys to choose from. Most would have been nice to her and treated her with respect and want to build a life together. Instead? She's picks the two guys who, 1) TOLD HER he was there to promote his music career and isn't really there for her and, 2) a guy who's creepy, possessive, and has anger issues that ALL the other guys have tried to warn her about and which she herself sees in him and has called him out on. If things go badly for Hannah in the real world, she has nobody to blame but herself. Though, this being the Bachelor and she's a woman, that's not how it will be spun.

• Love 6
12 minutes ago, Stan39 said:

It'll be interesting to see how Hannah is perceived coming out of this show.

I really liked Hannah when she was picked. She was one of my favorites of the whole franchise, and there are things I do still like about her. She does seem to be less "camera ready" than most, a bit more "OMG I can't believe this is my life right now" which is refreshing, but her terrible taste in men and inability to see beyond "Christian" and "southern" to realize that both Luke and Jed are actually just assholes, no matter then religion or region has made her just frustrating to watch.

I had to bow out of the show a few eps ago. I just can't take it anymore. She's allowing herself to be manipulated by the two worst options she has (well, now that shit-stiring Garrett is gone) while a bunch of really good guys are being ignored and treated like shit for daring to speak ill of St. Luke. And now they are being chastised for NOT talking about Luke. 

I think Tyler just figured out he can't win, so why bother. Good for him I say. He can do way better. Most of them can do way better. Hannah wouldn't appreciate a good man. She wants a caveman who will throw her over his shoulder and haul her out of the bar then act all contrite whens he chastises him like a child. You guys were right, she wants the drama. Considering who her top two seem to be, I'm sure she will get exactly what she wants. I also think she is going to end up regretting it in the long run. 

• Love 7

I'm going to label Hanna the best bachelorette ever.  I am enjoying this season like no other. Her telling Luke she had sex in a windmill (twice) is the highlight of my summer tv.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

I wonder if Hannah’s behavior on this show would come to attention of the Miss Alabama pageant and if that would say anything or strip her title retroactively? I don’t know how that works but it happens in the national pageants. Maybe it only affects current title holders. I do think she’ll come to regret being so blatant about her sexual escapades though I understand where it’s coming from with regard to Luke. I’d probably say that too but not on television although it was pretty hilarious to watch and he deserved it. 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Kiss my mutt said:

I wonder if Hannah’s behavior on this show would come to attention of the Miss Alabama pageant and if that would say anything or strip her title retroactively?

Why?  She didn’t rape anyone. She’s not using drugs.  She’s of the legal age to drink. Her having consensual sex with a guy she’s dating and may marry hardly seems like bad behavior. YMMV of course 

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, LBS said:

Why?  She didn’t rape anyone. She’s not using drugs.  She’s of the legal age to drink. Her having consensual sex with a guy she’s dating and may marry hardly seems like bad behavior. YMMV of course 

I hate that she would have to justify her actions when the only thing she's doing wrong is constantly choosing Luke. lol 

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

Hannah reminds me of the group of people I hung out with in high school back in the 90s. We were all “Christians” who’d go to weekly Young Life meetings where we’d sing peppy songs about Jesus for an hour, listen to a preachy homily about purity from a creepy 30-year-old youth minister, and then go make out with cute boys in trucks in the Dairy Queen parking lot until our 10:30 curfews. We were so very special and clueless. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 7
  • Love 5

This season is the biggest joke ever. The idea of these gorgeous & sane (not counting Luke) men being really into Hannah is ridiculous and shows them to be total fakes. I´ve never been so turned off by anything on the show before. I know that this show is probably 99% fake but it´s still always been possible to entertain the possibility that the contestants are actually smitten with a beautiful stranger on tv. Hannah shatters that illusion totally. She is just the worst, cries constantly no matter what is happening, and if she´s not crying for some reason her voice is still whiny and her nose is red. There´s nothing to like about her. She´s too awful to even dislike, she´s just a joke (the men are worse though). I can´t take the idea of Luke not winning this. I´m gonna stay for the cringe for as long as he´s staying.

• Love 5
38 minutes ago, Kiss my mutt said:

Garrett cracked me up when he mention Hannah’s red nose at his departure. Does she have a coke habit?

This was funny.  The red nose must be very noticeable in person.

Garrett gave a very romantic farewell, holding her face and kissing her several times. Hannah had a forced smile and looked like she couldn't wait to get rid of him.  Hopefully, one day she learns to like the nice guys.

• Love 4
(edited)
On 7/1/2019 at 7:43 PM, truthaboutluv said:

This is all I came in here to confirm. I missed most of tonight's episode, had no interest in the final group date because everyone and their mother knew Luke wasn't going anywhere. But I watched the previews and I thought I was hearing things.

