Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E03: Til Brunch Do Us Part

• Start Topic

7 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

yes she did

Sonja :my husband didn't leave me I left my husband ...

But you are leaving out a big chunk of crazy Dorinda-speak before Sonja said her husband didn't leave her. 

But no worries, it's pretty firmly cemented in my head that Dorinda really hates Sonja and is on a mission to take her down. I hope, all of the others that have been on the other end of Dorinda's rants can see what's going on. They don't have to like Sonja to be cautious scared shitless of Doris.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Keywestclubkid said:

oh Ramona's blog lol

I was surprised Carole didn't stay with Bethenny that weekend. Carole expected to be there, but Bethenny had Dennis with her and didn’t want Carole around. Carole has developed a close relationship with Tinsley, and Bethenny seems to have a problem with that. In true friendships, people understand that you can concentrate on more than one friend — Bethenny doesn't comprehend that concept. It seems like Bethenny is resentful of Carole’s bond with Tinsley and the fact that Carole is not totally focused on her. Carole is the least needy woman I ever met. Complete opposite of Bethenny.

The lunch at Luann’s was surreal. Again, we see Sonja not making sense. She brings up such nonsense about me and then goes on about things that happened in her life 10 years ago. When will Sonja live in the moment and stop fabricating?

http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-new-york-city/season-10/blogs/ramona-singer/ramona-singer-sonja-just-talks-to

There's a part of me that suspects Bethenny did invite Carole but wouldn't invite Tinsley. This forced Carole to take sides and she chose to room with Tinsley so that she wouldn't be left alone, plus staying with Tinsley would be easier as she wasn't with Adam and Tinsley wasn't with Scott. That's easier than being the 3rd wheel at Bethenny's with Dennis there.

Tinsley sure wasn't going to be invited to stay at Luann's. She also doesn't seem to have bonded with Ramona - so Ramona wasn't inviting her to stay at her place.

• Love 14
6 minutes ago, ryebread said:

But you are leaving out a big chunk of crazy Dorinda-speak before Sonja said her husband didn't leave her. 

But no worries, it's pretty firmly cemented in my head that Dorinda really hates Sonja and is on a mission to take her down. I hope, all of the others that have been on the other end of Dorinda's rants can see what's going on. They don't have to like Sonja to be cautious scared shitless of Doris.

what I just posted pretty much verbatim what was said in that fight there wasn't a big chunk that was left out.. the conversation before that was how she never lives in the present and throws the other girls jabs like Ramona being in love with contractor Mario thats when they ask can they start over then the luanne thing happens 

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Love 4

I used to really like Sonja - but she keeps getting worse and worse every year. Her backhanded compliments to Carol about her hair color ( btw I think looks great ) , rumors about Tinsley being a kept woman etc - I want to punch her..she continues to act this way because she has always gotten away with it. She thinkss she still is Dame Morgan, even in her opening credits she says its all about the name but with an empty wallet. I do believe she is jealous of the other women being financially stable. Its exhausting to hear about her divorce that happened 15 years ago. For years was playing the victim, no Sonja you weren't. It was her bad decisions that got her in that place. I was happy that Dorinda spilled the tea in her tirade, was it too much, yes - she does have anger issues.  Bethany, yet again comes across as always having to be right in EVERY situation - Ramona making an artist move her furniture around is pathetic, she uses people - plain and simple and she owns it.  

• Love 15

Thanks for the welcome!

I can see both sides of the Sonja/Dorinda argument, even after seeing it typed out verbatim. Sonja does say ridiculous and nasty things, but Dorinda escalates conversations to full-blown wars way too quickly. Of course, that’s why she’s great at being a Bravo Housewife. 

• Love 12
55 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

Carole/Adam - Sonja doesn't like the idea that another HW caught the eye of a younger man and didn't have to pay him like a gigolo to keep him. How dare Carole when she's Sonja with a sexy J

I agree with pretty much everything except this. Maybe Carole doesn't pay Adam in cash but she enticed him with a cook book, helped him with various fruitless endeavors, let him flop at her house in between buying him expensive camera equipment and taking him on vacations. I have a feeling he would not have gotten his spot on Chopped (I'm not even sure the fix wasn't in for his win because of his "fame") if it wasn't for his connections and raised SM profile due to his being on RH, oh and I'm sure he gets a check for being her "boyfriend"

• Love 9

From  Carole's blog:

"P.S. Ramona isn’t tolerated by any of us. She is and has been a good friend who has her quirks like the rest of us. But that girl has more close girlfriends than any single girl I’ve ever known. They literally velcro themselves to her side! That's because she knows what it means to be a good friend, regardless of her dynamic with Bethenny, who is not a friend to her. And sure, I guess Luann can be fun too, but she called me a pedophile, refers to my three-year relationship as a "boytoy," and diminishes my accomplishments, because I don’t have three dance tunes on Pandora! But sure, B, she’s fun too. Nice way to have my back like I always had yours. Sad.

