Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E03: Til Brunch Do Us Part

• Start Topic

5 hours ago, WhoaWhoKnew said:

IMO, yelling to the point of changing color, getting 5 cm from someone's face, pointing, and slobbering is aggressive. Bethenny is an asshole, but she's never had a Hulk-like transformation like we see from Dorinda.

She came pretty close a couple of seasons ago when she went off on Luann and called her a Ho.  There was a lot of slur shaming,  which was too bad because B had good points about Lu's behavior. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, SheTalksShit said:

I doubt she had proof of anything involving Tinsley's finances, but living in New York and knowing how much things cost, I think she kinda did some loose math in her head and made an assumption, which she shouldn't do. But she did let Tinsley live w/her for months and has known Tinsley for years. Sonja was present for the period of Tinsley's life that she was talking about, whereas Dorinda was NOT present for the period of Sonja's life she talked about. 

The Mercers had enough money to send their daughters to boarding and prep schools. They had enough money to keep papa in a nice house, booze, and a younger girlfriend until he died and set Dale up in regular Palm Beach. My biggest issue with Sonja griping about Tinsley is that Sonja got paid a second location fee every time they filmed Tinsley at her Sonja's house. I believe Tinsley was less at Sonja's because Tinsley needed a place to stay and more because Tinsley needed a hook to enter the cast.

• Love 17
5 hours ago, film noire said:

I think Frankel's face, voice and body language went completely haywire during The Slut Shaming of Luann  (which is my favorite Imaginary Lifetime Movie ever -- Luann is played by Marcia Gay Harden  {in the sequel, "The Slut Shaming of Luann 2:  Dirty Whore Event Horizon"  she's played by Lisa Rinna} Bethenny is played by Leah Remini, and Rebecca deMornay has a brilliant cameo as Ramona, who locks them all in Dorinda's (Sharon Lawrence)  wall-papered closet until they "stop molehilling each other's mountains"). 

Girl! You make me snort-laugh all the time. The stuff you come up with is hilarious!

• Love 9

My mother almost tipped over backward in her recliner when Bethenny started imitating Luann singing Happy Birthday to her. She was laughing so hard. Holy shit that was funny—both Luann trying to sing and Bethenny's impression. 

• Love 11
21 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

The Mercers had enough money to send their daughters to boarding and prep schools. They had enough money to keep papa in a nice house, booze, and a younger girlfriend until he died and set Dale up in regular Palm Beach. My biggest issue with Sonja griping about Tinsley is that Sonja got paid a second location fee every time they filmed Tinsley at her Sonja's house. I believe Tinsley was less at Sonja's because Tinsley needed a place to stay and more because Tinsley needed a hook to enter the cast.

Exactly it was similiar to Lu staying there even before she moved in with Tom she was only staying there on days when they were filming. 

• Love 6
On April 18, 2018 at 9:15 PM, KungFuBunny said:

Ramona always gets people to do stuff for her...Bwahahahaha

Was wondering.  Does Ramona tip these guys well or just expects things.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Box305 said:

My mother almost tipped over backward in her recliner when Bethenny started imitating Luann singing Happy Birthday to her. She was laughing so hard. Holy shit that was funny—both Luann trying to sing and Bethenny's impression. 

It's just so hard to relate to people who allow someone to be totally delusional; living in a world of imagined privilege! It reminds me of last season's reunion when Bethenny mocked LuAnn's commenting about "the Penthouse!" Lu asked "what's the problem with calling it a penthouse?" Bethenny mouthed "because it's pretentious as FK!" I almost fell off my chair laughing! I see Lu's Hampton place; wasn't impressed in the least! It looked to be no more than a cottage with an elite address! Those cramped quarters would drive me insane! ;-)

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, Fiero425 said:

Those cramped quarters would drive me insane! ;-)

She mostly lives there by herself so it isn't really cramped. She also has found an apartment in the city, and yes its a penthouse, that we should be seeing soon.

• Love 10
On April 18, 2018 at 11:33 PM, Bossa Nova said:

The New York franchise, while flawed, is a fucking welcome relief for the boredom AND predictable contrivance that has become the Real Housewives of Beverly Hills.

