Type keyword(s) to search

Avengers: Endgame (2019)

BetterButter
  • Start Topic

1 minute ago, Danny Franks said:

He doesn't know that though, does he? All he knows is that Groot is gone. He probably suspects that the rest of them are gone, because he's always been a rather fatalistic raccoon, but until Tony and Nebula get to Earth, he can't be sure.

Not yet but, he sure will know that when Nebula and Tony show up and tell him everyone else is dead.  I wasn't really thinking  about the characters reactions, mostly i was looking at how the movie set up Tony to really lose nothing in Infinity War (he gets back to Earth and all of his loved ones are alive).  Makes me think Tony is going to lose big in End Game.

Thor, Scott, Clint, Nat and Steve pretty much lost everyone they had connections to but, Tony came out of this with most of his family/friends intact.  Just makes me wonder if he's going to make the big sacrifice in End Game (thematically speaking).

2 hours ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Thor, Scott, Clint, Nat and Steve pretty much lost everyone they had connections to but, Tony came out of this with most of his family/friends intact.  Just makes me wonder if he's going to make the big sacrifice in End Game (thematically speaking).

And on the plus side for Tony he also lost the guy who killd his mom.

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, Vera said:

I think the girl playing Clint's daughter (Lila) might be Ava Russo, Joe Russo's daughter. 

I think you’re right. I looked up a picture of Ava Russo and it does look like her. 

9 hours ago, anna0852 said:

That poster shows a lot of characters. What does having Fury leading the dusted mean?

Fury is front and center of the silhouetted characters we known were took by the Thanos snapture. As opposed to being behind the movie leads Dr Strange, Spider-Man and the Black Panther.

5 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

I'm trying to decide if I want to watch Thursday preview so I don't get spoiled or wait to Sunday so I can be spoiled and be (somewhat) prepared for bad news. 😭

I will be searching out f***ing transcripts before I see this thing!

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Wynterwolf said:

I will be searching out f***ing transcripts before I see this thing!

I've decided I need to be thoroughly spoiled before I see it or even if I see it in the theater. I don't watch superhero movies to be depressed by what happens to my favorite character.

• Love 4
55 minutes ago, scriggle said:

I've decided I need to be thoroughly spoiled before I see it or even if I see it in the theater. I don't watch superhero movies to be depressed by what happens to my favorite character.

I went into Infinity War spoiler free, which is my usual preference. I didn't care because I figured anyone that died would be brought back in Part 2. Granted, it appears as though Loki and Heimdall are dead for realz.

However, 2+ years of hearing Cap is going to die, he has to die he's totally going to die. Still hasn't prepared me for the potential reality (please be wrong).

So I want to know before seeing. However, I'm worried that if I do find out it will kill the movie for me.

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 3
(edited)

Tomorrow! I am shaking a bit. I will buying my tickets tomorrow! Friday night is my usual. I can't believe after this wait. Three hours! I am going to have to make sure that I don't drink any water after noon!

Edited by SimoneS

I'll be buying our tickets when I get up at about 5:30am, if they are available.  Our family tradition is to see the Marvel movies on opening weekend, so I start with an early Saturday evening show and if the good seats are already taken, I move to Sunday, then Friday. 

Hmmm I wonder if they plan to show them in release order or story order? I've seen some stuff floating around on da web telling me how to watch them, but I always feel that Ant Man and The Wasp should be shown just before Infinity War, instead of Ragnorok

• Love 1
(edited)
27 minutes ago, anna0852 said:

I just bought mine! No joke at all.

Did you use Fandango or another App?  Fandango only seems to have the Thursday Night 5PM Showing in my area

ETA: Just opened up for the rest of the weekend.  they had them listed as different shows

Edited by Morrigan2575
17 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Did you use Fandango or another App?  Fandango only seems to have the Thursday Night 5PM Showing in my area

ETA: Just opened up for the rest of the weekend.  they had them listed as different shows

Fandango for me. Just after 8 am EST

I got a notification from AMC when the tickets went on sale. 

At AMC they release all the showtimes on the Tuesday before so on the 23rd there are more available at more times so there is no rush. Lol

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, Sakura12 said:

I got a notification from AMC when the tickets went on sale. 

At AMC they release all the showtimes on the Tuesday before so on the 23rd there are more available at more times so there is no rush. Lol

I just want to make sure I get the recliners. At my AMC only 4 if 16 converted to Lazy-Boys. Rest of the theaters have the normal seats which are comfortable but, 3-4 hours (with previews and post credits) might be pushing it

18 minutes ago, Shannon L. said:

I should have listened to my kid and set an alarm for midnight and checked to see if they were available then. 

The question then becomes midnight eastern standard time or does the computer go by the International dateline like Amazon Prime videos do?

• Love 1
(edited)

They didn't go on sale until a little before 8am eastern standard time. Waking up at midnight wouldn't have done anything unless your midnight matches 8am est. 

Edited by Sakura12
(edited)
3 minutes ago, Sakura12 said:

They didn't go on sale until a little before 8am eastern standard time.

Ah.  Oh well.  I was trying at 6am and I'm still getting error messages after I choose my seats.  I just informed the family that I'm not sitting around all morning for this.  I'm going to do my usual Tuesday stuff and try again when I get back around 10am.  If we have to wait a few days, then so be it.  Still frustrating, though.

Edited:  And now we're back to the site not loading at all.

Edited by Shannon L.
(edited)

I'll have to check the situation when I get home. SOP is that I go on the weekend. I tried getting tickets for Captain Marvel at a new theater in my borough, but I couldn't get those. It's one of those places where you can have stuff brought to you. I've done that, but I wish to share the experience wit my mother.

ETA: Nebula and Rocket holding hands . . . awwwwwww. In Rocket's mind: "Yeah, even if you live through this and be a good person, I'd still rather do this with the others. Even Mantis, and she gets horrified by the stuff going on in my head."

Edited by Lantern7
  • Love 3

I'm not sure what got me more:

Spoiler

Cap and Tony making peace and establishing that they trust each other

or

Spoiler

Tony and Pepper's reunion

After this I think I need to stop watching trailers. I'm trying to go into this unspoiled and I'm getting right up to that line at this point. And I know I'm going to have to stop reading this thread soon too.

• Love 4

Yeah, that trailer was just the right amount of spoilage I can handle. I mean I knew Tony and Nebula weren't going to die in space. But this is it for me. I want to go into this movie unspoiled.

• Love 3

I'm happy that Tony makes it back and reunites with Pepper and makes peace with Tony.  Rocket and Nebula grieving together destroyed me.

Am I the only one that suspects that the part when the group stands up to stare at someone offscreen that someone is Fuckstick Ross?  I just have this bad feeling...