And poor dumb Sonja not to know the difference between a bad divorce and a young death. I feel sorry for her except for the fact that she is #nastynice to my friends, and if I’m anything, it’s loyal. #rideordiehoney"

http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-new-york-city/season-10/blogs/carole-radziwill/carole-radziwill-im-not-a

There's more - she decides to write about what kind of person she is using "Carole is .------"

"Carole is the kind of person who can take criticism if actual criticism is given."

"Carole is the kind of person who will correct the record backed up with screenshots and evidence. Lol."

'Carole is the kind of person who drives four hours in traffic to go to her friend’s birthday dinner, who brings three dozen roses, and doesn’t make a big deal when she doesn’t say thank you."

She's really making some points about Bethenny.  Whatever happened there must have been pretty big.

• Love 24

Remember, we met Dorinda in S7 and she graciously listened and empathized with Ramona about her divorce while Sonja could only talk about HER divorce when Ramona had come to her about it.  Three years later, she still hasn't evolved.

Carole's blogs can come across as bitter and venomous sometimes, but I am here for them! I think she processes a lot of things internally -- rarely does she have an outburst like the others -- but the wheels are always turning. She still has the journalist mindset where she picks up on details and files them away in her mental Rolodex. And Carole and Dorinda are always gonna back each other up if we get into a ridiculous Widowhood vs. Divorce pain contest. (Although we learned from Ramona that both can cause Post Stress Syndrome)

• Love 17

before the fight started

Luanne : you been through a lot my love and you.....

Dorinda : oh stop with this Bologna I buried a husband ok

Sonja : Like we haven't heart that a thousand times .....flying arms

Dorinda :you got divorced how long ago 15 years two decades ago and we talk about sonja morgen like it just happened yesterday

Sonja took that shot first the fight was on her at that point

Right there where Dorinda interrupted LuAnn by telling her to stop, because she buried a husband sounds like the first shot to me. That’s where she basically said that nothing Sonja has been through could possibly compare to what she had been through. While that may be true, it was Dorinda herself who made the comparison, in the first place, by interjecting with that comment about her life — not Sonja. Sonja definitely made it worse with her insensitive comment in response. She should have patted Dorinda sympathetically and said, “Oh, I know, Dorinda. Of course, I would never say that my divorce was worse than you losing Richard in death.” Both were in the wrong.

• Love 11

Hmm Bethenny says she asked Carole to stay at her house, and Carole said Bethenny says her house was too full. 

I'm inclined to believe Carole, but the whole "Unlike some people whose names I could mention, *I'm* actually great to my friends!" (and then she proceeds to call out her friend publicly in a PA way) makes me question that. I don't think "Carole is very self-aware" is gonna make the 2.0 list.

Edited by Jel
  • Love 9
6 minutes ago, Momofgreengables said:

Right there where Dorinda interrupted LuAnn by telling her to stop, because she buried a husband sounds like the first shot to me. That’s where she basically said that nothing Sonja has been through could possibly compare to what she had been through. While that may be true, it was Dorinda herself who made the comparison, in the first place, by interjecting with that comment about her life — not Sonja. Sonja definitely made it worse with her insensitive comment in response. She should have patted Dorinda sympathetically and said, “Oh, I know, Dorinda. Of course, I would never say that my divorce was worse than you losing Richard in death.” Both were in the wrong.

I think it was more Sonja was the cause of her divorce 20 years ago and is trying to make it sound like it compares to loosing a husband that was in love with his spouse when they died. Sonja cheated and got dumped but is acting like it was something done to her and not something she had a hand in. where dorindas husband was taken from her with no choice made. Sonja brings up her divorce constantly like it just happened and oh woe is me it’s so hard on me. She’s slept with half of New York and still hasn’t conned another man to marry her. I’m not even a big fan of dorinda just glad someone is finally telling Sonja to STFU about being divorced and acting like she was the victim 

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Love 14
17 minutes ago, WhoaWhoKnew said:

How hilarious is Sonja trying to talk up the Jitney like it's peak luxury travel?

It reminded me of Alex and Simon says having a blow up kiddie pool was a luxury others can't enjoy.

I always pictured the Jitney customer as the fresh out of college, landed a great job in Manhattan, doing rental shares for a Hamptons house on the weekend, and then you have Sonja, reading a paper newspaper.  dying!!

• Love 9

In my opinion, there were two phases to that brunch discussion. In the first phase, Dorinda, who I agreed with, was stating her point in an at-times obnoxious and extra way, with the flailing arms and mocking. This phase either  ended as soon as Sonya said, "Oh, we heard that a thousand times too!" or Dorinda said that she buried her husband. That kicked off the second phase, in which Dorinda turned into Tony Soprano. The first phase was loud but everyone was in the conversation and nobody was invading anyone's space. I think this is what Dorinda meant when she said that she is going to bring up her grievances to Sonja. The second phase was, like, one step away from smearing Vaseline on faces and taking earrings off. People have triggers and Richard and his death are huge triggers for Dorinda. I don't think Tony Soprano would have been unleashed if that one thing wasn't said, since Dorinda didn't strike me as being drunk there. It would have continued being loud and exasperating rather than loud and hidetheknives.

