Type keyword(s) to search

S37.E04: Time to Bring Out the Charmpocalypse

Whimsy
  • Start Topic

After a surprising tribe swap, castaways from the “David” and “Goliath” tribes must learn to work together. Also, a castaway’s typical bossy nature could rub her new tribe the wrong way.

My husband was fucking around and blew a fuse so I missed almost the entire second half.

I can’t wait to watch what I missed On Demand tomorrow because from what I saw of TC it looks delightful.

Elizabeth can start wearing pants on a permanent basis any time now.

• Love 4

Natalia and Kara didn't even vote together? I assume this means that Kara did know that the vote was for Natalia but that she didn't want to upset her by voting for her?

Hello, Purple Lyrsa and Purple Allison.

• Love 5

I hate 3 tribe swaps!  I was down on Natalie this episode-I am totally getting the Phillip vibe some others have mentioned about her.  I liked Christian’s explanation of the tribe divisions being gerrymandering.  I also liked him trying to BFF John right on the mat.  He was all sorts of adorable at his new tribe.  They definitely have an advantage in strength and smarts.

I did love the reaction from the Davids at the reveal of Jeremy being booted.  Notably Gabby with a stunned mouth drop, contrasted to Davie who just did a ‘whatever’ shrug. 

That is how you hide an idol show!  Seriously Dan had the easiest idol find this season so far.  I like the advantage, but kind of think it’ll be a waste (like most advantages on this show).  Maybe an artifact for Ghost Island 2.0?  Here’s something I hate about sending someone to exile and having them join the losing tribe: it would make no sense for a Goliath to flip and lose a numbers advantage.  Just let Carl on a tribe and have that tribe have an extra person.  Alec himself said as much.

I think Mike was a better fit for the Davids.  He had no problem selling Dan out.  Sadly, I’m not sure if he’ll turn on Angelina or Natalie.  But if he does, I’ll finally be a fan!  And is Mason/Dixon done, or will it be Rockstar Mason/Dixon if they all make it to the merge together?

• Love 9
1 minute ago, jsm1125 said:

I assume this means that Kara did know that the vote was for Natalia but that she didn't want to upset her by voting for her?

I don’t think Kara knew. I think Alec left her out of the loop in fear she’d tell Natalia.

• Love 14

What a sore loser! The swap was too soon, I still don’t know some of these players or their names but Natalia was bossy. And I like Elizabeth, I didn’t want her to go.

I was kind of surprised that a Goliath was voted off that tribe, now they are outnumbered by the David’s.

I like the new HII nullifier, something new and it’ll be interesting to see how it’s played. 

• Love 18
1 minute ago, vb68 said:

That took some balls for Davie not to play his idol when everyone was being sketchy as hell at tribal!

I’d love to know what his heart rate was during that. They should hook them all up to monitors and let the viewers watch.

• Love 12
2 minutes ago, cooksdelight said:

I don’t blame Bi for leaving, she could have ruined her knee otherwise.

Considering her career, I don’t blame her either.  Look what happened to Christmas on Big Brother.

Although it did make me giggle when Jeff said the word “quit” sixty seven times.  Like way to rub it there, Peachy.  It’s not like she had a “stomach ailment.”

• Love 23

Okay . . . I wasn't paying attention. Why did Natalia get voted out? Basically, I spend a lot of time hoping Natalie got the boot, so I'm having trouble with the notion of the Goliath majority now in the minority. Honestly, I don't know why I watch early episodes, when I usually "wake up" around midseason.

Bye, Bi! Shit, not as clever since she pronounces it "Bee." That doesn't count as a scornworthy quit, right? She's an MMA fighter, she needs her body parts to fight. Seems logical.

The Nullifier! Basically, I'm treating this like any development on this series or The Challenge . . . looks awesome on paper, has a better chance to disappoint. Funny to imagine someone blocking an idol for the very first time. Well, unless you count Tai preventing Scot from playing Super Idol. Yes, that thought still makes me happy.

