Type keyword(s) to search

S15.E08: Week 8: Amsterdam

• Start Topic

2 minutes ago, dirtypop90 said:

You got to watch this episode.  I don't think she into Tyler like that.  It's got be Jed IMO.

I'm not saying whoever she slept with in the windmill was Tyler or whoever. I'm saying that I believe she slept with both on their individual Fantasy Suite date. I've skimmed the comments and gathered that she was apparently grilling and being kind of an ass towards Tyler on their date or whatever.

But from everything I have seen of Hannah this season, I don't buy that she went into the FS with Tyler and nothing happened, same with Jed. Doesn't mean she loves Tyler or will pick him and I'm not saying either of those things. I'm saying there are some leads where I can buy that they didn't sleep with everyone or only slept with their Final 1. Hannah's not one of those leads, IMO. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
Just now, truthaboutluv said:

I'm not saying whoever she slept with in the windmill was Tyler or whoever. I'm saying that I believe she slept with both on their individual Fantasy Suite date. I've skimmed the comments and gathered that she was apparently grilling and being kind of an ass towards Tyler on their date or whatever.

But from everything I have seen of Hannah this season, I don't buy that she went into the FS with Tyler and nothing happened, same with Jed. Doesn't mean she loves Tyler or will pick him and I'm not saying either of those things. I'm saying there are some leads where I can buy that they didn't sleep with everyone or only slept with their Final 1. Hannah's not one of those leads, IMO. 

I know.  I was saying during FS dates  I think Hannah was planning to sleep with Jed and Luke, so two people.  But Luke tells her he's saving himself. 

After her date with Tyler, I don't think she wants to sleep with him.  The chemistry is gone and she was still high from Jed's date.  But we'll see.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, saber5055 said:

Especially when he said something like, "My heart just fell through the earth." Ha ha. When your heart sinks, that is not a good thing. Freudian slip? Maybe. Maybe not.

I was afraid he was going to say, "And it landed in China."

• LOL 1
42 minutes ago, talktoomuch said:

If Luke were really her final choice the producers would have never shown us all these terrible things about him. We've had assholes before but none this blatantly shown, especially for so long.

One word: Vienna 

• Love 10

I used to be on the Tyler Train, but that date made me dislike him so much that I'm all in for him NOT to be the next Bach. "Can't stand ya, Tyler Costanza."

I think he's the best looking of those left, but I'm over him, too.   It almost seems like they're setting Mike up for the first black bachelor.

• Love 5

I have this game I play with Google, where I put in as few letters/words as possible when I'm looking something up, so I can see how quickly it brings up my selection (to see how popular it is).  So I just typed the words "will mike", and right away it brought up "will mike be the next bachelor".  I liked him a lot, but I did feel like he was always 'in character' and saying just the right thing at all times...not so much in a calculated way, but in a high-achieving way.  (Heck, maybe he had us fooled and was just auditioning for most of this season, since he knows they are due for a black bachelor soon.)  At any rate, he will need to cut loose and show a less deliberate side of himself if he does become the bachelor.  

• Love 10
1 hour ago, saber5055 said:

The same person is doing Hannah's eyebrows AND Luke's.

Speaking of Hannah's eyebrows.  She's a pretty girl but she has very long eyebrows that come way down almost to the corners of her eyes.  I've never found that an attractive feature.

• Love 3

I used to be on the Tyler Train, but that date made me dislike him so much that I'm all in for him NOT to be the next Bach. "Can't stand ya, Tyler Costanza."

Care to explain what you mean, Saber? Not being snarky. Other than being repulsed by the herring, I didn't notice Tyler saying or doing anything objectionable. Why the comparison to George Costanza? It's late and my brain is fuzzy.😄

• Love 5
3 hours ago, saber5055 said:

LOL! Tyler's jeans are also skin-tight stretch jeans, like those white pants. And he rolls them up so they are high-water pants too, like the white ones!

Oh, man, they are going to ride Friesian horses, only the most COOL HORSES ever (besides my American Saddlebreds.)

What a bunch of dumb asses. A horse won't move forward when you are clinging to the reins and pulling back, which mean STOP in horse language.  Worst waste of a date ever. Tyler barfing the fish describes how I feel about this date. I hate both of these people right now.

Those horses were walking backwards.  Obviously talented horses, and that whole date felt like a prank.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Kiss my mutt said:

Is Hannah always sick??

Speaking from personal experience, when you are on a strict diet, drinking a lot, under stress, and constantly traveling, you'll inevitably get sick. Hannah seems to be getting smaller by the week - she might not be eating enough or getting adequate rest. It's  a recipe for constant colds.

