Type keyword(s) to search

Avengers: Endgame (2019)

BetterButter
  • Start Topic

9 minutes ago, Wynterwolf said:

I think they both should have been able to come back, though, wouldn't they?  Since she was already outfitted with all the time travel gear?

And wait... did they explain where the repaired shield came from?  I didn't catch that...

Yeah they both would have been able to come back. I just have an easier time believing that Steve would stay in the past if it was a sacrifice than the way it was setup. 

There was no explanation about the repaired shield. 

Speaking of the broken shield I liked that how closely the final battle resembled Tony’s Age of Ultron vision. That was a nice touch bringing the Tony’s arc full circle. 

Edited by Guest
Just now, Dani said:

There was no explanation about the repaired shield. 

Yeah, I just checked on the Marvel wiki and this is all they have:

After Steve Rogers traveled into the past, he obtained a past, undamaged version of the shield, which he passed to Sam Wilson as the new Captain America in the present.

Because I was thinking, where ever he got that from, wouldn't it have created another time branch?

As someone who really liked Hope Van Dyne in the Ant-Man movies(considering I hated Evangeline Lily's character Kate on LOST), I was pleasantly surprised to see her as the Wasp taking part in the final battle. I figured she'd show up along with her parents in an epilogue brought back from the snap but seeing her fight, especially alongside the other female Marvel superheroes, was awesome.

Edited by VCRTracking
  • Love 13
43 minutes ago, Dee said:

Heimdall

Killed in Infinity War - definitely dead.

I saw it again today and still hate Nat's death.   I caught some things that didn't sink in the first time - Nat and Steve talking in the beginning about how neither one of them is able to move on.  I suppose that was foreshadowing but Nat had shown so much growth.  I really don't like losing her.  When I saw this the first time, I really thought Steve would somehow bring her back.  And yes, she should have gotten more than a brief discussion with the guys and the Clint/Wanda scene.  Bruce does tell Steve that when he snapped his fingers, he tried to bring her back too but it didn't work; I missed that the first time.

Pepper and Tony - after he figures out that Scott's plan can work and they talk about it a bit, Tony says he could just go to bed and forget about it.  Pepper asks him if he would be able to rest.   When Tony is dying, Pepper tells him he can finally rest 😞

I caught some of Iron Man yesterday and when Tony escapes his captors, he tells Happy first he wants a cheeseburger.  In Endgame, Happy asks Morgan after Tony's funeral what she wants to eat and she says a cheeseburger; Happy gets a little choked up and I had wondered why the first time I saw it.  Now I know, so nice continuity there.

When Steve is fighting himself, past Steve "I can do this all day" present day "I know you can!" LOL

Rhody listing out loud all the time travel movies.  The team figuring out where the time stones were at various points in time/the universe.   Seriously, these bit scenes are the best.  Thor and Rocket sneaking past Loki.   Scott losing his taco; Nebula saying there's an idiot outside (meaning Scott).  Aw Scott, your plan saved everyone!

The various time heists (excepting Nat's death); Rocky, Rhody, Scott and Nebula are my favorite parts of the movie.  Again I was impressed with how Steve, Tony & Thor got good screen time and arcs yet these secondary characters were woven successfully throughout the film and played important roles.

I'm okay with the wibbly wobbly, timey wimey stuff.  I figured that the hero rat was the universe's way of trying to start righting a huge wrong.  There are probably alternate timelines floating around to mess things up for our remaining Avengers, which could be fun. 

If you go to Google and enter "Thanos"; click the glove (on my screen it was on the far right) and wait.  Click it again after it's done 🙂

• Useful 1
  • Love 16

I do wonder if Steve was able to keep his mouth shut about the Hyrda infiltration of SHIELD.

Is there a Morgan Stark who is Tony's cousin in the timeline, or did they just steal his name for Tony's daughter?

