Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E06: Grief and Relief

• Start Topic

22 minutes ago, QuinnM said:

Do you think he had to save up for his trip to Ibiza?  Or Dubai?  I’m sure taking time away from work cost him at least zero dollars and zero cents because he has no job.  Meh, no sympathy from me.  He didn’t want to do it, plain and simple.  Bethenny didn’t say he wanted them to cover his costs, she said he wanted to be paid.  Probably so he could save up for Ibiza.

I do believe Bethenny has mentioned that she has treated Carole and Adam to three international trips?  My issue with Adam is he seems to have time in the mid morning to stroll by Carole's and bring her coffee and jump in the sack with her.  He just seems less than motivated to earn a living.  I have told both my adult children to steer clear of people (dating people) who have a Go Fund Me page.  I think Adam is just a smooth gigolo with some family money and artsy exterior.  Carole needs to retract her talons, have some pride and let the lad go.

One thing that bothers me about Carole a couple of seasons ago when she described she and Adam's relationship as the best/most normal, she went on to say when they broke up they would still love and respect each other and tour the country promoting their book.  If I were Adam's mom I would tell him, "run, son, run, forget the book and the travel."  There was something so disconnected about the Coupon Cabin commercial.  Six people who appear to have nothing in common.

• Love 14
On 5/9/2018 at 8:45 PM, Keywestclubkid said:

Sonja let’s be real you DO NOT HAVE a housekeeper lol 

My daughter texted me that same thing while the show was on.  

On 5/9/2018 at 8:46 PM, Mindthinkr said:

LuAnn hasn’t really learned any lessons or has changed much. She’s still putting her social life ahead of her children. 

This is sad. Lu is the type who will always put the man before her kids.

On 5/9/2018 at 9:55 PM, KungFuBunny said:

Exactly!

She said they drank wine in their room and spoke about Dennis and Richard. She said they then went to the bar and had more wine. In her TH, she said I think Dorinda started before we drank in the room.

Bethenny isn't responsible for how Dorinda acts..but after hearing the slurring while greeting her partners and having witnessed Dorinda at the Halloween party and in Mexico...I would have said can you excuse us for a moment? And then said something to Dorinda in the hallway/bathroom area - anything...you're slurring, please don't embarrass me or yourself, do you want to skip dinner, you're past tipsy, even OMG you're drunk

Can you imagine the blow up if she had said that?  

23 hours ago, AttackTurtle said:

I love my wine, but I’ve never been in Dorinda’s condition.  I had to change the channel during the dinner scene because it made me too uncomfortable. I suspect that booze plays a big role in her relationship with John.  She just made me sad tonight.

Carole was uncomfortable eating in Chinatown and the egg ordering was weird and not cute in a Meg Ryan - When Harry Met Sally way. Regardless of her reporter past, she doesn’t seem comfortable outside her comfort zone.....so maybe not taking her to Hurricane ravaged PR was a good call?

Carole reminds me of my ex brother in law. He would take  a jar of peanut butter and crackers to eat when he had to travel to England for business. He didn't like the food there.  Carole probably took peanut butter and crackers to live on when she traveled to SE Asia.  Minus the peanut butter.  She probably lived on crackers and wine.  After all this is the woman who had never had dim sum and  turned her nose up at artisan ice cream with B.

• Love 8
(edited)
On 5/9/2018 at 10:02 PM, WireWrap said:

She would have been better off taking Ramona or Sonja than Dorinda. She would have gotten the laughs she needed with a dash of drama but not the disturbing drunk behavior like she did with Dorinda.

Perhaps... or Sonja could've gotten drunk and come on to the men. The scene a few seasons ago of Sonja wasted out by the pool and coming on to Bethenny (or was it LuAnn?) was one of the most disturbing drunk scenes I've seen. I couldn't even understand what Sonja was saying. IIRC, she was naked and someone put a swimsuit on her? Or maybe she did? Anyway, it was hard to watch. This one with Dorinda ranks right up there with it. 

Carole's mouth looks lopsided in her TH. Whatever kind of filler she had put in her lips was not distributed evenly. 

Edited by Sweet-tea
  • Love 6

@sasha206, the things i still find the hardest are the little things. Stupid things, like after a doctor's appointment going out to eat on the spur of the moment. Now I have to plan a dinner or lunch with a friend. It's about having that person there, in the moment, having your back. I have a great support system but its not the same. It's worth the effort to make those plans. Had a great night a couple of weeks ago when a couple of friends took me to the theater. It felt so good. Hang in there! 

• Love 18

Who's really surprised about Carole's Adam situation? Breaking up with someone but still spending all your time with them and sleeping with them isn't usually a recipe for success. 