How much you want to bet Christian trademarked the phrase "Charmpocalypse"? Cute to see him bond with John, though. Maybe an alliance with those two and Gabby?

Natalie? Still grating. I feel bad for Mike the most. I don't think anyone has used "I had to fucking deal with that person!" on their Day 39 resume . . . and Sandra could have claimed that twice.

• Love 9

Well "Poop my pants!"  Bye Natalia!

The Karl thing is a bit of a wildcard.

I generally hate these swaps into a 3 way, so of course  somehow the darling Goliaths end up majority of all 3 new tribes.

Glad to see another blindside.

Queen Natalie doing her act.   Sucks that she's staying.

Nick the Dick, doing his act.  Sucks that he's staying.

Charmpocolypse.  Decent plan Christian.  Dumb jocks enjoy when you make them feel smart :)

Interesting wrinkle on the "blind caller" challenge.

I so wanted Angelina to screw that up, but it worked out nicely.

I felt bad for Gabby.  So happy she wins the puzzle and saves herself.

I give Elizabeth credit for working it.

"You totally trust these girls, right?"  Heh heh heh.

I didn't understand Nat's exit whining.  Ya got overthrown, Queenie.

• Love 11

I know I am on an island of one but I am going to miss Natalia.  I like the players with strong personalities. She is real and I especially like the bitter exit, seems so old school to me.  In other news I feel bad for BI but I can't blame her for wanting to dio further damage to her knee especially being an athlete and all.  Nick can leave anytime. He is the exact opposite of Natalia. So fake with all this naming alliances and crap. ugh.

Edited by LanceM
  • Love 7
7 minutes ago, susannot said:

Agree with all that I loved the Christian, Gabby, and John team.

I missed the first half of the episode (will catch up later) but does this mean John ended up on the same tribe as Christian and Gabby? That must have made Christian's life considering how obsessed he was by the "mayor of Slam Town".

• Love 5
30 minutes ago, LadyChatts said:

I think Mike was a better fit for the Davids.  He had no problem selling Dan out. 

Yeah, I would agree. I definitely the sense he would vibe a lot better with them. I just thinking from a casting standpoint, he's a little too high profile to argue he's a David.  But after tonight, I think he's flipping.

Edited by vb68
  • Love 6

I think the tribe split would have been the next episode if Bi had stayed, but with her leaving they bumped it up to the third episode. They had two days to set up a different challenge than the planned one. 17 would have been very awkward for a 3-way tribe swap.

Purple tribe is like the land of misfit toys with Nick, Lyrsa, Mike, Natalie and some guy whose name I don't know. And there's Natalie being Miss Bossy Butt which she just sits on and does nothing else. Wait, I contradict myself, she actually did something physical in the immunity challenge!

I had a feeling Natalia was going to go when they showed that speech of hers about ready for tribal with guns a-blazin' and going down in a flame (or something like that). It was fun to see! She will be Natalie when she grows up.

I do like surprising tribals!

• Love 9
3 minutes ago, HighwayFlower said:

That may have been one of my favorite blindsides! Her bossiness was obnoxious! But I am shocked Elizabeth was able to pull that off. It will be interesting going forward to see if she is that smart, or if Alec is that dumb.

Alec is that dumb. I know it makes great tv and it would have been great if one of the Navitis did this last season but it really is a dumb move on so many levels. Way too early to make a "big move" and if I hear the word resume again and I think I am going to smash my head against the wall. Nobody cares what you do pre-merge

• Love 13
32 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

The worst thing about this episode was that Angelina was *so* *damn* good in that challenge and I don't want to like her!  I don't like the show putting me in this position!  She really, really, kept her cool and she had to handle Natalie too.  Dammit.

Not to rub salt in your wound, but I also thought she gave a kind and gracious speech to Bi when she left :)

27 minutes ago, LadyChatts said:

I don't know if it was a case of Alec just not liking Natalia, or if Elizabeth's words got to him.  She is a gamer and should not be underestimated.  She played the whole 'big moves', 'resume', and saying whoever made the moves would be there in the end part perfectly.  I did not expect any of this from her.

