Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E06: Grief and Relief

• Start Topic

(edited)
17 minutes ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

THANK YOU! I did not leave with that impression. I did it nice is so childlike and beautiful haha. Thanks for clarification.

Either way (I did it nice vs. I made it nice), that scene shows how Dorinda, drunk or sober, can go from 0 to 60 in 3 seconds flat.

http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-new-york-city/season-8/episode-9/videos/dorinda-medley-i-cooked-i-decorated-i

Upon rewatching that clip, it's apparent that Luann realized that she shouldn't have made a comment about the cake, and was trying to say that.  Ramona was also jumping in there, trying to let Dorinda know how much everyone appreciated her effort.  Carole comes in and tries to get Dorinda to stop.  But Dorinda got louder and more aggressive as the scene goes on.

Dorinda, girl, if you're reading, please get a good therapist.

Edited by Sterling
  • Love 11
12 hours ago, CrinkleCutCat said:

Warning: generalization about men coming up...

Carole: men do NOT hear ‘unspoken rules’! They hardly hear spoken rules!! Someone needs to enroll her in Men 101.

Rule #4

Men will inconveniently leave the toilet seat up but also remember we inconveniently leave it down.

• Love 9
1 minute ago, Giselle said:

My one question and maybe someone can tell me... What good are cash cards when there was/is no electricity or it was/is very intermittent?

exactly that was not thought out well at all... the thought was in the right place but come on if there is no electricity or cell service or phone service how the hell are they gonna run the card?

• Love 7
9 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

This is where I am with this revelation. I want Carole to gain some awareness that Adam is not the greatest guy and might have been playing Nicole. And he might be playing her. I think Carole fell hard for Adam. I think, like how Dorinda chose John, Carole was with Adam because she didn't think it would be serious and big "L" Love because they were so different and the age thing. But man did Carole fall for him and they couldn't get past the kids/age issue. Also it's clear that Adam breaks up with women, but keeps them in his life as placeholder pussy until he finds someone else he'd rather fuck on the regular.

But for me Luann has always been a gigantic hypocrite. This is the same woman who gleefully chortled about how you can't steal a man when she picked up Tom when he was on a date with Missy, but treated Carole like trash for "stealing" Adam from Nicole. 

Yup, I'll be a huge hypocrite when it comes to family and when it comes to friends/acquaintances that do this to family so oh well.

I do agree that Lu got a bit nasty and off track when addressing it (then fighting with) Carole but I don't think Lu's behavior regarding this was in the same realm as the other grievances people have with Lu. I truly believe her claws came out the way they did because it was 1. family and 2. an acquaintance/friend of hers. 

I just hope that Lu doesn't somehow get pulled into this narrative cause she's bound to say and do the wrong thing and the focus will be shifted to Lu's reaction and "oh poor Carole" instead of what I'm hoping to be a realization by Carole and quite possibility some sort of remorse for how callously she spoke about his previous relationship. One of her biggest go to points was the time frame but now that she understands the spoken, unspoken yada yada yada maybe now she can actually respect where another woman may have LEGITIMATELY been in their feels. Ya know considering Carole is now in hers. 

Hoping for the best.

• Love 7
(edited)
26 minutes ago, Giselle said:

My one question and maybe someone can tell me... What good are cash cards when there was/is no electricity or it was/is very intermittent?

This was sometime in November, I'm guessing (at the earliest, in mid-November because it was after the marathon). There were places with some power, like grocery stores powered by generators. Other groups did the cash card thing too - they checked to make sure that the area they are distributing in is capable of processing the cards. The actual supplies would go to places in which the power situation wouldn't be able to do so.

Edit: Or maybe it was early November.

Edited by Luciano
  • Love 14
10 hours ago, film noire said:

Yes. Forever.  Even though they're not boyfriend girlfriend.

She needed to cut him loose -- it would never have worked out (he wants kids and she doesn't want him to touch her eggs)

This. From the very beginning Carol was adamant that this was not going to be a long term relationship. That he wanted kids and she didn't, and she wanted that for him,  and that they were enjoying each others company - for now. Then after he moved in with her she complained that she needed her space and was happy when he moved out. So I don't think all the blame should be placed on him for the where the relationship is now.

Carol wants him to be faithful to her, but doesn't want to live with him? Where could that possibly be going. At least he told her about the new girl rather than sneaking around for months.