It's so disheartening to hear that after such a devastating event, that a private citizen was able to gather resources and fly into the area before a government or recognized charitable organization could get there. Those poor people :( 

I love Dorinda, I think she's really entertaining on this show but it's scary that so far this season, she has gotten so ridiculously drunk at every social event where there is alcohol. Good lord Dorinda, that was embarrassing. 

Has Sonja ever updated her home...at all? I don't personally know anyone whose home has that many cracks, tears, etc. 

• Love 11

Dorinda is a mean, sloppy drunk.  Is SHE styling Carole in her down time? Because I can't imagine a sober person choosing to wear pajamas out to breakfast. 

I see Carole is giving Carrie Bradshaw a break in favor of Sally Allbright.  How can such a well traveled woman who is more intelligent than the rest of us have zero idea about how eggs are cooked? 

• Love 7
3 hours ago, FairyDusted said:

I can EASILY see this play out. I'm thinking well B is donating her time and energy. Why couldn't Adam take photos as a donation. You would think it would be great exposure of his work with a well written article by his GF. 

Or his girlfriend's ghostwriter, then it might actually be good.

• Love 8
(edited)
On 5/9/2018 at 6:40 PM, Mindthinkr said:

When was it ever? 

um...I know Im in the minority here, but she had me at"Clip!"  ?My heart grew ten sizes that day?

Hey...she is going through a tough time and I was happy to see she has had an epiphany about it.

I hope my Dorinda will be able to get through this and "make it nice" again??

Edited by Christi
  • Love 18
48 minutes ago, sasha206 said:

Has Ramona ever been that bad on alcohol?  I mean, I know she loves her Pinot.  But she's never seemed that out of control to me.  Just someone who enjoys wine. Aside from her arrest, I never thought Lu was that much of a drinker too -- even though she had the fall in the bushes.  Or maybe her overdoing the drinking is a recent fallout over Tom thing?

Well, to be honest, Ramona doesn't need alcohol to be nasty, aggressive or out of control, she does all of these things stone cold sober! LOL

15 minutes ago, Sweet-tea said:

Perhaps... or Sonja could've gotten drunk and come on to the men. The scene a few seasons ago of Sonja wasted out by the pool and coming on to Bethenny (or was it LuAnn?) was one of the most disturbing drunk scenes I've seen. I couldn't even understand what Sonja was saying. IIRC, she was naked and someone put a swimsuit on her? Or maybe she did? Anyway, it was hard to watch. This one with Dorinda ranks right up there with it. 

Carole's mouth looks lopsided in her TH. Whatever kind of filler she had put in her lips was not distributed evenly. 

Sonja wasn't drinking alcohol at this point in filming. The naked Sonja trying to make out with Luann and Bethenny happened last season, as did Dorinda going off on Bethenny and cutting/slicing her own hand. It all happened during Bethenny's trip to Mexico. Heck, even Bethenny got wasted, jumped into the pool naked and was crying on Ramona's shoulder while hugging her.

• Love 15
14 minutes ago, psychoticstate said:

Dorinda is a mean, sloppy drunk.  Is SHE styling Carole in her down time? Because I can't imagine a sober person choosing to wear pajamas out to breakfast. 

It's a current fashion trend and Carole is right on trend. She was actually pulling it off better than most who attempt it.

https://www.etonline.com/gallery/on-trend-pajamas-in-public-86490

https://www.usmagazine.com/stylish/pictures/celebrities-are-wearing-pajamas-as-streetwear-photos-w497608/

https://www.refinery29.com/pajamas-outfits-trend

https://www.cosmopolitan.com/style-beauty/fashion/g11388634/pajama-outfits-trend/

• Love 7

Well, from the other side of the pool with the offer from Beth to Adam to photograph 'the journey'.   That's what Beth offered him.  According to Beth, he asked what was the comp?  She said there was no comp.  He said he 'can't'.  So, to me, this may have meant he couldn't afford it or maybe had other obligations or he maybe thought Carole would be there and I didn't want to go down that.  And...photographing the journey seemed to imply there was more than one trip.  Now, of course, I take everything Beth relays with a grain of salt.  She is the great exaggerator.  And, I don't even like Adam.  I just don't take Beth on her word or explanation for anything like this.

• Love 10
4 hours ago, BckpckFullaNinjas said:

Richard was a member of the CFR? Holy smokes !! I knew he was a wheel in the Democrat party but CFR — that’s something else ALTOGETHER.

Which makes me wonder if Slurinda ever showed up whilst Mr. Medley walked the earth with her. i would think that would be a very major no-no by even a cute, young trophy spouse in that  milieu. 