Let me just say the categories of pronounced differences:

- the casual chic, yet real person clothing, not so effing glittery and showbiz !!!!  (lights, leather, glitter, heels !)

- what they say, more words per minute; more syllables per threadcount

- the more organic interaction and history in relationships and real friggin anger

- the east coast commuting; that friggin Hamptons Jitney ! driving themselves on the LIE and the hassle !

- weekend houses that are casual

- cold weather gear , coats, boots, MESSY hair because of it all

- authentic bitchiness and irritability

- authentic morning  casual appearances, faces with minimal makeup

- it looks like they really eat ! ...whoa, and drink with gusto

- Christ, no Erika in her constant using Real Housewives as her "I wanna be in show biz"

There is more but I am to tired to write. 

Ha.  I actually feel like these girls are my friends.  As a New Yorker myself, I can identify.  Stopped watching Beverly Hills long ago.  Too much glam and glitter .. everyone competing.

• Love 10
31 minutes ago, Fiero425 said:

It's just so hard to relate to people who allow someone to be totally delusional; living in a world of imagined privilege! It reminds me of last season's reunion when Bethenny mocked LuAnn's commenting about "the Penthouse!" Lu asked "what's the problem with calling it a penthouse?" Bethenny mouthed "because it's pretentious as FK!" I almost fell off my chair laughing! I see Lu's Hampton place; wasn't impressed in the least! It looked to be no more than a cottage with an elite address! Those cramped quarters would drive me insane! ;-)

Luann's home is not really cottage size-it is 2,500 square feet and she added 1,500 square feet about the same size as Bethenny's first Hampton's house, not the one she is showing Tinsley and Carole, and Luann's house is on the water.  Luann is also neighbors with Andy Cohen.  

So where did Luann go after leaving Bridgehampton? Sag Harbor, of course. She purchased an 1835 waterfront Greek Revival with a dock for $2.4375M. We wrote back in 2013, "If you want to live in historic Sag Harbor, this c. 1830 house is a great option. It is waterfront, with a dock, so of course there are beautiful sunset water views. We love the wide-plank flooring and three working fireplaces, with three bedrooms and three baths in 2500sf. [..] Looks like the bathrooms need redoing as well.

After the renovations her home was featured in Architectural  Digeshttps://www.architecturaldigest.com/gallery/take-a-look-around-luann-de-lesseps-recently-renovated-sag-harbor-home

Luann wanted to be on the water and she got what she wanted.  Luann previous expansive Bridgehampton house was not over the top with decor.  Much like this one more of a country home kind of vibe. 

As to Bethenny she is every bit as pretentious as Luann with her numerous mentions of how much money she makes and how many properties she owns.  I would bet that if Bethenny bought a penthouse-she would call it a penthouse.  I linked a story earlier where Luann had to rent during filming and the author, who was interviewing her in her temporary quarters referred to the rental as a penthouse.  It is part of the charm of these women they are so quick to point out something about another when they do the same damn thing.   

• Love 24
3 hours ago, link417 said:

That's the story alright. However:

When old man Morgan and Sonja were in St Tropez together, Sonya caught him in bed with her girlfriend. They had a terrible fight so he flew back to the states. Enroute, he got food poisoning from the non first class seafood he had In first class. And then called Sonia to come home to play his nursemaid. ::shrug:: I'd tell him to stick it up his shriveled old arse, too.

Who knows what went on in that marriage and why it ended. Not us.  Dorinda wants everyone to live in the here and now. To be present. But has no problem with speculating about everyone's past. 

It's not okay for Sonja to speculate on Tinsley's present life either. You can dislike Dorinda's approach but the frustration she expressed with Sonja's lies and delusions was real and warranted.

• Love 10

I think it was sneaky of Sonja to claim Scott picked up the tab for Sonja's party and gift.  We all know Bravo did.  Just like they picked up the tab for the huge birthday party Dorinda "threw" for Ramona.  Tinsley was a cheapskate house guest, so I guess it must be Sonja's way of getting even.  

Tinsley is odd though-she and Scott haven't seen each other in two months and Tinsley was never invited to move to Chicago and Tinsley is commenting on others' relationships?  Tinsley seems to have an awful lot of unrequited love in her life.

