Type keyword(s) to search

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Gem 10 said:

Why would Beth even think his subside was because of her?  Maybe he thought he might go to jail being his company was being investigated.  I don’t even remember him in the picture until last year.  They were probably friends with benefits for a long time.  Besides, didn’t she say she wouldn’t get married again after her divorce from Jason?  Her relationship with Dennis was very puzzling.  Then with the other guy she met before Dennis died and is now dating.  Very sketchy.  Suicide up there instead of subside.  Guess auto correct not working.

Yes, she was VERY adamant to Andy that she would never ever get married again EVER!  Now, we all know things change, but I feel like with everything else in her life she lives in absolutes.  Which is exhausting.

• Love 9
6 hours ago, ChitChat said:

I like her too.  Hearing her talk about her self-esteem issues made me realize just how much we really don't know about Tinsley and what she's been through.  She keeps it light for the show, but I think there's another level to her that is in need of healing.  I hope she can find her way back to how she used to feel about herself.  The other ladies may mean well, but I don't think it's too helpful at this point for them to chime in on her love life.  

It’s no wonder, her mother is a beast. She doesn’t need Scott, she could do much better. I like her sooooo much more than when she was hanging with Carole. She has a lot of growing up to do, tho. 

Ugh, I have always identified most with Luanne (some things anyway, I am  just not snobby nor do I have any money!) but boy is she being a dick this season! I would never act like that, I expect that kind of behavior from Ramona but not her. Something about her has always kept me on her team, no longer. That fish room rocks and it’s looks dark, I would love that!! 

Suddenly, team Dorinda! 

• Love 14
17 minutes ago, JD5166 said:

Ugh, I have always identified most with Luanne (some things anyway, I am  just not snobby nor do I have any money!) but boy is she being a dick this season! I would never act like that, I expect that kind of behavior from Ramona but not her. Something about her has always kept me on her team, no longer.

I really didn't mind that LuAnn could be a little uppity at times because I kind of expect that from someone with her social status, but for the most part she was likeable, and there were other times when she was so much fun.  Sadly, it looks like it was the booze that made her upbeat and friendly.  This version of LuAnn is like flipping a light switch on.   I wish she'd flip the switch back to the LuAnn that most of us like and tolerate, not this terrible toad!

• Love 12
On 4/4/2019 at 8:16 PM, Maximona said:

I felt for Tinsley this episode.  She's not quite the airhead I had previously mistaken her for.  Between the horrible incident in Palm Beach & the X-Husband's remarriage to a successful and fertile shoe designer, Tinsley's got a lot of reason to dither.  Her explanation about rebuilding her brand was very sensible. And, I mean, c'mon—Scott has entrusted her with his Bentley. To me, that's a bigger commitment than an engagement ring. 

I'd take the Bentley over the ring and I rarely drive! Adding that Topper's wife Tabitha is older. She was 46 I think when she had the baby so that has to sting a little. 

• Love 6

Count me among those who decided after this episode that there was no way I would be going to her local show. She’s coming here this summer and, before this episode, I actually sorta contemplated going if I could get super-cheap Groupon tickets. I don’t really like LuAnn, but I thought the spectacle of it all might be fun. Now, I’d have to be getting paid to go (or least be given a comped ticket and the freedom to heckle “JOVANI!” all night without being removed from the venue).

• LOL 7
  • Love 8
6 hours ago, Reality police said:

Tom and Carson!

2 hours ago, njbchlover said:

This would be amazing and a great Bravo crossover!! I LOVE TOM AND CARSON!!!

I didn't even think of them, but they would be amazing.

• Love 5
8 hours ago, njbchlover said:

That would be great!  Their instructions would be to turn the fish room into the snooty/uppity/haughty Countess room.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 4

Scott strikes me as a goofy guy that could never get the pretty girls until he came into money. Now he has a taste of playing around and he won’t commit to Tinsley because, well he doesn’t have to. I know she has her quirks but I like Tinsley, she seems to have a good heart, seems fun, is beautiful and comes from money, any guy would be lucky to have her.

Dear Scott, next please. 

Tinsley you can do better. 

I agree. Tinsley grew on me. Scott showing her pictures of rings is ridiculous. It reminds me of Cynthia's boyfriend, Mike, on RHOATL. He teases marriage, but so far, hasn't followed through. It's a cruel thing to do to someone who practically has a flashing "I want to get married sign" above their head. Although the advice coming from Sonja, Beth, and Luann was laughable in a way given their track record, there was a kernel of truth there. I would never give anyone I'm dating an ultimatum because that's not how I'd want to start off an engagement/marriage, but I'm all about being clear about what my expectations are. If she hasn't done so already, Tinsley and Scott need to have an adult conversation about where this relationship is going. Let him know that she wants a legal commitment and not some "let's see where it goes" horseshit. 