Maybe Dorinda didn’t have a drinking problem until after Richard died - she’s charming and fun when she’s not sloshed.

• Love 11

Sonja’s real estate broker is a saint! The close ups of how bad the condition of the house are staggering!

On 5/9/2018 at 7:01 PM, whydoievencare said:

I thought so too.  I also thought Bethenny was direct with Dorinda but kind.

Agree - I was surprised how truthful yet tactful she was. 

• Love 5
On 5/9/2018 at 8:46 PM, Mindthinkr said:

LuAnn hasn’t really learned any lessons or has changed much. She’s still putting her social life ahead of her children. 

I grew up with a mother that was like Luanne. I recall coming home from college for a visit, 7 hours away, and my mom went to play bridge on the night of my arrival. Of course, my dad was there to greet me but damn mom, put a little effort into it! It's been 25 years since those days and it bothers me when my mom plans a family get together, ALWAYS at their house 3.5 hours away, and if there are trips where we decline she gets all butt hurt. Me and my DH have lived away from my parents for 15 years and she has been to my house maybe a half a dozen times. My dad loves to come and visit and I can't count the times he has been here. My mom does the same to my siblings, too. Even as grownass people It's a bit hurtful at times. Eh, what  ya gonna do?

• Love 7
(edited)
6 hours ago, BckpckFullaNinjas said:

Richard was a member of the CFR? Holy smokes !! I knew he was a wheel in the Democrat party but CFR — that’s something else ALTOGETHER.

Right? He was part of a bona fide power elite (an elite I find disturbing, for the record) but he was firmly in that world -- nothing slight about his power at all.

Which makes me wonder if Slurinda ever showed up whilst Mr. Medley walked the earth with her. 

Can you imagine Dorinda at a CFR event, handing her coat to Colin Powell? ; ) 

Ten thousand likes just for any Foster Brooks reference in any context.  I will FedEx them to you.  ;o)

Thanks, @Mondrianyone -- luckily, no customs issues with in-country US mail!

Edited by film noire
  • Love 14

Once again this week:  Carol, shut up!  That absurd restaurant performance was beyond ridiculous.  

Speaking of ridiculous, in no way would a coat of paint cover up whatever is going on with the walls in Sonja's bathroom. I can only imagine the state of other areas covered up by the tchotchke clutter.  

I'm glad that Puerto Rico benefited from Bethenny's efforts.  She's been successful in many areas.  Lots of laurels to rest upon and she still keeps working.  Kudos for that.  Why does she still feel it necessary to treat others with that same "I'm up here, you're down there" attitude that she herself found so distasteful when Kelly put her on the receiving end?  Always at the ready with a dig or a jab....out of care and concern, of course.  If I know my friend is "a drunk" I would try not be putting her in a situation where she would be drinking before a dinner with strangers.  Nor would I allow her to leave on her own if she were so drunk she was slurring her words.  Whether it is real or put on for the cameras, Bethenny doesn't come off looking so great either.  

• Love 17
5 hours ago, psychoticstate said:

I see Carole is giving Carrie Bradshaw a break in favor of Sally Allbright.  How can such a well traveled woman who is more intelligent than the rest of us have zero idea about how eggs are cooked? 

This comes out as genuine as my 15lbs lapdog turning into a guard dog. It makes zero sense.

As far as her intelligence, it is greatly exaggerated, imo. Carole is average in most ways except that she is clever enough to talk a good game and be more rational than the other women on the show.

IRL, they are tons of Carole. Her biggest social asset is her association with the Kennedy magic.

• Love 11
16 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

According to Bethenny she told Dorinda, "you're drunk," vs, "you're a drunk," big difference.  From her twitter account:

That was me saying “you’re drunk” not “you’re a drunk.” The nuance is important. Listen for it. Either way....

"You're drunk ?"  Present tense? Wait so is this a bombshell that Bethenny is outing that Dorinda was drunk on the plane in the AM? 

Or is it more of Bethany's revisionist history. Doesn't have parents .....lost at sea ....homeless.

Bethany exaggerates first and then revises to her own advantage and arc later. 

15 hours ago, Showthyme said:

. Sometimes it borders on Know it All. I wonder if Bethenny looks outward so she doesn't have to look inward. 

This ! 

