Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggars and Their World: Fashion, Food, Finance, Schoolin’ and Child Rearin'

• Start Topic

https://m.facebook.com/duggarfamilyofficial/photos/a.516618088471845.1073741827.510067475793573/766172276849757/?type=3&source=54

Little Josie hamms it up for the camera. She should be told we don't put muddy cow-girl boots on the sofa! But this is the same child that was allowed to run barefoot across the kitchen counter!

Meanwhile, Jenny gets home-fooled, by Michelle, while she sits on the kitchen counter, helping herself to a healthy breakfast straight out of the box.

• Love 2

https://m.facebook.com/duggarfamilyofficial/photos/a.516618088471845.1073741827.510067475793573/766172276849757/?type=3&source=54

Little Josie hamms it up for the camera. She should be told we don't put muddy cow-girl boots on the sofa! But this is the same child that was allowed to run barefoot across the kitchen counter!

Meanwhile, Jenny gets home-fooled, by Michelle, while she sits on the kitchen counter, helping herself to a healthy breakfast straight out of the box.

2h87fa9.jpg

Is it just me, or are their clothes getting worse?

ETA: Of course, this could be from 2 years ago. This is the Duggars Facebook. They do not post pictures in a timely manner or chronological order.

Edited by Kokapetl

Josie's hair is too long to be 2 years ago.  It looks like she dressed herself without much guidance.

Yup, on occasion I would drop my daughter off to nursery school with a disclaimer regarding her attire. A little self expression goes a long way. The funniest was probably the time she picked her outfit for St Patrick's Day. I was unaware of how many shades of green there is in the world until she wore just about every shade of green there is, at one time. Hair barrettes, socks, 'jewelry', and all the rest.

• Love 6

Why do they keep Josie's Crowning Glory cut so short? Is it to keep the baby lotion expense down, or what ? I'm just concerned that she's dangerously close to the territory of Women Dressing Like Men, Dogs and Cats Living Together, etc.

• Love 5

Why do they keep Josie's Crowning Glory cut so short? Is it to keep the baby lotion expense down, or what ? I'm just concerned that she's dangerously close to the territory of Women Dressing Like Men, Dogs and Cats Living Together, etc.

Josie is not whole in JB&M's eyes. She won't be married off. No use in letting her have nice hair like the other girls.

Josie is not whole in JB&M's eyes. She won't be married off. No use in letting her have nice hair like the other girls.

Once again I feel the shameful need to defend Jim Bob and Michelle. I have never seen any evidence they treat Josie as not whole or less than. In fact, I see quite the opposite. They treat her as if there is nothing delayed about her and don't seem to even consider the possibility that the circumstances of her birth could have caused any long term problems.

They most likely keep her hair short cause they are lazy.

Edited by flyingdi
  • Love 4

Once again I feel the shameful need to defend Jim Bob and Michelle. I have never seen any evidence they treat Josie as not whole or less than. In fact, I see quite the opposite. They treat her as if there is nothing delayed about her and don't seem to even consider the possibility that the circumstances of her birth could have caused any long term problems.

They most likely keep her hair short cause they are lazy.

And some little girls don't get really good hair til they are older. My granddaughter case in point.  Her mother bemoaned the fact that her hair didn't grow, was thin, could hardly hold a bow, etc.  then when she was a little older she grew some really gorgeous hair.  Maybe that is the case with Josie.  

• Love 2

I have always wondered - why the fundy love for denim skirts? Why denim and not another material? When I was very small in the early 70's, I remember getting jeans for Christmas and my mother saying "you aren't supposed to be wearing these, but . . " At that time in the middle class suburbs, some still thought of denim as trashy and "hippie" style. Obviously that changed quickly, but fundies seem to have an obsession with denim skirts.

My dad was a police officer in the'40s through 1966 so he saw denim evolve from prison dungarees to having his two daughters live in jeans. But he would never wear jeans because his strongest association with them was prison-yard wear.