I've always had a soft spot for Luann, but she lost it this episode. She clearly wanted to punish Dorinda for the Cartagena blowup, so she went IN on the fish room. I don't know why Dorinda tries with these women. They would NEVER be invited to my home again. Arranging yoga and a massuse? Sis, this is not the four seasons, this is someone's home. But she wouldn't be Luann if she didn't act brand new. She knows damn well she didn't have this shit in rehab. Unless she went to Promises. 

• Love 12
15 hours ago, Dutchgirl said:

I like Bethenny, but why would anyone have a grief therapy session on camera

If a tree falls in the forest.....wait, no, that's not it.  If a therapy session doesn't occur in front of a camera, did it even happen?  Bethenny likes to emote on camera - remember when Cookie died?  She had to post a video of herself lying in bed and crying.  Bethenny does everything out loud.  The therapist is there to validate her feels for the viewing public.  I don't get it and I don't roll that way myself.

• LOL 4
  • Love 18
17 hours ago, sashayshante said:

I just finished watching this bullshit woo woo therapy scene. When she cried and said she didn't know where she fit in at the funeral, I was disgusted. She made it all about her. Maybe she should try to figure out why literally everyone that gets sucked into her vortex ends up worse for it. I can not understand how people don't see how toxic she is.

She's a neurotic mess. Self centered and self absorbed. Toxic is a great word to describe her...I feel sorry for this boy toy she's with now. I'm sure she will find a way to emasculate him and kick him to the curb when she's done with him. I had to laugh when she described him as a"suitor" that was "courting" her...what is this the 1800's? 

• LOL 3
  • Love 9
On ‎4‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 1:17 PM, Reality police said:

For those who haven't seen it, here is the shark room.

dorinda-rhony-berkshire-house-1.jpg

Pretend you're in the Caribbean and relax, mon! (plus it's free)

• LOL 5
  • Love 4

If I had Tinsley money I would adopt some children and not worry about the husband.  There are many children who need homes. She seems like she would be very loving.  Her mom can make them stockings for Christmas. 

• Love 15
18 hours ago, Dutchgirl said:

Can't imagine how is ex and his kids feel. I like Bethenny, but why would anyone have a grief therapy session on camera, especially when she's already dating again? I don't know, seems a little high on the sociopathic scale... 

If her current guy watches this episode and doesn't run for the hills he deserves whatever batshit hell is coming his way. I just hope he keeps his kids far away from this crazy.

• Love 10

The whole purpose for that "therapy" session being filmed was so that Bethenny could write and insert her own self serving script into the show. Just another means for her to control the narrative and get her made up story out there. This will be an entire chapter in Bryn's future tell all book, "Bethenny Dearest".

Bethenny needed to reserve Hannah's room because the "fish room" would have been the  ultimate allergy death of her, and then Bryn would have to be raised by those Hoppy Monsters.

• LOL 15
  • Love 9
32 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

That'd be rich wouldn't it?  Bethenny Frankel; the only person in recorded history with a fin fish allergy, to actually die from taxidermal fin fish.

The fin fish allergy, "fin"ished her off when she took that trip to Finland.  

It's always fin and games until someone dies from fin fish allergy.  😞 

• LOL 14
  • Love 6
(edited)

I'm amazed that people still think that what happens on this show has any relationship to real life. TInsley in the hot seat at the yacht lunch, Bethenny's therapy session, LuAnn's fish room outrage, Ramona and Sonja's giggle fest and whatever else happened is either staged or entirely scripted by production.  

Edited by AnnA
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3
11 minutes ago, AnnA said:

I'm amazed that people still think that what happens on this show has any relationship to real life. TInsley in the hot seat at the yacht lunch, Bethenny's therapy session, LuAnn's fish room outrage, Ramona and Sonja's giggle fest and whatever else happened is either staged or entirely scripted by production.  

The situations may be staged, but these bitches show exactly who they are deep down.

Luann is an elitist hypocrite, Ramona is an emotionally stunted POS, Sonja is a deluded wacko, Dorinda is a trashbag drunk, Tinsley is an airhead with 0 self esteem, and Bethenny is a neurotic mess who needs a 24/7 valium drip.

If these are characters they are playing and they are totally different irl, then move over Katherine Hepburn, this cast deserves ALL of the Oscars.

