Type keyword(s) to search

Avengers: Endgame (2019)

BetterButter
  • Start Topic

10 hours ago, JessePinkman said:

I can't help it.

Whenever I see or hear "Whatever it takes" my brain automatically says "I know I can make it through! Be the best (the best that I can beeeee)!".

I know right !! I'm in serious Degrassi withdrawal.

• Love 2
On 3/17/2019 at 3:43 PM, Morrigan2575 said:

Maybe a post credit scene of Steve/Avengers walking around NYC and seeing the Baxter Building? Or landing in a woody area, walking around and coming to the X-Mansion?

Or Steve walking around int he woods and we get 1602 in the MCU.

1 hour ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Holy crap that's sounds awesome. I never heard of it before but, now I want this!

Short story: Neil Gaiman wrote a miniseries with Marvel characters in the year 1602. It was Neil's first work with Marvel, and I felt let down in general by it.

7 minutes ago, Lantern7 said:

Short story: Neil Gaiman wrote a miniseries with Marvel characters in the year 1602. It was Neil's first work with Marvel, and I felt let down in general by it.

It was... different. 

I always liked 1602, more from an interest in the time period, but it did feel like he didn't quite know what to do with it at the end, and I didn't think the sequels were as good.

If they brought it into the MCU (not that I ever expect it to happen), it would be a way to recast most of the original Avengers

Is anyone else thinking about the scenes that would contribute so much to the characters but that due to time constrations we probably won't get?

Like....

Thor telling Nat how Banner was stuck as Hulk for two years until a recording of her brought Bruce back. 

Bruce explaining that he didn't run off, he'd actually been stuck as Hulk and on a foreign planet for the past two years and has limited memories of the time. 

Valkayrie arriving on Earth with the Asgardian remenent and Hulk happily popping back up with to play with Angry Girl.

Banner quietly explaining to the rest how Thor had lost his family and homeworld before the Snapture

Nebula having to break the news to Rocket about what happened to Quill

Tony making a point to tell Aunt May about Peter

Carol's reunion with Fury (hopefully involving more singing of the Marvelettes) which mystifies the the rest of our crew.

Pepper pirating some Tony-tech and saving his butt from space in the nick of time

Scott having a good daddy moment with Cassie, including telling her that she can't be a superhero until she's 18, no matter what just happened with the Dusting.

Tony returning the shield to Steve

Carol and Quill bonding over being humans in the wider universe

Scott being the one truly be able to understand Hawkeye's pain at losing his family to the snap. Scott's the only other dad in the group.

Thor finding a new battle-buddy in Carol

Finding out that Carol has been visiting earth regularly to see Monica and Maria

Finding out that Monica is now Major (or better) Trouble in the actual US Air Force. 

Thor, Valkayrie and the Asgardians doing that Vallahala prayer thing for their fallen that we saw in Ragnarok

Goose nuzzling up against Carol and it being revealed that Fury's kept her with him for the last 25 years

As many possible cast members as possible from all the prevous movies, even just seen in the backgroundor as dreams, hallucinations, etc. Steve remembering missions with the Howling Commandos, the Ant-Man wombats assembling quantum tech, even just reunion scenes of hugging and joy when the Snapture gets undone (as I firmly believe it will be!).

And for the closing credits I'd love to see as many behind-the-scenes pictures from all 20+ movies as they can possibily fit in.

Edited by anna0852
  • Love 14
9 hours ago, anna0852 said:

Is anyone else thinking about the scenes that would contribute so much to the characters but that due to time constrations we probably won't get?

I've been thinking about scenes that would contribute so much to the characters ever since The Winter Soldier came out.

It's frustrating that things are ignored, dropped or just hinted at, without anything ever being on the screen. I'm still waiting for clarification on whether Natasha knew the Winter Soldier, and doubt that we'll ever get anything.

Seeing Carol fangirl over Steve would be amazing, because he probably means a lot to her, as a military hero.

Nebula having serious personality clashes with Steve, Tony and Natasha, perhaps even bonding a little with Rocket over their shared loss and their mutual bloodthirstiness.

I'd love to see Valkyrie and Nakia return and have significant roles, but I don't think we'll get more than a few minutes from Valkyrie, and I doubt Nakia even appears.

But this is what happens when you try to cram a dozen supposedly important characters and almost as many secondary characters into the same movie.

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, Sakura12 said:

I'm going with nothing to eat or drink until my second viewing. 

I am surprised that the theatre chains aren't pushing for an intermission to be included at this point. With the runtime they already get fewer showings per day. Plus you have to figure that with the movie being that long people are less likely to purchase drinks. With an intermission people would be more likely to hit the concessions at the start and at the break.

• Love 4
48 minutes ago, anna0852 said:

I'll have to be sure to dehydrate for the first viewing. After that I'll know if there are acceptable pee-breaks

11 minutes ago, Sakura12 said:

I'm going with nothing to eat or drink until my second viewing. 

I use the Run Pee app and I love it, but with this one, I'll read it to be prepared just in case, but I'm going to drink as little as possible all day, run to the rest room when I get to the theater, then again during a preview that I don't care to see.  I don't want to miss a second.