• Love 12

when I rewatched the episode it does sound like Bethenny says "you're drunk" as in she was retelling the story, like (and I'm paraphrasing here) "here we are, having dinner and you're drunk..." not as if Dorinda was currently drunk. The interesting thing though is that I had my CC on my apple tv (I get the show through iTunes) and it read "...you're a drunk" so Bethenny didn't enunciate well if the majority of us and CC heard "you're a drunk" That scene makes sense though with Bethenny's claim that she said "you're drunk" vs "you're a drunk"

• Love 7
8 hours ago, FairyDusted said:

Mona's drinking spawned TURTLE TIME! Sonja is the naked make out princess. Lu fell headfirst into bushes. Ok....the last one was funny!Ramona drunk

That's a whole different ball game than Dorinda Drunk and I guess Luanne and Sonja drunk. Turtle Time was good fun.

• Love 2
17 hours ago, WhoaWhoKnew said:

FACT. He was doing that awkward and insanely fake "I'm pretending like this is so funny, but, please, somebody get this creep away from me!" laugh we all have experience with.

It bothers me that Sonja gets away with this kind of behavior. She isn't the only one either. Ramona also comes on to men. 

It is difficult to watch. It frustrates me that they seem to think it's ok because they are female. 

• Love 12
8 hours ago, RHJunkie said:

It's so disheartening to hear that after such a devastating event, that a private citizen was able to gather resources and fly into the area before a government or recognized charitable organization could get there. Those poor people :(

Take heart, as I mentioned in an earlier post, it was reported that FEMA was sending in help just as soon as the winds died down (which was pretty quick.)  FEMA is always on site just as soon as it's safe for their crews.  When tornadoes rolled through where I used to lived several years ago, FEMA was there within a day or two and got set up quickly.  Maybe Bethenny didn't see the folks from FEMA from where she was, but they were there.  As usual, Bethenny exaggerates things and makes it sound like she and her group were the only ones there.  

35 minutes ago, BodhiGurl said:

and it read "...you're a drunk" so Bethenny didn't enunciate well if the majority of us and CC heard "you're a drunk"

I could've sworn she said "you're a drunk," which I thought was really uncalled for, so I'm glad to hear that's not how she said it.  She could've softened it by saying something like 'you had way too much to drink, and I'm genuinely concerned about you.'  Bethenny's so blunt with how she says things that it can be off-putting (understatement of the year!)  In the South we would've started the sentence with  a 'bless your heart....!' 

• Love 9
9 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

I wonder how John feels watching Dorinda break up with him gradually on tv.

I guess he’s ok with it since he was vacationing with her in Dubai just last week. Or at least not upset enough by it to end things.

Honestly that relationship is more odd/puzzling to me than Carole and Adams. He doesn’t seem to get much out of it - a girlfriend who is clearly still in love with her late husband and has no desire whatsoever to take any “next steps” with him; and an alcoholic who undoubtedly projects her drunken ire onto him. Now I actually like (non-slurring) Dorinda BUT that relationship just doesn’t seem equal or healthy to me.

8 hours ago, sasha206 said:

Has Ramona ever been that bad on alcohol?  I mean, I know she loves her Pinot.  But she's never seemed that out of control to me.  Just someone who enjoys wine. Aside from her arrest, I never thought Lu was that much of a drinker too -- even though she had the fall in the bushes.  Or maybe her overdoing the drinking is a recent fallout over Tom thing?

Lu has always been a drinker; but like Ramona, she was generally able to “handle it.” I remember somebody commenting on a group trip (Heather maybe?) that Moaner could drink all day and show no overt signs of being drunk, but that when Sonja tried to keep up with her, it turned into a disaster. Lu generally always fell into the Ramona camp; while Dorinda (clearly!) falls into the Sonja camp.

My guess is that getting older + sadness/depression over Tom resulted in Lu starting to veer into the other camp. 

• Love 11
On ‎5‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 7:01 PM, whydoievencare said:

I thought so too.  I also thought Bethenny was direct with Dorinda but kind.

I don't think Bethenny could've handled it any better.  She was compassionate, kind and direct.  She came off really well on this episode all around.  I'm scratching my head at people who are still finding fault with her and talking shit about her (on twitter.)  Haters gonna hate, I guess.

• Love 20
2 hours ago, Sweet-tea said:

It bothers me that Sonja gets away with this kind of behavior. She isn't the only one either. Ramona also comes on to men. 

It is difficult to watch. It frustrates me that they seem to think it's ok because they are female. 

I think that Sonja and Ramona think that it’s flattering because they are so desirable!

• Love 11
On ‎5‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 9:21 PM, Yours Truly said:

Carole: I think in his mind he was being respectful but in my mind I was like dude are you fucking kidding me?

Carole in her talking head describes what a "break up" means to Adam meaning still having her in his life,  and in every which way meaning seeing each other all the time, making short term plans, (what was that trip he took with Noelle AFTER their "breakup"?), long term plans, have sex all the time......  DAAAAAMMMMMNNNN.

