Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggars and Their World: Fashion, Food, Finance, Schoolin’ and Child Rearin'

• Start Topic

6 hours ago, lascuba said:

Yes, it's a different case, but my point is that judges' biases have a huge effect on outcomes (not to defend Gawker but there was some shady shit in that trial). We're talking about Arkansas here--the likelihood of a conservative Christian judge only a degree or two removed from JB is high. What should happen and what can happen are two different things.

That's why if it turns into a jury trial, if I'm the defense, I'm asking for a change of venue.

• Love 2

The defense is going to have their Ts crossed and Is dotted. The city of Springdale and those associated would already know who is a degree or two from Jim Bob.

I just can't wrap my head around Josh latching onto this lawsuit. I don't want to imagine what the J'Slaves + Joy's lawyers think right now. I would be considering dropping them as clients because it makes the case a bit more difficult. Their lawsuit has some merit. I admit that grudgingly. Adding Joshley The Leech all of a sudden is LOLWAT.

Duggars. Proof that they stumbled onto fame accidentally and not cunningly.

• Love 8
3 hours ago, PoshSprinkles said:

Is there a reason the girls (at the time the interviews were done) didn't lawyer up as soon as the investigation started?

They were children.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, doodlebug said:

They were victims of the crime, there would be no reason for them to have lawyers.

10 minutes ago, Kokapetl said:

They were children.

And their brother was the perpetrator. It's not as if they were planning on suing him for damages. 

• Love 7

There are not enough "aaaaaaaaaa"s  in that "babe."  And I didn't feel your eyes were really on me when you typed it.  You better step up your game, girl!  You wouldn't want the shame of a failed courtship on your record.  You'll end up married to one of those freaks like that Tabitha chick had to settle for ... 

• Love 11
1 minute ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

There are not enough "aaaaaaaaaa"s  in that "babe."  And I didn't feel your eyes were really on me when you typed it.  You better step up your game, girl!  You wouldn't want the shame of a failed courtship on your record.  You'll end up married to one of those freaks like that Tabitha chick had to settle for ... 

I'm so sorry my headship. I was distracted by the string art project I'm making for you, I'll have to stop at my state because I don't even know where my betrothed lives. Please don't leave me with tainted pieces of my heart.

• Love 17

String art!  I can't wait to hang it next to the Rembrandt I bought at Big Lots.  People are going to think they've wandered into an art museum when they see our stink bus!  

You are okay with living in a bus, right?  Because we will need a large vehicle to drag our fifteen kids around from church to church singing and begging for food.  Because I have no intention of actually working for a living, of course.  

• Love 14

A bus?! I should be so lucky!! And Big Lots? A store with unused items?! Be still, my heart.

About the singing - I just have to know the words, right? Cuz, I'm the only one who enjoys it when I sing.

• Love 6
48 minutes ago, Obsidian said:

Everyone else here will be your bridesmaids/groomsmen at your wedding, right, since we're good friends because we read each others' posts? 

Of course, my dear friend.

• Love 7

"What the hell is a 'side hug'?"

Add yours, this is fun!

"Love the sinner, hate the sin? You know I was 33 and a 'bachelor', right? Maybe dial down the hate toward teh gayz?"

"Would you stop with the hand sex while I'm talking? You two are creeping me out. Get a room."

• Love 9

Michelle Duggar's Homemade Applesauce

Here are Michelle's instructions: Add a bit of water to a pot of peeled apples, and then cook them up on the stove. Next, add some honey, and place the applesauce in the fridge to cool. 

Is it any wonder why the older offspring have no clue?

• Love 15

Does it make anyone else wonder if something even uglier is about to come out about La Familia Duggar? This lawsuit is such a desperate, poorly-timed cash grab that it makes me wonder...

Hey, they have private planes to support! Leg humpers DONATING their pocket change isn't going to cut it!

• Love 7

A friend of mine was jokingly talking about blanket training his guinea pig by putting a blanket on the floor and playing with it so it would stay on the blanket. When I explained what blanket training really was, he was horrified that someone would do that to their baby. The Duggars' whitewashed explanation sounds somewhat harsh, but not abusive. The real version is straight out child abuse.

• Love 3
On Monday, June 12, 2017 at 11:36 AM, Oldernowiser said:

Does it make anyone else wonder if something even uglier is about to come out about La Familia Duggar? This lawsuit is such a desperate, poorly-timed cash grab that it makes me wonder...

Hey, they have private planes to support! Leg humpers DONATING their pocket change isn't going to cut it!

I think Boob was waiting to get the victims married off before he filed. I don't doubt there's way more dirt than what's been revealed thus far, but I'm not entirely surprised by the timing.

• Love 5
5 hours ago, Nysha said:

A friend of mine was jokingly talking about blanket training his guinea pig by putting a blanket on the floor and playing with it so it would stay on the blanket. When I explained what blanket training really was, he was horrified that someone would do that to their baby. The Duggars' whitewashed explanation sounds somewhat harsh, but not abusive. The real version is straight out child abuse.