I was beginning to wonder if Gyneth Paltrow was going to even show up past the first scenes.  There was a lot of talk between Tony and his daughter talking about her but her not appearing.

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

Is there a Morgan Stark who is Tony's cousin in the timeline, or did they just steal his name for Tony's daughter?

In this timeline the name Morgan comes from Pepper’s Uncle. Tony mentions it in  Infinity War. 

54 minutes ago, raven said:

Killed in Infinity War - definitely dead.

I'm aware, but since all the other pre-snap 'permanent deaths' in Infinity War were referenced in some way (Gamora/Loki), I'm surprised the Russos didn't figure out how to weave in one last Heimdall appearance (especially given him being Thor's best friend), ie: during Thor & Rocket's return to Asgard.

• Love 1

I hate myself for this, but I was a little disappointed in Stan's final cameo.  I like the "'Nuff Said" bumper sticker (one of his lesser-known catchphrases) and if you've ever seen pictures of him from the 70s, you know the de-aging captured him perfectly, and I know there was no way they could have known what was going to happen, but it didn't quite have the heft that Spider-Verse and Captain Marvel did.

• Love 4

Just got back from seeing it.  So much to savor and process.  

On 4/26/2019 at 4:25 AM, Dee said:

The all female scene was awesome! I particularly liked Hope materializing out of nowhere to make sure she didn't miss a chance to kick some more ass. 

Even effin' Pepper!  This scene gave me chills.

On 4/26/2019 at 3:30 PM, DkNNy79 said:

I plan on bringing lots of tissue to the movie theater.  Expecting to do some serious ugly crying.

Smart move.  I think I was crying inside of the first 5 minutes.  Some of my weepier moments:

RDJ and his furious anger at Cap.  RDJ and his sweet bonding with his Dad.  Such great acting.  And speaking of great acting:

Thor.  Chris Hemsworth continually surprises me with how well he navigates from impeccable comedic lines to really serious drama.  So much love for him.

Antman.  When Scott sees his daughter?  WATERWORKS.  Such a moving scene with almost no dialogue but Paul Rudd does the damn thing right there.

I've never had 3 hours fly by like that.

• Love 8
12 minutes ago, starri said:

I hate myself for this, but I was a little disappointed in Stan's final cameo.  I like the "'Nuff Said" bumper sticker (one of his lesser-known catchphrases) and if you've ever seen pictures of him from the 70s, you know the de-aging captured him perfectly, and I know there was no way they could have known what was going to happen, but it didn't quite have the heft that Spider-Verse and Captain Marvel did.

Isn't Stan Lee's final cameo is in Spider-Man Far From Home?

Oh man, I thought I was undone after this movie but I’m crying again. Chris Evans posted that fans are posting thank yous under the hashtag #ThankYouAvengers. He then thanked fans.

All the tributes from the fans though. I’m a hot mess express again.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, raven said:

I'm okay with the wibbly wobbly, timey wimey stuff.  I figured that the hero rat was the universe's way of trying to start righting a huge wrong.  There are probably alternate timelines floating around to mess things up for our remaining Avengers, which could be fun.

I like the idea that the universe heals itself.  And thanks to The Good Place, I figured out the timeline stuff.

nvmw57gw36t11.jpg

• LOL 2
  • Love 17
23 minutes ago, Lugal said:

I like the idea that the universe heals itself.  And thanks to The Good Place, I figured out the timeline stuff.

nvmw57gw36t11.jpg

Ha!  That's awesome.  I'm a process flow analyst, I literally can't keep my brain from trying to figure out the flow.  😂  

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

Saw it today.  On an emotional level I think it was 9/10, but when it came to logic and some of the pacing it suffered.  On the whole I think it was as about as good as it could have been.  I was cheering inside when the magic portals started opening on the battlefield.

I expected Tony and Steve to die.  I was moved to tears by Tony' death and be realizing the now added weight of "I am Ironman."  He was the backbone of the MCU and it was a worthy, well acted send off.  When RDJ's sign off came up in the credits people in my theater cheered.