• Love 24
6 minutes ago, WhoaWhoKnew said:

The situations may be staged, but these bitches show exactly who they are deep down.

Luann is an elitist hypocrite, Ramona is an emotionally stunted POS, Sonja is a deluded wacko, Dorinda is a trashbag drunk, Tinsley is an airhead with 0 self esteem, and Bethenny is a neurotic mess who needs a 24/7 valium drip.

If these are characters they are playing and they are totally different irl, then move over Katherine Hepburn, this cast deserves ALL of the Oscars.

OK.   I can see that but I do think they're all only doing what's expected of them to keep their Apple.   

• Love 5
(edited)
On 4/5/2019 at 11:17 AM, Reality police said:

For those who haven't seen it, here is the shark room.

dorinda-rhony-berkshire-house-1.jpg

For a guest room as long as I gave a somewhat comfortable bed, a place to put my suitcase, decent lighting, an electric outlet, and access to a bathroom I'm good.  I'll even share with a room/bed mate. I don't bite.

That being said, although it seems to have the things a guest would need, "decorated" as it is, that room is god awful. $500 K a room? Dodo is drinking again if she expects us to believe that.

Lu handled it wrong. She shouldn't have made a fuss. If she really couldn't stand being in the room. After discerning that no other room was available she should have quietly booked a room somewhere else and called a cab to take her there and thanked Dorinda. 

I did that once. I was invited to stay and was given a kid's room when I got there. I appreciated the hospitality but they were not ready to invite guests. They were clueless to a guest's most basic needs. Stuffed animals & toys everywhere, the floor, the bed, every flat surface was used, every drawer full, no nightstand, no lamp, no place to put my suitcase, no peace any time I went into the room that day as I was followed by the child. The bathroom I was to use was just as crowded. I booked a room at the hotel and told them I wasn't thinking,  that I have insomnia and didn't want to disturb other's sleep as I tended to roam and pace at night.

That being said. I have been a guest where I knew ahead of time that my bed was going to be either a couch or a sleeping bag and I'd share a bathroom with a few others. I was fine with that and took my own bedroll.

3 minutes ago, Giselle said:
Edited by Giselle
  • Love 11
3 hours ago, tribeca said:

If I had Tinsley money I would adopt some children and not worry about the husband.  There are many children who need homes. She seems like she would be very loving.  Her mom can make them stockings for Christmas. 

Would you ever let your adopted child anywhere near Dale? She's awful to Tinsley who is her flesh and blood. I shudder at the kind of thing that could slip out of her mouth in front of an adopted child. 

• Love 19
4 hours ago, stcroix said:

Pretend you're in the Caribbean and relax, mon! (plus it's free)

I'm sure she'd be okay with the Fish Room if Doris arranged for a late night visit from Poor Man's Johnny Depp...

• LOL 12
  • Love 3
On 4/4/2019 at 4:58 AM, Duke2801 said:

I wonder if there’s a chapter in Class With the Countess that covers hissyfits over not getting the room you want while you’re a FREAKIN GUEST in somebody’s home? Good lord, she was an unbearable entitled arsehole tonight. It’s like the ski trip all over again where she thought she deserved the biggest room in the house because she was a newlywed. I guess now she deserves it because she’s newly out of rehab? 

Ofc Beth isn’t much better by calling ahead to ensure she gets the room she wants. Because she’s grieving her fiance (while dating her new boyfriend—totes normal! )

I don't particularly think it's a huge problem that Bethenny approached Dorinda privately and asked if she could have Hannah's room.  If she approached it as thank you so much for the invitation, I really appreciate it but I'm a bit overwhelmed, so I'm just going to book a hotel and I'll come over during the day, then I could see Dorinda asking if there was something she could do to make her comfortable at the house.  At which point, if Bethenny said Hannah's room could work, but, she's fine at the hotel, so please don't feel put out, it's up to Dorinda to decide.  Dorinda decided, and I don't see it as horrible.  I have a dedicated guest room and I have an office with a pullout.  If I have multiple sets of guests at the same time, someone has to take the pullout and it's sometimes an obvious decision (parents and kids? Kids get the pullout), but other times, you have to kind of flip for it.  If I had been approached like that, I wouldn't be offended. 

Luann, on the other hand, was demanding she get a better room and also trashing Bethenny for making a request for a room, which I found interesting.  If you're sitting there throwing a tantrum because you got a room you feel is beneath you, how are you seriously going to try to rip someone else apart for asking for a particular room? How are they a bad person for doing something you might possibly be doing if you weren't a rude as fuck bitch?

