Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggars and Their World: Fashion, Food, Finance, Schoolin’ and Child Rearin'

• Start Topic

Yeah, I said Tabby Paine earlier when I was on my phone. Looking now on my laptop, I'm sure it's her. This pic isn't THAT old; it was likely taken inside of the last year. 

I also agree that the Asian guy is Jonathan Hartono. I think he's the only Hartono brother old enough to attend college. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 1

Here they are at today's anti-abortion rally in Little Rock. Of course, hangers-on Joe Donaldson and Sierra are there. 

https://www.instagram.com/p/BAqMfzwRhMT/?taken-by=joe_donaldson_1

Anna also made an appearance. Unfortunately, she's wearing a bulky coat, plus Jenni is blocking her abdomen for further pregnancy speculation.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BAqGl8uxhAn/?taken-by=joe_donaldson_1

Edited by Sew Sumi

Here they are at today's anti-abortion rally in Little Rock. Of course, hangers-on Joe Donaldson and Sierra are there.

Anna also made an appearance. Unfortunately, she's wearing a bulky coat, plus Jenni is blocking her abdomen for further pregnancy speculation.

Big smiles y'all! This is about abortion!
  • Love 5

I thought that was Anna in the first pic, but she's so SKINNY I dismissed her. Mack appears to be wrapped up in her coat. Can't tell much of anything from that shirt; I wear my shirts that way, but I have little in the way of belly. I just don't like to tuck my shirts in.

Which Duggar boy is that behind Anna and Sierra, to be right if Jinger? And who is the girl next to him? Do we smell a courtship?

You know, Michelle looks pretty there. I wish she'd lose that 80s hair, but she does at least look sane.

Kudos to Sierra for being able to knock both Michelle and Jessa out of front and center. That takes some skill. I wonder if cousin Amy and Sierra are arch enemies. Amy has kinda been tossed to the curb for Wacky Cousin Oliver #2.

• Love 2

Is it just me or does Josiah seem to be among the missing lately?

• Love 1

I think you mean Joe? I'm not sure who the girl standing next to him is. Maybe a "special friend" from Clown College? It could also be a Query girl. I think they're brunettes. Joe probably goes back to school on Tuesday (the CC where I work actually doesn't start until the 25th). 

edited out something that turned out not to be really Duggar-related any longer. 

Edited by Sew Sumi

Sierra, you hussy.  That skirt is very short, I see defrauding knees.  Anna is wearing a long striped top, could be trouble.

Harlot!  Knees covered by tights!  Nike!  I have been defrauded.  

• Love 2

The national anti-abortion rally in DC is scheduled for this Friday. So is a huge snowstorm. If the Duggars decide they're all in for this one, will they please at least get some coats and shoes for the kids? This outing was nothing short of pathetic, even for them. 

• Love 4

I say this on FB and thought it belonged here. That's the blanket training guy...and Michelle's smile is soooo damn creepy.

2dILj5m.jpg

"Remember, you are conditioning your infants unto obedience. Training an infant is all about conditioning them early to be obedient so when they are old enough to respond to commands, they will obey. They go where you take them, they lie where you place them, and they eat when you feed them."
(By Shalom Pearl)

In case anyone is interested, MEchelle is giving out home organizational tips on the Duggar Family Blog site. (Sorry, I can't link correctly on my tablet.) Lily & Ellie must be really desperate for Duggar fodder.

• Love 1

In case anyone is interested, MEchelle is giving out home organizational tips on the Duggar Family Blog site. (Sorry, I can't link correctly on my tablet.) Lily & Ellie must be really desperate for Duggar fodder.

Step 1: Have several daughters to do all the organizing for you...

• Love 13

Kudos to Sierra for being able to knock both Michelle and Jessa out of front and center. That takes some skill. I wonder if cousin Amy and Sierra are arch enemies. Amy has kinda been tossed to the curb for Wacky Cousin Oliver #2.

Amy is downgraded.

She had the titty top wedding dress.

She is most likely the "according to a source close to the family" person who leaks stuff to the media. Jim Bob is shrewd. No way he doesn't know who it is.