I mixed on Steve's ending.  I expected something darker when he started his mission to return the stones.  Banner said for him it would be "as long as it takes," and I thought that foreshadowed him returning to the time pad as an old man, or perhaps a mortally wounded Steve.  I love the suggestion by another poster that he should have gotten Nat's life back in return for the soul stone.  The way the goodbye was handled was odd given that it prioritized Sam over Bucky.  I'm fine with Sam as the next Cap, I just feel like they should both have gone to him.  I think they haven't handled the Bucky/Steve friendship well in the last couple of appearances compared to the weight it had in previous movies. 

Nat deserved more of a memorial.  I can accept her decision to sacrifice herself, but they should have spent more time on her and that choice.

I'm not a bit fan of the combined Banner/Hulk (Bulk?).  I like having them as separate entities, and I would think that Banner would like to be human size more often.

I thought Thor's weight was played as a cheap joke.  They could have addressed his depression and alcoholism without making light of him. 

I know that I should accept the wibbly wobbly timey wimeyness of this, but they went and lampshaded that they were going to do a single timeline in the setup to the time heist.  It could have worked and they were off to a good start until they had to find a way for the third act to be another confrontation with Thanos.  If they had modified the description of Tony's time GPS to be a multiverse GPS, it could have worked.  That way, while the characters were triggering alternates universes, they were still able to move back to their own branch of the multiverse.  Or, if they had to go back in time to go forward, so that they went around the branch point, that could have worked.  Even the Ancient One's worry about the impact of losing the time stone in her timeline would have supported this.  Cap could potentially have his happy ending in a different timeline.  For it to work in a single timeline, he would have to hide a lot of really terrible, preventable things from Peggy and not act on them himself.  That is not Cap-like.

For good or ill, it felt like they were trying really hard to hit the setup points for their future spinoffs.

• Love 10

I need to see it again (and I will, this Thursday) to fully flesh out my thoughts on the movie. It was a total love letter to the MCU and was full of callbacks and fan service and as a series finale I'm totally ok with that. I squealed when we got Agent Carter's Jarvis because I did not expect that. Would have loved a Coulson or Agents of SHIELD shout out as well. Also no Fury lines...at all??

• Love 2

I am back! It was so freaking good! Surpassed my expectations! The audience in my theater really got into the movie. It was fitting end to wonderful storytelling over 10 or so movies. Well done, Russo brothers, Feige, and all of MCU. They did a great job wrapping up so many stories. Those three hours were well used. So many thoughts. I will put down the immediate ones here.

I was spoiled, but Tony's death... heartbreaking and heroic at the same time. There were loud gasps and sobs. I couldn't tell if it was from adults or children. Peter calling him, "Mr. Stark" and then "Tony" as his voice broke somehow made it worse. It was fitting that Rhodey was there and then Pepper as Tony took his last breaths. 

Steve had his happy ending with Peggy! My heart sang with joy as they had finally had that promised dance. Steve got the life and love he wanted and deserved after all his heroic actions. He never stopped loving Peggy so he grabbed that chance at happiness. He was always her true love so I am thrilled that they had a life together, love and children. It isn't like the world didn't have a Captain America out there saving it and if he had interfered he might have jeopardized any chance of defeating Thanos. As Bruce said, that past was always Steve's future anyway. I can live with any plot holes and as far as I am concerned any thing he had with Sharon never existed.

Oh Nat. I know that she has been an Avenger, but it feels like she never got a full life like Tony and Steve did. At least, her sacrifice was not in vain. I hope where ever she and Gamora went that they are together. 

I cheered along with others when Mjolnir came to him for Steve is truly worthy. We also cheered with the other Avengers appeared behind Steve to take on Thanos. What an insane and well choreographed battle. So much was going on. I loved it! Also, the whole theater rolled when Steve looked on his past self and said, "that really is America's ass." Bwah.