In the first book that Michelle wrote, she described blanket training.  She never comes out and says she hit her babies and toddlers when they left the blanket.  BUT, she said if they so much as put one foot or one hand off the blanket, she gave them a "consequence".  She said she made sure to make the consequence severe enough that it would entice the others not to "disobey".  I'm sure Michelle gave each defying baby a good smack or two with a ruler.  Someone else has read where she actually tells her readers which brand of ruler is best for punishing babies.

• Love 4
(edited)
2 hours ago, louannems said:

In the first book that Michelle wrote, she described blanket training.  She never comes out and says she hit her babies and toddlers when they left the blanket.  BUT, she said if they so much as put one foot or one hand off the blanket, she gave them a "consequence".  She said she made sure to make the consequence severe enough that it would entice the others not to "disobey".  I'm sure Michelle gave each defying baby a good smack or two with a ruler.  Someone else has read where she actually tells her readers which brand of ruler is best for punishing babies.

I'm going to bestow on to Michelle a new title "Mother F'ing Mother of the Decades" .

Edited by ariel
  • Love 2
(edited)

She already has a string of fake pearls (I doubt Boob would spring for even real freshwater, which are affordable) to pay homage to her child-rearing mentors. She's worn them to the last three weddings; there was no room to squeeze them over the modesty panel of that Tin Man dress. In a case of typical Duggar overkill, Mechelle wore a longer, clunky silver number. 

9ce34fb6b34b0693cf50e7698911a2d3.jpg

Edited by Sew Sumi

While the older kids were probably blanket trained, I don't think any of them from at least Jackson to Josie were. If they'd been beaten into submission they wouldn't be as feral as they are.

• Love 3

I get the impression that Mechelle wouldn't have bothered blanket training once the older children took over parenting. Why bother putting the time into a child when the child is someone else's responsibility? I wonder if Josh was blanket trained, being the first and the golden boy.

• Love 6
(edited)

Probably not. They didn't discover Gothard teachings until the miscarriage between Smugs and the twins. They fully immersed into ATI later than IBLP since we know that Smuggar went to public kindergarten. In those days, I have no clue how they found the Pearls unless they were looking around at a homeschool conference before they got fully into the ATI curriculum. That's probably also how they met the Maxwells; those conferences with their stupid books were their bread and butter for years. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 9

I do not think  they  hoped the baby  stayed in place .  They would  sit beside the blanket  ant hit the baby when he/she crawled off, in they playpen the would  not have a chance  to "teach  " the child to obey . At least  that is my understanding  of how it works . 

• Love 14

The idea is to have a perfectly obedient child. It's not convenient to carry a playpen everywhere, but a blanket is portable. So, when visiting or busy homeschooling, the baby stays where it is put.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, BitterApple said:

Why not just put the baby in a playpen? Wouldn't that be easier and safer than leaving him on a blanket and hoping he stays in place?

In the book, Michelle says the blanket is a portable crib.

• Love 4
14 hours ago, kalamac said:

While the older kids were probably blanket trained, I don't think any of them from at least Jackson to Josie were. If they'd been beaten into submission they wouldn't be as feral as they are.

Yeah, the first time I saw the Howlers riding bicycles and scooters in the house and running amuck across the countertops, I wondered if they had somehow lapsed in some areas of child rearing.  Well behaved children wouldn't behave like that.

• Love 9
2 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Why not just put the baby in a playpen? Wouldn't that be easier and safer than leaving him on a blanket and hoping he stays in place?

That doesn't accomplish the aims, which are instant obedience to the authorities, and, less often acknowledged but equally true, "breaking the spirit" of the kid so it doesn't bug you -- or God -- any time later either. 

• Love 11
7 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

That doesn't accomplish the aims, which are instant obedience to the authorities, and, less often acknowledged but equally true, "breaking the spirit" of the kid so it doesn't bug you -- or God -- any time later either. 

Exactly, the idea is to 'train up a child', not to teach or to guide or support.  They believe that children need to be trained just like any other household pet.  Except that most of us would consider beating a dog to make it docile and obedient to be cruel and inhumane.

• Love 17
(edited)
2 hours ago, BitterApple said:

I nabbed this from Pickles. Apparently, The Ark Encounter is a big fat failure and Ken Ham is blaming atheists:

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/progressivesecularhumanist/2017/06/creationist-ken-ham-blames-atheists-ark-park-failure/

An overpriced tourist trap with a limited customer base in the middle of nowhere? What could possibly go wrong?

I can tell you THIS atheist would have gone in a heartbeat if it were closer to where I live.  Sometimes epic snark is worth the entrance fee.  Where they may have gone wrong is I am not sure it is a place you would go more than once.  It doesn't seem like there are rides or anything.  Gotta Disney it up to get some repeat customers!

Edited by Natalie68
  • Love 11
30 minutes ago, ariel said:

Is this place near a tourist destination or is it out in the middle of no wear?  Is there a chick-fil-a or a Hobby Lobby near by?

In the comments I read from people familiar with the area, they said it's literally in the middle of nowhere, off the Interstate. No other tourist attractions or points of interest anywhere close. 

• Love 2