Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E21: Anything Pierce Can Do I Can Do Better

MostlyC

WHen a prima ballerina is brutally murdered Lucifer helps Chloe solve the case; Amendadiel begs Charlotte to help him with an important plan; Maze remains devoted to the task with Pierce asked her to back away.

Maybe Chloe is possessed or under a spell or something? (grasping at straws here because this show was so good for the first two seasons and seems to have gone completely overboard just because they don't want her to know that Lucifer is who he says he is and have run out of ideas to make it work)

Edited by CheshireCat
  • Love 8

I still watch this show live, but it's not going to stay the way for much longer.  This is unbelievable!  Chloe would never act like this.  As Cheshire Cat has stated ""Chloe is possessed or under a spell or something?"  Or maybe this is a lesson for Lucifer that Chloe does have free choice and would pick him on her own volition?  Chloe needs to return to her normal behaviour.  I really hope all of this gets resolved before the last episode.  I like Tom Welling, but this is ridiculous!

• Love 11

Best moment this episode:

Trixie opens the door of her room, sees Maze there, and shuts the door, avoiding Maze.

Worst moment:

When Chloe didn't ask her daughter why her daughter slammed that door. 

Runner up worst moments:

2 many 2 count

• Love 5

Is Cain having a power in making Chloe act different?  I don't  even think she would  sit in the house and talk to Maze, with Trixie in her room, let alone marry Pierce. Chloe did say "it will take a while", after Trixie slammed the door and she knew about the pot brownies and rockers, so Dan must have said fuck Mazes "threat" and told Chloe everything for Trixie's sake and why the does that scene of continuing positive character development have to only been implied. Dan would be right to be pissed Chloe agreed to marry a guy she never introduced their daughter to, especially since Trixie actually saw her mother so sad in the previous episode. Now she's going to be happily planning a wedding? Imagine the roasting if Dan was the one doing what Chloe is.

Of course we got petty Lucifer instead of dangerous. Hey you know what? In-character Chloe hates lying. If Lucifer proves to her the truth at least he's been telling her the truth about himself from theach beginning. Why can't Lucifer prove Cain is the SInnerman? And how do you prove that without also having to prove he's immortal? 

Maze's plan is the same as Malcolm in season one?! Come on. I hope they've given up/being lazy at this point and this isn't their best. 

Edited by Gigi43
  • Love 3

Why why why is Lucifer in love with Chloe? The show has never convinced me why Lucifer would be in love with Chloe.

Also why why why would Chloe say yes to a marriage proposal from Pierce?  

Edited by Fireball
  • Love 20

I just str8 up ff thru all the case of the week stuff now.. I don't even pretend to care... I enjoyed the 40 seconds of amenadiel and Charlotte... Warriors for God... Not sure why Chloe likes pierce.. When it was they fell in love... Why she said yes to the proposal... Why Dan never seems to be consulted... Smh this show at least Linda still rocks 

• Love 3

It's hard to remember now, but has Chloe ever shown that she has feelings for Lucifer? She's waiting for him to say how he feels, but has she told him? So now she's gonna marry Pierce as a second choice? What?

I miss Maze being likable.

• Love 16

It seems like the plot is leading the characters instead of the other way around.   Ugh, not sure how much more I can take.   I have a dream that Lucifer will get cancelled and picked up by Netflix or HBO or Amazon and they'll do it justice, but I know that won't happen.  But I'm still allowed to dream, right?

I do have a prediction, I think Maze will carry out her plan on her own.  She'll learn Cain is mortal, kill him, frame Lucifer.  Hopefully, I'm wrong, just a gut feeling.  Although maybe they won't do it since they seem to enjoy writing for Tom Welling's character, but they could always have Lucifer pull him out of hell or something if they want to bring him back.

I just want Lucifer to act more like the Devil and be awesome.  Is that too much to ask?

Edited by Cosmosgravitation
typo
  • Love 10

The only good thing I saw tonight was Lucifer's awareness of how directly the words to the bad guy should be said to him, by him.  Charlotte on the bike was cool.  

The rest of it was just....sad.  

Maze will kill him, I second that.  Although I'm much more team Amenidiel!