• Love 1

The national anti-abortion rally in DC is scheduled for this Friday. So is a huge snowstorm. If the Duggars decide they're all in for this one, will they please at least get some coats and shoes for the kids? This outing was nothing short of pathetic, even for them.

My sentiments exactly. None of the Duggar spawn appeared to be wearing clothing appropriate for the weather. The high in Little Rock on Sunday was 50F. When I first looked at the group photo, I fixated on the little J girl in the grey sweater. She looked like she was freezing, with her hands pulled up inside that thin sweater. All of the J boys are wearing worn out, scuffed shoes. But I noticed that the asshats were wearing real coats AND Jim Boob appeared to have brand new trousers. What the hell is wrong with those deplorable excuses for parents? Irresponsible, neglectful, selfish.

• Love 9

My sentiments exactly. None of the Duggar spawn appeared to be wearing clothing appropriate for the weather. The high in Little Rock on Sunday was 50F. When I first looked at the group photo, I fixated on the little J girl in the grey sweater. She looked like she was freezing, with her hands pulled up inside that thin sweater. All of the J boys are wearing worn out, scuffed shoes. But I noticed that the asshats were wearing real coats AND Jim Boob appeared to have brand new trousers. What the hell is wrong with those deplorable excuses for parents? Irresponsible, neglectful, selfish.

You are so right. Looking at the pictures again, Mack has what looks like Anna's red coat wrapped around her in the stroller. In the second picture, Anna's wearing the red coat. Then there's Sierra who isn't wearing a coat in either picture, just that shorter sleeved shrug thing. But she is wearing tights, how horrible they may be.

I'm picturing the Stink Bus sitting in a snow drift on the side of I-95.
  • Love 3

Clearly Jessa is off the hook with being the family suitcase packer, so none of them have the sense to think to bring a coat. These are not intelligent people, and what intelligence any outsider brings to the table is sucked away. Lookin at you, Anna.

Edited by RazzleberryPie
  • Love 5

Clearly Jessa is off the hook with being the family suitcase packer, so none of them have the sense to think to bring a coat. These are not intelligent people, and what intelligence any outsider brings to the table is sucked away. Lookin at you, Anna.

It's crazy how Hannie is clearly freezing, yet Boob and Michelle are both in nice, warm coats. You'd think one of them would take theirs off and put it on their kid before she catches pneumonia.

• Love 5

I say this on FB and thought it belonged here. That's the blanket training guy...and Michelle's smile is soooo damn creepy.

2dILj5m.jpg

For a moment, I thought that was Charlie Manson with the beard, who, from what I understand, actually had saner approaches to child-rearing than the Duggars. Think about that, Jim-Boob and MEchelle.

It's crazy how Hannie is clearly freezing, yet Boob and Michelle are both in nice, warm coats. You'd think one of them would take theirs off and put it on their kid before she catches pneumonia.

They probably would, firstly if they noticed her, and secondly if they were sure she was one of their children. On second thoughts, no - if those conditions were met, they'd tell Jana off for not giving Hannie her coat.

• Love 7

Not only that but they're reminding everyone to thank DDEisenhower for adding "In God We Trust" to the pledge.

Thanks?

• Love 1

In Michelle's first book, she explained how the Homeschooling involved LOTS of repetition and memorization. The Howlers even evolved a hand movement to help them in all that repetition and memorization.

I've been teaching myself Japanese language through the Pimsleur C.D.'s. At the beginning of the lessons, they explain the method of learning.

They stress that OLD methods of teaching involved LOTS of drilling, and mindless repetition. This has a hypnotic and even a DULLING effect on the learner. Maybe this explains why the Duggar kids seem so dull and uncreative.

• Love 4

Ahem. Jim Bob May have put on a pound or twenty recently; he certainly needed new trousers. Surely no one expects him to Buy Used, Save the Difference for himself, do they? *eyeroll*

• Love 3

I never noticed his new pants. I purpose to keep my eyes above his beltline at all times.
  • Love 14

In Michelle's first book, she explained how the Homeschooling involved LOTS of repetition and memorization. The Howlers even evolved a hand movement to help them in all that repetition and memorization.