And, yeah, the fact that it was Sonja that said it led to even more hulking out - I think she would have had a reaction if anyone said it, but it's worse coming from Sonja. Because to Dorinda, Sonja had a huge part in causing her own divorce by fucking around in France. It wasn't like, say, Ramona and Mario, where Ramona appeared blindsided. So it's like, "You fucked up your own marriage so don't compare it to mine ending due to my husband dying suddenly."

I understood Dorinda's side more, because they had been talking about Sonja going on about St. Tropez and Sonja appeared to be equating that to Dorinda going on about Richard. Sonja goes on more about the lifestyle JA Morgan provided her (the trips, the yachts, the celebrities) than about the actual marriage itself whereas Dorinda goes on about her actual husband. I would bristle at the comparison too (don't know if I would lose it like that but I've had my moments).

Edited by Luciano
  • Love 21
1 hour ago, ryebread said:

This. Dorinda has gone on tirades drunk, and not drunk, probably close to a dozen times at this point? The first time I remember her doing it, but surely it wasn't the first, was when she went off at Heather for using the f bomb. And I thought it was funny for all the arm flailing and spit flying. But the thing is, now I'm starting to look at her like I did Kelly Bensimon. Something is wrong with her. And if I'm wrong, and that's just the way she rolls, I think she's a nasty bish and am glad I have noone in my life that remotely resembles her. Life is too short to go around having friends that you're afraid of.

I hope she gets the help that she agrees she needs. Maybe Sonya could hook her up with her psychiatrist.

Dorinda's first fit was when Heather didn't wait up for her.  

Sonja when she was prattling on did hit on something current and relevant to the other ladies-her daughter.  She mentioned her daughter wanted to take a year off-Ramona's daughter went straight through college, Luann's daughter did some maybe completed college and works as an artist, Dorinda's daughter dropped out of college and apparently does nothing but shop and live off the largess of her father.  Granted Luann jumped in to try and show Sonja a little sympathy but we have watched Ramona cry when her daughter went away, Luann show Victoria's work, Hannah in all her glory, so maybe it is time to acknowledge Sonja is a single mom with a daughter.

Personally, I would like to hear if old man Morgan indulges Quincy.  Or what she can expect to come into when she reaches adulthood.  Or if Sonja and still gets to take Quincy to the family residences around the world.  

• Love 10

The difference between Beth and Sonja is Beth doesn’t make shit up and doesn’t live in the past so no dorinda wouldn’t tell Beth to stop talking about Jason 

I'm not sure about that one. She said she invited Carole to stay (on the episode), and Carole on the show, her blog, and her twitter said she was told there wasn't room.

Carole Radziwill‏Verified account @CaroleRadziwill 6h6 hours ago

Yeah she made it clear she didn't really want me to stay...so I didn't. I was told I had to stay at the hotel.

• Love 9
31 minutes ago, mwell345 said:

She's really making some points about Bethenny.  Whatever happened there must have been pretty big.

Absolutely but both in her THs and now in her blogs she is coming across like a really nasty bitch.  There’s a better way to do this.  

• Love 16
35 minutes ago, mwell345 said:

From an interview Bethenny dares to say something abut Adam and his mommy Carole, as we know by now, cannot handle anyone saying anything about him. I have a feeling it's about him either moving on and dating other women or using her.

Radziwill also confessed that she and Frankel weren’t on the same page when it came to Radziwill’s ex Adam Kenworthy.

“That was one of the reasons that Bethenny and I had disagreements, because it was something that she said about Adam,” she revealed.

https://pagesix.com/2018/04/04/bethenny-frankel-shaded-carole-radziwills-ex-boyfriend/

• Love 6
4 hours ago, Lady of nod said:

This may well be true. But when she mentioned burying her husband and Sonya said "we've heard that a thousand times" , that was the instant catalyst. 

Especially since I really don't think Dorinda plays the widow card. I do think she TALKS about Richard a lot - but in a loving, nostalgic way. I don't think she sits around bemoaning his death in front of the others and trying to garner their sympathy. Sonja wants to use her divorce as an excuse for everything and it's ridiculous. 

4 hours ago, ancslove said:

Bethenny’s immediate insecurity when everyone was even later to her birthday than she was is one of her more humanizing moments.  She knows that she’ll never be the social butterfly and belle of the ball that LuAnn and Ramona and Tinsley can be, and although she really wouldn’t want to be, there’s still that flash of panic.

I totally related to her in that moment. I hate the way I am sometimes, but I can admit that I am a very insecure, often paranoid woman. I do pretty damn good at keeping it to myself, so I'm not TELLING people that I'm convinced they're all hanging out without me when they're 10 minutes late. But it's there. 

• Love 22
48 minutes ago, mwell345 said:

"P.S. Ramona isn’t tolerated by any of us. She is and has been a good friend who has her quirks like the rest of us. But that girl has more close girlfriends than any single girl I’ve ever known. They literally velcro themselves to her side! That's because she knows what it means to be a good friend, regardless of her dynamic with Bethenny, who is not a friend to her. And sure, I guess Luann can be fun too, but she called me a pedophile, refers to my three-year relationship as a "boytoy," and diminishes my accomplishments, because I don’t have three dance tunes on Pandora! But sure, B, she’s fun too. Nice way to have my back like I always had yours. Sad.

