Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E16: Lashanta's Story LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, Giant Misfit said:

On behalf of @PrincessPurrsALot, congratulations to Poundticipant @Azubah on being two pounds away from accurately guessing Lashanta's weight tonight!

You've won a screengrab of an actual painting (available for sale on Etsy) of Dr Now staring down the enemy—a plate of pancakes—or, as they are called on the show, grapes.

719732481_ScreenShot2019-04-17at7_09_30PM.png.125d69decb13559cd13c9193ffb062c0.png

And because we're feeling generous, we are also throwing in a brand-new floor toilet.

toilet.jpg.d5ec0260eb789761a4f23e3939e14709.jpg

Oh, thank you!! I'll never pee in my actual toilets again! I'll miss my husband, though. 

• LOL 18
  • Love 4
Just now, Hana Chan said:

Whenever I hear of someone converting to Eastern Orthodox, I keep picturing that scene from "My Big Fat Greek Wedding" with the baptism in the inflatable kiddie pool.

For us in Russian Orthodox church it's just water poured over your head for adults, at least in my experience. 🙂 

• Useful 1

You guys I was talking about this show when I met my friends new GF....she told me she had gastric bypass and lost 109 lbs ...I quickly changed the subject...yikes..awkward but she told me she was 260...nowhere near even Whitney Thores size. Good for her!

Edited by sainte-chapelle
  • LOL 3
  • Love 3
27 minutes ago, aliya said:

I make a 'basket' (actually, a plastic container) for aliya jr, who is 42. I'm on 2nd bag of malted milk balls. I knew I should have waited until Good Friday to buy his stuff.

eta - first storm w/new satellite system. It's not looking good.

I'm 43 and my brother just turned 46 and my mom still makes us Easter baskets (and she actually did make the baskets, too!). They're small, though. I predict a Creme Egg or two, or possibly a handful of the mini Creme eggs, chocolate-dipped Peeps (she dips them herself), and jelly beans. They also hide eggs which contain money. We each get a room and each has the same number of eggs because it all has to be equal. 😉

• LOL 1
  • Love 13
4 minutes ago, JudgeyMcJudgyPants said:

Oooh “don’t stop me now”. I do love me some Queen.  I even got little Judgey to tell Alexa to play that song and have a dance party with me in the kitchen.  Love that kid!

It's a great song, but ever since that movie came out, it's been EVERYWHERE.  

Did she just stash some food in one of her folds?

I'm behind on this one. The baby voice suggests to me that she's not all there. I think her mind is protecting her from fully comprehending her situation. I guess she's the definition of "fat but healthy" Even her legs are okay. I was surprised because she's got that Jabba the Hut splayed legs thing going on. But Dr. Now has her number as usual. I gotta catch up!

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

My son's roommate is converting to the Eastern Orthodox church! There's a fairly strong Greek presence around here. Russian too. 

Aliya jr is thinking about this, too. My husband was Greek on his father's side. We don't have a specific Greek Orthodox church here, but the Eastern Orthodox one is open to the various types. Aliya jr would have to get out of bed on Sunday first, so I'm not holding my breath.

• LOL 8
  • Love 2

Cheating!!!

You don't have to cook separately for your family.  They can either get "off-diet" food for themselves (cook it or buy it) or learn to eat healthy.  She is lying to herself here, she is cooking junk food precisely so she can sneak some in for herself.

At least she lost the weight in JT equivalent.  Gotta be 170-200 pounds!

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 7
12 minutes ago, aliya said:

I got a "big-assed" mailer about a sale at my grocery store. Tomorrow only. Is it a sin if I shop for food while Dr Now is on?

And, because this is the Midwest, I got a postcard today from my insurance agent announcing an 'appreciation' BBQ. Does your agent do that for you?

This is Iowa. I don't eat pork, but there is a big pig silhouette on the front. I'm pretty sure the Johnson County Pork Producers is footing the bill for this one. Maybe they'll have some tofu.

Absolutely none of this sounds like the part of New England where I live!  I love hearing these details about other parts of the U.S. 😎

• Love 5
Just now, umgoblue said:

Uh..oh..he doesn't want her to lose too much weight.  They will be broken up by the end of the episode unless she fails on the program..

I couldn't even finish the sentence before she intones...he broke up with me!

Silver lining...at least she didn't have a child with him!

Edited by umgoblue
  • Useful 1
  • Love 11
1 minute ago, Suzywriter said:

I was just thinking that I'd make it with a can of cream of celery or cream of mushroom. I have no class.

Truthfully, I'd have it with cream of mushroom, ground beef, French green beans, and tots, no cheese.  The way my mom fixed it.

• Love 1