• Love 4
(edited)

Luke on the date is so not staying in his lane. But apparently that was last week's metaphor?

ETA

Luke that wasn’t heaven in the shower, it’s called steam. The water also might have been too hot. 

Edited by Refresh
More thoughts
  • LOL 8
  • Love 1
(edited)
5 hours ago, ECM1231 said:

Bye bye big Mike. You didn't even get a dinner out of this.

It's like Hannah always purposely took him on the worst dates.

Mike:  Sour candy shop

Luke:  The most beautiful romantic cliff in Scotland complete with a castle

5 hours ago, ECM1231 said:

I like Tyler but he really pissed me off with that snide ,5'8" villain comment. One cannot help how tall or short one is.

I thought it was one of the funniest things I've ever seen on this franchise.  Peter not even being able to hide his smile and Tyler's shit eating grin after owning up to saying it. 😂😂😂😂😂

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • LOL 3
  • Love 8
4 hours ago, meatball77 said:

When Hannah was crying with Mike because paintings are pretty she looked like she was asking for help from an older mentor or teacher, not a boyfriend.

His acting was not very good in the car ride.  He didn't seem that bummed.

He took it extremely well.  It was weird because he spent all season trying to convince us that he was crazy about Hannah.  I have no idea what to think about that guy.  Does anyone watch Seinfeld?  He was kind of a phony baloney.

But I've always wanted a black Bachelor so hey.  Bring it on.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, ECM1231 said:

Care to explain what you mean, Saber? Not being snarky. Other than being repulsed by the herring, I didn't notice Tyler saying or doing anything objectionable. Why the comparison to George Costanza? It's late and my brain is fuzzy.😄

George's last name is Constanza.

A really mean phys. ed teacher used to refer to George as "Can't Stand Ya".

• Love 1
9 hours ago, nutty1 said:

It would be a spoiler if we answered, no matter what the answer! 😮

this date I see no chemisry with tyler. darn it. Connor, you and your vocal fry and upspeak, please get off my screen--your voice is unbearable. Garret, youre a pot stirrer and rather than put your energies into Hannah, you want to beat Luke--happy to see garret go, as cute as he is, and I was just as happy to see the other luke , luke s go--whiny babies. peter was the smart one, just concentrate on hannah. its sad, now i see on this season there really is no great ending, ususally im hopeful. now I have to pray that jed is actually feeling real feelings. I did have to laugh when the guys asked if he brought his guitar on this date 🙂

• Love 4
8 hours ago, SassyCat said:

Hmmmm, I am JUST now noticing that that Garrett is kinda cute! IF he shaved that sparse side crap off his face and maybe went for a nicely clipped moustache and goatee type beard instead. Also if he de-bouffanted his hair and let it grow long and straight. Yeah Baybay!

he is adorable but a pot stirrer and drama guy.

9 hours ago, bosawks said:

I can’t believe at this late date I still don’t remember adenoid guy’s name.

adenoid??

• Love 1
9 hours ago, nutty1 said:

Connor is a sweet guy. But his voice drives me crazy. 

he needs to go to a speech therapist, he speaks like a valley <gag me with a spoon> girl. unbearable

9 hours ago, ECM1231 said:

Amen to that. Vocal fry is something I normally hear only with women and his voice is something I could never get used to. He seemed sweet and sincere. He should not have gone to see her and at least get to enjoy Amsterdam on the group date.

remember in the early years of the series when noone knew where th bachelor or bachelorette stayed and it was SUCH a big deal to try and find them..now they do this multiple times. its ridiculous.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
8 hours ago, TheFinalRose said:

Dropping the baloney is a phrase I think we'll be using in the future.  

A Garrett vs. Luke showdown. Gosh. Who goes home? Too bad they already showed us the previews of when Luke goes home.  Looks like the show already dropped the baloney on this one.  (Wow, found a way to work it in already!)

ha!! along with doing a mesnick!!lol

(edited)

Ok Peter is a cutie.

I am still not sure, if Garret and Jed stood next to each other, that I could tell which was which. 

Mike def got the bachelor edit.  Too bad it’s been so much the Luke season, I feel like I barely know any of the others. 

ETA, as a lifelong horse person, I simultaneously drooled over the Friesian horses while watching in dread as the two non-riders tried to navigate on the pavement... without riding helmets.  One good spook and neither one of them could have stayed on. I know the handlers were just off camera, but still. 