I also don't think having 3 relationships in what - 5 years - when you're in your late 20's early 30's necessarily makes you a player. This is how life is. If not, we'd all be married to our junior high crushes forever - and what a disaster that would be.

• Love 17
1 hour ago, Sun-Bun said:

And I admittedly love me some Drunk Dorinda, but I’d never seen her actually take it to the extent of sloppily carrying on around Bethenny’s charity associates. I was literally cringing for her the entire time—-she was a slobbering, slurring mess who shouldn’t have even attempted to make that dinner. Yes, she’s a grown woman who should’ve known her own limit, but I do wish Beth had taken her aside and excused her to go back to her room before she got any worse and became her eventual aggressive drunk self; that’s where I do blame Bethenny, but obviously she knew Slurinda’s trip on the Hot Mess Express would make for some awesome trainwreck television regardless of her charity’s ultimate cause.

[snip]

On that note, Sonja has become such a sad old lady, puttering around her decrepit old cluttered townhouse, desperately flirting with any man gay or straight who pays her any attention. It’s a shame to watch that joint crumble alongside her crumbling lifestyle, because that house could actually be a real showplace with the right tenant who could update and redecorate.

Drunk Dorinda has always been strange or scary to me (remember her yelling at Heather?), but that dinner was another level.  I think the seriousness of her drinking might not have registered with me because, in previous situations, Drunk Dorinda has appeared at parties or social situations.  Although this was a dinner, it wasn't really a socialization context.  Bethenny is familiar with Dorinda's drinking but was surprised that it had started so early and that Dorinda, with her enthusiasm for the project, would actually show up that drunk.

I totally agree with you about Sonja, though.  She's been in that Grey Gardens mentality for years, but knowing Sonja, she's probably flattered to be associated with the Beales because she believes it makes her seem like old money.  Still, there's a lot of desperation in her behavior, and I felt so sorry for the photographer and the long-suffering realtor.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, windowshopper said:

I live about 4 blocks from Grey Gardens, um Sonja's townhouse, and that For Rent sign has been up for at least 5 months. No takers on that shack. 

I'm surprised they allow signs in windows in that area.  @ScoobieDoobsaren't you in real estate?  Is Sonja in violation of some hoity-toity UES ordinance?

1 hour ago, walnutqueen said:

I doubt you're in any danger from a Sonja handshake.  She is far more likely to greet you with a sloppy French kiss or by humping your leg.

Lol. 

• Love 5

Haven’t read the whole thread yet, so maybe others have said this - but if Bethenny really wanted to be a friend, she would have spoken kindly with Dorinda in private and not proclaimed her to be a drunk on camera.

• Love 18
(edited)
31 minutes ago, Lady of nod said:

This. From the very beginning Carol was adamant that this was not going to be a long term relationship. That he wanted kids and she didn't, and she wanted that for him,  and that they were enjoying each others company - for now. Then after he moved in with her she complained that she needed her space and was happy when he moved out. So I don't think all the blame should be placed on him for the where the relationship is now.

Carol wants him to be faithful to her, but doesn't want to live with him? Where could that possibly be going. At least he told her about the new girl rather than sneaking around for months.

I also don't think having 3 relationships in what - 5 years - when you're in your late 20's early 30's necessarily makes you a player. This is how life is. If not, we'd all be married to our junior high crushes forever - and what a disaster that would be.

See, I'm thinking he's always been having his fun on the side. Believe me there are chicks out there who don't mind being the discreet fuck especially with a man who technically doesn't have a girlfriend.  And to be honest if the parameters of Carole's relationship was just "enjoying" each other I'm not so sure they had a exclusivity agreement. I'm guessing it was more along the lines of "what you do on your own time is your business" sorta deal but since Adam spent a good amount of time with Carole it was enough for her to let herself believe he was probably not stepping out on her. I'll even go so far to say that there probably were times where Carole's radar went up but since they didn't have that kind of relationship her hands were pretty much tied on bringing it up to him.

I think Adam has a new love interest that he wants to pursue publicly and he knows he can't do that without giving Carole the low down. I think he also needed to see whether or not Carole was okay shifting into discreet fuck mode while the next chick takes on the public love interest role. Before Carole was his main girl any hook ups he had needed to understand the situation and be okay with it but now that he's moving on to the next main girl he needs to know if Carole's still DTF or if she's gonna be a troublemaker for his new squeeze. That's why he had to officially come clean with Carole this time around. 

