Type keyword(s) to search

S17.E03: All the Rage

• Start Topic

On 3/28/2019 at 9:32 PM, MerBearStare said:

I'm glad Kovid redeemed himself this week. His personality could be a lot with some people, but he manages to not be grating.

IMO, Kovid is *beyond* grating.   Watching and listening to him, I keep myself grounded by imagining smashing him into the ground with a giant mallet a la Whack-A-Mole.

Hate that Hester won because it only validates all her narcissism.

Was Marni played by Judith Light?

Edited by millennium
  • LOL 10
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, HappyDancex2 said:

It's funny because as I read this and laughed, I actually thought of Christian during his season.   His voice was almost exaggerated, he had catch phrases, exasperated sighs....he tried his hardest to be so unique and edgy and fabulous that he was exhausting.   It was difficult to deny how fast he sewed, how locked in his actual design vision was or how talented he was.....after winning all of that nonsense that made him so exhausting peeled off.

It probably won't happen for Hester because well...Marni.   LOL

Also - Christian was 21 at the time.  Hester is 34!    

• Love 16
7 hours ago, KLovestoShop said:

When they take a closer look at the garments, I see a lot of bad sewing, unfinished work and a whole lot of unhemmed and tattered edges.

The winning picnic tablecloth had a horrible, horrible hem at the bottom of the crop top (IIRC). It was curling up at the bottom! And they are right there next to it, just about touching it, and they didn't say anything! (At least as presented to us)

• Love 5
16 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

What's wrong with Hester? I think its a lovely name-it was on my short list when I was pregnant. (I had a boy though). Except I'm from the Boston area, so it would be more like "Hesta". Also why I ditched "Trevor" for a boy, when a friend said "Oh TREVA! That's nice!" Um, no. 

Single vision glasses are insanely cheap these days if you buy them online. I wear progressives, so mine cost about $60-80 a pair, and I always have 2 or 3 pairs in rotation since they're so cheap. (the last pair of glasses I bought at a brick and mortar optical shop, even with a substantial discount, were $400). And I can get single visions for my son for $20. Glasses can be a fashion accessory now without breaking the bank.

Ha, my sister's husband is from Boston but he somehow has NO accent. Specifically for this reason, whenever I'm on the phone with my sister, Mr. EB says, "Ask him to say SUMMA! LOBSTA! CAHHHH!"

If Hester's vision isn't too bad, she might also just be buying low powered glasses at Target or Cost Co. A friend of mine always hs the cutest glasses so I just assumed that she was getting them from an optometrist or online glasses site but nope.

12 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

I loved the challenge where the designers got to design their own prints!  Hope they do that again.

12 hours ago, Ilovepie said:

Except this crew would just make stripes and plaid prints..........zzzzzzzzzzzz

"Look at my amazing custom print! No, it's not just solid back fabric. There's a tiny triangle pattern in charcoal on the black fabric!"

10 hours ago, WatchrTina said:

Amen!  Why did they do away with that? I thought the fighting over the best models via the button bag added to the show.  And I don't like the idea that the most aggressive, pushy, person gets first dibs on the remaining models (which is basically what happens when they are grabbing at photos.)

I wonder if they were worried that the button bag would result in all the plus-size models going home first -- thus defeating the whole purpose of including them in the mix?

I'd be fine with Karlie pulling a designer's name from the bag and then pulling a model's name from another bag. Anything to stop the weekly scrum.

7 hours ago, Fukui San said:

Now with the mix of skinny and plus size models, it's good that it's a mad grab and not a schoolyard pick. Is it "if you touch a card, you must take it"?

1 hour ago, dleighg said:

I got the impression that this is more or less how it works. 

This week I definitely saw one designer grab a card, look at it, put it back on the shelf, and take another one. It happened very quickly and I don't remember who it was. The way that Karlie described the process this week made it sound like they had to take whichever card they touched first, but I wonder if that's an actual rule the designers were told.

• Love 2
On 3/29/2019 at 2:11 PM, Lemons said:

Ok, let’s be honest, the reason high fashion has always used tall skinny women is that the clothes look better.  They hang better, and the flatter chests make clothes look more expensive.   Nadine’s model did suck and it was a disadvantage.  But her outfit sucked anyway. 

What was so despicable about all designers in the past and and even today is they didn’t make the clothes in sizes higher than size 12 as if women over that size didn’t exist.  

Adam Selman uses super skinny models so he shouldn’t comment. 

