Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggars and Their World: Fashion, Food, Finance, Schoolin’ and Child Rearin'

• Start Topic

Because when I'm destitute, what I really need is a good CANDY DROP and several bible tracts. And if you could please toss in a man that looks like a donkey and has donkey breath, well then, praise Jesus.

Personally, I find the Dora the Explorer back packs to be helpful.
  • Love 3

Keep the candy coming, Duggars. Because there's nothing better to feed a malnourished child than sugar and corn syrup.

Think of how many families could have been delivered healthy groceries from all the money JimBlob spent on plane tickets and baggage fees. Craziness.

• Love 13

Guns and Pizza Hut. The work they are doing really moves me. *tear*

Daddy was in the Air Force and I was in Italy during high school. We lived next door to this other American military family who were all TERRIFIED to go anywhere that wasn't the base. One time they bravely decided to venture into the wild, untamed frontier of AUSTRIA with a USO group. When they came back, my mother was all hopeful that it had loosened them up a little. "So..??? How was Austria??" The mother of the other family goes, "Well we FINALLY saw a McDonalds when we were on the Brenner Pass, so we stopped and got some food but OH MY GOD IT DID NOT EVEN TASTE LIKE MCDONALDS!" and waited for my mother to be horrified. 

I'm guessing that, not unlike the Brenners (name changed to protect the ridiculous), the difference in Pizza Huts is the only real information any of the Duggars will retain from this Important Mission.

Edited by Aja
  • Love 13

I'm sure plenty of you saw Gawker's article on the women suing Gothard's over sexual abuse. One claims she was sold into human trafficking by her father and told Gothard about it (who did nothing). This whole lending out daughters to help/teach other families is something I can't help but see in a different light after reading that article (which is in the media thread).

Edited by MyPeopleAreNordic
  • Love 6

Isn't that Jessa in the pink shirt with one of the howlers? It was rumored that they went (Spurgey would have been just at a month old), but I shook my head in disbelief. Now, I'm not so sure...

If you guys agree that's her, then they really ARE that stupid. 

• Love 1

Isn't that Jessa in the pink shirt with one of the howlers? It was rumored that they went (Spurgey would have been just at a month old), but I shook my head in disbelief. Now, I'm not so sure...

If you guys agree that's her, then they really ARE that stupid. 

Nope that's not Jessa.

No way that Latina hottie is Jessa....Hell, she looks like a defrauder just waiting to pounce!  *LOL*   She's very pretty, whoever she is.  

And I don't think Jessa is travelling away from her live-in babysitting/cooking/cleaning staff any time soon.  

Edited by leighdear
  • Love 1

And I don't think Jessa is travelling away from her live-in babysitting/cooking/cleaning staff any time soon.

Lulz, I'm picturing Grandma Duggar on her hands and knees furiously scrubbing the bathroom floor with a toothbrush while Jessa curls her hair and screams "you missed a spot!".

• Love 6

Jim Bob looks like he's been hitting the comfort food big time.  Derick looks a bit better in these photos.

My impression as well. Stress-eating maybe? Boob seems to following in Josh's footsteps in this regard. Of course, his competitiveness is sure to kick in - if it hasn't already - and soon Boob'll be much fatter and pastier than Josh ever thought of being.

• Love 3

My impression as well. Stress-eating maybe? Boob seems to following in Josh's footsteps in this regard. Of course, his competitiveness is sure to kick in - if it hasn't already - and soon Boob'll be much fatter and pastier than Josh ever thought of being.

And have more affairs!

• Love 3

Is that person in jeans and blue shirt a female? Standing in front of pizza hut? In PANTS!!!

Dunno, but the person to the left of them, in black shirt and black capris, clearly is, IMO, even from this distance.

• Love 1

Well at least it looks like the poor people in the one room hutch with dirt floors, cooking over a campfire is doing more business having these do-nothings come by to see their living conditions.  And really, everybody here, why even mention what they could contribute to the people if they sent down the price of their airfare.  You know as well as I do that they aren't there to do good works.  No feeding the poor, building anything, working on sewage and clean water, nada.  They are there to holiday with like minded do-nothings and pass out bible tracts, possibly printed by crazy Jill Rodrigues husband.  And they can pick up some shawls, plastic shoes, and Jesus paintings on black velvet.

• Love 12

The Lord spoke to me this morning (as He often does because the Lord is a morning kind of guy) and He has laid it on my heart to purpose to make one of those cheap, kitschy printed signs to be hung next to one of the many oh-so-touching platitudes they already have as decor ("Family", "Pray", etc.). My hand printed sign to be gifted to the Duggar Dome will state the two scripture verses above.

Can I get an 'Amen!' from this blessed congregation?

Do. It.

• Love 2

T-shirts stating 'Love' and a dude in camo with a big ass gun on his shoulder. Yep, nothing says 'love' better than camo and a firearm.

Instead of the SOS group wearing the t-shirts, why don't they give them to the natives, who may actually need them?

Jim Bob gained some weight. Stress eating much?

I noticed this on the TV special. I'm going with stress, too.

• Love 4

The Lord spoke to me this morning (as He often does because the Lord is a morning kind of guy) and He has laid it on my heart to purpose to make one of those cheap, kitschy printed signs to be hung next to one of the many oh-so-touching platitudes they already have as decor ("Family", "Pray", etc.). My hand printed sign to be gifted to the Duggar Dome will state the two scripture verses above.

Can I get an 'Amen!' from this blessed congregation?