Oh and I don't think for one second that he hasn't already been seeing this new chick for a while. Either Adam, the new girl or both probably wants to pursue it further which gives Adam no choice.

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Love 17
(edited)

I had mentioned in a previous episode that it was hypocritical of Dorinda to go after Sonja and her 'former life' because she does the exact same thing.  This week showed again that she is still living in the past; using alcohol as an escape, and bad behaviour as a result. Richard wasn't a saint, but she paints that picture of him. I get that she misses him, but in a way, she isn't growing as a person if she still mourns that life she had with him. I hope she gets therapy, and personally, she needs rehab. If she was anxious about the trip there are other methods to calm herself besides getting sloshed at 7pm and making an ass of herself. If she can't see that then she will continue to abuse alcohol. 

Then there is Sonja who was being wildly inappropriate...as usual. For starters: the obnoxious, unabashedly flirtation with a married gay man.  Can you imagine if a man acted like Sonja? They wouldn't be able to get away with that shit. Sexual harassment doesn't only apply to men. I wish someone would call her out on it. It isn't cute.  It was a mess from the beginning of the scene when she's babbling  about her imaginary housekeeper not showing up. Then she's cleaning up dog shit that has been percolating for gawd knows how long, and hiding her pills/vibrators. One would need to don a hazmat suit entering that stinkhole. Yet, she thinks La Maison De Merde can be rented out for 32k a month.

Carole thinks quite highly of herself.She is apparently the glue that keeps friends together. And her eggs can't touch. And Adam begged for her wrinkled ass back. Right.She donated a HUGE amount of money to Bethenny to help with the PR disaster. Plus, she knows so much abut disasters when she worked at ABC News, but Dorinda was invited instead. But it's all good. Right. 

Oh god. please...

Edited by Barbara Please
add/edit.
  • Love 20
13 minutes ago, nexxie said:

Haven’t read the whole thread yet, so maybe others have said this - but if Bethenny really wanted to be a friend, she would have spoken kindly with Dorinda in private and not proclaimed her to be a drunk on camera.

I understand what you are saying & yes, if this was you & me, we would do this privately

But this is Reality TV, they all signed up to be paid to film

Slurinda has been showing her drunk nasty ass since she came on, she has watched herself go from 0 to 100 real quick and still repeats the same behavior

• Love 16
1 hour ago, Giselle said:

Rule #4

Men will inconveniently leave the toilet seat up but also remember we inconveniently leave it down.

Three out of four uses of the toilet involve the seat being down. Ergo, to wit & therefore, DOWN is how it should be left. I rest my case. Literally. Heh!

• Love 23
57 minutes ago, Luciano said:

This was sometime in November, I'm guessing (at the earliest, in mid-November because it was after the marathon). There were places with some power, like grocery stores powered by generators. Other groups did the cash card thing too - they checked to make sure that the area they are distributing in is capable of processing the cards. The actual supplies would go to places in which the power situation wouldn't be able to do so.

Edit: Or maybe it was early November.

Thank you. 

All I ever saw on the news were stories of no power on the islands or how intermittent it was when it was up in places. 

• Love 7
8 minutes ago, Barbara Please said:

Then there is Sonja who was being wildly inappropriate in a different ways. (unabashedly flirting with a married gay man) Can you imagine if a man acted like Sonja? They wouldn't be able to get away with that shit. Sexual harassment doesn't only apply to men. I wish someone would call her out on it. It isn't cute. 

FACT. He was doing that awkward and insanely fake "I'm pretending like this is so funny, but, please, somebody get this creep away from me!" laugh we all have experience with.

• Love 23
13 minutes ago, nexxie said:

Of course, this would be much better.

I'm not sure when I gave up with the idea that these woman  should do this or that off camera because it's obviously more reasonable.  For me at least I have given up on that way of thinking.  They all live to be on camera. 

I understand your point and yeah irl you wouldn't embarrasse your friend and call her a drunk . 

Since it was only Dorinda and Bethany on camera,  I guess that is considerd  private to them, lol.

I used to always ask myself  for example : why would Dorinda drink on camera knowing she gets sloppy?  I would learn after watching myself the first season.  Clearly Dorinda doesn't care.  And keeps doing it. 

Ramona  used piss me off because i find her insufferable. I used think damn id never embarrasse my child like Ramona does. And yet year after year  there  she is making a fool of herself. Let's not get started on Sonja's big bag of crazy. These woman are not normal lol.  It's all about camera time.  