She played it very well - he seemed kind of like a big dummy to me when Davie was talking to him, and I think Elizabeth's speech there just put him over the edge!  I could almost see his thought bubble reading "That could be me!!"

• Love 11

I think if I had to be stuck in an elevator with either Naggin’ Natalie or CryGabby, I would choose Natalie.  She may be bossy, but at least we wouldn’t drown from all the crying Gabby’d be doing.  ”Whahhhhh!!! what if no one comes to rescue us because they don’t like meeeeee!!  I’m not c-c-cool enough for people to s-s-s-save <sob sob snivel snivel>”

Maybe because I am getting old and tired, but I don’t remember seeing so many people cry this early in the game.  Someone has cried every episode!  I can see getting emotionally drained after being beaten down by homesickness, deprivation and physical fatigue over the course of several weeks, but this crew is barely 2 weeks in.  Never mind dehydration from the heat...if they all keep crying at this rate, there will be dried up husks of non-Survivors littering the beaches of Fiji.

buh-bye Natalia...she wouldn’t have lasted much longer anyway IMO.  Just too high strung and she let the paranoia get the better of her.

• Love 11

Man, I was hoping that Natalie's team would lose so they could vote her out ! I probably would have lost it and cussed her out if she had talked to me that way at camp. It's one thing for someone to be bossy when that someone is actually doing so work also, but she just sat there on her fat ass barking orders ( that we saw anyway. Could have been editing.) And you know when she gets voted out , she will be like "Oh, they were just intimidated by me". Or some other crap. No, you were just a lazy, bossy know-it-all.

Gabby is cute, but she's losing it a little. She does realize that her odds of winning the game are pretty small anyway ? Chill out. But I do get it, a lot of people have a hard time fitting in, especially when they think the rest of the group is better than they are ( which usually isn't true, but...)

• Love 9

Here I was all set to come here to post about being upset that The Purple Team didn't lose because by some quirk of fate nearly everyone that I actively dislike wound up on that team and I would welcome any of them to go home but then we get this DELICIOUS blindside. It's been ages since I've enjoyed one like that so much...there is nothing better than getting a mean girl having her ass handed to her ALA every Teen Comedy Hollywood has ever made. That was great. With that said for a viewer that was great...for Alex though...voluntarily putting himself in the minority seems like a blunder and he did so fully aware of what he was doing.  As for purple...well now I have an team where I can root squarely against them all the way until the merge.

To bad about "BE or B or B" however you say it. Thank goodness Gabby was safe because losing both Asian eye candy in the same episode would have been a blow. With that said I think her quitting was premature....you don't know in advance what the challenges are and she could easily have been the caller in a non-physical role sitting on the wheelbarrow thus giving her more time to heal. Yeah, that was premature.

Anyway...all that really matters to me is my Gabby is safe! I adore her and would love to be the one to comfort her. I just hate it that she puts so much trust in Christian as she is unaware only a few days ago he was actively willing to throw her under the bus to accommodate that slimeball that made up the Dixon part of the Mason/Dixon alliance.. I was so scared for her when she made herself the shot caller because if they fail many times its the caller that takes the rap for the loss whether fair or not. I really, really hopes she makes it to the merge and beyond!

P.S. After tonight I am convinced that Natalie is a CBS plant put there to stir things up. No one could possibly have worse gameplay when it comes to social skills and people management than what has been on display from her this season.

Edited by North of Eden
  • Love 4
25 minutes ago, BusyOctober said:

Someone has cried every episode!

I think I would cry.  The weather looks horrible.  Sometimes I want to cry and I have a pretty cushy life.  Unfortunately, the editors seem to love to showcase people in these low periods.  Honestly, I don't know if Gabby's even being real at this point.  I believed Bi's tears. I believe Carl no matter what he does.  But Gabby!?  I don't know......  