On 4/4/2019 at 3:22 PM, tranquilidade said:

I think after her recent past she is now out of her social circle of the wealthy set who used to invite her to parties and events.  She is probably trying to get back in so she can meet a rich man to marry.  If you check out who Topper is you will see what I mean.  She doesn't have the wealth to get her into that social circle and she needs the connections.   I bet people dropped her like a hot potato after she got arrested and showed her seedy side. 

Tinsley is in sort of the same situation that Sonja is, I think.  Sonja married into old, old money and while Sonja got a nice chunk of money in the divorce and has kept a decent circle of access, she's no longer a Morgan.  She's shut out of the very inner circle, because she was only ever in it due to her marriage.  Tinsley grew up with money and privilege and had a really nice life.  She went to nice schools, country club circles, etc, but she wasn't in the Topper circle on her own.  Her marriage to him gave her a level of entry into society that she lost when they separated.  Things were further complicated when she had her issues in Palm Beach and it seems like she's constantly striving to get back to where she was as Mrs Topper, much the way Sonja is always trying to recapture being Mrs Morgan.

On 4/4/2019 at 8:20 PM, Claire Voyant said:

What if that room full of fish was all that Dorinda's beloved husband used in his man-cave?  What if those beautiful ocean dwellers mounted on the walls were what made that room Dorinda's most treasured room?  And that's the respect she gets?  W.T.F.  

I wouldn't be rude about it the way that Luann was, but, honestly, if a friend of mine had a room full of taxidermy and it was the guest room, I'd be freaked out.  I don't know why, it's always weirded me out, and I'm not sure I could sleep in there.  I'd be pretty upfront about it, and if it was a house like Dorinda's with like 5 spare bedrooms, I'd just say ahead of time that it wigs me out and I can't sleep in there because I'm a baby.  But, if it was the only spare room they had? I'd likely book a hotel nearby.  We do when we visit family, just to have our own space. 

On 4/5/2019 at 12:27 PM, KungFuBunny said:

I really don't understand why Luann would make such a big deal out of staying in there as she has slept there before - I remember her hanging one of Dorinda's Santa's hats on the shark. A run down of other places Luann has slept.

1) Shouldn't have been a big deal even if she was assigned the fish room, Luann has in the past even when assigned a room will wander elsewhere - Hotel in Florida - room 408

2) Stayed overnight in a jail cell where the only item on the menu was a baloney sandwich

3) Stayed with Sonja at the Crumbling townhouse. Brown ice, no heat, patio filled with dog poop, I'm sure there's deadly mold and the worst offense - every plate she ate off of, every utensil she used and every glass/mug she drank out of - had the funk of Sonja's pussy as the dishwasher was used to clean her sex toys.

As you mentioned, Luann has clearly stayed in worse places than the fish room.  After her behavior, if I were Dorinda, I'd probably slide a bologna sandwich under the door in the am.  

• Love 17
On 4/5/2019 at 3:47 PM, UsernameFatigue said:

I recently was dieting to lose a few pounds, and found myself at times hangry around others. I wonder if Lu was "thangry"? Thirsty for booze and angry that she could not have any?  At least while the cameras were rolling. Her anger at the restaurant really seemed OTT, even for Lu.

Speaking of thirsty, Dale seems to be bobbing for an apple. She really is insufferable. OTOH, I loved Dorinda's sister. More of her, please.

I laughed when Lu could not believe that Tins would not move to Chicago without a ring on her finger. Lu would move anywhere with any guy, as long as there was a penthouse involved. It is a wonder she hasn't made a play for Scott herself. 

I must say though, I love these NY women. So much more entertaining that the BH wives have been this season. 

Oh man, don't give her any ideas.  She is the type of woman who wouldn't let a wife or gf stand in the way of her hooking up with a very wealthy man.  I kinda think her financial house is made of cards.  Sure she has real estate but does she have flowing cash to keep her in the lifestyle she thinks she deserves?  She wouldn't have tried to screw her kids out of their 1/2 of the house if she were flush.  Or maybe she would.  She IS an asshole.  It is too bad really.  Way to waste some viewers good will.  Now I kinda want to see her downfall.  Yeah, she makes me stabby.  I wonder what pills Tom was referring to in that article.  