I’d love to know why/how?

• Love 1
20 hours ago, politichick said:

I completely agree with the all thin/all plus size. It is not a level playing field when there is so much variety.

With respect, I disagree with this.

These folks are supposed to be fashion designers looking to be or already are professionals. In the real world, people come in different sizes. IMO to just have to deal with typically tall, slender, likely perfectly proportioned models is a cheat and a cop out. Obviously it makes things easier to a degree--yes, most garments look better on a Giselle or Iman or whomever but if you actually want a career you would do well to be able to diversify, ala Christian who's known for being able to compliment all body types.

In addition as the model/designer pairings change, eventually they all have top cope with the same issues--making the overall playing field fairly equal.

Single vision glasses are insanely cheap these days if you buy them online.

Personally I get my reading glasses at the local Odd Job for $3 a pair. They work just fine and, I have multiple pairs and don't care if I lose or break them. Just saying.

Edited by Beden
  • Love 5

I don't think the name Hester is the problem... it's the Sunshine part. There is no way that is her real last name. No way. Add the kitschy clothing and her entitled affect and you have the character of Hester Sunshine, the designer that nobody understands. Boo hoo. 

I just visited her website and she makes all those silly little hats of hers. OK, now I get it. She's a walking billboard for her tacky accessories. She really does think she's Betsey Johnson 2.0. Got it.

She can go any time now and go back to making black bunny ears and such. 

Sebastian, that guy has talent for days. His garment was amazing. There are so many designers I'd like to see more from. Next week should be very interesting. Making everything on site? Yikes.

Edited by jackjill89
  • Love 15
On 3/28/2019 at 9:15 PM, njbchlover said:

I'll be curious to see if Hester can move past her quirkiness to be able to create more mainstream garments.

According to her, she has previously toned down her quirkiness to appear normal and design mainstream clothes. It sounded like she meant until this week, so I'm a little bit afraid of what she thinks is not mainstream if she thinks what she was before is mainstream.

On 3/28/2019 at 9:57 PM, jacksgirl said:

Loving the "NewOld PR". Bravo sure wins this one. I like the top three also, but Hester's looks so much simpler than Sebastian's and Kovid's. Sebastian's was classic and elegant and moved beautifully. Kovid's was colorful and modern. Hester's was cute, but she has nowhere near the talent level thus far in the competition as Sebastian does.

I don't see Hester as willing to be a housekeeper/cleaner (I don't remember the term Sebastian used, but the impression I got was not that he cleaned houses, but that he worked on a housekeeping staff at a hotel or other business) just to be able to buy fabric and do what she wanted.

On 3/29/2019 at 5:13 AM, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Anyway, I like Garo's pink and grey striped outfit. It looked great on his model and I loved how sharp all the lines looked. I think that the problem with the fabric was the colors. That shade of pink and that darker shade of grey were reminiscent of sweatshirts and sweatpants, which is why I think Brandon said it looked like a Jazzercise outfit.

The pink and gray were very 1980s. I remember having a polka dot dress my mom made me in those colors.

On 3/29/2019 at 7:19 AM, Suzysite said:

Gotta say, I'm side-eyeing Hester's story about one teacher getting her kicked out of design school for being too quirky.   Sure Jan.   I want to see her grades.   Methinks she flunked out and is making herself the victim.

But that was how the teacher got her kicked out. He flunked her instead of giving her extra help/extra credit/extra time so she could pass the class. It wasn't her fault she couldn't do the work. I would not say she's on the spectrum -- because I wouldn't know and people who would know better than me have said she doesn't present that way at all -- but I wonder if in school (not fashion or design school, but high school) she had some reason to have an individualized education program plan that allowed her extra time or help, and the design school wouldn't do that because they didn't have to, so she felt is was unfair to her that she didn't get extra help or time.

20 hours ago, dleighg said:

I think she got that instruction from the stylist, but I'm not sure that's really what the stylist meant. I think the stylist just meant that by the way it was folded or draped or seamed, it would look different ways.

And it is NOT A GAS MASK. This is a gas mask:

gasmask.jpg

I was hoping Kovid was going to do something like that, although I couldn't figure out how. I think it would have been cool on the runway, though, especially in his print.