On ‎4‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 11:08 PM, Jlina said:

Edited by Jlina
  • Love 1
52 minutes ago, Cosmosgravitation said:

I do have a prediction, I think Maze will carry out her plan on her own.  She'll learn Cain is mortal, kill him, frame Lucifer.

I was under the impression that Cain's body is his actual body and not a vessel. If that's the case there probably wouldn't be anything to frame Lucifer for. Or they'd find out that Pierce wasn't who they thought he was. And Dad would know the truth one way or another, so it wouldn't make Lucifer the Devil again, so what should he do in Hell?

I'd like to see Lucifer accidentially kill Cain and that lead to Chloe learning the truth but that's not going to happen.

Ugh, if I wanted to watch a soap opera, I would watch, well, a soap opera. I'm sticking around for the rest of the season, but next season (if there is one, & honestly, I don't see why there would be) I seriously doubt I'll be watching.

• Love 5

More so than Chloe falling for Pierce, the idea that he has fallen for Chloe is preposterous. As timelines go he would have conceived of and implemented his plan in AT MOST a couple of weeks. Given that Chloe was originally a means to an end he would have started with her as a tool then developed intense feelings in a few days.

If they were really trying to be believable the moment he realized he was mortal and could have a regular relationship he should have made his way to his old watering hole and looked up that barmaid. Even better would be removing the mark resulted in rapid aging and shuffling off of that now mortal coil.

• Useful 1
  • Love 16
12 hours ago, Jlina said:

Charlotte on the bike was cool.

That might have been Tricia Helfer actually riding the bike. I remember that she and Katie Sackoff had a series where they biked across country (either US or Canada) meeting people, etc.

The reason for mentioning that is b/c very little of the actual show is worth talking about. I can "yay" for Linda and for the Charlotte-Amenadude Warriors for God team-up.

• Love 4

As dumb as Chloe and Marcus "Cain" Pierce falling for each other over the course of a few chemistry-free weeks and filmed minutes, I'm pissed that they've written Maze as such a selfish dumb asshole. Get new fucking friends if you're this pissed off by the ones you have now. She has no reason to believe that framing Lucifer for Pierce's death won't result in him sulking in prison for 20 or 30 years. I don't know why she thinks this plan results in her going back to hell. She clearly doesn't have the power to get there under her own steam. There is nothing particularly evil in killing Pierce; he's a murderer many times over and deserves to be in hell. How does she think she'll get there?

And Charlotte is increasingly unbalanced. At some point, she's bound to reveal the celestial secret to Chloe or Dan. This show cannot sustain another season without Chloe knowing.

• Love 5

Another thing that I thought of that bothers me, Chloe's backstory. Remember how they made a big deal out of her being a former teen actress who appeared topless in a movie? Where did that go? Why even make it her background if you're never going to use it?

• Love 4

On the plus side, Dr. Linda being awesome is always a win, and I loved when she called Lucifer out on his tendency to use his daddy issues as an excuse for everything. And I liked the Charlotte and Amenadiel plot, and that Lucifer and Amenadiel actually got a scene together. And I enjoyed Dan taking Lucifer's side in the Lucifer vs Cain contest. I miss their scenes together.

But all of that good stuff was stuck behind my monumental confusion of why in the hell everyone is in love with boring, flighty, useless Chloe! I mean, Cain really did fall for her, and now wants to marry her?!?! And Chloe is into that? Yeah, Chloe is a useless drip these days, but I would think even she wouldn't be down to marry some guy after knowing him for, like, two weeks. Yeah, have fun explaining that one to Trixie. I just...does her weird god destiny make her catnip to celestial beings or something? Is she actually some kind of succubus who has some kind of special power to make any man fall in love with her? 

I swear to God (no pun intended) we are five minutes away from Lana Lang levels of inexplicable obsession. Everyone is in love with her and fights over her, even super powerful immortal beings, and the audience is just like...why?  

• Love 12
4 hours ago, Pondlass1 said:

Chloe reminds me of Elena (of TVD fame).  Everyone loves her and fights over her... but we're left asking why?  She's dull as dishwater.

At least Elena was pleasing on the eyes. Chloe on the other hand...

But seriously, five minutes in to this episode and I am already yawning. 