They all makes fools of themselves and I keep watching. ....lol. sorry about rambling. 

I just read Carole's blog she says something like  she was shocked because after 3 years she didn't expect this from Adam ....huh? Lol. WTH . I'm not really sure why she is trying to look pathetic but she is . Whatever Carole.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

Ya got me there! That is true. I stand that "you're a drunk" isn't kind. IMHO. Finding different words was needed after you said you'd be kind. How could you make "you're a drunk" less kind? "You're a goddamn useless ignorant drunk?" Low bar. 

I’ve been alcoholic-adjacent for most of my life (it’s not in my immediate family, but my most beloved friends have had to deal with it).  As I’ve come to understand it, one cannot be polite when confronting an active alcoholic because alcoholics tend to be grand masters at weasel-wording and shmoozng their ways out of admitting they have the problem. 

Thus, “you’re a drunk” actually is most effective —and in a way kindest—because the only response it leaves for the accused is to reply, “Am not!” —and because it’s important for the alcoholic to hear it said. 

At least, so I’ve been told. If Bethenny has done any kind of work on her family of origin’s Problems, she’s probably heard that advice or a version of it.  

• Love 22
1 hour ago, LilaFowler said:

I think Adam will string Carole along until she isn't on the show anymore. They just went on a (comped) trip to Dubai. He gets publicity, however minor, from "not-dating" a Bravolebrity. Until he finds someone with better extras (or someone that he actually likes), he's going to hang around for scraps. I agree with other posters: this is exactly what he did to Nicole. They were dating, then they were "having coffee", then he latched on to Carole and he was still taking trips with Nicole (and probably sleeping with her while there). He's a taker and an opportunist and what Bethenny appears to reveal next week (that he wouldn't photograph PR without being paid) is more proof of that. He's just in all of this for himself and his own benefit. He's gross.

Carole needs to wake up and realize that she's being used.

Oh, she’s totally being used by Adam. And I don’t think she minds so much, because she gets to get sexual favors and sorta pretend he’s still her hot young arm candy/her convenient “plus one” when necessary, while he gets to enjoy all her parties, gifts and travels. So really, it’s mutually beneficial, like the late Hugh Hefner treated his “girlfriends”, only without any exclusivity contracts or required weekly orgies. She just doesn’t want him to embarrass her a’la Tom and be prowling the bars/making out with women all over the city.

Not a bad set-up if your heart can handle it, but I think she’s way more emotionally invested in Adam than she’d dare admit. Otherwise, why even keep him around at all and/or attempt to explain their non-relationship?

Hey, I was the Adam of a relationship once; my rich older fella kept me around for sex and companionship for 3 years, I stuck around for the fun and perks, then I sorta casually dated/slept around on the side as time went on. After I met my current husband though, I split from him for good, cold turkey. We still bump into him on the town now and then; he’s still single and lonely, says he’s yet to find anyone who could ever “replace” me. 

So Carole better be prepared when Adam eventually meets the younger lady who is worth ditching Carole completely over; it’ll happen quickly and she won’t know how to recover if she’s not careful.

• Love 12
49 minutes ago, Lady of nod said:

It sounds like she wants the type of arrangement Dorinda and John have. 

• Love 5

According to Bethenny she told Dorinda, "you're drunk," vs, "you're a drunk," big difference.  From her twitter account:

That was me saying “you’re drunk” not “you’re a drunk.” The nuance is important. Listen for it. Either way....

6:49 PM - 9 May 2018

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

• Love 5
16 hours ago, WhoaWhoKnew said:

I'm trying to understand Carole's position on her relationship with Adam, but I can't.

She doesn't want to be in a relationship, but he has to remain single? Forever?

I don’t think that’s it at all.  Adam is seeing her everyday and having sex with her.  If he wants to move on, he needs to move on.  He’s not being honest with Carole.  I felt really bad for her.

It was also very apparent that Beth didn’t even ask Carole to go to PR with her.  If there is a fracture in their friendship, it seems it’s being created by Beth.  Carole was very positive about Beth’s charity work, gave a large donation, but seemed genuinely hurt she wasn’t asked.

• Love 10
(edited)
1 hour ago, Lady of nod said:

This. From the very beginning Carol was adamant that this was not going to be a long term relationship.

Actually she fell pretty hard and fast and was bragging to everyone back in season 7 that they were practically living together.