Nadine's model might be better in print, but only if she had a good photographer who would direct her. In the picture at the end of the runway, she looks pregnant, and it's not because she's larger or because of the design. It's all in the way she's standing:

project-runway-1703-runway-11.jpg?itok=q

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
5 minutes ago, rlc said:

Really impressed with Sonia’s work so far. It’s a shame the judges haven’t seemed to notice so far.

Yes!  I thought I was the only one that really was impressed by her work. I have liked everything she did so far.  

• Love 7
12 hours ago, Fukui San said:

I'm wondering...  After Karlie announced Nadine as out, Nina did an additional "This is why we didn't like you" spiel which seemed unkind.  I don't remember them ever doing that before, though I have missed a number of seasons. Was this new? If so, was it intentional to get a reaction out of Nadine? Usually it's "Sorry! Best of luck. *kiss* *kiss*" at that point.

I noticed that too and it really pissed me off.  This is why I respect Nadine for simply walking out.  Karlie wanted to ask Nadine how she was feeling because they were determined to make her cry or break down in some way.  They did to her what they condemned her for doing to the model.  It wasn't enough to eliminate her; they wanted to put her in her place.  Why the fuck should she waste an additional second on a 'design' competition where design wasn't the most important thing? 

• Useful 3
  • Love 5
On 3/28/2019 at 10:35 PM, Suzysite said:

Could someone please explain to the judges the difference between a garter belt and a garter?   The band on the leg is a garter.  No belt.

Yes! I guess they're all too young to know the difference. I actually wore a garter belt and stockings before pantyhose were invented. Now I don't wear either. If a groom tossed a garter belt instead of a garter at a wedding reception, there could be some serious injuries. 😄

• LOL 14
  • Love 6

Maybe it's just me, but I'm getting a weird vibe from this season.  I realize and accept the newness of it but the feel is off.  

Karlie reminds me of a Stepford type host and Christian, who I love, seems befuddled most of the time.  Also, many of the designers seem out of their league.  They're simply awful!  

I have never missed a season of PR or PRAS and I know some seasons are off balance and may not necessarily gel but this season is...odd.

Maybe I'll feel differently as things progress.

• Love 3
On 3/29/2019 at 12:46 AM, Refresh said:

I will be curious to see if this season, any design modeled by a larger model wins. And that’s because I think Nina has a bias and/or a certain way she thinks larger women should dress.  But I hope I’m wrong. 

Yeah, I’m keeping an on this, too. Just waiting for sometime mid-season when a producer points it out behind the scenes and we all of a sudden get some inexplicable “top” looks that just “flatter her gorgeous curves so impeccably,” 🙄

• Love 4
16 hours ago, VMepicgrl said:

I also laughed out loud and said something like, "You're saying something is dated?" I've been seeing men with mustaches more often now than I have in a long time, so I thought it was making a comeback. Like I mentioned, I am not happy about it. As as single woman, I do not find mustaches attractive. Particularly in young-ish guys. 

I hate giant messy dry beards and that has been a young hipster trend for a while.

13 hours ago, HappyDancex2 said:

Anyone remember Regretsy?

When DIY meets WTF!

https://www.goodhousekeeping.com/home/craft-ideas/how-to/g2191/craft-disasters-regretsy/

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, auntlada said:

According to her, she has previously toned down her quirkiness to appear normal and design mainstream clothes. It sounded like she meant until this week, so I'm a little bit afraid of what she thinks is not mainstream if she thinks what she was before is mainstream.

I don't see Hester as willing to be a housekeeper/cleaner (I don't remember the term Sebastian used, but the impression I got was not that he cleaned houses, but that he worked on a housekeeping staff at a hotel or other business) just to be able to buy fabric and do what she wanted.

The pink and gray were very 1980s. I remember having a polka dot dress my mom made me in those colors.

But that was how the teacher got her kicked out. He flunked her instead of giving her extra help/extra credit/extra time so she could pass the class. It wasn't her fault she couldn't do the work. I would not say she's on the spectrum -- because I wouldn't know and people who would know better than me have said she doesn't present that way at all -- but I wonder if in school (not fashion or design school, but high school) she had some reason to have an individualized education program plan that allowed her extra time or help, and the design school wouldn't do that because they didn't have to, so she felt is was unfair to her that she didn't get extra help or time.

I was hoping Kovid was going to do something like that, although I couldn't figure out how. I think it would have been cool on the runway, though, especially in his print.