I can totally understand why Carole will never be cool with Lu. What I don't get is why she feels that Bethenny needs to have her back about that 100%, but she isn't willing to do the same vs. Ramona. It just seems rather hypocritical to me. 

36 minutes ago, Momofgreengables said:

Right there where Dorinda interrupted LuAnn by telling her to stop, because she buried a husband sounds like the first shot to me. That’s where she basically said that nothing Sonja has been through could possibly compare to what she had been through.

I didn't think that was Dorinda's intent - to compare. I think it was more about Sonja USING her traumas as excuses for everything. I felt like Dorinda was basically saying, "I buried a husband, but you don't see me using that as a reason for all my behavior." And she really doesn't. 

I don't think I could sit there, either, and listen to people coddle Sonja - "oh, well, you've been through so much lately, honey."

• Love 19
26 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

Dorinda's first fit was when Heather didn't wait up for her.  

Sonja when she was prattling on did hit on something current and relevant to the other ladies-her daughter.  She mentioned her daughter wanted to take a year off-Ramona's daughter went straight through college, Luann's daughter did some maybe completed college and works as an artist, Dorinda's daughter dropped out of college and apparently does nothing but shop and live off the largess of her father.  Granted Luann jumped in to try and show Sonja a little sympathy but we have watched Ramona cry when her daughter went away, Luann show Victoria's work, Hannah in all her glory, so maybe it is time to acknowledge Sonja is a single mom with a daughter.

Personally, I would like to hear if old man Morgan indulges Quincy.  Or what she can expect to come into when she reaches adulthood.  Or if Sonja and still gets to take Quincy to the family residences around the world.  

If Quincy Morgan does not get in any colleges of her choice, I will give up chocolate for a month. 

• Love 14
1 hour ago, Ki-in said:

I agree with pretty much everything except this. Maybe Carole doesn't pay Adam in cash but she enticed him with a cook book, helped him with various fruitless endeavors, let him flop at her house in between buying him expensive camera equipment and taking him on vacations. I have a feeling he would not have gotten his spot on Chopped (I'm not even sure the fix wasn't in for his win because of his "fame") if it wasn't for his connections and raised SM profile due to his being on RH, oh and I'm sure he gets a check for being her "boyfriend"

When they first met..there was definitely a chemistry..an instant connection.

I didn't see Adam saying to himself I'm going to hook up with her to use her.

• Love 12

That display by Doritos Locos just made her look truly unhinged, I hope she's not proud of herself for that shit. If I'm remembering correctly, in the season preview she finally realizes she needs help -- I hope she gets it, because that behavior is NOT okay. Nothing Sonja or anyone else says or does can make her react that way; she needs to take personal responsibility for that nonsense and learn how to do better.

I agree with Bethenny, Lu has the potential to be fun whereas Ramona is something to be tolerated. I can't stand Ramona and I do think she's the definition of 'privileged-as-a-dirty-word.' She is very entitled and the type of person where if you give her an inch, she'll take 1,000 miles and wonder why she hasn't gotten 1,000 more just because.

I loved Bethenny's TH digs at Tinsley during the birthday party scene, and all of them dancing and having fun at the end of that scene. Tinsley is too damn old to be acting so childish toward Sonya. Though I guess the same could be said about most of the cast, they're all a bit long in the tooth for the grade-school antics.

Bethenny's digs in her THs at Carole were a bit overmuch. It felt like she was hurt that Carole had become better friends with Tinsley while cooling on her relationship with B, so she defensively struck back in her THs.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, TV Diva Queen said:

I always pictured the Jitney customer as the fresh out of college, landed a great job in Manhattan, doing rental shares for a Hamptons house on the weekend, and then you have Sonja, reading a paper newspaper.  dying!!

The Summer House fools ??? 

Jitney sounds like a summer drink to have at the Hamptons.    

• Love 5
57 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

I think it was more Sonja was the cause of her divorce 20 years ago and is trying to make it sound like it compares to loosing a husband that was in love with his spouse when they died. Sonja cheated and got dumped but is acting like it was something done to her and not something she had a hand in. where dorindas husband was taken from her with no choice made. Sonja brings up her divorce constantly like it just happened and oh woe is me it’s so hard on me. She’s slept with half of New York and still hasn’t conned another man to marry her. I’m not even a big fan of dorinda just glad someone is finally telling Sonja to STFU about being divorced and acting like she was the victim 

I remember earlier season of Sonja talking about her marriage. She tried to portray a fairy tale romance. The divorce just just a big misunderstanding. Morgan has people around him that won't allow him to speak to her. She won't have her daughter on the show because she doesn't want her to be in front of the cameras. The myth and delusions began as soon as she started on the show.