P.S. Lucifer is acting around Chloe as if he saw a woman for a very first time and don't know how to express his feelings (and this been going on for quite some time now. It's just too painful to watch)

Edited by Rushmoras
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, Pondlass1 said:

Chloe reminds me of Elena (of TVD fame).  Everyone loves her and fights over her... but we're left asking why?  She's dull as dishwater.

Please. Chloe wishes she's as cool as early Elena. Early Elena (pre-vampire) was awesome. 

• Love 4

Somebody set me straight, please. I thought all this time that Lucifer was vulnerable around Chloe because of how he felt about her, not necessarily how she felt about him. And yet last night I thought I heard somebody say that Chloe being in love with Pierce was what made Pierce human again. What's the actual scoop on Miracle Chloe?

Edited by NeenerNeener
  • Love 1
20 minutes ago, NeenerNeener said:

Somebody set me straight, please. I thought all this time that Lucifer was vulnerable around Chloe because of how he felt about her, not necessarily how she felt about him. And yet last night I thought I heard somebody say that Chloe being in love with Pierce was what made Pierce human again. What's the actual scoop on Miracle Chloe?

Whatever suits TPTB?

• Love 5

I am now mostly watching for Tom’s continued excellence in showing expression in his eyes and face.

Charlotte bugs as usual, both with her “I messed up so there is absolutely no hope for me ever, why bother learning from it and trying again” last time and now with her and Amenadiel’s whine that this first round of trying to expose Pierce didn’t work so that’s it! Time to give up! Argh.

I wanted Linda to sit herself down and eat Luci’s meal (if it hadn’t gone cold by then).

I did like Maze’s crack in her demon-may-care attitude when Trixie fled back into her room. Pity Chloe opted for, “She’ll come around” rather than “Get out now.” 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, NeenerNeener said:

Yeah, I thought that too.  Chloe certainly wasn't in love with Lucifer when she shot him and it wasn't her 'miracle-ness' either because he got shot right next to her in episode 1.  I think that Pierce has got it backwards and Lucifer just isn't thinking straight.

As for the 'engagement', I'm sure Chloe will break it off once she finds out that the ring is stolen.  Why else was Pierce buying it off a 'fence'?  Also, him being The Sinnerman might put her off, as well.  I'm sure that Charlotte will be happy to tell her!

• Love 6

I actually like Chloe in general (though Lauren German can stop with the cheek and lip fillers now because she's no longer able to smile) but I'm so not here for her acting out of character.  The Chloe I know and root for would have Maze's ass for hurting Trixie, and would NEVER date her boss (and likely be hesitant to date a colleague due to the Dan divorce-how I wish that were the reason she and Lucy aren't together as it's simple, straightforward, and understandable).  I'm also not here for Maze being out of character though I'm more confident that she can come back while I'm worried Chloe will be this way permanently.

At least I had Charlotte, Dr Linda, and Friendship Dan to make me smile.

They better get rid of Welling at the end of the season cause I'm convinced his lack of talent infected the writers room and they need to get better.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 13
5 hours ago, GaT said:

Another thing that I thought of that bothers me, Chloe's backstory. Remember how they made a big deal out of her being a former teen actress who appeared topless in a movie? Where did that go? Why even make it her background if you're never going to use it?

I thought they actually overused it the first couple seasons.  I'm glad they pretty much dropped it.  (Although i do recall a mention of it a few episodes ago.)

• Love 4
6 hours ago, scarynikki12 said:

I actually like Chloe in general (though Lauren German can stop with the cheek and lip fillers now because she's no longer able to smile) but I'm so not here for her acting out of character. 

And the Botox! She has the same look Nicole Kidman had for years: a severe angle to her brows caused by too much of that stuff in her forehead. The added cheek filler just makes her face look waxen. 

• Love 2
On Monday, April 23, 2018 at 6:40 PM, aquarian1 said:

I am glad Linda told Luci to stop using his 2nd guessing of "Dad's" motives as an excuse for things.

Also, I love Linda.  Can never be said enough.

My very words. Dad is about free will anyway, not pulling strings.

Linda, counselor and confidante to the gods. I wonder what she charges them.

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, Ivydoom said:

Just came here to say did they use Chloe's lipstick on her eyes too? I'm 4 mins in.