• Love 10
2 minutes ago, smores said:

I don't particularly think it's a huge problem that Bethenny approached Dorinda privately and asked if she could have Hannah's room.  If she approached it as thank you so much for the invitation, I really appreciate it but I'm a bit overwhelmed, so I'm just going to book a hotel and I'll come over during the day, then I could see Dorinda asking if there was something she could do to make her comfortable at the house.  At which point, if Bethenny said Hannah's room could work, but, she's fine at the hotel, so please don't feel put out, it's up to Dorinda to decide.  Dorinda decided, and I don't see it as horrible.  I have a dedicated guest room and I have an office with a pullout.  If I have multiple sets of guests at the same time, someone has to take the pullout and it's sometimes an obvious decision (parents and kids? Kids get the pullout), but other times, you have to kind of flip for it.  If I had been approached like that, I wouldn't be offended. 

Luann, on the other hand, was demanding she get a better room and also trashing Bethenny for making a request for a room, which I found interesting.  If you're sitting there throwing a tantrum because you got a room you feel is beneath you, how are you seriously going to try to rip someone else apart for asking for a particular room? How are they a bad person for doing something you might possibly be doing if you weren't a rude as fuck bitch?

Tinsley is in sort of the same situation that Sonja is, I think.  Sonja married into old, old money and while Sonja got a nice chunk of money in the divorce and has kept a decent circle of access, she's no longer a Morgan.  She's shut out of the very inner circle, because she was only ever in it due to her marriage.  Tinsley grew up with money and privilege and had a really nice life.  She went to nice schools, country club circles, etc, but she wasn't in the Topper circle on her own.  Her marriage to him gave her a level of entry into society that she lost when they separated.  Things were further complicated when she had her issues in Palm Beach and it seems like she's constantly striving to get back to where she was as Mrs Topper, much the way Sonja is always trying to recapture being Mrs Morgan.

I wouldn't be rude about it the way that Luann was, but, honestly, if a friend of mine had a room full of taxidermy and it was the guest room, I'd be freaked out.  I don't know why, it's always weirded me out, and I'm not sure I could sleep in there.  I'd be pretty upfront about it, and if it was a house like Dorinda's with like 5 spare bedrooms, I'd just say ahead of time that it wigs me out and I can't sleep in there because I'm a baby.  But, if it was the only spare room they had? I'd likely book a hotel nearby.  We do when we visit family, just to have our own space. 

As you mentioned, Luann has clearly stayed in worse places than the fish room.  After her behavior, if I were Dorinda, I'd probably slide a bologna sandwich under the door in the am.  

If you had a friend with a room like that, I'd venture to say that your friend would already be well aware of your feelings about mounted animals on the walls.  I'd even understand that if Lu shared your feelings, but she doesn't.  She's just an entitled c*nt. 

A fabulous, talented legend in HER own mind, but the fact of the matter is she's a tone-deaf, toad with the manners of a wolverine.   The only thing we can count on the countess for is her countless rude comments and crude behavior.  

As I see her now, she's spinning out on a dry drunk and just looking for some idiotic excuse to drink.   That's partly why she's so bitchy.  The rest of her nasty bitchiness is just.the.way.she.is.  NOT a good look for Lulabelle. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 13

How does Ramona’s nose look extra Picasso-y in the red shirt THs?

I...LuAnn.  Oh my.   Her walking out of Bluestone Manor very much alive, shows me something wonderful: Dorinda can change and confront her grief and her dissatisfaction with John and any substance problems because the lady has IMMENSE toughness.   The self-control Dorin showed in not fully flipping out at LuAnn is stunning.

• Love 15

Luann was selfish, rude and snotty. Beth was snotty and entitled by asking for Hannah’s room. If she was so grief stricken (having a grief counseling session on TV with a guy she’d never even seen before?), then stay the hell home and grieve. And how can that be alleviated only by staying in Hannah’s room and not one of the other guest rooms? These women make me crazy. 

• Love 6
25 minutes ago, Gam2 said:

These women make me crazy. 

Well, I gotta say, it's been a really baaaaaaad season to date.

These women don't make me crazy, but they are on the verge of boring me senseless.  I'm invested in the show—it's the last Real Housewives I watch regularly, and sometimes a girl just needs some Real Housewives.  

But unless the producers manufacture some better storylines or conflicts or green jello for Dorinda and LuAnn to wrestle in, I'm out.

• Love 5
On 4/4/2019 at 4:52 PM, Baltimore Betty said:

Bethenny's therapist looks like Paul Mitchell the shampoo guy, right?  Do we think Bethenny is  making Dennis's untimely death all about her?  She mentioned that she was trying to end things with Dennis but not only accepted the big diamond ring but did not give it back when she wanted out of the relalationship, hmmm.

If I was Bethenny, I wouldn’t have gone to that funeral.  I would have went to the cemetery in private to say my goodbyes.  It wasn’t an open coffin anyhow.  That’s just me tho.