Broken overweight Thor was hilarious and sad all at once. Poor Rocket when he grabbed him and held him against his protruding tummy. Chris Hemsworth was obviously having a blast. I hope Thor still has his own movies because as funny as he is playing off Quill, I love Thor, Valkyrie, Bruce, Miek, and Korg together.

I thought how they returned Gamora was clever. It allows her start over with Quill. The theater laughed when she knocked him down, turned to Nebula and said him really, only for Nebula to respond, it was between him and a tree. Who knew Groot had a shot. Ha!

Oh, I wasn't sure how I feel about this merged Bruce/Hulk, but if he is happy, alright then.

I am sure that I will be back with more thoughts in the morning.

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 10
10 minutes ago, Enigma X said:

Am I the only one who liked the Banner/Hulk mashup?

No, I like him/them? too!   I think the only thing I wasn't crazy about with Bruce/Hulk was the photo gag scene with Scott that went on way too long.  Especially loved him trying to blend in in 2012.

• Love 6
17 minutes ago, Enigma X said:

Am I the only one who liked the Banner/Hulk mashup?

4 minutes ago, Wynterwolf said:

No, I like him/them? too!   I think the only thing I wasn't crazy about with Bruce/Hulk was the photo gag scene with Scott that went on way too long.  Especially loved him trying to blend in in 2012.

I grew up reading the Peter David comics in the early 90s where the Bruce and Hulk personalities merged into what would later be referred to as the "Professor" persona and I liked that one a lot. I think the Endgame Hulk was a nice nod to that.

gammabase2.jpg

• Love 6
16 minutes ago, VCRTracking said:

This might be the best Alan Silvestri score ever:

You know, Marvel has gotten a lot of crap for their movie scores, but the Avenger riff has always been a favorite of mine, and its been in my playlists since the first time I heard it. I can’t wait to add this one too.

• Love 6

More thoughts. I really like how they used Tony's affection for Peter to change his mind about helping with time travel even though he was afraid of losing Morgan. All his feelings and guilt clearly came rushing back when he pensively looked at the photo with Peter. And then there was the pure joy on his face, when Peter greeted him on the battlefield. Tony reached in and pulled Peter into that hug and held on with all the love in the world.

The make up aging Chris Evans was amazingly well done. I didn't recognize him at first. I thought it was an older actor in the role at first, then camera focused on him and I realized that it was Chris.

I will miss Chris Evans as Captain America forever. The same way Christian Bale will always be Bruce Wayne to me, Chris Evans will always be Captain America to me. I can't imagine anyone, but Chris Evans bringing the looks, the heart, the sincerity, and patriotism to the role without coming off disingenuous and ridiculous.

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 17
18 hours ago, Amethyst said:

- Steve's ending, for all the reasons stated.  He definitely deserves his happy ending with Peggy, but it feels cheap if that means Peggy's happy life was erased because of it.  I'm hoping that was an alternate timeline, although I'm not sure how that would happen.

No, Steve was Peggy's happy life all along. He was her husband and father of her children. 

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, SimoneS said:

No, Steve was Peggy's happy life all along. He was her husband and father of her children. 

I'm going on the it was an alternate version based on the rules set up by the movie. I do think they deliberately made it ambiguous as to what happened. I posted before though that seeing Steve old felt right. No matter how hard he tried to adjust he just was always a man out of time.

• Love 4
16 minutes ago, SimoneS said:

will miss Chris Evans as Captain America forever. The same way Christian Bale will always be Bruce Wayne to me, Chris Evans will always be Captain America to me. I can't imagine anyone, but Chris Evans bringing the looks, the heart, the sincerity, and patriotism to the role without coming off disingenuous and ridiculous.

Same. I love Sam and Bucky but, neither is Captain America. That will always be Steve/Chris Evans to me. I know this was Chris Evans exit from the MCU as much as it was RDJs but, I will keep hope alive that they somehow find a way to bring Evans back as Cap.

