Type keyword(s) to search

Avengers: Endgame (2019)

BetterButter
  • Start Topic

3 hours ago, cambridgeguy said:

I'll go out a limb and say that Carol's plan of "let's find him, beat the crap out of him, and undo this" won't go according to plan.  Although that would be the most hilarious thing in the world - take down Thanos and reverse everything within the first half hour, then spend the other 2.5 hours with everyone silently chowing down at a Shawarma place.

I knew Carol and Steve would get along. He was totally down for the 'punch him and fix it' solution.

I also like Carol's 'there's a lot of other planets out there and they don't have you guys' response to 'and just what have YOU been doing, new person?!'

Hee!

• Love 10
(edited)

Do you kiss your mother with that mouth, Captain?!

Already loving Carol interacting with everyone else, I so knew that she and Steve would be on the same page. 

Edited by tennisgurl
  • Love 4
(edited)

Based on the new video, I agree they go after Thanos, but fail although they must find and rescue Tony and Nebula in the process. Then we get years passing as they try to move on with their lives. Scott then shows up and tells them about the Quantum Realm which makes them realize that they can use it with Goose's help to travel back through time and change the past.

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 2

Interesting that it sounds like Thanos uses the stones again, according to that clip.  After all of his talk about how he would finally be able to rest after he "saves the universe", he seems to be still using them for reasons not explained yet.  What is he up to?

Other than that, obviously just speculation, but I definitely get the sense this is very early on when Carol first arrives, they get a second wind and go after Thanos, only to fail again, because while Carol obviously will give them a massive boost, Thanos will probably still have enough power to thwart it.  It will take them getting Tony/Nebula, Clint, and Scott, and they will have what they need: the entire team!  Or what's left of it...

But all the answers should be revealed in a few weeks!

16 hours ago, thuganomics85 said:

Interesting that it sounds like Thanos uses the stones again, according to that clip.  After all of his talk about how he would finally be able to rest after he "saves the universe", he seems to be still using them for reasons not explained yet.  What is he up to?

Maybe he's trying to bring Gamora back. I could see that.

I finally gave in and watched the new clip (I was avoiding it so hard but then it came up during the Jimmy Kimmel appearance) and can I just say how beautiful does this movie look? In a simple scene of them in the compound talking looks gorgeous, the lighting and cinematography is on point. You can see the money on the screen.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
20 hours ago, anna0852 said:

I love Carol'sabsolute confidence in herself.

Haven't watched the clip yet, but I imagine I would be pretty confident in myself if I had spent the last 25 years being an unstoppable asskicking force and hadn't aged a day in about 30 years.

Also after seeing Captain Marvel I would love it if there was a scene (or more likely a deleted scene) where she meets Rocket and when he finds out she is part Kree asks her if she ever knew a douchebag named Ronin.

• Love 6
27 minutes ago, festivus said:

Don Cheadle was so funny with that book. I want to hear his whole reading. 

I love that both Cheadle and Evans took issue with rhyming 'Groot' with 'soot.' I love that sort of nit-pickery. Yes, it's an eye rhyme (a la William Blake with 'The Tyger') but when you read it out loud and have to alter the pronunciation for it to be an ear rhyme it does feel a bit unwieldy.

• Love 5
(edited)
On 4/8/2019 at 12:31 PM, VCRTracking said:

Official version of clip above:

I have soooo many questions about Thor's bowl 'o rolls.

Are rolls his food of choice?

Is he eating them because he's on some kind of carbo diet?

Were they just the last thing left on the Avengers buffet and he had to settle for them?

How stale are they?

Did he get some butter patties for them, or would that mess up the diet?

Edited by xaxat
  • LOL 12
  • Love 1

Maybe its comfort food? Thor has had a really tough time of it lately, he could probably use the carbs. This has been probably his most eventful/worst couple of years in his life, and thats probably saying something when your around 1500 years old. 

• Love 11
22 minutes ago, tennisgurl said:

Maybe its comfort food? Thor has had a really tough time of it lately, he could probably use the carbs. This has been probably his most eventful/worst couple of years in his life, and thats probably saying something when your around 1500 years old. 

And to make matters especially terrible for him the guy with the magic refillable beer glass trick disappeared too.

• Love 6
7 hours ago, Dandesun said:

I love that both Cheadle and Evans took issue with rhyming 'Groot' with 'soot.' I love that sort of nit-pickery. Yes, it's an eye rhyme (a la William Blake with 'The Tyger') but when you read it out loud and have to alter the pronunciation for it to be an ear rhyme it does feel a bit unwieldy.