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 8
9 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

I think it was sneaky of Sonja to claim Scott picked up the tab for Sonja's party and gift.  We all know Bravo did.  Just like they picked up the tab for the huge birthday party Dorinda "threw" for Ramona.  Tinsley was a cheapskate house guest, so I guess it most be Sonja's way of getting even.  

Tinsley is odd though-she and Scott haven't seen each other in two months and Tinsley was never invited to move to Chicago and Tinsley is commenting on others' relationships?  Tinsley seems to have an awful lot of unrequited love in her life.

As delusional as Sonja loves to portray herself, I don't know how she's going to rationalize and explain away how much she dogged Tinsley with no provocation! She just went on rants that I would never forgive! How will she live it down by the time the reunion is taped and she has to explain herself? ;-(

• Love 5
16 hours ago, Boofish said:

Yeah, it's sad to me as well. I like their friendship because it's very rare there is a genuine off camera friendship on these shows. I hope it can be repaired.

Just happened to me except I'm the Carole in this situation.  I got engaged and became a grandmother last year and just didn't want to hang out anymore on weekends at bars and restaurants. It unfortunately put a dent in the friendship. We are not at B and C level but we hardly see each other anymore because I moved about an hour outside of town (apparently your husband expects you to live with him WHO KNEW!) and I'm obsessed with my grandson -who is the fluffiest baby EVER. Any free weekend I'm speeding down the highway to get him and sit and hold and kiss those cheeks all day. 

Yeah, I just had it happen to my best friend of 25 years.  Sometimes life changes for one and it just kills the friendship because the other party just can’t relate or get it. 

16 hours ago, ShawnaLanne said:

But he's not dead. Not dead. Not leaving your child fatherless. Still alive. I've often joked/said it would be easier if my ex would have died,  for the reasons listed and more,  but it wouldn't,  especially if he had died while we were happily married. 

Exactly. One of my dear friends lost her husband when her oldest boy was 2 and she found out she was pregnant a couple of weeks after her husband died.  This was 9 years ago. She is still in therapy for it, as is both of her boys. If someone told her that divorce would have been more traumatic, she would lose it on them and I wouldn’t blame her.  Divorce sucks but being widowed is just a nightmare that you get stuck in and never truly escape from. 

10 hours ago, SheTalksShit said:

Agreed it was fucked up and insensitive of Sonja to say, "We've talked about that!" to Dorinda, but to be fair, LuAnn was trying to say something nice to Sonja and Dorinda cut her off to make it about her. I get it, though, Dorinda is annoyed that Sonja acts like she's the only person whose ever been through loss and lived a grand lifestyle. But everyone's different, people move at different paces. I think Sonja has other issues at play - I think the divorce took a major hit on Sonja's self-esteem. I also think the fact that she got hit with a $7M lawsuit as a result of the divorce took a toll on her. So their situations are different. 

Unless that file of Dorinda's included pictures of Sonja fucking another man in the south of France while still married to John Morgan, Dorinda really doesn't know what she's talking about. I'm not saying it is or isn't true, but considering Sonja denies it, we know she did not hear it from Sonja, so how the hell would she know? Only Sonja and her ex really know what their marriage dynamic was like. From what I have seen, though, I think Sonja was hurt by the divorce, it wasn't just about the money. Maybe her hurt stemmed from the fact that her husband would choose someone else over her, like maybe it was an ego thing, as opposed to actually loving her husband, who knows. But I think it's about more than just the money for her. 

Here is the thing though.... Sonja is not innocent in all of this.  Dude, look up the scams that she was pulling which led to her getting sued and subsequently filing for bankruptcy.  Sonja pulls a lot of shady shit and then doesn’t want to take responsbility for any of it.  

5 hours ago, SheTalksShit said:

Not when you're filming a reality TV show on national TV, it's not! If you say it on air, you might as well be going to the press. It's not like they're just having private convos in their living room amongst each other, no cameras in site, lol. 