22 minutes ago, willco said:

Man, I was hoping that Natalie's team would lose so they could vote her out ! I probably would have lost it and cussed her out if she had talked to me that way at camp.

I was thinking the same..... wondering what my reaction would be.  I'd want to just ignore her or walk away then I realized it's not like I know how to make a fire anyway.  I don't know.  Hard to say.

• Love 8
26 minutes ago, BusyOctober said:

I think if I had to be stuck in an elevator with either Naggin’ Natalie or CryGabby, I would choose Natalie.  She may be bossy, but at least we wouldn’t drown from all the crying Gabby’d be doing.  ”Whahhhhh!!! what if no one comes to rescue us because they don’t like meeeeee!!  I’m not c-c-cool enough for people to s-s-s-save <sob sob snivel snivel>”

Maybe because I am getting old and tired, but I don’t remember seeing so many people cry this early in the game.  Someone has cried every episode!  I can see getting emotionally drained after being beaten down by homesickness, deprivation and physical fatigue over the course of several weeks, but this crew is barely 2 weeks in.  Never mind dehydration from the heat...if they all keep crying at this rate, there will be dried up husks of non-Survivors littering the beaches of Fiji.

buh-bye Natalia...she wouldn’t have lasted much longer anyway IMO.  Just too high strung and she let the paranoia get the better of her.

In terms of the crying, I think (someone correct me if I'm wrong, and I could very well be wrong) it's been raining and storming a great deal of the time.   So that, on top of everything else, could factor into the emotional meltdown that we have seen.

I watched and rewatched that tribal several times.   I could not get enough of those facial expressions, especially from Alec!    Great job editors!!!!!

Davie played the whole thing brilliantly.   Remember when he and Alex/Alec (?) were on the hammock and Davie asked him if he felt he could trust the girls.   Alex paused for just a second and said "no".   I think the seed was planted then and when Alex gave the look to Davie during tribal, Davie knew to vote for Natalia.   

Edited by EllipticalAddicted
  • Love 6

Here lies Naviti Strong, Spring 2018-Fall 2018. Good riddance to bad rubbish!

1 hour ago, truthaboutluv said:

Most hilarious blindside reaction/exit since Jay blindsided Michaela.

Which was fitting, since Alec listed Jay (along with Malcolm and Joe -- one of these things is not like the other) as one of the players he wanted to play like or thought he'd play like in pre-season interviews.

29 minutes ago, princelina said:

Not to rub salt in your wound, but I also thought she gave a kind and gracious speech to Bi when she left

And I thought Angelina made Bi's exit all about herself. "Look at my tears of empathy, look how empathetic I am."

• Love 8

Who’s the southern half of Mason-Dixon, is that Nick?

Goddamn is he annoying with needing an alliance name for every person he has a conversation with.

I’m disappointed in Mike, honestly, for being so eager to go along with it.

• Love 7

I mean, Nick is just being smarmy and charmapocalypsy right?  He's not trustworthy at all, right?  I think that Mike White is a genius so I was a little surprised that he didn't realize Nick has already done this with someone and he was being way too ingratiating way too fast.  But I have the benefit on seeing this on TV so I don't know how easily I'd be charmed myself.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, North of Eden said:

P.S. After tonight I am convinced that Natalie is a CBS plant put there to stir things up. No one could possibly have worse gameplay when it comes to social skills and people management than what has been on display from her this season.

I like this theory.  

18 minutes ago, Wandering Snark said:

All us bad lunch table experiences kids have to stick together.

Word!

• Love 12
1 hour ago, cooksdelight said:

I’ve been there, back in high school I was not one of the cool kids. 

Is it a lunchroom thing?  We didn't have to eat in the lunchroom, not enough room.  1 - 6 grade we went home everyday.  7 & 8 we were locked down but could go outside in a gated courtyard for lunch.  High school, maybe if it was a storm or something, we had open campus and the ladies that lived around the school opened up their side doors and sold stuff like hot dog/chips/kool-aid for 75 cents.  I just went home and ate.  It was the 70s too and most of us were stoned so.............................didn't even see bullying.