Edited by Meowwww
Horse stuff
  • Useful 1
  • Love 9
(edited)
5 minutes ago, Meowwww said:

Mike def got the bachelor edit.  Too bad it’s been so much the Luke season, I feel like I barely know any of the others. 

I am not sure I agree with the bolded. The second part.....definitely. I see Mike in contention for the role. If I was forced to say right now who I think they are leaning toward, it would be Peter. (no spoilers, just based on edit)

Edited by nutty1
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, JudyObscure said:

I don't think those guys know baloney from salami, but they do know how to have fun with it.  I loved lunch meat glasses and can't see how Luke kept from laughing at that.

Jed's face was completely blank while Hannah was talking about her "moment" when they were clicking heels and she fell in love.  Then the producers must have come in for a little talk with him  and told him to think of one of his heartbreaking love songs, because all of a sudden he was Mr. Emotion.  Their faces together make the oddest looking couple, kind of like a Pekingese and a Pit Bull. 

I agree that she lost that loving feeling with Tyler.  By the time she muttered, "Man up," to him she sounded completely disgusted.   Hannah has very specific ideas about manliness and if you can't ride a horse or eat pickled herring, you'll never be the football loving, muscle bound meat head of her dreams.

Speaking of Luke, this show is so expert at misleading us with previews, for all I know Hannah could be giving the finger to Chris Harrison next week, but it sure seems like we finally get the smack-down with Luke. 

I agree with everyone who says Luke has been showing Hannah who he is every week, but it's not  just that he's been showing her his lying, asshole side.  He has made it perfectly clear to her since the first day that he's a newly born-again Christian with all the fanatical zeal that goes along with that. 

Jesus surely does still love Hannah no matter what she does, but Jesus also said don't fornicate (that's ancient Hebrew for fuck around) so Hannah should not be surprised after hearing everything Luke has said about the new Christian lifestyle he's going for, that he would not be best pleased to learn she had screwed all the guys in Holland (or whatever she did.)  She should know his beliefs and exactly what kind of Christian relationship he's expecting by now and if she doesn't share that she should have let him go last night after his, "testimony."  

I feel like they got screwed on that date with noone to show them how to ride the horses. that was an uncalled comment by her about "man up" not everyone has to like everything. ugh I guess it is weasel head bad singer jed,lol

• Love 10

I think Hannah feels connected to Luke by religion, as evidenced in their conversation about sharing their "testimony."  I am not sure what religion uses that term, but whatever it is, they seem to share it.  It might explain why she has a hard time seeing his bad behavior.   Is it possible that she was pushing for it to work out do to their common faith (plus Luke being quite easy on the eyes?) None of the other guys have openly talked about religion.

Also in the preview she says " I've had sex and Jesus still loves me."  That appears to be a deeper argument about her disappointment at Luke using religion against her.

I could not figure out the crying at the art gallery.  She seems so emotional.  I think she was feeling guilty about dumping another guy.

• Love 5
11 hours ago, dirtypop90 said:

I'm with you.  She sends Luke home because he embarrasses her and she couldn't keep him around anymore and save face.

That happened three weeks ago and he's still here.  She has no clue and I hope, watching it back, she realizes exactly how badly he treated everyone on the show, including her.

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, Sir RaiderDuck OMS said:

Question: Do we KNOW Hannah's windmill tryst happened on the show, or could she be talking about something that happened years ago?

Given their location, it is most likely an upcoming fantasy suite date.  

• Love 1
(edited)

So, I’m agnostic (really atheist, but I go with agnostic because you go ahead and believe what you want). But is this typical Christian belief to think Jesus spoke to you in the shower and the ceiling opened up and you saw heaven? Because, to me, it sounds like a possible schizophrenic break. But the look on Hannah’s face when Luke was sharing his touched by God moment was priceless. The best part was when he was saying it’s hard to be this perfect—and she’s all oh, you’re not perfect—but then they just talked over each other and, oh, Luke actually think he’s perfect...st least in relation to avoiding “carnal desires.”

I also loved the Chad coldcut platter comparison—which was foreshadowing to Luke “dropping bologna” on Grant (haha!), which also led to an Ultimate Staring Game, which ended in ham glasses.

Tyler and Hannah could not stay in their lanes with those horses! They couldn’t make it to the waffle stand and are lucky the ice cream guy came to them.

So, if Hannah had sex in a windmill, it HAD to have been this week in Amsterdam. Doubtful they’re going to someplace with windmills for overnights. It’s totally Jed, right, if she’s starry-eyed and telling him she loves him. The only other option could be Tyler, but the way she was all-in with her feelings on Jed, it’s totally him. Twice!!