Season 8 she claimed they were "nesting" and got a dog named baby and was calling him Papa.  The cracks started to surface in season 8 and by the end of season 9 they had "taken a step back" but she refused to call it a break up however http://www.crazydaysandnights.net/search?q=carole+radziwell&max-results=8   Plus by running a marathon she could keep in touch, ask for training tips, say hey let's take a run together. 

Also, I think he was pulling back and that's why she said he cried and begged because she is vindictive and wanted to make him look like a little pussy bitch on tv.

ETA: In season 8 she also said that she was setting things in her life to be temporary but that some things might not be so temporary after all.  I'm 99% sure she was talking about Adam.  She fell, he used, story old as time, brush yourself off and keep moving...Plus, when a man says he wants children in the future and you have no interest then it is on you if he just uses you for sex and you let him.

Edited by Ki-in
  • Love 13

Bethenny’s approach to Dorinda was harsh, but it was no more harsh than the approach Dorinda takes when she goes on her rants. 

I genuinely like both Dorinda and Bethenny, but I’m concerned that the likes of Ramona, Carole, and Tinsley are going to come down against Bethenny for calling Dorinda a drunk and will placate Dorinda with assurances that she doesn’t have a problem.   

Dorinda’s our of control rants are usually directed at someone she’s pissed at (Sonja); hence I can see how Bethenny wouldn’t be as concerned about her behavior with more or less strangers.  Dorinda’s behavior is on Dorinda. 

I feel kind of bad for John.  He is never going to measure up to Richard and I really do wonder if Dorinda is ever sober with John.  

• Love 13
16 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

I noticed that even if Sonja’s elevator is inspected every year, she still took the realtor up the stairs! 

It looked like the gate on the elevator was fashioned out of a doggie gate.  The accordian gates that cost like $9.99 at Target.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Keywestclubkid said:

yet she drinks with and around her all the time...how scared can you be of someone when you just sat in your hotel room with them and got drunk then moved to a bar and got more drunk? and re watch it Bethenny was hella buzzed herself at that table watch her eyes ..... thats talking out the side of her mouth you cant say you are scared of someone when they drink then go hey lets go drinking..

But perhaps she's been with Dorinda before when she's drinking and isn't sloppy drunk.  Maybe this was the first time Bethenney realized that she's not being a nasty drunk BECAUSE Sonja's being an asshole.  Maybe this was the first time she realized the problem is so severe that she's picking fights with a philanthropist for fux sake!  

Beth is not Dorinda's keeper.  If you're an alcoholic and I drink around you, you aren't my responsibility.  I'm not forcing alcohol down your throat.  Hell, it's possible that Beth didn't realize at first she drank before she came over and it wasn't until the minute amount of alcohol Beth gave her and she gets sloshy that Beth realized it probably wasn't the glass of wine she had that sent her over the edge but what she may have put down before.

I'm no Beth fan at all.  But Dorinda's alcoholism is Dorinda's responsibility.  If Beth was forcing her to do shot after shot of tequila, that's different.  But Beth wasn't sloppy drunk.  So more than likely, they didn't have much together before the dinner and therefore, Dorinda should not have been sloppy drunk.

7 minutes ago, AttackTurtle said:

Bethenny’s approach to Dorinda was harsh, but it was no more harsh than the approach Dorinda takes when she goes on her rants. 

Dorinda’s our of control rants are usually directed at someone she’s pissed at (Sonja); hence I can see how Bethenny wouldn’t be as concerned about her behavior with more or less strangers.  Dorinda’s behavior is on Dorinda. 

I feel kind of bad for John.  He is never going to measure up to Richard and I really do wonder if Dorinda is ever sober with John.  

THIS.

Every time we've seen Dorinda angry sloppy drunk, it's usually because of Sonja and her antics.  There have been times when she's been drunk and just giggly.  I'm sure Beth would never think people going to Puerto Rico with her for humanitarian reasons would receive wrath from Dorinda b/c she was drunk.

And as frank as Dorinda is about the behavior of other's Beth's straight out "you're a drunk" was deserved.

• Love 16
16 hours ago, Any day now said:

Luann has always been awkward around Victoria and Noel.

I don’t think Lu was awkward around Victoria.  I thought it was a great chat about Tom, and Victoria seemed very supportive of her mom.  They seemed to have a wonderful time.