She does admit to her role in it and that she was stupid to fall for it but does that make people less sympathetic?  Plus it wasn't Nicole that was running around complaining but at the end of the day if this is what Adam does isn't it reasonable for people to still not like what happened?  Again, anyone who cares for Carole is gonna brush her little "I'm not gonna lie I was stupid, I take responsibility" aside and still be in her corner and still say what he did and the situation wasn't cool.  Which is all that Lu had originally put out there way back then. She was pissed for her niece and Carole kept telling her that Lu wasn't allowed to be. 

But now Carole's story has shifted cause we can plainly see the bitterness in her talking head.  I hope these similarities come up in the reunion and I hope Carole shows some sort of understanding finally. Prolly not tho.

Come to think of it, I don't think we've ever seen Carole admit she was wrong or apologize for anything throughout her entire time on the show.  She's one of those types of people. 

• Love 9

Love Dorinda, and change my mind frequently about Bethenny, however, Dorinda is a grown woman responsible for her own behavior and actions. Bethenny did Dorinda a favor by not mincing words about being drunk. Dorinda needs to face the fact that she has a problem, and address the personal issues that are making her unhappy. I’m sad for her. 

Sonja on the other hand is delusional and pathetic. She has 2choices: either spend the money necessary to bring her home up to the standards of a high end NYC rental property, OR bite the bullet and sell it. I would love to see her sell it along with all the contents and start over fresh in a small, manageable place. 

Sonja’s flirting with the gay photographer was cringeworthy. She must realize she has a problem if she went on antidepressants. Hopefully she didn’t stop seeing whomever prescribed them. 

• Love 7
6 minutes ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

I think that Sonja and Ramona think that it’s flattering because they are so desirable!

They totally do and it's really pathetic and embarrassing. As if any young man finds some middle aged, desperate, drunk, nutty lechers attractive. The guys they're harassing always look like they have some fight or flight contemplation going on in their heads. 

• Love 10
16 hours ago, kassa said:

She was keening like one of those grade school kids surprised in their classroom by their Daddy home from Iraq.

"Keening" is the perfect word for what our precious li'l Tins was doing. Good job!

• Love 6
11 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

There was something so disconnected about the Coupon Cabin commercial.  Six people who appear to have nothing in common.

Really?  I was just about to post how much I liked that commercial.  I thought it was funny "CLIP, CLIP!" Enh maybe I'm easily amused.

22 minutes ago, Juliegirlj said:

Sonja’s flirting with the gay photographer was cringeworthy.

IKR?!  Gah GROSS!  I think he was laughing just to be nice; I found that scene to be worse than the Dorinda at dinner scene.  Something about the way Sonja treats gay men just bothers me.  IDK what it is exactly but some of the things she says just seems....pathetic and disrespectful all at the same time. I'm still bothered by the "my gays" comment she made at the party she apparnetly throws every Weds for her male gay friends.  The way she treats them like they're objects I guess is the right word....it reminds me of the women that go to gay nightclubs for their bachelorette parties.

• Love 8
3 hours ago, ChitChat said:

I could've sworn she said "you're a drunk," which I thought was really uncalled for, so I'm glad to hear that's not how she said it.  She could've softened it by saying something like 'you had way too much to drink, and I'm genuinely concerned about you.'  Bethenny's so blunt with how she says things that it can be off-putting (understatement of the year!)  In the South we would've started the sentence with  a 'bless your heart....!' 

totally agree - that's why after I read here that Bethenny had said, via twitter, that she actually said "You're drunk", when I did my rewatch I paid super close attention - not to mention they showed that clip of her saying it a couple times so I could avoid rewinding etc - LOL... and she does appear to say "you're drunk" vs "you're A drunk". When I first saw the show I agree with the close captioning and many others here that it sounded as tho she used the "a drunk" line. But she didnt. And Dorinda certainly didn't react poorly to Bethenny saying that. I would think she'd get angry being called "a drunk" vs someone calling her out on being "drunk" the night before... she didn't argue... anywho - I think Bethenny's heart was in the right place.

• Love 6
13 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

Out of all those places I would put Sonya's place dead last.  I think most people in that price range would walk into Sonya's place, take 2 steps in, turn around and walk out.

11 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

I think Carole is too trendy.  She tries way too hard and it kind of shows.  I think when she was young she had a serious job, married a serious man, dressed professionally.  Maybe she's trying to re-live a youth that she had always wanted but never had.  A cool, fashionable social girl who dates cool guys and has cool friends.   

• Love 7
35 minutes ago, Juliegirlj said:

Love Dorinda, and change my mind frequently about Bethenny, however, Dorinda is a grown woman responsible for her own behavior and actions. Bethenny did Dorinda a favor by not mincing words about being drunk. Dorinda needs to face the fact that she has a problem, and address the personal issues that are making her unhappy. I’m sad for her. 