But she isn’t running to the press with things that were being said on tv.  She is completely making stuff up and going to the press with it.  She is making up affairs, relationships, financial info, etc.  If she was just leaking about a fight that happened in the Berkshires that we were going to see later on, then that is one thing (and Bravo’s issue because I doubt they want her leaking that stuff out ahead of time).  But she is completely fabricating stories. 

5 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

I agree, but for some reason, I always feel like Luann is merely uttering platitudes.  I just don't sense sincerity.  Luann seems to bend whichever way the wind is blowing; if sympathy for Sawnya was the thing, okay, but if "the girls" were going in for her, then she'd be right there too.

Especially considering that Lu had major issues with Sonja last season over the whole “Tom and I were in a love affair that lasted years” that she kept telling EVERYBODY.  Sonja’s behavior was so bad last season that Lu didn’t invite her to the wedding!  Lu is going to protect her apple because that is the only way she brings in money.  If that means she has to suck up and play nice with Sonja then she will do it.  Doesn’t mean she actually feels it. 

• Love 9
8 hours ago, ryebread said:

That's the story alright. However:

When old man Morgan and Sonja were in St Tropez together, Sonya caught him in bed with her girlfriend. They had a terrible fight so he flew back to the states. Enroute, he got food poisoning from the non first class seafood he had In first class. And then called Sonia to come home to play his nursemaid. ::shrug:: I'd tell him to stick it up his shriveled old arse, too.

Who knows what went on in that marriage and why it ended. Not us.  Dorinda wants everyone to live in the here and now. To be present. But has no problem with speculating about everyone's past. 

That makes total sense. It would explain why he and Corinne got together so quick. There is no loyalty among golddigers!

• Love 4
7 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

I agree, but for some reason, I always feel like Luann is merely uttering platitudes.  I just don't sense sincerity.  Luann seems to bend whichever way the wind is blowing; if sympathy for Sawnya was the thing, okay, but if "the girls" were going in for her, then she'd be right there too.

Exactly. Plus it’s was the perfect opening for her “I suffered so much with TOM” bullshit.

Dorinda was wrong there . My opinion is that she got pissed that she trusted and gave  Sonja a chance  and Sonja paid her back by talking shit about her behind her back and being super shady.

• Love 6
6 hours ago, Fiero425 said:

You must not live in New York. This house and the penthouse are more than appropriate for a couple of people.

The locations of both properties were everything.

I would die for Luann’s house in Sag Harbor.

• Love 22

Dorinda sure looked scary going off on Sonja like that.  I can understand Dorinda's feelings on the matter, but damn, that was rather harsh, IMO!  Some times when one unleashes a volcano-sized rant on another person, it can backfire on said pissed off person and make the other person look more sympathetic.  I think this puts the other ladies in an awkward spot as far as who to comfort after that confrontation!  It will be interesting to see how they all handle the aftermath of it.  

• Love 5
3 hours ago, LIMOM said:

You must not live in New York. This house and the penthouse are more than appropriate for a couple of people.

The locations of both properties were everything.

I would die for Luann’s house in Sag Harbor.

I absolutely LOVE Lu's house in Sag Harbor as well.  It's beautiful.

• Love 21

Luann singing happy birthday was hilarious. She can't sing but I'm not sure she knows that. Bethenny's impersonation of her singing was even funnier, lol.

Sonja just talks too much. She loves to talk smack about everyone but is quick to lament about how much she's gone through and continues to go through. Bethanny's birthday dinner started off rocky. Sonja was being an ass going complaining about Carole's response to her text. If you wanted to tears and a hug for your thoughtful support, you should have showed up. I'm sure Carole got a ton of messages from people congratulating her - after a physical, emotional and mentally grueling experience, I'm sure Carole was too much in pain and exhausted to be writing paragraphs of texts back to everyone. Saying no response was better than 'thx'...get over yourself Sonja.

Loved Luann's home. It's not extravagant but if I could afford a secondary property that's meant to get away from hustle bustle live, something by the water that's cozy and looks lived in is what I would want. Even as a guest, I'd feel like I could get more comfortable in Luann's home compared to many of the other homes we see on this franchise. Not comfortable enough to go through their closets and wear their belongings though....

