Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggars and Their World: Fashion, Food, Finance, Schoolin’ and Child Rearin'

• Start Topic

22 hours ago, AUgirl said:

We have a stupid rule we can't wear blue jeans to work any day but Friday. We can however wear demin skirts. I have a couple I wear when if a shirt doesn't look right with black or white jeans (which we are permitted to wear). However mine are defraudingly above the knee.

I worked as a nurse at a Catholic Hospital when then there were still several nuns working there.  The head of the hospital was a very nice nun, but she did not like denim.  We were not allowed to wear anything denim at any time at the hospital, even if we were changing into scrubs immediately upon arrival.  That anti-denim rule lasted a very long time.

• Love 3

Is it wrong of me that before looking more closely, I thought the chubby guy in the front was Smuggar? People thought he'd lost a lot of weight before the wedding, but hey, suits hide multitudes of sins, as does posing from an angle. Look at Cheeto Benito for Example A. 

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Kokapetl said:

It’s nice that you love a great dinner together, but perhaps inform the tie wearers beforehand that they’ll be overdressed. 

Photo is a fuck you internet moment because they are using plastic real plates to eat off of.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, SMama said:

Who is the robust man at the forefront? I know this is major BEC, but why is Spurgeon sitting closer to Jana than his mother?

I didn't see Spurge.  I was just happy Jana got to sit near someone her own age (Benessa.) I forgot she was needed to balance Spurge & Henry on her lap while eating so Benessa could eat their meals.

5 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Is it wrong of me that before looking more closely, I thought the chubby guy in the front was Smuggar? People thought he'd lost a lot of weight before the wedding, but hey, suits hide multitudes of sins, as does posing from an angle. Look at Cheeto Benito for Example A. 

I thought it was Smugs too.

• Love 4
49 minutes ago, Barb23 said:

I didn't see Spurge.  I was just happy Jana got to sit near someone her own age (Benessa.) I forgot she was needed to balance Spurge & Henry on her lap while eating so Benessa could eat their meals.

I thought it was Smugs too.

In the comments next to the picture, someone says the mystery man is Caleb Williams, a friend of the family. Is that Spurge at head of the table next to Jana and Benessa? 

• Love 2
1 minute ago, bythelake said:

In the comments next to the picture, someone says the mystery man is Caleb Williams, a friend of the family. Is that Spurge at head of the table next to Jana and Benessa? 

And Caleb is stuck at the end of the table with the little girls!

4 minutes ago, bythelake said:

And if you click on it and take a closer look, Caleb's undies are clearly visible.  I am defrauded. 

• Love 7
18 hours ago, Kokapetl said:

It’s nice that you love a great dinner together, but perhaps inform the tie wearers beforehand that they’ll be overdressed. 

My nightmare would be seated near them.  They are probably loud, noisy, with lots of kids running around.  I hope that place serves booze.

Edited by ariel
  • Love 3
12 hours ago, ariel said:

My nightmare would be seated near them.  They are probably loud, noisy, with lots of kids running around.  I hope that place serves booze.

They are probably also a nightmare for the waitstaff.  I can just see them running a server ragged and leaving a few bible tracts as a tip.  I hope the restaurant has a mandatory gratuity for large parties. 

• Love 16
52 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

They are probably also a nightmare for the waitstaff.  I can just see them running a server ragged and leaving a few bible tracts as a tip.  I hope the restaurant has a mandatory gratuity for large parties. 

They probably expect the waiters to kiss their butts, and yes!  I can see them leaving no cash & bible leaflets instead.  I would bet they avoid places that automatically tack on a large party gratuity.  If I can't afford to leave a 15-20% tip, I stay home.  I hate stinginess.

• Love 12
2 hours ago, Jenniferbug said:

A Facebook friend of mine (who is also an educator) posted this picture of the textbook (or maybe I should say "textbook") that a colleague of hers purchased at the Creation Museum. Of course I thought of the Duggars. 

FB_IMG_1506470847274.jpg

Ok. That's hilarious. I love how it carefully cherry picks what to cover prior to 1500. If this is a world history textbook (although it seems more like an American history textbook), then I am alarmed. I would love to see any Duggar or Gothard follower try to make it through even the first chapter of my World History AP textbook.

11971412.jpg

On second thought, it would be highly entertaining to see my WHAP teacher teach a history lesson to any of the high school aged Duggars. She was tough, but passionate about history and very knowledgeable. They would be lost within a minute. 

• Love 5
On 9/26/2017 at 9:34 PM, SnarkyShark said:

Ok. That's hilarious. I love how it carefully cherry picks what to cover prior to 1500. If this is a world history textbook (although it seems more like an American history textbook), then I am alarmed. I would love to see any Duggar or Gothard follower try to make it through even the first chapter of my World History AP textbook.

11971412.jpg

On second thought, it would be highly entertaining to see my WHAP teacher teach a history lesson to any of the high school aged Duggars. She was tough, but passionate about history and very knowledgeable. They would be lost within a minute. 

I want to call them and see if they will ship the books to me . I  am looking for some new humor materials for reading. 