Sonja on the other hand is delusional and pathetic. She has 2choices: either spend the money necessary to bring her home up to the standards of a high end NYC rental property, OR bite the bullet and sell it. I would love to see her sell it along with all the contents and start over fresh in a small, manageable place. 

Sonja’s flirting with the gay photographer was cringeworthy. She must realize she has a problem if she went on antidepressants. Hopefully she didn’t stop seeing whomever prescribed them. 

Actually, Sonja went off the antidepressants and started "juicing" instead. 

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, Lemons said:

Out of all those places I would put Sonya's place dead last.  I think most people in that price range would walk into Sonya's place, take 2 steps in, turn around and walk out.

Right! I do have to say the sexually harassed photographer did a great job with the photos - if one didn't know Sonja from RHONY, and hasn't seen the place on tv, they'd think it was quite nice... but I can't unsee what I've seen... that place would have to go through a complete renovation before I'd stay there. Yuck...

• Love 4
21 hours ago, nexxie said:

Haven’t read the whole thread yet, so maybe others have said this - but if Bethenny really wanted to be a friend, she would have spoken kindly with Dorinda in private and not proclaimed her to be a drunk on camera.

Yes, just as when Beth made the revelations to Luanne about Tom's indiscretions at the Regency Bar, this was all very carefully orchestrated, IMO. While I was a Beth fan in the early years, I am growing tired of the very slanted portrayals of the housewives.  Yes, Dorinda is clearly  in need of some therapy; her abuse of alcohol has been filmed repeatedly. Sonja and her Grey  Garden delusions have just grown to be pathetic and sad. This year, Carole would seem to have fallen into that  acerbic, biting camera range angle.  Beth, on the other  hand, with the exception of the Christmas Berkshire scene when she morphed into a shrieking harridan, has only flattering portrayals or ones designed to evoke sympathy {as she went through her divorce} Of course, she deserves many, many "kadooz" for her wonderful work in P.R.  I did appreciate seeing the amazing team she was able to bring together to accomplish so much.  Her portrayal though has become as through the gauze covered lens from Moonlighting {I know, I am dating myself}  Beth is a "savvy business woman, building a S.G. empire, a worldly sophisticated woman about town, a brilliant investor  in real estate, socially sought after by billionaire jet owners".  Addressing these difficult issues of cheating and drinking excess, first with Luanne, then with Dorinda, respectively are not heartless  in and of themselves.  It is the clearly carefully planned filming of these conversations that makes it cruel. I doubt though, that the gauze will ever fall away and Beth will remain the Cybil Shepherd of the show. 

• Love 13
33 minutes ago, BodhiGurl said:

Right! I do have to say the sexually harassed photographer did a great job with the photos - if one didn't know Sonja from RHONY, and hasn't seen the place on tv, they'd think it was quite nice... but I can't unsee what I've seen... that place would have to go through a complete renovation before I'd stay there. Yuck...

But to be fair, I can't tell you how many houses we've looked at for sale or to rent for vacation and once we've arrived, I'd say 80% 90% of the time they're not as pristine as they look in the pictures.

And sometimes, even the pictures are bad so it makes you wonder what they're like in reality. People, if you're trying to market your property for sale or rent, at the bare minimum remove all the junk off your refrigerator for pictures. A photograph of a laundry basket filled with clothes on the floor of your otherwise lovely laundry room is just a dumb oversight that makes the property look lazy. This summer I am removing some window coverings that I love, but when I saw them in a picture last Christmas, it dawned on me that they look dated and its time for them to go.

I think this was a good wake-up call for Sonja to get off her lovely ass and do something to fix up her house.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, ryebread said:

But to be fair, I can't tell you how many houses we've looked at for sale or to rent for vacation and once we've arrived, I'd say 80% 90% of the time they're not as pristine as they look in the pictures.

And sometimes, even the pictures are bad so it makes you wonder what they're like in reality. People, if you're trying to market your property for sale or rent, at the bare minimum remove all the junk off your refrigerator for pictures. A photograph of a laundry basket filled with clothes on the floor of your otherwise lovely laundry room is just a dumb oversight that makes the property look lazy. This summer I am removing some window coverings that I love, but when I saw them in a picture last Christmas, it dawned on me that they look dated and its time for them to go.

I think this was a good wake-up call for Sonja to get off her lovely ass and do something to fix up her house.