ETA: At first I thought Hannah said she had sex with a windmill, but that sounds pretty dangerous and quite painful.

Edited by JenE4
  • LOL 17
  • Love 7

As much as I dislike that asshat Luke, I can't say as I would blame him for questioning Hannah about her prior trysts.  I mean, does he really want to go be with a girl who was with a boy the night before and an even different boy the night before that?  That's just skeezy no matter who you are.  And everybody acts like that should just be accepted; it's what you signed up for.  Well, if she were to do all three boys, Jesus might still love her, but I'd think he'd pretty disgusted with her at the same time.

• LOL 1
  • Love 12
6 minutes ago, Mswldflwr said:

As much as I dislike that asshat Luke, I can't say as I would blame him for questioning Hannah about her prior trysts.  I mean, does he really want to go be with a girl who was with a boy the night before and an even different boy the night before that?  That's just skeezy no matter who you are.  And everybody acts like that should just be accepted; it's what you signed up for.  Well, if she were to do all three boys, Jesus might still love her, but I'd think he'd pretty disgusted with her at the same time.

Personally, that has always bothered me. I just cannot imagine having sex with 1 or 2 different guys, then getting engaged to yet another one within a few days.  Or I cannot imagine being the person (not the lead) who is getting engaged, knowing my future spouse slept with someone within days of our engagement. 

• Love 16
1 hour ago, JudyObscure said:

Jed's face was completely blank while Hannah was talking about her "moment" when they were clicking heels and she fell in love.  

Hannah has very specific ideas about manliness and if you can't ride a horse or eat pickled herring, you'll never be the football loving, muscle bound meat head of her dreams.

Speaking of Luke, this show is so expert at misleading us with previews, for all I know Hannah could be giving the finger to Chris Harrison next week, but it sure seems like we finally get the smack-down with Luke. 

Jesus surely does still love Hannah no matter what she does, but Jesus also said don't fornicate (that's ancient Hebrew for fuck around) so Hannah should not be surprised after hearing everything Luke has said about the new Christian lifestyle he's going for, that he would not be best pleased to learn she had screwed all the guys in Holland (or whatever she did.)  She should know his beliefs and exactly what kind of Christian relationship he's expecting by now and if she doesn't share that she should have let him go last night after his, "testimony."  

In order:

1.  Yes, and it was so odd.  Given what has been published, Jed is not here for the 'right reasons'.  If it's all about publicity for him, then he said he was falling in love with her (last week?) so he could stay on longer.  He knew hometowns were coming up, so he must have been trying to get that far, since that is publicity on steroids.  Having Hannah be falling in love with him, too, would seem to be great for him, because it keeps him around longer.  But boy oh boy, he was sooo not feeling it when she said it back to him.  Did it hit him that maybe he might actually win, and then be viewed as a villain?  Did he realize that actual feelings were involved and feel bad for Hannah (doubtful)?  Or maybe it was just a shock since he probably didn't expect it, and he doesn't feel that way about her, so he was stunned.
  2. So true!  Clearly coming into this, she had very fixed ideas about what she wanted in a man.  But many of us have/had hoped that her exposure to different types of men that her usual, would cause her to question what she really needed as opposed to what she thought she wanted.  Yeah, no.
  3. Each week I have thought that the producers must be pulling their usual switcheroo with the previews, but this time it looks like it really will be what they are showing.  Fingers crossed!
  4. Bingo!  Girlfriend hasn't realized yet that there are a whole constellation of other less-desirable traits that go along with the ones that she prizes.
  • Love 10
2 hours ago, Meowwww said:

ETA, as a lifelong horse person, I simultaneously drooled over the Friesian horses while watching in dread as the two non-riders tried to navigate on the pavement... without riding helmets.  One good spook and neither one of them could have stayed on. I know the handlers were just off camera, but still. 

I really didn't like that either.  I even wanted them to wear back braces or something.  I could never do this show.

• Love 1
(edited)
29 minutes ago, JenE4 said:

So, I’m agnostic (really atheist, but I go with agnostic because you go ahead and believe what you want).

I'm an atheist who also feels people should believe what they want.  I never took atheism to mean I tell anyone else what to believe at all.  Actually, I could say the same about other religions as well.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 7
24 minutes ago, Mswldflwr said:

Then don't go on the show?  Nobody is forced to sign up.