I couldn't even keep track of all that Dorinda was saying but between the gesture, eye rolls and head movement, it was a funny sight to see. Dorinda has zero filter when she's angry and/or drunk and sometimes you act a fool and deserve to get that treatment from her. I don't feel bad for Sonja at all. She's lamenting her situation (I mean how long has it been?) but is so inconsiderate to others, especially since all of them have gone through similar loss to hers with same situations. All of the women in this cast has either been widowed or divorced. All these women, except for Carole and Tinsley, have had children to consider during their divorce. Bethenny, Carole and Tinsley are the only women of the group who had other means of supporting themselves. For the others, their husbands income was largely what they relied on to support their needs and their children's needs. Many of these women have been through infidelities in their relationships. She wanted sympathy from Dorindo and co. but rolled her eyes at Dorinda pointing out that she lost her husband too and unlike Sonja, it's because she had to bury her husband. She won't ever see Richard again. Does Sonja care? Nope.

How do you call yourself a friend when you are the one spreading gossip about your friends love life that your friend argues isn't true? What kind of friend would continue to persist? Even if Ramona did tell Sonja that she was dating her contractor, Ramona's denial in front of everyone should have been enough for Sonja to shut up and realize that she was sharing information that was said in confidence. But not only did she persist but she was making comments about how Ramona treats relationships. She's said shit about all of her friends. All of them. The thing is that this victimhood, big mouth and inconsiderate behaviour has been demonstrated by Sonja since time. They can make as much sense as they want and get in her face as much as they want, Sonja won't ever listen. She's good at tuning people out.

• Love 15
9 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

As to Bethenny she is every bit as pretentious as Luann with her numerous mentions of how much money she makes and how many properties she owns.  I would bet that if Bethenny bought a penthouse-she would call it a penthouse.  I linked a story earlier where Luann had to rent during filming and the author, who was interviewing her in her temporary quarters referred to the rental as a penthouse.  It is part of the charm of these women they are so quick to point out something about another when they do the same damn thing.   

I can picture this:

"We don't need me and Obama on display in any of my penthouse properties..."

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, sasha206 said:

I absolutely LOVE Lu's house in Sag Harbor as well.  It's beautiful.

It is a really nice Sag Harbor property.  I love her updates to it as well.  But I love Bethenny’s home as well.  The two properties do show the difference the various hamlets are in the ‘Hamptons’.  Bethenny’s is private with a lot of space before the house next door.  While Lu’s is closer to water Beth’s is closer to the beach.  Both have a guest house and that’s always nice.  Lu added bedrooms since purchase.  Beth took a screen porch and added it as permenant.  Beth has a great pool and spa and enough property in front to have a friggin fair and a 40 acre reserve in that back.  Lu’s has a dock and a boat.  Very different properties but I wouldn’t turn down either one of them.

• Love 17
1 minute ago, QuinnM said:

It is a really nice Sag Harbor property.  I love her updates to it as well.  But I love Bethenny’s home as well.  The two properties do show the difference the various hamlets are in the ‘Hamptons’.  Bethenny’s is private with a lot of space before the house next door.  While Lu’s is closer to water Beth’s is closer to the beach.  Both have a guest house and that’s always nice.  Lu added bedrooms since purchase.  Beth took a screen porch and added it as permenant.  Beth has a great pool and spa and enough property in front to have a friggin fair and a 40 acre reserve in that back.  Lu’s has a dock and a boat.  Very different properties but I wouldn’t turn down either one of them.

Which town is Beth’s property located in?

20 hours ago, BloggerAloud said:

One of my friends told me last night that he thinks that Luann and Tom were the high-end version of Brittany and Jax from Vanderpump Rules and I can't unsee it now.

I would compare Lu/Tom to Scheana/Rob.

So what is the deal with the cars? Another poster mentioned that it’s possible Bravo arranged something with a car dealership. Lu and Ramona both discussed their cars for a minute or two. I do not think Ramona is a Maserati kind of person.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, ChitChat said:

Dorinda sure looked scary going off on Sonja like that.  I can understand Dorinda's feelings on the matter, but damn, that was rather harsh, IMO!  Some times when one unleashes a volcano-sized rant on another person, it can backfire on said pissed off person and make the other person look more sympathetic.  I think this puts the other ladies in an awkward spot as far as who to comfort after that confrontation!  It will be interesting to see how they all handle the aftermath of it.  