I say - Morgan didn't sweep her off her feet, she found her mark and targeted him. Was she pregnant when they walked down the aisle? I think Morgan had his suspicions and I'm sure the people working for him sent someone to spy on her and created a dossier. No way would this man be cuckolded. I do wonder if there was some sort of fidelity clause in their prenup. Quincy was never on the show because Morgan would never allow it, not Sonja.

• Love 7
17 hours ago, Duke2801 said:

Oh yea that whole situation was odd. Equally surprising was that her “car” was actually a pickup truck! Lol 

that was just her ride to her car.  She drove her Mercedes to Lu's house.  It was maybe a late 80's or early 90's model if I remember correctly. The truck she got picked up in is worth more than her Mercedes.

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, AnnMarie17 said:

OMG...your name and avatar!!!  You have MADE MY DAY!!! 

I yell "You frauded me Mohammed! I have my evidence binder and am gonna get you deported!" at my co-worker all the time. 

• Love 4
1 minute ago, Ki-in said:

I yell "You frauded me Mohammed! I have my evidence binder and am gonna get you deported!" at my co-worker all the time. 

I think I'd like to work with you.  In fact, when talking about things I read here with my husband, I say "one of my coworkers said..." so I can avoid the humiliation of him knowing just how much time I devote to all things Housewives.  So you are, in a way, already my coworker! 

Sorry, to get back on topic, I've not watched this episode yet, I'll see it tonight, but reading this forum all day (yes, coworkers, pretty much all day) has been SO fun. I've missed the NYC shit show.

• Love 12
15 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

I remember earlier season of Sonja talking about her marriage. She tried to portray a fairy tale romance. The divorce just just a big misunderstanding. Morgan has people around him that won't allow him to speak to her. She won't have her daughter on the show because she doesn't want her to be in front of the cameras. The myth and delusions began as soon as she started on the show.

I say - Morgan didn't sweep her off her feet, she found her mark and targeted him. Was she pregnant when they walked down the aisle? I think Morgan had his suspicions and I'm sure the people working for him sent someone to spy on her and created a dossier. No way would this man be cuckolded. I do wonder if there was some sort of fidelity clause in their prenup. Quincy was never on the show because Morgan would never allow it, not Sonja.

I stopped listening to Sonja years ago; always revisionist history going on with her! Everything's a fairytale where she's the adored princess! Screw her; the act has gotten as old as her body! ;-(

• Love 6
58 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

I can totally understand why Carole will never be cool with Lu. What I don't get is why she feels that Bethenny needs to have her back about that 100%, but she isn't willing to do the same vs. Ramona. It just seems rather hypocritical to me. 

I didn't think that was Dorinda's intent - to compare. I think it was more about Sonja USING her traumas as excuses for everything. I felt like Dorinda was basically saying, "I buried a husband, but you don't see me using that as a reason for all my behavior." And she really doesn't. 

I don't think I could sit there, either, and listen to people coddle Sonja - "oh, well, you've been through so much lately, honey."

First time poster. You guys are hilarious and the best part of these ordeal of the housewives. NYC is my fave tho and its not only cuz I am a New Yorker. This. Sonia has been using her divorce as an excuse for EVERYTHING since she started. Its not cute and it can be triggering for many. My fiance has a friend whose sister was murdered several years ago. They weren't on speaking terms. He is obviously hurt and feels tremendous guilt about it YET he refuses to get help and instead is bitter, sarcastic and frankly toxic to be around. I lost both my parents a year ago in the SAME year. I am sometimes full of guilt and rage but I stay away from people on those days. I seek help. He just uses as a crutch and my fiance and others enable him. His directed that toxic behavior around me and my kid and I reacted similar to Dorinada. its a sore point in our relationship because of it. He won't check him. My motto is seek therapy or stay your ass at home. Don't bring that shit to others. 

That said besides that Dorinda is cray cray but I love watching her. She's unhinged in the best way. 

Edited by lamujerdecente
typo
  • Love 17
1 hour ago, QuinnM said:

Absolutely but both in her THs and now in her blogs she is coming across like a really nasty bitch.  There’s a better way to do this.  

I feel like Carole has done this from the get go. It's usually with Lu, though.

• Love 9
7 minutes ago, lamujerdecente said:

First time poster. You guys are hilarious and the best part of these ordeal of the housewives. NYC is my fave tho and its not only cuz I am a New Yorker. This. Sonia has been using her divorce as an excuse for EVERYTHING since she started. Its not cute and it can be triggering for many. My fiance has a friend whose sister was murdered several years ago. They weren't on speaking terms. He is obviously hurt and feels tremendous guilt about it YET he refuses to get help and instead is bitter, sarcastic and frankly toxic to be around. I lost both my parents a year ago in the SAME year. I am sometimes full of guilt and rage but I stay away from people on those days. I seek help. He just uses as a crutch and my fiance and others enable him. His directed that toxic behavior around me and my kid and I reacted similar to Dorinada. its a sore point in our relationship because of it. He won't check him. My motto is seek therapy or stay your ass at home. Don't bring that shit to others. 

That said besides tat Dorinda is cray cray but I love watching her. She's unhinged in the best way. 

Welcome! 