Nadine's model might be better in print, but only if she had a good photographer who would direct her. In the picture at the end of the runway, she looks pregnant, and it's not because she's larger or because of the design. It's all in the way she's standing:

project-runway-1703-runway-11.jpg?itok=q

It almost looks like a cow costume. The model was bad (not because of her size... her walk was horrible) but the best model in the world could not save this mess. Covering the shoes actually make them look like hooves.

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, qtpye said:

I hate giant messy dry beards and that has been a young hipster trend for a while.

When DIY meets WTF!

https://www.goodhousekeeping.com/home/craft-ideas/how-to/g2191/craft-disasters-regretsy/

That's the other thing I hate. Was going to mention it but thought it might be too off-topic, lol. I'm not a big fan of facial hair in general, but I can deal with a short, neat beard or whatever. But those huge, long beards are disgusting. 

• Love 6

I was so disappointed with the prints like most of you. One of the prettiest dresses I have ever seen was by Deyonte. Would have put these guys to shame. And it was not on a size 0. 

Project-Runway-Season-16-Episode-1-Runway-Looks-Lifetime-TV-Reviews-Tom-Lorenzo-Site-Deyonte (1).jpg

Edited by Reality police
I can't type
  • Love 20
2 hours ago, BryroseA said:

Yeah, I’m keeping an on this, too. Just waiting for sometime mid-season when a producer points it out behind the scenes and we all of a sudden get some inexplicable “top” looks that just “flatter her gorgeous curves so impeccably,” 🙄

If the designers are seeing a bias against the larger-sized models, I can understand why they may feel unhappy about being assigned one.  

Nadine certainly did have some attitude during the judging and being sent home, but behind the bluster and angry words, I thought I saw something I relate strongly to - I will do almost anything not to cry in front of other people, and to me she looked near tears and desperate not to give way to them in front of the camera.  Could be just projection on my part, of course.  Since she had already expressed a desire to be gone, it's good she was the one to go, but she still could have hurt feelings about the judges' tone, which wasn't really any better than what she did to her model.  Lack of professionalism on both sides.  

• Love 8
7 hours ago, Beden said:

In addition as the model/designer pairings change, eventually they all have top cope with the same issues--making the overall playing field fairly equal.

But the playing field isn't equal in each challenge, and the designers survive challenge by challenge.  That's why I like a designated "curvy girl" challenge, where all the designers have a big model at the same time.  That takes away any advantage (judges cutting slack because of the model or giving credit for the designer making the model look good) or disadvantage (clothes look better on skinny models) for designers who get one of the curvy models in a given challenge.

The playing field can't always be perfectly level--some skinny models are better than others--but it can be a lot more level than having token curvy models in the mix. 

Personally I get my reading glasses at the local Odd Job for $3 a pair. They work just fine and, I have multiple pairs and don't care if I lose or break them. Just saying.

Most young people who wear glasses are near-sighted, so they can't buy their glasses off the rack like that.

• Love 6

My favourites were Kovid and Sebastian and Tessa so I was really happy with the result.  After episode 2 I am not really a fan of Tessa's personality but I liked her outfit (even though she didn't agree) and I thought it was really creative and a creative use of print.

My least favourite was the animal outfit.  I really wanted to like Nadine but she made it so hard.  The poor woman was miserable.  It looked like an animal onesie you'd wear to a costume party.  Not great.

I hated the judges' criticisms of that one outfit for not being a print.  It was like a houndstooth or a plaid or something.  How is that not a print?  (The bald designer who did a lot of stitching and draping.)

I think it would serve well for somebody to talk to Christian about not denigrating "old lady" fashion every week.  It's getting really irritating.  I'm a fan of his, but this is a sticking point for me.

21 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

I don't need to know her this well.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 8

Nadine was awful. And a sore loser in my opinion. There were a few shots of Tessa looking really uncomfortable as Nadine trash talked her own model. 

Kovid is just SO MUCH. Maybe I’m a cranky old lady but the hopping up and down and laughing and clapping grates on my nerves. 

More importantly-I hope we see Swatch next episode!! 

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

I hated the judges' criticisms of that one outfit for not being a print.  It was like a houndstooth or a plaid or something.  How is that not a print? 

It looked like a glen plaid to me, though I heard the designer refer to it as houndstooth.  It didn't look like houndstooth to me, unless it was a very tiny, could only be seen up close houndstooth.

I think it would serve well for somebody to talk to Christian about not denigrating "old lady" fashion every week.  It's getting really irritating.

Definitely agree on this.  Unfortunately the fashion industry and PR worship youth.  Where is Iris Apfel when you need her?