Also, what happened to Lucifer? :/

I don't know what happened to him. They are making him look pathetic, vulnerable and down right pity inducing. I just can't stand it. Maybe I understand why they are making him vulnurable - in order for him to finally admit that he has feelings for Chloe and they may make it work despite his prejudices regarding Dad's master plan, but I just don't understand where's all that patheticness and pity is coming from. This isn't S1 Lucifer or even S2 Lucifer. I don't know, maybe we are really seeing some alternate reality Lucifer and in fact he did not banish Mum, but Mum banished him to some purgatory esque world in the end of S2, and that's why everyone is acting so out of character for the past 18-19 episodes (although, that might be wishful thinking, this isn't Supernatural).

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
5 minutes ago, Ivydoom said:

They could greatly improve this show by changing the police station to a kindergarten, have Linda be the soccer mom, Ella the kindergarten teacher, all the other actors as the children and Maze can be the mean little sister.

Oh and I have absolutely zero faith in a marriage (or even a wedding) between Chloe and Pierce.

Don't worry,

Spoiler

Chloe will rethink her "I Do" in the next episode (at least, according to imdb episode synopsis: "... meanwhile, Chloe rethinks a life altering decision".

Which is again in itself absurd, but, what the hell.

17 hours ago, CuddlerOfDragons said:

Yeah, I thought that too.  Chloe certainly wasn't in love with Lucifer when she shot him and it wasn't her 'miracle-ness' either because he got shot right next to her in episode 1.  I think that Pierce has got it backwards and Lucifer just isn't thinking straight.

As for the 'engagement', I'm sure Chloe will break it off once she finds out that the ring is stolen.  Why else was Pierce buying it off a 'fence'?  Also, him being The Sinnerman might put her off, as well.  I'm sure that Charlotte will be happy to tell her!

I agree. I think Pierce lost his mark because he finally did something genuinely selfless in giving Chloe up. Kind of like Groundhog Day, where Bill Murray had to learn to be a good and selfless person before he could move on. Both Pierce and Lucifer mistakenly thought it was because of Chloe. Likewise, Lucifer's vulnerability around Chloe is due to his feelings for her, not the other way around. I'm sure plenty of women have loved both these guys (especially Pierce with his long lifespan) with no effect. Why these two high-powered, super attractive immortals love dishwater dull Chloe is another question.

And yeah, why Chloe would agree to marry someone who she's barely introduced to her daughter as a boyfriend is a real head-scratcher. I doubt they will make it to the altar - since Pierce is vulnerable now, he will almost certainly die one way or the other at the end of the season. 

Edited by Kathira
  • Love 6

If the showrunners had had Chloe and Pierce dating all season, then maybe I'd believe that Chloe would be ready to marry this guy. But he pushed her away all season, uninterested in anything but finding a way to die, so the idea that she would say yes to him after only dating for what seems like five minutes is just ridiculous. Especially after he'd just run for the hills at the first sign of true intimacy, so you'd think Chloe would want to take a little time to make sure that he's not going to run again. Especially since there's a kid involved in all this, and she's already been hurt by Maze, so I'd think (hope) that Chloe's mind would be on protecting her daughter from further emotional upset and/or confusion.

*cue eyeroll

Anyway, the parts I loved involved Lucifer and Linda. They're the best.

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, sinkwriter said:

Anyway, the parts I loved involved Lucifer and Linda. They're the best.

At this point I'd rather Linda was the main character and the show was about a mortal shrink who suddenly finds herself with an almost exclusively immortal clientele. We'd see her try to work through the Devil's daddy issues, an Angel with a jealous streak, a demon struggling to live with humans, an immortal who wants to die and a mortal who was once inhabited by a god.

Dan, I actually like Dan, could be a single dad who thinks he needs mental help because he thinks his girlfriend (Charlotte) might be an actual goddess. His daughter, Trixie, loves all the weird characters that come in and out of Linda's office and takes to hanging out there, or needs therapy too because her mother is the most bland human on the entire planet and Trixie doesn't understand how she is so awesome when her mom is so bleh. Just write Chloe out completely. She's only mentioned not seen or heard. We can do with or without Ella.

• Love 13

Are the producers/writers of this show actively trying to get this show canceled? 

Lucifer's weakness with Chloe has nothing to do with feelings. It was about proximity. 

23 minutes ago, Kathira said:

Kind of like Groundhog Day, where Bill Murray had to learn to be a good and selfless person before he could move on.