Harsh yes but with Sonja concerned you have to be harsh to get it thru her thick skull.   IMHO Dorinda was in the right--that's her DECEASED husband Sonja is talking about how dare she make a comparison to him and her husband that she was cheating on.

• Love 7
1 minute ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

I would compare Lu/Tom to Scheana/Rob.

So what is the deal with the cars? Another poster mentioned that it’s possible Bravo arranged something with a car dealership. Lu and Ramona both discussed their cars for a minute or two. I do not think Ramona is a Maserati kind of person.

It is the rage on Long Island. They must be giving away leases for the price of a Volkswagen!

It was funny to see the contrast between Lu and SonJa’ same exact cars (old and new!)

• Love 3
16 hours ago, SheTalksShit said:

I also think Sonja's resentment of Dorinda really started when Dorinda excluded her from that weekend in the Hamptons 2 seasons ago. Sonja kept tweeting about "it's not just about a night in the Hamptons, we all know the real price I paid." I think she may have been referring to the Bravo paycheck, they may pay the ladies bonuses when they take vacations where they're being filmed 24/7, as opposed to for a few hours at a certain event or venue. I kind of agree that it was weird of Dorinda to do that, bc Sonja has known these girls much longer than her and Sonja is an adult, she doesn't need anyone's protection from Bethenny or anyone else. 

Ever since then, they've been going back and forth. Sonja is resentful of Dorinda and constantly jabs at her with passive-aggressive digs and then crazy Dorinda constantly retaliates. 

Because Dorinda started it, I find myself more sympathetic to Sonja. 

I wish someone would call Dorinda out, someone needs to check her. 

It was the Berkshires in Season 8 (same trip with the Bethenny rant on Luann). Sonja and Luann had pay-per-scene deals that year because they were holding out for more money, failed, and signed on at the last minute. Sonja is definitely still bitter with Dorinda about that.

• Love 2

I can't believe I've made it through 8 pages of comments and no one has mentioned Lady Morgan drinking tea out of a cup with the bag still in it and what looked like about 8 inches of string dangling between the lip of the cup and the tag. 

• Love 5
18 hours ago, link417 said:

I agree with Bethenny, Lu has the potential to be fun whereas Ramona is something to be tolerated. I can't stand Ramona and I do think she's the definition of 'privileged-as-a-dirty-word.' She is very entitled and the type of person where if you give her an inch, she'll take 1,000 miles and wonder why she hasn't gotten 1,000 more just because.

Yes to this. Lu may go all countessy sometimes, but she can still have fun and be pretty entertaining. Be cool don't be like all uncool - priceless. And she can laugh at herself. Falling in the bushes - twice,. Loved it. I was surprised she let that douche mess her around last year, because I think she's a pretty strong resilient woman. If she was constantly moaning about her divorce like Sonya, they'd be all over her for that. Glad that's over. And guess what Tinsley, she doesn't have to talk about it to you if she doesn't want to. She's known you like 2 minutes?

I don't see many redeeming qualities in Ramona. She's a user. Ordering that artist around like he was there as a mover was really pissing me off. She may have an occasion good line - turtle time- or take a xanax - but at heart she's just all about Ramona.

• Love 14
16 hours ago, SheTalksShit said:

Agreed it was fucked up and insensitive of Sonja to say, "We've talked about that!" to Dorinda, but to be fair, LuAnn was trying to say something nice to Sonja and Dorinda cut her off to make it about her. I get it, though, Dorinda is annoyed that Sonja acts like she's the only person whose ever been through loss and lived a grand lifestyle. But everyone's different, people move at different paces. I think Sonja has other issues at play - I think the divorce took a major hit on Sonja's self-esteem. I also think the fact that she got hit with a $7M lawsuit as a result of the divorce took a toll on her. So their situations are different. 