• Love 11

I hated the judges' criticisms of that one outfit for not being a print.  It was like a houndstooth or a plaid or something.  How is that not a print?  (The bald designer who did a lot of stitching and draping.)

I think perhaps it's not a print because it's woven, not "printed." I don't care much, but it was about the most boring "print" possible, other than (perhaps) a pin dot or a pinstripe (both of which I think are actually 'printed'). But I honestly believe it's more boring than both of those.

• Love 6
13 hours ago, dleighg said:

The winning picnic tablecloth had a horrible, horrible hem at the bottom of the crop top (IIRC). It was curling up at the bottom! And they are right there next to it, just about touching it, and they didn't say anything! (At least as presented to us)

Did I see threads hanging down from the hem too?  I hated that outfit.  Seriously?  Red and white gingham?  These designers would not recognize a print if it bit them on the nose.  I do not think plaid or Glen plaid or stripes are "prints."  Despite Christian's direction.  Green camo?  Ugh.  I actually liked the print snotty monochromatic Tessa picked; of course, she hated it.  And Nadine, I am a "curvy" girl and I love wearing prints.  If I could ever find any because most designers buy into your repressive POV.  We know we're large.  We don't have to wear black because it's "slimming" because it's not slimming.  We're still fat!

I am tired of Manic Pixie Dream Girl and Crying Kovid taking all the air in the room.  There are several designers that not only do I not know their names but I couldn't pick them out of a police line-up.

• Love 17
1 hour ago, hookedontv said:

Nadine was awful. And a sore loser in my opinion. There were a few shots of Tessa looking really uncomfortable as Nadine trash talked her own model. 

Kovid is just SO MUCH. Maybe I’m a cranky old lady but the hopping up and down and laughing and clapping grates on my nerves. 

More importantly-I hope we see Swatch next episode!! 

Kovid: aw so precious, so dramatic, so fake!!  I hate his shtick & I get why Nadine left. He had to be on her last nerve.  #teamSebastian

• Love 7

Ok so Nadine’s model Kate was Frankie’s model the first episode when she was almost eliminated (and when Frankie completely blamed the her measurements as the reason she had to rework the outfit in the last two hours) and Rakan’s model for his hospital gown monstrosity in episode 2 (which likely would have put him in the bottom if there hadn’t been a worse team). Cant wait to see what they put her in next week! Poor Kate. She really can’t walk, she can’t pose at the end of the runway without doing something strange with her hands, and she can’t stop making duck face. 

• Love 8
5 minutes ago, Red Bridey said:

Who's Sonia?

Is she the "older lady?" (I'm an older lady so I'm allowed to say that). There's been a gray-haired woman who has gotten about 10 seconds of air time.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
20 hours ago, Fukui San said:

"This is why we didn't like you" spiel which seemed unkind.  I don't remember them ever doing that before, though I have missed a number of seasons.

I thought that really stuck out too.  I got the sense that Nina took a real personal dislike to her and wondered if more went down that wasn't shown but filtered through to the judges.  Don't they usually send the loser off with some words about their promising future? She basically got , This is why you suck and don't let the door hit you in the ass on your way out.  

On 3/29/2019 at 1:46 PM, StatisticalOutlier said:

I laughed out loud when the word "dated" came out of the mouth obscured by that mustache.  Because, seriously??  As far as I can tell, it hasn't made a comeback, and even Freddie Mercury looked ridiculous in that mustache when it was current.  

If he had been announced as the newest member of The Village People back in the day I wouldn't have batted an eye at that. The whole look would have fit right in.

• LOL 4
  • Love 12
2 hours ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

The playing field can't always be perfectly level--some skinny models are better than others--but it can be a lot more level than having token curvy models in the mix. 

Yeah. There are two issues in play, the shape of the models and whether or not they're good walkers. Kate is larger/curvier and doesn't walk well. Last season Lyris was a great walker BUT she didn't win any challenges. She was in the top a lot  which I give credit to her and not necessarily the designs, both that Brandon crop top and the faux fur dress? Uh yeah. All her selling it. Monique (of flower dress win) won 2.

I know someone said upthread that clothes look better/more expensive on thinner models and i do not agree. I do think that it's easier to design for a thinner model because there aren't as many differences in curves that you have to accomodate.