Thank you for sharing your story, and I'm sorry about your loss. I totally see where you're coming from. We ALL have "something" in our past, so it's useless to try and compare. But I feel Dorinda just doesn't want to hear the EXCUSES anymore. Neither do I. 

I agree that she often becomes pretty unhinged. She should probably be seeking help herself. But damned if I just can't quit her and crazy ways. 

• Love 12
15 hours ago, ryebread said:

I'm on team Dorinda about brunch, too.  But losing her mind, as often as she does, drunk or sober, like that? - somethin' ain't right with Doris. 

We've all got destructive/bad behaviors, but her reactions are teetering in Teresa Giudice territory. They can't even be called reactions because she planned that attack. She spent 2 or 3 days before the Hamptons planning to go off on Sonja. Telling us what she was going to do and how Tinsley, for example had to back her. So not only does she go batshit crazy when she's mad, she's methodical in the way she gets there.

Well, alcoholics when they start getting dementia or WKS can get VERY mean.  When she slurs it reminds me of the last conversation with my dad.  He wasn't drinking at that point (unless his evil GF gave it to him, he was unable to get out of bed etc).  It was actually kind of upsetting for me to hear her at her party when she was trying to speak because as I said, that is how he sounded days before death.  Not that she is on her deathbed but I do think something could be going on with her neurologically.  She could be pickling her brain.

• Love 6
6 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

Welcome! 

Thank you for sharing your story, and I'm sorry about your loss. I totally see where you're coming from. We ALL have "something" in our past, so it's useless to try and compare. But I feel Dorinda just doesn't want to hear the EXCUSES anymore. Neither do I. 

I agree that she often becomes pretty unhinged. She should probably be seeking help herself. But damned if I just can't quit her and crazy ways. 

I think I have found my people. Thank you. :-) Yes Dorinda needs help herself, grief is a hard, long journey and it looks different for everyone. 

Dorinda def shouldn’t be on a reality show but she is my favorite housewife. “Back that shit up and back it up now.” I yell that at my Apple TV when it starts acting a fool. My fiancé can’t stsnd Carole (he mocks me for watching these shows but damn if his ass ain’t sneaking a peek or two or 100) 

Sonia used to be fun now she’s just sad and depressing AF. 

Edited by lamujerdecente
  • Love 15

I have never really like Carole. She is a leo like me so I wanted to but she just comes across as smug, fake, self deprecating ahole. I remember all her “Sonia young” comments towards Luanne and then got all bent out of shape when she got shite for Adam. She does have cute clothes. So there’s that. I also find her unfortunate looking and older looking than her years with all the fillers she has done. She was prettier without all that IMO.

I have never been crazy about Bethany and her antics but her wardrobe is stella. Always has been. 

• Love 14
2 hours ago, mwell345 said:

From  Carole's blog:

And poor dumb Sonja not to know the difference between a bad divorce and a young death. I feel sorry for her except for the fact that she is #nastynice to my friends, and if I’m anything, it’s loyal. #rideordiehoney"

http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-new-york-city/season-10/blogs/carole-radziwill/carole-radziwill-im-not-a

There's more - she decides to write about what kind of person she is using "Carole is .------"

"Carole is the kind of person who can take criticism if actual criticism is given."

"Carole is the kind of person who will correct the record backed up with screenshots and evidence. Lol."

'Carole is the kind of person who drives four hours in traffic to go to her friend’s birthday dinner, who brings three dozen roses, and doesn’t make a big deal when she doesn’t say thank you."

I'd have to agree with Carole there - we've seen film of Ramona's birthday lunches and other things, and there are always a lot of women there.  I don't know if they are all as shallow as Ramona is (and, maybe just want to be on TV), but they show up.  And, unlike Bethenny, it's not assistants and employees.

2 hours ago, Jel said:

Hmm Bethenny says she asked Carole to stay at her house, and Carole said Bethenny says her house was too full. 

I'm inclined to believe Carole, but the whole "Unlike some people whose names I could mention, *I'm* actually great to my friends!" (and then she proceeds to call out her friend publicly in a PA way) makes me question that. I don't think "Carole is very self-aware" is gonna make the 2.0 list.

I wonder if it has something to do with screen time.  If Bryn and Dennis were staying at Bethenny's house, I'm assuming that no cameras were allowed.  Carole may have weighed her options, and realized that she could get more time on film as a room mate to Tinsley at the hotel.

• Love 9

Hmmm, maybe it’s a regional thing, but I have zero problems with Dorinda’s rants.  Yeah, maybe they seem “mean”, but calling people out is considered “mean” these days.  I’m a midwesterner, but could be mistaken for an eastcoaster - I’ve been questioned many a time why I’m so angry about something only to be confused because I wasn’t angry...I was having a spirited conversation/debate with someone, and it comes across as aggressive.  When others see unhinged, I see extreme emphasis.  I can’t remember a single Dorinda rant that was bs; she snaps the truth when she has had her fill of bs.  That is damn good reality tv because that’s how people respond in real life - the problem is that reality tv isn’t reality tv anymore because the participants are too aware of the cameras and the consequences so they temper their behavior.  Dorinda is a reminder of how good reality tv used to be.   To many, she may be extra, but I’m living for it.  Also, and it can’t be said enough, Sonya needs help 100x more than Dorinda.  Dorinda has admitted she has temper issues; Sonya has never admitted as much as an exaggeration if I remember correctly.  That, plus, even without alcohol, Sonya’s delusions still persist - that is scary stuff (unless this is all an act for tv).  