Unless that file of Dorinda's included pictures of Sonja fucking another man in the south of France while still married to John Morgan, Dorinda really doesn't know what she's talking about. I'm not saying it is or isn't true, but considering Sonja denies it, we know she did not hear it from Sonja, so how the hell would she know? Only Sonja and her ex really know what their marriage dynamic was like. From what I have seen, though, I think Sonja was hurt by the divorce, it wasn't just about the money. Maybe her hurt stemmed from the fact that her husband would choose someone else over her, like maybe it was an ego thing, as opposed to actually loving her husband, who knows. But I think it's about more than just the money for her. 

I don't think Dorinda cut off Luann intentionally to make it about her but I think it became that way because she used herself as an example to demonstrate that Sonja isn't the only person who's had loss and suffered in life. I think what triggered Dorinda is that despite how poorly Sonja talks about her friends and spreads gossip about them (keep in mind this is fresh off the heels of learning Sonja's shit talking of Tinsley, Dorinda and Ramona), she seems to think that people always go back to 'it's just Sonja, she's been through a lot so let's not give her too much of a hard time). I don't think she appreciates people using Sonja's life experiences as a roundabout excuse for Sonja's behaviour because it just encourages Sonja to continue doing the same things even when people call her out.

There's obviously history with Sonja and her ex-husband so it's going to be more hurtful to hear those accusations, but in theory, Dorinda didn't do to Sonja anything different than what Sonja did to Ramona in the conversation before. The whole reason the argument started was because Sonja was making claims about Ramona's love life which Ramona denied but she persisted that Ramona loves them hard and leaves them quick (which isn't a very flattering description of Ramona's approach to love, imo). Sonja could easily give these women nothing to talk about it if she didn't bother to, without reason or prodding, talk shit and spread rumours about the other women but that's probably a recipe for a pink slip by Bravo.

• Love 5
13 hours ago, ancslove said:

Wonder if anyone will be as successful in their reinvention as Lisa Rinna was over on RHOBH.

1 hour ago, noveltylibrary said:

It wasn't successful with me, I still can't stand her ;)

Rinna is the reason I quit BH.  So she's had a redemption arc, huh?

What did they do, cut her hair and tape her lips closed?

1 hour ago, jennylauren123 said:

The way Ramona said, "My car is sexy. I think I'm sexy. My car is powerful. I think I'm powerful. ..."

Reminded me of "When I was in band camp..."

Reminded me of one of Ramona's old taglines:   "I like making my own money. I find it an aphrodisiac."

Say what, now, ya loon?

• Love 9
14 hours ago, SheTalksShit said:

Dorinda scares me when she drinks. I've said it before, and I'll probably say it again. I've seen mean-drunk-alcoholism up close and personal in my family. I know it when I see it. Dorinda needs some help, but she doesn't think so, and that's sad. If seeing herself so out of control on TV doesn't get her to change, I don't know what will. Not-drunk Dorinda can be fun. Drunk Dorinda isn't.

I remember when I was a teenager and my dad told me that there are different kinds of drunk. There's happy drunk, sad drunk, sleepy drunk, sloppy drunk and angry drunk. When Dorinda joined the show I thought she was just a sloppy drunk, but now I think I think she's both angry and sloppy and it's scary. 

Edited by poeticlicensed
  • Love 10

I'm not liking Dorinda too much anymore.  Does every occasion wind up having her ranting like a maniac?  Andy Cohen salivates  when they act all crazy, drunk or not.  It's probably in the script to act that way.  The crazier, the better.

• Love 2
37 minutes ago, RHJunkie said:

I don't think Dorinda cut off Luann intentionally to make it about her but I think it became that way because she used herself as an example to demonstrate that Sonja isn't the only person who's had loss and suffered in life.

I think Dorinda cut off Lu because she'd been on the edge of her seat for days, just waiting for an opportunity to execute her plan and kill Sonja dead. 

Ramona was going all Kumbaya and talking about being more sensitive to each other's feelings. Could they just try that? she asked. And Dorinda piped up with, "You mean try that again."  She was starting to twitch, especially when nobody took the bait.

Then Sonja starts talking about expressing her feelings and Lu says some comforting words to her and that's when Dorinda lost her mind.