• Love 11
18 hours ago, Happy Camper said:

If her current guy watches this episode and doesn't run for the hills he deserves whatever batshit hell is coming his way. I just hope he keeps his kids far away from this crazy.

She was on the gossip page in the Boston Sunday newspaper.  Said her and her boyfriend went out to dinner.  Also that her dogs love Boston.

• Love 1
(edited)

I mean this with actual compassion- every cast member excepting Ramona (aged out, so she’s got to be post menopause and post any hormonal, behavioral explanations) and Tinsley (and she is actually at the right age for peri if a touch young so it’s a little less likely) is at the age to be in perimenopause, when symptoms and difficulties are most intense.  Does anyone else wonder if that accentuates the mania that Beth, Lu, Dorinda exhibit?

Please don’t come at me with “not all women in their 40s and 50s” - mood issues, sleeplessness, bad physical symptoms aren’t anything to be ashamed of and aren’t anyone’s fault, if this isn’t a midlife woman’s experience bully for you, because extremely common hormonal shifts in women aged 45-55 are only rare in a group like this who play along with the idea that for sure a man asks a woman in her 60s to have a baby with him (wink wink Ramona).

I'm just saying, and it’s not a criticism (except for the fact that they can afford help!  Help besides snorting or drinking yourself to feeling better.) The women are extra nuts this season with much less provocation.

Edited by Midnight Cheese
  • Love 6
17 hours ago, Giselle said:

For a guest room as long as I gave a somewhat comfortable bed, a place to put my suitcase, decent lighting, an electric outlet, and access to a bathroom I'm good.  I'll even share with a room/bed mate. I don't bite.

That being said, although it seems to have the things a guest would need, "decorated" as it is, that room is god awful. $500 K a room? Dodo is drinking again if she expects us to believe that.

Lu handled it wrong. She shouldn't have made a fuss. If she really couldn't stand being in the room. After discerning that no other room was available she should have quietly booked a room somewhere else and called a cab to take her there and thanked Dorinda. 

I did that once. I was invited to stay and was given a kid's room when I got there. I appreciated the hospitality but they were not ready to invite guests. They were clueless to a guest's most basic needs. Stuffed animals & toys everywhere, the floor, the bed, every flat surface was used, every drawer full, no nightstand, no lamp, no place to put my suitcase, no peace any time I went into the room that day as I was followed by the child. The bathroom I was to use was just as crowded. I booked a room at the hotel and told them I wasn't thinking,  that I have insomnia and didn't want to disturb other's sleep as I tended to roam and pace at night.

That being said. I have been a guest where I knew ahead of time that my bed was going to be either a couch or a sleeping bag and I'd share a bathroom with a few others. I was fine with that and took my own bedroll.

I agree.  I think Dorinda has the worst taste.  In one sense, it's refreshing to see someone wealthy have a house decorated like the average person (actually I think her taste is worse than the average person), but to me, it would not be a house I'd be dying to stay in.

6 minutes ago, Midnight Cheese said:

I mean this with actual compassion- every cast member excepting Ramona (aged out, so she’s got to be post menopause and post any hormonal, behavioral explanations) and Tinsley (and she is at the right age of a touch young so it’s a hair less likely) is at the age to be in perimenopause, when symptoms and difficulties are intense.  Does anyone else wonder if that accentuates the mania that Beth, Lu, Dorinda exhibit?

Please don’t come at me with “not all women in their 40s and 50s” - mood issues, sleeplessness, bad physical symptoms aren’t anything to be ashamed of and aren’t anyone’s fault, and they’re only uncommon amongst people that pretend nothing’s going on and a man routinely asks a woman in her 60s to have a baby with him (wink wink Ramona...I’m sure that happened).

I'm just saying.  The women are extra nuts this season with much less provocation.

I'm 51.  The struggle is real!  Hormones up and down.  Erratic behavior.  I've exhibited all of this!  Fortunately the symptoms are calming down.  I"m a very easy going person in general, but having the hormonal swings made me feel like a completely different person.

• Love 13
(edited)
20 hours ago, Midnight Cheese said:

Does anyone else wonder if that accentuates the mania that Beth, Lu, Dorinda exhibit?

Not that hormones don't play a role in these things, but I think a lot their behavior is attributable to their life experiences.  Tinsley has been through a divorce and then was beaten up, and she's got a mother constantly hammering at her self-worth;   Ramona and LuAnn have been cheated on (which can really take a toll on one's psyche and self-esteem);  Dorinda's husband passing is a huge deal, of course;  LuAnn has been on the highest peak with being a Countess and living that lifestyle, then to the lowest of lows being arrested; Bethenny is just all over the place.  I really don't know what to believe from her childhood, but I do know that her emotions are all effed up.  I think out of all of them, hormones might make things especially worse for her. Of course all of the booze they consume doesn't help!