• Love 19
1 minute ago, lampwick said:

Hmmm, maybe it’s a regional thing, but I have zero problems with Dorinda’s rants.  Yeah, maybe they seem “mean”, but calling people out is considered “mean” these days.  I’m a midwesterner, but could be mistaken for an eastcoaster - I’ve been questioned many a time why I’m so angry about something only to be confused because I wasn’t angry...I was having a spirited conversation/debate with someone, and it comes across as aggressive.  When others see unhinged, I see extreme emphasis.  I can’t remember a single Dorinda rant that was bs; she snaps the truth when she has had her fill of bs.  That is damn good reality tv because that’s how people respond in real life - the problem is that reality tv isn’t reality tv anymore because the participants are too aware of the cameras and the consequences so they temper their behavior.  Dorinda is a reminder of how good reality tv used to be.   To many, she may be extra, but I’m living for it.  Also, and it can’t be said enough, Sonya needs help 100x more than Dorinda.  Dorinda has admitted she has temper issues; Sonya has never admitted as much as an exaggeration if I remember correctly.  That, plus, even without alcohol, Sonya’s delusions still persist - that is scary stuff (unless this is all an act for tv).  

This. I am Also viewed as “aggressive “ when it’s just passion. The only one I view as truly too damn aggressive is Miss Bethany. She wouldn’t be screaming at me but once before she would learn that no. Not. The. Way. Honey. 

• Love 11
2 hours ago, WhoaWhoKnew said:

How hilarious is Sonja trying to talk up the Jitney like it's peak luxury travel?

It reminded me of Alex and Simon saying having a blow up kiddie pool was a luxury others can't enjoy.

*dead* 

OMG that also reminds me of that house they rented in the Hamptons in season 1 or 2.  Now, to be fair, there WAS a pool, but the inside looked like it belonged to a hoarder.  And wasn't there, like, one bedroom with a single bed?  And no AC?  Oh those two certainly delivered on the LOLs - often unintentionally. 

• Love 17

Ramona thinks she's a maven who just "soaks up" information? Really? Because I think she's a yenta who pokes her nose into things and knows less than Jon Snow. She worked those guys to death, too. They did all that moving because they thought she might buy a piece of their, um, art. I do like abstract art, but I didn't care for the paintings we saw.

Sonja's diet. I have (for actual medical reasons) a weird diet. I bring my own ingredients (or buy them after I arrive) and implements, though. I don't expect anyone to cater to my needs. More Sonja: If a friend comes to my house and borrows my clothes *without asking*, I will have a problem with that. It's the *without asking* part that irked Dorinda (because if asked, she'd have offered another item that didn't have the sentimental value, I'm fairly sure). One of Dorinda's good instincts is that of hospitality. She wants her guests to feel at home. She'd have offered something if Sonja had behaved like a normal guest and asked. Bless her heart, though, Sonja is delusional if she thinks she's sensitive to anyone else's feelings.

If I never in my whole life hear Luann sing another off-key note, I'll be pleased about it. That woman makes Kim Z from the HoWives of Atlanta sound like a freakin' songbird. More on Luann: I think her Hamptons house is perfection – and it doesn't look at all like a house Luann would like.

Dorinda scares me when she drinks. I've said it before, and I'll probably say it again. I've seen mean-drunk-alcoholism up close and personal in my family. I know it when I see it. Dorinda needs some help, but she doesn't think so, and that's sad. If seeing herself so out of control on TV doesn't get her to change, I don't know what will. Not-drunk Dorinda can be fun. Drunk Dorinda isn't.

Carol should lock her doors. I forgot to lock my car door *one* time while it sat behind my house, and someone got into it and rampaged all through it. Luckily, I never leave anything of value in my car, and whoever got in didn't want my books and my used coffee mug. But do I make extra-sure my doors (car and house) are locked every time? Oh, you know it.

• Love 15

Carole comes off super bitter in her blogs and honestly she better be prepared to bring it at the reunion b/c Bethenny is going to come barrels loaded.  

I liked Carole in her first season, but she was super petty towards Luanne in her first season. She only befriended Luanne when things went south between her and Aviva.  Truth is that Carole never liked Luanne.  And Luanne was totally rude when Adam & Carole got together; however if one of my friends took up with my nieces ex...I wouldn’t be thrilled.  Carole didn’t seem to ever acknowledge this. 

I’m super curious to see how Bethenny responds throughout the season.  I hope she takes the high road.  Nothing she’s said about Carole in her TH’s have merited Carole’s blogs...so far.

• Love 17
11 minutes ago, lamujerdecente said:

This. I am Also viewed as “aggressive “ when it’s just passion. The only one I view as truly too damn aggressive is Miss Bethany. She wouldn’t be screaming at me but once before she would learn that no. Not. The. Way. Honey. 