• Love 7
20 minutes ago, VCRTracking said:

I'm going on the it was an alternate version based on the rules set up by the movie. I do think they deliberately made it ambiguous as to what happened. I posted before though that seeing Steve old felt right. No matter how hard he tried to adjust he just was always a man out of time.

20 minutes ago, Vera said:

I thought Steve creates an entirely new timeline? So Peggy's life in the OG timeline still exists. 

There are no alternative timelines. As Bruce said, going to the past is your future so you cannot change the past. Steve's story is confusing because based on an early leak of the movie that I read an important scene was cut out. At Tony's funeral, Nick gives Steve a letter from Peggy and says that she was always very private about her personal life. In the letter, she tells him that now he has saved the world, it is time to come back to her. Steve is confused, but then he understands so when he went to return the stones he never intended to return as a young man. He always was going to stay with Peggy because that was his future, it just occurred in the past.

@VCRTracking, I agree. Steve was always a man out of his time. He never really adjusted or felt that he belonged in this future. His love for Peggy anchored him firmly in the past.  

Edited by SimoneS
  • Useful 1
  • Love 10

If we are going with that then Steve had to show up after the events in Agent Carter which I think only spanned a year or 2 after he went down in the plane. Peggy was dating on that show. Also did he just hide out and be a house husband? Or was that SHIELD's best kept secret. 

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 4
22 minutes ago, Sakura12 said:

If we are going with that then Steve had to show up after the events in Agent Carter which I think only spanned a year or 2 after he went down in the plane. Peggy was dating on that show. Also did he just hide out and be a house husband? Or was that SHIELD's best kept secret. 

Here is where the flaws in the plot reveal themselves. Steve had to have re-entered Peggy's life after she got involved with D'Souza who she was kissing and presumably entered into a relationship with when Agent Carter ended. Nick said Peggy kept her personal life private so we have to accept that no one at SHIELD knew her husband's identity. She didn't socialize with them which I suppose is possible given their line of work. Steve got a new identity and went on with his life with Peggy. I mean, we talking about late 40s here, not the age of Internet where it is difficult to hide.

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 3
13 minutes ago, SimoneS said:

Here is where the flaws in the plot reveal themselves. Steve had to have re-entered Peggy's life after she got involved with D'Souza who she was kissing and presumably entered into a relationship with when Agent Carter ended. Nick said Peggy kept her personal life private so we have to accept that no one at SHIELD knew her husband's identity. She didn't socialize with them which I suppose is possible given their line of work. Steve got a new identity and went on with his life with Peggy. It mean, we talking about late 40s here, not the age of Internet where it is difficult to hide.

My problem is I can’t believe Steve wouldn't want to run SHIELD with Peggy. The man spent his life fighting bullies, I just can’t believe he would choose to sit things out, even after Endgame. My head canon is he was SHIELD’s best kept secret. Sent in when things where just absolutely bonkers.

Things really start to unravel if you start thinking about Tony and Howard, Bucky and Nat. Would Steve just ignore his friends in the past when he could do something?

• Love 10
43 minutes ago, SimoneS said:

Setting aside the time travel issues my biggest problem with this theory has always been Sharon. She has been shown to be close to Peggy and there is no way I can see her not recognizing her own Uncle. 

1 hour ago, SnoGirl said:

My problem is I can’t believe Steve wouldn't want to run SHIELD with Peggy. The man spent his life fighting bullies, I just can’t believe he would choose to sit things out, even after Endgame. My head canon is he was SHIELD’s best kept secret. Sent in when things where just absolutely bonkers.

Things really start to unravel if you start thinking about Tony and Howard, Bucky and Nat. Would Steve just ignore his friends in the past when he could do something?

I agree that Steve would have wanted to help, but you have to keep in mind that if he interfered, shared what he knew or did anything to change their lives, he could erase the one chance that they had to defeat Thanos, his actions could have resulted in Thanos winning and destroying the earth. 