Edited by ChitChat
  • Love 5

I can relate to what you’re writing, ChitChat, and I don’t mean to discount life experiences.  Lu, Beth and Dorinda seem extra-extra to me in less trying circumstances (not trying to get into the Dennis thing, but still).  I don’t think the “Forever I’m 21 no 31 no 39 and holding!” thing is working for these ladies and I’m ride or die for RHNY, even the ones I can’t stand...

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Midnight Cheese said:

Lu, Beth and Dorinda seem extra-extra to me in less trying circumstances (not trying to get into the Dennis thing, but still).

Yeah, everybody handles life's ups and downs differently (no judgment,) and some of the ladies don't seem to cope very well unless they're drinking.  

• Love 3
(edited)
5 hours ago, Midnight Cheese said:

I mean this with actual compassion- every cast member excepting Ramona (aged out, so she’s got to be post menopause and post any hormonal, behavioral explanations) and Tinsley (and she is actually at the right age for peri if a touch young so it’s a little less likely) is at the age to be in perimenopause, when symptoms and difficulties are most intense.  Does anyone else wonder if that accentuates the mania that Beth, Lu, Dorinda exhibit?

Please don’t come at me with “not all women in their 40s and 50s” - mood issues, sleeplessness, bad physical symptoms aren’t anything to be ashamed of and aren’t anyone’s fault, if this isn’t a midlife woman’s experience bully for you, because extremely common hormonal shifts in women aged 45-55 are only rare in a group like this who play along with the idea that for sure a man asks a woman in her 60s to have a baby with him (wink wink Ramona).

I'm just saying, and it’s not a criticism (except for the fact that they can afford help!  Help besides snorting or drinking yourself to feeling better.) The women are extra nuts this season with much less provocation.

I think they are all nuts and contribute a lot of their behavior to menopause.  They are either drinking or on Xanax, so they say, or both.  I am finished with the curse a long time now and still get PMS.  My doctor and everyone else laughs at me, but I know my body, and every month, the same date, I get nuts, headache, crampy, shaking, tired and want to kill someone.  Nobody can tell me it’s in my mind.  These women have the stress of no man, staying in shape, going out at night, kids leaving home and doing the show.  A few more years and they won’t be so peppy.  Dorinda looks like she’s had it.  Bethenny is on a rollercoaster, but she’s still young.  The rest drink.  I wish I could drink, but it gives me a headache, so I don’t.  Pills are hard to get unless you are somebody. So, it’s suffer, suffer, suffer.  Tinsley should tell Scott to shit or get off the pot.  The eggs are ticking.  He owes her a yes or no.  Screw the ring.  Go to Vegas and get married already.  Tell Dale to go home and mind her business.  Tinsley is still reporting to her.

Edited by Gem 10
  • Love 6
On 4/6/2019 at 12:14 PM, whydoievencare said:

Bethenny likes to emote on camera - remember when Cookie died?  She had to post a video of herself lying in bed and crying.  Bethenny does everything out loud.  The therapist is there to validate her feels for the viewing public.  I don't get it and I don't roll that way myself.

Bethenny reminds me of that Warren Beatty quote from Madonna's Truth or Dare documentary.

Warren Beatty : [after Madonna declines to talk to her doctor off-camera]  She doesn't want to live off-camera, much less talk. There's nothing to say off-camera. Why would you say something if it's off-camera? What point is there existing?

• LOL 1
  • Love 15
On 4/6/2019 at 4:24 PM, Happy Camper said:

The whole purpose for that "therapy" session being filmed was so that Bethenny could write and insert her own self serving script into the show. Just another means for her to control the narrative and get her made up story out there. This will be an entire chapter in Bryn's future tell all book, "Bethenny Dearest".

Bethenny needed to reserve Hannah's room because the "fish room" would have been the  ultimate allergy death of her, and then Bryn would have to be raised by those Hoppy Monsters.

Fuckin A this is a beautiful post. 

On 4/6/2019 at 12:57 AM, njbchlover said:

Carson asked on his insta recently for fans to write in to BRAVO and ask for more Get A Room so get writing !!!!!! Great idea  I would LOVE for a Get A Room on demand rescue , for Instance, Barb the Builders  clearance t j Maxx house, then the Fish Room, the Van Kempens redrum bordello, Ramona’s Del Boca Vista Hamptons House (god pls. help her w that monstrosity), staging Sonja’s townhouse for rental and reality! The possibilities are ENDLESS. And I’m totally there for it.   