• Love 1
34 minutes ago, Kel Varnsen said:

I am surprised that the theatre chains aren't pushing for an intermission to be included at this point. With the runtime they already get fewer showings per day. Plus you have to figure that with the movie being that long people are less likely to purchase drinks. With an intermission people would be more likely to hit the concessions at the start and at the break.

For me I'd rather be thirsty than have to pee during the movie. Maybe I'll have to get a drink after the movie. Lol

• Love 1
1 hour ago, anna0852 said:

I'll have to be sure to dehydrate for the first viewing. After that I'll know if there are acceptable pee-breaks

That's what I did for Infinity War. Refused my free soda at the first viewing but got it for the second. Went to pee when Thanos took Gamora and she saw Nebula. I still got some looks from the people in the theater like 'How dare you.' 

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Dee said:

Maria Hill didn't rate a poster?

Not with "only" 16 slots.  Also missing from the dusted - Hank Pym, Janet van Dyne, Heimdall.  It's the living side that had to stretch a bit.  Seriously, Happy Hogan gets a poster?  Maybe he'll do something really heroic.

Tony actually came out of the snap pretty well, aside from the whole being stuck in a dying ship thing..  His fiance, best buddy, and favorite underling are still alive - that's better than most.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Darlin said:

I might wear some Depends. Never in my life had I needed to wear any, but for this Avengers movie clocking at 3 hours, why not?

This reminds me of when Christine on Grey's Anatomy wore adult diapers for a long surgery to show that she was serious and competitive. I will never forget her wiggling her hips as she walked away. Ha.

• LOL 3

I wont eat or drink anything during my whole first viewing. The whole day will revolve around mentally and physically preparing myself for this event! I am probably even going to do some stretches first, as I am not super used to sitting for so long. Nothing will stand in between me and this movie damn it!

The posters make me think that everyone, even people who might stay dead, will be making an appearance, either due to visions or time traveler hijinks or whatever.

Edited by tennisgurl
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
17 minutes ago, cambridgeguy said:

Not with "only" 16 slots.  Also missing from the dusted - Hank Pym, Janet van Dyne, Heimdall.  It's the living side that had to stretch a bit.  Seriously, Happy Hogan gets a poster?  Maybe he'll do something really heroic.

Tony actually came out of the snap pretty well, aside from the whole being stuck in a dying ship thing..  His fiance, best buddy, and favorite underling are still alive - that's better than most.

Heimdall wasn't dusted either, he was stabbed. But then, Gamora was thrown off a cliff. Maybe there's another poster coming with some of the smaller faces. OTOH, Happy Hogan. But Favreau is in good with Disney right now. So who knows what's going on with the posters. I certainly don't.

18 minutes ago, tennisgurl said:

I wont eat or drink anything during my whole first viewing. The whole day will revolve around mentally and physically preparing myself for this event! I am probably even going to do some stretches first, as I am not super used to sitting for so long. Nothing will stand in between me and this movie damn it!

The posters make me think that everyone, even people who might stay dead, will be making an appearance, either due to visions or time traveler hijinks or whatever.

I hope we get as many appearances as possible, through whatever means necessary. 

• Love 2
12 hours ago, Anduin said:

Heimdall wasn't dusted either, he was stabbed. But then, Gamora was thrown off a cliff. Maybe there's another poster coming with some of the smaller faces. OTOH, Happy Hogan. But Favreau is in good with Disney right now. So who knows what's going on with the posters. I certainly don't.

Yeah, outside of Peter getting dusted, Tony didn't do too bad.

I suspect one of the reasons that Pepper and Happy are both there is because they were there for the beginning and this is the culmination of the last ten years of movies.  I don't see another Iron Man movie happening anytime soon.  So you might as well resolve it here.

• Love 2
12 hours ago, Anduin said:

I think the point was to connect the living to the dead.  There's a thread on Twitter where people grouped the living/dead that are connected to each other.  It's quite emoitional to see them, laid out like that.  

Steve/Bucky

Okoye/T'Challa

Rocket/Groot

Carol/Fury

Tony/Peter

Nebula/Gamora

Scott/Hope

Wong/Strange

This isn't the thread i saw yesterday but, this is a good one too

• Love 7
32 minutes ago, Sakura12 said:

It should be Rocket/every one his team.

I feel so bad for him, even more so if we go back to his conversation with Thor where he said he had a lot to lose. 

I did see that on Twitter too, Rocket and all the Guardians.  Tony got off easy, he lost Peter but, kept his Wife and BFF.  Rocket lost EVERYONE he loved as did Thor.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Morrigan2575 said:

I did see that on Twitter too, Rocket and all the Guardians.  Tony got off easy, he lost Peter but, kept his Wife and BFF.  Rocket lost EVERYONE he loved as did Thor.

Considering that Scott shows up at the Avengers compound by himself in the trailer, it is not hard to assume that he lost everyone too. Unless Cassie is sleeping in the back of the van next to that quantum thing.

• Love 2
22 minutes ago, Kel Varnsen said:

Considering that Scott shows up at the Avengers compound by himself in the trailer, it is not hard to assume that he lost everyone too. Unless Cassie is sleeping in the back of the van next to that quantum thing.

