Type keyword(s) to search

Avengers: Endgame (2019)

BetterButter
  • Start Topic

Cineplex here in Canada is really struggling too. In the past 50 minutes, my friend managed to make it as far as seeing the showtimes. This movie is going to make an absolute mint, isn't it?

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, Cranberry said:

Cineplex here in Canada is really struggling too. In the past 50 minutes, my friend managed to make it as far as seeing the showtimes. This movie is going to make an absolute mint, isn't it?

I think it's going to be really interesting to hear ticket sales totals for today! 

I live in a smaller city area, hopped on Cinemark to buy tickets literal minutes after they went on sale, and it still took me 30 minutes to finish the process. Lots of seats were already gone before I could even get to that point. It was pretty nuts.

• Love 1
(edited)

I just got back and I'm still queued at Fandango with the green line just under half way.  The AMC site is down altogether.  I've been trying for a little over 4 hours now.  I'll keep checking off and on all day, but I think I'll agree to go see Us with my son tonight and buy the tickets there if I can't before then.  God know what will be left at that time.

ETA:  And now it says my wait time is 27 minutes.  In 27 minutes I'll be at my doctors appointment.  *sigh*

Edited by Shannon L.
12 minutes ago, Shannon L. said:

I just got back and I'm still queued at Fandango with the green line just under half way.  The AMC site is down altogether.  I've been trying for a little over 4 hours now.  I'll keep checking off and on all day, but I think I'll agree to go see Us with my son tonight and buy the tickets there if I can't before then.  God know what will be left at that time.

ETA:  And now it says my wait time is 27 minutes.  In 27 minutes I'll be at my doctors appointment.  *sigh*

I just went from 22 minutes, to 11 minutes back up to 15 minutes....Fandango is messing with me

Just now, Shannon L. said:

1 minute ago, Morrigan2575 said:

I just went from 22 minutes, to 11 minutes back up to 15 minutes....Fandango is messing with me

It's goes fast.  My 27 minutes went by in 10 minutes or less.  I got our preferred seating, in our preferred theater at our preferred time! 

Good luck, everyone!

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Cranberry said:

Unless $100 million worth of advance tickets get made unavailable by online glitches and the theaters end up being half empty opening weekend. It's the MoviePass experience for everyone!

• LOL 2
25 minutes ago, Sakura12 said:

Getting tickets for this movie is like getting tickets for SDCC. Lol

Except everyone will eventually be able to get a ticket... if they're patient.  **Steve Roger's voice**

• Love 1

That's why I'll be waiting till Tuesday to see it. Well one reason anyway. Go in the middle of the day on a weekday and no problem.

I watched that trailer a few more times. Man, Tony & Pepper's reunion is going to make me cry. Only romantic couple I care about. Oh god, if he dies.... 

This movie is going to kill me.

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, festivus said:

That's why I'll be waiting till Tuesday to see it. Well one reason anyway. Go in the middle of the day on a weekday and no problem.

I watched that trailer a few more times. Man, Tony & Pepper's reunion is going to make me cry. Only romantic couple I care about. Oh god, if he dies.... 

This movie is going to kill me.

I should not have watched that special look, but it's ok. The movie is 3 hours long and there will be plenty of other feels. 

We're not going until the following weekend because we're seeing Book of Mormon on that Saturday. However, because my then 12 year old daughter was so wrecked after Infinity War, my husband and I will see it during the week so we can tell her what happens so she'll be prepared to see it with the big group we usually see it with. Also, we're a group of 10, too, so there's no way we'd be able to get tickets for opening weekend.

I feel for everyone trying to get tickets, but I can't say I'm surprised that this movie broke ticketing sites.

• Love 4
16 hours ago, Dani said:
16 hours ago, JessePinkman said:

Jesus. The smells in that theater...

I feel like I can just do this at home. With showers when required. I honestly can't think of anyone I'd like to be stuck in a movie theater with for 2 and a half days. Honestly, that sounds like a hostage situation.

My couch is comfy. My TV is huge. I'm good. I will have all the wine I need, all the bathroom breaks required and pets,

Also, every new Endgame trailer makes me want to just lie down on the floor for a while.

• LOL 3
  • Love 13

After 3hrs, I went to my local theater on lunch break and finally got tickets. My goodness I've never been so stressed out about buying before, my family kept texting each other asking if anyone got through. Now it looks like there is quite a few of available tickets considering how many screens it is playing on. I should have just waited it out!

• Love 3
(edited)
4 hours ago, Cranberry said:

People are pissed at Cineplex. Apparently you could get tickets at midnight, and they didn't put out an announcement till 8.  I just happened to wake up as I needed to go to the bathroom and tickets were available at 6:30am for sure, that's when I got mine.

But to be fair to Cineplex, it seemed like they were slowly updating their showtimes for different theatres, not all locations were ready to go at 6:30. I could see the updates when I refreshed.

I ended up buying for the Opening Night Fan Event and then 12 for Saturday afternoon, no IMAX though 😐.  Tickets were flying, all the IMAX screens were filling up.

(I will once again complain about the fact that Cineplex is pushing stupid 3D for IMAX screens. The good showtimes in IMAX are with 3D, while the midafternoon and late night times are regular IMAX.) Stop it Cineplex! Can't a girl get an IMAX screening for late afternoon, early evening please.