IMO, yelling to the point of changing color, getting 5 cm from someone's face, pointing, and slobbering is aggressive. Bethenny is an asshole, but she's never had a Hulk-like transformation like we see from Dorinda.

• Love 10
10 minutes ago, WhoaWhoKnew said:

IMO, yelling to the point of changing color, getting 5 cm from someone's face, pointing, and slobbering is aggressive. Bethenny is an asshole, but she's never had a Hulk-like transformation like we see from Dorinda.

Let's not forget the really bad season Bethenny had when her emotions were all over the place. They were at Dorinda's for her Christmas get together and Bethenny got in to a huge fight with LuAnn, screaming at her in her face, telling Lu that she was a whore and sleeps with everybody! Then crying, then screaming, then crying, etc, etc. Difference is I don't think B was drunk, she was just being nasty, crazy Bethenny.

• Love 17
2 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

Let's not forget the really bad season Bethenny had when her emotions were all over the place. They were at Dorinda's for her Christmas get together and Bethenny got in to a huge fight with LuAnn, screaming at her in her face, telling Lu that she was a whore and sleeps with everybody! Then crying, then screaming, then crying, etc, etc. Difference is I don't think B was drunk, she was just being nasty, crazy Bethenny.

I hear ya, but Bethenny on her worst day doesn't seem as unhinged as Dorinda.

• Love 8
7 hours ago, diadochokinesis said:

Yeah, Sonja said it.  I honestly can’t blame Dorinda for losing her shit on Sonja.  Not only does she live in delusional land and come up with these stories but she isn’t even keeping it amongst a circle of friends that would just shrug her off and roll their eyes.  No, she keeps going to Page Six and spreading these lies.  I could see where that would anger all of the ladies.  Yes, they choose to be on a reality show but to have a “friend” constantly go to the papers and spread lies about you is just unnecessary. 

To be fair, they haven't exactly been nice to Sonja these past couple of years. I think Sonja is sort of hurt by the way Ramona, her former BFF, joined-at-the-hip girl friend, has kinda dropped her like a bad habit. She doesn't even dislike Sonja, she's just over her, so she's distanced herself. I think Sonja misses their friendship and is hurt that Ramona doesn't care to be thick as thieves anymore and left her to fend for herself. I also think it bothers Sonja that Ramona seems to want to be better friends with Dorinda. 

I also think Sonja's resentment of Dorinda really started when Dorinda excluded her from that weekend in the Hamptons 2 seasons ago. Sonja kept tweeting about "it's not just about a night in the Hamptons, we all know the real price I paid." I think she may have been referring to the Bravo paycheck, they may pay the ladies bonuses when they take vacations where they're being filmed 24/7, as opposed to for a few hours at a certain event or venue. I kind of agree that it was weird of Dorinda to do that, bc Sonja has known these girls much longer than her and Sonja is an adult, she doesn't need anyone's protection from Bethenny or anyone else. 

Ever since then, they've been going back and forth. Sonja is resentful of Dorinda and constantly jabs at her with passive-aggressive digs and then crazy Dorinda constantly retaliates. 

Because Dorinda started it, I find myself more sympathetic to Sonja. 

I wish someone would call Dorinda out, someone needs to check her. 

• Love 7
4 minutes ago, SheTalksShit said:

To be fair, they haven't exactly been nice to Sonja these past couple of years. I think Sonja is sort of hurt by the way Ramona, her former BFF, joined-at-the-hip girl friend, has kinda dropped her like a bad habit. She doesn't even dislike Sonja, she's just over her, so she's distanced herself. I think Sonja misses their friendship and is hurt that Ramona doesn't care to be thick as thieves anymore and left her to fend for herself. I also think it bothers Sonja that Ramona seems to want to be better friends with Dorinda. 

I also think Sonja's resentment of Dorinda really started when Dorinda excluded her from that weekend in the Hamptons 2 seasons ago. Sonja kept tweeting about "it's not just about a night in the Hamptons, we all know the real price I paid." I think she may have been referring to the Bravo paycheck, they may pay the ladies bonuses when they take vacations where they're being filmed 24/7, as opposed to for a few hours at a certain event or venue. I kind of agree that it was weird of Dorinda to do that, bc Sonja has known these girls much longer than her and Sonja is an adult, she doesn't need anyone's protection from Bethenny or anyone else. 

Ever since then, they've been going back and forth. Sonja is resentful of Dorinda and constantly jabs at her with passive-aggressive digs and then crazy Dorinda constantly retaliates. 

Because Dorinda started it, I find myself more sympathetic to Sonja. 

I wish someone would call Dorinda out, someone needs to check her. 

I don’t think this is a tit for tat. these women are way beyond that age to be acting like that. I wouldn’t want a woman in my house who rummages through  my things when I’m not around and helps herself to whatever she may find (shoes outfits) and gets pissed when the host calls them out on it. Big deal she didn’t get invited to someone’s house move the flock on. 

• Love 10