The first thing i ever sewed was a tube skirt out of plain cotton woven with an elastic waist and it looked good on me because i was 10 and had no curves. Now I have a dress form and I ended up padding it to my specific measurements (a friend of mine is a wedding dress designer and taught me that trick) because the adjustable settings only got me part of the way there. With adjustable dress forms (or at least the one i could afford ) it makes everything bigger in order to meet a measurement- having a large bust measurement doesn't mean my back is wide, but it might for someone else with the same measurement.

Curves add complexity, is my point. And these designers should have the skills to know how to design for curves.

45 minutes ago, Red Bridey said:

I saw the curling as well, you could see the hem coming down, like she didn't even tack it? I still like the design for some reason (probs bc i like gingham, darnit) but it was NOT well sewn.

10 hours ago, jackjill89 said:

it's the Sunshine part. There is no way that is her real last name. No way.

I know 2 people with the last name Sunshine (not related to each other). Not a common surname but in my world it's not that rare.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, oldCJ said:

Ok so Nadine’s model Kate was Frankie’s model the first episode when she was almost eliminated (and when Frankie completely blamed the her measurements as the reason she had to rework the outfit in the last two hours) and Rakan’s model for his hospital gown monstrosity in episode 2 (which likely would have put him in the bottom if there hadn’t been a worse team). Cant wait to see what they put her in next week! Poor Kate. She really can’t walk, she can’t pose at the end of the runway without doing something strange with her hands, and she can’t stop making duck face. 

I'm wondering where they found this model.  Is she a relative of someone high up in the network?  Or did the original model get sick and she just happened to be walking by on the street?  Because I find it hard to believe that she makes a living modeling.  NOTHING looks good on her.  Large models have to work harder; it might not be fair but that's the way it is.  Nadine's model does EVERYTHING wrong.  As I said before, Chanel would look bad on her.  It's easy to blame it all on Meanie Nadine but this woman hasn't done any of the designers any good.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, ichbin said:

I thought that really stuck out too.  I got the sense that Nina took a real personal dislike to her and wondered if more went down that wasn't shown but filtered through to the judges.  Don't they usually send the loser off with some words about their promising future? She basically got , This is why you suck and don't let the door hit you in the ass on your way out.  

It really DID seem like it was personal with Nadine.  Yet every one of the judges fawned all over Becky Sunshine who fucked over her teammates with that tulle bullshit.  I can't imagine Nadine did anything worse than that, unless Nina has a problem with people who like a clean house.

Edited by mightysparrow
  • Love 5
5 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

As a big fan of Rihanna I just want to say.  Adam Selman's dress for her was not a print.  It was Swarovski crystals.  How is that a print, and how is that relevant to this challenge?!

f9ae6f6505e10ae6958b33b871f86611.jpg

It looks like she is draped in cheap pantyhose with a bunch of glitter glued on it. I kind of hate it and am over all the damn sheers.

• Love 10

I didn't care for Hester's design, but I thought since the judges seemed to love it, they gave her the win because this might be the only challenge she has any chance of winning. Sebastian's was far superior to everything else out there, but it looks like we can continue to expect stellar work from him. Not that I think that's the right thing for the judges to do. It just crossed my mind that they wanted to give Hester her chance. I can't believe they raved over it as they did. It looked like a beginning Home Ec project to me. 

I also couldn't believe the raves for Kovid. He's so darned cheerful that I feel terrible for saying this, but he bugs the hell out of me. And I don't care what your sob story is. This is about your design and construction, not what a hard life you've had. But I guess I'd rather hear his cheerful, exuberant comments than all the bitchiness of PRAS.  Also, even though I thought Nadine's behavior was awful, I would have sent that plaid houndstooth nightmare home. 

• Love 8
6 hours ago, oldCJ said:

True, but if Frankie, Rakan, and Nadine had designed better outfits that were well made and actually fit Kate well, it wouldn’t matter how badly she walked or what kind of faces she made on the runway. 

• Love 8

So glad to see Christian again, he’s a delight.

Nadine complaining about the dishes? Valid. Complaining her model is too big? Straight up bullshit. They should know by now they might have to design for men or women of any size and any age, they might even get children or dogs and have to work with napkins, floor mats, and duct tape. After so many seasons there’s no excuse for not being prepared for this. When she landed in the bottom I thought for sure they were going to keep her for the drama, fortunately Bravo has more class than Lifetime and the right one went home. I don’t blame her for not staying to hug the host, the judges clearly sent her home because they didn’t like her and she didn’t owe them any kisses.