Edited by dkb
(edited)

I finally got tickets through Fandango. Apparently, the people round my way are insanely huge MCU fans so they bought every single decent IMAX ticket on Thursday and Friday. There were a few decent regular seats available, but for 10 pm and 11 pm. Since I didn't relish sitting in the front two rows, I got the best Saturday IMAX seats available. 

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 2

My friend finally got through the Cineplex site after about 3.5 hours (and one failed payment attempt that resulted in a generic error message) and got us seats for the first available show, right in the middle of the first Prime row (we don't have an IMAX here, unfortunately). We're both taking the afternoon off work so we have time to eat before the movie. It's like a little holiday -- I'm excited!

‘Avengers: Endgame’ Breaks Records (and Websites) With First-Day Sales

Online ticket seller Fandango reported Tuesday that the fourth “Avengers” movie topped its first-day U.S. sales record (previously held by “Star Wars: The Force Awakens”) within the first six hours of pre-sales. Advance tickets went on sale on Fandango Tuesday at 5 am PT.

“Avengers: Endgame” also set a new record for the best first day of sales in less than half a day at Atom Tickets, the company said. It has outsold the previous record, set by “Aquaman,” by four times the amount.

• Love 2

Decided to go to the first showing on Saturday morning.  I figure it gives us less time to consume liquids. I just need to put a reminder on my calendar not to have any coffee that morning.

There were only two seats left together that weren't in the front row.

‘Avengers: Endgame’ Breaks Records (and Websites) With First-Day Sales

Advance ticket sales of “Avengers: Endgame” have broken first-day records — with the demand so great that it caused delays for many would-be purchasers.

Online ticket seller Fandango reported Tuesday that the fourth “Avengers” movie topped its first-day U.S. sales record (previously held by “Star Wars: The Force Awakens”) within the first six hours of pre-sales. Advance tickets went on sale on Fandango Tuesday at 5 am PT.

“Avengers: Endgame” also set a new record for the best first day of sales in less than half a day at Atom Tickets, the company said. It has outsold the previous record, set by “Aquaman,” by four times the amount.

AMC Theatres saw its website unable to process orders for several hours, tweeting on Tuesday, “We want everyone to be able to grab their ‘Avengers: Endgame’ tickets, but it looks like we’ve gotten Thanos’ snap. We’re working on getting things back up and running, and in the meantime, please keep trying our website and our partner sites!”

On 4/2/2019 at 1:16 PM, VCRTracking said:

So many great shots in the new video but my favorite is the one of the "Big Three".

Wonder if that is one of those shots, where in the theatre it will actually be the Big Four and they edited Hulk out for the trailer.

• Love 1

As of Thursday morning at my local south Los Angeles theatre there are still single seats near the aisle higher up in the early evening XD shows along with the first three rows being totally open.

Perhaps breaking the Internet got many nervous. I am thinking that good seats will be available for Sunday evening which would be my first chance to see Endgame 

Avengers: Endgame Movie Tickets Are Selling for Almost $10,000 on eBay

This has got to be one of the stupidest things I've ever read.  I just bought great tickets for the Friday night showing.  The damn movie will be shown on thousands of screens all over the country.  Someone could fly to another city if they were that desperate to get good seats for far cheaper than $10,000.  Unless the seats are right next to Robert Downey Jr, Scarlett Johansson, Chris Evans, etc, forget it!  

• LOL 6
  • Love 5
(edited)

I got my tickets today since there were tons left. I'm seeing it at 9::30am on Friday, so I'll be done around 1pm and still have to day the take it all in. Lol

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 3

I didn't get my ideal seat for Endgame. It's like people don't realise how important I am. I had to settle for two seats to the right! Oh, the pain of it all. As you can see, I'm suffering.

But if anyone reading this is in Western Australia, I'll sell you a pretty good seat for only $98,000 Australian. A bargain!

• LOL 12

I totally forgot (real life) and bought tickets last night. 11 am Saturday reserved seating. I haven’t seen a movie that early since I was a kid. Cineplex app in Canada, pretty smooth. I figured I can hold out 3 hours for the bathroom. I also think I can remain unspoiled for two days. I was unspoiled for Infinity Wars for two days. Captain Marvel for a week. This last trailer was really good and I cannot wait. 

• Love 2

I'm still unspoiled for Captain Marvel and I finally get to see it next week. I'll be able to stay unspoiled for Endgame and I'll see it 5 days after it opens like I did Infinity War. I just stay off the internet anywhere I would get spoiled and it helps that no one in my life but my family are Marvel fans and my boys would never spoil it for me. They saw IW on opening weekend and both of them called me and said "Mom, you've got to get to the movie, we have so much to talk about" but they told me nothing.

• Love 3

I'll go out a limb and say that Carol's plan of "let's find him, beat the crap out of him, and undo this" won't go according to plan.  Although that would be the most hilarious thing in the world - take down Thanos and reverse everything within the first half hour, then spend the other 2.5 hours with everyone silently chowing down at a Shawarma place.

• LOL 7
1 hour ago, Spartan Girl said:

Rhodey, I love you, but don't you snap at Carol like that.  She was busy protecting other planets.  What was your excuse for signing Ross's accords knowing full damn well what he did to Bruce again?

That's why I loved that Thor who just lost his home planet jumped up to say I like this one that was out there protecting other planets that need help. The Avengers only focus on their planet. 

• Love 9

Interesting that no one knows how it turns out.  I envisioned a final scene where they were all found their way back to each other and were all fighting them together.  Curious.

It was nice of Carol to compliment them by saying about the other planets "unfortunately, not all of them had you guys". 

• Love 5