Rhetorical question regarding Sonja-does she think it is a good idea to show the various flaws in her house?  I would think it has to hurt when season after season to see a once stately townhouse referred to as Grey Gardens.  Which makes me wonder if perhaps Sonja feels as there might be a shot at some sort of spinoff of the ungreying of Grey Gardens?  I am not wishing some HGTV shlub installing quartz counter tops, making open concept floor plans and dismantling the "outdated" fireplaces.  Sonja and her Venetian plaster-https://www.architecturaldigest.com/story/venetian-plaster-trend-guide  I think she could afford to smarten the bathroom up.  Replace the cracked marble and replaster and paint.  One room at a time Sonja. 

• Love 5
18 hours ago, FairyDusted said:

I can EASILY see this play out. I'm thinking well B is donating her time and energy. Why couldn't Adam take photos as a donation. You would think it would be great exposure of his work with a well written article by his GF. 

What does Adam do for a living?

He has his own apartment - who pays his rent?

He has said he's a "chef" - does he work in a restaurant?

I do wonder who approached who about Adam documenting the humanitarian work with photos. Bethenny's charity started with Houston - I don't remember Carole on any of those trips either. So I do wonder if at the start of the B Strong This Is A Crisis campaign, Carole expressed no interest.

• Love 5

I'm conflicted about the Bethenny/Dorinda dinner. I remember having serious doubts about how Bethenny handled the reveal of Tom kissing another woman, or why she of all people- of all housewives- would somehow get hold of photo evidence by 'accident.' The same with this dinner. You don't get sloshed like Dorinda from two glasses of wine. Bethenny has seen Dorinda in that state many times and would know what was coming. However Bethenny could have made her look so much worse than she did. Her embarrassment was palpable. I'm pretty sure it would benefit Bethenny to bring along a friend to that dinner who makes her looks good, rather than bringing a mess like Dorinda, so I'm a little unsure if Beth sabotaged the whole thing or not to make Dorinda look bad. It was quite obvious Dorinda can do that all by herself when she's in that state. 

The irony of drunk Dorinda: all she wants to do is talk constantly yet that's the one thing she is incapable of doing. Literally impossible for her to string a sentence together. Pull yourself together woman!

• Love 14
16 hours ago, QuinnM said:

Do you think he had to save up for his trip to Ibiza?  Or Dubai?  I’m sure taking time away from work cost him at least zero dollars and zero cents because he has no job.  Meh, no sympathy from me.  He didn’t want to do it, plain and simple.  Bethenny didn’t say he wanted them to cover his costs, she said he wanted to be paid.  Probably so he could save up for Ibiza.

Is Ibiza the name of the girl he's dating?

• Love 6
18 hours ago, WireWrap said:

I disagree, why would any on them assume Dorinda's drinking only happened when they filmed? Especially Bethenny, who complained about John having to carry Dorinda to bed at Bethenny's Hampton's house after Dorinda got nasty drunk with Bethenny during a get together at Bethenny's house 2 summers ago? In other words this wasn't an isolated incident, Dorinda has gotten nasty with Bethenny outside of filming before again, another reason to not invite the most volatile HW in the group to something so important. 

Bethenny wrote in her blog (this weeks blog) that Luann asked to go help in PR.

I didn't say only during filming. I just meant only in more social engagements. Parties at the Hamptons? Sure. Vacations with the girls. Wild nights out with John. But perhaps she (naively) assumes that Dorinda would restrain herself in a more serious, professional setting. 

18 hours ago, QuinnM said:

Nope.  Bethenny answered that question a dozen times on twitter.  Everyone covers their own costs.  None of the money donated goes to salaries or expenses on the trip.

This way all proceeds can go DIRECTLY to the people in need. I agree with this. 

18 hours ago, Juneau Gal said:

I may be the last person standing on this, but I still like Dorinda. Yep, she abuses alcohol and is a nasty drunk, but when she went on about being alone and possibly dying alone, it broke my heart and it spoke volumes as to why the drinking. Even though I am married, with a husband in the military, I have spent many, many days alone and have had the same thoughts that Dorinda expressed, especially when I quit working in an office and began working from home. In that situation, where you are not expected anywhere and no one else is in the home, your mind does/can go to dark places. I feel for Dorinda and truly hope she did gift herself with therapy for 2018.

I still like her too. Her anger and drinking are CLEARLY masking a deep grief, IMO. But deep down, I think she is a good person. I really hope she is able to get some help. 

• Love 10
14 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

I didn't say only during filming. I just meant only in more social engagements. Parties at the Hamptons? Sure. Vacations with the girls. Wild nights out with John. But perhaps she (naively) assumes that Dorinda would restrain herself in a more serious, professional setting. 

This way all proceeds can go DIRECTLY to the people in need. I agree with this. 