• Love 10
1 minute ago, sasha206 said:

But perhaps she's been with Dorinda before when she's drinking and isn't sloppy drunk.  Maybe this was the first time Bethenney realized that she's not being a nasty drunk BECAUSE Sonja's being an asshole.  Maybe this was the first time she realized the problem is so severe that she's picking fights with a philanthropist for fux sake!  

Beth is not Dorinda's keeper.  If you're an alcoholic and I drink around you, you aren't my responsibility.  I'm not forcing alcohol down your throat.  Hell, it's possible that Beth didn't realize at first she drank before she came over and it wasn't until the minute amount of alcohol Beth gave her and she gets sloshy that Beth realized it probably wasn't the glass of wine she had that sent her over the edge but what she may have put down before.

I'm no Beth fan at all.  But Dorinda's alcoholism is Dorinda's responsibility.  If Beth was forcing her to do shot after shot of tequila, that's different.  But Beth wasn't sloppy drunk.  So more than likely, they didn't have much together before the dinner and therefore, Dorinda should not have been sloppy drunk.

Dorinda went off on Bethenny in Mexico last season, so Bethenny has felt drunk Dorinda's wrath before, hence her "you scare me" comment. 

• Love 10
26 minutes ago, WhoaWhoKnew said:

FACT. He was doing that awkward and insanely fake "I'm pretending like this is so funny, but, please, somebody get this creep away from me!" laugh we all have experience with.

I see the exact shade of white in my dog's eyes when I'm about to clip her nails.

• Love 15
(edited)
41 minutes ago, sasha206 said:

THIS.

Every time we've seen Dorinda angry sloppy drunk, it's usually because of Sonja and her antics.  There have been times when she's been drunk and just giggly.  I'm sure Beth would never think people going to Puerto Rico with her for humanitarian reasons would receive wrath from Dorinda b/c she was drunk.

And as frank as Dorinda is about the behavior of other's Beth's straight out "you're a drunk" was deserved.

sorry to me that  doesn't hold water when  calling someone an alcoholic you dont drink around them especially if they "scare you" when they drink. You dont invite them to your hotel room to have drinks then go to the bar to have more drinks if this person is so "scary" to you when they drink.. that be like doing drugs around someone who is an addict then going well i didn't force them to do the drugs . Sorry Bethany doesn't get a pass on this because she didn't "know". . to call her an alcoholic she knows and she still got drunk with her and then threw her under the bus. she isnt dorinda's keeper but she did supply her with drinks in her room and at the bar so this is on her at this point too esp in her talking head saying she knew dorinda prob drank before she got to her room.. If these people are so important to her she should not knowing dorinda's past had any drinks before hand with her not in her room not at the bar nothing ... i just dont like the fact that she didnt take any ownership in the whole mess

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Love 9
17 hours ago, Pickles said:

Carole is the glue that brings Ramona and Tinsley together. Ok. Carole has been to places like Puerto Rico when she was at ABC news. Carole gave Bethenny a lot of money for PR. Carole is all about Carole.

Tinsley and Ramona have zero relationship, and Carole only stated she had been to PR for ABC, and gave a generous donation to Bethenny because she was caught off guard that her good friend, Bethenny, hadn’t even considered asking her on the trip to PR.....she took drunk Dorinda with her.  I certainly understand her feelings.  She wasn’t bragging....just stating facts about why she thought her “friend” would ask her to accompany her to PR.  Honestly, I think Beth did it to purposely hurt Carole.  How does that make  Carole all about herself?  I think any normal person would feel as Carole does.

• Love 8
(edited)

What made Dorinda’s drunk speak so pronounced was the contrast between her condition and everyone else’s. Historically, we have seen Dorinda surrounded by other loudmouths in varying degrees of obnoxiousness.

This time, she was the only one and it exaggerated her drunkenness, no one to camouflage her bad behavior.

One can hope, she views this scene and get’s help for herself.

Edited by itsadryheat
  • Love 23
24 minutes ago, sasha206 said:

THIS.

18 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

Dorinda went off on Bethenny in Mexico last season, so Bethenny has felt drunk Dorinda's wrath before, hence her "you scare me" comment. 

I don't think that Bethenny would have imagined that an early dinner to discuss relief efforts with a table of like minded people would lead to an antagonistic Dorinda.   Most of these were people Dorinda never met before & was not a "RHONY" social setting. 