As for Hester, no one is expelled from fashion school for being too weird, they’re sent home because they suck. I don’t think she’s quirky, just high-maintenance.

Rhianna has a gun tattoo pointed at her breast. Ugh, tacky.

• Love 12
13 hours ago, Reality police said:

I was so disappointed with the prints like most of you. One of the prettiest dresses I have ever seen was by Deyonte. Would have put these guys to shame. And it was not on a size 0. 

Project-Runway-Season-16-Episode-1-Runway-Looks-Lifetime-TV-Reviews-Tom-Lorenzo-Site-Deyonte (1).jpg

Yassss!!!! To the Michelle Obama realness! & the model was so-called plus sized. Bloop!

On 3/29/2019 at 6:32 PM, nb360 said:

Kovid’s pattern reminded me very much of Mondo’s winning pattern in which he revealed he was HIV +.

https://images.app.goo.gl/o7hWSHEHBDpRoMQs6

(hard to copy and paste on my iPad mini)

Oh, that was truly a moment for PR history... I thought this head to toe print challenge was cool, but the stuff Mondo was doing years ago with contrasting prints was fabulous. Soo talented. It was nice to see him on PR All Stars. He looked great! & I hope he is doing well. 💞

So, regarding this episode: Nadine. She said she wanted out, so I can't feel too bad for her, although I think it was a front to hide her embarrassment. What's this business about going home to see her kids? Aren't the auf'ed (erm, what should we call them now?) contestants sequestered for a time? So as not to spoil the show?

Nadine's model this episode, Kate, is a really pretty girl & seems like a nice person. She may not be the best walker, but every girl on the runway is not Naomi Campbell, dah-ling. At the end of the day, most people just see a still photograph of a look on the runway. Many models are hired for their "look" even if their walk isn't the best. Nadine was auf'ed (?🤷🏾‍♀️?) because her look was bad & her attitude was worse.

(Side note: I hate-hate-hated that the show baited model Kate into talking shit about Nadine, even though everything she said was true. The show did Kate no favors for her career. 25 years & 25 pounds ago, Mm!👀, I made a much less harsh statement as a model--- 5 people turned on their heels & left the room--- client, photographer, stylist, etc. while the other models patted me, & said don't do that. Turns out they did what I said, even hired me an extra day for that shoot, $10,000 for 2 days, but never hired me again. But, I digress.)

Sebastian's look was the best. Point blank period. He should have won. As the judges said, the model floated down the runway, put a price tag on it; it's store-ready. I giggled when glasses judge said "He does know how to make a garment, doesn't he!" I also was impressed with his model Lexi, her walk is fabulous! Can't seem to find any info on Lexi tho, agency, other gigs or anything.

It also made me smile when glasses judge leaned over & said 'She's so gorgeous, I can't stand it!' about the (I think, maybe) Sudanese model & Nina said 'I know, she's so beautiful!' Mm. She was so elegant & showed the garment off beautifully. 

Loving this new season of PR, but I hope the models get some shine, too.

Edited by NowVoyager
  • Love 8
52 minutes ago, Fukui San said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if Kovid and Hester are eventually revealed as Saturday Night Live characters played by Chris Kattan and Rachel Dratch. 

And Rachel could do a good job portraying either Kovid or Hester!

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
On 3/28/2019 at 9:47 PM, Ellaria Sand said:

Nadine was a pill and deserved elimination. Don’t think I’ve ever seen a contestant criticize her model in front of the judges with the model standing next to her. Good riddance! Her elimination seemed to be telegraphed from the start of the episode when she was yelling about the dirty dishes (although that would drive me crazy, too).

Can’t stand Hester but her outfit was cute. I would have given the win to Sebastian again. That was simply gorgeous. Didn’t care for Kovid’s look but he seems like a good guy. Hope the positive feedback helps him.

There were a lot of interesting looks tonight. Wish that we had more time to see them on the runway.

I am not going to even bother giving my own take on this episode because I agree with literally every word of your comment!   Liked Nadine a lot last week, this week she was awful. That poor model!  Agree on Hester agree on Sebastian agree on Kovid 

• Love 3
19 hours ago, Thumper said:

I am old.  It does bother me and I see it as objectification of her.  (I know, she obviously doesn't.)

Nadine's outfit made me think of a mummy costume.

I don't think your age is at play here.  "I question her taste." ©Nina Garcia

• LOL 3
  • Love 5