1 hour ago, Dani said:

Setting aside the time travel issues my biggest problem with this theory has always been Sharon. She has been shown to be close to Peggy and there is no way I can see her not recognizing her own Uncle. 

Again, there are flaws in the plot. I just ignore Sharon's existence so it works for me.

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 1

My problem is that Hydra were deeply hidden within all of SHIELD. Dr Zola created the crazy algorithm to eliminate all potential enemies. I would think that he and Hydra would be very much interested in every aspect of one of the founders and leaders of SHIELD.  And Zola knew what Captain America looked like.

• Love 5
9 minutes ago, SnoGirl said:

I also keep thinking about poor Peggy in Winter Soldier, how hard it must have been for a woman with Alzheimer's to keep straight the fact that her husband is both old and young, and not give that away.  And wouldn't Steve have been curious to meet her husband?  And been suspicious if he couldn't?  I don't know, just... lots of questions.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, cleo said:

Hated Danvers haircut. If they want to make her a lesbian, fine, but it just seemed like a stereotype/trying too hard. 

She had her hair short in the comics recently. I prefer long hair too but we'll see what it'll be in the Captain Marvel 2.

1 hour ago, cleo said:

Didn't like Captain America using Thor's hammer.

He could always lift in the comics. It wiggled in Age of Ultron of Steve's try when they were all taking turns. I'm glad he was just being humble and he really could do it.

If the leak about the letter is true then that would mean Steve is in a "causal loop". However a causal loop doesn't mean you can't have alternate timelines. Thanos and Nebula from 2014 dying, Loki taking the Tesseract are all alternate timelines. If Steve changed one major thing like expose Hydra hiding in SHIELD in the 50s, he wouldn't change the present he came from. Instead he would create an alternate timeline   with a future he can no longer predict because the history that happened would be changed. Everyone he ever knew in the prime timeline from Tony to Natasha could possibly not exist in this alternate timeline.

Edited by VCRTracking

I got spoiled on Tuesday about Tony's death in a totally irrelevant YouTube comments section. Since Tony is my favourite character, the movie was pretty much unsalvageable for me so I went full on Dr Strange and got all the spoilers. Saw some screencaps of the death scene which destroyed me. I was HOPING that if I absorbed enough, I would like become desensitized to it and would not leave the theater a shaking sobbing mess.

HAHAHA. yeah, right. As soon as Dr Strange held up his finger to signal this was their one chance, the floodgates opened and I did not stop crying until the credits rolled. I don't even remember any of Cap's stuff that happened after (nor do I care, not a Cap fan). I'm glad that Tony got his 5 years with Pepper and Morgan, but it just wasn't enough. He deserved a lifetime with them.

Overall I give the movie an 8/10. The tension didn't feel as steady as it did in Infinity War and the time travelling was just confusing and all over the place, as amusing as it was. Loved all of the callbacks to the other movies, from Morgan wanting a cheeseburger, to Pepper suiting up again (Rescue!!! Which was spoiled back in August and in interviews about Infinity War prior!!! But Rescue!!! *GESTURES WILDLY AT HER USER ICON*), to revisiting all of the older scenes with the stones.

One of the reasons I knew a Tony death would kill me was because RDJ would act the shit out of it. And he did, from his "I am Iron Man" (more chills) to his "Hi, Pep" in his last breaths, yeah between him, Tom Holland, and Gwyneth herself (I razz on GP and her zaniness but she is an amazing actress) I was just a wreck. It's so unfair. At least he died surrounded by his family and friends, but I still am bitter that Cap got to live out his life with Peggy while Tony gave it all up. And I honestly think that was an intentional switch the Russos made: I think most of us bet on Cap dying which would have been the more obvious choice. He has less to lose, he's still a man out of time.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go back to sobbing every time YouTube suggests an Endgame related video to me.