I've been teaching myself Japanese language through the Pimsleur C.D.'s. At the beginning of the lessons, they explain the method of learning.

They stress that OLD methods of teaching involved LOTS of drilling, and mindless repetition. This has a hypnotic and even a DULLING effect on the learner. Maybe this explains why the Duggar kids seem so dull and uncreative.

Bingo. That, plus being "taught" by idiots who don't care at all about knowledge or ideas or information or creativity and who radiate their disdain for such things from every pore.

With all that, it's a wonder the kids have remained sentient beings at all, I expect.

Because not only did they "learn" a lot through repetition, a lot of it in the Gothard world is repetition of ideas, mantras, philosophies that you must believe. It's not just repeating the times tables or the forms of irregular verbs. It's repeating a bunch of half-assed "principles" that some mean old fart decrees encapsulate the meaning of life and your parents make you swallow. Going brain dead was the inevitable -- and possibly even the intended? -- result of that, I think.

• Love 6

Bingo. That, plus being "taught" by idiots who don't care at all about knowledge or ideas or information or creativity and who radiate their disdain for such things from every pore.

With all that, it's a wonder the kids have remained sentient beings at all, I expect.

Because not only did they "learn" a lot through repetition, a lot of it in the Gothard world is repetition of ideas, mantras, philosophies that you must believe. It's not just repeating the times tables or the forms of irregular verbs. It's repeating a bunch of half-assed "principles" that some mean old fart decrees encapsulate the meaning of life and your parents make you swallow. Going brain dead was the inevitable -- and possibly even the intended? -- result of that, I think.

It seems like Gothardism allows boys to think independently to some extent. After all, those used cars won't sell themselves. But the wimmins. They need to keep sweet and severely restrict thei intellectual curiosity. Because wimmins are scary and must be kept tightly confined, lest they realize that they are in fact every bit as bright, talented, and capable as the headships. Until it is smooshed out of them of course.

• Love 5

It seems like Gothardism allows boys to think independently to some extent. After all, those used cars won't sell themselves. But the wimmins. They need to keep sweet and severely restrict thei intellectual curiosity. Because wimmins are scary and must be kept tightly confined, lest they realize that they are in fact every bit as bright, talented, and capable as the headships. Until it is smooshed out of them of course.

I guess this is true to some degree. I'm a big believer that slavery isn't good for the slave owner in the long run, either, though!

• Love 1

I guess this is true to some degree. I'm a big believer that slavery isn't good for the slave owner in the long run, either, though!

Agree! I was just yammering about what I think the motivation is to keep women extra docile and stunted. Definitely not good for anyone involved, and it also IMO indicates some serious screws loose among the "masters."

• Love 4

I remember the hand motion for "Thou shalt not kill" was a finger across the throat(which made me wonder what they used for "Thou shalt not commit adultery").

• Love 20

I remember the hand motion for "Thou shalt not kill" was a finger across the throat(which made me wonder what they used for "Thou shalt not commit adultery").

Have you ever seen the anti-masturbation video for the deaf?  The sign for masturbation makes it funny.  It's like they keep demonstrating a hand job. Hopefully the Duggars didn't take this as a clue for creating a gesture for adultery.  

Have you ever seen the anti-masturbation video for the deaf?

No. Because the idea that such a thing could even exist has literally never crossed my mind. Like... why would there be an anti-masturbation video in the first place? What is that even? And for the deaf? I don't understaaaaand! *flails*

• Love 6

Why would Jessa hold Spurge when the world's number one unpaid Nanny is along for the ride?

It's Jessa's way of making up for the jewelry box incident. "Here, Jana. You can hold my precious blessing." Then she smiles magnanimously. Doing good works by making her SAHD sister feel like a worthwhile human being.

• Love 6

I have always wondered - why the fundy love for denim skirts? Why denim and not another material? When I was very small in the early 70's, I remember getting jeans for Christmas and my mother saying "you aren't supposed to be wearing these, but . . " At that time in the middle class suburbs, some still thought of denim as trashy and "hippie" style. Obviously that changed quickly, but fundies seem to have an obsession with denim skirts.

• Love 2