That maybe her accent was so strong I misunderstood her. Because I was pretty sure I heard her say she fucked in a windmill. And was very confused. But apparently I didn't mishear what she said.

Well, you're doing better than me because I thought I heard her say she had sex WITH a windmill which started me pondering how that would even work and what is that thing called where people fall in love with inanimate objects and for just a few moments before I hit rewind Hannah B was the most interesting Bachelorette ever.

Edited by piewarmer
  • LOL 5
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, nittanycougar said:

Garrett gave a very romantic farewell, holding her face and kissing her several times. Hannah had a forced smile and looked like she couldn't wait to get rid of him.  Hopefully, one day she learns to like the nice guys.

Garrett is not a nice guy.

• Love 2
9 hours ago, betha said:

Garrett is not a nice guy.

Garrett is a "messy bench who loves drama" (tm the Good Place). I am actually shocked Hannah didn't keep him because based on that alone they seem like soulmates.

3 hours ago, Mabinogia said:

Garrett is a "messy bench who loves drama" (tm the Good Place). I am actually shocked Hannah didn't keep him because based on that alone they seem like soulmates.

Maybe if he was messing with ANYONE but Luke....and didn't hate football.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

Thinking about the earlier days in TB franchise--- the contestants used to stay in the mansion for a longer time.  Then when they started traveling, the contestants were separated from each other and only saw each other at rose ceremonies.

As a right-reasons viewer, I don't like that the contestants are arguing.  Of course they are jealous of each other.

• Love 1
(edited)

To be clear about my earlier post, I think Garrett can be a jerk, but he tried pretty hard to be sweet to Hannah when he left. She had no time for it.  It could be because Garrett insulted her precious, misunderstood Luke.

This season has so many twists that have played out on social media.  Like you Just CarolI have thought back to the early days of the franchise.  Most of the contestants had regular jobs, and there was no such thing as a post-Bachelor career in Instagram posts. 

This season, for the first time in Bachelorette history, I feel like I can't get caught up in the romance.  The only fun is waiting for the shit to hit the fan on ATFR.

Edited by nittanycougar
  • Love 5
On 7/6/2019 at 7:06 AM, Wandering Snark said:

Man this is the best thing to happen to windmills since Don Quixote!

Windmills are so in right now. Windmills...

On 7/6/2019 at 5:20 PM, Kiss my mutt said:

Garrett cracked me up when he mention Hannah’s red nose at his departure. Does she have a coke habit?

Now that you mention it, she kind of acts like she has a coke habit. 

Side note: my phone almost autocorrected to “come habit” but then thought better of itself. That would have been a funny edit for me later.

21 hours ago, piewarmer said:

Well, you're doing better than me because I thought I heard her say she had sex WITH a windmill which started me pondering how that would even work and what is that thing called where people fall in love with inanimate objects and for just a few moments before I hit rewind Hannah B was the most interesting Bachelorette ever.

This is what I would call a day terror. 

1 hour ago, nittanycougar said:

To be clear about my earlier post, I think Garrett can be a jerk, but he tried pretty hard to be sweet to Hannah when he left. She had no time for it.  It could be because Garrett insulted her precious, misunderstood Luke.

Don’t worry about Garrett. He only said he loved Hannah because he was desperate to show Luke who’s boss. I imagine him meeting up with Mike and Connor so they can high five, have some beers, and celebrate dodging a bullet. They get to be on Bachelor in Paradise and get the pick of The Bachelor litter. There are so many better women than Hannah in this franchise.

• Love 4

I've been watching this season up until this point but I feel like checking out because I am not a big fan of Hannah. I'm just watching at this point for Peter & Tyler. I find her annoying and immature. It's like ABC is trying to brand her in between Kaitlyn & Emily but it's not working for me.

Poor Connor but I think he will pick up a babe in Paradise. 

• Love 3

I think that Hannah clearly has a very narrow view of what a man is supposed to be like, and he dosent match that intensely stereotypical and specific view (loves sports, aggressive and even violent, never shows reaction to pain, possessive of his woman, can do anything outdoorsy) she gets tired of them for their "weakness" or whatever. 

Yeah, this kind of stuff is why I haven't been able to ever genuinely watch this show. I think I got through an episode or two of one season and that was it. I try because I enjoy things like Burning Love and UnREAL (at least season 1) and the Bachelor Party podcast. But I can't with the actual show. I need 30 minutes or less of digestible content that's just people hilariously being unable to ride horses and making out in either sexy or hilariously gross ways. I can't watch an hour and a half a week and pretend I care about these dummies being brainwashed into thinking they might be falling in love. Some parts of the show sound fun but trying to sit through all the other stuff would make me crazy. 

• Love 2