I don't think it's unreasonable to think, yeah, she's a bit drunk but normally in this setting, Bethenny probably thought Dorinda would have calmed her shit. Maybe drink a soda/water, eat (not from the serving plate) and pull it together

• Love 10
16 hours ago, Neurochick said:

Bethenny should NOT have let Dorinda get off so easy.  She should have told her to go back to New York.  People need to have consequences for their stupid, drunken behavior.  If nothing changes, nothing changes.

I disagree.  I loved how Bethenny handled it.  She didn’t mince words, but also tried to help Dorinda.  I don’t drink, but I understand how hard it is when life throws you a curve ball, and you have trouble recovering.  I was sad for Dorinda.  She knows she’s abusing alcohol and needs therapy.  I hope she succeeds because I do like her.

16 hours ago, QuinnM said:

Ohhhhh, fascinating.  I see a whole new angle to the ‘you’re always so aggressive’ remark from Carole.  This is why I don’t trust those pre-season teasers.

I missed this.  What are you referring to?  Thanks!

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

I'm sorry thats like saying I know this dog bites people when i feed it a treat ...then stuffing the dog with treats and inviting people to pet it then saying oh no i didnt know that would happen .... Bethenny even said before they got to that dinner she knew Dorinda was drunk....is it all bethenny's fault no but she facilitated in that shit show then tried to dump it all on Dorinda

I don't think this analogy works. You OWN your dog, ergo you are responsible for it. Bethenny does not own Dorinda; and is, in no way, responsible for her. Unless they show footage of Bethenny pouring drinks down her throat, the onus remains on Dorinda. 

• Love 13
7 minutes ago, ButterQueen said:

I disagree.  I loved how Bethenny handled it.  She didn’t mince words, but also tried to help Dorinda.

I was practically watching Drunk Dorinda through my fingers, it was so cringe-y!

I thought it was World War III when Bethenny told Dorinda she didn't want her to come!  (no I didn't, actually, b/c I saw pics of Dorinda in Puerto Rico.  the first years of reality TV must've been so much more fun without knowing everyone's business on social media!)

But I thought B was gracious after Dorinda  left the table, when she said "she's a really good person, I know she can show up for me, I think she'll get a lot out of this trip."

• Love 12
17 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

I hate to say this cause I do like Carole for the most part - you're convenient pussy.

That’s pretty crass and unfair.  They have been in a long term relationship.  

16 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

A paper bag would suffice

I think Victoria is very pretty.  She seems like an intelligent and caring young woman.  

• Love 7
(edited)
13 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

I don't think this analogy works. You OWN your dog, ergo you are responsible for it. Bethenny does not own Dorinda; and is, in no way, responsible for her. Unless they show footage of Bethenny pouring drinks down her throat, the onus remains on Dorinda. 

If you don’t want someone to get drunk (especially when you know how they are around groups of people with liquor in them) and (especially if you think they are an alcoholic)you don’t invite them to your room for drinks before meeting your group of people then move down to the bar for more drinks so yea it’s kinda on Bethany 

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Love 5
59 minutes ago, AttackTurtle said:

ITA!  It never seemed to me that Dorinda is actually in love with John.  I guess she likes him but what few times we've seen them together on screen she seems so blase about him.  Enh.  But then again they just took a couples trip to Dubai with Carole and Adam (!! I guess they worked things out) and Tinsely and her beau so I guess everything is ok with everyone *shrug*.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Yours Truly said:

See, I'm thinking he's always been having his fun on the side. Believe me there are chicks out there who don't mind being the discreet fuck especially with a man who technically doesn't have a girlfriend.

I'm not saying there isn't some overlap (and probably was with Nicole too), but Adam just seems too lazy to engage a whole lot of deception. 

Also, am I the only one who finds the idea of him wanting kids a bit mind-blowing? I cannot see him taking care of a child! I actually worry about those animals they have if Carole's not around. 

3 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

If you don’t want someone to get drunk (especially when you know how they are around groups of people with liquor in them) you don’t invite them to your room for drinks then move down to the bar for more drinks so yea it’s kinda on Bethany 

They've had drinks before and it hasn't ended like this. Dorinda doesn't ALWAYS devolve into a nasty drunk. Sometimes she's just fun and silly. Generally, whens he gets aggressive, it's with people she has a history with. I think it's possible that Bethenny didn't realize the full extent of her problem UNTIL this night. 

• Love 15
(edited)
12 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

. I think it's possible that Bethenny didn't realize the full extent of her problem UNTIL this night. 