• Love 1

Michelle (Jana and of course, Laura) took the little girls and Mack out for birthday lunches the other day. I don't know where in the world this family goes out of their way to shop for the ugliest, frumpiest, vagabond clothing that these little girls wear. They all looked awful, even Mack, who is usually better dressed. I'd be embarrassed for my daughters to be seen like they usually are, but Michelle doesn't care one bit. She had to have 2 support people to take a few girls out to lunch?...all of whom can walk, talk, use the restroom and eat by themselves..this woman is the most incompetent adult I have ever observed. What was the last meal SHE COOKED for her family herself?

• Love 16
1 hour ago, floridamom said:

Michelle (Jana and of course, Laura) took the little girls and Mack out for birthday lunches the other day. I don't know where in the world this family goes out of their way to shop for the ugliest, frumpiest, vagabond clothing that these little girls wear. They all looked awful, even Mack, who is usually better dressed. I'd be embarrassed for my daughters to be seen like they usually are, but Michelle doesn't care one bit. She had to have 2 support people to take a few girls out to lunch?...all of whom can walk, talk, use the restroom and eat by themselves..this woman is the most incompetent adult I have ever observed. What was the last meal SHE COOKED for her family herself?

Here's the picture

https://scontent-iad3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/fr/cp0/e15/q65/22281983_1134840116649636_3747021163671058929_n.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoibCJ9&oh=d6cc1b285f7aeb1091093a5e33220855&oe=5A3A6819

• Love 1
2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Here's the picture

22281983_1134840116649636_37470211636710

I get why Josie possibly “needs” to wear the modest knee protection, but they don’t trust the rest of them not to “flash” their knees?

Edited by Kokapetl
  • Love 7

Its odd. None of the dresses are horrible, yet they do look dressed a bit like ragamuffins. I can't figure it out. I think if Mack and Josie (& Michelle) were removed from the pic the 3 older girls would look fine. Mack's dress is to big and Josie's outfit is just too much.

Collectively they have on enough clothing to dress a 1st grade classroom.

• Love 11
3 hours ago, floridamom said:

I don't know where in the world this family goes out of their way to shop for the ugliest, frumpiest, vagabond clothing that these little girls wear. They all looked awful, even Mack, who is usually better dressed. I'd be embarrassed for my daughters to be seen like they usually are, but Michelle doesn't care one bit.

I don't think the dresses by themselves look bad, it's the fact that they're not the right sizes and the extra t-shirt and Capri-length leggings that make the outfits look like something pulled out of a ragbag. 

• Love 13
1 hour ago, Kokapetl said:

I get why Josie possibly “needs” to wear the modest knee protection, but they don’t trust the rest of them not to “flash” their knees?

Perhaps the girls are so used to wearing dresses with leggings that they just prefer to do that at this point? I would think that Hannie at least, since she is 12 or almost 12, picks her own clothes. She even has a jean skirt!

• Love 1
55 minutes ago, madpsych78 said:

Perhaps the girls are so used to wearing dresses with leggings that they just prefer to do that at this point? I would think that Hannie at least, since she is 12 or almost 12, picks her own clothes. She even has a jean skirt!

That would be typical. They've put them in a prison so long that now they don't need to force it any longer. The kids imprison themselves. without a second thought.

Sickening, to me, if that's the case. More sickening than if Hannie's still being ordered to wear the leggings, actually. Because once you've internalized all the shit that's been forced on you -- to the point that you think it's your own damn preference --  a lifetime may still not be long enough to eject it from your brain. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 18
2 hours ago, Nysha said:

I don't know where in the world this family goes out of their way to shop for the ugliest, frumpiest, vagabond clothing that these little girls wear. They all looked awful, even Mack, who is usually better dressed. I'd be embarrassed for my daughters to be seen like they usually are, but Michelle doesn't care one bit.

It's all part of the act, designed to make people pay attention to them. What's the point of being "modest" if you can't make people stare and talk amongst themselves about how very "modest" you are? They have to make sure their female children have every square inch of skin covered up by putting them in the ugliest clothes possible. Michelle couldn't simply go out and buy a mother-of-the-bride dress with a high neckline; she had to buy a low-cut one and then stitch on a big piece of cloth to cover her boobies so that all eyes would be on her.

Some of the rationale for the excessive modesty is Gothard teaching and some is a reaction to Josh molesting his sisters years ago, but I'm sure that a big part of it is just showing off for their audience. It's similar in a way to the Robertson family on Duck Dynasty. The redneck beards and bandanas were just costumes devised to get themselves on TV. There are photos out there of them in their pre-celebrity days showing them clean-shaven and dressed like preppies in polo shirts and khaki shorts.

Edited by Albanyguy
  • Love 21
1 hour ago, madpsych78 said:

Is the Jean Skirt part of their passage to womanhood?  Starting with knee length & working  their way to floor sweeping?

Poor Josie looks like she has on pajama bottoms rather than leggings. Probably the only times she gets to wear them.

• Love 3

It's a shame they look so "raggedity." I've seen little girls' dresses being sold with leggings and they look really cute. I never thought it would be a "thing" outside the Duggars.

• Love 2