That, plus everyone calling out Thor for messing up and then Hemsworth calling out Starlord for screwing up was great.

• Love 8

The Russo brothers have responded to Carol's lipstick controversy.

At the Avengers: Endgame press junket, /Film’s Peter Sciretta got a chance to ask the Russo brothers if they could address Captain Marvel’s changed look. The directors said that while they “set the parameters…in terms of what we need,” the makeup and hairstyles of all the characters are actually decided by the actors and their makeup team. “We give all the actors ownership over there,” Joe Russo said. That includes Scarlett Johansson’s shocking blonde hairdo in Avengers: Infinity War, which Joe Russo said was the actress’ idea. That and her ever-changing wigs, apparently. “Every hairstyle that Scarlet Johansson has had and every movie that we’ve done has come from Scarlet Johansson,” he said.

So why is Carol Danvers’ look so inconsistent when Brie Larson has shown a passionate dedication to the character and what she stands for? It turns out that when they were filming Avengers: Endgame, even Larson didn’t have a total grasp on her character. “This was Brie’s first time playing the character,” Joe Russo explained, continuing:

“She [filmed Avengers: Endgame] before she filmed Captain Marvel, and I think she was experimenting with what the character was. And those were the choices that she and her hair and makeup team had made. And I think as she started to gain a deeper understanding of the character, especially as she approached her own movie. She started to make different choices and as an artist she should be afforded that right to make whatever choice that she wants to make.”

https://www.slashfilm.com/captain-marvels-makeup-avengers-endgame-russo-brothers/

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 6
17 hours ago, Morrigan2575 said:

That, plus everyone calling out Thor for messing up and then Hemsworth calling out Starlord for screwing up was great.

"Glad you got your relationship sorted... half the universe is dead."

To be fair, Pratt has made that reference a few times. He did a couple of videos before the second Lego Movie and had Emmett, Owen and Starlord in their Lego forms and it usually ended up with Owen kicking Starlord off frame and going 'you're the reason half the universe died!'

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Dandesun said:

To be fair, Pratt has made that reference a few times. He did a couple of videos before the second Lego Movie and had Emmett, Owen and Starlord in their Lego forms and it usually ended up with Owen kicking Starlord off frame and going 'you're the reason half the universe died!'

I didn't know that. Very funny! Thanks

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Dandesun said:

"Glad you got your relationship sorted... half the universe is dead."

To be fair their plan kind of sucked. I mean why are you trying to pull the gauntlet off when you have a guy who can create arm chopping portals?

• Love 5
15 hours ago, Kel Varnsen said:

To be fair their plan kind of sucked. I mean why are you trying to pull the gauntlet off when you have a guy who can create arm chopping portals?

Not to mention sacrificing Wakanda just because they wouldn't remove a freakin stone from Vision's head, which he volunteered to do!

• Love 2
40 minutes ago, benteen said:

Not to mention sacrificing Wakanda just because they wouldn't remove a freakin stone from Vision's head, which he volunteered to do!

To be fair the goal was just to hold the line long enough to extract the stone. And only Bruce Banner had first hand knowledge of how good an army Thanos had. If Thanos  did not have the ability to roll back time Wakanda and the Avengers would have won the battle after Thor brought the thunder.

• Love 4

Why is there a controversy? I honestly don't care enough to look into it. So what the woman wants to wear lipstick. Why is that a problem? People can change their look if they want to. I swear I think this shit comes from whiny fanboys. The vast majority of people that will watch this film, Do Not Care.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, Raja said:

To be fair the goal was just to hold the line long enough to extract the stone. And only Bruce Banner had first hand knowledge of how good an army Thanos had. If Thanos  did not have the ability to roll back time Wakanda and the Avengers would have won the battle after Thor brought the thunder.

The weird thing about that strategy was that it seemed that even with 5 out of the 6 stones Thanos seemed pretty much unstoppable. Especially since when he showed up in Wakanda it seemed like he wasn't using the stones to their full potential. So even if they managed to destroy the mind stone, what kind of plan did they have for stopping a guy that could still either turn back time, turn people's bodies into springs or just use the power stone to like vapourize them?

• Love 1
20 minutes ago, festivus said:

Why is there a controversy? I honestly don't care enough to look into it. So what the woman wants to wear lipstick. Why is that a problem? People can change their look if they want to. I swear I think this shit comes from whiny fanboys. The vast majority of people that will watch this film, Do Not Care.

Well there were also women who thought they were sexualizing Carol.