I don’t think that Bethenny is that innocent. She has been around dorinda how many trips and non trips to know exactly how she acts. She’s seen that 98% of the time Dorinda goes drunk mouth when she’s had a couple. This Bethenny didn’t know until that incident doesn’t hold water to me. I’m not saying that Dorinda isn’t at fault because she is (she does atleast from what’s shown on this show seem to have a drinking problem)however Bethenny played a part in it to but stands back like I didn’t do anything to poke the bear when she was helping the bear to drinks beforehand. That’s all I’m saying :) 

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Love 10
15 hours ago, AttackTurtle said:

I love my wine, but I’ve never been in Dorinda’s condition.  I had to change the channel during the dinner scene because it made me too uncomfortable. I suspect that booze plays a big role in her relationship with John.  She just made me sad tonight.

Carole was uncomfortable eating in Chinatown and the egg ordering was weird and not cute in a Meg Ryan - When Harry Met Sally way. Regardless of her reporter past, she doesn’t seem comfortable outside her comfort zone.....so maybe not taking her to Hurricane ravaged PR was a good call?

I’m a picky eater.  I own it.  I order like Meg Ryan in When Harry Met Sally.  It doesn’t make me uncomfortable....I just want what I want, and how I want it.  I’m paying for the meal after all, and I tip well.  I don’t care what anyone thinks about how I order my food.

• Love 8
16 hours ago, archer1267 said:

And I noticed that she didn't say *who* inspected it. "I have it inspected" could consist of Sonja taking it for a ride without incident. 

Wasn't she stockpiling Wesson cooking oil in her basement a few seasons ago? Maybe that could be a housewarming present for new tenants.

Kristi asked her if it was up to code.

Inspection Morgan style: Aquaria is on the first floor in the elevator, and Sonja yells from the second floor - push the button. Aquarium okay button pushed - 2 seconds later...it's not moving. Sonja: Okay scribble today's date in the little square box and sign it. Annual inspection completed.

I do wonder how many violations she has on her building. There are certain violations you can't ignore- they have to be fixed and fines have to be paid and it has to be cleared. She'd have to hire an expediter to clear the violations. She'd also have to hire licensed contractors and get permits to fix the issues - all with Sonja's invisible money. She will not legally be allowed to rent out the property until certain things have been cleared. Now I can see her renting out - under the table - but she won't be getting anywhere near $30K a month.

• Love 3
30 minutes ago, ButterQueen said:

Tinsley and Ramona have zero relationship, and Carole only stated she had been to PR for ABC, and gave a generous donation to Bethenny because she was caught off guard that her good friend, Bethenny, hadn’t even considered asking her on the trip to PR.....she took drunk Dorinda with her.  I certainly understand her feelings.  She wasn’t bragging....just stating facts about why she thought her “friend” would ask her to accompany her to PR.  Honestly, I think Beth did it to purposely hurt Carole.  How does that make  Carole all about herself?  I think any normal person would feel as Carole does.

Carole didn't say she has been to PR, she said that she has been to areas like PR was after the 2 hurricanes destroyed it. That said, it makes zero sense that she took Dorinda instead of Carole.

24 minutes ago, Jezebel97 said:

I don't think that Bethenny would have imagined that an early dinner to discuss relief efforts with a table of like minded people would lead to an antagonistic Dorinda.   Most of these were people Dorinda never met before & was not a "RHONY" social setting. 

I don't think it's unreasonable to think, yeah, she's a bit drunk but normally in this setting, Bethenny probably thought Dorinda would have calmed her shit. Maybe drink a soda/water, eat (not from the serving plate) and pull it together

Bethenny said that Dorinda "scares her", so she knows that Dorinda is unstable when she drinks no matter who she is around. You don't invite someone, who has a drinking problem, especially one that gets aggressive when they drink to have drinks with you in your hotel room, then again at the bar before the 2 of you go to an important dinner meeting. Dorinda was already slurring her words when they got to the table/dinner, so she, at the very least, knew Dorinda was already drunk. As Bethenny points out in her blog,  ""but I have experience with people acting irrationally while under the influence.", so she knew. Bethenny should have asked a different HW to go with her, according to her blog, "Luann did, in fact, ask to come" (it seems that Luann was the only HW to volunteer to help Bethenny in PR) and should have taken her or Carole. Heck, even Ramona would have been less explosive/embarrassing than Dorinda was. 

• Love 9