I have to admit, although I hate seeing allegedly strong women lose control like that, I'm anxious to see how much further she can take it.

• Love 4
45 minutes ago, cheewhiz said:

Does anyone know anything about the accident that Morgan was in that Sonja is referencing?  I googled it and found nothing, lots on Tracy Morgan, nothing on this Morgan.

I think every account I've ever read was that JAM got sick, went home, asked Sonja to come back from the South of France while he was sick, and she refused. Some versions, indicate that Sonja had discovered that he was secretly schtupping her friend before he got sick, she confronted him, and refused his summons when he issued it.

• Love 2

I'll be in the minority here, but I'm not minding Carole this season... so far. It's nice to see she got her voice back after being weak and mealy mouthed the past few seasons being Bethenny's bitch. 

The Carole and Tinsley friendship is like the Odd Couple. Is Carole making Tinsley her bitch?  First off, it is hard to think of Tinsley as an independent 40-something year old woman, and not a vapid sorority sister with a bad case of vocal fry and uptalk . If there is depth to her or something interesting about her other than the highlights/lowlights in her hair, I'd like to see it. 

Dorinda was off the chain, barking, and frothing at the mouth like a rabid dog at Sonja. Sonja played the fluffy Persian cat looking dumb but is secretly evil sitting there nonplussed, but all the while swishing her tail with a quiet contentment knowing that her nasty/nice stirred up a frothy stink bomb. 

Ramona thinks that if she bats her eyelashes, and sticks out her fake knockers and acts all "Gee wiz, ahahaha, I have a HUGE favor to ask of you" that it makes it somewhat okay to order people around to do manual labor for her. She always treats people like they are her personal servants. Hotel staff, business associates, and now a freelance artist is expected to move her shit around. If she can afford a Maserati, then she can hire a personal assistant to take care of stuff like that for a price. She absolutely sickens me. 

Edited by Barbara Please
  • Love 15
1 minute ago, Barbara Please said:

I'll be in the minority here, but I'm liking Carole this season... so far. It's nice to see she got her voice back after being weak and mealy mouthed the past few seasons being Bethenny's bitch. 

The Carole and Tinsley friendship is like the Odd Couple. Is Carole making Tinsley her bitch?  First off, it is hard to think of Tinsley is an independent 40-something year old woman, and not a vapid sorority sister with a bad case of vocal fry and uptalk . If there is depth to her or something interesting about her other than the highlights/lowlights in her hair, I'd like to see it. 

Dorinda was off the chain, barking, and frothing at the mouth like a rabid dog at Sonja. Sonja played the fluffy Persian cat looking dumb but is secretly evil sitting there nonplussed, but all the while swishing her tail with a quiet contentment knowing that her nasty/nice stirred up a frothy stink bomb. 

Ramona thinks that if she bats her eyelashes, and sticks out her fake knockers and acts all "Gee wiz, ahahaha, I have a HUGE favor to ask of you" that it makes it somewhat okay to order people around to do manual labor for her. She always treats people like they are her personal servants. Hotel staff, business associates, and now a freelance artist is expected to move her shit around. If she can afford a Maserati, then she can hire a personal assistant to take care of stuff like that for a price. She absolutely sickens me. 

Yeah but, wasn't she paying them for a service?

• Love 1
Just now, Higgins said:

Yeah but, wasn't she paying them for a service?

Not to move her furniture around or carry her clothes up to her room. She was paying them to put up art. 

• Love 12
3 minutes ago, Higgins said:

How do we know what the agreement was?

Because she said she was asking them to do all these things that they shouldn't be doing both to them as they were doing it and in her talking heads. 

• Love 12
13 hours ago, Drumpf1737 said:

So Bethany thinks all socialites are kept women? And didn't she use her inheritance to build her business? Wait I just realized she's only finding fault because it's Tinsley.

Agreed. Like Carole believes that if a woman lets her boyfriend pay for some things, she's a "whore".  

I don't know how I feel about Tinsley yet, but these women are dragging her and she doesn't even know it. So that makes me at least sympathetic to her.

The only one I can think of who hasn't been condescending, manipulating or mean to her is Moaner. Or am I forgetting something?

• Love 3