13 minutes ago, VCRTracking said:

Well there were also women who thought they were sexualizing Carol.

Oh I'm sure there were. I just have a problem with people/both sexes thinking that just because a woman wears lipstick or whatever other make-up she wants it means she's not still a strong kick-ass woman. Ugh, I don't even have the words for how much it annoys me.

Just wanted to add that I'd feel the same about people bitching if Captain America decided to rock some eye-liner. He'd still be the same awesome person. And on a personal note I wish they would throw some eye-liner on Sebastian Stan but I might faint if they did that. So maybe best not then. 😁

Edited by festivus
  • Love 11

I’m starting to wonder if Carol is only going to be there for the first part of the movie, before the (speculated) time jump.  Maybe she goes back to saving the galaxy afterwards? While the rest try to get on with their lives?

Edited by Starfish35
spelling
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, festivus said:

From what I saw most of the people jumped to the conclusion that the male directors were trying to feminize Captain Marvel. Somehow the fact that she was wearing lipstick undermined the character who stood unflinching while Stormbreaker went flying past her head. 🙄 

4 minutes ago, Starfish35 said:

I’m starting to wonder if Carol is only going to be there for the first part of the movie, before the (speculated) time jump.  Maybe she goes back to saving the galaxy afterwords? While the rest try to get on with their lives?

That’s been my guess for awhile now. 

3 hours ago, SimoneS said:

Rocket: He is pretty good at that.

Ant-Man: Right?

Aww, Sweet Rabbit never change!

The teams/missions explains why not everyone is on the Benetar when it takes off. Although i don't love the hands in at the end thing. It is a battle to save the universe not the championship game.

• Love 1

I heard a rumor today that I'm not sure I believe, but I throw it out there anyway:  I heard that a handful of executives have seen the movie and they said that the end left them a bit unsettled. 

Whether or not that's true, I have said from the beginning that I'll be bringing tissues with me because I do believe that it's going to be a tear jerker.  I just got a part time job at a movie theater and told them that I would be seeing this movie at the same theater and could come in before the show, then join my family just before it starts.  They asked if I could stay after instead.  I said "sure", but was thinking "Oh God, I'm going to be a mess!"

• Love 1

Executive meddling has fucked with too many movies over the years. Executive meddling insists that characters of color and women characters can't carry a successful movie. If there are executives 'unsettled' by this... GOOD.

• LOL 2
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, Dandesun said:

If there are executives 'unsettled' by this... GOOD.

Ha!  Yes!!  Hearing that executives may have been "unsettled" makes me very intrigued by what may have unsettled them.  

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Wynterwolf said:

Ha!  Yes!!  Hearing that executives may have been "unsettled" makes me very intrigued by what may have unsettled them.  

Not to mention, the movie is in the tank so they cannot mess with the ending. 

Edited by Apprentice79
On 4/13/2019 at 2:48 PM, Shannon L. said:

I heard a rumor today that I'm not sure I believe, but I throw it out there anyway:  I heard that a handful of executives have seen the movie and they said that the end left them a bit unsettled.

Feige's pretty much earned his 'Don't fuck with me' status, so I'm not too worried about studio interference. Disney loves money.

• Love 4
18 minutes ago, AimingforYoko said:

Feige's pretty much earned his 'Don't fuck with me' status, so I'm not too worried about studio interference. Disney loves money.

Furthermore, maybe this is a reach, but I think Bob Iger cares about the creation itself. Maybe he's tried and doesn't have the aptitude. But he seems to accept creators doing their own thing.

On 4/13/2019 at 1:48 PM, Shannon L. said:

I heard that a handful of executives have seen the movie and they said that the end left them a bit unsettled. 

I am both frightened, AND excited. 

Edited by tennisgurl
  • Love 1

I would call the endings of Winter Soldier, Civil War, Ragnarok, and Infinity War unsettling. Those are also my four favorite Marvel movies so I’m taking the reactions to be a good thing. 

23 minutes ago, Perfect Xero said:

Do executives get unsettled by the same things fans do, or are they unsettled because it might be harder to make a, say, Maria Hill romantic comedy on the new streaming service now?

They get unsettled by money. I don't know if the rumors are true but, if they are I'm guessing the Execs were like crap did we pick the right merchandise?!  Wait this movie will only make $3 Billion? 😁

There is video (appears to be footage recorded at a screening. no way to know if it's real but it appears to be real) floating around twitter, so be careful out there on social media... (I have not watched the video, but I have read a summary of the footage).

Edited by Wynterwolf
  • Love 1