He lived the same day over for eight years. Pierce learned his lesson in about 8 days. I can't even get into what's going on with Charlotte. 

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, Mabinogia said:

At this point I'd rather Linda was the main character and the show was about a mortal shrink who suddenly finds herself with an almost exclusively immortal clientele. We'd see her try to work through the Devil's daddy issues, an Angel with a jealous streak, a demon struggling to live with humans, an immortal who wants to die and a mortal who was once inhabited by a god.

Dan, I actually like Dan, could be a single dad who thinks he needs mental help because he thinks his girlfriend (Charlotte) might be an actual goddess. His daughter, Trixie, loves all the weird characters that come in and out of Linda's office and takes to hanging out there, or needs therapy too because her mother is the most bland human on the entire planet and Trixie doesn't understand how she is so awesome when her mom is so bleh. Just write Chloe out completely. She's only mentioned not seen or heard. We can do with or without Ella.

I would definitely watch this show!
I vote to keep Ella for one reason:  I want to know more about the voices in her head.  The writers of this Lucifer seem to have backed away from exploring that.  Perhaps the Dr. Linda in your show @Mabinogia, could coax them out!

• Love 5
6 hours ago, Rushmoras said:

This isn't S1 Lucifer or even S2 Lucifer. I don't know, maybe we are really seeing some alternate reality Lucifer and in fact he did not banish Mum, but Mum banished him to some purgatory esque world in the end of S2,

Anybody waiting for the shower scene, when Lucifer steps out of the shower with his Devil face?  

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, ProudMary said:

I vote to keep Ella for one reason:  I want to know more about the voices in her head.  The writers of this Lucifer seem to have backed away from exploring that.  Perhaps the Dr. Linda in your show @Mabinogia, could coax them out!

OMG I'd forgotten all about that. Yes, yes! Certainly voices in your head is a great reason to see a shrink! OK, she's in. I'd really rather her and her voices be the kryptonite for Lucy, having nothing to do with love, but that Ella is the prefect, accepting, believing vessel for Dad to reach out to his son through. If not her, Trixie. I would have preferred the "child's innocence" kryptonite over the bland female lead we, the female audience are supposed to relate to and therefore root for imagining that if Lucy could fall for her he could fall for us. Trouble is, at least from what I've read on this board, we are far more intelligent, entertaining and witty than she has ever been so we are all left wondering WTF, why would he want her when he could have just about any person on the planet?

I would much rather Cain proposed to Lucy to be honest. I also think a romance between those two would be fascinating because of all the mythology of them both. Basically Dad punished them both, sending Lucy to watch over hell and forcing Cain to live on forever in his own hell. Oh the stories they could share after a cuddle.

• Love 9
20 hours ago, Mabinogia said:

I would watch the hell out of that show! (No pun intended)

• Love 3
On 4/25/2018 at 3:06 AM, Bobbin said:

My very words. Dad is about free will anyway, not pulling strings.

Linda, counselor and confidante to the gods. I wonder what she charges them.

Not enough  I'm  sure. Charlotte may be trying to score points with God but I've said it before and I'll say it now, I'm fine if the show really turns of out to be the story of how Linda Martin becomes the Patron Saint of Celestial Beings Getting Their Shit Together. 

• Love 4
23 minutes ago, Gigi43 said:

I'm fine if the show really turns of out to be the story of how Linda Martin becomes the Patron Saint of Celestial Beings Getting Their Shit Together. 

She deserves sainthood for all the crap Dad's wife and kids have thrown her way. lol

• Love 6

Does anybody know, are the writers very different then in the second season?

It definitely feels like that. It is like they forgot everything about their show and mainly the main character completely.

• Love 1
15 hours ago, chrisvee said:

Tom Welling is killing this show.

It's not Tom, it's the writers. Cain's storyline could have been interesting, but they made it into a love triangle. The same thing can be said about Lucifer's wings and Devil face. They made it in to a 5 min. quest and then constant wining from Lucifer, oh, woah is me. Some say it's because it is being aired on 9PM instead of 10PM, so they can't go dark, but, um, I really doubt that in this day and age channels care about friendly content when they have ESRB-esque ratings for the show (i.e., this show is suitable for x age group).

• Love 4