How it became popular with fundies is anyone's guess. Perhaps they value the durability and low maintenance. I dunno.

• Love 4

Not sure if these have been posted. They're part of an article speculating the girls got their hair done for filming.

Jessa-Duggar-Haircut-670x670.jpg

Jessa needs to get rid of the freaky hair extensions.  Did her hair suddenly grow 12" since the baby was born two months ago?!?!?!?!

12120530_1714998728721907_327762662_n.jp

This is a picture when she was in the hospital without the phony hair.

Edited by Mollie
  • Love 1

Not sure if these have been posted. They're part of an article speculating the girls got their hair done for filming.

Jessa-Duggar-Haircut-670x670.jpgJinger-Duggar-Haircut-670x670.jpg

Jinger's smile never reaches her eyes. She always looks homicidal to me. Jessa needs to chop a good foot off her hair or wear it up if she insists on wearing that rats nest all day. Is flannel fundie approved? It doesn't seem like Jessa to wear flannel. Maybe she'll graduate to yoga pants!

• Love 3

I dunno, I think Jessa is a little overdressed. I mean I dress like that every day, but if I were posing for glamour shots I would rethink the raggedy flannel. Jinger looks great though.

You mean you don't bust out your finest flannel pajama tops when you're having professional pictures taken?

Jinger's hair looks nice, Jessa needs to hack a good ten inches off hers.

• Love 2

IMO, there is nothing prettier about hair at chest length and anything longer. The few woman I know with longer hair take such pride in it, like it is an accomplishment or something. And they all seem blind to how unattractive the thinning and split ends always are. One of these women has beautiful hair too - when it is about chest length. Another one has very coarse and unmanageable hair, and a third has hair that is so fine it just seems to cling and curve to every part of her - her ears, neck, shoulders.

• Love 3

These people would have hated my dad. My dad thought everyone, boys and girls, should have short hair. Like get it cut every 6 to 8 weeks short. Hair was nothing more than dirty dead stuff coming out of your head to clog up the drains, the vacuum and make a general mess of everything. I don't know how many times I heard"How about pixie cut?"

He probably have a panic attack if he ever visited the Duggar house.

• Love 6

I forget if this site has been mentioned here before, but why can't they modestly dress like these folks? : https://latterdaybride.com/   There are Prom dresses as well as bridal wear, and even a few "normal" dresses that look very nice.  Are the Duggars afraid of catching Mormon cooties?

ETA:  I suppose the LDS Temple dresses would be modest enough for them but they're designed too nicely and there's probably something not kosher about non-Mormons wearing them.

Edited by EAG46
  • Love 1

I forget if this site has been mentioned here before, but why can't they modestly dress like these folks? : https://latterdaybride.com/   There are Prom dresses as well as bridal wear, and even a few "normal" dresses that look very nice.  Are the Duggars afraid of catching Mormon cooties?

Well, looks like they'd have to sew more cloth into and onto most of those dresses. There's about a quarter inch of knee and/or clavicle showing in quite a few of them. Besides, how would we know that the Duggars are the very very mostest modestest and the very bestest beloved of Jesus if they could wear clothes right off the Latter Day Saints' racks?

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 1

2h87fa9.jpg

Is it just me, or are their clothes getting worse?

I wonder if Josie was just running around the house in her green tshirt and red jeans, but when it came to a photo to share with us heathens, they made her chuck the nearest dress over it. So we don't get defrauded by her 6 year old crotch, or something equally revolting.

I forget if this site has been mentioned here before, but why can't they modestly dress like these folks? : https://latterdaybride.com/ There are Prom dresses as well as bridal wear, and even a few "normal" dresses that look very nice. Are the Duggars afraid of catching Mormon cooties?

ETA: I suppose the LDS Temple dresses would be modest enough for them but they're designed too nicely and there's probably something not kosher about non-Mormons wearing them.

Unfortunately, they are attractive as well as modest. Defraudulation!