• Love 14
(edited)
2 hours ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

Carson asked on his insta recently for fans to write in to BRAVO and ask for more Get A Room so get writing !!!!!! Great idea  I would LOVE for a Get A Room on demand rescue , for Instance, Barb the Builders  clearance t j Maxx house, then the Fish Room, the Van Kempens redrum bordello, Ramona’s Del Boca Vista Hamptons House (god pls. help her w that monstrosity), staging Sonja’s townhouse for rental and reality! The possibilities are ENDLESS. And I’m totally there for it.   

I know this is not NY, but I nominate NJ Siggy’s place in Boca with the pictures of herself all over the walls (I would nominate Scheana from VPR, but she has moved on from that decor since her divorce and replaced huge wedding photos with lots of sunglasses displays).

I would DIE to see them take on Sonja’s townhouse. That would be epic. Barb’s place definitely needs a makeover, but I’m done with seeing Barb. She needs to take her toolkit and go home to her Pier One display of a home.

Edited by MrsWitter
  • Love 9
(edited)

I don’t know much about Carson but I am not a huge fan of decorators.  They take all the personality out of home.  Dorinda’s decor is clean, clutter, old school and/or whimsical.  Bethany’s apartment is white, sterile and not inviting.  LuAnnes Sag harbor home was the most inviting.  Sonya’s townhouse and apartment was loud and messy.  Romona is a little tacky.  JMHO 

i also know of many decorators who shop at TJMaxx then recharge their clients huge markups.  

Edited by tribeca
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

I would like them to come to my house first, but I don't think I can afford them!  🙂

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
52 minutes ago, tribeca said:

I don’t know much about Carson but I am not a huge fan of decorators.  They take all the personality out of home.  Dorinda’s decor is clean, clutter, old school and/or whimsical.  Bethany’s apartment is white, sterile and not inviting.  LuAnnes Sag harbor home was the most inviting.  Sonya’s townhouse and apartment was loud and messy.  Romona is a little tacky.  JMHO 

i also know of many decorators who shop at TJMaxx then recharge their clients huge markups.  

"Decorators' Day" happens at our local HomeGoods all the time.  Apparently, from what I've heard, certain decorators have the HomeGoods employees on a sort of "retainer".  The employees will contact the decorators when their shipments come in, and tell them what's there, so the decorators can be first in line in the morning.  I've also heard that some of inventory in the shipments is held back for the decorators that tip well.  

The decorators then will charge their clients the non-HomeGoods price (the higher price on the pricetag), plus a markup.

I agree with most of your comments about the housewive's homes, but I kind of like Ramona's re-decorating in both her NY apartment and her Hamptons house.

Oh - and I think that Bethenny does a lot of home accessory shopping in Home Goods, too.

• Useful 3
  • Love 3

I looked at Tinsley's IG today and it's just a bunch of vapid party photos. I think the whole I-want-to-be-married-with-kids stuff is just for the show. She seems to be enjoying her life as a 40something party girl as-is.

• Love 4
(edited)
On 4/6/2019 at 7:02 PM, HunterHunted said:

Would you ever let your adopted child anywhere near Dale? She's awful to Tinsley who is her flesh and blood. I shudder at the kind of thing that could slip out of her mouth in front of an adopted child. 

If Tinsley does really want a child (or another marriage), I hope she decides to get some serious therapy. Plenty of people grow up with problematic parents like Dale, but Tins is so totally enmeshed with her mother and that’s the real problem. I wonder if they’ve always been like this or whether it’s intensified since her father’s death? And I wonder what kind of relationship Dabney has with Dale?

I’m all for Tins having a kid or adopting a kid if she wants to because I think she has the potential to be a good mom, but you’re right about Dale and what she might say to an adopted child (or any child). Tinsley really needs to learn how to detach from Dale and stand up to Dale (ESPECIALLY if a child is involved). Oh, and make voting “her thing,” hopefully (I like Tinsley but I am still stuck on that comment from her first reunion and hope she’s matured a bit re: social engagement/caring about the world).

Edited by MrsWitter
Trying to fix spacing... with little success
  • Love 4

I didn’t get Bethennys therapy session at all.  She loves Dennis, she wasn’t going with Dennis, she met the Boston guy, she’s going out with the Boston guy, she still loves Dennis, etc.etc.  What is it she’s trying to say exactly?  She needs to chill and not go with anybody until she finds herself.  She is a total wreck.

• Love 7