AMEN!

• Love 1

I like your God better than mine!

Yeah, but yours seems to lay it on your heart to get things done! Amen! 

I also notice JB is sporting a belly in those photos! Guess someone had to since Michelle is past that season of her life. 

While I was distracted by the hussy in the skirt above her knees, I did get a look at the jeans/tshirt person. While it looks like the person has a boob, I believe that is a male.

• Love 4

Observations:

Jackson is slipping....he only managed to photo-bomb about half the pictures.

The Duggs look the happiest when they are in the presence of fast food.

JImBlob is gross.

JInger seems just fine...she looks like the average 20-something girl at my gym.

• Love 8

Great article, as always. I always love the irony that David Gibbs III (son of the asshole Libby Anne mentions) is the lawyer for the plantiffs. He is dedicated to righting the wrongs of spiritual abuse. He's also Lourdes Torres Manteufel's lawyer against Dougie (the Tool) Phillips. 

• Love 6

The Duggars take great care of their teeth, Do the see MDs regularly? Do the get vaccinated? Do the females see a gynecologist regularly?

I doubt the girls have ever visited a gynecologist. Sadly, we have a family friend who died of ovarian cancer at just 24. The Duggars probably think yearly exams are for the Godless jezebels who have sex before marriage.

• Love 4

I don't know how Michelle Duggar deals with the food critics in her family.

I think it's cute that lady thinks the kids are allowed to breathe a word of complaint about food that shows up on the table.

• Love 9

Oh my god, Jinger really is scrawny as fuck. Most of the women in that group are really thin and yet Jinger's stick figure arms stand out. Jinger bae, your upper arms are not supposed to be the same size as your wrists.

• Love 4

The Lord spoke to me this morning (as He often does because the Lord is a morning kind of guy) and He has laid it on my heart to purpose to make one of those cheap, kitschy printed signs to be hung next to one of the many oh-so-touching platitudes they already have as decor ("Family", "Pray", etc.). My hand printed sign to be gifted to the Duggar Dome will state the two scripture verses above.Can I get an 'Amen!' from this blessed congregation?

Amen

Amen

Edited by jilliannatalia

Oh dear goodness, this was hilarious. I don't know what tater tots are exactly and thought the strange dog sausage shaped thingy looked like turd........yuk.

This does not look appetising at.all. Salty, fatty, overproduced crap.

Never heard of white cake either - is that a uniquely american thing?

It's not even the Duggar family recipe, authentic Duggar tater tot casserole is cheaper and nastier.

2 lb ground turkey cooked, seasoned, drained

3-2lb bags tater tots

2 cans cream of mushroom

2 cans evaporated milk

2 cans cream of chicken

The phallus in the middle of the plate is a breadstick.

• Love 3

MunichNark - "White cake" is a generic, cover-all term for cake mixes that are vanilla-based, and are usually blindingly white because they are so heavily bleached and over processed. Not that I don't love it, but it has more chemicals in it than a meth lab !

It's disgustingly delicious, and therefore a Favored Duggar Food, as they like to preserve as many degrees of separation from real, natural food as possible. I don't know if it's just an American thing - I've never seen it in Canada, Mexico, or Europe - but it's very much a Duggar thing. If you ask the kids what kind of juice they want, they don't say "orange" or "apple" - they say "red" or "blue".

On behalf of people who actually eat fruits and vegetables, try to cook creatively and healthily, and don't think dry ramen is an appropriate meal for toddlers, we apologize. Funny, but the Duggars don't need to leave the country to be The Ugly Americans.

• Love 4

MunichNark - "White cake" is a generic, cover-all term for cake mixes that are vanilla-based, and are usually blindingly white because they are so heavily bleached and over processed. Not that I don't love it, but it has more chemicals in it than a meth lab !

It's disgustingly delicious, and therefore a Favored Duggar Food, as they like to preserve as many degrees of separation from real, natural food as possible. I don't know if it's just an American thing - I've never seen it in Canada, Mexico, or Europe - but it's very much a Duggar thing. If you ask the kids what kind of juice they want, they don't say "orange" or "apple" - they say "red" or "blue".

On behalf of people who actually eat fruits and vegetables, try to cook creatively and healthily, and don't think dry ramen is an appropriate meal for toddlers, we apologize. Funny, but the Duggars don't need to leave the country to be The Ugly Americans.

:-)))) You just made me laugh. Thanks for the explanation, Google wasn't terribly helpful in that respect.

There is no such thing either in Germany, the UK or Ireland. Ah well.

I get that they don't want to cut up a ton of carrots say, but I've always been led to believe that the US is the epitome of convenience - and thus will surely have frozen prepared food that you just chuck into the saucepan? And junk food is expensive, no?

I'm not even familiar with most of what they eat (velveeta, tater tots....)

• Love 2

Tater tots are like chicken nuggets, they're made out of tiny bits of potato/chicken that are left over from the manufacture of more lucrative chicken/potato products. Ground turkey is made from excess turkey, the parts that aren't more valuable and sellable white breast meat. Prepared food is readily available to the Duggars, but prepared food made out of what's left over from the manufacture of other prepared food is cheaper, and that's why they choose it.

• Love 2

It's cheaper? Really? All junk/convenience food here is much more expensive, despite the fact that it's basically made from utter crap. Interesting.

Mind you, since they put their barely teenage daughters onto cooking duty, what can you expect? They weren't taught anything real after all

• Love 1