Didn't I read somewhere that they were casting a teenage actress to play Cassie?  I saw a cast list the other day and don't recall seeing her on it (although, I didn't think to look for her character, either), but at this point, I don't trust everything the Marvel people tell us or don't tell us.  I'm already hearing that they are purposefully putting scenes that don't exist in the movie into the trailers to throw people off a little. 

• Love 1
21 minutes ago, Kel Varnsen said:

I fully expect for both Clint and Scott to have lost their entire families. Okoye also seems to be the sole Black Panther survivor. 

With the exception of Iron Man, each of the original solo movies only has one character that survived Infinity War. The beginning of Endgame is going to be brutal. 

16 hours ago, cambridgeguy said:

I’m presuming Nakia was also dusted. And Betty Ross (does anyone even remember her anymore though?).  General Ross getting dusted would be no great loss though. 🤣

Yeah, not that Tony didn’t have a horrific experience, but to still have Pepper, Rhodey, and Happy.....he got off relatively easy compared to what everyone else lost.  Steve lost all his people except Nat, Clint lost all his family (presumably), Thor, Okoye, Rocket..all of them lost everything. 

I’m looking forward to seeing Okoye and Valkyrie meet. 😄

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, Dani said:

Okoye also seems to be the sole Black Panther survivor

I thought M'Baku survived too?  He's a fun character and pretty useful in a fight so I hope he gets some time even though I suspect Okoye will be the Wakandan rep for our remaining heroes.    

• Love 3
41 minutes ago, Kel Varnsen said:

I would not surprised if Cassie was in there. Scott seemed far too calm to have lost her.

• Love 4
26 minutes ago, Dani said:

I fully expect for both Clint and Scott to have lost their entire families. Okoye also seems to be the sole Black Panther survivor. 

I think M'Baku survived, I thought we saw him after the dustings.

Oh and people are right Scott lost everyone (Hope, Hank, Luis and quite possibly Cassie).

Rocket, Clint, Thor, Steve, Scott, Okoye all lost several people. 

Tony made out like a bandit, Rhody, Happy and Pepper all still alive.

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

I think M'Baku survived, I thought we saw him after the dustings

He did. I was just thinking about Black Panther’s core group and M’Baku had a more adversarial role. I would love to see him in Endgame but I would be surprised if it happened.  

34 minutes ago, Shannon L. said:

Didn't I read somewhere that they were casting a teenage actress to play Cassie?  I saw a cast list the other day and don't recall seeing her on it (although, I didn't think to look for her character, either), but at this point, I don't trust everything the Marvel people tell us or don't tell us.  I'm already hearing that they are purposefully putting scenes that don't exist in the movie into the trailers to throw people off a little. 

There is a teenage actress who was cast and there were reports that she was going to be Cassie Lang but it wasn’t confirmed. As far as a can tell the original source for the claim has since been taken down so who knows what that means.

My guess is that actress is the girl with Clint in the most recent trailer. 

8 minutes ago, Dani said:

That makes sense.

i actually think it would have been more impactful for Pepper and Happy to have been dusted as well, though I’m sure they’re keeping Pepper around for plot reasons.

Spoiler

being Rescue

I'm on call that week so I took Friday off to get around that. Lol 

I guess we can go with Nat lost Fury as well and Falcon since the three of them were together before Infinity War. Then we'll have to find out if Carol lost Maria and Monica. 

4 minutes ago, Sakura12 said:

I'm on call that week so I took Friday off to get around that. Lol 

I guess we can go with Nat lost Fury as well and Falcon since the three of them were together before Infinity War. Then we'll have to find out if Carol lost Maria and Monica. 

I hadn’t considered it before but Clint’s family being dusted would be a big loss for Nat. 

I just assumed the posters were an even amount so people could make a Thanos  joke of the posters being “perfectly balanced.” That’s why we’re missing characters like Maria Hill or Nakia.

I’m bummed about Shuri but pumped about Valkyrie surviving. Also, is it weird Val’s name is Valkryrie?

I hope she comes in and saves someone like the big damn hero she is-preferably Thor or Banner. Also see Carol’s poster looks  more like the Carol we saw in Captain Marvel instead of the trailer.

2 minutes ago, SnoGirl said:
Edited by SnoGirl
I dont know why I have a quote in my post. These arent the droids youre looking for...
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
On 3/27/2019 at 2:57 PM, Morrigan2575 said:

He doesn't know that though, does he? All he knows is that Groot is gone. He probably suspects that the rest of them are gone, because he's always been a rather fatalistic raccoon, but until Tony and Nebula get to Earth, he can't be sure.

22 hours ago, Dani said:

There is a teenage actress who was cast and there were reports that she was going to be Cassie Lang but it wasn’t confirmed. As far as a can tell the original source for the claim has since been taken down so who knows what that means.

Katherine Langford, the girl who played the lead in that suicide show on Netflix. I think that it's probably her with Clint, in the trailer scene. Is she his daughter, or could she be another aspiring archer/vigilante that he's taken to training?