• Love 1

One of the prettiest wedding dresses I ever saw on a celeb was Courteney Cox, when she married David Arquette back in the 90's.  It had long sleeves!  But a pretty low neck, so it would be horribly fraudulent in that aspect.  Of course, a turtleneck underneath would take care of that Satan bait!

http://www.bridalwave.tv/2007/08/iconic_brides_2_3.html

I think Josie is going to have that wispy hair and gigantic forehead forever. And I think she & Jana are going to bookend Michelle and Jim Bob, being the last two in the TTH.  Somebody's going to have to push their wheelchairs!

• Love 3

I think Josie is going to have that wispy hair and gigantic forehead forever. And I think she & Jana are going to bookend Michelle and Jim Bob, being the last two in the TTH. Somebody's going to have to push their wheelchairs!

I agree. Josie has that fine, sparse type of hair that just doesn't grow. Throw in the fact that she probably gets insufficient vitamins and minerals and it's no wonder she can't grow it past her chin.

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 3

I think Josie is going to have that wispy hair and gigantic forehead forever. And I think she & Jana are going to bookend Michelle and Jim Bob, being the last two in the TTH.  Somebody's going to have to push their wheelchairs!

I think you mean push their office chairs, like they did for JB'S father. JB & MEchelle don't deserve wheelchairs.

I think giving Josie bangs would help minimize her large forehead. But they would probably get slicked back with baby lotion.

• Love 2

I wonder if Josie was just running around the house in her green tshirt and red jeans, but when it came to a photo to share with us heathens, they made her chuck the nearest dress over it. So we don't get defrauded by her 6 year old crotch, or something equally revolting.

Maybe they thought Josh would see the photo or this is an old photo from before he was in Jesus jail and he was supposed to stop by.  I'll let myself out. 

• Love 1

Considering Josie's hair colour, her eyebrows are probably quite fair and wouldn't show up well in photos. I think you can see them there in an odd position because of her expression.

What shocks me most about this photo is that MeChelle appears to be interacting with one of her children. I wonder what they're doing.

• Love 3

I think the Duggars are afraid of spending money, especially if a competing religion is on the receiving end. 

• Love 2

I don't think so. I think that this is a "style" that the J'slaves like. I don't know if it is a thing within their cult, or if they found it on Pinterest, or what. They seem to like bright colors, and relatively modern styles (compared to the frumpers of the early days). Then they don layer after layer after layer until they think that the look is "modest" enough.

There are women all over the world who dress modestly without looking filthy and unkept -- that's a Duggar sepecialty. I dress modestly and, aside from the occassional pair of pants, probably follow most of their "rules" but I don't look like an unmade bed.

• Love 3

My dad was a police officer in the'40s through 1966 so he saw denim evolve from prison dungarees to having his two daughters live in jeans. But he would never wear jeans because his strongest association with them was prison-yard wear.

How it became popular with fundies is anyone's guess. Perhaps they value the durability and low maintenance. I dunno.

As an ex fundamentalist, denim skirts are comfortable, durable and match most shirts. They are a substitute for jeans. I still wear skirts most days and I have many denim skirts. Trendy ones, not the frumpers.

• Love 4

So Jessa has to have the longest hair to show that she is the most special, perfect fundie wife.  Sort of like naming your kid Spurgeon to show how you are the most special religious couple out there.

I think Jessa will be a blanket trainer.

• Love 7

Who gets hair extensions when they have a three month old child, and hair extensions that take your hair from boob length to ass length, no less?

Oh well, if Jana is doing all the childcare then at least Jessa will have time to take care with her hair when she sits down on the toilet.

• Love 3

Who gets hair extensions when they have a three month old child, and hair extensions that take your hair from boob length to ass length, no less?

Particularly extensions that make your raggedy, uncombed-and-ill-cut looking hair ends look even more raggedy, less well cut and cared for and fake.

And if you aren't trying to make your hair look its best for some glamour-shot photograph, I doubt that it's going to look better at any other time.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 5