I still like her too. Her anger and drinking are CLEARLY masking a deep grief, IMO. But deep down, I think she is a good person. I really hope she is able to get some help. 

There would be no reason for Bethenny, or any of the others, to expect anything different from Dorinda when she is drinking, none, based on first hand experience.  

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

There would be no reason for Bethenny, or any of the others, to expect anything different from Dorinda when she is drinking, none, based on first hand experience.  

Yes. Just as an example, I know an alcoholic who drinks excessively and justifies it in a variety of ways. 

”I just got fired.”

“It’s a wedding! I’m celebrating!”

• Love 5
17 hours ago, Sweet-tea said:

We were talking about Ramona's drinking on this board a few seasons ago. She was enjoying her Pinot a little too much. 

Farmgal4, I agree. So did I. 

I remember that as well. She was called out at one of the reunions.

• Love 7
(edited)
On ‎5‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 6:19 AM, Mindthinkr said:

I was just a little gobsmacked at how much Carole wa eating. She had 3 eggs, toast and watermelon. She is on the thin side and maybe after getting used to eating more when she was training for the marathon, she’ll continue to eat a bit more and gain some weight. I would have been concerned about her cholesterol but if he had trouble ordering 3 eggs than I don’t think she’s making enough of a diet of just them to make it a concern. It was weird. 

Tinsley made an interesting point. Since when does avocado toast come with cheese? What kind of cheese? 

Three eggs, two slices of toast and a slice of watermelon isn't a lot of food in my world.  That's like, a 500 calorie breakfast. Most restaurants serve three eggs when you order them (well, if they're scrambled and an omlette.) and most come with a side of toast and fruit.  Maybe Carol's looked like a lot because they were all on separate plates (because she's ridiculous.)   Three eggs isn't going to cause someone to keel over from a heart attack due to cholesterol either, especially right after they ran a marathon.

Gah, why am I defending Carol?  She's the worst this season.

Edited by lezlers
  • Love 9

The scene at Sonja's house

I think Sonja acted the way she did to distract the camera crew from filming all the problems with the town house and from Kristi pointing out the issues.

Sonja begins by flirting with the photographer from the jump. I'm not sure what she would have done if the photographer was a female.

She made it a point to go over the top with the flirting with the photographer so that the cameras aren't zooming in too closely on the things that need repair - which is everything.

When Kristi went to grab the pillows in the living room, Sonja says they are from Burgundy and she bought them with Frenchie. Then turns to the photographer to tell him that all her girlfriends think he's an actor. Again to distract cause OMG this bitch shouldn't even be in this room. If she digs any more in that corner she's going to see the big hole on the floor and along the wall, those pillows are covering!

She made a big deal of pointing out the poop on the stone in the backyard so that the camera crew zoomed in on that instead of the cracked dilapidated stones. Those leaves are all over the backyard not because she didn't have time to rake, they're covering poop bombs.

The over the top flirting in the kitchen was again to distract the camera crew to film Sonja and her craaazy antics and not the kitchen and she didn't want Kristi to speak more about what had to be done in the kitchen, Why did Sonja need to open the fridge twice? She didn't even take anything out of it. Where did she grab the Ramona cup from? I think she was preventing Kristi from pointing out the chips on her countertop, missing grout, the shitcicles in the freezer, peeling paint, ceiling water marks, cracked floor tiles.

The clutter helps hide some of the problems.

• Love 15
9 minutes ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Yes. Just as an example, I know an alcoholic who drinks excessively and justifies it in a variety of ways. 

”I just got fired.”

“It’s a wedding! I’m celebrating!”

They can only go by what they have witnessed, which is when Dorinda gets drunk, she tends to get very nasty very quickly for no reason. Based on that, Bethenny had 3 choices, 1) take someone other than Dorinda to PR 2) not drink with Dorinda before an important meeting or 3) take Dorinda back to her room and go to the meeting without her. Bethenny chose to take Dorinda, chose to drink with her before the meeting and still took the slurring, obviously drunk Dorinda along with her to the meeting. 

4 minutes ago, lezlers said:

Three eggs, two slices of toast and a slice of watermelon isn't a lot of food in my world.  That's like, a 500 calorie breakfast. Most restaurants serve three eggs when you order them (well, if they're scrambled and an omlette.) and most come with a side of toast and fruit.  Maybe Carol's looked like a lot because they were all on separate plates (because she's ridiculous.)   Three eggs isn't going to cause someone to keel over from a heart attack due to cholesterol either, especially right after they ran a marathon.

Gah, why am I defending Carol?  She's the worst this season.

Who knows if she ate all of it either? Maybe she took some of it home with her in a doggy bag.

• Love 7