Edited by Valerie
  • Love 6

I've been thinking about the return of everyone who was snapped. Of course, yay everyone's back. But think about ALL the snapped people in the entire universe returning. Some people may have remarried, moved on, have a new family, their jobs have been filled, or maybe their significant other or parent killed themselves in grief, or has a drug/alcohol problem, is in financial ruin... who knows? It won't just be yay you're back for everyone.
Also, I never understood the point of Thanos's halving of all life, plant and animal too. Doesn't that just put the universe in the same position really? If there are half the people and half the plants and animals, it's at the same ratio. What's the point? I understood eliminating half the people but not half of all life.

• Love 14
1 hour ago, Dani said:

The most controversial thing about ‘Avengers: Endgame’ is going to surprise you

This article has Hulk and the Ancient One’s time travel explanation. I agree with it’s conclusion that each change creates a new timeline. The implications of the alternative is head ache inducing for me.  It also has a a list of the possible new timelines created throughout Endgame. 

I will have to rewatch the movie, but that I am pretty sure that article got it wrong. The Ancient One said that the problem was if the Avengers lost or weren't able to return the stones to exact time then her reality i.e. world in the past would be left without a way to defend itself. I am pretty sure she never mentioned being worried about creating alternative timelines. Bruce promises that they will return the stones and if Strange didn't believe that they could, why did he give the Time Stone to Thanos? Strange's decision to give Thanos is what convinces her to hand over the Time Stone. She realized that Strange must know that it is the only way to defeat Thanos and that the stones would be returned without damaging the past. If there were alternate timelines created, she would have never handed over the Time Stone. Any possibility of changing the timeline was eliminated once the stones were replaced before anyone noticed they were missing, this is why they called it a "time heist."

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, raven said:

Pepper and Tony - after he figures out that Scott's plan can work and they talk about it a bit, Tony says he could just go to bed and forget about it.  Pepper asks him if he would be able to rest.   When Tony is dying, Pepper tells him he can finally rest 

"We're going to be fine. You can rest now." And the way she's holding it together to soothe him, and then crumples as soon as he's gone. 😭

3 hours ago, Lugal said:

nvmw57gw36t11.jpg

"Jeremy Bearimy, baby". And now I'm crying again!

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, ChromaKelly said:

I've been thinking about the return of everyone who was snapped. Of course, yay everyone's back. But think about ALL the snapped people in the entire universe returning. Some people may have remarried, moved on, have a new family, their jobs have been filled, or maybe their significant other or parent killed themselves in grief, or has a drug/alcohol problem, is in financial ruin... who knows? It won't just be yay you're back for everyone.
Also, I never understood the point of Thanos's halving of all life, plant and animal too. Doesn't that just put the universe in the same position really? If there are half the people and half the plants and animals, it's at the same ratio. What's the point? I understood eliminating half the people but not half of all life.

True, However, it sets up wonderful stories and conflicts for the franchises that will continue in the next phase of the MCU. How will Wakanda react to T'Challa, Shuri and others coming back.. 5 years is a lot of time to be gone. 

• Love 5
32 minutes ago, Dani said:

The most controversial thing about ‘Avengers: Endgame’ is going to surprise you

This article has Hulk and the Ancient One’s time travel explanation. I agree with it’s conclusion that each change creates a new timeline. The implications of the alternative is head ache inducing for me.  It also has a a list of the possible new timelines created throughout Endgame. 

Yeah, that's how I read it too (and wow, the list of alternate time lines!).  And even THEY point out that whatever Steve did is a plot hole, since it's not easily explained by the logic that was given on screen, and we apparently need additional information to get it clear what he did. 

I think it could make sense if OldSteve created an alternate timeline (which eliminates the problem of two Steves in the main MCU line), and I could see Howard and Tony being alive in the alternate timeline, so they would likely have created tech for OldSteve to get back to the main MCU timeline and bring a new shield with him.