• Love 12

I agree that the Tyler hotness quotient has dwindled. Oh he's still hot, but something was off last night. I do like the way his nostrils flare a bit though. In any case, he's way too good for Hannah. She ain't going that good.

I also can't stand Luke and his manscaped brows. What does she see in him? He makes me cringe. I'll have to rewatch for the quote, but there was a line he said at the end of a scene that was just barfworthy. His confrontation with Garett was so obviously staged. I enjoyed it nevertheless.

• Love 3
11 hours ago, ECM1231 said:

It was a reference to the Seinfeld episode where there is a flashback to high school and George's gym teacher was ragging on him. The catch phrase was "Costanza, can't stand ya." So when I wrote "Can't stand ya" in that post, I put Costanza as Tyler's last name to give credit to the quote. I know, obscure. But no harm intended. I'm just off the Tyler Train after this episode. WAY off.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
43 minutes ago, JenE4 said:

ETA: At first I thought Hannah said she had sex with a windmill, but that sounds pretty dangerous and quite painful.

So did I, which is why I was very confused. Like the hell, she fucked a windmill? Douche though Luke may be, I was as confused as his "what" when I thought I heard that. 

• Love 5
7 hours ago, TomGirl said:

The best moment of the show was when Peter returned from the group date and Tyler leapt into his arms.   Awww!

I thought for sure a Bachelor Handshake was going to happen ...

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
(edited)

Oh Tyler. For seven weeks, I thought I couldn't quit you. But I'm sorry. "Nip it in the butt" is a deal breaker for me. I'll miss the time we had together.

Edited by NoWhammies
  • LOL 10
  • Love 6
38 minutes ago, Mswldflwr said:

Yes it is icky and weird and that's why I personally would never do this show and I'm willing to bet most on here wouldn't either. Yes, Luke is entitled to feel what he feels but it's not so much everyone acts like it should just be accepted but more so that this show has been on for years. Hell this weird ass show has been around for like 15 years if you can believe that and there is PLENTY of source material about it from the many, many contestants who have appeared on the show.

Point is before signing up for the hamster wheel that it is, do your homework and decide if this will be something you can handle and is right for you. Because yes, in the real world, people aren't getting engaged to someone days after they've fucked someone else. At least not knowingly. But hey, in the normal world people aren't making out with multiple people on one date or getting engaged to someone they've spent maybe a total of two full days together. Nothing about this is normal. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
(edited)
55 minutes ago, Mswldflwr said:

Exactly. Also not a Luke fan, but I got where he was coming from with the naked bungee jumping too. She’s also straddling the guys all the time. A lot of people are calling her the horniest bachelorette ever. It’s one thing to kiss other men, it’s another thing when it’s not so PG anymore. I like the idea of being with a gentleman (for Luke, a lady), and I most definitely would not want to marry someone who’s sleeping with different people right before I’m about to marry them. 

44 minutes ago, nutty1 said:

Personally, that has always bothered me. I just cannot imagine having sex with 1 or 2 different guys, then getting engaged to yet another one within a few days.  Or I cannot imagine being the person (not the lead) who is getting engaged, knowing my future spouse slept with someone within days of our engagement. 

All this. I’m pretty new to the franchise. I know Colton didn’t sleep with multiple people, but that could be because he was a virgin. Not sure if anyone heard about that little fact about him! 😀 Have all the others slept with people on the show just before getting engaged?  

Hannah irks me because she wants to have it both ways. She wants the guys completely devoted to her, to not get into any drama, stay in their lane, but she excuses all her own questionable behavior. If the argument is that the guys knew what they were signing up for (which I totally understand to a degree), did Hannah know what she was signing up for? That some of these guys may not be genuine and also not sure about HER? That there are other women they possibly might still be interested in? That just as the guys should “man up,” perhaps she should woman up? That they may have stuff to say about one another, just as she did about a certain beauty queen to Colton? Everything always seems to go back to her own feelings and wants. 

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Love 11
Just now, NoWhammies said:

Oh Tyler. For seven weeks, I thought I couldn't quit you. But I'm sorry. "Nip it in the butt" is a deal breaker. I'll miss the time we had together.

I missed most of last night's episode and so I'm confused. I keep reading how over Tyler people are in this thread but yet to read one offensive or particularly awful thing he did. And then the other places I read online are people pissed at Hannah for how she grilled and almost attacked him while keeping the nutjob Luke around. So what am I missing here? Is this a case of people putting someone on an unrealistic pedestal and so his turning out to be normal and human has turned them off?

• Useful 3
  • Love 6