1 hour ago, cooksdelight said:
1 hour ago, vb68 said:

That took some balls for Davie not to play his idol when everyone was being sketchy as hell at tribal!

I’d love to know what his heart rate was during that. They should hook them all up to monitors and let the viewers watch.

I'd watch that!  I was all, "Don't use it, I think you don't have to. "  I love when the person sent home gets all pissy and then wonders why, why they were sent home.

13 minutes ago, Wandering Snark said:
2 hours ago, Rachel RSL said:

The Idol Nullifier is an interesting twist. That’s brand new so nobody will see it coming. Although what are the odds it will be used properly?

It could be the greatest thing ever if the planets align correctly. The best would be obnoxious blowhard that everyone hates decides to 'Just wear this badboy now' and rub it in everyone's face that he's safe but evenso WHAM! Out on your ass! It would be beautiful. I'm sure it will amount to nothing but we can dream right?

I agree but I am wondering if the playing of the nullifier could be very tricky.  This season it might be good to wait it out for the person who is bragging or even wearing the idol.  No better chance than this season to plan it perfectly.  Of course he will probably break a leg, lose his mind and get voted out so.......................

The black nerd who drives a PT Cruiser?  Why dude, why?

• Love 1

Random thoughts on episode 4 "Nitwit, Overplay, Won't Last"

• Not smart, Alec.  You won't outwit, outplay, or outlast for long.  Soon, you'll just be out.
  • Charmpocalypse?  C'mon, Charmageddon would've been the end all.
  • When they got to the tribe swap, some producer realized they had one too many contestants and decided to dredge up Exile Island.  That clue looked like it took three minutes to write, and the big blue laced coconut another two minutes.
  • Love 5

Thank you, thank you, thank you, Alec.  Ya big dummy.  Not a smart move for you, but boy did you make my night!  Turned out great as far as I'm concerned.  I hope this changes the odds of a super predictable decimation of the Davids. 

• Love 17

I didn’t know that there was an Alec, but go Alec!

I didn’t know Angelina from Natalia, so this really helps. 

Was the vote more Elizabeth or Davey?  It seemed like Elizabeth put Natalia in Davey’s head, then he put in Alec’s head whilst throwing Elizabeth under the bus. 

• Love 8

The people on Natalie's new team have some amazing self control. As soon as she started assigning jobs I would have come back with "And what will you be doing?" The answer is obviously nothing but micromanaging. That fire scene was excruciating. I know she has employees she manages/harangues but PLEASE tell me that she doesn't have children or a pet.

Then there was Natalia. Vote the way I tell you and then shut up. As soon as Kara and Elizabeth started talking about horses you could just see her hostility. Alec was not thinking clearly (I mean this was not Natalie level bossiness) but she made it really easy for him to be swayed. Was not sorry to see her go. And this is how the Davids just might find their chance. 

Hopefully Gabby can pull it together both for her and Christian's sake. That amount of anxiety is exhausting. After the challenge maybe she felt she could talk to the 'cool kids'. Interesting to hear John talk about his social anxiety and relating to Christian.

• Love 16

I'm surprised that Bi removed herself from the game. Sorry to see her go. It's understandable for her to choose to leave so she doesn't have to make her knee any worse.

As far as the challenge went, I'm glad the Green and Purple team won. Can't believe I'm going to say this but I was impressed with Angelina's calling, dealing with Natalie during that challenge, and coming from behind to take the win from orange. She is growing on me. I can respect gameplay.

That was a funny exit from Natalia. Alec shouldn't have flipped this early in the game, but I'm glad that another goliath ended up leaving the game. I chuckled at "Don't say you're sorry, shut up".

Oh, yeah, and please give Alison a confessional. I'm still waiting and wanting to hear from her. She is the only one to not get a confessional in her new tribe.

• Love 4